PDA

View Full Version : NBA All Time Redraft Voting - 3 v 6 (ABA)

valade16
05-31-2016, 06:02 PM
Once again this year users on the forum partook in an all time snake redraft with players over the history of the sport we all love. GMs drafted players based on their 3 season peaks and assumed 100% health. Via the draft and trades they tried to compile the best team they could. Please look at the teams posted below and decide which one would win in a 7 game series. The higher seed has home court advantage. After you've carefully thought about which team would win, please vote on the poll. If you can't please post in the thread stating which team you think wins and I can add it to the poll

(3) Womp Rats

PG: Steve Nash - Kenny Anderson
SG: Klay Thompson - World B Free
SF: Paul George - Glen Robinson
PF: Amare Stoudemire - Kenyon Martin
C: David Robinson - Tree Rollins

vs.

(6) Gotham Bats

PG: Dennis Johnson - Jojo White
SG: Dan Majerle - J.J. Redick
SF: Larry Bird - Pete Maravich
PF: Dennis Rodman - Serge Ibaka
C: Dave Cowens - DeMarcus Cousins

Quinnsanity
05-31-2016, 06:35 PM
Assorted thoughts:

- **** Brack's team for being this modern. Three active starters, a fourth who retired last year and their oldest player was around last decade? That totally defeats the purpose of the game. Letting it win anything is just a bad message to send.

- Their whole offense is based around the Nash-Amar'e PnR. We have DJ and Rodman to snuff it out every single time. Their best offensive weapon is gone.

- Speaking of Rodman and Amar'e, Rodman might legitimately average 10 offensive rebounds per game against him. It's going to get very ugly, very quickly. The greatest rebounder of all time against one of the worst among well-known players. It's going to be a bloodbath. In fact, here are the rebounding rates of both teams' starters:

Steve Nash: 5.4%
Klay Thompson: 5.5%
Paul George: 10.8%
Amar’e Stoudemire: 14.4%
David Robinson: 17.3%
Brack average: 10.7%

Dennis Johnson: 6.5%
Pete Maravich: 5.5%
Larry Bird: 14.5%
Dennis Rodman: 23.4%
Dave Cowens: 17.1%
Quinn Average: 13.4%

This is going to be a bloodbath on the boards.

- We have no weak links on our defense. ALL FIVE OF OUR STARTERS MADE MULTIPLE ALL DEFENSIVE TEAMS. There is no matchup for them to exploit. On the other end, they have Amar'e Stoudemire and Steve Nash, two absolutely dreadful defenders. Their team defense is going to suffer significantly because of it, we're going to get plenty of easy baskets. You can hide one bad defender, you can't hide two. Not in this game, not with this much talent.

- In conclusion: we win this matchup. Brack has a talented team. But it matches up terribly against us.

KnicksorBust
05-31-2016, 08:01 PM
Awesome matchup here. Will take a look in the morning. Hope to hear a rebuttal from team 3

Sadds The Gr8
05-31-2016, 08:06 PM
I like womp rats pretty easily here

Raps08-09 Champ
05-31-2016, 09:33 PM
Assorted thoughts:

- **** Brack's team for being this modern. Three active starters, a fourth who retired last year and their oldest player was around last decade? That totally defeats the purpose of the game. Letting it win anything is just a bad message to send.

- Their whole offense is based around the Nash-Amar'e PnR. We have DJ and Rodman to snuff it out every single time. Their best offensive weapon is gone.

- Speaking of Rodman and Amar'e, Rodman might legitimately average 10 offensive rebounds per game against him. It's going to get very ugly, very quickly. The greatest rebounder of all time against one of the worst among well-known players. It's going to be a bloodbath. In fact, here are the rebounding rates of both teams' starters:

Steve Nash: 5.4%
Klay Thompson: 5.5%
Paul George: 10.8%
Amar’e Stoudemire: 14.4%
David Robinson: 17.3%
Brack average: 10.7%

Dennis Johnson: 6.5%
Pete Maravich: 5.5%
Larry Bird: 14.5%
Dennis Rodman: 23.4%
Dave Cowens: 17.1%
Quinn Average: 13.4%

This is going to be a bloodbath on the boards.

- We have no weak links on our defense. ALL FIVE OF OUR STARTERS MADE MULTIPLE ALL DEFENSIVE TEAMS. There is no matchup for them to exploit. On the other end, they have Amar'e Stoudemire and Steve Nash, two absolutely dreadful defenders. Their team defense is going to suffer significantly because of it, we're going to get plenty of easy baskets. You can hide one bad defender, you can't hide two. Not in this game, not with this much talent.

- In conclusion: we win this matchup. Brack has a talented team. But it matches up terribly against us.

:laugh2:

You were telling us Danny Green was going to win you the ****ing game and you're complaining about something you tried to do?

Quinnsanity
05-31-2016, 10:25 PM
:laugh2:

You were telling us Danny Green was going to win you the ****ing game and you're complaining about something you tried to do?

I said I thought Danny Green was a good player who would help me and that I wanted him because I wanted to win. I never said "I have Danny Green so I'm going to win." I have no problem with having modern guys on your roster, I absolutely have a problem with stacking your entire starting lineup with modern guys because it misleads voters and defeats the purpose of the game. For god's sake every player on his roster was from the 80's or later.

Raps08-09 Champ
05-31-2016, 10:50 PM
I said I thought Danny Green was a good player who would help me and that I wanted him because I wanted to win. I never said "I have Danny Green so I'm going to win." I have no problem with having modern guys on your roster, I absolutely have a problem with stacking your entire starting lineup with modern guys because it misleads voters and defeats the purpose of the game. For god's sake every player on his roster was from the 80's or later.

Which is what you were trying to do...

Your reasoning was that he was going to help you win because he was a current player people would recognize, which is literally no different than what he did.

xbrackattackx
06-01-2016, 12:07 AM
This is my Womp rats pretty easy.

first, gonna reply to the immature attack of my team having modern players. Can't help that's what the draft/trades gave me. I followed the rules and guidelines to a T. And took players based on fit and talent. And don't appreciate the smear like I did something wrong.

Second...Quinn has a great Defense. I admit that.

I have a EXCELLENT Offense.

My chemistry and fit is hard to top in this whole redraft.

Nash is gonna absolutely feed on this team. Klay and PG are both great 3 PT shooters as is Nash. Amare and Robinson are more athletic then anyone on his team.

Nash Ast/TOs are not bad and he has ran 10 of the best offenses in NBA history. Faced monsters at the PG his whole career. And you are telling me Dennis J is gonna stop him. You double him and Klay or George will feast. I can double Bird with Klay and George. And let Rodman hang out. Heck I can leave Rodman open and let him score his crazy 8 pts in 40 Mins. Robinson is gonna literally feast on Cowens. And I haven't even brought up my bench. I can sit Amare anytime with my scoring I have and bring out Kenyon Martin or Tree Rollins. Who are great defenders. I also have Big Dog Glen Rob,World B Free and Kenny Anderson. My team is very well balanced. As his is a defensive team. The talent just isn't there to stop me. 3 7 footers on the court at once in PG,Amare and Robinson. With Two dead eyes on the Court. Who are you gonna put your weakest defender on? Cause everyone can feast on this team. Nash also is underrated on the Defensive end. As was Amare(Check the Suns and even Heats defensive numbers with him off and on. He actually improves it. He's wasn't a stud by any means. But he's not James Harden.

In closing: this was a fun redraft.

And I look forward to this series.

Quinnsanity
06-01-2016, 12:39 AM
Which is what you were trying to do...

Your reasoning was that he was going to help you win because he was a current player people would recognize, which is literally no different than what he did.

Yea... with my 10th man. There's a big difference between doing that and ignoring the entire purpose of the game solely to get votes.

Quinnsanity
06-01-2016, 12:45 AM
This is my Womp rats pretty easy.

first, gonna reply to the immature attack of my team having modern players. Can't help that's what the draft/trades gave me. I followed the rules and guidelines to a T. And took players based on fit and talent. And don't appreciate the smear like I did something wrong.

Second...Quinn has a great Defense. I admit that.

I have a EXCELLENT Offense.

My chemistry and fit is hard to top in this whole redraft.

Nash is gonna absolutely feed on this team. Klay and PG are both great 3 PT shooters as is Nash. Amare and Robinson are more athletic then anyone on his team.

Nash Ast/TOs are not bad and he has ran 10 of the best offenses in NBA history. Faced monsters at the PG his whole career. And you are telling me Dennis J is gonna stop him. You double him and Klay or George will feast. I can double Bird with Klay and George. And let Rodman hang out. Heck I can leave Rodman open and let him score his crazy 8 pts in 40 Mins. Robinson is gonna literally feast on Cowens. And I haven't even brought up my bench. I can sit Amare anytime with my scoring I have and bring out Kenyon Martin or Tree Rollins. Who are great defenders. I also have Big Dog Glen Rob,World B Free and Kenny Anderson. My team is very well balanced. As his is a defensive team. The talent just isn't there to stop me. 3 7 footers on the court at once in PG,Amare and Robinson. With Two dead eyes on the Court. Who are you gonna put your weakest defender on? Cause everyone can feast on this team. Nash also is underrated on the Defensive end. As was Amare(Check the Suns and even Heats defensive numbers with him off and on. He actually improves it. He's wasn't a stud by any means. But he's not James Harden.

In closing: this was a fun redraft.

And I look forward to this series.

Robinson's gonna feast Cowens? You realize he's an All-Defense 1st team guy, right? Is your whole argument height? Because Cowens did just fine against Kareem, who's bigger and better than Robinson.

Nash and Amar'e are underrated defensively? No they're not. Nash had a career DRtg of 111 per Basketball Reference. That's ****ing dreadful. That's worse than literally any team in basketball this season. Amar'e Stoudemire has literally claimed that he doesn't know how to play defense because nobody taught him how, here's the link: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/amar-e-stoudemire-claims-nobody-ever-taught-him-214916043--nba.html. These might be the two worst defensive starters in the redraft... and they're on the same team. There's a reason that pair never won anything together in real life.

You're just gonna let Rodman hang out? Cool, he'll help himself to all of the offensive rebounds he wants. How many times do you think you'll be able to stop Larry Bird in a row? Because we're going to have fun finding out.

Who am I gonna put my weakest defender on? Newsflash, I DON'T HAVE A WEAKEST DEFENDER! Literally all five of my starters made multiple all defensive teams.

So yea, your arguments aren't exactly inspiring.

NYKalltheway
06-01-2016, 02:27 AM
I can't look past the awful defense throughout that #3 seeded team. The other team's defense isn't elite, but at least there are some excellent defenders in the lineup.

Both teams can shoot the 3. Perhaps the Womp Rats have a more balanced team based on their depth, but they don't fit the team's philosophy whereas the Gotham Bats basically just have backup players in order to keep the same style but just give some rest to the starters.

Gotham has more flexibility scoring. Womp Rats depend on Nash's quality to get an open look to the wings or

On principle, based on what we know today about the NBA, ignoring the past, the Nash/Amare/Robinson team would feast. But this is an all time, defense matters and there's none of it outside of D Rob. The Admiral has no crew here. That bench lineup is a recipe for disaster and there aren't any bench players, maybe other than K Martin, that can help this team do something differently with success.

Gotham Bats in 5 or 6, depending on how many shot attempts they'll allow the Womp Rats take. At the end of the day, Robinson would average 30ppg while it'd be tough to find a 2nd scorer here and someone who can go past 18ppg in the series.
Larry Bird would also be 30+ and the defense of the Womp Rats will allow too many easy baskets, if Cowens forces D Rob to stick on him for the most part of the series. There aren't any easy baskets the the Womp Rats will have other than an occassional 3.

Quinnsanity
06-01-2016, 02:56 AM
I can't look past the awful defense throughout that #3 seeded team. The other team's defense isn't elite, but at least there are some excellent defenders in the lineup.

Both teams can shoot the 3. Perhaps the Womp Rats have a more balanced team based on their depth, but they don't fit the team's philosophy whereas the Gotham Bats basically just have backup players in order to keep the same style but just give some rest to the starters.

Gotham has more flexibility scoring. Womp Rats depend on Nash's quality to get an open look to the wings or

On principle, based on what we know today about the NBA, ignoring the past, the Nash/Amare/Robinson team would feast. But this is an all time, defense matters and there's none of it outside of D Rob. The Admiral has no crew here. That bench lineup is a recipe for disaster and there aren't any bench players, maybe other than K Martin, that can help this team do something differently with success.

Gotham Bats in 5 or 6, depending on how many shot attempts they'll allow the Womp Rats take. At the end of the day, Robinson would average 30ppg while it'd be tough to find a 2nd scorer here and someone who can go past 18ppg in the series.
Larry Bird would also be 30+ and the defense of the Womp Rats will allow too many easy baskets, if Cowens forces D Rob to stick on him for the most part of the series. There aren't any easy baskets the the Womp Rats will have other than an occassional 3.

Thank you. That's what I've been saying. Nash and Amar'e are dreadful defenders and that's going to kill this team, you can't have two terrible defenders together in this game, the talent is just too much. Other than D-Rob his entire defense is just downright bad. He's relying on two guys who have maybe 5 combined years of ATRD-worthy play to carry his perimeter defense, and it's going to get him killed.

Sadds The Gr8
06-01-2016, 03:20 AM

Thank you. That's what I've been saying. Nash and Amar'e are dreadful defenders and that's going to kill this team, you can't have two terrible defenders together in this game, the talent is just too much. Other than D-Rob his entire defense is just downright bad. He's relying on two guys who have maybe 5 combined years of ATRD-worthy play to carry his perimeter defense, and it's going to get him killed.

Paul George and Klay Thompson????:confused:

Raps08-09 Champ
06-01-2016, 07:53 AM
Yea... with my 10th man. There's a big difference between doing that and ignoring the entire purpose of the game solely to get votes.

Stealing is still stealing whether its a piece of candy or a million dollars.

KnicksorBust
06-01-2016, 12:00 PM
It's a shame because the old Gotham Bats team with Bird at PF would have won this easily. Womp Rats win this series in a tight battle. Too much talent and it fits together perfectly.

Sadds The Gr8
06-01-2016, 01:51 PM
It's a shame because the old Gotham Bats team with Bird at PF would have won this easily. Womp Rats win this series in a tight battle. Too much talent and it fits together perfectly.
Yea that team was awesome. He traded his way outta contention

PatsSoxKnicks
06-01-2016, 03:26 PM
Fun matchup here, gonna have to think about it.

valade16
06-01-2016, 03:40 PM
I don't think Womp Rats have anyone on Larry Bird's level but I think they have more talent overall.

xnick5757
06-01-2016, 09:46 PM
poor larry bird gets no love :(

he'd wreck george or amare

KnicksorBust
06-02-2016, 07:11 AM
poor larry bird gets no love :(

he'd wreck george or amare

I don't think Bird is the problem here at all. It's the other 4 guys vs. womp's loaded 5.

valade16
06-03-2016, 06:08 PM
Womp Rats (Brack) wins.