PDA

View Full Version : NBA All Time Redraft Voting - 3 v 6 (NBA)

valade16
05-31-2016, 05:48 PM
Once again this year users on the forum partook in an all-time snake redraft with players over the history of the sport we all love. GMs drafted players based on their 3 season peaks and assumed 100% health. Via the draft and trades they tried to compile the best team they could. Please look at the teams posted below and decide which one would win in a 7 game series. The higher seed has home court advantage. After you've carefully thought about which team would win, please vote on the poll. If you can't please post in the thread stating which team you think wins and I can add it to the poll

(3) Manson Family Serial Killers

PG: Deron Williams - Paul Westphal
SG: Kawhi Leonard - Jason Richardson
SF: Scottie Pippen - Sean Elliott
PF: Rasheed Wallace - Antonio McDyess
C: Patrick Ewing - Tyson Chandler

vs.

(6) Washington Generals

PG: Dwyane Wade - Bob Cousy
SG: Ray Allen - Ron Harper
SF: Paul Pierce - Wally Szczerbiak
PF: Lamar Odom - Shareef Abdur-Rahim
C: Dwight Howard - Elmore Smith

Ebbs
05-31-2016, 05:53 PM
Generals have way more talent but Manson Family is disgusting defensively.

Redrum187
05-31-2016, 06:35 PM
Manson Family has the 2 best perimeter players to stop their best player (Wade). Wade is a beast, no doubt, but the defensive versatility will shut down the generals.

Raidaz4Life
05-31-2016, 07:08 PM
Manson pretty easily for me on this one. I just really despise the Generals front court.

KnicksorBust
05-31-2016, 07:57 PM
Manson. Best defense in the redraft cruises in round 1. Sidenote: lamar odom starting in an all-time? Yuck

Chronz
05-31-2016, 08:08 PM
Wade aint a pg. Other team wins

Sadds The Gr8
05-31-2016, 08:13 PM
Yea I hate wade at pg. I think the matchup is intriguing but Manson in 6

CHANGO
05-31-2016, 08:42 PM
I think the Generals would look better with Wade at his natural position or playing as the SF and going small with Pierce at the 4.

Cousy
Wade
Allen
Pierce
Howard

And bringing Odom off the bench as your 6th man.

Redrum187
05-31-2016, 08:47 PM
I think the Generals would look better with Wade at his natural position or playing as the SF and going small with Pierce at the 4.

Cousy
Wade
Allen
Pierce
Howard

And bringing Odom off the bench as your 6th man.

That's an interesting line up. I'm not sure Allen could contain Pippen though... Especially if Pippen went into the post.

Also, while Cousy is considered a top 10 pg, it's more for historical purposes, not necessarily a top 10 talent. I'm not sure how well Cousy would transition in today's game.

CHANGO
05-31-2016, 09:04 PM
That's an interesting line up. I'm not sure Allen could contain Pippen though... Especially if Pippen went into the post.

Also, while Cousy is considered a top 10 pg, it's more for historical purposes, not necessarily a top 10 talent. I'm not sure how well Cousy would transition in today's game.

Yes, I think the problem would be the post for almost every position except the C position. KL would kill Wade on the post, Pippen would kill Allen and I think Sheed is more of a perimeter big so Pierce should be fine.

The biggest advantage of that lineup is having a natural PG, good spacing, and either Leonard or Pippen chasing down Ray Allen through screens.

unleashthebeast
05-31-2016, 10:11 PM
The key in this matchup is that I have 3 elite offensive playmakers in the backcourt, and he has 2 guys there to stop them. Who is Deron covering out of Wade, Allen, Pierce? Deron is going to get downright exposed

Also this talk of Wade not being able to play PG is silly. He started out playing PG, and through all of his prime was THE guy bringing the ball down the floor and making the plays. I also have 3 other starters who have plenty of experience handling the ball.

unleashthebeast
05-31-2016, 10:16 PM
I also don't see an offense for the Manson team. Dwight in his prime was one of the best defensive Cs this game has seen, so Ewing will not be much of a force. Who is leading that offense? Pierce was a great defender and won't allow Pippen to go off. I don't see any offense on that team

Quinnsanity
05-31-2016, 10:33 PM
Man this is a toughy. There's nowhere for RR to hide Deron and both lineups are super balanced. That being said, as is the case with Brack, I think it's utter ******** how modern the generals are. All five starters played as recently as 2013. Come on UTB, you're better than that. At least you pay some lip service to other eras with your bench but still. I am cool with Wade at PG though. I don't understand the hate. What can a normal point guard do that Dwyane Wade didn't do in '08-'09 and '09-'10? It's the same deal with James Harden and a few other 2-guards like that. If you're running the offense, taking the ball up the court etc... then you're a point guard, I don't care if there's a smaller player with you in the backcourt. I'm leaning RR but will see how some more debate plays out before voting.

Redrum187
05-31-2016, 10:41 PM
The key in this matchup is that I have 3 elite offensive playmakers in the backcourt, and he has 2 guys there to stop them. Who is Deron covering out of Wade, Allen, Pierce? Deron is going to get downright exposed

Also this talk of Wade not being able to play PG is silly. He started out playing PG, and through all of his prime was THE guy bringing the ball down the floor and making the plays. I also have 3 other starters who have plenty of experience handling the ball.

I'm not sure Deron is going to get exposed at all... Utah Deron was an above average defender. Not to mention, he isn't a little PG, he has nice size. Even if Deron wasn't above average (which he was), the team defense doesn't skip a beat... the "weak" defensive link is only an "above average defender"... I'll take it.

Redrum187
05-31-2016, 10:53 PM
I also don't see an offense for the Manson team. Dwight in his prime was one of the best defensive Cs this game has seen, so Ewing will not be much of a force. Who is leading that offense? Pierce was a great defender and won't allow Pippen to go off. I don't see any offense on that team

You don't consider having 5 guys who can score 20+ on any given game as having any offense? Ignoring their great efficiency, spacing, passing, and team-first mentality, I have no idea why you would even suggest that. How many points per game do you expect your starters to make with the defense Manson Family has?

There is more than enough offense and an overwhelming amount of defense to shut the Generals down.

Lakers + Giants
05-31-2016, 11:35 PM
Ultimately I think Wade and Pierce would honestly be too limited by Pippen and Kawhi, While RRs front court is clearly superior. I really don't see any advantages for the generals.

xxplayerxx23
05-31-2016, 11:37 PM
Dwighrs great defensively but he's not shutting Ewing down. Ewing went against better defensive centers and did well. Pierce played defense when he wanted, Pippen would own him. That's fine, if you wanna go with Deron is going to get absused we will take shutting down two of your 3 best offensive weapons. If Ewing won't be a force either will Wade or Pierce. And Dwight sure as hell ISnt dominating Ewing on that end either so it comes down to can ray Allen score 45+ a game 4 times to beat us, not to mention we have HCA. We are very balanced offensivley and we will dominate defensively so good luck

xxplayerxx23
05-31-2016, 11:40 PM
Deron Williams offensive numbers in Utah are absurd. People never wanna give him credit. We play with 3 year peaks his 3 year peak offensivley is as good as many PGs all time. Go check out how many averaged 20-10 he's not a scrub in there. If anybody's a scrub starting and would be a liability it's odom.

NYKalltheway
06-01-2016, 02:17 AM
Probably a sweep here. With Ray Allen being the only consistent offensive force for the Generals and one of Wade and Pierce being the dominant scorer in each game as one of them will always be shut down.
Ewing, Sheed and McDyess will have a field day every game and I can't see how Odom or Howard can go double digits here without a legit p&r system, as the wings will be contained and Wade tends to prefer to slash than pass, so having your best scorer as your main PG when he's best used as a SG in a different system (to make up for Odom-Howard frontcourt and Ray Allen at SG) is working against you. Wade as a PG is acceptable, but this system and the players around him don't do him many favors. The balance just seems off.
Saying that, I also think that Kawhi at SG will probably be trouble in the next rounds for Manson.

(I still don't get how my team is inferior to UTB's, no disrespect man :p )

valade16
06-01-2016, 03:41 PM
I thought this was one of the tougher draws for RR since UTB has 3 very good wing players so Kawhi and Pip won't be able to completely shut that down.

It looks like he is blowing UTB out of the water, which has to be pretty scary for everyone else in the playoffs.

xnick5757
06-01-2016, 09:56 PM
i know the votes are far apart, but i feel that this would be super close. manson's got a few questionable playoff performers while washington has a bunch of clutch and grit

peak howard is right there with peak ewing, and one of ray/wade/pierce would feast

also, it seems like odom did a good job against wallace (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=wallara01&p2=odomla01)

washington by a hair

xxplayerxx23
06-02-2016, 12:07 PM
i know the votes are far apart, but i feel that this would be super close. manson's got a few questionable playoff performers while washington has a bunch of clutch and grit

peak howard is right there with peak ewing, and one of ray/wade/pierce would feast

also, it seems like odom did a good job against wallace (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=wallara01&p2=odomla01)

washington by a hair

Sigh peak Howard isn't near peak Ewing. The disrespect Ewing gets is disgusting

xxplayerxx23
06-02-2016, 12:07 PM
I thought this was one of the tougher draws for RR since UTB has 3 very good wing players so Kawhi and Pip won't be able to completely shut that down.

It looks like he is blowing UTB out of the water, which has to be pretty scary for everyone else in the playoffs.

Cough cough

valade16
06-02-2016, 01:16 PM
Cough cough

Sorry, you are a GM too. I just didn't want to refer to your guys' team as the Manson Family in a post :laugh2:

roshan3ai
06-02-2016, 01:34 PM
I think Manson Family takes this. But in what world was Deron Williams an above average defender?

xxplayerxx23
06-02-2016, 02:18 PM
Sorry, you are a GM too. I just didn't want to refer to your guys' team as the Manson Family in a post :laugh2:

Lmao gotcha

xxplayerxx23
06-02-2016, 02:19 PM
I think Manson Family takes this. But in what world was Deron Williams an above average defender?

Maybe not above average but in Utah he wasn't a liability. This match up he would have problems but overall I think he can handle his own, def would put pressure on PGs to play defense on the other end too.

Redrum187
06-02-2016, 06:45 PM

I know it seems like an eternity, but from 07-10, when people debated Paul vs Williams, a lot of people pointed out that Deron was the better defender. Especially when we look at their H2H, we see Deron really limited CP3.

After his injury and trade, Deron did slip defensively though. It's pretty obvious he was never the same player after that. CP3 getting defensive selections and Deron regressing due to injury makes us forget about all that though.

Redrum187
06-02-2016, 06:52 PM
Maybe not above average but in Utah he wasn't a liability. This match up he would have problems but overall I think he can handle his own, def would put pressure on PGs to play defense on the other end too.

For sure. Scoring over 22 points a game at .606 ts% in the PLAYOFFS will definitely put pressure on opposing PGs.

Sadds The Gr8
06-02-2016, 08:20 PM
I know it seems like an eternity, but from 07-10, when people debated Paul vs Williams, a lot of people pointed out that Deron was the better defender. Especially when we look at their H2H, we see Deron really limited CP3.

After his injury and trade, Deron did slip defensively though. It's pretty obvious he was never the same player after that. CP3 getting defensive selections and Deron regressing due to injury makes us forget about all that though.
Those ppl were idiots. He was never a better defender than Paul....

roshan3ai
06-03-2016, 12:24 AM
Yeah considering I never remember his defense being good and his average DPM was -2.1 in Utah, I don't really buy him being a good defender at any point.

xxplayerxx23
06-03-2016, 02:52 AM
I don't remember him ever being a liability tho In Utah. Don't matter though

KnicksorBust
06-03-2016, 08:03 AM
Yeah considering I never remember his defense being good and his average DPM was -2.1 in Utah, I don't really buy him being a good defender at any point.

average d but great offensive player...best point guard in the league...used to dog cp3.

valade16
06-03-2016, 06:07 PM
Manson Family Serial Killers (RR/nick) win.