PDA

View Full Version : Should Russel Westbrook have laughed?

giantspwn
05-30-2016, 11:35 PM
He was no where to be seen on the floor after game 7. Curry basically beat up on him offensively and defensively the last 3 games. Was disrespecting the two time mvp his demise?

Westbrook being one of the most talented pg's in the game, will he ever live this down?

zn23
05-31-2016, 12:59 AM
He laughed at Curry's defense, which isn't very good lets be honest. Dion Waiters and Westbrook had no problems blowing by them.

Aust
05-31-2016, 01:17 AM
Cmon. You guys won the game. You don't need to make this thread.

TrueFan420
05-31-2016, 01:26 AM

The guy that made the thread isn't a warrior fan... Well maybe he is but I haven't seen him in our forum

tp13baby
05-31-2016, 01:27 AM
He laughed at Curry's defense, which isn't very good lets be honest. Dion Waiters and Westbrook had no problems blowing by them.

This. The laugh doesn't really matter. Pretty much replaces Westbrook saying his defense isn't great and its not.

But Curry made plays when it mattered defensively. Honestly he probably won game 6 with his defense late.

Scoots
05-31-2016, 01:43 AM

Curry's man defense isn't anything special. He tries but he's limited by quickness and size. But his team defense is MUCH better than Westbrook's. And Westbrook has lazy defensive tendencies. Westbrook played MUCH better D the first few games than he did in the last 3.

Aust
05-31-2016, 03:23 AM
The guy that made the thread isn't a warrior fan... Well maybe he is but I haven't seen him in our forum

If he isn't than nvm

KnicksorBust
05-31-2016, 07:34 AM
I'll always want the Thunder to trade him. He's a great player but he and Durant belong on different teams.

IndyRealist
05-31-2016, 07:48 AM
I'll always want the Thunder to trade him. He's a great player but he and Durant belong on different teams.

Who could they even trade him for that would give close to equal value? He's pretty much #2 at his position, and #1 is going to the Finals.

eDush
05-31-2016, 07:58 AM

Real Warriors fans post on the Warriors board as their fandom and loyalty to the team begins the moment they post there otherwise they are noobs. At least that's what they told me...just ask Stylez or was it Mack.

Even Heat fans are scared to face Stylez in our forum...:laugh2:

blacknell
05-31-2016, 08:51 AM
Durant took Westbrook out the game by demanding the ball and jacking up horrible shots. Just like Barkley said, Durant was trying to play hero ball and took Westbrook out the game. Also the coach was an idiot by taking Adams and Ibaka out and playing small ball with GS.

nycericanguy
05-31-2016, 09:10 AM
Westbrook seems jealous of Curry, which is understandable.

After the game they asked about how Curry hit tough shots and WB said he hit shots over OKC bigs... he rather throw his bigs under the bus than admit that Curry burned him

then the defense thing.

and before the series he was asked about playing against Curry and WB said something like "he's nothing special, nothing i havent seen before"...

he's sounded jealous to me and unwilling to give Curry any credit this entire series..

eDush
05-31-2016, 09:26 AM

After the game they asked about how Curry hit tough shots and WB said he hit shots over OKC bigs... he rather throw his bigs under the bus than admit that Curry burned him

then the defense thing.

and before the series he was asked about playing against Curry and WB said something like "he's nothing special, nothing i havent seen before"...

he's sounded jealous to me and unwilling to give Curry any credit this entire series..
Who cares....he can watch this non special kid win back to back championships while he watch from home :laugh2:

koreancabbage
05-31-2016, 10:05 AM
Durant took Westbrook out the game by demanding the ball and jacking up horrible shots. Just like Barkley said, Durant was trying to play hero ball and took Westbrook out the game. Also the coach was an idiot by taking Adams and Ibaka out and playing small ball with GS.

was it? Curry and Thompson both made sure to do a PnR and end up with Ibaka or Adams on them. thats when the real breakdown of the defense happened. then OKC lost their confidence.

Scoots
05-31-2016, 10:16 AM

Westbrook took more shots than Durant. If Durant took Russ out of the game he did a bad job of it.

Heediot
05-31-2016, 10:26 AM
Curry is a cold blooded assassin. You don't laugh at him even if it was justified. The guy will use that as fuel and beat you one way or another, it does not have to be defensively.

Stunner
05-31-2016, 11:16 AM
His awful shot selection costed OKC the series

KnicksorBust
05-31-2016, 11:24 AM
Who could they even trade him for that would give close to equal value? He's pretty much #2 at his position, and #1 is going to the Finals.

Without putting too much thought into it... Atlanta/Boston/Memphis would be good trade partners.

If they got back some type of Teague/Horford or Conley/Gasol combination that would balance out OKC and prevent these end of game problems.

mavwar53
05-31-2016, 11:59 AM

then the defense thing.

Has anyone given the Warriors credit for anything? 73 wins and yet OKC is still the better team according to all of the talking heads, cavs are gonna win the finals, it's amazing the lack of respect given to this team because they play team ball.

IndyRealist
05-31-2016, 12:39 PM
Without putting too much thought into it... Atlanta/Boston/Memphis would be good trade partners.

If they got back some type of Teague/Horford or Conley/Gasol combination that would balance out OKC and prevent these end of game problems.

Can Memphis give up both Conley and Gasol? They have no backup plan at center. I don't think Westbrook stays there without Gasol. Same with Atlanta.

No idea what Boston would give, but people don't seem to like their assets too much.

Chromehounds
05-31-2016, 01:10 PM
Westbrook is well.... a Jerk, plain and simple. The dude thinks he's da-man, has no respect for his opponents. Wouldn't be surprise if he's a no-ring wonder like Chucky.

Saddletramp
05-31-2016, 01:39 PM
He should've been smarter than to give Curry that extra fuel to the fire but if you're going to do that, you'd better ****ing win the series. Now he just looks like a clown.

CHANGO
05-31-2016, 02:30 PM
No. But that's his way. That's how he is. He laughed at the reporter asking about Curry's defense, when everyone knows Curry is the weakest link on D and would get DESTROYED by Westy.

CHANGO
05-31-2016, 02:31 PM
Westbrook is well.... a Jerk, plain and simple. The dude thinks he's da-man, has no respect for his opponents. Wouldn't be surprise if he's a no-ring wonder like Chucky.

A Warriors fan talking about jerks who doesn't respect opponents? CHOKING!

ClassyAshyLarry
05-31-2016, 03:11 PM
There's no option for this thread is stupid so I'll just decline to vote.

Stunner
05-31-2016, 03:25 PM

Well Westbrook is the da man and he's the only player since Kobe to have that dog mentally . I like it , Jordan was the same way

LA4life24/8
05-31-2016, 03:26 PM
Portland. Lillard and a 1st for Russ?
****if Russ agrees to sign an extension

Stunner
05-31-2016, 03:28 PM
I told people Russ trying to one up curry would cost them the series . Curry still hasn't learned not to go tick for tack at the wrong time . That's something I always valued Rose for when he was what he was .

Russ is cold blooded but his ball iq still is questionable . Hell hes a worse 3pt shooter than Derrick , wish he would stop pulling so many .

lol, please
05-31-2016, 03:35 PM
He was no where to be seen on the floor after game 7. Curry basically beat up on him offensively and defensively the last 3 games. Was disrespecting the two time mvp his demise?

Westbrook being one of the most talented pg's in the game, will he ever live this down?
Westbrook was scarfing down his plate of crow before game 7 was even over.

Curry didn't have to say anything, but you know he used that little laugh Westrbrook and Durant had at the presser as bulletin board material.

It just makes Westbrook look foolish.

Curry outplayed him, and broke his ankles, and bullied him on the floor.

Don't laugh at a player who's better than you, especially when he's just going to cross you up and unlace your shoes a day later.

lol, please
05-31-2016, 03:39 PM
Has anyone given the Warriors credit for anything? 73 wins and yet OKC is still the better team according to all of the talking heads, cavs are gonna win the finals, it's amazing the lack of respect given to this team because they play team ball.

Those sig quotes. :laugh2:

Please never remove them, I laugh out loud every time I see them.

GoferKing_
06-01-2016, 05:38 AM
Westbrook has great physical abilities but his BBIQ is very low. Players like him don't win champioships often. But it's a team sport, OKC's coach made some questionable decisions like lineups or the constant switching on screens, bigs (apart from Adams) stayed away form the paint, Ibaka should really focus on developing at least a hook shot, so he won't be usless near the basket.

nastynice
06-01-2016, 06:28 AM
Westbrook took more shots than Durant. If Durant took Russ out of the game he did a bad job of it.

lol

nastynice
06-01-2016, 06:32 AM
No. But that's his way. That's how he is. He laughed at the reporter asking about Curry's defense, when everyone knows Curry is the weakest link on D and would get DESTROYED by Westy.

"Would" get destroyed?

Didn't someone throw up westbrooks stats while guarded by curry, had westy at under 30% clip. Is that really destroying anyone?

GoferKing_
06-01-2016, 02:13 PM
"Would" get destroyed?

Didn't someone throw up westbrooks stats while guarded by curry, had westy at under 30% clip. Is that really destroying anyone?

It is not necessary because of Curry's defence as Westbrook takes a lot of stupid shots.

CardinalRed24
06-01-2016, 03:25 PM
Westbrook should have never laughed at Curry like that. I honestly believe the both of them thought for sure that the series was over, especially Westbrook. And he was letting everyone know how cocky/confident he was feeling . (and any opportunity to throw a jab at the 2x mvp when Russell obv thinks of himself as the best pg in the league, he won't hesitate) And it only made things worse.
The defending champs down 3-1, they sure as hell weerdnt looking to be embarresed, and the last thing they wanted was to go home early, just after coming off a title/record breaking season/with the reigning 2x MVP. So that was pure immaturity/stupidity on Westbrook's part. You should have closed the series out first before opening your mouth and flexing like that. And as Curry's minor injuries continued healing , the Warriors only got stronger. And after coming off two blowout losses, being down 3-1, they finally responded with a huge game 5 win to make the series interesting again. And Curry I'm sure only fed off of Russell's words and it only made him hungrier. And so they came out and won the biggest game of the series in OKC, game 6. Which evened things up and brought the series back to Golden State for an epic game 7 in which the Warriors refused to lay down and closed them out in championship fashion.

OKC is a true title contender and they absolutely could have been representing the West in this years finals, but instead they got way ahead of themselves thinking they had the series won, and you just can't get away with that sort of things when up against a powerhouse like Golden State. They should have taken them way more seriously. And now they'll be watching the finals at home, and wondering "what could have been" .. Esp now that Durant will be entering FA and the pressure is on him to win titles. That is, if he intends to go down as one of the very best of all time. And so, there's no guarantee he stays with OKC. He may be worried that Westy just isn't enough and that his prime won't last forever. He needs to put himself in a position to win immediately. BC the Warriors, Cavs, Spurs, Clippers, etc. Aren't going anywhere.

lol, please
06-01-2016, 04:21 PM
Westbrook should have never laughed at Curry like that. I honestly believe the both of them thought for sure that the series was over, especially Westbrook. And he was letting everyone know how cocky/confident he was feeling . (and any opportunity to throw a jab at the 2x mvp when Russell obv thinks of himself as the best pg in the league, he won't hesitate) And it only made things worse.
The defending champs down 3-1, they sure as hell weerdnt looking to be embarresed, and the last thing they wanted was to go home early, just after coming off a title/record breaking season/with the reigning 2x MVP. So that was pure immaturity/stupidity on Westbrook's part. You should have closed the series out first before opening your mouth and flexing like that. And as Curry's minor injuries continued healing , the Warriors only got stronger. And after coming off two blowout losses, being down 3-1, they finally responded with a huge game 5 win to make the series interesting again. And Curry I'm sure only fed off of Russell's words and it only made him hungrier. And so they came out and won the biggest game of the series in OKC, game 6. Which evened things up and brought the series back to Golden State for an epic game 7 in which the Warriors refused to lay down and closed them out in championship fashion.

OKC is a true title contender and they absolutely could have been representing the West in this years finals, but instead they got way ahead of themselves thinking they had the series won, and you just can't get away with that sort of things when up against a powerhouse like Golden State. They should have taken them way more seriously. And now they'll be watching the finals at home, and wondering "what could have been" .. Esp now that Durant will be entering FA and the pressure is on him to win titles. That is, if he intends to go down as one of the very best of all time. And so, there's no guarantee he stays with OKC. He may be worried that Westy just isn't enough and that his prime won't last forever. He needs to put himself in a position to win immediately. BC the Warriors, Cavs, Spurs, Clippers, etc. Aren't going anywhere.

Hit the nail on the head here. Good post.

BKLYNpigeon
06-01-2016, 04:38 PM
who cares. i wished players talked more trash and took more jabs at each other.

nastynice
06-01-2016, 07:54 PM
who cares. i wished players talked more trash and took more jabs at each other.

x2. The only thing I hate is those backhanded compliments where someone wants to take a shot but tryina do it in a way where it seems like they're not. Westy never did that, he always straight up, I can't hate on that

CHANGO
06-01-2016, 08:47 PM
"Would" get destroyed?

Yeah because Curry defended Westy on those plays right? How about help defenders? And double teams? Come on, there's NO PG on this league that can defend Westy 1vs1.

eDush
06-01-2016, 08:48 PM

"Would" get destroyed?

That's cause he had his love on his mind during the game :nod: allball.blogs.nba.com/2015/05/25/russell-westbrook-loves-taylor-swift/