PDA

View Full Version : What's next for Kevin Durant?

G-Menfan4lyfe
05-30-2016, 11:34 PM
I can't lie that was a horrendous, horrendous choke job. I called it though after they went up 3-1, if they didn't close it out in 6 they would lose in 7.

Does this guarantee Durant leaves now? I feel like if they won this series he would have stayed knowing they could get over the hump. After this though, I have to believe he leaves, but that's just me.

j-bay
05-30-2016, 11:43 PM
No. I don't think he leaves, but it may be on a one year deal instead.

IDunknown
05-30-2016, 11:46 PM
No. I don't think he leaves, but it may be on a one year deal instead.

Why would he take a one year deal? The only reason LeBron took a short deal is so he can get paid again when the cap goes up.

Crackadalic
05-30-2016, 11:49 PM
Think he heads out east. Not sure what team but this back and fourth hero ball needs to change and its probably best to break them up. Okc should build around Westbrook

Aust
05-30-2016, 11:49 PM
No, he lost a 3-1 series lead to one of the greatest teams ever after beaten another historically great team. I definitely think he stays.

Jeffy25
05-30-2016, 11:50 PM
I figured he's gonna leave regardless.

But with the way the cap situation works, I could see a one year deal than a max deal next summer.

I actually think Boston is a great landing place for him.

They could sign him and Whiteside both at max deals

1. Thomas/Smart
2. Bradley/Young
3. Durant
4. Johnson/Jerebko
5. Whiteside/Olynk

Draft a 2 or a 4 that you can develop over the next two years with the 3rd pick. Heck, offer up the 3 with some of their 7 other picks and draft higher if LAL or PHI will take it and get Ingram or Simmons.

Instant contender....Just my thoughts. Durant fits on any roster.

numba1CHANGsta
05-30-2016, 11:51 PM
He's staying for 1 more year with Westbrook and try to win it all one last time before they both leave OKC

Dade County
05-30-2016, 11:52 PM
KD will be in a HEAT jersey soon. Pat already jumped in his boat put the harpoon up and he's going to whale hunting.

j-bay
05-30-2016, 11:52 PM
Why would he take a one year deal? The only reason LeBron took a short deal is so he can get paid again when the cap goes up.

1.OKC went 7 games against GS. Alot better than what people thought
2.2017 FA is weaker. Might be able to demand a better pay day in 17 vs 16.

ewing
05-30-2016, 11:53 PM
anytime you lose you should take your ball and leave , kids

Jeffy25
05-30-2016, 11:55 PM

Isn't that Durant's situation too?

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2016/02/max-contract-scenarios-for-kevin-durant.html

here’s what Durant could get if he signs a deal with the Thunder this summer that allows him to opt out next year and re-signs on a five-year max deal in 2017:

2016/17: $24,900,000
2017/18: $35,603,000
2018/19: $38,273,225
2019/20: $40,943,450
2020/21: $43,613,675
2021/22: $46,283,900
Total: $229,617,250

Crackadalic
05-30-2016, 11:57 PM
Isn't that Durant's situation too?

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2016/02/max-contract-scenarios-for-kevin-durant.html

I take back what I said. He not leaving lol. Damn that's a lot. Screw the chips. Get that money

Aust
05-30-2016, 11:58 PM
Draft a 2 or a 4 that you can develop over the next two years with the 3rd pick. Heck, offer up the 3 with some of their 7 other picks and draft higher if LAL or PHI will take it and get Ingram or Simmons.

It would probably take next year's Brooklyn pick as well as #3 to get Simmons/Ingram and that's probably too steep for Boston.

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-30-2016, 11:58 PM

A couple reasons. First of all, the cap is going up again in the 17/18 season so a Max salary will be the highest it has ever been. Secondly, your max salary depends on how many years service you have in the league. You can get more than 30% of the cap when you are a 10-year veteran. If Durant signed a max deal this summer, he will only be able to get 25% of the cap. Next year he will be at a full Max

Jeffy25
05-31-2016, 12:02 AM
It would probably take next year's Brooklyn pick as well as #3 to get Simmons/Ingram and that's probably too steep for Boston.

If you could grab Durant and Whiteside, then I think that's a price you should pay because the talent drop from Simmons/Ingram to a guy like Bender is pretty far IMO.

zn23
05-31-2016, 12:05 AM
It would foolish to leave because they have a great team right now. Stephen Adams is only getting better. Kanter is a beast. The need to add another 3 point shooter to stretch the defense but that's about. To me, they were the best team in the playoffs. You want to leave that to go play on crummy teams like Heat or Knicks, that wont come close to winning a title?

They were up 3-1 against the 73 win team and blew 2 big leads. He should stay.

Jeffy25
05-31-2016, 12:09 AM
It would foolish to leave because they have a great team right now. Stephen Adams is only getting better. Kanter is a beast. The need to add another 3 point shooter to stretch the defense but that's about. To me, they were the best team in the playoffs. You want to leave that to go play on crummy teams like Heat or Knicks, that wont come close to winning a title?

But they will continue to have to match up with SAS and GSW and that's a major hurdle to climb every year.

zn23
05-31-2016, 12:14 AM
But they will continue to have to match up with SAS and GSW and that's a major hurdle to climb every year.

They climbed it well this year. The Spurs are getting older and slower. Tim Duncan and Ginobili are finished and Parker has seen better days. The Warriors will be a hurdle, but they came very close to beating them this year and blew it. They have to like their chances next season. Especially with Billy Donovan, who has proven to be a very good HC.

42-15-7
05-31-2016, 12:14 AM

KD will take a 1-year max deal in order to position himself for either a max-max deal next year at the apex of the new cap, or to allow himself to leave next year if they don't get over the hump. That 1-year deal will also give him insane leverage with the OKC front office, to shore up weaknesses in the roster.

Jeffy25
05-31-2016, 12:16 AM
If you could grab Durant and Whiteside, then I think that's a price you should pay because the talent drop from Simmons/Ingram to a guy like Bender is pretty far IMO.

Which, you do what you can to get Simmons than to become the long term 4, prepared to be a full time player by the end of his rookie season with Amir Johnson becoming his backup.

1. Thomas/Smart
2. Bradley/Young
3. Durant
4. Simmons/Johnson/Jerebko
5. Whiteside/Olynk

shep33
05-31-2016, 12:30 AM
They need to trade Ibaka, he is so useless. Get shooters and stay for a year.

Sofnr
05-31-2016, 12:35 AM
As several posters have already said, he's pretty clearly going to sign a 1 year deal with the Thunder.

Dade County
05-31-2016, 12:37 AM

Watch your mouth.

Pat can transform a team like no one can. You'll see this summer if we can land KD.

And them being up 3-1 doesn't mean anything. KD knows the truth.

They need to trade Ibaka, he is so useless. Get shooters and stay for a year.

You mean they should have kept harden? LoL

shep33
05-31-2016, 12:41 AM
Watch your mouth.

Pat can transform a team like no one can. You'll see this summer if we can land KD.

Without a doubt, but damn, trade his *** for some shooters. He's not as important as Adams or Kanter. Heck, McGary can be your 3rd big. Waiters and Serge can go. Legit championship squad with some shooters.

numba1CHANGsta
05-31-2016, 12:41 AM
KD will be in a HEAT jersey soon. Pat already jumped in his boat put the harpoon up and he's going to whale hunting.

LMAO yeah cuz an old Wade is soo much better than a prime Westbrook haha you Heat fans make me laugh :laugh:

eDush
05-31-2016, 12:42 AM
So Durant will form the new Big 3 with Wade and Bosh? ...that would be fun to watch :nod:

LA_Raiders
05-31-2016, 12:45 AM
He will stay for the $, and westbrick will leave later.

shep33
05-31-2016, 12:45 AM
Why would KD go to Miami though? How is that any better than OKC? OKC is younger, more talented and already has a top 10 player to go along with him. Moreover, OKC has more assets to trade.

gauth25
05-31-2016, 12:46 AM
Tonight was a prime example of why Durant and Westbrook just can't get over the hump and win a title. Durant is their top gun but Westbrook always wants to be in the spotlight when the game is on the line. There were numerous times when Durant should've had the ball in his hands. Instead, you had Westbrook put his head down and charge full steam towards the bucket just to throw up a momentum killing brick.

I actually felt bad for Durant because I knew once they blew game 6 it was over. They have all of the pieces but those two will never be able to win a championship unless Westbrook realizes he isn't the go to guy in crunch time.

The Celtics seem to be a perfect fit for him. They're young, quick and on the rise under Stevens. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in Toronto for a few years.

Dade County
05-31-2016, 12:49 AM
LMAO yeah cuz an old Wade is soo much better than a prime Westbrook haha you Heat fans make me laugh :laugh:

I can't spoon feed posters. Have some vision. Pat can retool/reshape a roster like no one can.

And it's not about Westbrook, it's about going to a GM that can deliver. Pat will build a team that can win it all around KD.

OKC has failed already... KD will bring up Harden and walk out the front door.

IndyRealist
05-31-2016, 12:53 AM
I figured he's gonna leave regardless.

But with the way the cap situation works, I could see a one year deal than a max deal next summer.

I actually think Boston is a great landing place for him.

They could sign him and Whiteside both at max deals

1. Thomas/Smart
2. Bradley/Young
3. Durant
4. Johnson/Jerebko
5. Whiteside/Olynk

There's a huge drop off after Ingram and Simmons. Neither of those picks are gonna get traded for other picks.

nastynice
05-31-2016, 12:56 AM
thing is, okc is probably the best situation he can go to. That's a pretty talented squad and actually BUILT like a team, rather than randomly trying to mash up talent and hope players take turns carrying a team. I think he's gonna stay, but he'd prob want Russ to sign an extension this summer too

The coach is pretty damn good too, IMO. I think Donavan is hella underrated

zn23
05-31-2016, 12:57 AM
Watch your mouth.

The path to the finals is easier in the East. But that also means he has to face LeBron. Right now, the Heat aren't equipped to beat the Cavs even with Durant. They have a very thin bench and lack 3 point shooting. Plus Wade and Bosh are getting older.

I don't think he would leave Russell Westbrook for that.

nastynice
05-31-2016, 01:00 AM
The path to the finals is easier in the East. But that also means he has to face LeBron. Right now, the Heat aren't equipped to beat the Cavs even with Durant. They have a very thin bench and lack 3 point shooting. Plus Wade and Bosh are getting older.

Oh geez, I can't imagine him leaving the okc roster for the Miami roster. Okc roster is close to fully built, maybe just tweeks here n there. It really just seems the best situation for him

numba1CHANGsta
05-31-2016, 01:02 AM
I can't spoon feed posters. Have some vision. Pat can retool/reshape a roster like no one can.

And it's not about Westbrook, it's about going to a GM that can deliver. Pat will build a team that can win it all around KD.

OKC has failed already... KD will bring up Harden and walk out the front door.

You act as if he's the only GM who can do that LOL

Dade County
05-31-2016, 01:03 AM

I can't argue that...

I don't know what moves Pat will/can make if he gets a commitment from KD.

All I can say is that why would KD give another 5yrs of his career to OKC, when they have proven they are not about winning at all cost (not keeping Harden & Ibaka & going into the tax).

You act as if he's the only GM who can do that LOL

He does it the best.

I can't concern myself with other GM's. Only a hand full of teams have actually won titles in the past 15yrs.

I'm rolling with Pat.

Sorry

Dade County
05-31-2016, 01:08 AM
I believe two teams have a good chance at getting KD.

Lakers & HEAT.

Lakers:

Trying to convince both Lbj & KD to team up in L.A

HEAT:

Pat creating a situation that attracts KD to South Beach.

believeinNYK
05-31-2016, 01:08 AM
He'll sign a deal where he can opt out after next season so that he can
1. maximize his $ and sign a bigger long term deal next summer
2. Give it one more go at the title alongside WB and okc
3. RWB is a free agent next year so he will see what westbrook does or wants to do and
4. This OKC team is not far from being championship worthy they really just need a better starting SG roberson is so inept offensively but Adams and Kanter have flourished for them

Aust
05-31-2016, 01:12 AM

I don't disagree, I see the merits of both sides when it comes to making a trade like that. I'm just not sure Danny Ainge would pull the trigger. Also not sure Mitch would either, unless he really really liked Bender.

jason
05-31-2016, 01:13 AM
anytime you lose you should take your ball and leave , kids
No you should look for a better team or go to the team that just beat you duh...

king james
05-31-2016, 01:16 AM
The reason why it should appeal to him to go to Miami is because he would have to deal with SAS and GS for years to come. Oh and let's not act like SAS don't retool and keep themselves in the upper echelon of the WC. In the EC the only team you have to deal with is the Cavs.

Also you have to realize that had Whiteside not get hurt the Heat would have made it to the ECF. Without Bosh.

Lastly the Heat have guys on their team that have won titles b4 and can teach Durant what it would take to get over the top. You see what the Heat did for Lebron. Pat and Wade would do the same for Durant.

Unless he goes to GS or SAS, there is no other team out there that can give him the opportunity to play with a good group of vets that have championship experience. (Wade and Bosh) that can still win a title. A mixture of young talent that contributed big time this year (Whiteside, Winslow, Richardson and T. Johnson)

Possible starting lineup

Dragic
Wade
Durant
Bosh
Whiteside

Name a better starting 5 outside of SAS and GS that he could go to that would be better than this.

Dade County
05-31-2016, 01:26 AM
^^What he said LoL

Dragon
Wade
3&D
KD/Bosh
Whiteside/Bosh

I favor a small ball lineup.

GodsSon
05-31-2016, 01:28 AM
Smartest thing for him to do is join the Raptors. Seriously.

We stole two against the Cavs without him and this roster with KD is better than OKC.

JV/Carroll/KD/DeMar/Lowry...nice balance in that lineup.

Dade County
05-31-2016, 01:31 AM
Smartest thing for him to do is join the Raptors. Seriously.

We stole two against the Cavs without him and this roster with KD is better than OKC.

JV/Carroll/KD/DeMar/Lowry...nice balance in that lineup.

Entertainment reasons.

KD knows better then that.

But feel free to get excited during free agency.

nastynice
05-31-2016, 01:33 AM
Oh, actually Portland would be a nice destination too.

numba1CHANGsta
05-31-2016, 01:34 AM
The reason why it should appeal to him to go to Miami is because he would have to deal with SAS and GS for years to come. Oh and let's not act like SAS don't retool and keep themselves in the upper echelon of the WC. In the EC the only team you have to deal with is the Cavs.

Also you have to realize that had Whiteside not get hurt the Heat would have made it to the ECF. Without Bosh.

Lastly the Heat have guys on their team that have won titles b4 and can teach Durant what it would take to get over the top. You see what the Heat did for Lebron. Pat and Wade would do the same for Durant.

Unless he goes to GS or SAS, there is no other team out there that can give him the opportunity to play with a good group of vets that have championship experience. (Wade and Bosh) that can still win a title. A mixture of young talent that contributed big time this year (Whiteside, Winslow, Richardson and T. Johnson)

Possible starting lineup

Dragic
Wade
Durant
Bosh
Whiteside

Name a better starting 5 outside of SAS and GS that he could go to that would be better than this.

Dragic-sucks
Wade-old and brittle
KD-not happening
Bosh-will retire
Whiteside-leaving cuz MIA won't offer him the max

You Heat fans are delusional, your window of opportunity closed 2 years ago, deal with it.

blahblahyoutoo
05-31-2016, 01:35 AM
Dunno but they're the ugliest duo in the NBA so for that reason alone they should stay together.
Westbrook with his hot dog bun lips and Durant with his huge flaring nostrils.

uprightciti
05-31-2016, 01:37 AM
Why would he leave!? Westbrook/KD is the best duo ever and they just found out Adams is a top center in the league. Waiters and Kanter should get traded for someone awesome and they are right back in the wcf next year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GodsSon
05-31-2016, 01:38 AM
Entertainment reasons.

KD knows better then that.

But feel free to get excited during free agency.

Which other team in the East is primed to take the next step and start to consistently contend?

I'm trying to be objective here, but the KD/Raptors pairing would make a lot of sense for him (aside from staying put).

king james
05-31-2016, 01:41 AM
He may very well stay in Choklahoma and they will continue to be a good team. But in the end they will either be 2nd or third in the WC at best. The problem with Choklahoma is they don't have any championship leaders on that team that has a prominent role in the rotation that can help settle them down when things get crazy. Durant hasn't learned how to be a leader yet and that's the next step in his development.

lol, please
05-31-2016, 01:42 AM
To be fair, I expected him to become a warrior during this off-season during last year's off season and that expectation hasn't changed.

sent from my Note 5 on Tapatalk

IKnowHoops
05-31-2016, 01:44 AM

Possible starting lineup

Dragic
Wade
Durant
Bosh
Whiteside

Kyrie
JR
Durant
Lebron
Love

or

Kyrie
Lebron
Durant
Love
Tristan

or

Kyrie
JR
Durant
Lebron
Tristan

All are much much better

Scoots
05-31-2016, 01:46 AM
I wonder if going 7 games and still missing it and having the public blame him for the last 2 losses stings more than just getting worked and losing in 5.

I thought all year he'd stay in OKC, now I think it's 45/55 stay/go ... though I don't know where he'd go.

king james
05-31-2016, 01:50 AM
Really can't stand people who are blindsided just because they don't like a team. Those same guys were 1 game away from the ECF without their starting PF and starting C. Don't act like a hater talk legit facts and not he sucks, he's old arguments. I stated reasoning behind my statement won't you try and do the same. Smh

FOXHOUND
05-31-2016, 01:52 AM
He would be nuts to leave and will sign a 1+1 to stay. The team is excellent, they just need to run an NBA offense for 48 minutes and they'll dominate. When they were moving the ball tonight they were unstoppable. Donavan has to get WB to buy into a team offense, otherwise they may need to look into replacing him after this year.

Chris Paul is a FA next offseason too, just saying...

ChI_ShIzzLe
05-31-2016, 01:53 AM
Did you expect any homerless posts in here OP? Everyone is putting him on their favorite team[emoji23]

king james
05-31-2016, 01:54 AM
It might be worst going out the way they did than losing in 5.

IKnowHoops
05-31-2016, 01:55 AM
There are 4 possible destinations for KD.

OKC - They were basically dead even with GS so it really doesn't get much better.
GSW - 3 pt shooting team with great ball movement who just beat him. Add him and they are going to be tough.
Cavs - Playing with Lebron is a once in a lifetime chance for KD, if Kyrie and Love can be there too, they would be a lock to win the ring next season, and Cleveland has figured out how to take advantage of all there star power now.
Spurs-Pop, Leonard, Aldridge, but may have to take a pay cut.

FOXHOUND
05-31-2016, 01:56 AM
Really can't stand people who are blindsided just because they don't like a team. Those same guys were 1 game away from the ECF without their starting PF and starting C. Don't act like a hater talk legit facts and not he sucks, he's old arguments. I stated reasoning behind my statement won't you try and do the same. Smh

Miami doesn't have the capspace to sign Durant, Whiteside and Wade. They don't have Whiteside's Bird's rights and Wade's cap hold is over $20M. Resigning Whiteside and Wade will erase all of their cap. They would have to dump one of them to do it, or move Dragic plus an additional $10M or so. Even then, there's no way Durant doesn't sign somewhere that he can't max up in 2017-18 after a 1+1. There's no way he signs a 4/5-year deal at 30% of $92M over a 5-year deal at 35% of $109M.

FOXHOUND
05-31-2016, 01:59 AM

OKC - They were basically dead even with GS so it really doesn't get much better.
GSW - 3 pt shooting team with great ball movement who just beat him. Add him and they are going to be tough.
Cavs - Playing with Lebron is a once in a lifetime chance for KD, if Kyrie and Love can be there too, they would be a lock to win the ring next season, and Cleveland has figured out how to take advantage of all there star power now.

OKC - for sure
GS - possible but ugly and a ton of offensive overlap that could create problems
Cavs - won't have a single cent of cap space, let alone $28M of it
Spurs - won't have near enough cap space and forcing KD/Kawhi to be a full time PF and Aldridge to be a full time C isn't even a good fit.

king james
05-31-2016, 02:00 AM
I don't have any issues with everybody making a argument for their team. Just have a issue when people say they aren't going to ur team cuz he sucks, he's brittle and etc. Make a legit argument as to why not just these simple child like answers.

zn23
05-31-2016, 02:01 AM
Oh, actually Portland would be a nice destination too.

It's a downgrade from OKC though. He's leaving a better point guard for a lesser point guard. Portland doesn't have the inside presence that OKC has with Kanter, Adams and Ibaka.

OKC led the league in rebounding. That's all you can ask for if you're KD.

king james
05-31-2016, 02:21 AM
My issue wasn't with you it was with "numba1"

Back to ur comment. Yes it would be difficult to get all 3 to sign for max. But if Pat is able to get rid of McRoberts $5 mill. then that would put the Heat at around $54 mill. If Durant wants to maximize his earnings potential and sign a max next year, the question becomes would Pat be able to get him and Wade to do a 1 yr deal for $18mill then sign them to max for Durant and a final we appreciate u deal for Wade while signing Whiteside to a close to max contract that starts at $17-18 mill.

B4 people say that that's not enough. U must remember that unless u go to a state that doesn't have state income tax like Fla. that $18mill in Fla is actually the same as $21 mill somewhere else.

nastynice
05-31-2016, 02:35 AM
Possible starting lineup

Dragic
Wade
Durant
Bosh
Whiteside

I think okc and Portland would both def have better starting 5 than that. Grizzlies even would be a good one.

FOXHOUND
05-31-2016, 02:36 AM

Back to ur comment. Yes it would be difficult to get all 3 to sign for max. But if Pat is able to get rid of McRoberts $5 mill. then that would put the Heat at around $54 mill. If Durant wants to maximize his earnings potential and sign a max next year, the question becomes would Pat be able to get him and Wade to do a 1 yr deal for $18mill then sign them to max for Durant and a final we appreciate u deal for Wade while signing Whiteside to a close to max contract that starts at $17-18 mill.

B4 people say that that's not enough. U must remember that unless u go to a state that doesn't have state income tax like Fla. that $18mill in Fla is actually the same as $21 mill somewhere else.

Aye, that's a more fairly reasonable layout. I can't see Durant taking a paycut like that though, even if for only one year. $10M is a hefty chunk, especially when he can just stay on one of the 3 most talented teams in the NBA and get paid max both times.

OKC's roster is great and young. The oldest player in their 8-man rotation is Randy Foye who is 32. The next oldest is Durant and WB who are 27. They're only going to be getting better and this postseason was ultimately a success and great learning experience. Foye is a FA and they have rookie Cameron Payne who will be in year 2 and ready to step into a bigger role. Durant and Waiters are FA's and they have Bird's rights for both.

Westbrook (27)-Payne (21)
Roberson (24)-Waiters (24)
Durant(27)
Ibaka (26)
Adams (22)-Kanter(23)

The roster is great, they just need to run an NBA offense. When they move the ball they are unstoppable.

nastynice
05-31-2016, 02:42 AM
It's a downgrade from OKC though. He's leaving a better point guard for a lesser point guard. Portland doesn't have the inside presence that OKC has with Kanter, Adams and Ibaka.

I'm not entirely sure id say lillard is lesser. I do think Westbrook is better overall, but there are things lillard does better. I agree tho, I think okc is the best fit for him, I give it up to their FO, they really built a team there. But I do think Portland is a good fit too, and Memphis

BKLYNpigeon
05-31-2016, 03:00 AM
I don't think OKC choked. they played a very good team.

king james
05-31-2016, 03:04 AM
Hey I do hear what ur saying. I know it won't be easy for the Heat to get him. He will have to take a little cut. Not quite $10 mill I think. Maybe more of $3-4 mill. But the advantage that the Heat would have over every other WC team is that it's in the EC and Clev. is the only true threat you would have to get by. It does make for a huge advantage.

nastynice
05-31-2016, 03:05 AM
I don't think OKC choked. they played a very good team.

Yea. They routed us 2 games at home, and instead of being given credit for it they are getting bashed for it. Talk about lose lose, lol

king james
05-31-2016, 03:10 AM
Also with Lillard and McCollum on the floor it would be hard for all 3 to get a consistent amount of shots to be effective. Someone would suffer if all 3 were on the same team since all 3 are perimeter players. That's my only issue with Portland.

Jeffy25
05-31-2016, 03:14 AM

Possible starting lineup

Dragic
Wade
Durant
Bosh
Whiteside

You can insert Durant in a lot of lineups, and they are better than this current lineup, that's the issue.

If I was him, Miami wouldn't even be a top 5 choice.

Either way, his agent is likely going to have him sign a one year deal with OKC and then go from there.

Jeffy25
05-31-2016, 03:17 AM
Kyrie
JR
Durant
Lebron
Love

or

Kyrie
Lebron
Durant
Love
Tristan

or

Kyrie
JR
Durant
Lebron
Tristan

All are much much better

That last one would be unbeatable, GS couldn't beat them

king james
05-31-2016, 03:23 AM
Jeffry y wouldn't the Heat be in his top5? Don't mind that you don't agree with me but can u give a reason to your statement?

Jeffy25
05-31-2016, 03:24 AM
Jeffry y wouldn't the Heat be in his top5? Don't mind that you don't agree with me but can u give a reason to your statement?

Roster construction and cap space to actually pay him.

Plus, two of their three best players are past their primes and make a lot.

It's not an ideal destination for him.

king james
05-31-2016, 03:30 AM
There is no way that Cleve. Would be able to get him unless they traded half of their team so let's be realistic.

Also Foxhound I was wrong the max Durant can make next season is $24.9 mill. so with my calculations from b4 he would have to sacrifice about $7 mill instead of the $4 mill I said earlier.

nastynice
05-31-2016, 03:34 AM
Also with Lillard and McCollum on the floor it would be hard for all 3 to get a consistent amount of shots to be effective. Someone would suffer if all 3 were on the same team since all 3 are perimeter players. That's my only issue with Portland.

Shots specifically would have to go down for all 3, but them being perimeter players actually makes me think that's a huge advantage. If someone drives and dishes to any of the other 2 parked at 3 pt line, KD is great at either catch and shoot or put it on the floor and blow by the closing defender, McCollum is very good, and lillard is great and IMO elite next year.

I think it would give them all a lot of space to work with which would hugely benefit all. Shooters in crabbe and aminu. They could be something really dangerous. And Portland fo is legit, they've been building some solid western conference teams for damn near 2 decades now without ever having a luxury of those cant miss sure fire college studs that go #1 or 2. Also worked thru Roy and oden injuries, those type a blows could derail over half the teams in the league but they just kept figuring out ways to stay competitive

Damn, the more I think of it now, wow, that would be a crazy squad. I think plumlee is underrated too

Jeffy25
05-31-2016, 03:37 AM
There is no way that Cleve. Would be able to get him unless they traded half of their team so let's be realistic.

Also Foxhound I was wrong the max Durant can make next season is $24.9 mill. so with my calculations from b4 he would have to sacrifice about $7 mill instead of the $4 mill I said earlier.

And nobody likes Riley enough to do that.

You are trying to sell us on him going to Miami based on the trust that Riley will turn them into a contender and make future moves.

Durant is the top free agent, he isn't going to do that. He will get the max, and he'll get to pick his home.

naps
05-31-2016, 04:46 AM

Wait, he may have to take a pay cut to play for the Spurs but the highest payroll team in basketball Cavs can land him with gis max while keeping all LeBron, Love, and Kyrie? You sure youknowhoops?

Stunner
05-31-2016, 07:11 AM
Marc Stein
Marc Stein‏ @ESPNSteinLine

Wizards, Heat, Celtics, Rockets, Knicks, Lakers, Spurs and, yes, Warriors ... all expected to pursue Kevin Durant in free agency this summer

Marc Stein

And there will inevitably be more Durant suitors who emerge come July 1. But ...

Marc Stein

Most insiders see the most likely scenario at present to be Kevin Durant staying in OKC on a two-year max deal with an opt-out after Year 1.
At Present
May 31, 2016, 2:43:46 AM

KnicksorBust
05-31-2016, 07:27 AM
I will keep saying he seems like one team lifer in the same vein of a Kobe/Duncan until he shocks me and actually leaves.

IndyRealist
05-31-2016, 08:41 AM
2yr max with 1yr opt out, with OKC. It's the only thing that makes sense and I doubt his agent lets his do anything else.

Dade County
05-31-2016, 09:08 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwBS6QGsH_4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYTG-2mTJD8

See you guys July 1st.

Bless

CKinKC
05-31-2016, 09:15 AM
Considering that Westbrook is gone in 1 year, I see no reason why Durant signs long-term. One year one more shot and then he's gone imo.

beasted86
05-31-2016, 09:17 AM
I think he's staying and a lot of teams' fans will be disappointed this summer.

Dade County
05-31-2016, 09:23 AM
Dragic-sucks
Wade-old and brittle
KD-not happening
Bosh-will retire
Whiteside-leaving cuz MIA won't offer him the max

You Heat fans are delusional, your window of opportunity closed 2 years ago, deal with it.

See you july 1st.

Which other team in the East is primed to take the next step and start to consistently contend?

I'm trying to be objective here, but the KD/Raptors pairing would make a lot of sense for him (aside from staying put).

Miami HEAT...

Any above avg team KD goes to he could make them a contender, but KD knows the game by now; he can see who are the true contenders and not the scripted, media hyped contenders.

He could join the Wiz, Hawks, Knciks...etc

But that doesn't mean he will have a real shot at winning a title. Sure the series will go 7, but thats scripted, so what.

hugepatsfan
05-31-2016, 09:25 AM
He'll re-sign for the max with an opt out after next year to 1) get more money 2) have options if Westbrook goes to LA.

Dade County
05-31-2016, 09:26 AM
I think he's staying and a lot of teams' fans will be disappointed this summer.

I would 100% agree if they had a player like Harden on their team... Oh wait.

But yeah, it's a very good chance he stays, but I think Pat is going to convince him.

Giannis94
05-31-2016, 09:35 AM
Bucks.

Big Zo
05-31-2016, 09:53 AM
I keep hearing Boston, but why would he wanna go play with young inexperienced players? If he leaves he'll go to a contender.

j-bay
05-31-2016, 10:16 AM
Like i said before going to Miami is a huge risk. There is pretty much a 90 percent chance that one if not both of Bosh and Wade will be injured. And i hear some Heat fans saying Whiteside maybe let go. If thats the case, then KD shouldn't go there.

North Yorker
05-31-2016, 10:17 AM
I keep hearing Boston, but why would he wanna go play with young inexperienced players? If he leaves he'll go to a contender.

Because they have the trade assets and cap space to add some good veteran players to the roster along with KD, along with a top 3 coach in the league.

Ty Fast
05-31-2016, 10:28 AM
Spurs would be the beat place for him too go.

IndyRealist
05-31-2016, 10:50 AM

Do you really think state income tax is 15%?

da ThRONe
05-31-2016, 11:10 AM
Well considering he was the one who started jacking up terrible shots game 6 and cost the Thunder that game he should blame himself not the team. When he and Westbrook trusted their teammates they took the 3-1 lead. When he decided to "take over" they lost 2 straight.

king james
05-31-2016, 11:13 AM
No I don't and the number I said isn't 15% either. It would be 12%.

Hawkeye15
05-31-2016, 11:17 AM
I rarely look at this site on weekends anymore, has there been much discussion on Durant choking in the clutch, or is he getting another pass? I keep reading how amazing his playoffs have been, and I don't think people are looking at the numbers

ewing
05-31-2016, 11:18 AM
What he should do is

A) drink for about 48 hours straight
B) spend about a week recovering
C) blame himself, work his *** off, and come back better next season.

in this day and age though, who knows

Tony_Starks
05-31-2016, 11:26 AM
1 year dear with a player option, then roll with Russ the next year to LA.

Tony_Starks
05-31-2016, 11:27 AM
I rarely look at this site on weekends anymore, has there been much discussion on Durant choking in the clutch, or is he getting another pass? I keep reading how amazing his playoffs have been, and I don't think people are looking at the numbers

Well the thread is titled...

Jeffy25
05-31-2016, 11:29 AM

It's 5% in Oklahoma
In Massachusetts it's 5%
It's 5% in pretty much most states.

And Florida isn't the only non state income tax state.

On $20,000,000. That's about $500,000

I doubt that's enough of a selling point for Durant. Especially if you expect to pay him less.

The most lucrative deal he can sign is in Oklahoma.

Hawkeye15
05-31-2016, 11:34 AM
Well the thread is titled...

Reading it, more of a team deal it appears. Which it is, but if this is LeBron, it would be all on him. Durant gets a pass that no superstar gets for some reason. I would by hypocritical if I said I agreed crapping on him personally is the right thing to do, I am simply pointing out, why is he not getting beaten up and down, like LeBron, or even Kobe would have?

Stunner
05-31-2016, 11:36 AM
Lol

https://twitter.com/OnlyInBOS/status/737629924836544514

Slug3
05-31-2016, 11:37 AM
I would 100% agree if they had a player like Harden on their team... Oh wait.

But yeah, it's a very good chance he stays, but I think Pat is going to convince him.

Convince him of what? Miami doesn't really have the free money unless we are ok with playing around with not giving Whiteside any money so he leaves and Miami gets nothing. Only chance he might have of coming here is with a 1+1 with OKC then leaving next year and Bosh actually can't play anymore so we have his open money to sign KD next year.

But with that scenario it would mean Bosh retiring and I don't know if I would want that yet. So I at least hope he gets and can stay healthy.

Wade n Fade
05-31-2016, 11:48 AM
I think it's too risky to take chances with Durant's past foot injury. Better take a max from another team now and risk losing the extra TV money than take an opt out and bet against the future and come up short long term health wise. Durant shouldn't need the extra $ since he can't possibly blow that much, right? It's not like he is Johnny Manziel. Flexibility now is so crucial. Go to Washington, San Antonio, Miami, or Toronto. RC Bufford, Pat Riley, and MU are the best in the business. Kawhi, Durant, and Aldridge could be the best trio in the league for years to come. Or there is Dragic, Whiteside, Wade, Bosh, Winslow, Richardson in Miami. Toronto offers Lowry, Derozan, Biyombo, etc.

Tony_Starks
05-31-2016, 11:50 AM
Reading it, more of a team deal it appears. Which it is, but if this is LeBron, it would be all on him. Durant gets a pass that no superstar gets for some reason. I would by hypocritical if I said I agreed crapping on him personally is the right thing to do, I am simply pointing out, why is he not getting beaten up and down, like LeBron, or even Kobe would have?

You must not ESPN. He's been getting killed since game 6.

IndyRealist
05-31-2016, 12:01 PM

21-18=3
3÷21=.1428=14%

greg_ory_2005
05-31-2016, 12:09 PM
I don't think he leaves this year. Most likely 1 year deal with PO

Scoots
05-31-2016, 12:10 PM
OKC traded away Harden and Jackson ... they clearly don't want a 3rd big ego on the team ... but when do the 2 big egos there already realize it's not working well enough and move on. It's either this year or next.

IndyRealist
05-31-2016, 12:16 PM
I think it's too risky to take chances with Durant's past foot injury. Better take a max from another team now and risk losing the extra TV money than take an opt out and bet against the future and come up short long term health wise. Durant shouldn't need the extra $ since he can't possibly blow that much, right? It's not like he is Johnny Manziel. Flexibility now is so crucial. Go to Washington, San Antonio, Miami, or Toronto. RC Bufford, Pat Riley, and MU are the best in the business. Kawhi, Durant, and Aldridge could be the best trio in the league for years to come. Or there is Dragic, Whiteside, Wade, Bosh, Winslow, Richardson in Miami. Toronto offers Lowry, Derozan, Biyombo, etc.

Durant could miss all of next season with 3 foot injuries in the same spot, and someone will still give him a max next summer. There is no reason for him to sign a long deal now.

Wade n Fade
05-31-2016, 12:20 PM
I think he bolts this off season and hope he does. The way the Thunder looked in the 2nd half last night? All they were doing were bickering amongst themselves. OKC stupidly didn't have a backup vet PG who can stabilize the offense by allowing Westbrook to sit on the bench longer or move to the 2. The amount of shot chucking never ceased to amaze me. OKC better prepare for a rebuild because losing WB and Durant is a reality that will happen. Moving Westbrook to another team has to be the best option because teams like Boston, Philly, Phoenix, LA have assets to get back.

naps
05-31-2016, 12:23 PM
He wont be signing the max deal with OKC this offseason, that's for sure. If he waits till next year he will be a 10 year vet and eligible to get 35% of projected $108 million cap. So it's a no brainer that he aint inking that long term max this offseason. It's a 1+1 regardless of wherever he goes. My bet he stays for another year. Sam Presti tries to get another wing who can actually shoot, instead of pretending Waiters is a shooter. If I am Presti, I try to trade Ibaka or Kanter and see what that nets me in terms of other essential needs. Rise of Steven Adams makes one of Ibaka/Kanter expendable.

IndyRealist
05-31-2016, 12:31 PM
NVMD. Misread.

naps
05-31-2016, 12:32 PM

He ain't LeBron. But then again no one is nba history was LeBron. You replace Durant with LeBron choking a 3-1 lead at age 27, he is killed and this thread would be at 78th page now.

Stunner
05-31-2016, 12:36 PM
Ibaka for Wes Matthew's

Tony_Starks
05-31-2016, 12:44 PM
He ain't LeBron. But then again no one is nba history was LeBron. You replace Durant with LeBron choking a 3-1 lead at age 27, he is killed and this thread would be at 78th page now.

I don't see why you guys insist on bringing up a player that has nothing to do with KD choking but since we're here I didn't see KD saying all his critics will "have to go back to their lives" after he lost last night. I also didn't see him predicting 6,7 rings before he choked.

Some stuff is hate, but some criticism is self inflicted.

TheNumber37
05-31-2016, 01:01 PM
Business and Basketball wise he should do a kobe deal. 2 year 54 mil, with opt out. Allow OKC to tweak and retool, then enter free agency WITH Russel

xxplayerxx23
05-31-2016, 01:41 PM
Wouldn't a 1 and 1 be near the same money every where else ?

IndyRealist
05-31-2016, 01:43 PM
Wouldn't a 1 and 1 be near the same money every where else ?

He wouldn't keep his Bird rights. So less raises on the next contract, and he's limited to teams who can fit him under the cap.

xxplayerxx23
05-31-2016, 01:56 PM
He wouldn't keep his Bird rights. So less raises on the next contract, and he's limited to teams who can fit him under the cap.

Realistically couldn't he do a sign and trade on a 1 and 1 and it would be the same exact thing? I don't know I think durant could go east, ESP if a team like Boston added a huge piece via trade or Washington he sees wall beal and Gortat

IndyRealist
05-31-2016, 02:10 PM
Realistically couldn't he do a sign and trade on a 1 and 1 and it would be the same exact thing? I don't know I think durant could go east, ESP if a team like Boston added a huge piece via trade or Washington he sees wall beal and Gortat

"Sign-and-trade contracts must be for at least three seasons (not including any option year) and no longer than four seasons"

SfgiantsJD3
05-31-2016, 02:15 PM
Income tax is based on where the games are played so pacific division is the most expensive with 41 + 4 +4 at CA income tax rate, imagine next highest would be Atlantic with New York, New Jersey Boston.

LivinLakers
05-31-2016, 02:19 PM
You do realize that there is this thing called a salary cap and even though it is going up, a lot of things would need to happen for any of those teams you mentioned, except Washington, for them to offer a max contract, right? The least likely of your list would be San Antonio, Toronto, Miami, and then Washjngton. But truth be told it doesn't matter, as he will sign a 3 year deal with an option after year 1 and then either bolt or stay. I think at the end of it all, he is a lifer with OKC. But we will see.

Slug3
05-31-2016, 02:32 PM
You do realize that there is this thing called a salary cap and even though it is going up, a lot of things would need to happen for any of those teams you mentioned, except Washington, for them to offer a max contract, right? The least likely of your list would be San Antonio, Toronto, Miami, and then Washjngton. But truth be told it doesn't matter, as he will sign a 3 year deal with an option after year 1 and then either bolt or stay. I think at the end of it all, he is a lifer with OKC. But we will see.

I think only way Miami has a chance at him is next year and if Bosh can no longer play and has to retire.

xxplayerxx23
05-31-2016, 02:39 PM
"Sign-and-trade contracts must be for at least three seasons (not including any option year) and no longer than four seasons"

Ah. Gotcha

RowBTrice
05-31-2016, 02:58 PM
Miami and Toronto have a 0% chance that Durant comes there.

PAOboston
05-31-2016, 03:04 PM
Kevin Durant’s representatives have let Celtics know which players he wants prospective teams to acquire

http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2016/05/31/butch-stearns-on-dc-kevin-durants-representatives-have-let-celtics-know-which-players-he-wants-prospective-teams-to-acquire/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

rhymeratic
05-31-2016, 03:10 PM
This is what should happen. OKC can't win as constructed. Melo is a mature guy that should play robin to KD as batman.

Westbrook is the PG the Knicks desperately need. He would pair nicely with Porzingis.

Move Ibaka for a more well rounded SG such as Crabbe from Portland and all teams will be happy.

LA4life24/8
05-31-2016, 03:22 PM
Extremely high chance Durant pulls the lebron type business savvy move and sign the two year max with opt out after 1 with the thunder.
Gives him and westy one more chance together next year; if they don't win I think they both split in separate directions.

mngopher35
05-31-2016, 03:31 PM
I don't see how he doesn't give them another chance, at least one more year before signing max. If he makes shots he normally would they are in the finals right now. I think they are one capable wing (3 and d) from a title with the way their front court was playing (and if Durant plays like he's capable).

xxplayerxx23
05-31-2016, 03:43 PM
Spurs grab al Horford OKC is not getting by them

lol, please
05-31-2016, 04:08 PM
Not sure if people are just ignoring the fact that Durant coming to the Warriors is a huge possibility because they don't want to see it, or they genuinely think there is a better fit for him elsewhere, but we have the pieces to move to get him, and he wants to win - this is his best chance.

I think if he doesn't come to the Warriors, the Heat, Rockets, and Raptors are his best win-now bets, but I don't see how any of those teams can offer a better situation than the Warriors.

mngopher35
05-31-2016, 04:21 PM
I don't see why you guys insist on bringing up a player that has nothing to do with KD choking but since we're here I didn't see KD saying all his critics will "have to go back to their lives" after he lost last night. I also didn't see him predicting 6,7 rings before he choked.

Some stuff is hate, but some criticism is self inflicted.

He told us a few years ago he was done with being 2nd. Granted he hasn't gotten 2nd yet again but I feel like he was hinting at becoming the best so clearly hyped himself up and didn't perform in a similar way (why wouldn't you want your players thinking like this though, that's what I never understood). He has been immune to similar type of criticism other greats have gotten, Lebron was hated well before the instances you mention.

However I don't think that because certain past players were overly hated that we need to do the same to everyone. Just ignore the obvious haters if they bother you that much, it's usually pretty easy to tell. If they start going in depth about things they hate about the individual and his attitude/mentality/off court stuff, specific moments here or there instead of the whole picture, using team results despite the individuals performance etc etc.

In this case however Durant played very bad for his standards this year kinda like 11 for James (well James played better in more series but that last one was big drop off). Durant was 2/11 in the final 6 minutes when the game was within 5 this series. For the entire series in the 4th he was 13/45 (.344 EFG%), 4/17 when it was within 5 (.265 EFG%). For the series his ORTG was below the team average. For the playoffs he had a worse PER, WS/48, BPM than literally any post season for Lebron in his career. We don't need to hate on him to nearly the same extent others have unfairly gotten, but it was clearly a bad series and overall post season for him.

LA4life24/8
05-31-2016, 04:44 PM
He would be a perfect replacement for Timmy if he retires

kobe4thewinbang
05-31-2016, 05:00 PM
I just don't see how Durant lives this down. Plus it's likely that he or Westbrook will eventually get injured again, probably next year based on history. So, it's likely gonna get ugly and this was their chance. Unless they seriously bring in some shooters and establish a ball-moving gameplan, this is as high as this team is going. I question Donovan's substitutions last night too.

Hawkeye15
05-31-2016, 05:01 PM
You must not ESPN. He's been getting killed since game 6.

pointing out his play in the clutch isn't "killing" him. I mean by the fans btw. Durant gets an absolute pass when it comes to superstars.

Hawkeye15
05-31-2016, 05:03 PM
He told us a few years ago he was done with being 2nd. Granted he hasn't gotten 2nd yet again but I feel like he was hinting at becoming the best so clearly hyped himself up and didn't perform in a similar way (why wouldn't you want your players thinking like this though, that's what I never understood). He has been immune to similar type of criticism other greats have gotten, Lebron was hated well before the instances you mention.

However I don't think that because certain past players were overly hated that we need to do the same to everyone. Just ignore the obvious haters if they bother you that much, it's usually pretty easy to tell. If they start going in depth about things they hate about the individual and his attitude/mentality/off court stuff, specific moments here or there instead of the whole picture, using team results despite the individuals performance etc etc.

In this case however Durant played very bad for his standards this year kinda like 11 for James (well James played better in more series but that last one was big drop off). Durant was 2/11 in the final 6 minutes when the game was within 5 this series. For the entire series in the 4th he was 13/45 (.344 EFG%), 4/17 when it was within 5 (.265 EFG%). For the series his ORTG was below the team average. For the playoffs he had a worse PER, WS/48, BPM than literally any post season for Lebron in his career. We don't need to hate on him to nearly the same extent others have unfairly gotten, but it was clearly a bad series and overall post season for him.

exactly what I am getting at. Furthermore, you had plenty of people telling themselves how great he was playing. No, he wan't. He was terrible down the stretch of games, and settled far too much for long jumpers

numba1CHANGsta
05-31-2016, 05:06 PM
OKC is gonna make a blockbuster trade for Cousins

mngopher35
05-31-2016, 05:19 PM
exactly what I am getting at. Furthermore, you had plenty of people telling themselves how great he was playing. No, he wan't. He was terrible down the stretch of games, and settled far too much for long jumpers

Ya it could be partially the normal treatment for him but also the way he played vs. SA was good so that might stick in peoples minds. I honestly think teams focus more on stopping Westbrook than Durant though too which should be taken into account when comparing these two and their production. Westbrook is the playmaker/creator for that team and it actually opens Durant up at times, more so than the reverse at the very least.

Overall I agree with you, he definitely was disappointing this post season. Below the level we should expect from him at this point.

Stunner
05-31-2016, 05:38 PM

Blazers getting KD and Horford

LA4life24/8
05-31-2016, 06:13 PM
OKC is gonna make a blockbuster trade for Cousins

Adams+ibaka+1st?

eDush
05-31-2016, 06:19 PM
He'll re-sign for the max with an opt out after next year to 1) get more money 2) have options if Westbrook goes to LA.No one can sign the max with a one year opt out....it says so on the CBA otherwise Lebron would do that but he don't...take a wild guess why :nod:

eDush
05-31-2016, 06:24 PM

"Sign-and-trade contracts must be for at least three seasons (not including any option year) and no longer than four seasons"Exactly but people don't read the CBA :pity:

FlashBolt
05-31-2016, 06:38 PM
We don't need a center.. we need to trade RWB. Sorry to say it but it's time we get a legitimate PG out there who looks to facilitate and distribute to ball to all teammates. I don't think RWB makes his teammates better. Yes, he can pass and he has moments where you think he's the best player but we can't depend on someone who just plays the way he does.

KD is the keeper of this team. IDC what anyone says, he is more valuable than RWB.
I would entertain a trade with Ibaka+RWB for CP3 and Blake. We'll be a more well-rounded team. CP3 IMO might not be the best PG but is by far the best leader and distributor at that position. He's also the best PG defender in the league -- something RWB gets way too much credit for. He gambles on steals just like AI and causes our defense to collapse.

We need to figure out what to do with our bench as well. I would love Reddick on our team. Clippers have all the pieces we need but I'm afraid none of this will happen. KD will resign and they will stick to hero ball.

Dade County
05-31-2016, 07:10 PM
We don't need a center.. we need to trade RWB. Sorry to say it but it's time we get a legitimate PG out there who looks to facilitate and distribute to ball to all teammates.

Dear goodness... They trade Harden now you want them to trade Westbrook.

Who says KD likes that, or re-signs?

Only OKC front office and fans can think this way. You would have had to trade Westbrook this past season, so KD can see how things shaped out, but now its too late.

I don't think RWB makes his teammates better. Yes, he can pass and he has moments where you think he's the best player but we can't depend on someone who just plays the way he does.

I would love him in Miami.

Dragic, McRob, J Rich or Winslow (only 1 of them) & whoever else for West (now you have your pg that facilitates). Crazy talk.

And watch KD sign here July 1st.

KD is the keeper of this team. IDC what anyone says, he is more valuable than RWB.
I would entertain a trade with Ibaka+RWB for CP3 and Blake. We'll be a more well-rounded team. CP3 IMO might not be the best PG but is by far the best leader and distributor at that position. He's also the best PG defender in the league -- something RWB gets way too much credit for. He gambles on steals just like AI and causes our defense to collapse.

We need to figure out what to do with our bench as well. I would love Reddick on our team. Clippers have all the pieces we need but I'm afraid none of this will happen. KD will resign and they will stick to hero ball.

We will see.

Don't get me wrong, I think KD should stay with OKC & they should try to get Harden back LMAO... but I believe KD will leave, either this off season or next, because GS isn't going anywhere, and the Spurs will just get better.

FlashBolt
05-31-2016, 07:40 PM
How are you comparing trading Harden -- who didn't make sense for us to keep at that particular moment, to trading a hybrid guard for a pure PG who is an elite player? I saw enough to see that Westbrook made way too many mistakes and something has to change for our team. I've long advocated that Westbrook just isn't the right fit for our team. We can win but it's not ideal for us. We have a decent bench and role players.. but I don't think Westbrook does a great job of maximizing their potential.

nastynice
05-31-2016, 08:10 PM
What do I guys think of Memphis? Big boys inside (gasol, Randolph, bird man), solid pg (if he comes back), solid wing defenders in allen, Stephenson, Barnes. I think that a solid foundation to build around, even if Conley leaves they don't need a stud at pg, just someone who can run an offense and take some ball handling pressure of the others.

Miami is being brought up a lot, I don't know why. They seem a terrible place for KD. They got dragic, he's solid. Then white side, not versatile but great presence in the paint. But dragic and white side for a foundation?? I don't see what's attractive about that from KD perspective. Wade and bosh might be able to give another or 2, but such huge question marks. It seems like legit one of the worst situations in the league for him to go to, at least other squads either have money to make other splashes, or youth that could potentially develop.

I still think Portland and okc are the best situations for him. Maybe gs too, lol, that would be awesome!!

Dade County
05-31-2016, 08:50 PM
How are you comparing trading Harden -- who didn't make sense for us to keep at that particular moment,

I can't read pass this until you explain yourself. If OKC GM says this crap to KD, if and when KD calls him out about trading Harden; KD is out the door so fast, ESPN will be late to to report it.

I mean seriously! For real? You really feel that way?!? :laugh2:

to trading a hybrid guard for a pure PG who is an elite player? I saw enough to see that Westbrook made way too many mistakes and something has to change for our team. I've long advocated that Westbrook just isn't the right fit for our team. We can win but it's not ideal for us. We have a decent bench and role players.. but I don't think Westbrook does a great job of maximizing their potential.

What has to change is Sam getting into a time machine and signing Harden! Yes Cp3 is very good, buy you don't trade old for young.

OKC had the talent, they made the wrong decisions. But that doesn't mean their current team isn't still good; they are VERY good. But that really doesn't matter.

Organizations like the Lakers or HEAT would have NEVER traded away Harden. They would be winning rings right now, do you understand that?

Now you want to trade a top 7 player, in Westbrook for an older player in Cp3. Thats not going to happen, OKC would never do it. They already F'ed up and they know it.

Dade County
05-31-2016, 08:53 PM
@FlashBolt

Can you just put this on the front office if KD leaves? Not saying he is,but if he did I wouldn't blame him at all.

FlashBolt
05-31-2016, 09:18 PM
I can't read pass this until you explain yourself. If OKC GM says this crap to KD, if and when KD calls him out about trading Harden; KD is out the door so fast, ESPN will be late to to report it.

I mean seriously! For real? You really feel that way?!? :laugh2:

What has to change is Sam getting into a time machine and signing Harden! Yes Cp3 is very good, buy you don't trade old for young.

OKC had the talent, they made the wrong decisions. But that doesn't mean their current team isn't still good; they are VERY good. But that really doesn't matter.

Organizations like the Lakers or HEAT would have NEVER traded away Harden. They would be winning rings right now, do you understand that?

Now you want to trade a top 7 player, in Westbrook for an older player in Cp3. Thats not going to happen, OKC would never do it. They already F'ed up and they know it.

No, I do understand that.. I understand that Harden was forced to be a sixth man who wanted max dollars. His potential would not be the Houston Rockets Harden you are seeing. There's something called USG%. KD, Westbrook, and Harden are top ten in USG%. There is no way these guys are going to maximize output. It's also called the laffers curve in an economic theory. If you have two construction workers but only one hammer, you are not maximizing your output. So the ideal thing would be for both parties to split up and find another pairing that fit their terms. And you talk about Miami Heat not trading Harden... dude, they frickin traded or amnestied Mike Miller to save money. And that was after the Heat players took PAYCUTS to make it work. So your assumption that they just want to win doesn't match their actions. Just now they are trying to haggle Whiteside into a lower salary.. and they are probably going to do the same with Wade when the time comes.

The fact is, it didn't make sense for us to keep Harden. Would I have loved to keep him? Yes, but you don't get two top five players and ask for more. We signed Ibaka and we live with the decision. I don't think you're estimating just how much of an impact USG% has to do with this. Harden's numbers across the board would drop.. so would RWB and KD. Harden's USG% went a full 10% after he went to the Rockets. That means KD and Westbrook all have to sacrifice... this despite the countless talk of RWB being a ballhog over the years.

Lil Rhody
05-31-2016, 09:23 PM
Please come to Boston in the spring time

IKnowHoops
05-31-2016, 09:32 PM
We don't need a center.. we need to trade RWB. Sorry to say it but it's time we get a legitimate PG out there who looks to facilitate and distribute to ball to all teammates. I don't think RWB makes his teammates better. Yes, he can pass and he has moments where you think he's the best player but we can't depend on someone who just plays the way he does.

That would be a huge win for OKC

FlashBolt
05-31-2016, 09:37 PM
That would be a huge win for OKC

It's what we need. I'm tired of it. This experiment between KD+Westbrook is not working and it won't work against these Warriors. We need someone who is capable of getting a collective group effort involved just like what Warriors can do. Putting that much pressure on KD+Westbrook for those three games really backfired on us. In a way, it works against inferior teams but it's not a great bet for a series against elite teams.

I've always wanted CP3.. I actually advocated for a RWB for Rondo and other trade pieces a few years back. CP3 would make our team better at almost every facet. He's tough, rebounds, can pass, best PG defender in decades, and has leadership. I don't think KD is a leader and nor is RWB. They are just two players who love basketball. I'd take Griffin as well because I think RWB's trade value is higher than CP3 right now and we might be able to sneak Ibaka+RWB for Griffin+CP3. It's also a win for the Clippers, too. It's time they restart their program.

Scoots
05-31-2016, 09:44 PM
If we assume OKC keeps their free agents ... what can they do to fix their recent issues?

Scoots
05-31-2016, 09:48 PM
Can we get this merged with the what's next for kd thread?

s3antana5757
05-31-2016, 10:07 PM
I think GS would be a very intriguing option. He would probably have to take a slight cut to like 20M, but if they could move Bogut out and Barnes in a S&T or just not match his RFA tender, they'd probably be able to get it done. He'd be a great fit with that team and the ball movement. He'd also be like another Draymond Green for them. I think he has to seriously consider it. Even if he takes the 1 + 1 deal from OKC, that probably lines up even better for GS because of when the contracts expire.

Dade County
05-31-2016, 11:20 PM
No, I do understand that.. I understand that Harden was forced to be a sixth man who wanted max dollars. His potential would not be the Houston Rockets Harden you are seeing. There's something called USG%. KD, Westbrook, and Harden are top ten in USG%. There is no way these guys are going to maximize output. It's also called the laffers curve in an economic theory. If you have two construction workers but only one hammer, you are not maximizing your output.

I also understand, but in the big picture of things, none of that matters.

This wouldn't have stop them from winning a series then a championship as they developed and gotten older (after they lost to the HEAT).

Ok, most games they would not have been able to maximize their individual talent... But once again so what.

Because at the end of the day, their talent would have overwhelmed teams during playoff time. Do you understand that if Pat had these players, all 3 would retire as HEAT lifers?

So the ideal thing would be for both parties to split up and find another pairing that fit their terms. And you talk about Miami Heat not trading Harden... dude, they frickin traded or amnestied Mike Miller to save money.

So what! Lmao.

Why are you comparing a player that wasn't living up to his contract and most of the time he was injured.

Thats crazy to even bring that up. OKC front office was wrong just admit it.

And that was after the Heat players took PAYCUTS to make it work. So your assumption that they just want to win doesn't match their actions. Just now they are trying to haggle Whiteside into a lower salary.. and they are probably going to do the same with Wade when the time comes.

How do you know what Apt is planning? He isn't trying to pull one over on Whiteside, Pat wants to have flexibility so he can target Super Star players

Whiteside is going to get his, and Wade will get his over a period of time. Meaning if Wade wants 50mil, he will get it but over 5yrs.

The fact is, it didn't make sense for us to keep Harden. Would I have loved to keep him? Yes, but you don't get two top five players and ask for more.

But OKC wasn't asking for more, they gave away a star offensive player for crap... They had it all. All they had to do was let them grow together.

Can you answer this please, would the Lakers or HEAT have traded Harden because of the Cap?

But it's cool, I thought you didn't want Harden or something; but it's just that you don't care that they traded him, so thats fine.

We signed Ibaka and we live with the decision. I don't think you're estimating just how much of an impact USG% has to do with this. Harden's numbers across the board would drop.. so would RWB and KD. Harden's USG% went a full 10% after he went to the Rockets. That means KD and Westbrook all have to sacrifice... this despite the countless talk of RWB being a ballhog over the years.

I feel you.

But you still can't trade him, they just would have had to make it work. And I do believe they would have won 2 rings by now; but of course thats easy for me to say.

Bless

Dade County
05-31-2016, 11:25 PM
If we assume OKC keeps their free agents ... what can they do to fix their recent issues?

Trade and sign 3&D guys.

Batum is going to be a key free agent this offseason.

Him & Whiteside are going to be targeted heavily.

hugepatsfan
05-31-2016, 11:50 PM

Well they're at $69M of salary right now. Then they have like a $30M cap hold for Durant that brings them over the cap. So unless Durant takes a huge paycut then they have no money to spend other than the MLE. And the problem is that with so many teams having cap space the MLE caliber players will be overpaid and not available to OKC unless they take huge paycuts themselves.

Really, I don't see a lot of flexibility at all. They don't have a deep team at all. They played 8 guys in the last game. One of them played 9 minutes (Kanter) and another (Foye) played under 1 minute. So they basically used 6 men the whole game. They don't have any premium picks.

And honestly, it won't get any better next year because re-signing RW will take all their cap space. They need to really work some magic to improve the team, if they can even get Durant to stay. Kanter is a nice offensive piece but he's paid so much I doubt they get much. Adams would have value, but he's a key pice and losing him probably hurts more than what you get for him. Same for Roberson. Those guys are great role players but in trades have limited value. Ibaka is movable but he's not great and he's an expiring that will get overpaid next year with the cap so high - he has limited trade value I'd say.

Waiters isn't very good but re-signing him (they have Bird rights) might be all they can do because with the MLE having less value than normal they probably don't have a lot of options. A S&T would be ideal but again, what are you going to get in a deal for him? Not much, I'd say.

They don't have any picks this year either. Wow, I never looked into it and realized how bad shape they are in. They're great but they're just not good enough and they have no flexibility to get better. Their role players just aren't good enough and they aren't deep enough.

Honestly looking at all this I think he might bolt.

nycericanguy
06-01-2016, 09:15 AM
Well they're at $69M of salary right now. Then they have like a $30M cap hold for Durant that brings them over the cap. So unless Durant takes a huge paycut then they have no money to spend other than the MLE. And the problem is that with so many teams having cap space the MLE caliber players will be overpaid and not available to OKC unless they take huge paycuts themselves.

Really, I don't see a lot of flexibility at all. They don't have a deep team at all. They played 8 guys in the last game. One of them played 9 minutes (Kanter) and another (Foye) played under 1 minute. So they basically used 6 men the whole game. They don't have any premium picks.

And honestly, it won't get any better next year because re-signing RW will take all their cap space. They need to really work some magic to improve the team, if they can even get Durant to stay. Kanter is a nice offensive piece but he's paid so much I doubt they get much. Adams would have value, but he's a key pice and losing him probably hurts more than what you get for him. Same for Roberson. Those guys are great role players but in trades have limited value. Ibaka is movable but he's not great and he's an expiring that will get overpaid next year with the cap so high - he has limited trade value I'd say.

Waiters isn't very good but re-signing him (they have Bird rights) might be all they can do because with the MLE having less value than normal they probably don't have a lot of options. A S&T would be ideal but again, what are you going to get in a deal for him? Not much, I'd say.

They don't have any picks this year either. Wow, I never looked into it and realized how bad shape they are in. They're great but they're just not good enough and they have no flexibility to get better. Their role players just aren't good enough and they aren't deep enough.

Honestly looking at all this I think he might bolt.

that does sound bleak, the Kanter trade was weird, moving Reggie Jackson who was a pretty big asset for the right to pay Kanter $17m per year? When they already had Adams & Ibaka upfront?

They haven't done a good job of putting good role players around the stars. Waiters sucks and should not be your #3 guy. They've let some good talented players go and seemingly got little to nothing for them. Reggie, Harden, Lamb, Thabo, Augustine...

didnt realize their cap was so bad too, Ibaka is going to command over $20m, WB due for $33m+, Durant due for almost $30m, and then Kanter eating up $17m. Even Adams is probably playing himself into $20m per year.

Durant should come to the Knicks, =). KP makes nothing for 4 more years and Melo at $25m for 3 more years seems reasonable now. They could use Lopez & a 1st to trade for a PG like Teague.

KP
Durant
Melo
Afflalo
Teague

=D

mrblisterdundee
06-01-2016, 10:33 AM
If Kevin Durant's more interested in money, then he stays. If he's more interested in going for a title, he leaves east. It's pretty simple.
I just saw a report that the Hawks are chasing Durant too. If they could land him and somehow retain Al Horford, that would be a true contender. They wouldn't be better than the Thunder are now, but it's the east, so you're going off an entirely different standard.

BoSox47
06-01-2016, 11:37 AM

Durant doesnt want to go play with a washed up d wade and a blood clot filled bosh.

FlashBolt
06-01-2016, 12:42 PM
Kanter has been huge for us but I have no idea why we signed him to play only 20 minutes per game.. in some playoff games, it was like he was a bench type player. Kanter is one of the best offensive players in the game and I really have no clue why he's getting paid that much if we didn't plan on playing him the way we should. We have probably the best frontcourt in the NBA and should play like it.

nycericanguy
06-01-2016, 01:16 PM
Kanter has been huge for us but I have no idea why we signed him to play only 20 minutes per game.. in some playoff games, it was like he was a bench type player. Kanter is one of the best offensive players in the game and I really have no clue why he's getting paid that much if we didn't plan on playing him the way we should. We have probably the best frontcourt in the NBA and should play like it.

In today's league big guys that don't defend are being phased out. And OKC already has Adams & Ibaka, hard to really play big minutes to 3 bigs in a league that keeps getting smaller and smaller.

Kanter played 12mpg in the WCF, OKC should move him if that's going to be the case. $17m for a guy to play 12mpg in the WCF is a huge waste.