PDA

View Full Version : How has the GSW/OKC series impacted how you view the Warriors?

JasonJohnHorn
05-30-2016, 11:33 PM
After last year's finals, and throughout this season, I was and have been immensely impressed with the Warriors.

I had one concern though. Given how easily the blew teams out, I never really saw them surge from behind, or really grind out a close game against a tough opponent. They often entered the fourth quarter with a significant double-digit lead, and while routing a team, even contending teams like the Spurs, is an impressive accomplishment, I always felt like they needed to prove themselves in another way: coming through collectively in the clutch with their backs against the wall.

While some people feel that falling down 1-3 in this series ended any comparison with the Bulls 72-win team, and how suggest significant flaws in the team, for me, it was an opportunity for them to prove that they could wn tough road games when facing elimination, that they could come back from behind, and that they could close out close games. This which they simply haven't had to do.

This series, rather than causing me to question their greatness, has actually answered any questions I had about their greatness. It was a trial by fire, whereas last year's playoffs and this year's regular season was something akin to watching the original dream team trounce upon inferior teams.

You never know how great a team is until they go up against somebody as good as they are. I feel like this series prove their metal.

What are your thoughts? Did this series prove them to be weaker or stronger than you had thought?

MTL_123
05-30-2016, 11:35 PM
Hellll yeah it showed KD and Westbrook are huge chokers and how the League loves the warriors by having Green in such a bubble from techs, flagrants, suspensions and fouls

Lets see if they still keep him in that bubble AGAINST LEBRON

G-Menfan4lyfe
05-30-2016, 11:36 PM
To me it just proves OKC are the same old choke artists. They had leads in every one of the past 3 games that they lost. They took untimely crappy shots and just couldn't close it out. But kudos to the Warriors for taking it.

LA_Raiders
05-30-2016, 11:44 PM
I don't know. I really thought they were better than that, OKC gave them a hell of a fight. What impressed me is that those guys don't quit. Curry did not look too good also.

TheNumber37
05-30-2016, 11:45 PM
OKC always and still does need another Primary ball handler and shooter.

They need to resign Durant and go get Nic Batum and Settle for Courtney Lee.

Warriors are unbeatable. They should beat the Cavs in 5 or 6. Hope they sweep

JasonJohnHorn
05-30-2016, 11:49 PM
I don't know. I really thought they were better than that, OKC gave them a hell of a fight. What impressed me is that those guys don't quit. Curry did not look too good also.

I think those injuries hit him psychologically, and being taken out of the season for a couple of weeks hurt his rhythm, which shooters rely on.

I think he'll be back into for the finals.

Aust
05-30-2016, 11:51 PM
They showed the heart of a champion. Clawing their way back to victory from the jaws of defeat.

JasonJohnHorn
05-30-2016, 11:52 PM
Hellll yeah it showed KD and Westbrook are huge chokers and how the League loves the warriors by having Green in such a bubble from techs, flagrants, suspensions and fouls

Lets see if they still keep him in that bubble AGAINST LEBRON

The league has always been kind to their money-makers when it comes to officiating. We've seen that in HUGE doses the Jordan's Bulls and Kobe's Lakers, as well as with the Heat. I mean, Wade was allowed to shove Rip and not even get called for a flagrant, and LBJ got away with a lot.

I agree.... this is an issue. I hope that Green is put in check by the league, because all this is doing is telling him he's allowed to pull this $#!T. Frankly, I'm worried that this is going to lead to an injury to another player (like Love getting his shoulder yanked out of socket last season).

BKLYNpigeon
05-31-2016, 12:04 AM
I think of the even higher. They just came back from a 1-3 deficit and beating a very good OKC team.

This will take them a very long way in the Finals.

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-31-2016, 12:07 AM
Well, it definitely shows they have a heart. But they kind of confirmed everyone's complaints about them last year. This was really the first healthy good playoff team they have faced in 7 rounds. I think they were shell-shocked at how good OKC was. But eventually they came through. I think it was good preparation for the next series which is going to be really difficult

More-Than-Most
05-31-2016, 12:23 AM
If you watched this series and dont come away with green is immune to the nba and the nba wanted warriors/cavs then you werent watching or are a fan of the team.... It was sadly obvious.

TheMightyHumph
05-31-2016, 12:30 AM
I had a pretty good view of them this evening. The view didn't need to be impacted.

JasonJohnHorn
05-31-2016, 12:50 AM
If you watched this series and dont come away with green is immune to the nba and the nba wanted warriors/cavs then you werent watching or are a fan of the team.... It was sadly obvious.

The leniency given to Green is scary. Somebody will be hurt by him. They let him get away with more stuff than Rodman did with the Bulls.

Wait until he head butts an official.

gauth25
05-31-2016, 01:29 AM
To anyone who actually believes Green is being guarded by the NBA then you're just a pissed off homer fan or hate what the Warriors have been able to do with their unconventional style of play. Ya, I'll admit that second kick to the groin was intentional for sure but if you actually pay attention to what guys like J.R. Smith, Dellavedova, Dragic, Westbrook and even Lebron get away with it's just as bad if not worse. Green and Bogut both get carried away with stupid fouls but Smith, Dellavedova and Dragic are constantly throwing cheap shots after the whistle without being called. Lebron, who is 6'9 and 265 lbs, if not more, will drop his shoulder and drive to the rim at ease without being whistled for a foul. You want to talk about how the league gave GS a pass to the finals? Look at the BS calls that were called against Toronto on multiple occasions. If anything the league would want OKC to be in the finals and not give GS a chance at repeating which would continue the bashing of the current state of the NBA by former greats.

Scoots
05-31-2016, 01:36 AM
More motivation for the Warriors ... they win 73 games and make the finals and it's because the opponent choked.

Kevj77
05-31-2016, 01:44 AM
Warriors showed the heart of a champion. They could have given up and fought like hell.

NYKalltheway
05-31-2016, 01:56 AM
While some people feel that falling down 1-3 in this series ended any comparison with the Bulls 72-win team, and how suggest significant flaws in the team, for me, it was an opportunity for them to prove that they could wn tough road games when facing elimination, that they could come back from behind, and that they could close out close games.

It's both.

Saddletramp
05-31-2016, 04:10 AM
To anyone who actually believes Green is being guarded by the NBA then you're just a pissed off homer fan or hate what the Warriors have been able to do with their unconventional style of play. Ya, I'll admit that second kick to the groin was intentional for sure but if you actually pay attention to what guys like J.R. Smith, Dellavedova, Dragic, Westbrook and even Lebron get away with it's just as bad if not worse. Green and Bogut both get carried away with stupid fouls but Smith, Dellavedova and Dragic are constantly throwing cheap shots after the whistle without being called. Lebron, who is 6'9 and 265 lbs, if not more, will drop his shoulder and drive to the rim at ease without being whistled for a foul. You want to talk about how the league gave GS a pass to the finals? Look at the BS calls that were called against Toronto on multiple occasions. If anything the league would want OKC to be in the finals and not give GS a chance at repeating which would continue the bashing of the current state of the NBA by former greats.

Oh, you mean he's driving to the rim? And you're comparing that to Green's thuggery? Get outta here. And what did Dragic do? Maybe I missed it.

Scoots
05-31-2016, 12:21 PM
I love Steven Adams, but then I love guys who get under the skin of the opponent (Laimbeer, Rodman, Artest, Delly in these coming finals). Adams is a master at it with hidden elbows and grabs and little shoves. He works his butt off and he's good ... but he's also got that mean streak. The Warriors have it with Bogut and Green ... but Bogut doesn't get flustered like that while Green does. Credit Adams for taking Green out of his game.

R. Johnson#3
05-31-2016, 12:28 PM
Before this series I saw the Dubs as the best team in the NBA. After the series I see the Dubs as the best team in the NBA.

R. Johnson#3
05-31-2016, 12:30 PM
Oh, you mean he's driving to the rim? And you're comparing that to Green's thuggery? Get outta here. And what did Dragic do? Maybe I missed it.

Dragic was pushing off a ton in the Raptors series. I agree with you on Lebron though. There's no comparison there with Green. Lebron is just a superior athlete.

Supreme LA
05-31-2016, 12:48 PM
I learned that KD is the problem with OKC, not the team. He's mentally weak, over-sensitive, weak under pressure, and lacks basketball IQ in the last 5 mins of a big game.

OKC was the better team this entire series aside for end of quarters and closing games.

I also learned what a beast Westbrook is. The boy is too good but should have been more aggressive in game 7. I think he came out with the mindset to get his team involved but he should have pushed the pace.

Warriors are resilient and still as deadly as ever. Klay is also the best SG in the league.

Tony_Starks
05-31-2016, 12:50 PM
Makes me think we've finally got another Dynasty. Haven't seen one since 3peat Lakers.

Vinylman
05-31-2016, 01:07 PM
Makes me think we've finally got another Dynasty. Haven't seen one since 3peat Lakers.

premature... they need to beat Cleveland

I picked GS in 7 but I can easily see Cleveland winning in 6

AllBall
05-31-2016, 02:09 PM
It makes me think the league is rigged. A thing I didn't believe before. They just go about it in in smart ways and do it in certain games/situations.

lol, please
05-31-2016, 03:48 PM
It makes me think the league is rigged. A thing I didn't believe before. They just go about it in in smart ways and do it in certain games/situations.

There were many questionable calls / non calls during these playoffs, but there are also much worse examples in the NBA before these playoffs.

Kings/Lakers, the Lakers getting ALL the calls against this Warriors team in 2014, among others.

Scoots
05-31-2016, 10:03 PM
There were many questionable calls / non calls during these playoffs, but there are also much worse examples in the NBA before these playoffs.

Kings/Lakers, the Lakers getting ALL the calls against this Warriors team in 2014, among others.

All the complaints about the Warriors moving screens in earlier series went away, but Adams is a master at the early box out on drives. He's really subtle about it. He boxes out the defenders from getting to the rim mid-drive.

Bogut does it too, but not as smooth as Adams does. I wish Adams was a Warrior.

mberr
06-01-2016, 03:12 AM
There were times where I thought OKC got a bunch of unfair calls while the Warriors didn't get any calls... maybe it was bad officiating all around.