PDA

View Full Version : Who are the Cavs Rooting for In Game 7 of the WCF?

Nikeman
05-29-2016, 12:34 AM
Simple question, who do the Cavs want to face and why?

FOXHOUND
05-29-2016, 12:43 AM
I would hope GS, because if you don't want to face the best then you've already lost.

Heediot
05-29-2016, 12:44 AM
OKC. He has the psychological edge on RW and KD.

bucketss
05-29-2016, 12:49 AM
i would imagine they got pretty disappointed in tonight's results :around-the-world:

kobe4thewinbang
05-29-2016, 01:15 AM
I think Cleveland can defeat either team, but OKC would be an easier challenge, IMO. A Big 3 should best a Big 2 every time. Plus, Cleveland's defense is not the best so GSW would likely woo them into playing 3PT shootout and just crushing them. Plus Cleveland has some size to contend with OKC.

prodigy
05-29-2016, 01:51 AM
Cavs would have home court vs OKC. But I'm sure the Cavs would love to face GS with a healthy Love and Irving. Seeing as LeBron single handily took GS to 6 games last year. But I want home court, I could careless about GS lol.

jason
05-29-2016, 01:59 AM
I think Cleveland can defeat either team, but OKC would be an easier challenge, IMO. A Big 3 should best a Big 2 every time. Plus, Cleveland's defense is not the best so GSW would likely woo them into playing 3PT shootout and just crushing them. Plus Cleveland has some size to contend with OKC.
I think either team can defeat Cleveland.

More-Than-Most
05-29-2016, 02:21 AM
I dont think they care.... I think the cavs are more confident than they should be considering how soft Love has looked and how inconsistant Kyrie can be.

lol, please
05-29-2016, 02:29 AM
I would hope GS, because if you don't want to face the best then you've already lost.

Well said. Good post.

S & B Bleeder
05-29-2016, 02:31 AM
OKC. He has the psychological edge on RW and KD.

Yep.

And GS has a massive psychological edge over the entire Cavaliers team from having WAXED LeFlop and company last year in the Finals, despite LeBiotch playing absolutely out of his mind.

GSW is even better this year, have home court advantage, and have a healthy Bogut added to the mix now. They will sweep the Cavaqueers easily. It will be fun to watch.

Ariza's Better
05-29-2016, 02:35 AM
Injuries. That's what the cavs are hoping for. But in reality, OKC.

More-Than-Most
05-29-2016, 02:35 AM
Well said. Good post.

No... If your the cavs you dont give a **** about beating the best.... to much can happen like last year with Injuries.... Also they match up better with the thunder... If I am a cav I am praying for the thunder or by some grace of god the league somehow/someway auto puts the lakers into the finals.... I would want no part of the warriors or Thunder :shrug: .

Sadds The Gr8
05-29-2016, 03:33 AM
they'll lose to either

kobe4thewinbang
05-29-2016, 12:08 PM
I think either team can defeat Cleveland.I do too. I think GSW is the favorite if they make it.

nycericanguy
05-29-2016, 12:12 PM
i would imagine they got pretty disappointed in tonight's results :around-the-world:

pretty sure they are sitting back loving these teams going all out for 7 games. they got best case scenario.

They should prefer to face OKC, they've beaten them already and they would have HCA.

JasonJohnHorn
05-29-2016, 12:54 PM
I don't think they care at this point. OKC has proven they are every bit as good as the Warriors and Spurs, and the Warriors have already proven they are one of the greatest teams ever, even if they have hit a bit of a slump with the injury bug.

I think they'd prefer the Warriors. With the Thunder, they have two guys with the killer instinct that can take over a game in Westy and KD. The Warriors have one (Curry) and a guy that can get hot hand (Klay), but if they take Curry out of the game, that team will be easier to beat.

CardinalRed24
05-29-2016, 02:24 PM
Best believe they praying OKC somehow escapes GS with the victory.

mngopher35
05-29-2016, 04:22 PM
OKC

I don't think Cleveland matches up well with GS and would lose that series. With OKC I think their defense is less exposed (due to iso over ball movement) and they have a better chance to win (I'd pick them in 7 over OKC or GS in 6 over them probably).

Teeboy1487
05-29-2016, 04:56 PM
OKC because of homecourt. Honestly, I think the Cavs would have trouble with either team. As good as the Cavs have been shooting the 3 ball, no one does it better than Golden State. I think it would be a huge shock of relief for the Dubs once they are not facing the length of OKC anymore. They match up much better against the Cavs and should be a strong favorite to win the series on paper.

As for OKC, I think their length and athleticism would give Cleveland alot of problems similar to to the Dubs right now. Lebron would be force to guard Durant the entire series while being the engine for the Cavs' offense. That would wear him down quickly over the course of a seven game series. Love and Thompson would get killed on the boards against the rugged big men of the Thunder in Ibaka, Adams, and Kanter. Finally, Westbrook would be a nightmare match up for either Irving or J.R. Smith. I think Shumpert would have to start in that series to slow down Westbrook.

Honestly, I think both teams have an edge on the Cavs but I also think the Cavs can pull it off as well. We will see.

prodigy
05-30-2016, 02:09 AM
I think either team can defeat Cleveland.

no crap really? lol, so dumb comments in these threads anymore. final 3 teams can all beat each other.

prodigy
05-30-2016, 02:12 AM
Yep.

And GS has a massive psychological edge over the entire Cavaliers team from having WAXED LeFlop and company last year in the Finals, despite LeBiotch playing absolutely out of his mind.

GSW is even better this year, have home court advantage, and have a healthy Bogut added to the mix now. They will sweep the Cavaqueers easily. It will be fun to watch.

How? 1 guy (Lebron) took the entire GS team to 6 games lol. Now Love and irving are healthy.

Someone's suckin that GS sack real good. lmao

king4day
05-30-2016, 01:23 PM

While technically true, if OKC wins, then I would have to say they are the better team. It's not like football where one team can have a lucky win and move on. If GSW can't take 4 out of 7 against OKC then IMO they aren't the better team.

DboneG
05-30-2016, 01:24 PM
I think LeBron want the GSW again. He almost beat them in the last Finals. There were two games the Cavs could have won. All this Steph Curry talk, unanimous NBA MVP talk...73-9 talk, he want the Warriors!

BUT...Kevin Durant is his buddy. Bron Bron and Durant are good friends. So, he's pulling for his buddy Durant to win. He's pulling for Durant because, he has a monkey on his back(being up 3 games to 1, now the series is tied) that could be an orangutan over the summer.

lol, please
05-30-2016, 01:27 PM
Yep.

:laugh:

xxplayerxx23
05-30-2016, 01:38 PM
How? 1 guy (Lebron) took the entire GS team to 6 games lol. Now Love and irving are healthy.

Someone's suckin that GS sack real good. lmao

As good as Kyrie and love are offensivley they will be toast on high pick and rolls.

xxplayerxx23
05-30-2016, 01:39 PM
Sweep ? Zero chance.

ewing
05-30-2016, 03:39 PM
Best believe they praying OKC somehow escapes GS with the victory.

agreed. i think OKC is much better match up for them

ewing
05-30-2016, 03:40 PM

well, thats just true at all