PDA

View Full Version : Biyombo: Where and how much?

JasonJohnHorn
05-28-2016, 07:56 AM
It seems like the free-agent value of Bismack has gone up in recent weeks due to his playoff performance.

I'm not a fan of his game to be frank. His 2.6 blocks per36 (reg season) is negated by the fact that he averaged 4.5 fouls per36. He's a horrid passer/ball handler, even when accounting for his position. And he's got no range.

The only think he is good at is rebounding. He had a nice streak in the playoffs where he wasn't fouling as much, but his defensive impact is negated, in my opinion, by the high number of fouls he commits.

He reminds me more of a Reggie Evans or Chris Andersen type. Great energy player, and the potential to make a significant impact in a limited role, but frankly not even worth the MLE.

So.... how much do you think he's worth? And where do you think is a good fit for him?

DanG
05-28-2016, 08:34 AM
Should be 8-10 mil, but he'll get more.

DboneG
05-28-2016, 08:41 AM
Biyombo has been a pleasant surprise in the playoffs. He gained all his confidence against the Heat, when Spo decided it was a good idea to go small with a 6'6" rookie at center Justise Winslow. GREAT IDEA! Hopefully, the Raptors sign him. He's a good motor coming off the bench.

I don't like him...because, he can't hit free throws! He needs to work on his offensive game also. Very good motor, very good defense!

DboneG
05-28-2016, 08:51 AM
Note: Biyombobo didn't do much when the Cavs paid more attention to him. A concern.

getnhigh
05-28-2016, 08:55 AM
4 years 64 mil to Dallas

kingkenny01
05-28-2016, 09:06 AM
I really doubt it happens, but I'd love the bucks to get him he is exactly what the bucks need

Jamiecballer
05-28-2016, 02:17 PM
Biyombo is an elite defender with great court sense. He will get 15 per and I hope it's Toronto

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

IndyRealist
05-28-2016, 02:20 PM
4 years 64 mil to Dallas

This could really happen. Biyombo is Dallas' type of player.

Chronz
05-28-2016, 02:29 PM
Bismack has always been a high impact defender, maybe backing up Al Jefferson made for such a jarring night and day difference in defensive efficiency that I overrate him abit but Im not the least bit surprised for his play this post season. Toronto badly needed it and he has the talent. That said, he should get Asik money relative to whatever he made when he displayed spurts of dominance. Abit too much risk to give him mad money

lol, please
05-28-2016, 02:31 PM
It seems like the free-agent value of Bismack has gone up in recent weeks due to his playoff performance.

I'm not a fan of his game to be frank. His 2.6 blocks per36 (reg season) is negated by the fact that he averaged 4.5 fouls per36. He's a horrid passer/ball handler, even when accounting for his position. And he's got no range.

The only think he is good at is rebounding. He had a nice streak in the playoffs where he wasn't fouling as much, but his defensive impact is negated, in my opinion, by the high number of fouls he commits.

He reminds me more of a Reggie Evans or Chris Andersen type. Great energy player, and the potential to make a significant impact in a limited role, but frankly not even worth the MLE.

So.... how much do you think he's worth? And where do you think is a good fit for him?

He already said he wants to stay in Toronto, and he should.

That said, I would take him on the Warriors to come off the bench behind Ezeli since we are packaging Bogut in the 3 way trade that will land us Durant.

Chronz
05-28-2016, 02:31 PM
This could really happen. Biyombo is Dallas' type of player.

By that you mean hes a Dirk kind of player. Cuban has to decide if Dirks legacy is worth retaining because the Mavs wont ever rebuild so long as hes around. Look at how quickly Boston turned its fate around by dealing its icons before they gave out.

jerellh528
05-28-2016, 02:41 PM
Lakers for 4 yrs 50 mil.

:)

5ass
05-28-2016, 02:48 PM
By that you mean hes a Dirk kind of player. Cuban has to decide if Dirks legacy is worth retaining because the Mavs wont ever rebuild so long as hes around. Look at how quickly Boston turned its fate around by dealing its icons before they gave out.

Just need to find a GM as dumb as the nets' last GM. Someone needs to make it worth it for Cuban to trade Dirk.

KG2TB
05-28-2016, 03:40 PM
4 yrs/48 mil to the Bulls. We need a player who actually seems to have fun out there.

Jamiecballer
05-28-2016, 07:12 PM
Lakers for 4 yrs 50 mil.

:)
If that's all it takes to sign him I will be incredibly disappointed if Toronto doesn't bring him back. He's the biggest difference between the raptors this year and last

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

More-Than-Most
05-28-2016, 07:26 PM
Jesus christ Noel is gonna get a ****ing max : (

prodigy
05-29-2016, 01:57 AM
Note: Biyombobo didn't do much when the Cavs paid more attention to him. A concern.

This, he was only good 1 game at home. In Cleveland he was beyond garbage. solid depth Big, he would be behind Moz on the Cavs bench. meaning 0 minutes.

IndyRealist
05-29-2016, 11:03 AM

As long as Dirk is willing to take paycuts (he only makes $8.3M now) they can transition the same way the Spurs have. They just whiffed on some bad bets, going all in for DeAndre, Wes getting hurt, Chandler Parsons in general. Dirk probably carried a much larger load the last couple of years than they meant him to.