PDA

View Full Version : Joakim Noah doesn't want to come back to the Bulls?

GiantsSwaGG
05-27-2016, 01:24 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/www.postingandtoasting.com/platform/amp/2016/5/26/11784366/should-the-knicks-pursue-joakim-noah?client=safari#

Reports stating he doesn't want to come back, is he still a starter and if so what team will he fit best?

Ps what's going on with the front office? Seems like a lot of turmoil

Hawkeye15
05-27-2016, 01:46 PM
I am sure Thibs will be chasing him to put into the Towns/Dieng/Bjelicia/Whatever you get out of KG frontline. If he is relatively healthy, I would love to have him

5ass
05-27-2016, 01:50 PM
He isn't a starter, but I wouldn't mind the Magic signing him. Especially if they can also get Horford.

Stunner
05-27-2016, 01:50 PM
KC reported that his agent said its not true

FOXHOUND
05-27-2016, 01:57 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/www.postingandtoasting.com/platform/amp/2016/5/26/11784366/should-the-knicks-pursue-joakim-noah?client=safari#

Reports stating he doesn't want to come back, is he still a starter and if so what team will he fit best?

That front office has been in turmoil for almost 20-years and why Phil, MJ and Pippen all left after 98 together. I'm not sure if this a legit thing or not, probably leaked as some sort of negotiating tactic combined with him denying it.

RowBTrice
05-27-2016, 02:08 PM
If I were him, I wouldn't want to deal with the Bulls' front office either.

Stunner
05-27-2016, 02:10 PM
Noah can still start for some teams , our defense really suffered when he went out . His leadership and energy was much needed

beasted86
05-27-2016, 02:16 PM
That front office has been in turmoil for almost 20-years and why Phil, MJ and Pippen all left after 98 together. I'm not sure if this a legit thing or not, probably leaked as some sort of negotiating tactic combined with him denying it.

Longer than that. Dating back to Doug Collins, all coaches have been let go under some type of controversy and dating back to even the 80s there's been a disconnect between the star players and the front office with a tumultuous relationship between many.

Stunner
05-27-2016, 02:18 PM
Noah and his representatives are looking to cash in this summer with the massive TV money coming into the league, and they remain confident that Noah can get back to playing at a high level and staying on the floor. For the second summer in a row, he is spending a bulk of his free time working at Peak Performance Project in Santa Barbara alongside friend and personal trainer Alex Perris. —Friedell, ESPN

beasted86
05-27-2016, 02:22 PM
Of course. Which player would willingly burn his bridges coming off of an injury season being a 31 yr old free agent?

But the article stance is basically common sense. It doesn't seem Chicago will commit to him being a starter or having a large role like Pre-Gasol yet.

He should go for one last pay day, whether that's sign one now or go to a team with a starter role for 1 yr and bet on himself for next summer.

If Miami cannot keep Whiteside, I'd love to take that 1yr gamble on him as a stop gap for us.

mngopher35
05-27-2016, 02:39 PM
If Noah is looking to cash in I hope thibs stays away. Not exactly sure what cash in means for him but I don't see a major fit with him here (towns/dieng better at c IMO). Don't want to be locked in with him for more than a year or two and probably at a lower price than he wants. I would rather go for deng as a small ball 4 and backup 3 than Noah right now.

naps
05-27-2016, 02:46 PM
It's sad how the owner let the FO dismantle the team over and over again. He didnt learn from the demise of his dynasty. This FO is repeating Jerry Krause.

Yeah big surprise there. Ofcourse agent will come out and say that. Why would he kill any bargain before entering the free agency?

FlashBolt
05-27-2016, 02:49 PM
Joakim used to be the Draymond Green of the Bulls.. an absolute monster and top ten player. Crazy how one season changed that with injuries, etc... I always loved his game. He would be the best center if this was still 2011.

FlashBolt
05-27-2016, 02:51 PM
If he's healthy, he can be a good backup for the Warriors.

Stunner
05-27-2016, 02:52 PM
Joshua A. Vinson ‎@TheJoshAVinson
@Tyler_Pleiss two players I talked to mentioned that Noah haven't said anything at all to them of that nature
9:14 PM - 25 May 2016
1 1 Retweet 1 1 like

Another repeater refuting the report

JasonJohnHorn
05-27-2016, 03:34 PM
Don't blame him. That front office is a mess.

I don't think the team has done well by him, or Gasol.

And, yes, he is still a starter in this league, but more importantly, any team who adds him to their roster will be better. With people going with small ball these days, Noah may not get crazy minutes, but he can pass and defend, and rebound, so you throw him on a team like SAS, OKC, CLE or GSW, and he can split the minutes as C with guys like Bogut, or Adams, or Duncan, and that will make for a great rotation.

I'd be curious to see him and Al Horford together like back in college.

He's a hard worker and a quality vet that doesn't make a lot of stupid mistakes, so I expect he'll land in a good situation and help to make a positive contribution.

FlashBolt
05-27-2016, 04:03 PM
I know no one wants to admit it but Derrick Rose is why the Bulls suck. 100% cause of him.

Stunner
05-27-2016, 04:54 PM
It's not 100% but I guess whatever you say .

FlashBolt
05-27-2016, 05:27 PM
It's not 100% but I guess whatever you say .

They are one elite PG away from being a Finals contender. Rose is just taking up salary, the ball USG%, etc. You guys should be making the playoffs but because of Rose, you can't.

lol, please
05-27-2016, 05:51 PM

If I was him I would do what I could to land with the Raptors and finish my career with a run or two.

FlashBolt
05-27-2016, 05:53 PM
If I was him I would do what I could to land with the Raptors and finish my career with a run or two.

Have you heard of Biyombo? Yeah..

lol, please
05-27-2016, 05:54 PM
Have you heard of Biyombo? Yeah..

No doubt, but you can have all 3 Biyombo, JV, Noah and dominate teams with rotations based on matchups, Casey has already used Biyombo at the 4.

Bruno
05-27-2016, 06:01 PM
any team with a growing young core would love Noah. his intensity will rub off on young developing players. it'll be interesting to see how much he gets offered, he's 30 but the dude was 4th in MVP voting just two years ago.

NYKnickFanatic
05-27-2016, 07:24 PM
I would love to have Noah on the Knicks for his energy and toughness. Dude looks like an awesome teammate to have around.

Heediot
05-27-2016, 07:34 PM
I'd be curious to see him and Al Horford together like back in college.

These two should team up in Portland. Blazers take the next step with the addition of these two. They have the cap room.

Stunner
05-27-2016, 07:54 PM
They are one elite PG away from being a Finals contender. Rose is just taking up salary, the ball USG%, etc. You guys should be making the playoffs but because of Rose, you can't.

Watch more Bulls games and get back to me , we made it with him last season . 2016 Rose actually been playing the best ball since 2011 . Again Rose might be part of the problem but it's more than that with Chicago . Butler / Pau / FO / Head Coach / injuries all led to the Bulls not making the playoffs including rose .

Butler missing a month really put the Bulls in a bad spot and role players not being consistent . Bulls were a top 3 seed before the butler injury and then the rest is history.

The Bulls need a rebuild , it was a collective effort from everyone not making the team .

xxplayerxx23
05-27-2016, 08:51 PM
He's injury prone worth a one year or two year deal

mrblisterdundee
05-27-2016, 10:36 PM
It's better if Noah leaves for a contender. The Bulls need to rebuild around Jimmy Butler, Bobby Portis Jr. and the other young guys, or find a way to trade Butler for more assets.
See if Boston has any interest in Butler for, say, Avery Bradley, Marcus Smart and a pick or two. Trade Pau Gasol and Taj Gibson to get younger. Let Derrick Rose play out his contract. If he doesn't coma back at a steep discount, drop him.
I could see Noah working well in San Antonio.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-27-2016, 10:39 PM
Easily a starter somewhere. Probably for more than half the teams when healthy.

I can see him going to a team like Houston or Heat who will need a new center.

Dade County
05-27-2016, 11:38 PM
Easily a starter somewhere. Probably for more than half the teams when healthy.

I can see him going to a team like Houston or Heat who will need a new center.

LoL wrong.

Worry about your team. Pat got this, he won't let a future asset get away that easy. They could always sign Whiteside and trade him later to one of the other teams that would have also offered him big money.

Or Pat might have other big moves in mind this upcoming free agency.

Wade n Fade
05-28-2016, 12:05 AM
The Bulls' best season was 2011 in his time? Ever since Rose tore his ACL, the Bulls have been a complete dumpster fire in terms of organization structure.

FlashBolt
05-28-2016, 12:55 AM
Watch more Bulls games and get back to me , we made it with him last season . 2016 Rose actually been playing the best ball since 2011 . Again Rose might be part of the problem but it's more than that with Chicago . Butler / Pau / FO / Head Coach / injuries all led to the Bulls not making the playoffs including rose .

Butler missing a month really put the Bulls in a bad spot and role players not being consistent . Bulls were a top 3 seed before the butler injury and then the rest is history.

The Bulls need a rebuild , it was a collective effort from everyone not making the team .

Watch more Bulls games? I don't need to watch any to realize that Rose has crippled that franchise for many years by taking a high salary and being relatively useless. He had his best season in quite some years and they still didn't make the playoffs.. Butler goes down and this team looks helpless. This team with any top ten PG would be in the playoffs and that is a guarantee. Last year you made the playoffs but it wasn't because of Rose. Firing Thibs was also a mistake. They are pinning it down on everyone but Rose.

Stunner
05-28-2016, 02:31 AM
You obviously don't know anything about Chicago , people do nothing but slander rose here bro .

Like I said the Bulls struggles were more than Rose last year , nobody said he wasn't apart of the problem .

A outdated roster with a new coach with pieces that didn't fit his offense . Butler

Going against the coach , Pau being a horrible defender , Noah got hurt , rose not being rose and being sleep on defense , inconsistent role players and a rookie head coach who might be in over his head .

This team looked helpless even when Butler was playing they were just getting by and wasn't playing to their full potential . The team underachieved big time everyone is at fault . Nobody wants rose back unless he has a good year next year and comes cheap other than that he's prob gone in 2017 .

Aust
05-28-2016, 03:30 AM
I'd like him in LA, unless he's only looking for a contender.

Vinylman
05-28-2016, 10:47 AM
guys like noah are perfectly set up for this years FA...

He can try and get a 3 year deal around $15 million per year or hang out and go to a bottom feeder like the Lakers on a 1 year deal at around $22 million per year because they WILL strike out in FA and will need to meet the minimum salary threshold....

if he plays well ... rinse/repeat the following year

FlashBolt
05-28-2016, 10:59 AM
You obviously don't know anything about Chicago , people do nothing but slander rose here bro .

Like I said the Bulls struggles were more than Rose last year , nobody said he wasn't apart of the problem .

A outdated roster with a new coach with pieces that didn't fit his offense . Butler

Going against the coach , Pau being a horrible defender , Noah got hurt , rose not being rose and being sleep on defense , inconsistent role players and a rookie head coach who might be in over his head .

This team looked helpless even when Butler was playing they were just getting by and wasn't playing to their full potential . The team underachieved big time everyone is at fault . Nobody wants rose back unless he has a good year next year and comes cheap other than that he's prob gone in 2017 .

You can't tell me for one second Lowry on this Bulls team wouldn't be in the Finals.. just stop it.

Stunner
05-28-2016, 11:13 AM
You can't tell me for one second Lowry on this Bulls team wouldn't be in the Finals.. just stop it.

Bulls wouldn't be in the finals , playoff Kyle Lowry sucks first of all . And the Bulls defense still isn't fixed and you still wouldn't count on the role players consistently enough .

Again you're still trying to focus on one player to make your argument strong . Nobody said rose wasn't a problem but he wasn't even the biggest problem this past season of the Bulls that's what you're failing to realize .

FlashBolt
05-28-2016, 12:00 PM
Bulls wouldn't be in the finals , playoff Kyle Lowry sucks first of all . And the Bulls defense still isn't fixed and you still wouldn't count on the role players consistently enough .

Again you're still trying to focus on one player to make your argument strong . Nobody said rose wasn't a problem but he wasn't even the biggest problem this past season of the Bulls that's what you're failing to realize .

No I'm not failing to realize anything. Rose has crippled your team from being a great one. You guys can't get over second tier teams because Rose is effectively hogging the salary when you can certainly grab a legitimate elite player.

FlashBolt
05-28-2016, 12:01 PM

Playoffs Kyle Lowry was enough to get within 2 games to the Finals... Pretty sure Playoffs Kyle Lowry+Jimmy Butler+Pau Gasol would be competing hard against LeBron and the Cavs.

TheNumber37
05-28-2016, 12:36 PM
I think he'd be a really great fit for the Warriors.
Just saying, he'd do much better in the minutes that Varejao gets.

I think the Pacers could be an option.
He would fit well with Charlotte, Milwaukee, Orlando and the Lakers.

Here's hoping he comes on a deal to the Knicks. It'd love a Robin Lopez/Noah Center rotation.

KG2TB
05-28-2016, 03:48 PM

:laugh:

Yeah, in what universe? Bulls didn't even make the playoffs and that was with Rose putting up 17/5 on 47% FG after the all-star break, yet you think replacing him with Kyle Lowry would be good enough to reach the finals? :laugh2:

Good enough to get into the playoffs maybe, but that's about it.

GiantsSwaGG
05-28-2016, 06:45 PM
Yeah lowry wouldn't had made a difference. The Butler injury really hurt their chances and the fact they tried to be more offensive, their defense was horrible!