PDA

View Full Version : Rockets Hire Mike D'Antoni

rhino17
05-26-2016, 05:17 PM
I guess Woj has reported this on twitter, but I don't use twitter so I don't have a link

Let me just say.....YUCK. The team might be even worse next year. Les Alexander clearly made this decision, and its clearly a terrible one

Bostonjorge
05-26-2016, 05:20 PM
Howard is gone

Htownballa1622
05-26-2016, 05:20 PM
I hate our owner.

This day keeps getting worse.

North Yorker
05-26-2016, 05:21 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 7m7 minutes ago
Houston is finalizing a deal to hire Mike D'Antoni as head coach, league sources tell @TheVertical.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 5m5 minutes ago
Houston is surrounding D'Antoni with an experienced, high-level coaching staff, including possibly Jeff Bzdelik as defensive coordinator.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 2m2 minutes ago
D'Antoni is finalizing a four-year deal with the Rockets that will include a team option in final year, league sources tell @TheVertical.
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA

kdspurman
05-26-2016, 05:22 PM
Well... I didn't see that coming.

Defense remains lower on the priority list I guess lol

GiantsSwaGG
05-26-2016, 05:22 PM
Horrible hire, Harden like Melo doesn't fit Dantoni's systems, your defense will SUCK, and he'll probably want Harden traded because he doesn't fit, then he'll leave when the organization picks Harden over him

shep33
05-26-2016, 05:28 PM
Assures that Dwight is gone.

Harden better get in shape, MDA likes to run.

eDush
05-26-2016, 05:32 PM
Horrible hire, Harden like Melo doesn't fit Dantoni's systems, your defense will SUCK, and he'll probably want Harden traded because he doesn't fit, then he'll leave when the organization picks Harden over him

The Beard does fit his system since the system doesn't advocate any defense but to outscore their opponents which he been doing or stirring the pot his entire career. Now he gets to shoot it in less than 7 seconds so it's a win win on that front :nod:.

5ass
05-26-2016, 05:33 PM
I dont know what to think... what does the rockets' starting line up look like next year?

shep33
05-26-2016, 05:35 PM
They aren't gonna make the playoffs next year

D-Leethal
05-26-2016, 05:41 PM
I think Harden fits like a glove as the guard who initiates the offense in the PnR.

IndyRealist
05-26-2016, 05:51 PM

I think Harden will essentially be the de facto PG (as if he isn't already), and will do well in SSoL. Howard and Motiejunas are probably gone, Terrence Jones is the starting PF, and Beverly likely gets replaced with a 3pt shooter. I could see them bringing back Chandler Parsons and loading up on long, athletic players who can run.

IBleedPurple
05-26-2016, 05:58 PM
We all know what D'Antoni brings...but Bzdelik as defensive anything is even worse. This will be baaaad.

Raidaz4Life
05-26-2016, 06:04 PM
If you could envision the worst possible fit for what the Rockets needed in a new head coach, you probably would have been envisioning Mike D'Antoni

SenileStern
05-26-2016, 06:06 PM
So what was the point of D'Antoni signing with the 76ers earlier this season?

MTL_123
05-26-2016, 06:06 PM
wow lol

pretty much shut the door of D12 returning. I guess hes going to the mavs

ghettosean
05-26-2016, 06:11 PM
There goes there defense... Lol... Not that they had any.

He's going to use Patrick Beverly like Steve Nash just watch... Lol

KB24PG16
05-26-2016, 06:24 PM
harden not gonna even bother with defense now lol

ghettosean
05-26-2016, 06:45 PM
harden not gonna even bother with defense now lol

Nice... Lol... This was probably his idea too!!!

Seriously this is bad news for the rockets... They picked the guy who literally ran the Lakers and Kobe into the ground and doesn't care about defense. What else needs to be said :shrug:

Iron24th
05-26-2016, 06:48 PM
terrible hire for a team who looked to bounce back next year

numba1CHANGsta
05-26-2016, 07:08 PM
Well Rockets fans, the good news is Dwight is a for sure goner, the bad news is you're screwed for the next 3-4 years under Mike D'Antoni.

DboneG
05-26-2016, 07:25 PM
This was a hire for James "The Beard" Harden. He's the one they sided with when Kevin McHale was on him, and got himself fired, the Rockets sided with him when Harden and Howard fell out. Harden is the guy that's bringing people the the stadium, so, they made a hire to hide his no-defense playing style. Dwhite Howard is gone. Actually, Howard was gone in like game 73 of the regular season. The only way I see this mistake hire working is the Rockets just run the other teams out the gym...out score the other team. So, that mean the Rockets will be keeping Michael Beasley, and giving him a larger role.

FOXHOUND
05-26-2016, 07:32 PM
Morey - D' Antoni - Harden

Will there be another team more enjoyable to watch lose? Jeez, they've got it covered on every level. :laugh2:

More-Than-Most
05-26-2016, 07:48 PM
This franchise has become a laughing stock.... Mike D is just not a good head coach... Could be a good assistant but Id never want him as a head coach... He excelled with a super team and a style nobody was use to at the time and it didnt translate as well in the playoffs outside of the one year... He just is a very very bad option...

The clear cut winner of this move is Harden... Basically got a coach that doesnt give a **** about defense.

warfelg
05-26-2016, 07:50 PM
:dance:

I mean have fun with him Houston.

More-Than-Most
05-26-2016, 07:50 PM
Assures that Dwight is gone.

Harden better get in shape, MDA likes to run.

He is gonna either be bad or dead... He wont fit the offense and a cardboard cut out of him on the court will actually play better defense... Its just a sad sad move man

People saying he fits the offense like a glove is just not accurate... He isnt a horrible fit on offense but he will need alot of quick thinking and passing instead of just driving and relying on contact like he does.... Its gonna be hilarious.

Saddletramp
05-26-2016, 08:02 PM
I wouldn't put all the weight on the Lakers' woes when he was there in him. Wasn't Nash, Dwight and Kobe hurt a lot? MWP was pretty much done by then, Gasol didn't buy in and Dwight's always been pretty stubborn about the pick and roll. They were an older, oft-injured team playing in a young man's fast system. Plus, didn't he come in after Mike Brown got fired so he had no training camp or anything to instill his system?

In saying all of that, I'm not expecting much from this going forward. Let's see who Morey can bring in.

NYKnickFanatic
05-26-2016, 08:19 PM
So, where does Dwight end up next year?

ewing
05-26-2016, 08:50 PM
It amazes me how in at least 1/2 the posters on this board think how the modern pick and roll heavy 3 point game is brillant and superior while hating the guy that brought it to the league.

Chronz
05-26-2016, 08:57 PM
The hire makes sense from the standpoint that Mike plays the style Morey envisions but hasnt been able to execute with regards to personnel (With good reason).

Dwights gone for sure tho

Chronz
05-26-2016, 09:00 PM
It amazes me how in at least 1/2 the posters on this board think how the modern pick and roll heavy 3 point game is brillant and superior while hating the guy that brought it to the league.

I found it funny how Phil Jackson was under fire for wanting to install the triangle and people pointing to the direction of the league as the reason to avoid it but I dont recall Mike doing much different during his stint.

I do wonder just how much he can ask of Harden when the guy already plays that style all the time.

Tony_Starks
05-26-2016, 09:05 PM
David Hardisty: Daryl Morey a month ago on the new coach: I think its going to be someone who embodies what we need which is to get our defense stronger. via Twitter clutchfans
------------------

Daryl Morey, comedy gold!

Chronz
05-26-2016, 09:20 PM
TBF, Mike D has led some mediocre defensive clubs in the past.

ewing
05-26-2016, 09:36 PM
I found it funny how Phil Jackson was under fire for wanting to install the triangle and people pointing to the direction of the league as the reason to avoid it but I dont recall Mike doing much different during his stint.

I do wonder just how much he can ask of Harden when the guy already plays that style all the time.

i'm not quite sure what you mean. i think a lot of the criticism of Phil in NY is unfounded. I think by year 3 of KP they should a good basketball team that is set up be good going forward. If they are not Phil failed. Right now he is trying to build something and while he hasn't done anything remarkable i don't think he has ****ed up either. As for Mike i think he got a raw deal in NY. When he came him and Donnie were on the same page- the Danilo, Amare, Wilson front line was in his wheel house. When Donnie lost power the team went in a direction with personal that was very anti-Dantoni. He failed but that doesn't surprise me. He's a coach you need to fit your personal too.

ewing
05-26-2016, 09:37 PM
TBF, Mike D has led some mediocre defensive clubs in the past.

I feel like Phx was decent even with Nash and the point and Amare protecting the rim. They did have some good wings.

naps
05-26-2016, 09:41 PM
Lol. They somehow figured out he is a better choice than JVG, Mark Jackson, or even Kenny Smith?

europagnpilgrim
05-26-2016, 10:16 PM
If L Hollins comes in the package as lead assistant than the defense scheme should be there and seeing what Morey does in free agency as far as bringing in the guys to fit and balance it out on the level Mike D had in Phx like a Marion and a couple others who could play D a little bit, defense is all about scheme and effort/communication, not so much one on one lockdown with all the pick and rolls and motion offenses

if Houston can get a R Anderson type stretch and a couple other snipers and/or athletes and a quasi go to guy around Harden then that offense will be somewhat lethal, they didn't have a problem scoring this past season

its not a popular pick but Mike D is the same guy who re- ushered this run and gun/fun type of style and had a guy who won back to back mvp's doing so

Saddletramp
05-26-2016, 10:29 PM
Lol. They somehow figured out he is a better choice than JVG, Mark Jackson, or even Kenny Smith?

To be fair, they wanted a name with experience so Smith wasn't the guy. And JVG had already coached in Houston and the owner wasn't sold on bringing him back. And I don't think Jackson was a serious candidate. The other top candidates didn't have head coaching experience so that probably hurt their chances. I dunno.

Chronz
05-26-2016, 10:35 PM
i'm not quite sure what you mean. i think a lot of the criticism of Phil in NY is unfounded. I think by year 3 of KP they should a good basketball team that is set up be good going forward. If they are not Phil failed. Right now he is trying to build something and while he hasn't done anything remarkable i don't think he has ****ed up either. As for Mike i think he got a raw deal in NY. When he came him and Donnie were on the same page- the Danilo, Amare, Wilson front line was in his wheel house. When Donnie lost power the team went in a direction with personal that was very anti-Dantoni. He failed but that doesn't surprise me. He's a coach you need to fit your personal too.

My point is that hes an easy target because of his aleggedly "outdated" system but NY wasn't any better off when they had the innovator of today's offenses. Maybe its not the system but the talent? Obvious to you and I, but that doesn't sell the way trashing the triangle can.

Mike D ran Amare through the ground in NY tho.

Chronz
05-26-2016, 10:39 PM
I feel like Phx was decent even with Nash and the point and Amare protecting the rim. They did have some good wings.

I remember the thinking being that they should have done better but they actually got worse when they canned the high pace approach in favor of Porters half court game. They immediately improved upon promoting Gentry and bringing back SSOL. Always felt they played to their talent level defensively, those good wings were very good but I never considered Marion as some sort of dominating "all-d caliber" defender.

Look for Harden to lead the league in minutes and turnovers by a historic margin vs his peers next year. Career high in assists too.

Crackadalic
05-26-2016, 10:42 PM
Harden is gonna break Wilts record next season.

lakerfan85
05-26-2016, 10:55 PM
I'm sure he will practice defense for 30 minutes every practice like he did with the Lakers..

beasted86
05-26-2016, 11:25 PM
How long before we see this same thread title with an "F" replacing the "H"?

Dade County
05-26-2016, 11:49 PM
D'Antoni just needs time to get his kind of players in.

They should be a very good regular season team.

ewing
05-26-2016, 11:52 PM
I remember the thinking being that they should have done better but they actually got worse when they canned the high pace approach in favor of Porters half court game. They immediately improved upon promoting Gentry and bringing back SSOL. Always felt they played to their talent level defensively, those good wings were very good but I never considered Marion as some sort of dominating "all-d caliber" defender.

Look for Harden to lead the league in minutes and turnovers by a historic margin vs his peers next year. Career high in assists too.

Billups was the nail in Dantoni coffin. you couldn't find a better PG that didn't fit his system

shep33
05-26-2016, 11:55 PM
He is gonna either be bad or dead... He wont fit the offense and a cardboard cut out of him on the court will actually play better defense... Its just a sad sad move man

People saying he fits the offense like a glove is just not accurate... He isnt a horrible fit on offense but he will need alot of quick thinking and passing instead of just driving and relying on contact like he does.... Its gonna be hilarious.

Dude, it's so bad lol. They do not have any of the pieces for an MDA system too. I just don't get it. Weirdest hire i've seen in a while. Might as well trade Harden, cause they ain't making the playoffs out west

shep33
05-26-2016, 11:58 PM
Let's be real, the only success he had was in Phoenix, with super stacked team that fit his style perfectly.

lol, please
05-27-2016, 12:04 AM
I guess Woj has reported this on twitter, but I don't use twitter so I don't have a link

Let me just say.....YUCK. The team might be even worse next year. Les Alexander clearly made this decision, and its clearly a terrible one
How is this not a good move for the Rockets? :confused:

Wouldn't you guys want a high powered fast paced offensive system with your squad?

sent from my Note 5 on Tapatalk

Aust
05-27-2016, 12:05 AM
oof

Harden is gonna break Wilts record next season.

Which one?

numba1CHANGsta
05-27-2016, 12:16 AM
Pringles is Back and Popping better than ever!

rhino17
05-27-2016, 12:25 AM
David Hardisty: Daryl Morey a month ago on the new coach: I think its going to be someone who embodies what we need which is to get our defense stronger. via Twitter clutchfans
------------------

Daryl Morey, comedy gold!
This wasn't Morey's decision, all reports indicated that he wanted JVG from day 1. Les went over his head on this one.

FOXHOUND
05-27-2016, 12:27 AM
On the positive side, the Rockets roster is pretty bare with lot's of cap space so they're in a position to quickly reshape their roster to fit Pringles-ball. Here's what they currently have in place,

Beverley-???
Harden-Brewer-McDaniels
Ariza-Dekker
Harrell-???
Capela-???

Terrence Jones is a RFA and they'll likely bring him back. Donatas Motiejunas is also a RFA who they'll mostly likely walk since they tried to dump him for a 1st and he doesn't fit the style. Dwight Howard is obviously gone. Renouncing Dwight and Donatello will leave them with $45.4M on the books and a cap space of about the same after rookie salary hold and a couple of minimum cap holds.

Beasley is set for $1.4M of non-guaranteed money, which if a legit thing they will definitely take.
Jones will get, let's be conservative and project high, $13M.

That would leave them with about $31M left. They could, theoretically, give into his contract demands and pay Al Horford $28-30M just to get him there. 1st round pick can be used on a PG and remaining cap for cheap vets to fill in.

Beverley-Rookie PG
Harden-Brewer-McDaniels
Ariza-Dekker
Jones-Beasley-Harrell
Horford-Capela

Beverley is the "Raja Bell", Harden is the defacto PG as usual. You have athletes to run up and down the court and Beverley and Ariza are pretty nice shooters to space. Horford also has a fairly respectable 3 point shot for a C and Dekker is another shooter off the bench.

Pringles roster activate.

FOXHOUND
05-27-2016, 12:28 AM
This wasn't Morey's decision, all reports indicated that he wanted JVG from day 1. Les went over his head on this one.

Which means that the next step is Morey going out the door.

rhino17
05-27-2016, 12:39 AM
Terrence Jones is a RFA and they'll likely bring him back. Donatas Motiejunas is also a RFA who they'll mostly likely walk since they tried to dump him for a 1st and he doesn't fit the style.

Flip this actually

there is a 0% chance Terrance Jones remains a rocket. Are people forgetting he played in exactly ONE game since February and was not hurt? He is absolutely terrible and widely disliked by the organization. At the right price, I image Morey would like to bring back DMO, he actually has value and is exactly the type of PF Daryl loves. As long as no one overpays him, he will likely be back.

LA_Raiders
05-27-2016, 12:47 AM
Lol, good luck with that. Howard is gone

FOXHOUND
05-27-2016, 12:51 AM
Flip this actually

there is a 0% chance Terrance Jones remains a rocket. Are people forgetting he played in exactly ONE game since February and was not hurt? He is absolutely terrible and widely disliked by the organization. At the right price, I image Morey would like to bring back DMO, he actually has value and is exactly the type of PF Daryl loves. As long as no one overpays him, he will likely be back.

Hmm, good point I forgot about his injury. That $13M number is way out of wack even being conservative lol. They may very well let him walk too and try to spend that money better elsewhere. Donatello is gone, he's way too slow for Pringles-ball and especially as a PF. What athletic tweener PF's are out there in FA that they can get for $14-16M if they sign Horford for $28-30M? Preferably one with a bit of a shooting touch...

Marvin Williams would be a great fit actually. Much better option with a little more thought put into it lol. Athletic, good 3 point shooter and played some very good D this year.

Beverley
Harden
Ariza
Williams at $16M
Horford at $28M

PurpleJesus
05-27-2016, 12:57 AM
I think D'Antoni is pretty underrated. He was considered genius when he coached PHO, and had a PG that loved to distribute the ball...the PG, and the system made all the players look better than they actually were...

then that genius label lead him to get some fat contracts from the Knicks and the Lakers...two teams who's star players are in love with iso, and style didnt fit.

I considered him a dark horse candidate for the Wolves vacancy before Thibs took the job, because the Wolves, with there pass first PG in Rubio (who Im not claiming is as good as Nash), and having great athletes at every position, would have run that same up tempo offense that made D'Antoni the hot coach in PHO.

Now with Houston, I see him falling in the same trap with Harden, that he got in with Melo and Kobe...the Kings would have been a good fit for him as well.

PurpleJesus
05-27-2016, 01:00 AM
Let's be real, the only success he had was in Phoenix, with super stacked team that fit his style perfectly.

That Suns team got worse after he left. Seemingly, all the players on that team got worse after he left. I agree that the players he had fit his style, but he definitely made that team better than it should have been.

Htownballa1622
05-27-2016, 01:08 AM
Dude, it's so bad lol. They do not have any of the pieces for an MDA system too. I just don't get it. Weirdest hire i've seen in a while. Might as well trade Harden, cause they ain't making the playoffs out west

I'm curious who u think will take their spot?

Let's assume grizzlies fall cuz conley leaves. Utah in.

shep33
05-27-2016, 01:10 AM
That Suns team got worse after he left. Seemingly, all the players on that team got worse after he left. I agree that the players he had fit his style, but he definitely made that team better than it should have been.

They got worse for varying reasons. They also made the conference finals with Gentry, and Nash and Stat were just as good. Yeah, it was MDA's system, but without Nash, his record show's him to be terrible

Stat
Nash
Barbosa
Bell
Draw
Matrix

Solid role guys:

Kurt Thomas
Tim Thomas
Eddie House

The truth is, Nash made everyone better. Not MDA

Saddletramp
05-27-2016, 02:20 AM
Hmm, good point I forgot about his injury. That $13M number is way out of wack even being conservative lol. They may very well let him walk too and try to spend that money better elsewhere. Donatello is gone, he's way too slow for Pringles-ball and especially as a PF. What athletic tweener PF's are out there in FA that they can get for $14-16M if they sign Horford for $28-30M? Preferably one with a bit of a shooting touch...

Marvin Williams would be a great fit actually. Much better option with a little more thought put into it lol. Athletic, good 3 point shooter and played some very good D this year.

Beverley
Harden
Ariza
Williams at $16M
Horford at $28M

I wanted Marvin Williams s few years ago. I'd want him even more now.

Brewer can play the three/four along with Ariza if they can make it work (mainly, Brewer has to hit threes). No idea what's up with Dekker; he played 30 minutes last year it seemed. Pretty sure Beasely is on a non-guaranteed low contract so he'll be back. Ryan Anderson seems like he'll lose value as soon as he signs a contract, which will be pricey.

This could be ok, depending on the defensive coaches or it could be awful. We'll see.

shep33
05-27-2016, 02:52 AM

I honestly think Conley stays. Even if he doesn't, I see the Grizz getting a decent pg and adding someone like Pau to the mix.

Either way:

Dubs
Spurs
Thunder
Clips
Blazers
Mavs
Grizzlies
Jazz

The thing I don't like about this is there seems to be front office issues with the Rox. Howard was a huge success to their system in the first two years. Let's not pretend that he's just a scrub, even though people don't like him. He's a huge loss.

On top of that, what free agents are gonna want to come there and play for MDA?

Sadds The Gr8
05-27-2016, 03:12 AM
bye morey

PurpleJesus
05-27-2016, 04:01 AM
The truth is, Nash made everyone better. Not MDA

There's a reason that Nash's best years were with D'Antoni. Nash didnt make D'Antoni, and D'Antoni didnt make Nash...they just fit perfectly together.

I really wanted D'Antoni to go to a team with a PG distributor, but now, considering his age, and that he will get 2-3 years with Houston, I view this as his last coaching opportunity. Too bad. With the right PG, his offensive system would fit well in today's NBA...it likely won't fit well with Houston.

Look for Harden's fantasy value to skyrocket though...as if thats even possible for one of the best fantasy players out there.

CluTcH_c1tY
05-27-2016, 08:26 AM
First foremost this wasn't a Morey hire it was all Alexander's idea to hire MDA. I'm a big believer in second chances but this hire does have me puzzled. For one we don't have the personnel to run his style of offense. No way in hell Pat Bev can run the point in this offense. Corey Brewer has to be worst 3 point shooter in the league. The 4 spot and now the 5 spot are gapping holes. Out of the available free agent pool I would like to pursue Conley and Horford. Even if they were fortunate to land these two I still don't see that being enough to contend let alone make the playoffs. Ugh please pray for Houston. Les Alexander stubbornness is leading it into the ground.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

D-Leethal
05-27-2016, 09:04 AM
Not sure why people can't see clear as day that Harden will obviously be playing the Nash role in this system.

Tony_Starks
05-27-2016, 09:29 AM

So goodbye Morey, goodbye Dwight, give the keys to Haren and Antoni?

Good luck.

Dade County
05-27-2016, 09:53 AM
How long before we see this same thread title with an "F" replacing the "H"?

LoL

Now every time I see this thread, I think for a spilt second, Rockers Fire Mike D'Antoni LoL

Htownballa1622
05-27-2016, 09:57 AM
I honestly think Conley stays. Even if he doesn't, I see the Grizz getting a decent pg and adding someone like Pau to the mix.

Either way:

Dubs
Spurs
Thunder
Clips
Blazers
Mavs
Grizzlies
Jazz

The thing I don't like about this is there seems to be front office issues with the Rox. Howard was a huge success to their system in the first two years. Let's not pretend that he's just a scrub, even though people don't like him. He's a huge loss.

On top of that, what free agents are gonna want to come there and play for MDA?

I disagree about Conley. I also think the Rox can potentially add significant contributors too. Dwight will be a loss. I never have pretended he's a scrub.

Personally, I think free agents would rather come play in Houston than go to Memphis. That may be just me.
I also feel a team like Dallas could fall out depending on their acquisitions or losses.

Point is, a lot can happen this offseason. To just count out the Rox is just throwing mud at the wall and hoping some of it sticks.

ewing
05-27-2016, 10:02 AM
Not sure why people can't see clear as day that Harden will obviously be playing the Nash role in this system.

i think it is a good hire

eDush
05-27-2016, 10:30 AM

Either way:

Dubs
Spurs
Thunder
Clips
Blazers
Mavs
Grizzlies
Jazz

On top of that, what free agents are gonna want to come there and play for MDA?Pau will join and help his brother Mark win a championship in Memphis by forming the twin bro towers :nod:.

eDush
05-27-2016, 10:32 AM

i think it is a good hireI agree...a great hire to keep Harden in Houston cause neither care about defense and only scoring at a high clips.

ghettosean
05-27-2016, 11:03 AM
I wouldn't put all the weight on the Lakers' woes when he was there in him. Wasn't Nash, Dwight and Kobe hurt a lot? MWP was pretty much done by then, Gasol didn't buy in and Dwight's always been pretty stubborn about the pick and roll. They were an older, oft-injured team playing in a young man's fast system. Plus, didn't he come in after Mike Brown got fired so he had no training camp or anything to instill his system?

In saying all of that, I'm not expecting much from this going forward. Let's see who Morey can bring in.

I don't watch the Lakers much so I reserve the right to be wrong on some minor details but if I remember correctly he got a 37 year old Nash, 34 Year old Kobe and a Dwight Howard who had back surgery in Orlando before he joined the Lakers and had them in a run and gun system. Nash was just to old for this type of play, Howard re-injured his back and when Kobe was left he was helping the team win games but D'antoni played him 39 minutes a game that year (2012 - 2013) think about that what coach does that especially when all the pressure was on Kobe to bring them into the playoffs (which he virtually did on his own that year) but got a career ending injury that year in his achilles he was never the same after that.

As far as I'm concerned he literally ran that team into the ground.

With that said we can see that regardless of what pieces are around D'antoni he will play his players the same way regardless so hopefully the rockets put the right pieces around that team so this isn't a complete disaster.

Chronz
05-27-2016, 11:28 AM
Which means that the next step is Morey going out the door.
Doubtful. As for the depth chart, i could see Dmo being the starting center next year barring an upgrade like Horford. Both of them could play together tho

Tony_Starks
05-27-2016, 11:32 AM
Rocket fans get ready for random benchings and throwing players under the bus. This is the same dude that put Nate Robinson in the doghouse, had a soap opera stand off with Marbury to favor Chris freaking Duhon, benched draft pick Jordan Hill for no reason and continued to diss him even when he moved on to the Rockets...came to LA and benched Gasol the first week, before bringing him back only to have him firing up threes.....

And don't let the media bring up defense or his reluctance to adjust his coaching style, it's nothing but quotables. Pissed off pompous quotables...

TheNumber37
05-27-2016, 11:58 AM
This teams need to be blown up then.

Harden should start at PG.

Chrisclover
05-27-2016, 09:20 PM
Mr Pringles meets Coward again. How Lakers fans have more to talk about them.

Chrisclover
05-27-2016, 09:21 PM
The Beard does fit his system since the system doesn't advocate any defense but to outscore their opponents which he been doing or stirring the pot his entire career. Now he gets to shoot it in less than 7 seconds so it's a win win on that front :nod:.
Genius!
Harden, the new season scoring champ.

Chrisclover
05-27-2016, 09:22 PM
They aren't gonna make the playoffs next year
Making the playoffs is relatively easy right now. See Portland.

Scoots
05-28-2016, 12:30 PM

I agree. Guys I respect respect D'Antoni and they say he does care about D, just not as much as O. It could be bad, it's probably going to be bad, but it's not going to all be on D'Antoni with that roster ... not even close.

Scoots
05-28-2016, 12:31 PM
Making the playoffs is relatively easy right now. See Portland.

I don't understand how people still don't see that Portland is a good team.

Vee-Rex
05-28-2016, 12:56 PM
Terrible hire IMO.

mightybosstone
05-28-2016, 02:12 PM

Well that's just not ****ing true. I'm not happy with the signing, but the main silver lining in this is that Harden fits D'Antoni's offense system extremely well. Anybody who has ever watched him coach and Harden play could see that.

And at least with D'Antoni, the Rockets will have an actual offensive system in place. I got so sick of watching them run around like chickens with their heads cut off all last season. It was pathetic. They didn't set screens. They didn't move without the ball. They didn't hit open shots. The whole offense was just Harden or bust, and the fact that they scored so many points was just a testament to Harden's skill on that end of the floor.

Now all they have to do is hire a great defensive assistant, add at least 2-3 competent 3-point shooters in addition to replacing Dwight's defense and acquiring a decnet No. 2 and then get the entire team to buy into playing quality team and transition defense. That'll be easy, right? FML.....

mightybosstone
05-28-2016, 02:15 PM
This teams need to be blown up then.

Harden should start at PG.

This I agree with. The only guys I would absolutely keep would be Harden, Capela and Beverley. I have no love for anyone else on the roster and would love if they could find a way to get rid of Brewer and even Ariza, who I'm sick of watching brick wide open corner 3s every ****ing night. Blow it up. Get guys who can rebound, defend and shoot 3s or at least guys who can shoot 3s if nothing else.

Scoots
05-28-2016, 02:44 PM
now all they have to do is hire a great defensive assistant, add at least 2-3 competent 3-point shooters in addition to replacing dwight's defense and acquiring a competent no. 2 and then get the entire team to buy into playing competent team and transition defense. That'll be easy, right? Fml.....

lol

ewing
05-28-2016, 07:06 PM
This I agree with. The only guys I would absolutely keep would be Harden, Capela and Beverley. I have no love for anyone else on the roster and would love if they could find a way to get rid of Brewer and even Ariza, who I'm sick of watching brick wide open corner 3s every ****ing night. Blow it up. Get guys who can rebound, defend and shoot 3s or at least guys who can shoot 3s if nothing else.

i think all 3 of those guys will fit very well with Mike. I also think Tevor, Dmo, and Brewer are good fits.

Saddletramp
05-28-2016, 07:28 PM
i think all 3 of those guys will fit very well with Mike. I also think Tevor, Dmo, and Brewer are good fits.

I do, too. Maybe not all as starters and not if they continue to not hit three's but those guy, especially Ariza and Brewer should fit in quite well.

We'll see, though.

still1ballin
05-28-2016, 07:52 PM
:dance:

CardinalRed24
05-29-2016, 02:20 PM
What exactly are they thinking here? Defense and lack of effort has been the main problem this season. And DAntoni failed miserably in his last few stints. This doesn't make too much sense to me.

BenFrank
05-29-2016, 03:23 PM

No love for Beasley? I would ad him to the group of guys u mentioned. How good has MD teams been as far as rebounding? I think that will be a key x-factor along with the defense