PDA

View Full Version : 2016 NBA Mock Draft

TylerSL
05-26-2016, 03:58 PM
With the lottery now set the draft order is determined and we are now less than a month away from the draft. Barring trades, which happen less every year it seems, the only thing left is for teams to make the picks. Unfortunately my Heat are not in it this year, so it's less fun, but it's always cool to predict where the stars of tomorrow are going. So here is my mock......

1. Philadelphia 76ers-Ben Simmons 6-9 225 lb SF/PF LSU
An easy pick and will be the early favorite favorite for Rookie of the Year. Simmons will probably play on the wing more as a SF as opposed to playing in the post, however if Philly ever goes small he should have little issue moving down a spot, especially later in his career. A once in a lifetime talent, similar to Lebron James. He won't have the pressure that Lebron had, as no prospect will ever have the pressure and expectations Lebron did. But he is a Lebron-esque talent, and will completely change the fate of any franchise he's on. The 76ers will finally see real progress when Simmons gets added to the mix.

2. Los Angeles Lakers-Brandon Ingram 6-8 200 lb SF/SG Duke
I believe the Lakers will very seriously consider taking Dragan Bender with the #2 pick because of the success of Kristaps Porzingis. However I have the Lakers picking Ingram because he's just too good to pass up. Simmons/Ingram are by far the best players in this draft and either of these teams would be mad to take anyone else. Ingram would seriously bring stability at the perimeter for the Lakers and could slide in as starter at either SG or SF next year. Hiring Luke Walton as coach and drafting Ingram will go a long way toward revitalizing the Laker organization/brand, now they just need to get that superstar in free agency (Kevin Durant?) and the Lakers will really be in a new era.

TRADE: I believe the Philadelphia 76ers will swap Jahlil Okafor and a future 1st round pick to the Celtics for the #3 pick. Boston needs an inside presence and the 76ers seemingly need everything but Center.

3.Philadelphia 76ers-Kris Dunn 6-4 215 lb PG Providence
Easily the best point guard in the draft and the 76ers NEED a point guard. They got screwed over last summer when the Lakers took D'Angelo. In hindsight, it would have been better for all parties had LA went with Okafor so Philly could have got Russell. With Dunn however, Philly finally gets their point guard who is very athletic and has all the makings to be a premiere point guard in the league one day. Simmons/Dunn would be a COMPLETELY change the aura of the Philadelphia 76ers and drastically improve their future. Obviously this wouldn't make them contenders, but if Simmons lives up to the hype, could they be a dark horse for a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference? If they pull this off I wouldn't bet against them just yet..

4. Phoenix Suns-Dragan Bender 7-0 225 lb PF/C Israel
Even though the media hypes him, this is probably too high for him but as I said earlier, teams will overrate him because of the success of Kristaps Porzingis. He's is neither the shooter that Porzingis is nor he the athlete that Porzingis is. He also doesn't have the experience of Porzingis. He is a very good passer however and may in time become a very complete player, but he is not the level of prospect Porzingis was, and should probably go in the 8-10 range to be honest.

5. Minnesota Timberwolves-Jaylen Brown 6-6 225 lb SG/SF California
Brown is the best athlete and has the highest potential between the three SG's of Jamal Murray, Buddy Hield, and Jaylen Brown in this class. The Timberwolves need a SG and take the best one available here as Brown is very athletic and strong for his age and position. He is strong enough to bully other wing players around the basket and can finish strong in the paint. He rates as a high level defender and will be one the top players in Minnesota immediately. Towns/Wiggins/Brown is a great future and the Timberwolves might be in the lottery one more year before they really start taking off. These wolves will be fun to watch very soon.

6. New Orleans Pelicans-Jamal Murray 6-4 200 lb SG/PG Kentucky
This is almost a coin toss between Murray and Buddy Hield out of Oklahoma. Both are natural shooting guards and good shooters. Hield is the better shooter but I had Murray go here for two reasons. First the age gap. Murray is a one-and-done player and will be only 19 years old at the start of next season where-as Hield will be 22, almost 23. Second reason is versatility. Murray can slide up to the PG spot when needed and play in more versatile lineups. He's also a more complete player as he can move well without the ball. The Pelicans need to get talent, especially perimeter talent, around Anthony Davis, and Murray is the best player available and fills a big need.

7. Denver Nuggets-Buddy Hield 6-5 215 lb SG Oklahoma
Denver falls into some good fortune with Buddy Hield. The best all around shooter in the draft, Hield would provide outside scoring and spread the floor. Hield will complete the Nugget backcourt and give them two nice building blocks in Mudiay/Hield. I feel those two would compliment each other well as Mudiay struggles with his shot, but can become a great floor general and Hield, who isn't known for passing or creating for others, is a terrific spot-up shooter. Obviously Denver has a ways to go, but they're getting there.

8. Sacramento Kings-Domantas Sabonis 6-10 240 lb PF/C Gonzaga
The Kings take another big in the lottery but it gives them a very strong core of post players as long as they keep Demarcus Cousins. Sabonis is a very good rebounder and strong defender. Offensively he can shoot and has good footwork in the post.

9. Toronto Raptors-Jakob Poeltl 7-1 245 lb C Utah
The Raptors shore up the Center position and Poeltl would be a nice back up for Valancuinas. More known for his effort and ability to knock down jumpers. High floor low ceiling type player.

10. Milwaukee Bucks-Marquese Chriss 6-8 225 lb PF Washington
Milwaukee takes the player with the highest ceiling left on the board as Chriss can become a top 5 player in the class. Has an above average jumper that constantly improves and a good rebounder. Very athletic which fits right into the Bucks mold.

11. Orlando Magic-Skal Labissiere 7-0 215 lb C Kentucky
Another defensive pick for Orlando, possibly a steal outside of the top 10

12. Utah Jazz-Malik Beasley 6-5 195 lb SG/PG Florida State
One of the best shooters will definitely help Utah score.

13. Phoenix Suns-Deyonta Davis 6-10 240 lb PF/C Michigan State

14. Chicago Bulls-Furkan Korkmaz 6-7 180 lb SG Turkey

15. Denver Nuggets-Dejounte Murray 6-5 175 lb PG/SG Washington

16. Memphis Grizzlies-Henry Ellenson 6-11 245 lb PF/C Marquette
Terrific for Memphis that Ellenson falls to them because he is made of the same stuff the Grizzlies are. He can also take over for the aging Zach Randolph

17. Boston Celtics-Denzel Valentine 6-5 215 lb PG/SG Michigan State
Amazing value pick, could become one of the best players in the draft

18. Detroit Pistons-Brice Johnson 6-10 210 lb PF North Carolina

19. Denver Nuggets-Stephen Zimmerman 6-11 240 lb PF/C UNLV

20. Indiana Pacers-Cheick Diallo 6-9 215 lb PF/C Kansas

21. Atlanta Hawks-Diamond Stone 6-10 250 lb C Maryland

22. Charlotte Hornets-Taurean Prince 6-7 215 lb SF/SG Baylor

23. Boston Celtics-Maliachi Richardson 6-5 200 lb SG Syracuse

24. Philadelphia 76ers-Patrick McCaw 6-6 185 lb PG/SG UNLV

25. Los Angeles Clippers-Timothe Luwawu 6-6 195 lb SG/SF France

26. Philadelphia 76ers-Tyler Ulis 5-10 160 lb PG Kentucky

27. Toronto Raptors-DeAndre Brembry 6-5 210 lb SG/SF St. Joseph's

28. Phoenix Suns-Damian Jones 6-11 245 lb C/PF Vanderbilt

29. San Antonio Spurs-Guerschon Yabusele 6-8 245 lb PF/C France

30. Golden State Warriors-Thon Maker 7-1 220 lb C Australia

celticsman2009
05-26-2016, 04:17 PM
With the lottery now set the draft order is determined and we are now less than a month away from the draft. Barring trades, which happen less every year it seems, the only thing left is for teams to make the picks. Unfortunately my Heat are not in it this year, so it's less fun, but it's always cool to predict where the stars of tomorrow are going. So here is my mock......

1. Philadelphia 76ers-Ben Simmons 6-9 225 lb SF/PF LSU
An easy pick and will be the early favorite favorite for Rookie of the Year. Simmons will probably play on the wing more as a SF as opposed to playing in the post, however if Philly ever goes small he should have little issue moving down a spot, especially later in his career. The 76ers will finally see real progress when Simmons gets added to the mix.

2. Los Angeles Lakers-Brandon Ingram 6-8 200 lb SF/SG Duke
I believe the Lakers will very seriously consider taking Dragan Bender with the #2 pick because of the success of Kristaps Porzingis. However I have the Lakers picking Ingram because he's just too good to pass up. Simmons/Ingram are by far the best players in this draft and either of these teams would be mad to take anyone else. Ingram would seriously bring stability at the perimeter for the Lakers and could slide in as starter at either SG or SF next year. Hiring Luke Walton as coach and drafting Ingram will go a long way toward revitalizing the Laker organization/brand, now they just need to get that superstar in free agency (Kevin Durant?) and the Lakers will really be in a new era.

TRADE: I believe the Philadelphia 76ers will swap Jahlil Okafor and a future 1st round pick to the Celtics for the #3 pick. Boston needs an inside presence and the 76ers seemingly need everything but Center.

3.Philadelphia 76ers-Kris Dunn 6-4 215 lb PG Providence
Easily the best point guard in the draft and the 76ers NEED a point guard. They got screwed over last summer when the Lakers took D'Angelo. In hindsight, it would have been better for all parties had LA went with Okafor so Philly could have got Russell. With Dunn however, Philly finally gets their point guard who is very athletic and has all the makings to be a premiere point guard in the league one day. Simmons/Dunn would be a COMPLETELY change the aura of the Philadelphia 76ers and drastically improve their future. Obviously this wouldn't make them contenders, but if Simmons lives up to the hype, could they be a dark horse for a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference? If they pull this off I wouldn't bet against them just yet..

4. Phoenix Suns-Dragan Bender 7-0 225 lb PF/C Israel
Even though the media hypes him, this is probably too high for him but as I said earlier, teams will overrate him because of the success of Kristaps Porzingis. He's is neither the shooter that Porzingis is nor he the athlete that Porzingis is. He also doesn't have the experience of Porzingis. He is a very good passer however and may in time become a very complete player, but he is not the level of prospect Porzingis was, and should probably go in the 8-10 range to be honest.

5. Minnesota Timberwolves-Jaylen Brown 6-6 225 lb SG/SF California
Brown is the best athlete and has the highest potential between the three SG's of Jamal Murray, Buddy Hield, and Jaylen Brown in this class. The Timberwolves need a SG and take the best one available here as Brown is very athletic and strong for his age and position. He is strong enough to bully other wing players around the basket and can finish strong in the paint. He rates as a high level defender and will be one the top players in Minnesota immediately. Towns/Wiggins/Brown is a great future and the Timberwolves might be in the lottery one more year before they really start taking off. These wolves will be fun to watch very soon.

6. New Orleans Pelicans-Jamal Murray 6-4 200 lb SG/PG Kentucky
This is almost a coin toss between Murray and Buddy Hield out of Oklahoma. Both are natural shooting guards and good shooters. Hield is the better shooter but I had Murray go here for two reasons. First the age gap. Murray is a one-and-done player and will be only 19 years old at the start of next season where-as Hield will be 22, almost 23. Second reason is versatility. Murray can slide up to the PG spot when needed and play in more versatile lineups. He's also a more complete player as he can move well without the ball. The Pelicans need to get talent, especially perimeter talent, around Anthony Davis, and Murray is the best player available and fills a big need.

7. Denver Nuggets-Buddy Hield 6-5 215 lb SG Oklahoma
Denver falls into some good fortune with Buddy Hield. The best all around shooter in the draft, Hield would provide outside scoring and spread the floor. Hield will complete the Nugget backcourt and give them two nice building blocks in Mudiay/Hield. I feel those two would compliment each other well as Mudiay struggles with his shot, but can become a great floor general and Hield, who isn't known for passing or creating for others, is a terrific spot-up shooter. Obviously Denver has a ways to go, but they're getting there.

8. Sacramento Kings-Domantas Sabonis 6-10 240 lb PF/C Gonzaga
The Kings take another big in the lottery but it gives them a very strong core of post players as long as they keep Demarcus Cousins. Sabonis is a very good rebounder and strong defender. Offensively he can shoot and has good footwork in the post.

9. Toronto Raptors-Jakob Poeltl 7-1 245 lb C Utah
The Raptors shore up the Center position and Poeltl would be a nice back up for Valancuinas. More known for his effort and ability to knock down jumpers. High floor low ceiling type player.

10. Milwaukee Bucks-Marquese Chriss 6-8 225 lb PF Washington
Milwaukee takes the player with the highest ceiling left on the board as Chriss can become a top 5 player in the class. Has an above average jumper that constantly improves and a good rebounder. Very athletic which fits right into the Bucks mold.

11. Orlando Magic-Skal Labissiere 7-0 215 lb C Kentucky
Another defensive pick for Orlando, possibly a steal outside of the top 10

12. Utah Jazz-Malik Beasley 6-5 195 lb SG/PG Florida State
One of the best shooters will definitely help Utah score.

13. Phoenix Suns-Deyonta Davis 6-10 240 lb PF/C Michigan State

14. Chicago Bulls-Furkan Korkmaz 6-7 180 lb SG Turkey

15. Denver Nuggets-Dejounte Murray 6-5 175 lb PG/SG Washington

16. Memphis Grizzlies-Henry Ellenson 6-11 245 lb PF/C Marquette
Terrific for Memphis that Ellenson falls to them because he is made of the same stuff the Grizzlies are. He can also take over for the aging Zach Randolph

17. Boston Celtics-Denzel Valentine 6-5 215 lb PG/SG Michigan State
Amazing value pick, could become one of the best players in the draft

18. Detroit Pistons-Brice Johnson 6-10 210 lb PF North Carolina

19. Denver Nuggets-Stephen Zimmerman 6-11 240 lb PF/C UNLV

20. Indiana Pacers-Cheick Diallo 6-9 215 lb PF/C Kansas

21. Atlanta Hawks-Diamond Stone 6-10 250 lb C Maryland

22. Charlotte Hornets-Taurean Prince 6-7 215 lb SF/SG Baylor

23. Boston Celtics-Maliachi Richardson 6-5 200 lb SG Syracuse

24. Philadelphia 76ers-Patrick McCaw 6-6 185 lb PG/SG UNLV

25. Los Angeles Clippers-Timothe Luwawu 6-6 195 lb SG/SF France

26. Philadelphia 76ers-Tyler Ulis 5-10 160 lb PG Kentucky

27. Toronto Raptors-DeAndre Brembry 6-5 210 lb SG/SF St. Joseph's

28. Phoenix Suns-Damian Jones 6-11 245 lb C/PF Vanderbilt

29. San Antonio Spurs-Guerschon Yabusele 6-8 245 lb PF/C France

30. Golden State Warriors-Thon Maker 7-1 220 lb C Australia

I'd rather the trade be for Noel than Okafor. Okafor is extremely bad defensively.

warfelg
05-26-2016, 04:59 PM
So trade Okafor for 3 to draft a PG..

...proceed to draft PGs with 24 and 26??

Luwawu and Brembry make much much more sense from picks 24 and 26.

GoferKing_
05-27-2016, 03:00 PM
I don't want Sabonis on the Kings... no no no no no no no ....

FlashBolt
05-27-2016, 03:03 PM
Sixers are a mess... they better hope Embiid is worth the wait because if he isn't, trading Okafor or Noel might be a mistake. Idk Embiid's trade value but he looks pretty good thus far. I think he has top 5 center potential. That length, young age, and height with his athleticism would be a beauty right now.

Scoots
05-31-2016, 10:09 AM
I can't believe the draft is in 3 weeks and the finals haven't started yet. It seems to me they could space it out a bit more.

Heediot
05-31-2016, 10:20 AM
Luwawu would be a wet dream for the Clippers.

Stunner
05-31-2016, 11:19 AM
I can't believe the draft is in 3 weeks and the finals haven't started yet. It seems to me they could space it out a bit more.

No cuz then free agency is soon after , I hate that NFL draft is so far after free agency . No need for the NBA to change plus unlike the NFL the NBA has summer league play and other stuff .

Stunner
05-31-2016, 11:20 AM
Me as a Bulls fan would like Taurean Prince / Baldwin / Davis one of those 3

LA4life24/8
05-31-2016, 06:20 PM
I'd love for the lakers to trade into the late 1st and be able to take thon maker. He's got a hell of an upside and a serious bust potential but LA could have a complete starting lineup if everyone developed-
Russel
Clarkson
Ingram
Randle
Maker

TheDish87
06-01-2016, 09:05 AM
as much as we need a PG i dont think the Sixers are going to swap Okafor for Dunn when Oak is 2 or 3 years younger and they certainly wont proceed to take 2 more PG's in the first round

Jetsguy
06-01-2016, 10:08 AM
Legit never heard of a bunch of these guys holy hell