PDA

View Full Version : Westbrook or Curry? Who is the best PG in the NBA?

ISIAH_THOMAS
05-24-2016, 11:51 PM
Who do you think is a better player?

lol, please
05-24-2016, 11:52 PM
The right answer is Curry.

Even if the Thunder end up winning the series - small sample size.

JordansBulls
05-24-2016, 11:54 PM
The player who just won unanimous MVP is the best player in the league.

GodsSon
05-24-2016, 11:56 PM
The player who just won unanimous MVP is the best player in the league.

Best player's in the league rise up to the occasion in the Conference Finals.

Best player's in the league win Finals MVP awards.

Curry is the new and improved version of Steve Nash from 04-06. That's still nothing to scoff at.

YAALREADYKNO
05-25-2016, 12:00 AM
Westbrook is better all around than curry but curry is still more lethal from the floor and can score in spurts better IMO

FlashBolt
05-25-2016, 12:00 AM
Curry for me but he's not the best player.

Aust
05-25-2016, 02:48 AM
Odd time to make this thread.

More-Than-Most
05-25-2016, 03:24 AM
Its def close... Not mad with either answer... I always go back to the same logic... Whos game does the most with the least and that is the better player always in my opinion.... That would be Westy in this comparison.

mgjohnson7851
05-25-2016, 04:55 AM
Westbrook is a triple double machine. Curry is a good shooter and ball handler.

mrblisterdundee
05-25-2016, 12:28 PM
Westbrook is better in a direct matchup with an injury-riddled and physically inferior Curry, but Curry is better when looking at how someone plays against the entire league on average.

Jayb587
05-25-2016, 12:41 PM
Westbrook is better in a direct matchup with an injury-riddled and physically inferior Curry, but Curry is better when looking at how someone plays against the entire league on average.

that's a good take and I agree if curry was 100% healthy he would put up a better fight. but in reality curry isn't better by much on the entire league average. westbrook had a been pretty dominant year himself.

Hawkeye15
05-25-2016, 12:52 PM
Curry. I am not so sure his knee is 100%, and I am not basing my opinion on just a handful of games versus 2 seasons worth

LanceUpperCut
05-25-2016, 01:09 PM
Curry rather easily for me. Westy is an athletic freak but Curry is a way better shooter not even remotely close and for all the Westbrook love right now lets not forget all the mental lapses he's had in the past. Curry is the much smarter player and right now he sure looks injured to me.

DboneG
05-26-2016, 02:03 PM
It depends on what you are looking for.
Shooting...Curry
Defense...Westbrook
Assist....Westbrook
Decision making....Curry Westbrook is closing the gap.
All around game....Westbrook

Westbrook has gotten better at making decisions, and he's hitting some 3pt shots. So, he's making the decision real hard. Going to the rim, he's like a pitbull that just got out the gate in tha hood. Mean!

Cramerica
05-26-2016, 03:47 PM
As poster above stated, depends what you're looking for. Westbrook averaged way more assists per game during the 2015-2016 season. He's also better at defense. But he also has tendencies to start shooting bad shots, missing, and then not stopping. Curry is a good passer when things go his way. His team's style isn't really setup to be an assist monster. If I went on my gut feeling, I'd go with Westbrook because he's got an extra year in the league, is physically more demanding, and has the sense to "turn it on" in multiple facets of his game. But Curry would be a good pick as well.

If you don't have the right team setup though, neither would be as effective as where they're at now.

FOXHOUND
05-26-2016, 03:53 PM
Curry, but Westbrook is hardly a slouch.

Oefarmy2005
05-26-2016, 03:58 PM
It's a similar question to Duncan or KG. Duncan was a better offensive player, but KG was a better all around player. In this case it's very similar. Curry is a better offensive player, but all around, I honestly believe Westbrook is a better player. Always voted for KG(yes, part of it is homerism, but I think it's a common notion that KG was superior all around), so voted for Westbrook here. Basically, if Curry isn't scoring he doesn't effect the game very much with anything else(and yes, I know he is a pretty good passer and OK defender). I feel like Westbrooks tenacity and demeanor is what sets him apart.

ChicagoJ
05-26-2016, 09:03 PM
Both great players. For me the assists, scoring, rebounding, althleticism, and killer drive puts Westbrook as the better player. I don think there has been a player like him before. His greatness gets overshadowed by other players, but the guy is special. Curry is unique too, maybe the best pure shooter the league has ever seen, and the better offensive player of the two.

TylerSL
05-27-2016, 04:49 AM
Westbrook is too boom or bust for my liking. At his best, sure. He's better than Curry. However, at his worst he's a lot worse, and those spells happen way too often, IMO. He will pepper his season with games where he shoots 5/20 with 8 turnovers. I'll take the more consistent player any day.

jason
05-29-2016, 12:24 AM
It's Curry

Wade n Fade
05-29-2016, 12:28 AM
Westbrook. Westbrook is more athletic, a bigger triple double threat, and a better two way player.

raiderposting
05-29-2016, 12:49 AM
Westbrook. Westbrook is more athletic, a bigger triple double threat, and a better two way player.

Lol

Monta is beast
05-29-2016, 12:52 AM
1 championship
2 mvps

0 championships
0 mvps

Hmmmmm

giantspwn
05-29-2016, 01:06 AM
This is a question?

I'll take the unanimous mvp. Curry's skill trumps Westbrook's athleticism any day. Westbrook is a horrible shooter compared to Curry. Westbrook is a walking turnover. Both can dish the ball, Curry just doesn't get as much credit because the Warriors move the ball better than the Thunder which is why he leads the league in secondary assists.

jason
05-29-2016, 01:28 AM
This is a question?

I'll take the unanimous mvp. Curry's skill trumps Westbrook's athleticism any day. Westbrook is a horrible shooter compared to Curry. Westbrook is a walking turnover. Both can dish the ball, Curry just doesn't get as much credit because the Warriors move the ball better than the Thunder which is why he leads the league in secondary assists.
Exactly Currys pass usually doesn't lead to assist because they usually make another pass for better shot

Scoots
05-29-2016, 01:37 AM
Curry this season was a better defender than Westbrook. Westbrook's athleticism allows him to be a better defender, but he doesn't do it often enough to get credit for it from me.