PDA

View Full Version : Is Curry intimidated by Russ?

ewing
05-24-2016, 11:47 PM
I would be

Phantom Dreamer
05-24-2016, 11:48 PM
He's not in his league.

lol, please
05-24-2016, 11:50 PM
:facepalm:

JordansBulls
05-24-2016, 11:53 PM
Hell no he is not, but I am sure Russ is sick and tired of the shot Curry hit on them in the season and then him dancing after it.

ewing
05-24-2016, 11:55 PM
:facepalm:

what? We have the same thread for Bron and people take it serious. Russ is ****ing nuclear, physically he is a beast, and has motor no one can match. you telling me when the game gets hectic that dude isn't intimidating? Russ is in Curry's head right now, he's got to respond.

Bostonjorge
05-24-2016, 11:56 PM
Westbrook is borderline bullying the poor kid

WaDe03
05-25-2016, 12:00 AM
Yea he's terrified and I'm 100% serious. His physicality and motor are just way too much for Curry. Westbrook is built like a grown man while Curry is built like a high school basketball player.

FlashBolt
05-25-2016, 12:01 AM
Curry going to be checking for WB under the bed before he sleeps

MTL_123
05-25-2016, 12:02 AM
well the last 2 games especially today it sure looks like it

Avenged
05-25-2016, 12:05 AM
Yes.

ewing
05-25-2016, 12:05 AM
Yea he's terrified and I'm 100% serious. His physicality and motor are just way too much for Curry. Westbrook is built like a grown man while Curry is built like a high school basketball player.

i agree and i don't think its like Curry cant turn it around. He is an awesome player but Russ is setting the tone right now.

chi-townlove1
05-25-2016, 12:14 AM

i agree and i don't think its like Curry cant turn it around. He is an awesome player but Russ is setting the tone right now.

That's the most level headed thing anyone's said about this entire situation. Everyone jumping to ****ing extremes and ****. Steph is incredible. But so is Russell. RIGHT NOW, Russ is setting the tone. Plane and simple. And curry hasn't been able to keep up. People need to stop with the whole one is great, the other is not, and just appreciate this. I DESPISE the NBA. but tonight, for the first time these playoffs, I turned on the tv to watch the game because I was seeing updates about how well the thunder are playing. And you know, it was a relief to see it.

FOXHOUND
05-25-2016, 12:24 AM
I haven't seen a player who is intimidated, I've seen a player who is just getting outplayed by another great player. He hasn't shied away from the shots he normally takes or anything like that and today is a good example of him missing a good handful or so that he normally drills. Just good looks from 3 that he didn't hit.

Now Draymond Green, there's a player who looks intimidated. He at least grabbed boards today but he's still completely lost on offense and keeps resorting to dirty plays like tripping Kanter. Ibaka and Adams have him shook.

eDush
05-25-2016, 12:26 AM
Curry is not intimidated by anyone!

FlashBolt
05-25-2016, 12:27 AM
I haven't seen a player who is intimidated, I've seen a player who is just getting outplayed by another great player. He hasn't shied away from the shots he normally takes or anything like that and today is a good example of him missing a good handful or so that he normally drills. Just good looks from 3 that he didn't hit.

Now Draymond Green, there's a player who looks intimidated. He at least grabbed boards today but he's still completely lost on offense and keeps resorting to dirty plays like tripping Kanter. Ibaka and Adams have him shook.

Curry also tripped Westbrook.. Curry also looks lost.. so what argument do you realistically have? Curry is playing with zero confidence. That happens when you are intimidated.

ewing
05-25-2016, 12:31 AM
That's the most level headed thing anyone's said about this entire situation. Everyone jumping to ****ing extremes and ****. Steph is incredible. But so is Russell. RIGHT NOW, Russ is setting the tone. Plane and simple. And curry hasn't been able to keep up. People need to stop with the whole one is great, the other is not, and just appreciate this. I DESPISE the NBA. but tonight, for the first time these playoffs, I turned on the tv to watch the game because I was seeing updates about how well the thunder are playing. And you know, it was a relief to see it.

few dudes don't get intimidated. Reggie Miller comes to mind, MJ, Dirk, I am sure there are others but they are few and far b/t. Thing is i get the feeling Curry needs go outside himself if his team is going to win. I don't think Bron get intimidated often but he also doesn't often go outside himself. I think Curry often is like that too and I think GS needs a lot from Curry, They need an MJ performance where not only isn't he intimidated he goes and wreaks ****.

Laker Legend42
05-25-2016, 12:46 AM
I don't think he's intimidated. This is what happens when you can't just think about your offense. You also have to worry about that other dude (Russell Westbrook) when he has the ball. He puts a lot of pressure on whoever has to guard him. It's like when Derrick fisher was put against Allen overs on in game one of the finals. Fisher was no offensive force but thinking about inversion shook his entire game. Golden stats likes to run and so do the thunder and there is no one in Oakland or San Francisco that can keep up with Westbrook.

Redrum187
05-25-2016, 01:45 AM
Curry is terrified of Westbrook. Westbrook and Roberson are "locking up Curry like a prisoner." I wouldn't be surprised if Curry places his daughter in front of Westbrook as a decoy while he runs away crying.

Redrum187
05-25-2016, 01:47 AM
eDush, aren't you glad you traded for Westbrook in the ATRD? lol

mgjohnson7851
05-25-2016, 05:00 AM
I mean Westbrook is man handling him to the point that the only logical answer is that Curry is flat out intimidated by him.

PurpleLynch
05-25-2016, 06:48 AM
I wouldn't say "intimidated",I just see a player gone berserk(RW) who is outplaying his counterpart in the WCF.

I mean,would you say that Robinson(the MVP of that season) was intimidated by Olajuwon in 1995? I personally think no,Hakeem just destroyed him. It happens,even to the best players of the Nba.

DboneG
05-25-2016, 07:41 AM
No Curry is not intimidated by Westbrook.

Curry could be playing a little hurt, Curry could be burned out a bit. GSW has played a lot of games up to this point. OKC has found an exploit in Curry's game. Defense. The TV announcers pointed this out. Who ever Curry is guarding that player goes on attack on offense. RWS went on a mad attack on Curry, then Curry switched to Andre Roberson...and he was successful. Give Billy Donovan credit here! Donovan is doing a superb job up to this point...Hack-a-Ezeli, slowed the game down in the 3rd quarter(knowing they couldn't be on attack mode for the whole game) He's out coaching the coach of the year. And Westbrook is out playing the unanimous MVP.

Stephen Curry 'Playing At 70 Percent, At Best'
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=410793

RLundi
05-25-2016, 07:50 AM
Scurry.

D-Leethal
05-25-2016, 07:59 AM
Curry is Westbrooks little sister.

D-Leethal
05-25-2016, 08:01 AM
Russ is definitely setting the tone, Curry hasn't responded. Russ is going full blown alpha on Curry and Curry is accepting it like a passive *****.

D-Leethal
05-25-2016, 08:16 AM
I'm scared for Curry just watching. I wouldn't want to check a rabid pit bull like that either.

ewing
05-25-2016, 08:47 AM
I wouldn't say "intimidated",I just see a player gone berserk(RW) who is outplaying his counterpart in the WCF.

I mean,would you say that Robinson(the MVP of that season) was intimidated by Olajuwon in 1995? I personally think no,Hakeem just destroyed him. It happens,even to the best players of the Nba.

Yes Drob was a ***** that regularly disappeared in the playoffs

FlashBolt
05-25-2016, 09:02 AM
No Curry is not intimidated by Westbrook.

Curry could be playing a little hurt, Curry could be burned out a bit. GSW has played a lot of games up to this point. OKC has found an exploit in Curry's game. Defense. The TV announcers pointed this out. Who ever Curry is guarding that player goes on attack on offense. RWS went on a mad attack on Curry, then Curry switched to Andre Roberson...and he was successful. Give Billy Donovan credit here! Donovan is doing a superb job up to this point...Hack-a-Ezeli, slowed the game down in the 3rd quarter(knowing they couldn't be on attack mode for the whole game) He's out coaching the coach of the year. And Westbrook is out playing the unanimous MVP.

GSW has played a lot of games up to this point but how many has Curry played? And a lot of games? what do you even mean? OKC went up against the Spurs.. Curry played 2.5 games before playing OKC in the postseason. And Kerr is not the coach of the year.. you are seeing that clearly here. He's making zero adjustments thus far. Barnes has been pretty consistent yet he gets so few shots. He's getting zero plays setup for him.

TheNumber37
05-25-2016, 09:31 AM
He's not intimidated, he's just physically outmatched.

But ALL of OKC appears to have watch all the available tape on Curry, as a team they have collectively took him out of rhythm.

DboneG
05-25-2016, 09:42 AM
GSW has played a lot of games up to this point but how many has Curry played? And a lot of games? what do you even mean? OKC went up against the Spurs.. Curry played 2.5 games before playing OKC in the postseason. And Kerr is not the coach of the year.. you are seeing that clearly here. He's making zero adjustments thus far. Barnes has been pretty consistent yet he gets so few shots. He's getting zero plays setup for him.

I'm looking at Curry, and he don't have that swagger/Chip that he normally plays with. Curry is not 100% IMO. Curry is out there...he's not beat up like Steve Adams. The long season is taking it's toll on him.
Right! Barnes had a hot hand for a moment in the game, and Steve Kerr didn't recognized or ride the hot hand.

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-25-2016, 10:37 AM
He's not intimidated by him, but he can't guard him.

WaDe03
05-25-2016, 12:00 PM
Nobody plays with swagger when they're getting locked up.

mrblisterdundee
05-25-2016, 12:23 PM
Curry also tripped Westbrook.. Curry also looks lost.. so what argument do you realistically have? Curry is playing with zero confidence. That happens when you are intimidated.

That also happens when you're being outmatched by a physically superior opponent. It's not a matter of being intimidated. It's a matter of knowing someone's faster and stronger than you. These are matchup issues, not psychoses.

Vee-Rex
05-25-2016, 12:26 PM
Russ is eating that kid's lunch, that's for sure.

Jayb587
05-25-2016, 12:45 PM

I agree with that. if barnes is the max player some believe him to be, he needs to step up and do something more while his teammates are getting beat down. part of that is on kerr part is on barnes.

cmellofan15
05-25-2016, 12:48 PM
I'm scared for Curry just watching. I wouldn't want to check a rabid pit bull like that either.

it doesn't help that Curry is playing like a poodle

FOXHOUND
05-25-2016, 12:56 PM
Was Westbrook intimidated by Curry in games 1 and 2 when he went 7-21 and 5-14 while Curry went 9-22 with 6 3's and 9-15 with 5? Curry outplayed Westbrook in games 1 and 2 and Westbrook has outplayed Curry in games 3 and 4. Some of you are WAY too excited that Curry had one really bad game lol.

Curry is shooting 42% in this series. Westbrook is shooting 42% in this series. Some of you are acting like he's shooting 32% and ignoring the fact that OKC's entire team is working to stop him. They aren't playing 1 on 1 in the park, have some chill.

Saddletramp
05-25-2016, 01:49 PM
Scurry.

lol. That's pretty good.

ewing
05-25-2016, 01:52 PM
Was Westbrook intimidated by Curry in games 1 and 2 when he went 7-21 and 5-14 while Curry went 9-22 with 6 3's and 9-15 with 5? Curry outplayed Westbrook in games 1 and 2 and Westbrook has outplayed Curry in games 3 and 4. Some of you are WAY too excited that Curry had one really bad game lol.

Curry is shooting 42% in this series. Westbrook is shooting 42% in this series. Some of you are acting like he's shooting 32% and ignoring the fact that OKC's entire team is working to stop him. They aren't playing 1 on 1 in the park, have some chill.

I'm guessing you forgot that Russ took over game one and completely dominated the 2nd half.

JLynn943
05-25-2016, 02:48 PM

Yeah, I'm a little curious about this. I mean, it took an assistant coach last year to tell Kerr to play small ball against the Cavs in the finals. People on here were calling for it, the media was calling for it, and Kerr needed someone else to realize it for him. It should have been obvious. Maybe he's not that good at making adjustments. I honestly don't know. I don't watch them enough to know for sure.

Tony_Starks
05-25-2016, 03:27 PM
It's funny because I could've swore one of the supposed knocks against Russ before this was he was some sort of horrible defender...in Fact, I could've swore I saw some sort of thread not too long ago entitled "how Bad a defender is Westbrook".....

eDush
05-25-2016, 03:43 PM
Wrong...he's only intimidated by Russ teammate 70s p*** stache as someone else has stated:nod:.

Redrum187
05-25-2016, 03:44 PM
Westbrook could fondle Curry's wife and I doubt Curry would do anything about it at this point.

http://i.imgur.com/KOzB66e.jpg

eDush
05-25-2016, 04:22 PM
Westbrook could fondle Curry's wife and I doubt Curry would do anything about it at this point.

http://i.imgur.com/KOzB66e.jpgDude I regret giving you Mullin after that uncalled quip on Curry :pity:

Redrum187
05-25-2016, 04:30 PM
Dude I regret giving you Mullin after that uncalled quip on Curry :pity:

I sort of regret it too... Westbrook is beasting it up this series! You won the trade bro.

DboneG
05-25-2016, 05:15 PM
I'm looking at Curry, and he don't have that swagger/Chip that he normally plays with. Curry is not 100% IMO. Curry is out there...he's not beat up like Steve Adams. The long season is taking it's toll on him.
Right! Barnes had a hot hand for a moment in the game, and Steve Kerr didn't recognized or ride the hot hand.

Saddletramp
05-25-2016, 05:18 PM

http://i.imgur.com/KOzB66e.jpg

That's awesome. And probably true.

Redrum187
05-25-2016, 05:32 PM
That's awesome. And probably true.

lol Thanks. I probably should have done a better job cropping. It only took about 30 seconds to do though.

COOLbeans
05-25-2016, 06:57 PM

Kerr is struggling imo

xxplayerxx23
05-25-2016, 11:30 PM
Lol what a joke . Curry has played bad but that's insane. People are just crazy

LA_Raiders
05-26-2016, 12:05 AM
Not intimidated, but he is playing better than anybody in this poffs

Chronz
05-26-2016, 12:45 AM
Must we play psychological games every time a star outperforms another?

FlashBolt
05-26-2016, 10:26 AM

How convenient that a source "close" to Curry says he is playing at 70 percent. How do you even judge that percentage? Because he's missing shots, we deduct 20% from him being healthy? Give me a break. Stop making excuses for the guy. He missed WIDE OPEN shots. He played 40 MINUTES. I'll say this, he probably isn't healthy but I don't think that's the reason he is struggling entirely. It has more to do with us just destroying the Warriors physically and mentally.

Tony_Starks
05-26-2016, 10:28 AM
If Bird intimated Magic in '84 does that mean Magic intimidated him back in '85?

Was Shaq intimidated by the Dream when they got swept in the Finals?

How is it possible that Shaq ended up to be the better player when Hakeem made a mockery of him in the Finals?

Was MJ overrated when he kept getting beat down by the Bad Boys? Or did he use that as motivation to get better?

Did Kobe get exposed when he couldn't will his team to victory against the Celtics? How did he make it back to the Finals to avenge the loss?

Does Tommy from Martin really have a job or was he a drug dealer?

The questions....

FlashBolt
05-26-2016, 10:41 AM
If Bird intimated Magic in '84 does that mean Magic intimidated him back in '85?

Was Shaq intimidated by the Dream when they got swept in the Finals?

How is it possible that Shaq ended up to be the better player when Hakeem made a mockery of him in the Finals?

Was MJ overrated when he kept getting beat down by the Bad Boys? Or did he use that as motivation to get better?

Did Kobe get exposed when he couldn't will his team to victory against the Celtics? How did he make it back to the Finals to avenge the loss?

Does Tommy from Martin really have a job or was he a drug dealer?

The questions....

No, this is a valid question. Russ has looked like a terrifying monster when he attacks while Curry hasn't replied back in the single bit. It's entirely plausible for someone to be terrified of another player on the court and lose confidence. I'm not saying he is but to dismiss this question is silly.

Munkeysuit
05-26-2016, 10:45 AM
Curry is not intimidated, but Russ is a beast and Curry has absolutely no answer if his shot isn't falling, Curry needs to be more well rounded or teams will figure him out really fast.

ewing
05-26-2016, 11:18 AM
Must we play psychological games every time a star outperforms another?

if one is more manly

Tony_Starks
05-26-2016, 11:58 AM
No, this is a valid question. Russ has looked like a terrifying monster when he attacks while Curry hasn't replied back in the single bit. It's entirely plausible for someone to be terrified of another player on the court and lose confidence. I'm not saying he is but to dismiss this question is silly.

Curry isn't scared. He's already given Russ the business on numerous occasions.

I would say the team, as a whole, is shook.

They are used to running people out of the gym, running up 20 point leads and clowning, and the tables got turned on them.

I expect a different story tonight, they'll send it back to OKC.