PDA

View Full Version : Is Lebron scared of Biyombo?

Nick O
05-24-2016, 01:32 AM
I have never seen Lebron shy away from taking the ball at anyone, last game Biz called him on and he refused, today there were plenty of 1 on 1 opportunities and he never took them. s biyombo in his head?

Jayb587
05-24-2016, 02:38 AM
obviously biyombo is in his head. hes probably not actually scared tho. just second guessing himself. No wade or riley around anymore to remind him how great he is.

lol, please
05-24-2016, 02:56 AM
I didn't want to believe it after game 3, I thought it would be an isolated incident, but after game 4, I am convinced Lebron is shook. I don't think he comes at him one time the rest of the series, even if it's a time of desperation.

nastynice
05-24-2016, 03:40 AM
Why's he scared? What did biyombo do?

HandsOnTheWheel
05-24-2016, 03:50 AM
Terrified.

IKAZ
05-24-2016, 04:11 AM

he did this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v380rlzNaCI

Jamiecballer
05-24-2016, 07:28 AM
It doesn't make you scared to recognize something is not in your best interest and to make another choice

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

BlueandWhite
05-24-2016, 07:29 AM
he did this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v380rlzNaCI

IF the raptors pull off the miracle, Does Lebron leave Cleveland?

Probably wait until Biyombo signs so he can avoid his conference. haha

R. Johnson#3
05-24-2016, 08:50 AM
It doesn't make you scared to recognize something is not in your best interest and to make another choice

I agree but Biz has definitely made LBJ second guess himself even when Biz isn't around. Lebron got the ball 3 times in a row in the post with Lowry defending him late in the 4th. Every single time he dished it. When you're the best player in the World and you have a guy who's much smaller and weighs about 60 lbs less than you it should be a no brainer as what to do. That's when I truly started to believe that LBJ is rattled.

ghettosean
05-24-2016, 09:04 AM

I agree but Biz has definitely made LBJ second guess himself even when Biz isn't around. Lebron got the ball 3 times in a row in the post with Lowry defending him late in the 4th. Every single time he dished it. When you're the best player in the World and you have a guy who's much smaller and weighs about 60 lbs less than you it should be a no brainer as what to do. That's when I truly started to believe that LBJ is rattled.

Yeah I saw that but to be fair Patterson was waiting in the paint as a help defender if LBJ drove to the basket but either way he should have taken advantage of the mismatch.

R. Johnson#3
05-24-2016, 09:08 AM
Yeah I saw that but to be fair Patterson was waiting in the paint as a help defender if LBJ drove to the basket but either way he should have taken advantage of the mismatch.

There was one occasion when he was there but the 2 other times he made the pass pretty quick after a dribble or two.

Hawkeye15
05-24-2016, 09:49 AM
he is terrified

Tony_Starks
05-24-2016, 10:35 AM
He's not but I am, dude looks like a damn crocodile!

aman_13
05-24-2016, 10:40 AM
He's not scared, come on. He just respects his shot blocking ability and not forcing it. He's forcing the Raps to help and then kicking it out.

mrblisterdundee
05-24-2016, 10:46 AM

Bismack Biyombo is 1 inch taller and 5 pounds lighter. Where exactly did you get 60 pounds lighter and much smaller? That's like comparing LeBron James to Stephen Curry.
James is not scared of anyone in the NBA. He's a smart player and realizes that Biyombo's length, which makes him bigger than James, will give him trouble. Guys like Biyombo and Serge Ibaka are the perfect players to guard against James' drives.

R. Johnson#3
05-24-2016, 10:52 AM
Bismack Biyombo is 1 inch taller and 5 pounds lighter. Where exactly did you get 60 pounds lighter and much smaller? That's like comparing LeBron James to Stephen Curry.
James is not scared of anyone in the NBA. He's a smart player and realizes that Biyombo's length, which makes him bigger than James, will give him trouble. Guys like Biyombo and Serge Ibaka are the perfect players to guard against James' drives.

Please re-read my post. The 2nd sentence in particular.

TO Rapz
05-24-2016, 10:57 AM

:laugh: He's talking about Kyle Lowry bro. Lebron had Lowry isolated down in the post 1 on 1 2-3 times down the stretch when the Cavs went to a high pick and roll to get the switch much like what the Raptors were doing with DeRozan on the other end.

Lebron saw the help coming from Patt/Biz and passed it up. Lebron has had atleast 5-6 times where he's had Biz on an island, 1 on 1, no help, complete ISO and he's passed it up.

Maybe Lebron isn't scared but Biz is in his head. Biz is in all their heads because they know if they attack the paint right now, they might end up on sportscentre top 10. If the officiating was even remotely fair, it would have been that much better. Clean block yesterday, clean block in game 3. Pathetic officiating.

M.I.A.
05-24-2016, 11:15 AM
The Hawks pissed me off. I wanted Horford or Milsap to take Lebron down when he drives the lane but the Hawks play too soft. The only way to game manage Lebron is to knock him down on the hardwood whenever he drives the lane.

D-Leethal
05-24-2016, 11:18 AM
Hibbert had a similar effect on him a couple years ago. I remember LeBron worked on his floater to avoid meeting him at the rim. Biyombo has sonned him multiple times already at the rim.

MarkieMark48
05-24-2016, 11:52 AM
:laugh: He's talking about Kyle Lowry bro. Lebron had Lowry isolated down in the post 1 on 1 2-3 times down the stretch when the Cavs went to a high pick and roll to get the switch much like what the Raptors were doing with DeRozan on the other end.

Lebron saw the help coming from Patt/Biz and passed it up. Lebron has had atleast 5-6 times where he's had Biz on an island, 1 on 1, no help, complete ISO and he's passed it up.

Maybe Lebron isn't scared but Biz is in his head. Biz is in all their heads because they know if they attack the paint right now, they might end up on sportscentre top 10. If the officiating was even remotely fair, it would have been that much better. Clean block yesterday, clean block in game 3. Pathetic officiating.

what was your opinion about the Lowry steal of Lebron towards the end of the game last night?

lol, please
05-24-2016, 12:40 PM

Not sure if you're serious bro....have you even been watching this series? It's been a million times better than our own. Biyombo has taken Lebron's soul, devoured it, shat it out, and fed it to him.

FOXHOUND
05-24-2016, 12:51 PM
Those post ups on Lowry gave me flashbacks of the 2011 Finals when he was scared of posting Barea, although that was obviously much worse.

Kyben36
05-24-2016, 01:25 PM
happened to rose his mvp season against the i beleive pacers. mcroberts was a d bag and fouled rose hard a few times got into his head, its nice to see somebody do the same to lebron.nobody has tried to really foul him hard due to his size and the nba today. michael had to deal with it and kept going, i would like to see more of how lebron would act under these situations, but personally, i think he would have major issued.

M.I.A.
05-24-2016, 01:54 PM
Not sure if you're serious bro....have you even been watching this series? It's been a million times better than our own. Biyombo has taken Lebron's soul, devoured it, shat it out, and fed it to him.

It's about time somebody did.

bucketss
05-24-2016, 02:10 PM
bismack isn't even fouling him hard hes meeting him at the rim for clean blocks. lebron was afraid to miss or get blocked. that block he made on love, i think that made love depressed.

TO Rapz
05-24-2016, 02:13 PM
what was your opinion about the Lowry steal of Lebron towards the end of the game last night?

Kyle definitely accidentally hit his forearm/biceps instead of getting a lot of the ball. Then on the play at the other end, Kyle knew Lebron would block anything he put up, so he was either going to

a) pump fake and draw contact or b) back in and draw contact

Either way, he knew what he was doing and he obviously put the pressure on the refs because they can't not clal that. He flopped a bit.

I'm not saying Lowry doesn't flop. I've criticised that part of his game quite a bit, however, how about last game? All three of Lowry's fouls were not fouls. Lebron flopped harder than Kyle Lowry did when Kyle Lowry supposedly "shoved" him, but he barely even touched him in the back. Lebron has 60 pounds and 10 inches on Kyle and flopped, which drew Kyle's 3rd foul and made him sit. The first foul was a charge. The 2nd foul he got ball, some say he got JRs wrist a little. The 2nd foul is the only one that's debatable.

My point is, this is a case of two situations evening out, Lebrons flop to get Kyle in foul trouble and out of the game in game 3, and Kyle's flop yesterday. But this is just one situation, the rest have ALL been in the Cavs favour. It's not even close, the Cavs went two FULL QUARTERsS, game 3

WaDe03
05-24-2016, 02:36 PM
Come on man, he's not scared of anybody. You're more than likely never going to listen what your defender tell you to do and if he goes head to head its going to be a foul on one of them more than likely and possibly and injury with those 2 big *** bodies colliding. You just pick and choose your spots against shot blockers like Biyombo like LeBrons baseline drive against him last game.

WaDe03
05-24-2016, 02:39 PM
Didn't LeBron lose a little weight and bulk whenever he went back to Cleveland? He should've never done that, he was literally unstoppable in any situation. It's also baffling to me how far his jump shot and free throws have fell off, he's obviously not been getting up shots in practice or his change of body has thrown him off.

ManningToTyree
05-24-2016, 04:04 PM
Lebron has his wife check under his bed for Bismack

mnatiq
05-24-2016, 04:43 PM

LOL, don't even try and use the bad officiating card in the cavs favor. I've never seen a team (cavs) get so many one sided calls in their favor, its honestly very embarrassing for the NBA. I noticed it, all the commentators noticed it, fans noticed it.

TheNumber37
05-24-2016, 05:12 PM
It would be so good for basketball if the Raptors defeat the Cavs.

Toronto would officially be on the Map.
The Cavs would have to retool, proving their design is flawed, and Lebron MIGHT walk.

Cavs should trade Kyrie for Cp3

kidfury
05-24-2016, 05:24 PM
I think Lebron has a bully's mentality. Someone just as big and strong isn't showing any fear and backing down from him. Lebron may not be 'scared' but he definitely notices a difference when staring down Biyombo as compared to the majority of the nba. So far Lebron is handling it in the sterotypical way a bully handles that situation. Kind of reminds me of kevin garnett sometimes

numba1CHANGsta
05-24-2016, 05:27 PM
LeChicken is afraid of everyone, that's why he hides behind his buddies the referees to protect him

TheNumber37
05-24-2016, 06:12 PM
I think Lebron has a bully's mentality. Someone just as big and strong isn't showing any fear and backing down from him. Lebron may not be 'scared' but he definitely notices a difference when staring down Biyombo as compared to the majority of the nba. So far Lebron is handling it in the sterotypical way a bully handles that situation. Kind of reminds me of kevin garnett sometimes

Lebron is no bully.

Lebron is the biggest, strongest, most athletic non intimidating person in NBA history. He does not have the mean streak that would allow it.

If Lebron were mentally like Artest, he'd have 5 rings

kidfury
05-24-2016, 07:22 PM
Lebron is no bully.

Lebron is the biggest, strongest, most athletic non intimidating person in NBA history. He does not have the mean streak that would allow it.

If Lebron were mentally like Artest, he'd have 5 rings

ok bully maybe the wrong word to use since he doesn't show malice but he does use his imposing physical attributes to dominate the game as he should. When faced with the few in the game that can come close to matching him physically, I think everyone can see it alters his game. He shys away from the confrontation rather than attack it. It may be considered good tactics to attack elsewhere but when the 'big man' backs away from another 'big man', people will come forward with their opinions which generally would be the 'King' should face his challenger.

MarkieMark48
05-24-2016, 08:26 PM
Kyle definitely accidentally hit his forearm/biceps instead of getting a lot of the ball. Then on the play at the other end, Kyle knew Lebron would block anything he put up, so he was either going to

a) pump fake and draw contact or b) back in and draw contact

Either way, he knew what he was doing and he obviously put the pressure on the refs because they can't not clal that. He flopped a bit.

I'm not saying Lowry doesn't flop. I've criticised that part of his game quite a bit, however, how about last game? All three of Lowry's fouls were not fouls. Lebron flopped harder than Kyle Lowry did when Kyle Lowry supposedly "shoved" him, but he barely even touched him in the back. Lebron has 60 pounds and 10 inches on Kyle and flopped, which drew Kyle's 3rd foul and made him sit. The first foul was a charge. The 2nd foul he got ball, some say he got JRs wrist a little. The 2nd foul is the only one that's debatable.

My point is, this is a case of two situations evening out, Lebrons flop to get Kyle in foul trouble and out of the game in game 3, and Kyle's flop yesterday. But this is just one situation, the rest have ALL been in the Cavs favour. It's not even close, the Cavs went two FULL QUARTERsS, game 3

Kyle Def got fouled by lebron when he slowed down for the layup, no question, it was a smart play... but he got all arm and no ball on the steal, no questions, pretty pivotal turnover. Not complaining bc LeBron needs to protect the ball a little better than what he was just palming it with one hand like that

mrblisterdundee
05-24-2016, 09:02 PM
Please re-read my post. The 2nd sentence in particular.

Woops. Well that answers that.

prodigy
05-25-2016, 04:45 AM
I have never seen Lebron shy away from taking the ball at anyone, last game Biz called him on and he refused, today there were plenty of 1 on 1 opportunities and he never took them. s biyombo in his head?

smh... no. leBron has faced bigger and better players.

BUT also has stressed many times he gets hammered driving inside and refs are just not calling fouls. There's only so much one man can take. Because of the horrible officiating we've seen Lebron has to find other ways.

Lets not forget Lebron lived in the paint first 2 games.

prodigy
05-25-2016, 04:51 AM
It would be so good for basketball if the Raptors defeat the Cavs.

Toronto would officially be on the Map.
The Cavs would have to retool, proving their design is flawed, and Lebron MIGHT walk.

Cavs should trade Kyrie for Cp3

Ur wrong. Raptors fans have been freaking out about just making the east finals. They are already on the map because of that. So how is LeBron walking good for the NBA? That would leave the Cavs bad, and LeBron would most likely team up with 2 other stars meaning 2 other franchises will also become garbage. So the Raptors are on the map and 3 teams lose their stars and become garbage. That's good for the NBA? lol

SoxPatsCeltsBs
05-25-2016, 05:41 AM
I agree but also cringe at the fact we'll have to hear about something Drake did for another two weeks lol.

R. Johnson#3
05-25-2016, 05:57 AM
I agree but also cringe at the fact we'll have to hear about something Drake did for another two weeks lol.

Please don't judge our franchise or our fans based on that goof.

SoxPatsCeltsBs
05-25-2016, 06:09 AM
I'm not at all. It's just sad he's brought up at all when they show highlights of the game.

ghettosean
05-25-2016, 06:55 AM
Kyle Def got fouled by lebron when he slowed down for the layup, no question, it was a smart play... but he got all arm and no ball on the steal, no questions, pretty pivotal turnover. Not complaining bc LeBron needs to protect the ball a little better than what he was just palming it with one hand like that

There are so many non calls that were called fouls on the Raptors that this one makes up for it... Just to give the #1 of the top of my head Biyombo cleanly blocks Lebron and is called for a foul. We both know there are tons more of these but just to give a quick summary the Raptors had ZERO free throws in the 1st half of the game ZERO but yes Lowry fouled Lebron on that play I agree but if you look on the other end with players grabbing and hammering Biyombo down low there are far more examples of the Raptors getting screwed on calls then the Cavs (keep in mind I'm just using one player for my example).

ZERO free throws in the 1st half come on now seriously I wouldn't be surprised if that was some sort of playoff record.

PurpleLynch
05-25-2016, 06:57 AM
I'd say that a player like Lebron should have answered with fire to Biyombo's taunting,but I also think that James is a calculating type of player and he recognizes that challenging now Biyombo in his paint is dangerous(plus,it wouldn't be a problem for him going hard to the rim if he had 3 years less of career in his body)he's just adjusting to the game. Will it be a good decision in the end? I dunno. He has just a different kind of mentality,like others posters said a player like MJ or Kobe or Bird or Chamberlain etc would have tried to kill him(methaphorically speaking) for that. He usually does not. That's all.

PS:I prefere for sure the attitude of a player who answer to the challenge,but that's not the point.

ghettosean
05-25-2016, 07:04 AM
smh... no. leBron has faced bigger and better players.

BUT also has stressed many times he gets hammered driving inside and refs are just not calling fouls. There's only so much one man can take. Because of the horrible officiating we've seen Lebron has to find other ways.

Lets not forget Lebron lived in the paint first 2 games.

When you watch tonights game try and see things the other way as well because Biyombo is getting his jersey grabbed, arms held players jumping over and on his back for rebounds and just getting hammered in the paint and rarely getting any calls and they are obvious calls to make IMO.

MarkieMark48
05-25-2016, 08:05 AM
There are so many non calls that were called fouls on the Raptors that this one makes up for it... Just to give the #1 of the top of my head Biyombo cleanly blocks Lebron and is called for a foul. We both know there are tons more of these but just to give a quick summary the Raptors had ZERO free throws in the 1st half of the game ZERO but yes Lowry fouled Lebron on that play I agree but if you look on the other end with players grabbing and hammering Biyombo down low there are far more examples of the Raptors getting screwed on calls then the Cavs (keep in mind I'm just using one player for my example).

ZERO free throws in the 1st half come on now seriously I wouldn't be surprised if that was some sort of playoff record.

And the Cavs came within 2 of trying that in the 2nd half of G4

ghettosean
05-25-2016, 09:14 AM
And the Cavs came within 2 of trying that in the 2nd half of G4

Trying what??? going inside??? I could see them taking 3 point shots most of the time because they seemed to be afraid of going inside because Biyombo has blocked all of the Cav's starters at least once.

That might not be what you are talking about though could you explain further I would like to make sure that I understand your point.

LanceUpperCut
05-25-2016, 10:02 AM
Cavs took 41 3pts. I hate just looking at FT's cause they only tell you a part of what's happening but for a team like the Raps who aren't a big 3pt shooting team and constantly go to the rim against a team with very little shot blocking to go 3 in a half quarters with only 1 FT from a dick punch tech is crazy.
The no FT's in the first half was the first time in 6 years that happened to the Raps.

MarkieMark48
05-25-2016, 11:44 AM
Trying what??? going inside??? I could see them taking 3 point shots most of the time because they seemed to be afraid of going inside because Biyombo has blocked all of the Cav's starters at least once.

That might not be what you are talking about though could you explain further I would like to make sure that I understand your point.

My apologies it was supposed to say "And the Cavs came within 2 of tying that in the 2nd half of G4" meaning they only took 2 free throws in the second half of G4.

Look everyone remembers all the fouls/non calls that work against the team they are rooting for, but not many remember the fouls/non calls that work for the team they are rooting for, that's all I'm trying to say

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-25-2016, 11:48 AM
I didn't want to believe it after game 3, I thought it would be an isolated incident, but after game 4, I am convinced Lebron is shook. I don't think he comes at him one time the rest of the series, even if it's a time of desperation.

You say something like this, but when it comes to Curry being intimidated by Westbrook you have a big problem with it. Sounds pretty hypocritical to me. Lebron can be scared, but Curry is fearless.

ghettosean
05-25-2016, 12:07 PM
My apologies it was supposed to say "And the Cavs came within 2 of tying that in the 2nd half of G4" meaning they only took 2 free throws in the second half of G4.

Look everyone remembers all the fouls/non calls that work against the team they are rooting for, but not many remember the fouls/non calls that work for the team they are rooting for, that's all I'm trying to say

I can feel what you are saying because it's your team that's getting some heat for this because posters are saying that the refs are favoring the Cavs but be aware that it's starting to get recognized now and even non Cav fans are saying the same thing.

As for the fouls the Cav's took close to twice as many 3's as the raptors in that game... It's hard to get free throws when you are sitting out at the 3 point line but we are a team who goes inside a lot so for us to have a stat like that is staggering and again watch Biyombo tonight because they are grabbing his jersey, arms, jumping over and on his back for rebounds and you'll rarely see a call if you even see one. This has been happening for the entire series.

That's my take as a Raptors fan.... If Lebron will get calls for that crap down low then give Biyombo the same calls. I just want consistency like I'm sure every fan in the NBA wants regardless of what team or player is on the floor.

MarkieMark48
05-25-2016, 12:22 PM
I can feel what you are saying because it's your team that's getting some heat for this because posters are saying that the refs are favoring the Cavs but be aware that it's starting to get recognized now and even non Cav fans are saying the same thing.

As for the fouls the Cav's took close to twice as many 3's as the raptors in that game... It's hard to get free throws when you are sitting out at the 3 point line but we are a team who goes inside a lot so for us to have a stat like that is staggering and again watch Biyombo tonight because they are grabbing his jersey, arms, jumping over and on his back for rebounds and you'll rarely see a call if you even see one. This has been happening for the entire series.

That's my take as a Raptors fan.... If Lebron will get calls for that crap down low then give Biyombo the same calls. I just want consistency like I'm sure every fan in the NBA wants regardless of what team or player is on the floor.

I feel you 100%, I agree with the consistency that's how it should be. Buuuut I also want the NBA to be consistent and have Lebron get all the same treatment that Kobe got, that MJ got and every superstar before them... and I'm by no means saying that hes not getting that treatment bc he is.... and I know it sucks as the team without the superstar (not knocking KL or DD my any means bc they are extremely good players). But there was that play at the end of G4 when Lowry blew buy JR Smith and Biyombo had a hand full of Thompson to keep him from giving any rim protection too.....

ghettosean
05-25-2016, 12:42 PM
I feel you 100%, I agree with the consistency that's how it should be. Buuuut I also want the NBA to be consistent and have Lebron get all the same treatment that Kobe got, that MJ got and every superstar before them... and I'm by no means saying that hes not getting that treatment bc he is.... and I know it sucks as the team without the superstar (not knocking KL or DD my any means bc they are extremely good players). But there was that play at the end of G4 when Lowry blew buy JR Smith and Biyombo had a hand full of Thompson to keep him from giving any rim protection too.....

I took no offense to the bolded they aren't superstars at this point they are all stars and I understand your point but we are basically agreeing to disagree... LOL... Which is all good but I understand your point of view.

By reading your posts and replies I can say that you are a classy fan and thanks for keeping it classy in this back and forth it's appreciated.

MarkieMark48
05-25-2016, 01:18 PM
I took no offense to the bolded they aren't superstars at this point they are all stars and I understand your point but we are basically agreeing to disagree... LOL... Which is all good but I understand your point of view.

By reading your posts and replies I can say that you are a classy fan and thanks for keeping it classy in this back and forth it's appreciated.

likewise! I love civilized discussions!

:cheers:

joedaheights
05-25-2016, 01:26 PM

I think you have to remember that Lebron is one of the last great players to go straight from high school to the NBA and play big minutes ... In terms of him taking on an athlete one on one and trying to dominate you really are talking about the oldest 31 year old ever. I had a chance to watch game 4 and he looked 34-35...

I still think his issue is not knowing that "right NOW is the time. I have to take over." But he doesn't look young

eDush
05-25-2016, 04:24 PM
He's scared of Biyombo like Green scared of Adams.

CHANGO
05-27-2016, 12:55 PM
LMAO it's called KNOWING THE GAME and taking better decisions. Why is Lebron going to risk an injury or a hard foul against Biyombo? He is playing intelligent basketball right now. Toronto is putting a box on the paint when Lebron attacks and he is just making the right play open 3 for a deadly shooter like JR, Frye, Love, Irving >>>>>> contested shot over Biyombo and other Raps.

Remember when Lebron was scared of Hibbert too. :rolleyes:

He is just doing the right thing.

Cramerica
05-27-2016, 01:18 PM
He's scared of Biyombo like Green scared of Adams.

Nice, but just 2 games ago Curry actually was scared of Adams because Adams was on the perimeter successfully guarding and blocking Curry.

bucketss
05-27-2016, 01:26 PM
Lol hopefully biyombo embarrasses lebron with his blocks again.