PDA

View Full Version : [Let's Settle This] Who is the best player in the league RIGHT NOW!?

Pages : [1] 2 3

lol, please
05-23-2016, 07:25 PM
I don't want to bring back a slew of threads from the past few seasons, but last I saw, fans both in, and out of PSD had Curry listed as the best player of the league.

Now, I get that he has had an underwhelming series against the Thunder, but I think people are grossly overreacting about it. I am not saying it doesn't warrant criticism, it does - especially if you are an elite player.

But what was the last time Lebron actually had a case for being #1?

And can anyone actually make an argument for someone over Curry?

Let's see:

Curry already surpassed Lebron in playoff TS%

Curry .597
James .566

and is right behind him in PER

Curry 22.8
James 27.4

Despite James having many more games in the playoffs.

This is the only reason Curry is behind in Win Share metrics.

REGULAR SEASON:

Curry PER 31.5
Curry TS% .669
Curry WS 17.9
Curry WS/48 .318
Curry +/- for every 100 possessions: +17.9

Lebron PER 27.5
Lebron TS% .588
Lebron WS 13.6
Lebron WS/48 .242

Lebron +/- for every 100 possessions +11.7

I mean, we can go into records broken, but that isn't going to help "#TeamLebron" very much.

I just want one good reason for ranking Lebron above Curry. Just one.

ManRam
05-23-2016, 07:30 PM
nice original topic. excited to finally be able to have this debate!

by any quantative metric steph is having a better individual season and playoffs. he has been the better player for a period of time. we know this and that isn't up for debate.

some of the hypothetical if-you-swap-so-and-so-with-so-and-so-would-such-and-such-team-be-better might be up for debate still. team impact can be up for debate. all that non-empirical stuff.

murphturph
05-23-2016, 07:36 PM
I can't decide! Loving the diversity and different style of play in these players. Amazing

More-Than-Most
05-23-2016, 07:44 PM

by any quantative metric steph is having a better individual season and playoffs. he has been the better player for a period of time. we know this and that isn't up for debate.

some of the hypothetical if-you-swap-so-and-so-with-so-and-so-would-such-and-such-team-be-better might be up for debate still. team impact can be up for debate. all that non-empirical stuff.

My thing is defense as well.... Lebron went back to be a really good defender this year... When it comes to these 2 we throw defense out the window... Curry isnt half the defender James is and the thing is even when Lebron was at his worst defensively it was still better than any of currys years.

HandsOnTheWheel
05-23-2016, 07:46 PM
Melo

leprechaun5
05-23-2016, 07:52 PM
Biyombo

BoSox47
05-23-2016, 08:16 PM
Scalabrine

CHANGO
05-23-2016, 08:54 PM
Me.

Jamiecballer
05-23-2016, 09:22 PM
LeBron followed by Curry

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

mgjohnson7851
05-23-2016, 09:26 PM
LeBron followed by Curry

This.

Stephen Curry's defense is far inferior to LeBron.

ClassyAshyLarry
05-23-2016, 09:56 PM
LeBron followed by Curry

I agree too. Lebron is a way better defender than Steph.

I like Steph and he's exciting, but he just doesn't have the rounded game that Lebron has. Players like Lebron have impacts on the court even when their shot isn't working. Granted Steph's shot works more than anyone all time, but he's straight invisible when it's not.

Saddletramp
05-23-2016, 10:59 PM
Lebron. I never vote in these because I have to go to the main site but I'll make the exception here.

You put Lebron on any team in the league and he'll get them to the playoffs (with the possible exception of Philly). Curry wouldn't be able to. Regardless of teammates, regardless of coaching scenes; Lebron is still the man.

Jamiecballer
05-23-2016, 11:00 PM
Biyombo!!!

Sorry. It's Lebron.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

LA_Raiders
05-23-2016, 11:13 PM
KD, the way he is playing right now. If OKC wins it all. I say KD if not Curry, LeFlop 3rd.

JordansBulls
05-23-2016, 11:34 PM
I agree too. Lebron is a way better defender than Steph.

I like Steph and he's exciting, but he just doesn't have the rounded game that Lebron has. Players like Lebron have impacts on the court even when their shot isn't working. Granted Steph's shot works more than anyone all time, but he's straight invisible when it's not.

And who exactly has Lebron been defending? Can't hold Lowry nor Derozan and simply played scrubs in the East thus far.

WaDe03
05-23-2016, 11:36 PM
In order:

LeBron
Durant
Curry

JordansBulls
05-23-2016, 11:39 PM
What makes Lebron the best if he doesn't have the best stats nor is the champion? Either you have to have one or the other to be the best he has neither at this point.

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-23-2016, 11:46 PM
Westbrook

Jayb587
05-23-2016, 11:46 PM
curry was the best player in the NBA the last 2 years. people still say LeBron probably because of consistency, defense and his longevity is now coming into the discussion too. but its pretty clear curry has been the man this year and last year, his offense dominates and trumps brons lead in defense.

jason
05-24-2016, 12:17 AM
Curry followed by Lebron.. Lebron is the better defender but Curry is a way better shooter

ClassyAshyLarry
05-24-2016, 01:23 AM
And who exactly has Lebron been defending? Can't hold Lowry nor Derozan and simply played scrubs in the East thus far.

Um k.... Lol. I don't even know what to say. Can't really tell if this is serious.

ClassyAshyLarry
05-24-2016, 01:27 AM
I got a few questions.

1. Is this only based off one series (or really the last couple of games?). I'm confused because the OP didn't make it sound like that.

2. Are you saying that Curry is a better defender than Lebron? Forreal?

3. Do you have such a rudimentary understanding of basketball that you base someones defensive ability off of how many points someone scored in a game? Especially in the today's day of hybrid defenses?

I could venture a guess just based off of the 2 posts I've seen you hate Lebron. Plus your obviously a Bulls fan so that increases those odds. Rational conversations are usually not to be had in situations like this. So I shouldn't probably feed the flames... But yeah...

GoferKing_
05-24-2016, 03:48 AM
Close thread please.

Bostonjorge
05-24-2016, 04:14 AM
It goes

Curry
Westbrook
Durant
Leonard/James

James is a better defender but far from elite. Westbrook who somehow was labeled a bad defender on here is playing at a higher level on defense then James. Westbook is doing everything better then James right now. Scoring, assist and defending. Had the Spurs turning the ball over and now GS. The 2 best offenses. Also unlike James he's actually took games over "when he wanted to".

Jayb587
05-24-2016, 04:23 AM
It goes

Curry
Westbrook
Durant
Leonard/James

James is a better defender but far from elite. Westbrook who somehow was labeled a bad defender on here is playing at a higher level on defense then James. Westbook is doing everything better then James right now. Scoring, assist and defending. Had the Spurs turning the ball over and now GS. The 2 best offenses. Also unlike James he's actually took games over "when he wanted to".

haha no ones going to agree with you with westbrook over LeBron but you make some fair arguments. If drafting today ID take westbrook over LeBron but I hate LeBron so yea. I feel as though westbrook could carry a team just like LeBron does though.

omdigga
05-24-2016, 08:20 AM
Biyombo... and its not even close.

Tony_Starks
05-24-2016, 09:30 AM
Curry.

Followed by KD...

Followed by Russle Westrbrook...

Hawkeye15
05-24-2016, 09:46 AM
Curry was the better regular season player for sure. However, I am not so sure that knee is healed up. He doesn't look as explosive currently. At this exact moment, LeBron is the better player. But I am not going to just throw away 19 months of Curry being the superior player. So a tie??

cmellofan15
05-24-2016, 10:19 AM
Nokic

KnicksorBust
05-24-2016, 11:29 AM

:laugh:

Curry. I've said Curry for the last 10 months and think he's been underrated by the general public in all 10 of those months. People acted like I was crazy for saying Curry was still underrated yet here we are a back to back MVP and current champion and he only has 37.5% of the poll for best player. It's ridiculous.

Tony_Starks
05-24-2016, 11:37 AM
You ever see that movie The Distinguished Gentleman with Eddie Murphy?

He ran for congress under the name of a dead guy. He ended up winning because people just voted for "the name you know."

ewing
05-24-2016, 11:43 AM
Russ, tune in tonight and find out

Hawkeye15
05-24-2016, 11:46 AM
You ever see that movie The Distinguished Gentleman with Eddie Murphy?

He ran for congress under the name of a dead guy. He ended up winning because people just voted for "the name you know."

damn dude, I haven't seen that movie in forever.

Vee-Rex
05-24-2016, 12:20 PM

Lol do you even watch the games? I don't think Derozan has scored on LeBron three times this series. He has been literally locking him down. Derozan doesn't even attempt shots.

Raps have been vehemently running PnR to get LeBron off Derozan.

DanG
05-24-2016, 01:27 PM
Steph Curry.

Why? Watch game 4 tonight.

JLynn943
05-24-2016, 02:07 PM
LeBron is better than Curry at more things than is enough to make up the scoring/efficiency difference imo. Right now I think Curry vs Westbrook is a more interesting debate (even though Curry will remain at or around this level much more easily).

Jamiecballer
05-24-2016, 02:27 PM
i still say Lebron. nobody can basically control the whole game except him. curry is incredible but i feel like his teammates deserve an awful lot of credit for GS's incredible season.

TDE
05-24-2016, 02:43 PM
Curry has been the best player the last 2 years.

Tony_Starks
05-24-2016, 02:54 PM
The fact that people continue to leave KD and Russ out of this discussion like it's Curry and still Lebron, or even Curry and Kawhi, is the very reason OKC is doing what they are doing right now and will probably win the championship.

HandsOnTheWheel
05-24-2016, 03:34 PM
Turkoglu

AllBall
05-24-2016, 04:17 PM
In the last 3 games? Westbrook.

Big Zo
05-24-2016, 05:36 PM
Biyombo

MTL_123
05-24-2016, 07:27 PM
I say lebron hes still the best all around player. Curry is great but all he is to me is an all time great shooter thats it

Yanks All Day
05-24-2016, 09:17 PM
LeBron James is still the best all-around player in basketball. He's probably the only guy in the NBA that can control the entire game offensively and defensively.

Steph Curry is the better shooter (by A LOT) and ball handler. But that's where his advantage stops. LeBron is a better defender, rebounder, and is at least arguably a better facilitator/passer. He can just do more on the court than Curry can. Steph had a better last 2 seasons, but the way LeBron has been playing in the playoffs has reminded everyone of how amazing he really is.

And on a side note, it's criminal to leave KD and Westbrook out of this. Durant is currently the most versatile offensive scoring machine in basketball. Westbrook is probably the best or 2nd best 2-way player in the game. At any given time, either KD or RW can completely take over a game or series against ANY opponent. You can make a legitimate argument for either of them to be in the top 2.

Steph Curry has been phenomenal the last 2 years. Well-deserved back-to-back MVPs. Could be back-to-back champion. But he also has the privilege of being the best player on one of the best teams ever. That overrates him a little. Heck, there was a "who has the better career: Wade/LeBron or Curry" threads! It's silly.

I think Steph is the most exciting player in basketball, but I don't think he's the best. LeBron and Westbrook are more versatile players, and can actually play defense. Durant can be just as lethal offensively. It's a legitimate argument.

FlashBolt
05-24-2016, 09:19 PM
Kawhi is not the best player. Sorry, I watched the Spurs series and he did not step up when LA went cold.

Bostonjorge
05-24-2016, 11:34 PM
Seriously lebron being the best overall player in the NBA is false. Name one thing James does better than Westbrook?

Rivera
05-24-2016, 11:37 PM
Seriously lebron being the best overall player in the NBA is false. Name one thing James does better than Westbrook?

Post Game

ewing
05-24-2016, 11:43 PM

i guess i'm the only one that watched. you ****ing jambonis

lol, please
05-24-2016, 11:44 PM
i guess i'm the only one that watch. you ****ing jambonis

It's one game bro :confused:

More-Than-Most
05-24-2016, 11:50 PM

Post game/Defense and he is a better passer :shrug:

Westy is close in the passing part but he turns the ball over a bit. Also Lebron is doubled way way more than westy and is more unstoppable.... Again the closest to him would be westy though in most areas.

WaDe03
05-24-2016, 11:57 PM
In order:

LeBron
Durant
Westbrook

ewing
05-24-2016, 11:58 PM
It's one game bro :confused:

seemed like an important one

ewing
05-25-2016, 12:00 AM

Westy is close in the passing part but he turns the ball over a bit. Also Lebron is doubled way way more than westy and is more unstoppable.... Again the closest to him would be westy though in most areas.

Bron is much better passer, i don't think Bron is double a lot more at all unless it b/c he holds the ball to force a double so he can pass. People want Bron too shoot. I don't know if Bron is better defender or not

MTL_123
05-25-2016, 12:05 AM
are thos 13 people allowed a re-vote hahahahahhahahah

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-25-2016, 01:42 AM
Westbrook

i guess i'm the only one that watch. you ****ing jambonis
I said it yesterday. I watch. Westbrook is on the upswing, he is shutting down Steph the best offensive player in the game. All while being the offensive driving force behind OKC. LeBron hasn't guarded player with half the ability of Steph this year. Lebrons defense has been suspect the past couple of years. Westbrook is an absolute monster

jerellh528
05-25-2016, 04:16 AM
Right now right now? The answer would have to be Westbrook. Overall, I'm going KD

FlashBolt
05-25-2016, 06:43 AM
I'm torn between KD/Westbrook despite me thinking Bron is better than both. KD is our best scorer/I trust him in the clutch more to make the tough shots but Westbrook is a completely different beast in that he does so much for us. When he's intent on scoring on you, that airball he just show is like completely forgotten on the next possession. I gotta put Westbrook over KD right now to be honest but that changes every game.

Sportsguy9695
05-25-2016, 06:46 AM
love the topic. I would have to say its hard to say. they both put up impressive numbers

Tony_Starks
05-25-2016, 09:07 AM
Saying its between Lebron and Curry is a joke.

Saying its between Westbrook/ KD and Curry is debatable.

Saying its between KD and Westbrook is the correct answer.

FlashBolt
05-25-2016, 09:10 AM
Saying its between Lebron and Curry is a joke.

Saying its between Westbrook/ KD and Curry is debatable.

Saying its between KD and Westbrook is the correct answer.

Do you have a case for KD/Westbrook over LeBron? Pretty sure LeBron+Westbrook on the same team is unstoppable.

AllBall
05-25-2016, 09:15 AM
lol, just lol @ Westbrook not even being an option in the poll.

OP, seriously. Can't believe I had to vote other...

Hawkeye15
05-25-2016, 10:40 AM
for this playoffs, it's between Westbrook and LeBron. I would give the nod to Westbrook, but it's not by much.

KnicksorBust
05-25-2016, 11:21 AM
Westbrook voters setting themselves up for disappointment.

Tony_Starks
05-25-2016, 11:46 AM
Do you have a case for KD/Westbrook over LeBron? Pretty sure LeBron+Westbrook on the same team is unstoppable.

A big case. KD is a far superior shooter. Westrbrook explosiveness trumps Lebrons overall game. They both have shown that they can take over a game at any moment and put the game out of reach, KD with lights out shooting and Russ with his pure relentlessness.

And I don't think Westbrook and Lebron would be lethal at all because Lebron doesn't have the outside shooting to balance it out. That's what makes that combo so deadly is KDs sniping, whereas you could pack the paint on Russ and just give Lebron the jumper.

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-25-2016, 11:54 AM
Curry
Lebron
Durant
Westbrook

Those are the top 4 in that order. But as I've said in the past, there isn't much separating these guys. It is virtually a 4 way tie, even though it is pretty clear that Curry had the best season out of the 4 this year and deserved the unanimous MVP.

Hawkeye15
05-25-2016, 12:05 PM
A big case. KD is a far superior shooter. Westrbrook explosiveness trumps Lebrons overall game. They both have shown that they can take over a game at any moment and put the game out of reach, KD with lights out shooting and Russ with his pure relentlessness.

And I don't think Westbrook and Lebron would be lethal at all because Lebron doesn't have the outside shooting to balance it out. That's what makes that combo so deadly is KDs sniping, whereas you could pack the paint on Russ and just give Lebron the jumper.

Durant had a slightly better regular season than LeBron, but he is nowhere near LeBron in the playoffs this year when it comes to numbers. You talk about Durant's shooting, when in reality, LeBron is killing him in FG%, TS% and actually shooting the same 3% in the playoffs.....

LeBron rests during the regular season now. I don't think he is the LeBron of old by any means, but he is dominant in these playoffs. But I can also understand the argument that the Spurs/Warriors will probably lower anyones efficiency, so really I am just pointing it out. LeBron is vastly outplaying Durant in the playoffs, numbers wise.

Tony_Starks
05-25-2016, 12:26 PM
Durant had a slightly better regular season than LeBron, but he is nowhere near LeBron in the playoffs this year when it comes to numbers. You talk about Durant's shooting, when in reality, LeBron is killing him in FG%, TS% and actually shooting the same 3% in the playoffs.....

LeBron rests during the regular season now. I don't think he is the LeBron of old by any means, but he is dominant in these playoffs. But I can also understand the argument that the Spurs/Warriors will probably lower anyones efficiency, so really I am just pointing it out. LeBron is vastly outplaying Durant in the playoffs, numbers wise.

Yeah but one is shooting dunks and lay ups while the other is shooting pull 2s and 3s so do you really take the numbers that seriously?

What's Lebrons percentage from 3pt line? It was a horrible 30% for the season and a even worse 28% for the playoffs. Not to mention 64% from the line, while KD just hit something like 28 straight free throws. Meaning you can once again either back off Lebron and give him the shot or put him on the line.

So while Lebrons overall stats might look better right now he can't buy a 3 to save his life and he's a liability at the line. I'd like easily take KD any day!

jerellh528
05-25-2016, 12:48 PM
Yeah but one is shooting dunks and lay ups while the other is shooting pull 2s and 3s so do you really take the numbers that seriously?

What's Lebrons percentage from 3pt line? It was a horrible 30% for the season and a even worse 28% for the playoffs. Not to mention 64% from the line, while KD just hit something like 28 straight free throws. Meaning you can once again either back off Lebron and give him the shot or put him on the line.

So while Lebrons overall stats might look better right now he can't buy a 3 to save his life and he's a liability at the line. I'd like easily take KD any day!

I don't think Lebron should be given extra credit for resting in the regular season just to turn it up in the playoffs. I wonder what curry or KD would look like in the playoffs if they were able to rest through the regular season .

Hawkeye15
05-25-2016, 12:50 PM

yep. Despite losing a step, and his shot bailing, LeBron is still more efficient. That matters.

Like I said, they are both shooting the same from 3, so Durant is actually not shooting any better. In these playoffs, LeBron is clearly the superior player.

Really, the ONLY argument that brings them closer is level of competition they have/are facing.

Hawkeye15
05-25-2016, 12:51 PM
I don't think Lebron should be given extra credit for resting in the regular season just to turn it up in the playoffs. I wonder what curry or KD would look like in the playoffs if they were able to rest through the regular season .

Idk, let's see them after 1050 games and find out

Tony_Starks
05-25-2016, 12:55 PM
yep. Despite losing a step, and his shot bailing, LeBron is still more efficient. That matters.

Like I said, they are both shooting the same from 3, so Durant is actually not shooting any better. In these playoffs, LeBron is clearly the superior player.

Really, the ONLY argument that brings them closer is level of competition they have/are facing.

Well if you truly believe Lebron is the better player then the Finals are about to be truly enlightening for you.

ewing
05-25-2016, 02:21 PM
Wow no likes kawhi leonard anymore

Bostonjorge
05-25-2016, 02:37 PM

Westbrook is assist leader. He also finds his big in traffic and sets them up perfect. Hits Durant perfect on those slashes to the rim. James just finds the 3 point shooter.

Westbrook covers more of the floor and explodes on those passing lanes. Westbrook takes risk and the payoffs are the elite offenses getting many turnovers. James has Lowey and DeRozen exploding and taking over the game.

Finally James shys away form the ball in crunch time and gets rattled. Westbrook does the rattling.

WaDe03
05-25-2016, 03:49 PM

He's just not in this discussion in my opinion. Hell of a player and great defender. Basically the opposite of Curry, great defender, questionable offense at times. His offense is definitely improving though.

WaDe03
05-25-2016, 03:51 PM
Westbrook is assist leader. He also finds his big in traffic and sets them up perfect. Hits Durant perfect on those slashes to the rim. James just finds the 3 point shooter.

Westbrook covers more of the floor and explodes on those passing lanes. Westbrook takes risk and the payoffs are the elite offenses getting many turnovers. James has Lowey and DeRozen exploding and taking over the game.

Finally James shys away form the ball in crunch time and gets rattled. Westbrook does the rattling.

Westbrook was good late game last night but for the whole season he was probably the worst superstar in late game situations.

DboneG
05-25-2016, 05:36 PM
Right now...Westbrook

!. Westbrook
2. LeBron
3. Curry and Durant in a tie..... Curry is hurt a bit and his shot is off. Didn't Durant miss 26 shots in a game, and he turn the ball over too much for me. Durant is dribbling too high, he keep losing the ball.

Hawkeye15
05-25-2016, 05:40 PM
Well if you truly believe Lebron is the better player then the Finals are about to be truly enlightening for you.

He has been so far. Durant isn't playing to his regular season efficiency levels, though he is engaged defensively.

Teams win finals, remember.

Hawkeye15
05-25-2016, 05:44 PM

Durant had his best playoff series of the year so far against the DPOY, that is an issue for me

Redrum187
05-25-2016, 08:12 PM
Steph Curry.

I'm not sure that helped your argument.

Redrum187
05-25-2016, 08:19 PM
1.) Curry/LeBron
2.)
3.) Durant
4.) Westbrook/Kawhi
5.)

More-Than-Most
05-25-2016, 08:30 PM
Lebron is gonna widen the gap with tonights performance... HE WILL ****ING OBLITERATE ALL

5ass
05-25-2016, 08:34 PM
Andrew Nicholson.

cmellofan15
05-25-2016, 08:51 PM
kevin love

Bostonjorge
05-25-2016, 09:07 PM
Kire Irving

Raps18-19 Champ
05-25-2016, 10:52 PM
Curry's ability to control the offense is second to none. Lebron is still good and can be the best if he wants to be but I think he's saving himself for the playoffs.

lol, please
05-25-2016, 11:24 PM

Well said.

Redrum187
05-25-2016, 11:38 PM
Well said.

But didn't Curry rest on quite a few 4th quarters?

sixer04fan
05-25-2016, 11:47 PM
I'm still taking Lebron over Curry. I think he's the better player. He always has been. I said this midseason and a few people came at me for it. Now look, Lebron's winning this poll lol.

It needs to be said though that Curry still absolutely deserved the unanimous MVP this year. We're comparing two absolute beasts in their own ways.

lol, please
05-25-2016, 11:59 PM
But didn't Curry rest on quite a few 4th quarters?

That's not what he meant by "resting" and you know it.

It's like you just respond to respond, which is almost baiting.

If you don't know the difference then you aren't paying attention to people's posts, or you just don't have a very good grip on the English language, and that's not a slight, it's an overservation.

LA_Raiders
05-26-2016, 12:03 AM
Westbrook no question. Best player in this poffs

More-Than-Most
05-26-2016, 12:09 AM
That's not what he meant by "resting" and you know it.

It's like you just respond to respond, which is almost baiting.

If you don't know the difference then you aren't paying attention to people's posts, or you just don't have a very good grip on the English language, and that's not a slight, it's an overservation.

So its ok to take 4th Quarters off when you are 5 foot 11 and 12 pounds but its not ok to try and remain fresh for the playoffs when you are as massive as james is? Esp considering the guy has literally 1100 games under his belt at the age of 31.... something seems wrong with this logic.

mgjohnson7851
05-26-2016, 12:24 AM
LeBron actually played 9 more minutes than Curry this year in the regular season even though he played in 3 less games.

That stat should be pretty eye opening for anyone trying to argue that LeBron isn't an absolute workhorse.

Redrum187
05-26-2016, 12:27 AM
LeBron actually played 9 more minutes than Curry this year in the regular season even though he played in 3 less games.

That stat should be pretty eye opening for anyone trying to argue that LeBron isn't an absolute workhorse.

"Well said."

thenaj17
05-26-2016, 04:41 AM
It's absolute sacrilage that Westbrook isn't listed separately. He's a far superior individual player to Curry in everything barring shooting. LeBron is still the best player in the league and has been for 6-7 years

IKnowHoops
05-26-2016, 05:20 AM
Steph Curry.

lolol

IKnowHoops
05-26-2016, 05:27 AM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::l augh:

IKnowHoops
05-26-2016, 05:36 AM

All that means is that Lebron can get to the hole at will. Thats more valuable than someone who is a better outside shooter but is forced to take outside shots. Plain and simple, Lebron's skillet has been more effective than KD's. A lot of guys shot better than Shaq, none were better. For the same reason none are better than Bron.

IKnowHoops
05-26-2016, 05:39 AM

If they could rest and still be as good as Lebron, they would, but they can't so they don't.

vics
05-26-2016, 06:27 AM
Never doubted Lebron, he is still the best player in the world!

Tony_Starks
05-26-2016, 09:53 AM
He has been so far. Durant isn't playing to his regular season efficiency levels, though he is engaged defensively.

Teams win finals, remember.

Ok. Well the team that Durant is on, which will no doubt be the Vegas odds underdog against the team Lebron leads, is about to win the Finals at his expense.

With NO excuses for the team Lebron happens to be on.

No legitimate excuse, I should say.

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-26-2016, 10:38 AM
I'm still taking Lebron over Curry. I think he's the better player. He always has been. I said this midseason and a few people came at me for it. Now look, Lebron's winning this poll lol.

It needs to be said though that Curry still absolutely deserved the unanimous MVP this year. We're comparing two absolute beasts in their own ways.

That's fair to say Curry was the best this year, but Lebron is still better in the long run. Curry was definitely the best this year though. His offensive production was just too ridiculously good. The question is, can he maintain it over the long run? Basically what I'm saying is, in order for Curry to be considered the best and better than Lebron/Durant... he has to average about 30 ppg and hit 400 3's year in and year out. This can't just be a career year. This has to be the type of year Curry can sustain year after year in order for us to consider him legitimately better than Lebron and Durant. It is a valid question to ask whether or not he can sustain this level going forward. Only time will tell.

Munkeysuit
05-26-2016, 10:39 AM
Stats don't tell the whole story.
Worst team in the NBA right now, place Lebron or Curry on that team and who leads them to more wins?
Minus Lebron and Curry off their current teams right now and which team will still make the playoffs?
Curry is a great player and possibly the best shooter ever! but don't sit there and use metrics to make an argument between these 2 stars, I mean honestly? Curry isn't even Westbrook's equal! No disrespect at all as I am a fan of Curry's as well as a fan of Lebron's but there is some serious D Riding going on with Curry right now, take away his 3 point shot and what does he do exactly? I honestly don't know!

FlashBolt
05-26-2016, 10:40 AM
Ok. Well the team that Durant is on, which will no doubt be the Vegas odds underdog against the team Lebron leads, is about to win the Finals at his expense.

There is no excuse. If we win, we deserve to win. We beat the Warriors and Spurs to get here... any argument that we can't beat the Cleveland Cavailers is invalid right now. ANY. So if you want to blame LeBron for losing in the Finals, that's fine. But just know that Curry, Kawhi, Green, LaMarcus, and everyone else should get blamed for losing against us.

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-26-2016, 10:50 AM
Worst team in the NBA right now, place Lebron or Curry on that team and who leads them to more wins?
Minus Lebron and Curry off their current teams right now and which team will still make the playoffs?
Curry is a great player and possibly the best shooter ever! but don't sit there and use metrics to make an argument between these 2 stars, I mean honestly? Curry isn't even Westbrook's equal! No disrespect at all as I am a fan of Curry's as well as a fan of Lebron's but there is some serious D Riding going on with Curry right now, take away his 3 point shot and what does he do exactly? I honestly don't know!

Take away Curry's 3 point shot? Well, that's not fair. Take away Lebron's size and athleticism and what does he have in his favor? Bottom line is Curry is the best shooter of all time. You can't just say he's not better than so and so because his best skill is making long range shots. That's his best skill.

FlashBolt
05-26-2016, 11:01 AM
Take away Curry's 3 point shot? Well, that's not fair. Take away Lebron's size and athleticism and what does he have in his favor? Bottom line is Curry is the best shooter of all time. You can't just say he's not better than so and so because his best skill is making long range shots. That's his best skill.

Why take LeBron's size and athleticism away and not his scoring? Fine, let's not take away Curry's three point shooting but his scoring. LeBron can do a multitude of things while Curry can't. You're seeing that now.. Curry isn't shooting well and it looks as if he's not even on the court.

Beltrans Mole
05-26-2016, 11:16 AM
People are ignoring the things that Curry does well besides shoot the three ball. The guy is an incredible passer and sets his teammates up well, too. His very presence impacts the game in a major way. I'm not saying hes better than LBJ overall, because I don't think he is when you consider all elements of both of their games, but still....

KnicksorBust
05-26-2016, 11:23 AM
Who cares if LeBron is a better defender if Curry's offense is so good his team wins 73 games? Being able to check more boxes on a list of NBA skillzzzzz doesn't make you the best. Being the best does. Curry's offensive impact alone is more valuable than LeBron's offense and defense combined.

Tony_Starks
05-26-2016, 11:33 AM
There is no excuse. If we win, we deserve to win. We beat the Warriors and Spurs to get here... any argument that we can't beat the Cleveland Cavailers is invalid right now. ANY. So if you want to blame LeBron for losing in the Finals, that's fine. But just know that Curry, Kawhi, Green, LaMarcus, and everyone else should get blamed for losing against us.

That's it. There's no excuses all the way around.

If Lebron and the crew plays bigger and wins it all, I tip my hat. Well done, he's doing what a all time great is supposed to do. And I will say KD came up small against Lebron once again.

BUT if KD and Russ finish off this run with the ring? Absolutely nothing anyone can say but give props, it's a historic run. No excuses.

As far as best player, the best player remaining in the playoffs is going to be hoisting up that trophy. No two ways about it.

Sportsguy5
05-26-2016, 11:56 AM
It is hard to say who is the best player because an aggressive Lebron is pretty tough to deal with even if his perimeter shot is off. Though when Curry is shooting good he is very tough to deal with even if he gives up on defense.

Chronz
05-26-2016, 12:01 PM

No doubt? Lol

ManRam
05-26-2016, 12:05 PM
What makes Lebron the best if he doesn't have the best stats nor is the champion? Either you have to have one or the other to be the best he has neither at this point.

according to whom?

Tony_Starks
05-26-2016, 12:09 PM
No doubt? Lol

Well Cleveland does have the better record, has outplayed them during the season, and will have home court during the Finals.

Unless you know something me and Vegas doesn't Sam Rostein..

kdspurman
05-26-2016, 12:29 PM
Statistically Curry is the best. Does some incredible things... For me though, like if I'm starting a franchise for scratch, there are probably a few other guys I'd start ahead of him.

Hawkeye15
05-26-2016, 01:18 PM

If the Thunder advance, I would guess it's even money. The Thunder would have just had the most historic back to back series wins all time.

http://espn.go.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/15711954/oklahoma-city-thunder-pull-greatest-consecutive-upsets-nba-history

touches on that

Hawkeye15
05-26-2016, 01:20 PM
Well Cleveland does have the better record, has outplayed them during the season, and will have home court during the Finals.

Vegas lines move though. Over the past 3 weeks, OKC is playing MUCH better than a 55 win team. That line will move.

You literally look for any possible way to crap on LeBron. I love it

Bostonjorge
05-26-2016, 02:23 PM

You remove Durant from Okc and you have a team with bigs and no shooters and lebron can't lead that team to nothing without Westbrook doing it for him. This Westbrook we have now who leads the playoffs in assists can make anyone shine. Westbrook covers more of the court on both ends and don't need a shorting PF and C to be effective like lebron does. Westbrook has 2 C's in and still gets them easy buckets for them and himself. You replace James form the Cavs with Westbrook and they sweep the east.

Tony_Starks
05-26-2016, 02:44 PM
Vegas lines move though. Over the past 3 weeks, OKC is playing MUCH better than a 55 win team. That line will move.

You literally look for any possible way to crap on LeBron. I love it

I didn't realize calling someone out for being the favorite and losing is "crapping" on them?

Steph was/ is the favorite and is getting killed right now.

Isn't that how it works when you're a mega superstar potential top 5 all time and the leader? All the praise for the wins all the blame for the losses?

ewing
05-26-2016, 02:54 PM
I didn't realize calling someone out for being the favorite and losing is "crapping" on them?

Isn't that how it works when you're a mega superstar potential top 5 all time and the leader? All the praise for the wins all the blame for the losses?

Not with these kids. see they don't root for teams just there favorite pop star superstar and if that person loses its his teammates, the refs, or the coach who is at fault. your just stuck in the past :)

ewing
05-26-2016, 02:55 PM

I am guessing Serge will get LeBron most of the time? Is that true, if so how does he fair against him?

ClassyAshyLarry
05-26-2016, 03:05 PM
I am guessing Serge will get LeBron most of the time? Is that true, if so how does he fair against him?

Doubtful. Not saying he wont' rotate, but Serge is best protecting the basket IMO. It'll take a team effort to guard Lebron as always.

FreshestTakes
05-26-2016, 03:14 PM
Curry is the best player and it's not close

Cramerica
05-26-2016, 03:21 PM
Well I voted today. And I voted Lebron, though I could have easily voted Durant or Westbrook. Since I voted today, I'd have to consider last night's Cavs game and all games from this set of series, since I'm only looking at right now. Durant had a kind of low-key offensive performance the last game. James just didn't show up for the last 5 minutes of the last game in Toronto but came out big last night.

But how could anyone vote for Curry?

The poll went up 2 days ago and Curry wasn't playing well then and he hasn't played well since. And this poll is for the best player RIGHT NOW. For those who voted Curry, I'd be interested to see what stats you have that suggest that. There's just no plausible way. As a matter of fact, people are busy making excuses for Curry's rather lackluster performances this series.

ewing
05-26-2016, 03:25 PM
Doubtful. Not saying he wont' rotate, but Serge is best protecting the basket IMO. It'll take a team effort to guard Lebron as always.

I think that's a bad idea. the thing he does best is pass

Cramerica
05-26-2016, 03:27 PM
Curry is the best player and it's not close

What makes him the best player in the league RIGHT NOW?

Bostonjorge
05-26-2016, 04:01 PM
Well I voted today. And I voted Lebron, though I could have easily voted Durant or Westbrook. Since I voted today, I'd have to consider last night's Cavs game and all games from this set of series, since I'm only looking at right now. Durant had a kind of low-key offensive performance the last game. James just didn't show up for the last 5 minutes of the last game in Toronto but came out big last night.

But how could anyone vote for Curry?

The poll went up 2 days ago and Curry wasn't playing well then and he hasn't played well since. And this poll is for the best player RIGHT NOW. For those who voted Curry, I'd be interested to see what stats you have that suggest that. There's just no plausible way. As a matter of fact, people are busy making excuses for Curry's rather lackluster performances this series.

If people can vote for James over Westbrook and try justify it then you can vote for Curry or anyone else. Beating a team your suppose to sweep don't make you the best. Beating a team your suppose to be swept by is what makes you the best. Since it's "RIGHT NOW" stats, performance and level of competition don't back James at all. So why not vote for Curry if you can still vote for James? They should both be taken off the vote list of both left on.

Cramerica
05-26-2016, 04:06 PM
If people can vote for James over Westbrook and try justify it then you can vote for Curry or anyone else. Beating a team your suppose to sweep don't make you the best. Beating a team your suppose to be swept by is what makes you the best. Since it's "RIGHT NOW" stats, performance and level of competition don't back James at all. So why not vote for Curry if you can still vote for James? They should both be taken off the vote list of both left on.

Yeah good point. But James has good stats behind him. I just couldn't vote for Curry under any circumstance for this series. He's not been atrocious and not all of it is his fault, but Westbrook is really the only one left in either series playing out of his mind.

Hawkeye15
05-27-2016, 10:20 AM

oh I mean over time, you look for anything and everything to bury LeBron. It's just funny to me is all.

I don't know, is that how it works? I never see you do the same with your boy Magic, who was beat by lesser teams during his runs, while having unreal help until later in his career.

I can tell you how it ACTUALLY works. Basketball is a team game. The all time greats are what put you in position to win it all, but you can't possibly put it all on their shoulders when they win, or lose. It's still a team game ultimately.

Tony_Starks
05-27-2016, 10:39 AM
oh I mean over time, you look for anything and everything to bury LeBron. It's just funny to me is all.

I don't know, is that how it works? I never see you do the same with your boy Magic, who was beat by lesser teams during his runs, while having unreal help until later in his career.

I can tell you how it ACTUALLY works. Basketball is a team game. The all time greats are what put you in position to win it all, but you can't possibly put it all on their shoulders when they win, or lose. It's still a team game ultimately.

Are you too young to remember TRAGIC Johnson? You know the guy that got killed in the press becuase he came up short in the Finals? This is nothing new, the best players always shouldered the blame or got the praise...before the apologist era I should say.

It's a team game but basketball is the one sport where individual talent can dominate a series and determine a outcome i.e. If we both have good teams but my Star is better than yours then my TEAM is most likely winning.

That's actually the way it works and always has....there's a top 10 all time list for a reason.

FlashBolt
05-27-2016, 10:47 AM
Are you too young to remember TRAGIC Johnson? You know the guy that got killed in the press becuase he came up short in the Finals? This is nothing new, the best players always shouldered the blame or got the praise...before the apologist era I should say.

It's a team game but basketball is the one sport where individual talent can dominate a series and determine a outcome i.e. If we both have good teams but my Star is better than yours then my TEAM is most likely winning.

That's actually the way it works and always has....there's a top 10 all time list for a reason.

Apologist era? You mean the era where technology is rampant and everyone can have an opinion these days? If LeBron played during Magic's time, he would be a mythical beast that wouldn't be scrutinized like he is today. Actually, you're wrong about that star crap... the best team always win it. What the hell does "most likely winning" mean? Did Curry play better than LeBron in the Finals? Pretty sure he didn't.

CHANGO
05-27-2016, 12:42 PM
I find funny that over the season Curry was the best players hands down, now that he isn't playing like he needs to play he isn't no longer the best and Lebron is the best cuz he is versatile. It just shows how much people live in the moment.

To me, yes Curry was the best on the RS but in my head I was still saying "in the playoffs Lebron is another animal, so I expect him to be there too, like he was last year"... And that's what's happening.

Hawkeye15
05-27-2016, 01:10 PM

I am 40. Last thing I did in the 80's was read a paper haha. Of course he was criticized, like any great who loses (absolutely not to the Bron level, but part of that is because of social media now). Never seen you hold him accountable though

that top 10 list has Wilt way up top. Why? He didn't win like MJ, or Kobe, or Duncan.

Hawkeye15
05-27-2016, 01:12 PM
Apologist era? You mean the era where technology is rampant and everyone can have an opinion these days? If LeBron played during Magic's time, he would be a mythical beast that wouldn't be scrutinized like he is today. Actually, you're wrong about that star crap... the best team always win it. What the hell does "most likely winning" mean? Did Curry play better than LeBron in the Finals? Pretty sure he didn't.

absolutely the biggest difference in the world today, and that goes for more than sports. It's annoying really. Do I love technology, for how easy life is? Sure. Do I hate it as well? Yep

Cramerica
05-27-2016, 01:15 PM
I find funny that over the season Curry was the best players hands down, now that he isn't playing like he needs to play he isn't no longer the best and Lebron is the best cuz he is versatile. It just shows how much people live in the moment.

To me, yes Curry was the best on the RS but in my head I was still saying "in the playoffs Lebron is another animal, so I expect him to be there too, like he was last year"... And that's what's happening.

Well, this thread's title does say "RIGHT NOW"...so no one's reasonably going to pick Curry.

bucketss
05-27-2016, 01:55 PM
curry
lebron
durant
westbrook

Tony_Starks
05-27-2016, 02:17 PM
If Bron wins he's getting mad props and continues to ascend in legendary greatness, if he loses chalk up the L and que the "how does this effect his legacy" talk.

....same goes for Curry

............same goes for KD

That's about as fair as it gets.

Whether you agree or disagree with the above statement it is 100% true.

Chronz
05-27-2016, 02:31 PM

Records? Sounds like you dont know what barometers Vegas favors.

Outplayed them in the RS? Sounds like you dont pay attention to historical trends.

Vegas? Yeah, show me where Vegas agrees with you. If the Thunder advance, its far more likely that they are favored or it could be an even push. I remember a few games ago when the Thunder were just about to face the Warriors and the Cavs were undefeated, there was an article that stated Vegas would have the Cavs as underdogs regardless of who they face.

Vegas odds are fluid and they change on a variety of factors that go beyond the scope of what people use it for. Its the ultimate tool to say I told you so because regardless of the outcome, you can play the blame game.
From my personal experience, the people who point to Vegas odds are usually the ones who understand statistical analysis the least.

ClassyAshyLarry
05-27-2016, 08:28 PM
I think that's a bad idea. the thing he does best is pass

That's why you got to use various switches to force him into areas where he is least effective. Pulling Ibaka off the rim to guard Lebron at the top of the key will just make passing to the open man easier.

Not saying you don't have Ibaka ever guard him, but the worst thing you could do is say "Ibaka go guard LBJ at the top of the key all game". Lebron will slice them up if they do that. Same with Kyrie.

By all means if lebron is tryign to post by the baseline you'd want Ibaka to rotate on him, or providing help defense when he drives, but 1 on 1 Ibaka vs LBJ creates huge mismatches across the board for OKC.

Jamiecballer
05-27-2016, 08:49 PM
If Bron wins he's getting mad props and continues to ascend in legendary greatness, if he loses chalk up the L and que the "how does this effect his legacy" talk.

....same goes for Curry

............same goes for KD

That's about as fair as it gets.

Whether you agree or disagree with the above statement it is 100% true.
You are right it is true but it just goes to show you that sports is still way behind when it comes to intelligent objective analysis. For way too many fans it still comes down to a dick swinging contest.

Bruno
05-27-2016, 09:01 PM
Westbrook

x2. Westbrook is having the best playoffs. he isn't getting nearly enough credit for what he's done to the Spurs and Warriors.

Bruno
05-27-2016, 09:05 PM
Records? Sounds like you dont know what barometers Vegas favors.

Outplayed them in the RS? Sounds like you dont pay attention to historical trends.

Vegas? Yeah, show me where Vegas agrees with you. If the Thunder advance, its far more likely that they are favored or it could be an even push. I remember a few games ago when the Thunder were just about to face the Warriors and the Cavs were undefeated, there was an article that stated Vegas would have the Cavs as underdogs regardless of who they face.

Vegas odds are fluid and they change on a variety of factors that go beyond the scope of what people use it for. Its the ultimate tool to say I told you so because regardless of the outcome, you can play the blame game.
From my personal experience, the people who point to Vegas odds are usually the ones who understand statistical analysis the least.
did you get a piece of that 40/1 action once they were down 0-1 agains the Spurs?

Chronz
05-27-2016, 09:14 PM
did you get a piece of that 40/1 action once they were down 0-1 agains the Spurs?

Sadly, no. I've stayed away for the most part this year. Ive only bet on the no brainers this go around.

Allphakenny1
05-27-2016, 09:16 PM

I cannot believe you are seriously asking this because a player does not become the best player in the league because they have one skill. Outside of his shooting, Curry is the best ball handler in the league. At the very worst you can say he is second best. He is one of the best guards at finishing in the paint. This is shown by him having one of the best, if not the best, field goal percentages of all guards in the paint. Add to that that he rarely gets to the free throw line, and it makes it even more impressive that his field goal percentage is so high. There are many players who can only dominate off the ball or with the ball in their hands, Curry can dominate in either way. He is one of the best passers in the league. His assists numbers would be much higher if he dominated the ball or if the Warriors offense did not stress ball movement from everyone. He is a great rebounder for a PG. Number one player in the league in steals and a pretty decent defender. On top of all that, he is one of the best players in the league at making those around him better.

Take away any elite players biggest strength and they are no where near as talented as they are so the same could be said for any player argued as the best in this thread.

You ask what does he do if you take away his 3 point shot. The better question is what does he not do at a high level on the court?

ewing
05-27-2016, 10:59 PM
That's why you got to use various switches to force him into areas where he is least effective. Pulling Ibaka off the rim to guard Lebron at the top of the key will just make passing to the open man easier.

Not saying you don't have Ibaka ever guard him, but the worst thing you could do is say "Ibaka go guard LBJ at the top of the key all game". Lebron will slice them up if they do that. Same with Kyrie.

By all means if lebron is tryign to post by the baseline you'd want Ibaka to rotate on him, or providing help defense when he drives, but 1 on 1 Ibaka vs LBJ creates huge mismatches across the board for OKC.

I think we misundrstood each other. I'm not saying Serge is the only guy that should guard him but you want to give as little help as possible. Make him score 40. make him shoot. Bron has turned into a pocket passer. He is always on balance and has great eyes. His ability to maintain balance and pick you apart is his greatest weapon. we've seen the Spurs not help and it worked. They put Diaw on an island with Bron and worked. I think you have to give some different looks but i also think you have to try to guard him one on one. I would see what Serge can turn him into a jump shooter. make him kill you

More-Than-Most
05-28-2016, 12:42 AM
Bron 33/11/6/3 and superb defense in a close out game... That is what he does folks.

lol, please
05-28-2016, 12:43 AM
I cannot believe you are seriously asking this because a player does not become the best player in the league because they have one skill. Outside of his shooting, Curry is the best ball handler in the league. At the very worst you can say he is second best. He is one of the best guards at finishing in the paint. This is shown by him having one of the best, if not the best, field goal percentages of all guards in the paint. Add to that that he rarely gets to the free throw line, and it makes it even more impressive that his field goal percentage is so high. There are many players who can only dominate off the ball or with the ball in their hands, Curry can dominate in either way. He is one of the best passers in the league. His assists numbers would be much higher if he dominated the ball or if the Warriors offense did not stress ball movement from everyone. He is a great rebounder for a PG. Number one player in the league in steals and a pretty decent defender. On top of all that, he is one of the best players in the league at making those around him better.

Take away any elite players biggest strength and they are no where near as talented as they are so the same could be said for any player argued as the best in this thread.

You ask what does he do if you take away his 3 point shot. The better question is what does he not do at a high level on the court?
Great post. It's crazy how you hear cats say Curry is one dimensional. The man can pass, can dribble, can cut, above average defender, will take guys twice his size to the rim, an all out elite floor general.

sent from my Note 5 on Tapatalk

mgjohnson7851
05-28-2016, 03:35 AM
Curry isn't even the best at his position right now. Can't be the best in the game when you're not even the best at your position.

jason
05-28-2016, 05:36 AM
Curry isn't even the best at his position right now. Can't be the best in the game when you're not even the best at your position.
Not true at all

mgjohnson7851
05-28-2016, 11:20 AM
Not true at all

It's right now. Westbrook has been better than Curry, and it's impossible to argue otherwise.

Tony_Starks
05-28-2016, 11:42 AM
You are right it is true but it just goes to show you that sports is still way behind when it comes to intelligent objective analysis. For way too many fans it still comes down to a dick swinging contest.

What is actually intelligent and objective....is subjective.

lol, please
05-28-2016, 01:42 PM
It's right now. Westbrook has been better than Curry, and it's impossible to argue otherwise.
for one series?

:laugh2:

Right now in this thread's context isn't limited to this very week only, it encompasses the current season.

mgjohnson7851
05-28-2016, 01:52 PM
for one series?

:laugh2:

Right now in this thread's context isn't limited to this very week only, it encompasses the current season.

Well in that case Curry is number 2 behind LeBron. I don't see a valid argument for Curry being the best when the only thing he does better than LeBron is shoot and ball handle.

Not to mention that you never know when Curry's body is going to break down, and he's proven to be wildly ineffective when he's banged up.

jason
05-28-2016, 02:13 PM
Well in that case Curry is number 2 behind LeBron. I don't see a valid argument for Curry being the best when the only thing he does better than LeBron is shoot and ball handle.

Not to mention that you never know when Curry's body is going to break down, and he's proven to be wildly ineffective when he's banged up.
Hes better offensively period. Lebron shot is declining. He definitely won't look as good when he loses a step. Currys game can last

mgjohnson7851
05-28-2016, 02:18 PM
Hes better offensively period. Lebron shot is declining. He definitely won't look as good when he loses a step. Currys game can last

I don't know about that. LeBron is better at ball distribution.

How are you sure that Currys game can last? The guy is fragile, and is a non-factor when he's hurt. What happens to him when his body starts breaking down? Or when he's not as quick as he is right now?

jason
05-28-2016, 02:54 PM
I don't know about that. LeBron is better at ball distribution.

How are you sure that Currys game can last? The guy is fragile, and is a non-factor when he's hurt. What happens to him when his body starts breaking down? Or when he's not as quick as he is right now?

That's arguable and Curry finishs at the rim at a better. He can last cause hes the best shooter of all time with great handles. Curry has been relatively healthy. Lebrons game is going suffer a lot more when his body starts breaking down because he won't be able to depend his athleticism anymore

t_money25
05-28-2016, 03:10 PM
^This guy just said Curry finishes better at the rim than Lebron....

SMH you can't be serious

jason
05-28-2016, 03:19 PM

SMH you can't be serious
Percentage wise this year he has but his sample size is smaller obviously

t_money25
05-28-2016, 03:24 PM
Percentage wise this year he has but his sample size is smaller obviously

Small sample size or not they eye test clearly favors Lebron and it's not close IMO

jason
05-28-2016, 03:38 PM
Small sample size or not they eye test clearly favors Lebron and it's not close IMO
Eye test and not close? Disagree.. Curry is still better offensively IMO

lol, please
05-28-2016, 08:37 PM

SMH you can't be serious

Curry is the better finisher.

Not sure if you're being serious here....

mgjohnson7851
05-28-2016, 08:45 PM
Wait, what? More than one person thinks that? I ignored the first one because I figured "Whatever, if Curry was on my team I'd probably try to give him as many props as possible too." This is almost poll worthy because now I want to know if people actually think he's a better finisher than LeBron.

Jamiecballer
05-28-2016, 08:52 PM
What is actually intelligent and objective....is subjective.
Well a dick swinging contest (ie the best player is the one whose team is left standing) surely isn't it.

Chrisclover
05-28-2016, 09:15 PM
curry was the best player in the NBA the last 2 years. people still say LeBron probably because of consistency, defense and his longevity is now coming into the discussion too. but its pretty clear curry has been the man this year and last year, his offense dominates and trumps brons lead in defense.
Trump LeBron 's lead in defense? You have gotta be kidding me. When his shots are off, his team struggles mightily.

Chrisclover
05-28-2016, 09:19 PM
It goes

Curry
Westbrook
Durant
Leonard/James

King still takes over the game when he wants to. His shot selection is way better than that of Westbrook. Westbrook is full of energy but sometimes he just isn't that consistent and reliable.

t_money25
05-28-2016, 09:35 PM
Curry is the better finisher.

Not sure if you're being serious here....

Lol please.......not sure if you're being serious here. Lebron is widely regarded as one of the best finishers at the rim all time. You can't be serious here.

Chrisclover
05-29-2016, 02:01 AM
The fact that people continue to leave KD and Russ out of this discussion like it's Curry and still Lebron, or even Curry and Kawhi, is the very reason OKC is doing what they are doing right now and will probably win the championship.
Why did they just win like 55 games in the regular season?

More-Than-Most
05-29-2016, 02:21 AM
Serious question.. Has lebron ever actually been a secondary option in a must win game like curry was tonight or ever won a series where he was utter crap for 3 of the 6 games? Curry was very good tonight but Klay took the team on his back

lol, please
05-29-2016, 02:31 AM
Serious question.. Has lebron ever actually been a secondary option in a must win game like curry was tonight or ever won a series where he was utter crap for 3 of the 6 games? Curry was very good tonight but Klay took the team on his back

Why is it a knock on Curry that Klay is an elite player? He definitely put the team on his back and basically is the reason the game was close and ultimately a win, but isn't that what he is supposed to do?

Curry and Klay are both Warriors draft picks, Curry didn't jump ship to depend on Klay like Lebron did with Wade.

Saddletramp
05-29-2016, 04:19 AM
Why is it a knock on Curry that Klay is an elite player? He definitely put the team on his back and basically is the reason the game was close and ultimately a win, but isn't that what he is supposed to do?

Because, being the first unanimous MVP, it should have been Curry going crazy, not Klay. Klay willed them to win; Curry just was the help.

Curry and Klay are both Warriors draft picks, Curry didn't jump ship to depend on Klay like Lebron did with Wade.

If the Warriors didn't put studs around him, he would. Cleveland didn't put jack **** around Lebron and he still took a team to the Finals. Think about things before you post about them.

nastynice
05-29-2016, 06:19 AM

SMH you can't be serious

I think Lebron's a better player, but Curry is absolutely no doubt an elite finisher at the rim. At BEST, lebron is on par with curry. Maybe he IS, I don't know, from what I've seen of him over the past 2 years he doesn't seem to be consistent enough for me to put on Curry's level

nastynice
05-29-2016, 06:29 AM
Lol please.......not sure if you're being serious here. Lebron is widely regarded as one of the best finishers at the rim all time. You can't be serious here.

Oh are we talking about prime lebron or current lebron? Yea, prime lebron I would put on curry's level. hmm, maybe even better, I'm not sure. What that boy was doing with d Wade lob city in Miami was a thing of beauty

DanG
05-29-2016, 10:31 AM
LeBron is not an elite defender. He didn't even make the 2nd all-defense team and some say it's a popularity contest. Who does he guard exactly? Carroll?

LeBron has been better than Curry these playoffs, but Toronto isn't exactly OKC either.

FlashBolt
05-29-2016, 12:51 PM
LeBron is not an elite defender. He didn't even make the 2nd all-defense team and some say it's a popularity contest. Who does he guard exactly? Carroll?

LeBron has been better than Curry these playoffs, but Toronto isn't exactly OKC either.

Only ten players make the All-nba defensive teams... so you're telling me there are only ten elite defenders?

lol, please
05-29-2016, 11:28 PM
I think Lebron's a better player, but Curry is absolutely no doubt an elite finisher at the rim. At BEST, lebron is on par with curry. Maybe he IS, I don't know, from what I've seen of him over the past 2 years he doesn't seem to be consistent enough for me to put on Curry's level
:clap:

prodigy
05-30-2016, 02:17 AM
I don't want to bring back a slew of threads from the past few seasons, but last I saw, fans both in, and out of PSD had Curry listed as the best player of the league.

Now, I get that he has had an underwhelming series against the Thunder, but I think people are grossly overreacting about it. I am not saying it doesn't warrant criticism, it does - especially if you are an elite player.

But what was the last time Lebron actually had a case for being #1?

And can anyone actually make an argument for someone over Curry?

Let's see:

Curry already surpassed Lebron in playoff TS%

Curry .597
James .566

and is right behind him in PER

Curry 22.8
James 27.4

Despite James having many more games in the playoffs.

This is the only reason Curry is behind in Win Share metrics.

REGULAR SEASON:

Curry PER 31.5
Curry TS% .669
Curry WS 17.9
Curry WS/48 .318
Curry +/- for every 100 possessions: +17.9

Lebron PER 27.5
Lebron TS% .588
Lebron WS 13.6
Lebron WS/48 .242

Lebron +/- for every 100 possessions +11.7

I mean, we can go into records broken, but that isn't going to help "#TeamLebron" very much.

I just want one good reason for ranking Lebron above Curry. Just one.

If you gotta pick LeBron or Curry to start ur franchise with. both 19 years old. Who do you take? The guy who does everything on the court, or the guy who shoots 3's?

jason
05-30-2016, 02:24 AM
If you gotta pick LeBron or Curry to start ur franchise with. both 19 years old. Who do you take? The guy who does everything on the court, or the guy who shoots 3's?
Lol

Saddletramp
05-30-2016, 02:45 AM
Lol

Yeah, that's a no brainer.

jason
05-30-2016, 05:33 AM
Not that.. I think its funny that he continues to think that Steph is only capable of shooting 3s

Monta is beast
05-30-2016, 05:50 AM
Curry started the conversation on if he's the best player in the league in 14/15.

14/15

Steph Curry:

PER: 28.0 (+2.1)

TS%: .639

Win Shares: 15.7 (+5.3)

LeBron James:

PER: 25.9 (-2.1)

TS%: .538

Win Shares: 10.4 (-5.3)

15/16

Steph Curry:

PER: 31.5 (+4)

TS%: .669

Win Shares: 17.9 (+4.4)

LeBron James:

PER: 27.5 (-4)

TS%: .588

Win Shares: 13.6 (-4.4)

Curry has 1 championship, 2 mvps (1 unanimous) and lead his team to the greatest regular season off all time. Among the many other records he broke and joined (400 3's and 50-40-90 club).

The Warriors have won 30 more games than the Cavaliers over the last two years. Allot of people on here say the Warriors have more talent than the Cavs, but 30 games worth in 2 years? If LeBron is better than Curry shouldn't he be able to close that gap in wins?

What would Curry be if he couldn't shoot? What would LeBron be if he wasn't 6'9, 240 lbs and could run like a cheetah? Take away any players greatest strengh and what are they? Such an intelligent question, really. Curry did happen to lead all guards in paint fg%, lead the league in steals, averaged over 5 boards a game, dished out 7 assist and despite what people think is a good defender.

Laker Legend42
05-30-2016, 05:52 AM
Lebron is still the best player in the game today. But steph was the best player this season. I just didn't like how Lebron handled himself after the awards were announced. He should have said congrats and then waited for the warriors in the finals.

Scoots
05-30-2016, 12:08 PM

It is. Any reasonable person takes a 19 year old LeBron over a 19 year old Steph.

I think Steph is a better person and actually a considerably more skilled player than LeBron ... but there is no denying that Steph's window for success is made much smaller by his body.

kdspurman
05-30-2016, 12:13 PM

I feel like in one of their series against Indiana Wade and/or Bosh were the guys in a pivotal game. even the 2013 finals LeBron struggled early on in that series. It happens

smith&wesson
05-30-2016, 12:26 PM
Its def Lebron. . . he can take over and impact the game on both ends of the floor. Curry is the best scorer in the league, but not the best two way player. I don't think its even a discussion.

Scoots
05-30-2016, 12:29 PM
If Klay is hot, Curry doesn't pass to him, has a great game himself, and the Warriors lose, isn't the criticism even worse?

Ray Allen got LeBron a ring because LeBron was willing to pass him the ball. Westbrook and Durant lose when they take all the shots themselves.

lol, please
05-30-2016, 12:58 PM

So, we go from Curry being a complete player, to only being a shooter again?

You do realize that Lebron at 19 wasn't the Lebron of today?

Monta is beast
05-30-2016, 04:43 PM
I thought the thread was whos the best player in the game. Not whos had a better career.

lol, please
05-30-2016, 05:44 PM
I thought the thread was whos the best player in the game. Not whos had a better career.

Yup.

Peeps will just twist it any way they can to take away from Curry and what he's done in this sport.

More-Than-Most
05-30-2016, 07:09 PM

Lebron at 20 sure as hell was lol

27/8/7 in his second year :shrug:

lol, please
05-30-2016, 07:20 PM
Lebron at 20 sure as hell was lol

27/8/7 in his second year :shrug:
Not sure what you want me to say here. You basically agreed with me. :shrug:

europagnpilgrim
05-30-2016, 07:58 PM

Go look at Curry's highlights and I guarantee you its 90% 3pt shots and the other 10% passing and finishing at the rim, I mean you have to know that being a die hard Warriors fanatic

of course we realize Lebron at 19 is not the Lebron of today, when he was 19 he was dunking with his chest at the rim/looking down at the rim pretty much every time, go look back and see how he use to do his patented **** the ball back and dunk to how he dunks now, he barely gets his head rim level at low rate now and he cant go for 30pts straight like he did against Pistons in 07' and be ready to do it again the next game, he is going on his 14th season so of course a 19yr old Lebron is not the same as a 31year old with a million miles on his body

but anybody in right frame of mind would take a 19 yr old Lebron over same age Curry as they would the BigDipper over anybody at that same age, big man game no matter the era

Scoots
05-30-2016, 09:22 PM
Okay, just to clarify ... is anybody actually saying that they would draft a 19 year old Curry over 19 year old LeBron?

Scoots
05-30-2016, 09:31 PM
Go look at Curry's highlights and I guarantee you its 90% 3pt shots and the other 10% passing and finishing at the rim

Actually 55% of Curry's attempts were from 3. If you add in possessions that end in Curry assists the 3pt shots drops to 41.5% ... far from 90%.

KnicksorBust
05-30-2016, 11:37 PM
Westbrook voters setting themselves up for disappointment.

You were warned. #unanimousmvp. #bestintheworld

Saddletramp
05-31-2016, 05:01 AM
It is. Any reasonable person takes a 19 year old LeBron over a 19 year old Steph.

I think Steph is a better person and actually a considerably more skilled player than LeBron ... but there is no denying that Steph's window for success is made much smaller by his body.

Not to mention Lebron can take any team of his deep, no matter the supporting cast. Put today's Steph on that Cavs team back in '07 and they don't even make the playoffs. Curry is most effective when his teammates are effective. Lebron is just effective.

Monta is beast
05-31-2016, 05:14 AM
Curry started the conversation on if he's the best player in the league in 14/15.

14/15

Steph Curry:

PER: 28.0 (+2.1)

TS%: .639

Win Shares: 15.7 (+5.3)

LeBron James:

PER: 25.9 (-2.1)

TS%: .538

Win Shares: 10.4 (-5.3)

15/16

Steph Curry:

PER: 31.5 (+4)

Win Shares: 17.9 (+4.4)

LeBron James:

PER: 27.5 (-4)

Win Shares: 13.6 (-4.4)

Curry has 1 championship, 2 mvps (1 unanimous) and lead his team to the greatest regular season off all time. Among the many other records he broke and joined (400 3's and 50-40-90 club).

The Warriors have won 30 more games than the Cavaliers over the last two years. Allot of people on here say the Warriors have more talent than the Cavs, but 30 games worth in 2 years? If LeBron is better than Curry shouldn't he be able to close that gap in wins?

What would Curry be if he couldn't shoot? What would LeBron be if he wasn't 6'9, 240 lbs and could run like a cheetah? Take away any players greatest strengh and what are they? Such an intelligent question, really. Curry did happen to lead all guards in paint fg%, lead the league in steals, averaged over 5 boards a game, dished out 7 assist and despite what people think is a good defender.

lol, please
05-31-2016, 05:16 AM

Saddletramp is just going to ignore this.

nastynice
05-31-2016, 05:59 AM
Okay, just to clarify ... is anybody actually saying that they would draft a 19 year old Curry over 19 year old LeBron?

I might

KnicksorBust
05-31-2016, 07:24 AM
I look forward to this thread being repeatedly bumped after every game as people take turns claiming to be geniuses for picking LeBron/Curry in this thread.

KnicksorBust
05-31-2016, 07:26 AM
At least I won't have to listen to anymore of that Westbrook garbage. Showed his true colors in game 7 with a classic 7-21 game. :clap: They should have traded him a long time ago.

DanG
05-31-2016, 07:48 AM
So glad it's GSW vs CLE. Curry getting 37% of the votes is a disgrace.

I'd like to see the ultimate defender LeBron James guard either Curry/Klay.

Unfortunately we'll see him on Barnes.

lol.

KnicksorBust
05-31-2016, 11:29 AM

lol.

You sound like a troll but unfortunately I completely agree with you. That is people's go-to argument "well LeBron is so much better than Curry defensively so he's the best player." Let's see if he even makes an impact this year. Last finals he didn't do anything defensively but people gave him the excuse of carrying the offense. With Love/Kyrie around I don't want to hear it.

Saddletramp
05-31-2016, 01:53 PM
Saddletramp is just going to ignore this.

It's the same stuff we've already heard (plus a "Curry is a good defender"). So I'll repeat myself. Ehhhhh, no I won't. Why do I keep responding to you?

CHANGO
05-31-2016, 02:25 PM
I might

Then you are going to be the WORST GM EVER.

That is not even a debate.

CHANGO
05-31-2016, 02:27 PM

lol.

Why is Lebron James 6'8 or 6'9 going to guard Curry or Klay when the Cavs have Delly, Irving, Shumpert and JR... That would be stupid bro...

Unless they play the W's like OKC switching everything (IMO the best way to defend them, not double teaming Curry).

And if I remember correctly, Lebron defended Klay sometimes on last Finals.

mngopher35
05-31-2016, 02:31 PM
I think the end of the season is a better time to do this personally which is why I haven't answered yet but I definitely think we can rule out Durant (Westy has outplayed him in their last two playoff runs and is the main creator). My guess is the other votes were for Westy who I think needs to be a little smarter running the o to take that claim.

I am leaning Curry as the best player but want to see him dominate the finals first. If Lebron is again the best player in the finals it could sway me into him still being the best but if I had to guess Curry will take it.

nastynice
05-31-2016, 02:32 PM
Then you are going to be the WORST GM EVER.

That is not even a debate.

Maybe so, but I'd prob also get more rings over the next 15 yrs, so id be ok with that title :)

Tony_Starks
05-31-2016, 02:45 PM
I think the end of the season is a better time to do this personally which is why I haven't answered yet but I definitely think we can rule out Durant (Westy has outplayed him in their last two playoff runs and is the main creator). My guess is the other votes were for Westy who I think needs to be a little smarter running the o to take that claim.

I am leaning Curry as the best player but want to see him dominate the finals first. If Lebron is again the best player in the finals it could sway me into him still being the best but if I had to guess Curry will take it.

For me Steph answered the question of him vs KD or Russ in that series. Both had their opportunities to dominate a game and finish him off and couldn't do it. Both folded as the pressure got bigger. Meanwhile Steph kept getting better and hitting bigger shots.

So scratch them, now Lebron gets his chance to make his case.

CHANGO
05-31-2016, 02:54 PM
Maybe so, but I'd prob also get more rings over the next 15 yrs, so id be ok with that title :)

Oh yeah, I forgot you can read the future.

But probably with your GM skill you wouldn't be getting Klay, Dray, Iggy, Bogut, etc... So, sorry, no rings for you.

mngopher35
05-31-2016, 02:59 PM
For me Steph answered the question of him vs KD or Russ in that series. Both had their opportunities to dominate a game and finish him off and couldn't do it. Both folded as the pressure got bigger. Meanwhile Steph kept getting better and hitting bigger shots.

I wasn't overly impressed with Steph actually last series while Westbrook was to start (without Klay going off game 6 OKC wins so it wasn't just Curry). I do agree though that he finished too weak to separate himself and given Steph's rs and last year I think you gotta still give him the edge despite what I would consider a somewhat even series overall. Westbrook needs to just play a little smarter offensively with his shot selection and I think he has a case moving forward (this shows late in games too which hurts). Durant was just disappointing.

I kinda agree about Lebron getting his chance to make his case now too. Personally I feel James was better to end last year (guessing we differ here) but even I think it is up to him to outplay Curry not just play even if he wants to clearly have best player title. Curry had such an amazing season and it is following up a great year so to me he should probably have the edge in the conversation going in.

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-31-2016, 03:03 PM

Agreed

nastynice
05-31-2016, 03:07 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot you can read the future.

But probably with your GM skill you wouldn't be getting Klay, Dray, Iggy, Bogut, etc... So, sorry, no rings for you.

No, but I CAN read the past.

Lebron makes bad players good, good players good, and great players good.

Steph makes bad players bad, good players great, and great players elite.

One of those is IMO a much better formula than the other for winning trophies. The thing that makes me lean toward lebron is that I feel maybe I could have put him in a much diff situation from day 1, giving him a coach with authority, create a learning situation for him, give him someone to defer to, etc. Given his natural gift of being an athletic freak, I feel maybe I could have created a player that would be much more lethal than current lebron who unfortunately was given the keys from day 1 and always 100% leaned on from day 1.

lol, please
05-31-2016, 03:19 PM
At least I won't have to listen to anymore of that Westbrook garbage. Showed his true colors in game 7 with a classic 7-21 game. :clap: They should have traded him a long time ago.

wow. Have to admit that's kinda harsh.

lol.

Hilarious lol.

And Barnes is arguably the weakest link of the starting squad. Lebron would have no answer for the Splash Bros draining deep 3's over him.

prodigy
05-31-2016, 08:47 PM
Not that.. I think its funny that he continues to think that Steph is only capable of shooting 3s

Its what he does most the time right? i mean he can drive but he prefers to run threw 6000 screens at the 3pt line. am i wrong on that? Lebron can honestly do everything on a court. everything. Curry cannot. Sure its cuz of size but thats part of the game.

prodigy
05-31-2016, 08:53 PM
but anybody in right frame of mind would take a 19 yr old Lebron over same age Curry as they would the BigDipper over anybody at that same age, big man game no matter the era

right.

I think these "warrior" fans are another reason people hate Curry. He's GREAT best shooter ever period. Seems like a great teammate and dad. But to say he's better then Lebron is dumb. it really is. that's also having no respect for LeBron and what he has done over 13 years.

prodigy
05-31-2016, 08:56 PM
BTW we will def see Lebron covering Thompson and Curry. Remember cavs do have Shump and Delly so Cavs won't put Lebron on them just to say they did lol. But second half of games no question Lebron will be all over whos hot. Lebron always does that.

FlashBolt
05-31-2016, 09:28 PM
No, but I CAN read the past.

Lebron makes bad players good, good players good, and great players good.

Steph makes bad players bad, good players great, and great players elite.

One of those is IMO a much better formula than the other for winning trophies. The thing that makes me lean toward lebron is that I feel maybe I could have put him in a much diff situation from day 1, giving him a coach with authority, create a learning situation for him, give him someone to defer to, etc. Given his natural gift of being an athletic freak, I feel maybe I could have created a player that would be much more lethal than current lebron who unfortunately was given the keys from day 1 and always 100% leaned on from day 1.

Where da F did you come up with this formula? Klay and Green were elite against the Rockets and Blazers WITHOUT Curry. Irving and Love looked like two lost bambis without LeBron when he sat out games. Seriously, your formula is way off and it doesn't even make sense to the point where I'm going to assume you're just being incredibly biased without looking back at facts.

Scoots
05-31-2016, 09:31 PM
More mental masturbation.

There is no settling this argument. People will never agree.

FlashBolt
05-31-2016, 09:38 PM

People never agree anyways.. but a discussion is a discussion. I don't agree with your mental masturbation crap either.

CHANGO
05-31-2016, 09:39 PM

Ok Scoots, we got it. Let's mentally masturbate together. :)

CHANGO
05-31-2016, 09:40 PM
Where da F did you come up with this formula? Klay and Green were elite against the Rockets and Blazers WITHOUT Curry. Irving and Love looked like two lost bambis without LeBron when he sat out games. Seriously, your formula is way off and it doesn't even make sense to the point where I'm going to assume you're just being incredibly biased without looking back at facts.

LMAO that's why I didn't answer.

His "analysis" is ********.

And also he didn't understand the question. NOBODY ON THEIR RIGHT MINDS would take Curry over Lebron if both were 19. Lebron was the biggest thing since Kobe or MJ at that age. Curry wasn't even talked.

FlashBolt
05-31-2016, 09:44 PM
LMAO that's why I didn't answer.

His "analysis" is ********.

And also he didn't understand the question. NOBODY ON THEIR RIGHT MINDS would take Curry over Lebron if both were 19. Lebron was the biggest thing since Kobe or MJ at that age. Curry wasn't even talked.

I had to read it twice to make sure it wasn't a typo.. Curry makes bad players bad? What? How does one make a bad player more bad but can then make a great player elite? That makes NO sense. You either make players better around you or you don't. Stephen Curry can't make a bad player play bad.. if you're bad, you are BAD. He can make them better by getting them open shots. It's like he just makes things up using his imagination.

Saddletramp
05-31-2016, 11:56 PM
Nastynice is just homering it up again. Like someone just said a few posts back, some of these fans are a reason the Warriors are not being liked.

Saddletramp
06-01-2016, 12:08 AM

Timing really is everything. With the cap going waaaay up soon, the Warriors will be able to keep guys they wouldn't have before. Plus, the Warriors FO made some good moves to upgrade the team that Lebron didn't have back in his early years. Can you imagine what Lebron woulda done on a stacked team that grew up together and had management that made moves like the Warriors have done for Curry?

Also, with no Irving or Love, the Cavs are still in the Finals. Without Klay, the Warriors would be fishing now. He willed that team in game six while Curry wasn't Curry until Klay bailed him out.

Look, I know you love your boy and he's great and all but would you really pick Curry over Lebron at age 19? Forget teammates and coaches and location because those wouldn't neccesarily be the same. Your brand new franchise is the NastyNice Basketball Players and you have the first pick. Curry or Lebron?

lol, please
06-01-2016, 12:15 AM
Things I learned in this thread over the last 24 hours:

Curry is "just a shooter".
Lebron is a better all around player than Curry.
If you are on stacked team, it's a knock on you - God forbid your team steps up in your absence. I guess for Curry to be revered as great, the Rockets or Blazers should have beaten the Dubs these playoffs.

And I am still waiting for someone to explain to me how Lebron is a better rim finisher than Curry. (hint: he isn't). But I know better than to hold my breathe on that one.

Monta is beast
06-01-2016, 12:19 AM
The thread is who is the best player in the league. Not who would you pick at 19, or whos had the better career.

lol, please
06-01-2016, 12:21 AM
The thread is who is the best player in the league. Not who would you pick at 19, or whos had the better career.

Yup.

Just goes to show you how far these cats are reaching.

What's next - who has better press conferences? Who does more for the community? Who is better at chess? Who has a higher nba2k rating?

I don't even know how we got into "who is better coming out of high school doe", but you are right, that's not relevant to this discussion. AT ALL.

nastynice
06-01-2016, 12:27 AM
Lemme take y'all kids to school. Sit down, shut up, and pay attention :) lol

Curry is not the type of player to be able to take a bunch of scrubs and carry them. Lebron is. That's what I meant by "bad players". Lebron is too dominant for him to allow other players to be great with any regularity. The way he plays, kinda like harden, is if he's affecting the game on the offensive end, no one else can get an offensive rhythm outside of catch and shoot or drive catch and dunk.

Even look with Irving now, when he steps to the side and let's Irving control the offense, lebron is basically invisible, whereas curry has great off the ball movement which still impacts defenses while letting his teammates get into a rhythm. Curry creates space and opportunity for his players to DRIBBLE and find their rhythm, but they need to be already good to take advantage of that.

Flash bolt, the point you made about green/Thompson vs Irving/love backs up exactly what I'm saying. Because when curry is in the game, players are still creating, getting touches, getting dribbles. Finding, building, and improving their game. That's why if u take curry out of the formula for any given game or couple games mid season, they can still perform because that's how hey be BEEN playing. Irving and love, they are so dependent on lebron being the one that creates for them (or in irving's case having lebron be ur safety man by ur side), that they get lost trying to play without him. All of a sudden they need to find their rhythm, movement, and run the offense, but they haven't been doing it all year so now without lebron they're lost.

And no, it's not as simple as u either make players around u better, or u don't. If that was the case, how is lebron making mo Williams (who's actually pretty good btw) an all star while also making bosh and love disappear.

All this stuff also has to do with coaching, but I think the points I brought up are still inherent to their style of play.

Chang, flash, saddle, ur very welcome. After reading this post, you now understand the game of basketball better than you did before reading it. Consider urself schooled :cool:

Also, let me clarify, me (possibly) going with curry doesn't mean I'm saying he's better, I'm just saying he's who I would rather build around because the way he plays allows for a more team oriented game.

Let me also say, I may have misunderstood, I am saying that knowing what I know now and looking back I would (possibly) take curry over lebron. If we're saying just look at them at 19 without knowing what the future holds, then damn of course I'm going with lebron. lol, what kinda question is that. Hell, I'd prob take milicic over curry!

Feel free to ask me next time something about bball confuses you ;)

Saddletramp
06-01-2016, 01:16 AM
Lemme take y'all kids to school. Sit down, shut up, and pay attention :) lol

Curry is not the type of player to be able to take a bunch of scrubs and carry them. Lebron is.

I stopped reading after this, Teach. You've just, with those two sentences, confirmed that even you know what we're saying.

Class dismissed.

Saddletramp
06-01-2016, 01:21 AM

It kind of is, though. You take away the schemes and the teams and who is better? Which guy is the best, regardless of anything else? You can have the best stats. You can have the most wins. You can have the only unanimous MVP but at the end of the day, you're playing street ball with your bros and these two guys walk up and you can pick only one.

That's all this is about. Who is better?

Monta is beast
06-01-2016, 01:22 AM
And right now curry is better

Chronz
06-01-2016, 01:51 AM
Lay off Durant. Dude was playing dpoy caliber defense while russ rested on defense

prodigy
06-01-2016, 01:52 AM
rebounding- LeBron
passing- LeBron
defense- LeBron
Offense- Both shoot 50% with curry avg 3 more pts with taking 2 more shots a game. Both are great Offensive players its hard to pick one. Curry Shoots higher % from most areas so we can give it to Curry. But LeBron is a bad bad man as well.

Curry also shot 11 3's a game this last post season. He's not just a shooter, but pretty darn close. And he's great at it that's a gift this young man has. But he is what he is.

I just don't understand what makes Curry a better basketball player then LeBron. If Curry was a center he'd be benched at end of games because no defense. Lebron will be put on best offensive player at end of big games.

If someone could give me a real reasons I will listen and I will change my mind if a great argument is made.

prodigy
06-01-2016, 01:56 AM
Even look with Irving now, when he steps to the side and let's Irving control the offense, lebron is basically invisible, whereas curry has great off the ball movement which still impacts defenses while letting his teammates get into a rhythm. Curry creates space and opportunity for his players to DRIBBLE and find their rhythm, but they need to be already good to take advantage of that.

Irving is prob the best one on one player in basketball. I know that's up for debate but he's top 3 no question. Cavs have plays where Irving just goes one on one. So yes LeBron and everyone else will be invisible because that's the play call. But LeBron has moved really well without the ball this postseason. gets lots of dunks and spotted up 3 times last game. he's not nearly as bad off the ball. He could be better but not bad at all.

lol, please
06-01-2016, 02:08 AM
It kind of is, though. You take away the schemes and the teams and who is better? Which guy is the best, regardless of anything else? You can have the best stats. You can have the most wins. You can have the only unanimous MVP but at the end of the day, you're playing street ball with your bros and these two guys walk up and you can pick only one.

That's all this is about. Who is better?
You narrow down his quote to only encompass the 19 yr old comment, and you don't even address it.

What does taking away schemes and teams have to do with sticking to the players in question in current form, and not fringe teenie boppers fresh out of high school?

lol, please
06-01-2016, 02:18 AM
rebounding- LeBron
passing- LeBron
defense- LeBron
Offense- Both shoot 50% with curry avg 3 more pts with taking 2 more shots a game. Both are great Offensive players its hard to pick one. Curry Shoots higher % from most areas so we can give it to Curry. But LeBron is a bad bad man as well.

Curry also shot 11 3's a game this last post season. He's not just a shooter, but pretty darn close. And he's great at it that's a gift this young man has. But he is what he is.

I just don't understand what makes Curry a better basketball player then LeBron. If Curry was a center he'd be benched at end of games because no defense. Lebron will be put on best offensive player at end of big games.

If someone could give me a real reasons I will listen and I will change my mind if a great argument is made.
Curry is not a center, so I'm not sure what that proves. He is also an above average defender, but still, arguing that he would suck as a center is ridiculous.

LeBron isn't a better defender, passer, or offensive player than Curry.

Curry is like half his size, which is what makes his dominance so impressive.

His assists and steals speak for themselves. Curry does so much off the ball, I don't understand where this myth of him just being a shooter comes from. It was true when he was a rookie, but for the last 4ish seasons, the man has had a pretty complete game, and he's gotten better every year.

LeBron beats defenders with explosiveness, and he takes advantage of his length and athleticism and can wreck havoc on a fast break. Curry doesn't have his explosiveness or his size, but he still can get to the rim by dribbling through and around double and triple teams and still beat the paint protectors that tower over him.

nastynice
06-01-2016, 02:19 AM
Timing really is everything. With the cap going waaaay up soon, the Warriors will be able to keep guys they wouldn't have before. Plus, the Warriors FO made some good moves to upgrade the team that Lebron didn't have back in his early years. Can you imagine what Lebron woulda done on a stacked team that grew up together and had management that made moves like the Warriors have done for Curry?

Also, with no Irving or Love, the Cavs are still in the Finals. Without Klay, the Warriors would be fishing now. He willed that team in game six while Curry wasn't Curry until Klay bailed him out.

Look, I know you love your boy and he's great and all but would you really pick Curry over Lebron at age 19? Forget teammates and coaches and location because those wouldn't neccesarily be the same. Your brand new franchise is the NastyNice Basketball Players and you have the first pick. Curry or Lebron?

Man, that's a tough one. I'm not 100% sure, which is why in my last post I put "possibly" in quotes. Gun to my head, this second, I think I gotta take curry. The TEAM potential with him seems higher.

But man, I would love to get lebron and put him in as a 2nd option with some hardened vets w deep playoff experience and a coach that won't hesitate to bench him if he isn't doing his job. Then, eventually make a single superstar team with a lot of players that do only 2-4 things but do them very well. Some 3 and d (examples: Korver, Bowen), athletic paint presence (ezeli, Tristan Thompson, maybe even plumlee), 1-2 pure scorers/slashers (j Crawford). Just get general length (Livingston), focus on defense, and allow the couple scorer/slashers to step in with lebron and with lebron on the bench to allow surrounding players stay true to their role. Lebron is so dominant and versatile, I really think u gotta go 1 superstar + deep GOOD role players. Maybe also a shooting big (aminu) for some diff looks.

Damn, that Cleveland FO for Lebron's first time around was such a tragedy. I'll give them props this time tho, they did make some good moves, obviously not the same kinda moves I'd make, but still they got a pretty good team outside of lebron.

nastynice
06-01-2016, 02:21 AM
I stopped reading after this, Teach. You've just, with those two sentences, confirmed that even you know what we're saying.

Class dismissed.

I know exactly what ur saying, what we're disagreeing on is what constitutes the best player. Because according to this criteria, then harden is better than curry. But would u agree with that statement?

It's too bad u didn't read the whole post, u mighta learned something. Or at the very least, see where I'm coming from

nastynice
06-01-2016, 02:39 AM
Irving is prob the best one on one player in basketball. I know that's up for debate but he's top 3 no question. Cavs have plays where Irving just goes one on one. So yes LeBron and everyone else will be invisible because that's the play call. But LeBron has moved really well without the ball this postseason. gets lots of dunks and spotted up 3 times last game. he's not nearly as bad off the ball. He could be better but not bad at all.

That prob explains why he legit goes invisible when Kyrie has the ball, and I know he CAN move w/o the ball, he did in Miami, but he's nowhere close, NOT CLOSE to curry in that dept, curry is absolutely elite. I'm thinking of guys like rip Hamilton or Ray Allen who were known as the best at this, and curry is IMO curry is ahead of all these guys.

And I'm not complaining about it, but you can almost take any other (meaning half) given play and see how much curry gets fouled off the ball. I see his jersey stretch in real time regularly. The other day, they replayed a random play just talking about curry, the boy got fouled THREE times by three diff players running from one wing of the court to the other. They were even laughing, like whoa, whoa, whoa, dang this dude gettin fouled kinda harsh, lol.

That shows what type of effect he has on defenses off the ball, combine that with the effect he has WITH the ball, which to my eyes he has the strongest gravity effect on defense that I have EVER seen in my life (watching since early 90's), the amount of space and openings he creates for his teammates for up to 24 seconds on every offensive possession is just so far beyond Lebron's effect in that particular category. It's not even close, it's completely in a diff league.

Lebron definitely creates space and openings for his guys too, at a very high level too, but curry does it at a level that we have just never seen before in this sport.

Monta is beast
06-01-2016, 02:46 AM
rebounding- LeBron
passing- LeBron
defense- LeBron

Offense - Curry (and its not really close. Look at the #'s, no one has ever done what Curry did in terms of scoring and efficiency this season)

Playmaking - Curry (spacing creates better shots for other teammates, which LeBron can only do by driving then dishing or posting up. Not to mention how many times 2 people run at steph of the p&r and leave the warriors playing 4 on 3. LeBron is the better passer, but overall the threat of Curry makes him a better playmaker.)

Leadership - Curry (I forgot who but a college coach told his team, be less like Lebron and more like Curry in terms of attitude and leadership).

Clutchness - Curry (again not close. Curry is the clutchest player I've ever seen, i starting watching ball in 2000. Ive heard people say he's the clutchest player since Jordan, ive also heard people say he clutcher than Jordan.)

nastynice
06-01-2016, 02:54 AM
Offense - Curry (and its not really close. Look at the #'s, no one has ever done what Curry did in terms of scoring and efficiency this season)

Playmaking - Curry (spacing creates better shots for other teammates, which LeBron can only do by driving then dishing or posting up. Not to mention how many times 2 people run at steph of the p&r and leave the warriors playing 4 on 3. LeBron is the better passer, but overall the threat of Curry makes him a better playmaker.)

Leadership - Curry (I forgot who but a college coach told his team, be less like Lebron and more like Curry in terms of attitude and leadership).

Clutchness - Curry (again not close. Curry is the clutchest player I've ever seen, i starting watching ball in 2000. Ive heard people say he's the clutchest player since Jordan, ive also heard people say he clutcher than Jordan.)

I would have to give lebron leadership, he really is an amazing leader. But that's kinda unfair, he has so many more seasons under his belt, and that's what builds leadership.

Also, IMO Jordan is the clutchest, you just always knew he was gonna take that last shot, everyone did, and he'd still just keep drilling them. Curry is really developing a true clutch factor tho, it's one of the things about his game I'm most excited about. Some of the best clutch play I've seen.

Monta is beast
06-01-2016, 03:17 AM
2014/2015

Steph Curry:

Win Shares: 15.7

PER: 28.0

TS%: .638

Plus/Minus: +917 (+12.7 per 36 minutes)

LeBron James:

Win Shares: 10.4

PER: 25.9

TS%: .577

Plus/Minus: +541 (+7.8 per 36 minutes)

Curry also won the MVP and a championship. In 14/15 Curry was clearly the better player.

2015/2016

Steph Curry:

Win Shares: 17.9

PER: 31.5

Plus/Minus: +1,022 (+13.6 per 36 minutes)

LeBron James:

Win Shares: 13.6

PER: 27.5

Plus/Minus: +618 (+8.2 per 36 minutes)

Curry won the MVP in a unanimous decision (first time ever). He also led his team to the greatest regular season of all-time. In 15/16 Curry again clearly the better player.

Monta is beast
06-01-2016, 03:20 AM
I would have to give lebron leadership, he really is an amazing leader. But that's kinda unfair, he has so many more seasons under his belt, and that's what builds leadership.

Also, IMO Jordan is the clutchest, you just always knew he was gonna take that last shot, everyone did, and he'd still just keep drilling them. Curry is really developing a true clutch factor tho, it's one of the things about his game I'm most excited about. Some of the best clutch play I've seen.

I disagree I don't think LeBron is a good leader at all. All those passive aggressive tweets directed at Kyrie and Love. Him telling D Wade during a game he would go back to Miami if they didn't start to play better. When he was in Miami that was still D Wades team in terms of leadership.

Monta is beast
06-01-2016, 03:23 AM
2014/2015

Steph Curry:

Win Shares: 15.7

PER: 28.0

TS%: .638

Plus/Minus: +917 (+12.7 per 36 minutes)

LeBron James:

Win Shares: 10.4

PER: 25.9

TS%: .577

Plus/Minus: +541 (+7.8 per 36 minutes)

Curry also won the MVP and a championship. In 14/15 Curry was clearly the better player.

2015/2016

Steph Curry:

Win Shares: 17.9

PER: 31.5

Plus/Minus: +1,022 (+13.6 per 36 minutes)

LeBron James:

Win Shares: 13.6

PER: 27.5

Plus/Minus: +618 (+8.2 per 36 minutes)

Curry won the MVP in a unanimous decision (first time ever). He also led his team to the greatest regular season of all-time. In 15/16 Curry again clearly the better player.

nastynice
06-01-2016, 03:40 AM
I disagree I don't think LeBron is a good leader at all. All those passive aggressive tweets directed at Kyrie and Love. Him telling D Wade during a game he would go back to Miami if they didn't start to play better. When he was in Miami that was still D Wades team in terms of leadership.

That's true. He's hella wierd when it comes to media, lol. I guess I mean more like he's a really good floor general. He does seem to have good command of his team and they all seem to look up to him. I don't know. He def does do weird *** **** here n there

prodigy
06-01-2016, 04:44 AM
Curry is not a center, so I'm not sure what that proves. He is also an above average defender, but still, arguing that he would suck as a center is ridiculous.

LeBron isn't a better defender, passer, or offensive player than Curry.[/QUOTE]

I'm done you clearly are so bias you cannot see reality. that's ok though. It will be a fun playoffs enjoy man.

More-Than-Most
06-01-2016, 04:45 AM

LeBron isn't a better defender, passer, or offensive player than Curry.

Curry is like half his size, which is what makes his dominance so impressive.

His assists and steals speak for themselves. Curry does so much off the ball, I don't understand where this myth of him just being a shooter comes from. It was true when he was a rookie, but for the last 4ish seasons, the man has had a pretty complete game, and he's gotten better every year.

LeBron beats defenders with explosiveness, and he takes advantage of his length and athleticism and can wreck havoc on a fast break. Curry doesn't have his explosiveness or his size, but he still can get to the rim by dribbling through and around double and triple teams and still beat the paint protectors that tower over him.

Curry is an above average defender? In what universe? He isnt even fricking average holy ****.

prodigy
06-01-2016, 04:59 AM

Like I said I agree curry. But to say its not close? Lebron shoots 50% from floor. ya he's not a sniper but he gets his pts. and you still can't just leave him open from three LeBron does get hot. Have respect.

Ya Lebrons no threat lol. put a PG on Lebron no biggie he sucks LMAO! Both players make below avg players good. Frye, Delly etc... Even got JR Smith back on track.

I agree 100% here. I think Lebron has been a horrible leader throughout his career. Even this year many mistakes. I don't think Curry is much of a leader, nothing that really proves or disproves that. BUT BUT BUT. Lebron has controlled JR Smith and I give him much credit for that. JR Smith would not respect Curry. I honestly believe that.

I also heard people say the holocaust never happened. don't believe that stuff. Lebron is clutch, has hit many clutch baskets. But Curry is butter because of his great shooting ability.

Curry is a great player. Will be a HOF player easy no question. He's a legend. But Lebron is a better passer u agreed. Lebron can cover 1-5 positions, He scores just as much as curry with less shots and way less three's.

End of the day we can all make one or the other sound better. Both great players.

GoferKing_
06-01-2016, 05:17 AM
I'm done you clearly are so bias you cannot see reality. that's ok though. It will be a fun playoffs enjoy man.

Don't worry, none of Greens kicks, trips, wrestling moves were intentional according to him, and there is no way to "prove malicious intent". No point arguing with him.

nastynice
06-01-2016, 06:15 AM

Curry is an above average defender? In what universe? He isnt even fricking average holy ****.

??

Do you really think this? What makes u say this?

prodigy
06-01-2016, 06:54 AM
Curry is a bad defender. just because he plays passing lanes don't mean hes great.

Also if it wasn't for Thompson, Curry would be sitting at home watching LeBron vs Durant.

nastynice
06-01-2016, 07:06 AM
Curry is a bad defender. just because he plays passing lanes don't mean hes great.

Also if it wasn't for Thompson, Curry would be sitting at home watching LeBron vs Durant.

Passing lanes has nothing to do with it. I'm just legit curious what would make someone call him a bad defender.

I obviously watch a lot of Warriors and he never sticks out as a bad defender. Did you see how many times curry got switched onto plumlee in the paint last round? How much damage did plumlee do on him? What were westys numbers while curry defended him?

I think the fact that we have other players who are better defenders, bigger and longer, so we match them up accordingly, has somehow created this myth that curry's a bad defender, when IMO he's actually legitimately a very good defender. It's all iq, he's obviously not the most physical presence on defense.

I'm not saying ur wrong, but we're clearly seeing diff things on the court, I'm legit curious what makes u say he's bad.