PDA

View Full Version : Durant vs. Lebron

krazylegz
05-23-2016, 03:14 PM
to see these beasts go at each other in a 7 game series would be the best thing for the nba and its ratings...cant wait!!

Slug3
05-23-2016, 03:19 PM
They played against each other in the 2012 finals. Durant and Westbrook actually played pretty good that series, they just literally had no other help. Not even from Harden.

FlashBolt
05-23-2016, 03:19 PM
Sorry to tell you but any Finals without GSW will not draw higher ratings than with. Too many bandwagoners would be lost on who everyone else is.

krazylegz
05-23-2016, 03:23 PM
Sorry to tell you but any Finals without GSW will not draw higher ratings than with. Too many bandwagoners would be lost on who everyone else is.

but dont bandwagoners,well...bandwagon on whoever makes it....a bandwagon gsw fan today,will be a okc or cav fan tomorrow right??

CHANGO
05-23-2016, 03:26 PM
Any matchup would be great except one with the Raps involved (no offense).

I think the Cavs are praying for OKC to win, they seem to matchup better against them. BUT any team that can beat the Spurs are Warriors is a dangerous team.

Tony_Starks
05-23-2016, 03:32 PM
The Cavs are indeed praying OKC makes it but this ain't the same KD and Russ he faced before. The wet behind the ears, just happy to be there KD and Russ.

These dudes are battle tested with a absolute chip on their shoulder. They know how hard it is now to get back to the Finals...if you're in the West.

I expect a 6 game series with OKC hoisting the trophy on their home floor.,

FlashBolt
05-23-2016, 03:36 PM
The Cavs are indeed praying OKC makes it but this ain't the same KD and Russ he faced before. The wet behind the ears, just happy to be there KD and Russ.

These dudes are battle tested with a absolute chip on their shoulder. They know how hard it is now to get back to the Finals...if you're in the West.

I expect a 6 game series with OKC hoisting the trophy on their home floor.,

I fully agree with you but we haven't beaten a LeBron led team decisively at all. If LeBron outplays Durant, we have zero chance of winning because those guys are the difference makers.

Tony_Starks
05-23-2016, 03:51 PM
I fully agree with you but we haven't beaten a LeBron led team decisively at all. If LeBron outplays Durant, we have zero chance of winning because those guys are the difference makers.

Yeah but there's slim chance Lebron does that.

Psychological advantage is huge. First time go round Lebron was big brother. He was totally in his comfort zone from playing with KD in the summer, plus had the HUGE advantage of having a proven champ D Wade to navigate him through it.

KD was a fresh fish. Nice Kevin.

This time? KD is in kill mode, plus Westbrook is waaaaaaay better to take some of the pressure off him this time around.

IndyRealist
05-23-2016, 03:58 PM
Any matchup would be great except one with the Raps involved (no offense).

I think the Cavs are praying for OKC to win, they seem to matchup better against them. BUT any team that can beat the Spurs are Warriors is a dangerous team.

Ratings wise, any match up at this point is a win for the league. The Raps would have an entire country watching.

europagnpilgrim
05-23-2016, 04:08 PM
the nba will win regardless, if KD wins then he finally beats big brother and will stay in OKC for probably years to come or sign a one year offer to see if they can repeat

Lebron wins then he finally gets one for the Land and ends a Cleveland drought of 1000years and will be looked as some marvel comic book folk hero and his decision to leave and return will be justified and blow out of proportion(in a good way)

KD loses and opens up a slight chance for a legit team out there to sway him to leave OKC, which in turn would put Westbrook as the next headliner who may leave

Lebron loses and all we would hear until the tip off of new season is how he cant win the big one without Wade and how his 2-5 finals record sucks and he wont be a top 5 ever player and other jibberish, this is actually the best ratings the nba would get with all the backlash he would receive If he loses to either team left out West

its amazing how the nba continues to win rather fixed or not, its built to win

JordansBulls
05-23-2016, 11:36 PM

But Durant actually outplayed Lebron in 2012. Durant 31 ppg on 55% FG while Lebron was at 29 ppg on 47% FG.

JordansBulls
05-23-2016, 11:38 PM
Ratings wise, any match up at this point is a win for the league. The Raps would have an entire country watching.

This. People get caught up in what people will watch but Toronto winning would change the entire scheme. You may have more who watch a Toronto vs OKC than a GSW vs Cle due to Toronto having the entire country watching.

bucketss
05-23-2016, 11:45 PM
i don't think Canadian viewers are counted

Jayb587
05-23-2016, 11:57 PM
to see these beasts go at each other in a 7 game series would be the best thing for the nba and its ratings...cant wait!!

not going 7. I absolutely believe the thunder will slaughter these cle clowns in 5 games. Westbrook is on a mission and as much as people are talking up the KD/bron MU it will be westbrook who destroys the cavs,

P.S. love will be useless against the thunder

Aust
05-24-2016, 01:05 AM
Don't care about the ratings, I'd prefer an OKC - TOR series.