PDA

View Full Version : Greatest FLOP of all time?

mnatiq
05-22-2016, 01:14 PM
https://vine.co/v/iEw6VKVtKhO

lol, please
05-22-2016, 01:17 PM
https://vine.co/v/iEw6VKVtKhO

It was pathetic and hilarious at the same time. And then the ref tries to put it on Carroll. Just a hilarious turn of events that exposes the flopping, and favoritism rampant in the NBA.

HandsOnTheWheel
05-22-2016, 01:20 PM
Classic.

Chronz
05-22-2016, 01:37 PM
Umm he did get hit and he reacted like he got shot. That's not even the worst flop of the game, hell this wasn't even during game action and the refs reviewed the incident and saw the multiple perspectives we did and called it exactly how they should've.

You must be new to the nba if you think this is thread worthy. This ain't even Brons worst "flop" much less all time.

Scoots
05-22-2016, 04:30 PM
Umm he did get hit and he reacted like he got shot. That's not even the worst flop of the game, hell this wasn't even during game action and the refs reviewed the incident and saw the multiple perspectives we did and called it exactly how they should've.

You must be new to the nba if you think this is thread worthy. This ain't even Brons worst "flop" much less all time.

Indeed. The question is, will he get a warning or a fine? My guess is no.

MygirlhatesCod
05-22-2016, 04:47 PM

of course he wont. i thought you knew Lebron does nothing wrong!

JasonJohnHorn
05-22-2016, 04:58 PM
Classic LeBron.

Talents as all hell.... and the best all around player in the game, no doubt. But it infuriates me that he flops like that. Yes, he did get hit.... but really...

I hate seeing him to this. It is a discredit to the rest of his game.

D-Leethal
05-22-2016, 05:12 PM
Definitely the funniest since he flopped like a ***** to sell a slap that he didn't even know came from his own teammate.

mike_noodles
05-22-2016, 05:22 PM
I'm a Raps fan and I don't even think this is a flop. He took a shot in the mouth and lost his balance after he jerked his head back (which is the natural reaction after taking a shot in the mouth). If anybody actually watched the game, you could see him checking on his mouth for a couple minutes after the incident looking for blood, and yes this is after he realized it was Thompson that got him. I don't get why everyone's going crazy over this one.

TheNumber37
05-22-2016, 05:24 PM
It is. Not for the dramatic fall, but for the seizing of the moment.

It resulted in a double technical which led to a 3 giving the Cavs a bit of momentum.

If he reacted normally, in the situation when a teammate accidentally hits you, their would have been no technical fouls called. Considering they cost $2000k to the player is another thing

bucketss
05-22-2016, 05:25 PM
LOL! this was bad but it comes 2nd to this :laugh2:
https://vine.co/v/O5Xqa2pYVPK

TheNumber37
05-22-2016, 05:28 PM
I'm a Raps fan and I don't even think this is a flop. He took a shot in the mouth and lost his balance after he jerked his head back (which is the natural reaction after taking a shot in the mouth). If anybody actually watched the game, you could see him checking on his mouth for a couple minutes after the incident looking for blood, and yes this is after he realized it was Thompson that got him. I don't get why everyone's going crazy over this one.

He ran backwards. Listen to youself. Lebron James... lost his balance after the elbow, he finishes at the rim with guys holding on. The hit was real, but not that real. Taking a shot in the mouth doesn't automatically lead to your head snapping back.
Lebron should join the WWE with those moves. Only in the wrestling to people's head's snap back and that's for the same reason Lebron did it. To exaggerate the hit so people can see.

LanceUpperCut
05-22-2016, 06:17 PM
It was a flop no doubt but I remember a couple years ago Bosh was guarding Boozer I believe and Booz swung his elbow around was about a good 2-3 inches away from Bosh's face and he dropped like he was just sniped out.

LanceUpperCut
05-22-2016, 06:19 PM

You must be talking about when Lowry laid his hands on LBJ and he somehow went sliding across the floor about 10 feet. That one was pretty bad.

Chronz
05-22-2016, 06:26 PM
That's because he's still the aggrieved regardless of what people make of his reaction . seemed pretty clear to me that Bron didn't know how exactly he got hit but you bet your *** he was gonna let the ref know that he did get slapped. Refs reviewed it and moved on.

blahblahyoutoo
05-22-2016, 07:31 PM

shot in the mouth, lol n-word plz. he was tapped in the mouth, and his head jerked back, knees buckled and he fell 20 feet backwards. riiight.

i've taken much harder hits to the face and my head may have moved back due to the force, and I may have taken a step back but never have a flailed and fallen the way he has.

this reminds me of this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6521ET77pc

jason
05-22-2016, 07:47 PM
shot in the mouth, lol n-word plz. he was tapped in the mouth, and his head jerked back, knees buckled and he fell 20 feet backwards. riiight.

i've taken much harder hits to the face and my head may have moved back due to the force, and I may have taken a step back but never have a flailed and fallen the way he has.

this reminds me of this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6521ET77pc

Exactly.. I don't know how people can be this naive.. I've been punched in the jaw and elbowed in the nose before and never lost my balance to where I needed to run 10+ ft backwards.. Lebron even looks to see where he's going to fall on the floor lol

blahblahyoutoo
05-22-2016, 08:18 PM
he hits Biyombo MUCH harder with his forearm to the neck, and biyombo barely reacts.
http://uproxx.com/dimemag/bismack-bicombo-block-lebron-james-foul/

FlashBolt
05-22-2016, 09:25 PM
he hits Biyombo MUCH harder with his forearm to the neck, and biyombo barely reacts.

Because he was running on adrenaline in that play.

Anyways, Chronz is right here. That wasn't even the worse flop. Lowry had the biggest flop in that game. Also, LeBron clearly didn't see who hit him. His head was turnt away because he thought Caroll hit him.

LanceUpperCut
05-22-2016, 10:34 PM

Because he was running on adrenaline in that play.

Anyways, Chronz is right here. That wasn't even the worse flop. Lowry had the biggest flop in that game. Also, LeBron clearly didn't see who hit him. His head was turnt away because he thought Caroll hit him.

What flop was that? I hope you don't mean the screen from Shump? Guys embellish fighting through screens all the time.

FlashBolt
05-22-2016, 10:37 PM
What flop was that? I hope you don't mean the screen from Shump? Guys embellish fighting through screens all the time.

He didn't even fight through a screen...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRRdIHnK6B4

shump barely touched him with the pick and there is no way you fall down like that. At least LeBron got hit and tried to sell it. Lowry didn't even get hit by any momentum.

ewing
05-22-2016, 11:16 PM
That's because he's still the aggrieved regardless of what people make of his reaction . seemed pretty clear to me that Bron didn't know how exactly he got hit but you bet your *** he was gonna let the ref know that he did get slapped. Refs reviewed it and moved on.

yeah it was a flop. thats why people are making fun of him and league should give him a fine- thats the rules. it was a total flop

FlashBolt
05-22-2016, 11:23 PM
yeah it was a flop. thats why people are making fun of him and league should give him a fine- thats the rules. it was a total flop

I think he should be fined but there is a fine line when the league is stating 100% he flopped. You can't judge physical contact strictly through a replay. I'm sure he did flop but he did also get hit to some extent. At what point do you say, yup, the guy clearly flopped? Very fine line. What I think the league should do is fine players who clearly never got hit but flopped.

http://uproxx.com/dimemag/dwyane-wade-flop-game-seven/

something like that is different than what James did.

MTL_123
05-22-2016, 11:46 PM

blahblahyoutoo
05-23-2016, 12:25 AM
even when he legitimately gets fouled, he flops!

https://fansided.com/2016/05/21/biskmack-biyombo-fouled-lebron-for-real-this-time-video/

FlashBolt
05-23-2016, 12:30 AM
even when he legitimately gets fouled, he flops!

https://fansided.com/2016/05/21/biskmack-biyombo-fouled-lebron-for-real-this-time-video/

look, I don't like flopping but JVG said it the best:

"LEBron has gotten smart. he has realized that he has to exaggerate the contact for their to actually be any foul."

It's getting to the point where LeBron has to flop to get the calls.. normally, he's just getting whacked by all over the place but because of his explosiveness and power, hits that should be called for a foul are not being called. Instead, he gets an offensive foul because guys like Earl Boykins are trying to guard him in the hopes of him just running them over.. which is stupid. guards should NEVER be guarding a 6'8 260 lb man coming right at you.. NEVER.

prodigy
05-23-2016, 04:57 AM
Sadly refs only call fouls and flagrant fouls if players react like this. If LeBron was hit hard by a raptor and didn't move much nothing would happen.

Supa
05-23-2016, 05:38 AM
Two-handed pull, and he managed to stand still, scored the basket and flex his bicep.

Casual elbow from teammate, and his head snapped way back, knocking him 4, 5 steps back, then hitting the floor.

The law of physics according to Lebron James.

---

D-Leethal
05-23-2016, 09:21 AM
Sadly refs only call fouls and flagrant fouls if players react like this. If LeBron was hit hard by a raptor and didn't move much nothing would happen.

There is nothing at all to suggest this is true. Flagrant are called and over-called all the time in the NBA.

Hawkeye15
05-23-2016, 09:24 AM
that wasn't even LeBron's best flop ever, let alone the best ever. He actually got hit....the greatest flops come with minimal to no contact

YAALREADYKNO
05-23-2016, 11:16 AM
Come on Lebron man smh lmao

Chronz
05-23-2016, 11:51 AM

Nah, if they start punishing players for legit grievances then we may as well fine players for that neck whip they do or any time a shooter extends his legs or simply falls down after a shot, foul or no foul they clearly hit the floor to draw attention.

I don't believe you know what's what, hell you struggled with intent on drays nut kick and thats far clearer.

ewing
05-23-2016, 11:57 AM
Nah, if they start punishing players for legit grievances then we may as well fine players for that neck whip they do or any time a shooter extends his legs or simply falls down after a shot, foul or no foul they clearly hit the floor to draw attention.

I don't believe you know what's what, hell you struggled with intent on drays nut kick and thats far clearer.

he was barely touched he went flying across the floor like he was shot out of a cannon. that's a flop.

MTL_123
05-23-2016, 12:17 PM
I hate that its a player from my team but the greatest flop was the one bosh did on boozer lol

That was just terrible

ManRam
05-23-2016, 01:24 PM
wasn't even the worst in that game. so, no.

Tony_Starks
05-23-2016, 01:30 PM
It's pretty corny but at the same time they do allow guys to literally go for his neck and refuse to even call it flagrant. It is what it is.

I only say you can't flop one minute but then flex when you get a and1, that's Super corny!

ManRam
05-23-2016, 01:34 PM
i still have such a warped view on flops (i think...maybe not) because of rooting for a dwight-led team for so long. lebron deals with the same stuff: flagrants are NEVER called against him/them. i WANTED dwight to embellish. i wanted dwight to react when he was fouled. he never would. i don't think he really ever flopped...one of the very few guys i'm comfortable saying that about. lebron flops, as does most anyone, but he also takes a ton of hard contact and has little to show for it. dude got hit in the face without seeing where it came from, his team was struggling, so he sold it. did he sell it too much? yes. but for whatever reason regardless of who's doing it i just can't get outraged like y'all.

i guess i don't care when you're "flopping" to illuminate an obvious call. there are only three refs and they can't see everything. if you're being fouled, make it obvious. i don't care. i wish he'd come out and say that. YES! SELL CALLS! that wasn't the case here (if it was a raptor it would've been), but he didn't know where it came from. so, it was a garbage flop. as was lowry's.

it's also the devil's advocate in me because this only gets talked about when superstars do it. scrubs do it all the time too. hell, again, it wasn't even the most egregious one in this game and the op wants us to call it THE WORST EVER!!!!! be rational.

GiantsSwaGG
05-23-2016, 01:36 PM
http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Bron.gif

RowBTrice
05-23-2016, 02:03 PM
I'm just happy James survived that hit. It looked sooooooooooo serious. Nobody wants to see a guy get injured...........lol

Raps18-19 Champ
05-23-2016, 02:08 PM
i still have such a warped view on flops (i think...maybe not) because of rooting for a dwight-led team for so long. lebron deals with the same stuff: flagrants are NEVER called against him/them. i WANTED dwight to embellish. i wanted dwight to react when he was fouled. he never would. i don't think he really ever flopped...one of the very few guys i'm comfortable saying that about. lebron flops, as does most anyone, but he also takes a ton of hard contact and has little to show for it. dude got hit in the face without seeing where it came from, his team was struggling, so he sold it. did he sell it too much? yes. but for whatever reason regardless of who's doing it i just can't get outraged like y'all.

i guess i don't care when you're "flopping" to illuminate an obvious call. there are only three refs and they can't see everything. if you're being fouled, make it obvious. i don't care. i wish he'd come out and say that. YES! SELL CALLS! that wasn't the case here (if it was a raptor it would've been), but he didn't know where it came from. so, it was a garbage flop. as was lowry's.

it's also the devil's advocate in me because this only gets talked about when superstars do it. scrubs do it all the time too. hell, again, it wasn't even the most egregious one in this game and the op wants us to call it THE WORST EVER!!!!! be rational.

I don't care about flopping. In fact, players probably should use it more.

The concept of flopping is to fool the official into giving you a call that you shouldn't get. In baseball, catchers are given extra money based on their ability to frame pitches, which has the EXACT same concept as flopping.

FlashBolt
05-23-2016, 04:32 PM
Instead of talking about LeBron's flops, let's talk about how he gets whacked and not many calls are made for him... because that's a much bigger disparity.

Bostonjorge
05-23-2016, 05:59 PM
Disrespecting the NBA and all the greats that came before. Pansy's like this is why everyone says the game is soft.

mnatiq
05-23-2016, 06:35 PM
disrespecting the nba and all the greats that came before. Pansy's like this is why everyone says the game is soft.

x2.

rhymeratic
05-23-2016, 08:13 PM
Let me remind you of how bad the NBA refs are:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6aupemkJcQ

LA_Raiders
05-23-2016, 08:33 PM
He is not the king for nothing. LeFlop...

prodigy
05-29-2016, 02:00 AM
There is nothing at all to suggest this is true. Flagrant are called and over-called all the time in the NBA.

nothing to suggest what I said wasn't true. Flopping works sadly

TylerSL
05-29-2016, 10:43 PM
Doesn't beat this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNxiWES8G0o

Still my favorite flop of all time.

Monta is beast
05-30-2016, 12:02 AM
Paul Pierce when he needed that wheelchair

lol, please
05-30-2016, 01:53 PM
x2.
x3

He is not the king for nothing. LeChoke...
Fixed.

Scoots
05-30-2016, 05:05 PM
I'm trying to find my favorite when CP3 flopped on contact with a ref, but haven't found it yet.

But there are always tons of fun ones to go through:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeRG5qHIxJ0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fSlLdXNzPw

koreancabbage
05-30-2016, 05:44 PM
Paul Pierce when he needed that wheelchair

that was an amazing comeback.