PDA

View Full Version : All NBA Rookie team

warfelg
05-19-2016, 02:10 PM
Came across on Twitter:

Towns, Porzingis, Booker, Jokic, Okafor named NBA All-Rookie First Team.

From @jcameratoCSN

STRIKERC
05-19-2016, 02:19 PM
That draft class will end up being one of the best in recent times.
There are guys not listed that I feel will be very good in a few years.

Crackadalic
05-19-2016, 03:26 PM
Crazy how years ago we wonder what happen to the big man in the NBA. Over the years it got better. This draft class of bigs will bring back some relevance of the big man in a more modernize NBA

nycericanguy
05-19-2016, 03:30 PM
Booker, Towns, KP will all be superstars IMO.

and then you have guys like Okafor, Dlo, Mudiay, Stanley, Winslow...

Knicks picked a good year to actually have a pick...lol

Crackadalic
05-19-2016, 03:32 PM
Portis and even Johnson didn't make it and I thought they had a hell of a season. This draft class is stack with talent

Aust
05-19-2016, 03:48 PM
Winslow, Russell, Mudiay, Turner, Cauley-Stein are the 2nd team.

Marcelo Huertas got a 2nd team vote lmao.

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-19-2016, 05:18 PM
Not that I mind cause I like that Russell is being humbled, but he had a superior season to Booker. His numbers are better across the board and while being neutered by Kobe the entire year. I don't understand how Booker is on the first team. The only thing I can think of is they are holding the Nick Young incident against him.

nycericanguy
05-19-2016, 05:32 PM
Not that I mind cause I like that Russell is being humbled, but he had a superior season to Booker. His numbers are better across the board and while being neutered by Kobe the entire year. I don't understand how Booker is on the first team. The only thing I can think of is they are holding the Nick Young incident against him.

Dlo's numbers were not better across the board. Booker shot a higher % overall, at the FT line, turned it over less, and had a higher PER

overall their numbers were pretty close across the board. Dlo got 1 more reb and assist, but he also handled the ball alot more.

Booker shot a little better overall, got to the line more and turned it over less and was more efficient... but again it's close all around.

I think Booker just finished stronger, he averaged around 20ppg for the last 2 months of the year. And 18ppg for the last 4 months of the year after a pretty quiet start. He just finished really strong. I'd put him ahead of Dlo also.

nycericanguy
05-19-2016, 05:35 PM
Also the whole "neutered by Kobe" thing is kinda silly considering Dlo played more minutes and got more FGA's than Booker.

I'm not a PHO fan or a LAker fan, but just being real... you're being a homer.

mngopher35
05-19-2016, 05:41 PM
Meh Russell or booker is basically a wash to me. Booker coming on late (with volume) and Russell having that incident might be the difference. Not that it should but with things so close I can see it in voters minds.

Looks to be a really good class if these guys keep growing.

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-19-2016, 05:58 PM
Dlo's numbers were not better across the board. Booker shot a higher % overall, at the FT line, turned it over less, and had a higher PER

overall their numbers were pretty close across the board. Dlo got 1 more reb and assist, but he also handled the ball alot more.

Booker shot a little better overall, got to the line more and turned it over less and was more efficient... but again it's close all around.

I think Booker just finished stronger, he averaged around 20ppg for the last 2 months of the year. And 18ppg for the last 4 months of the year after a pretty quiet start. He just finished really strong. I'd put him ahead of Dlo also.

Well, Russell actually had the higher PER by 2 points 13 to 11. Shot the 3-pointer better, rebounded better, and was the better assist man. Also had the higher value over replacement player rating. If you're going to give an award over a two months span then I guess. But I thought it was on a year production value basis.

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-19-2016, 06:04 PM
Also the whole "neutered by Kobe" thing is kinda silly considering Dlo played more minutes and got more FGA's than Booker.

I'm not a PHO fan or a LAker fan, but just being real... you're being a homer.

If you don't think playing with a guy jacking up 17 shots a game on 35% shooting doesn't hurt your overall statistics I don't know what to tell you.

Those 17 shots will be spread across the board to more efficient players next year. Most likely enabling Russell to pass it to somebody who has a higher percentage chance of knocking down a shot or opening up the floor so he can get his own.

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-19-2016, 06:31 PM
Meh Russell or booker is basically a wash to me. Booker coming on late (with volume) and Russell having that incident might be the difference. Not that it should but with things so close I can see it in voters minds.

Looks to be a really good class if these guys keep growing.

I don't think they're holding negative incidences against players. If that was so I don't think Okafor makes the team while getting in three fights within a month yelling "money"at the top of his lungs.

Stunner
05-19-2016, 06:56 PM
Somebody had to be coached by Byron Scott I say that rookie suffered the most

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-19-2016, 07:03 PM
Somebody had to be coached by Byron Scott I say that rookie suffered the most

/thread.

IF Kobe neutered Russell, Byron handed Kobe the snips and then injected Russell with the numbing substance.

Stunner
05-19-2016, 07:10 PM
Lol geez Byron Scott sucks , I had to see his slander after every laker game . He def didn't help Russell's growth as a player nor did Kobe from an on court sense .

Scott should have known the lakers weren't doing anything this year , start Russ next to kobe from day one and go through the growing pains. That's the only way he was going to learn . He should be playing all the mins he could handle , he young .

Booker playing time really got lucky when Bledsoe and Knight went out with injuries .

mngopher35
05-19-2016, 07:10 PM
I don't think they're holding negative incidences against players. If that was so I don't think Okafor makes the team while getting in three fights within a month yelling "money"at the top of his lungs.

Timing is important too though, for both the incidents and Bookers extra volume late. Russell's indecent was bigger and in the media more I believe too. I am just saying with things pretty close between the two and both of those factors possibly in their minds it could have given Booker the edge.

Either way it was close between them from what I saw so it's not a big deal, both flashing a lot of potential too btw so no slight to anyone.

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-19-2016, 07:14 PM
Timing is important too though, for both the incidents and Bookers extra volume late. Russell's indecent was bigger and in the media more I believe too. I am just saying with things pretty close between the two and both of those factors possibly in their minds it could have given Booker the edge.

Either way it was close between them from what I saw so it's not a big deal, both flashing a lot of potential too btw so no slight to anyone.

Agree. I really like Bookers game. I only watched two games of his this year to be honest. But both times he looked really smooth out there. I think he's going to be really good. I'm just saying I think they are holding outside instances against Russell because based on the numbers Russell was SLIGHTLY better. Which is not saying much. The number 2 pick should have had a better year than early twenties pick.

WaDe03
05-19-2016, 07:21 PM
JRich should've made 2nd team.

Stunner
05-19-2016, 07:23 PM
After All Star Break

Booker 19 ppg

4.1 apg

3 rpg

85% FT

4.7 FTA

28% 3pt

5.4 3pta

40% FG

35 mpg

Russell

15 ppg

3.3 apg

3.1 rpg

1.1 spg

77% FT

3.6 FTA

39% 3pt

4.7 3pta

40% FG

30mpg

numba1CHANGsta
05-20-2016, 02:10 AM
LMAO 4 PF/C and only 1 Guard? Whoever wrote these award criteria's are a joke. It's cool though, last Laker to get 2nd all rookie team was a man by the name of Kobe Bean Bryant:cool:

More-Than-Most
05-20-2016, 04:22 AM
LMAO 4 PF/C and only 1 Guard? Whoever wrote these award criteria's are a joke. It's cool though, last Laker to get 2nd all rookie team was a man by the name of Kobe Bean Bryant:cool:

Nobody Loves russ more than me and he has the potential but please stop.... Dont even put these 2 in the same sentence..... If Russell even had half of Kobes work ethic and drive then fine but he doesnt.... Hell When Kobe was drafted from day one this man was dotting his I and crossing his T to make sure he is a top player of all time.

ewing
05-20-2016, 05:34 AM
Wow do Laker fans like to whine

tp13baby
05-22-2016, 03:18 PM

Well the bigs were well deserved.

Hawkeye15
05-23-2016, 05:08 PM

the draft had very good big men though...and they were better than the guards.

Hawkeye15
05-23-2016, 05:11 PM
Wow do Laker fans like to whine

I wish I had saved the post, but a few months ago, I saw a Laker fan post that they deserve the #1 pick for the dark times they were suffering....

That is like a 40 year old dude who has banged 500 perfect 10 women, and ran into a streak of 2 fatties, whining that he is the the dark times

Aust
05-24-2016, 01:53 AM
I wish I had saved the post, but a few months ago, I saw a Laker fan post that they deserve the #1 pick for the dark times they were suffering....

That is like a 40 year old dude who has banged 500 perfect 10 women, and ran into a streak of 2 fatties, whining that he is the the dark times

Why 40? :laugh2:

Hawkeye15
05-24-2016, 01:28 PM
Why 40? :laugh2:

why not...