PDA

View Full Version : Lue tells LeBron to STFU in huddle

mrblisterdundee
05-19-2016, 12:21 PM
David Blatt obviously lacked the respect of LeBron James during his short stint in Cleveland. Tyronn Lue took note, and put LeBron James in his place early on, according to Bleacher Report (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2640969-new-cavs-coach-tyronn-lue-set-the-tone-early-by-telling-lebron-james-to-stfu):

"They felt they were doing this for LeBron," the person familiar with the internal workings of the team said, "instead of with LeBron."
Lue changed that the moment he first told James in a huddle, "Shut the [expletive up]. I got this," according to a person who heard the exchange — and a few others like it. If Lue was going to get the stars and the role players to buy into the strategic changes he was determined to implement —play faster, space the floor, move the ball, take full advantage of Love's versatility — he was going to have to restore order first.

mrblisterdundee
05-19-2016, 12:36 PM
Someone had to bring James back down to earth. You need a coach willing to assert themselves, even over a great player.
The Cavaliers haven't faced any real challenges yet, but Lue still appears to have them humming with a faster pace. Even Kevin Love has come alive, averaging 19 points, 10 rebounds and two assists over the last 10 games.

ClassyAshyLarry
05-19-2016, 12:44 PM
David Blatt obviously lacked the respect of LeBron James during his short stint in Cleveland. Tyronn Lue took note, and put LeBron James in his place early on, according to Bleacher Report (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2640969-new-cavs-coach-tyronn-lue-set-the-tone-early-by-telling-lebron-james-to-stfu):

Bleacher report is the worst sports site ever. Maybe it's true, but I just don't buy an BR garbage. Bunch of bloggers that make up rumors to stir controversy. This article is click bait at its finest.

WaDe03
05-19-2016, 12:53 PM
#HeGone

kdspurman
05-19-2016, 12:58 PM
If true, good. IDK if I believe it or not, but coaches have to earn respect, and let the team know who's in charge. Starting with the best player is a great place to start...

I'm sure he obviously values his opinion and will go to him, but timing is everything

Aust
05-19-2016, 01:14 PM
Awesome

Chronz
05-19-2016, 01:22 PM
That's how you command respect with this crew of personalities. You don't sugar coat ****

naps
05-19-2016, 01:23 PM
I hardly see it being true. You can earn respect of your best player without insulting him in front of rest of the team. Keeping him accountable for his actions or plays just like every other player on the team should be enough.

ghettosean
05-19-2016, 01:25 PM
Good for you Lue!!!

Good for you :nod:

ManRam
05-19-2016, 01:28 PM
It wouldn't surprise me, and it wouldn't surprise me if Bron was OK with it too.

DboneG
05-19-2016, 01:30 PM
I do understand Lue is trying to be his own man. But, LeBron didn't want you in the first place! He wanted Mark Jackson. He wanted Mark Jackson for a reason. TY RONE! You had better chill out.

Mess around and Bron Bron will bolt! Then what?!

DboneG
05-19-2016, 01:34 PM
Tyronn Lue gets fired after winning a championship! That will be a first.

Chronz
05-19-2016, 01:36 PM
I hardly see it being true. You can earn respect of your best player without insulting him in front of rest of the team. Keeping him accountable for his actions or plays just like every other player on the team should be enough.
That may be true for others but i doubt it for these guys.

Chronz
05-19-2016, 01:37 PM
Tyronn Lue gets fired after winning a championship! That will be a first.
It actually wouldn't

prodigy
05-19-2016, 01:42 PM
Its true that Lue has takin control Of the locker room and the huddles. its also true Lue and LeBron had long serious talks. Most famous one is after that heat game. But i highly doubt Lue said STFU. Maybe ''LeBron i got this trust me'' or something.

prodigy
05-19-2016, 01:44 PM
I do understand Lue is trying to be his own man. But, LeBron didn't want you in the first place! He wanted Mark Jackson. He wanted Mark Jackson for a reason. TY RONE! You had better chill out.

Mess around and Bron Bron will bolt! Then what?!

LeBron really wanted Lue, reason why he was the highest paid asst in the NBA. Thats a fact, I'm not sure about the Jackson thing i might have missed that one.

numba1CHANGsta
05-19-2016, 02:17 PM
Not surprised, all of the players are on LeBron's nutz. Why do they want to win for a guy who cares less for them? If that were a prime Shaq, KG, Kobe, MJ, etc. playing along side of LeBron they would bump heads. There's no one on that team who has the grapefruits to speak up against LeBron, props to Lue.

Tony_Starks
05-19-2016, 02:53 PM
I believe he checked Lebron in a major way in front of everyone. Absolutely I believe that.

I don't believe he actually said "STFU." I believe that's exaggeration for entertainment purposes.

You can tell Lebron has a lot of respect for Lue, I don't think challenging his manhood would be necessary and it doesn't seem in Lues character.

Also you would've heard it by now, trust me. Probably would've been all over tmz, IG and Facebook that night! Lol

ClassyAshyLarry
05-19-2016, 02:56 PM
I can't believe you guys are all believing this obvious click bait from BR. Have some self respect jesus lol.

Scoots
05-19-2016, 03:11 PM
Awesome

Our culture finds such trivial things "Awesome", I assume something actually awe inspiring might kill most of us.

Aust
05-19-2016, 03:18 PM
Our culture finds such trivial things "Awesome", I assume something actually awe inspiring might kill most of us.

Lebron shattering the backboard a la Shaq would leave me comatose.

rhymeratic
05-19-2016, 03:37 PM
Tyronne Lue about to get stepped over again... First AI, now Lebron.. keep it up with that tough guy talk!

LA_Raiders
05-19-2016, 09:55 PM
He is gone if they don't win the ship this year.

t_money25
05-19-2016, 10:37 PM
So what? A coach tells a player to shut up....this happens every single day people. No news here.

Dade County
05-19-2016, 11:25 PM

"They felt they were doing this for LeBron," the person familiar with the internal workings of the team said, "instead of with LeBron."
Lue changed that the moment he first told James in a huddle, "Shut the [expletive up]. I got this," according to a person who heard the exchange — and a few others like it. If Lue was going to get the stars and the role players to buy into the strategic changes he was determined to implement —play faster, space the floor, move the ball, take full advantage of Love's versatility — he was going to have to restore order first.

If this is true, maybe this is why Lbj was acting all friendly with the HEAT players in the regular season. Also if this is true, maybe Lbj gets Lue fired at the end of the season, championship or no championship.

Lbj is a deva.

eDush
05-20-2016, 12:41 AM

Mess around and Bron Bron will bolt! Then what?!Mark would have said
"LEBRON JAMES WILL FINISH #2 ALL TIME IN ASSISTS BY THE END OF HIS CAREER" :nod:.

Nick O
05-20-2016, 01:59 AM
exactly how phil jackson would do it. good ****

eDush
05-20-2016, 08:09 AM
Not even sure what Lue said since he never discussed it unless someone can read lips during the timeout huddle. Mama there goes that man!

ghettosean
05-20-2016, 08:29 AM
exactly how phil jackson would do it. good ****

This made me LMAO

AllBall
05-20-2016, 01:50 PM
Another story leaked by Lebrons media arm because he's tired of the uncoachable narrative.

OceanSpray
05-20-2016, 03:04 PM
Mark would have said
"LEBRON JAMES WILL FINISH #2 ALL TIME IN ASSISTS BY THE END OF HIS CAREER" :nod:.

He never said that but it's nice that you did mention that. LeBron James has a chance to be top five in assists. The only player who isn't a PG in the top 25 assists? LeBron James. Amazing.