PDA

View Full Version : Where does Simmons/Ingram Rank?

More-Than-Most
05-19-2016, 02:12 AM
In terms of both potential and skill With all the top 5 prospects over the past 5 years.... Guys like Wall/Turner/Embiid/AD/Towns/Oka/Porz and so on down the list... I person think Embiid is the closest to a Lebron James in terms of sheer potential and talent but now people are saying simmons is..... I never thought Simmons actually was.... I love him as a prospect and he is insanely talented but I think Ingram will be better but I dont know where to put them when it comes to the recent cant miss prospects.... So lets get the topic rolling.

Personally I think Embiid/Russell are the 2 most talented draft picks of the past 5 years. Again that is 25 prospects.... top 5 from each year

Top 5 prospects over the last 5 years in drafted order:

Kyrie Irving
Derrick Williams
Enes Kanter
Tristan Thompson
Jonas Valančiūnas

Anthony Davis
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Bradley Beal
Dion Waiters
Thomas Robinson

Anthony Bennett
Victor Oladipo
Otto Porter
Cody Zeller
Alex Lin

Andrew Wiggins
Jabari Parker
Joel Embiid
Aaron Gordon
Dante Exum

Karl-Anthony Towns
D'Angelo Russell
Jahlil Okafor
Kristaps Porzingis
Mario Hezonja

Iron24th
05-19-2016, 03:54 AM
You're biased on russell and embiid and you know it lol

I would take simmons potential above them all but at this point it's hard to say.

More-Than-Most
05-19-2016, 04:19 AM
You're biased on russell and embiid and you know it lol

I would take simmons potential above them all but at this point it's hard to say.

What Bias do I have for them though? Outside of me possibly eating Russ poo if it meant having him on my team? I just think these 2 have the most potential since Lebron.... I wouldnt trade Embiid for anyone not even russell but If this draft was happening and the top 4 guys coming out were Russell/Embiid/Simmons/Ingram I think it would go like this

Embiid

Russell

Ingram
Simmons

Atleast in my opinion :shrug:

Just these 4 names though. I love Simmons/Ingram I am just wondering how they mesh up with other drafts considering most are saying Simmons is the next Lebron.

warfelg
05-19-2016, 07:31 AM
Over the last 3 years?

I would rank the potential top 2/3 picks:
Embiid
KAT
Simmons
Ingram
Wiggins
Okafor
Noel
Parker
Russell

In that order if they were all in the same draft at the same age (discounting what they have become since getting into the NBA).

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-19-2016, 10:08 AM
In terms of both potential and skill With all the top 5 prospects over the past 5 years.... Guys like Wall/Turner/Embiid/AD/Towns/Oka/Porz and so on down the list... I person think Embiid is the closest to a Lebron James in terms of sheer potential and talent but now people are saying simmons is..... I never thought Simmons actually was.... I love him as a prospect and he is insanely talented but I think Ingram will be better but I dont know where to put them when it comes to the recent cant miss prospects.... So lets get the topic rolling.

Personally I think Embiid/Russell are the 2 most talented draft picks of the past 5 years. Again that is 25 prospects.... top 5 from each year

Embiid lol... the guy can't even get healthy.

ewing
05-19-2016, 10:10 AM
Embiid lol... the guy can't even get healthy.

have you seen him shoot one legged set shots from inside the paint?

hotdalton18
05-19-2016, 10:13 AM
As prospects as in before we saw them play in the league

I'd prolly rank AD as the only one above Simons and Ingram

Scoots
05-19-2016, 10:45 AM
How is it that Towns isn't at the top of the list? AD would be right there. Embiid wasn't even the top pick in his own draft for real reasons that have thus far proven pretty reasonable.

Heediot
05-19-2016, 10:52 AM
Y'all are over-rating Ingram. If he was in the same draft as Wiggins and Jabari, he would be drafted third. Jabari had a lot more hype coming into the league (being compared as the next Melo) and he had better on court production at Duke.

If Ingram was in last years class he would be third again behind KAT and Okafor. Okafor also had better production at Duke and was regarded as the surefire number one pick for years before Towns blew up and leap-frogged him.

I think people tend to Look at the what Wiggins and Okafor are doing now and project that into their statuses before the draft. I personally believe Wiggins will be a bordeline top 10 guy in this league, he just needs his instincts and iq to catch up with his athleticism.

ewing
05-19-2016, 10:54 AM
How is it that Towns isn't at the top of the list? AD would be right there. Embiid wasn't even the top pick in his own draft for real reasons that have thus far proven pretty reasonable.

i think the question is who you ranked highest prior to seeing them play NBA games. Towns was a great prospect but was limited by the his role and the teams style at KU. i think everyone was enamored with his J and mobility but weren't sure about it translating on the court.

urban85disciple
05-19-2016, 11:00 AM
I rank them (since 2014):
*if 100% healthy

Embiid*
Simmons
KAT
Ingram
Wiggins
Okafor
Parker*
Russell
Murray

@Scoots, he wasn't the top pick. And? So success, or potential, is based on where you're drafted?

Heediot
05-19-2016, 11:03 AM
76ers homers, trying to hype up Embiid, Ingram and Simmons to make them subconsciously feel better about their future as a club. GTFOROTFLMAO.

Scoots
05-19-2016, 11:16 AM
i think the question is who you ranked highest prior to seeing them play NBA games. Towns was a great prospect but was limited by the his role and the teams style at KU. i think everyone was enamored with his J and mobility but weren't sure about it translating on the court.

But it's not like he wasn't the top pick in the draft, and yet I see Embiid over him here when Embiid wasn't even the top pick in his own draft.

urban85disciple
05-19-2016, 11:44 AM
76ers homers, trying to hype up Embiid, Ingram and Simmons to make them subconsciously feel better about their future as a club. GTFOROTFLMAO.

You clearly have no clue. We didn't call him the next Olajuwon, analysts did. We wanted Wiggins. But I'm glad Sixers' fans can amuse you.

Heediot
05-19-2016, 12:00 PM
You clearly have no clue. We didn't call him the next Olajuwon, analysts did. We wanted Wiggins. But I'm glad Sixers' fans can amuse you.

I'll give the benefit of the doubt to Embiid. He has nasty potential, maybe his injury plagued non career has my opinion of him clouded. But purely as a raw prospect he has a legit case to be at or near the top. As a Canadian I followed Kansas a lot when Wiggins was there, so I've seen the dude play and his raw potential.

But this richard fest of Ingram is ridiculous. He is vastly over-rated in this thread by sixer fans. I'm not saying he is a bad prospect but in any other year he would not be a top 2 guy. Simmons would have a better case being a top 2-3 guy vs. Ingram in most years, just based off of his potential and athleticism.

I'm down playing Ingram just a tad, I'll give him this he'd be the number one pick in the Anthony Bennett draft.

LA4life24/8
05-19-2016, 12:07 PM
In terms of potential? Before we saw any nba action? So basically who was hyped the most lol. Buuuut

I'd say:
Simmons --->they say he's the next bron
Wiggins --->he was the next kobe/Mike
KAT ---> he didn't draw a lot of comparisons other than a big that has unlimited shooting range but can also dominate down low.
Embiid --> the next dream
Russell--> best pure PG since magic

Big guys don't get as much chance to show what they can really do in college which is why I don't have AD or KAT atop this list.

Heediot
05-19-2016, 12:27 PM
As for D'Angelo Russell he is not even in the same level of a pre-draft prospect as John Wall or Derrick Rose. No way is he the best pure point guard prospect since magic. He is not even a pure pg, he is more of a scoring pg.

HandsOnTheWheel
05-19-2016, 01:11 PM
Did Embiid really get compared to Lebron James? Has he even played a game yet?

Aust
05-19-2016, 01:23 PM
MTM, you can edit this into your thread post if you'd like.

Kyrie Irving
Derrick Williams
Enes Kanter
Tristan Thompson
Jonas Valančiūnas

Anthony Davis
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Bradley Beal
Dion Waiters
Thomas Robinson

Anthony Bennett
Victor Oladipo
Otto Porter
Cody Zeller
Alex Lin

Andrew Wiggins
Jabari Parker
Joel Embiid
Aaron Gordon
Dante Exum

Karl-Anthony Towns
D'Angelo Russell
Jahlil Okafor
Kristaps Porzingis
Mario Hezonja

Hawkeye15
05-19-2016, 01:42 PM
In terms of potential? Before we saw any nba action? So basically who was hyped the most lol. Buuuut

I'd say:
KAT ---> he didn't draw a lot of comparisons other than a big that has unlimited shooting range but can also dominate down low.

Big guys don't get as much chance to show what they can really do in college which is why I don't have AD or KAT atop this list.

wtf? I never heard anything like that when he was coming out of college. I heard Brandon Roy being thrown around is about it

warfelg
05-19-2016, 01:46 PM
wtf? I never heard anything like that when he was coming out of college. I heard Brandon Roy being thrown around is about it

Yea. That's kinda out there.

I wanted him. But part of me always thought he had the potential to be a Swaggy P clone (gunner with maturity issues).

mngopher35
05-19-2016, 02:15 PM
AD
Towns
Simmons
Okafor
Wiggins
Ingram
Kyrie/Russell/Parker

Something like this is how I would probably have it based on them coming in. I personally have no clue where to put Simmons, I might be leaning Ingram over him for 76ers. He has plenty of potential but there are question surrounding him as well. Left Embiid off because of the injury concerns at draft time, not sure where I would rank him honestly because I wasn't as high on him with that (no injury issues likely over Wiggins). Towns didn't get tons of recognition throughout the year but by the end he was considered the better prospect over Okafor who had tons of hype.

Scoots
05-19-2016, 02:35 PM
I'd say:

I don't buy most of these. Simmons and LeBron's games are wildly different, I never heard Wiggins compared to MJ, KAT hadn't shown all that much range before some of his workouts, and Russell being the best PG since Magic is just nuts. They were all talked up, but their prime pre-draft attributes just don't match up to those comparisons.

Aust
05-19-2016, 02:59 PM
I've heard people compare Russell's passing to Magic, that's it.

Scoots
05-19-2016, 03:21 PM
I've heard people compare Russell's passing to Magic, that's it.

BEFORE he was drafted? Or after he was in the uniform?

Aust
05-19-2016, 03:23 PM
BEFORE he was drafted? Or after he was in the uniform?

Both.

More-Than-Most
05-19-2016, 07:45 PM
MTM, you can edit this into your thread post if you'd like.

Kyrie Irving
Derrick Williams
Enes Kanter
Tristan Thompson
Jonas Valančiūnas

Anthony Davis
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Bradley Beal
Dion Waiters
Thomas Robinson

Anthony Bennett
Victor Oladipo
Otto Porter
Cody Zeller
Alex Lin

Andrew Wiggins
Jabari Parker
Joel Embiid
Aaron Gordon
Dante Exum

Karl-Anthony Towns
D'Angelo Russell
Jahlil Okafor
Kristaps Porzingis
Mario Hezonja

Ty good sir will do

More-Than-Most
05-19-2016, 07:46 PM

Lol me and praise Jesus were saying it xD

DONT HATE Id eat his poo

jerellh528
05-19-2016, 08:50 PM
Pre draft? Top 5 prolly went

Davis
Wiggins
Simmons
Embiid
Okafor

jerellh528
05-19-2016, 08:51 PM
I don't buy most of these. Simmons and LeBron's games are wildly different, I never heard Wiggins compared to MJ, KAT hadn't shown all that much range before some of his workouts, and Russell being the best PG since Magic is just nuts. They were all talked up, but their prime pre-draft attributes just don't match up to those comparisons.

Simmons game is pretty similar to James early years imo

Bostonjorge
05-21-2016, 04:08 AM
Seriously over rating Embiid here. He's a(was) an athletic freak in college. Elite shot blocker for sure. He never carried a offense so don't see how taking 2 years off is going to change that. He showed he had a back to the basket game when no one was doing it anymore. Then Okafor came along. His body is proving it can't stand a 82 game season especially with his glass foot. Without his athleticism he might be already finished.

DanG
05-22-2016, 12:01 PM
14-16

1. KAT
2. Simmons
3. Wiggins
4. Porzingis
5. Ingram
6. Russell
7. Booker
8. Randle
9. Okafor

I think all these players have a very good chance of becoming an all-star. 1-4 are pretty much locks IMO.

Obviously there are many more players worth mentioning, but I just haven't seen them play enough.