PDA

View Full Version : Simmons or Ingram? Who has a better career?

MTar786
05-18-2016, 11:51 PM
who would you pick first and Who do you think is going to have the better career?

ewing
05-19-2016, 12:08 AM
ingram

Scoots
05-19-2016, 12:46 AM
I'd rather have Simmons ... the problem is that the player picked 2nd will have the advantage of being on the Lakers ... so whoever goes 2nd has the better career.

KG2TB
05-19-2016, 12:50 AM
I think they'll both have very productive and similar careers. Ingram's shooting and intangibles give him the nod for me over Simmons, but not by a lot and of course it wouldn't surprise me if Simmons had the better career. If his jump shot ever develops to something that resembles respectable, his ceiling is insane. His personality and drive make me hesitant though.

Will2be
05-19-2016, 02:04 AM
Simmons has the talent to be other worldly, a lot of it is really going to depend on the leadership and coaching he receives. LSU was not the place for him to develop more just show up and show off. If it comes together for him he will be a Hall of Famer

Ingram is that rare breed of length and precision, but he has to either get stronger or learn how to be automatic with his jumpshot. Still id think he has the higher floor right now with Simmons having the higher ceiling

KINGOFSPORTS
05-19-2016, 03:30 AM
Thon Maker

Iron24th
05-19-2016, 03:47 AM
I think they'll both have very productive and similar careers. Ingram's shooting and intangibles give him the nod for me over Simmons, but not by a lot and of course it wouldn't surprise me if Simmons had the better career. If his jump shot ever develops to something that resembles respectable, his ceiling is insane. His personality and drive make me hesitant though.

Perfect description

warfelg
05-19-2016, 07:37 AM
Lately, after being off the Simmons wagon and about to get back in, I think what has "closed" the gap is; at LSU Simmons has done what was expected. The only thing he didn't do was drag a 200's DI CBB team into the NCAA Tournament. But he didn't do anything unexpected because expectations were so high. Feels like the same thing that happened to Wiggins at Kansas. He did what was expected because everyone knew he could/is special.

Meanwhile Ingram, who's wagon I still have one foot on, did more than was expected. So because of that people started to pay attention and he looked to 'close' the gap because he did the unexpected. Similar to Parker at Duke. A key player on a top 10-20 DI CBB team.

So I think Simmons will still have the better career, but it won't be an "exciting" career because we all expect great things from him. I suspect he's going to be a "boring great player" like Parker, Duncan, Pau because he's going to make the special look normal.

Tony_Starks
05-19-2016, 09:16 AM
Is the Simmons comparison to Lamar Odoms skill set legit?

ewing
05-19-2016, 09:20 AM
Is the Simmons comparison to Lamar Odoms skill set legit?

he is left handed and an athletic big that can dribble and pass and with no jump shot. Unlike Lamar he actually finishes with his right a lot more then his left.

Hawkeye15
05-19-2016, 09:43 AM
2 prospects who haven't played an NBA game....

remember a year ago, the question was who was going to be better between Towns and Okafor? We should probably let them play a bit, then re-visit.

ewing
05-19-2016, 09:46 AM
2 prospects who haven't played an NBA game....

remember a year ago, the question was who was going to be better between Towns and Okafor? We should probably let them play a bit, then re-visit.

you should play lottery after they draw the winning numbers too :)

Hawkeye15
05-19-2016, 10:15 AM

first thing I would do? Buy PSD

Scoots
05-19-2016, 10:19 AM

I think you may be my favorite :)

Yanks All Day
05-19-2016, 10:22 AM
For me, it all depends on whether Ben Simmons can develop an offensive game outside of 4 feet from the rim. In college, if he wasn't dunking the ball or laying it in, he wasn't scoring. And this isn't a Karl-Anthony Towns situation, where his coaches all say there's a great offensive game that he just hasn't shown. People around Simmons don't acknowledge anything like that. Right now, he's 6'10, 240 lbs of no transferable offensive game. Right now, he's got all the passing ability he needs to be a threat in the NBA. But if he can't score, it takes away from everything else. Not to mention his motor has come into question on multiple occasions. Guys who can rebound, but not score (ala Tristan Thompson), NEED to have a high motor to stay on the court. For Simmons, these traits haven't been shown yet.

Ingram is ready-made for pro basketball right now. He can shoot from anywhere on the court. He's got the wingspan and athleticism to be a good wing defender. He's a full year younger than Simmons. His issue is his weight. Ingram did put on 25 pounds to play at Duke, and I have to believe he'll be able to bulk up as he enters his 20s and gets a professional training program, but his body has to improve if it's going to withstand an NBA season. Additionally, no one ever questioned Ingram's drive or hustle, which is a good sign.

Simply because I think it's going to be easier to bulk Ingram up than teach Simmons a jump shot/offensive game, I'd go Ingram and not think twice about it.

Heediot
05-19-2016, 11:20 AM
Simmons, he may be a little ***** and punk right now, but he'll mature his way out of it and become a legit all-star. He'll probably always be a diva, but his Dad was a former pro Aussie player so he has influences in his family to keep him in check. He will be a handful to defend in the L, it's hard to have that size with his handles and court vision. Once he develops a J and some D, two traits that most young top prospects need to develop, watch out. His athleticism and raw skills are already there.

Ingram is a bit skinny for my liking, but in a league where they limit how physical you can be on the perimeter defensively, he may have come into the L at the right time. I think he is on and off with his game and focus from the handful of games I saw. He is a nice prospect and may be the safer pick like Jabari over Drew, Okafor over Towns, KD over Oden. But in many of the cases drafting top 2 the guy with the rawness and higher ceiling tends to win out in the long run.

jerellh528
05-19-2016, 12:40 PM
Too many variables. In a vacuum, Simmons is the greater talent. Ingram seems like he'd be everything you'd want in today's NBA tho. Simmons though can do basically everything you can dream of on the court except shoot jumpers lol

Aust
05-19-2016, 01:36 PM
I think Simmons is the only one who can become a superstar. I believe he'll learn to shoot the ball well enough and has the higher ceiling.

GREATNESS ONE
05-19-2016, 01:45 PM
I'd rather have Simmons ... the problem is that the player picked 2nd will have the advantage of being on the Lakers ... so whoever goes 2nd has the better career.

Pretty much this.

TDE
05-19-2016, 01:45 PM
I would take Ingram no question. Just the fact that he's 14 months younger and this is being debated should tell you something. He's 6'10, 7'3 wingspan, with a great shot! his shot is going to be unstoppable like Durants and Dirk's. He also can put the ball on the floor and is not afraid of contact. Also has shown he will be a better defender than Simmons and last, he's shown more drive and hunger than Simmons has. Simmons is too passive.

Scoots
05-19-2016, 02:40 PM
I would take Ingram no question. Just the fact that he's 14 months younger and this is being debated should tell you something. He's 6'10, 7'3 wingspan, with a great shot! his shot is going to be unstoppable like Durants and Dirk's. He also can put the ball on the floor and is not afraid of contact. Also has shown he will be a better defender than Simmons and last, he's shown more drive and hunger than Simmons has. Simmons is too passive.

He's 6'10" now?

I think the Simmons is too passive thing is way overblown. Tim Duncan was too passive as a freshman from the outside looking in. Look at what Simmons' coaches say about him not what the talking heads say.

ewing
05-19-2016, 02:50 PM
He's 6'10" now?

I think the Simmons is too passive thing is way overblown. Tim Duncan was too passive as a freshman from the outside looking in. Look at what Simmons' coaches say about him not what the talking heads say.

He might be. he is listed at 6'9. as for Simmons you think he played aggressively that is one thing saying that you will listen to his coaches is another. coaches aren't going to talk down one of there players in draft. imagine trying to recruit for LSU if the coach blasted the best player they had in forever in the press before the NBA draft.

Stunner
05-19-2016, 03:19 PM
Towns and Rose I believe took less of a role in college , I believe they could have dominated the game more than their stats showed .

If Simmons was passive and did what he did just imagine if he wasn't

Scoots
05-19-2016, 03:29 PM
He might be. he is listed at 6'9. as for Simmons you think he played aggressively that is one thing saying that you will listen to his coaches is another. coaches aren't going to talk down one of there players in draft. imagine trying to recruit for LSU if the coach blasted the best player they had in forever in the press before the NBA draft.

IIRC he was measured as 6'8" w/o shoes, which generally translates to 6'9".

Simmons was aggressive on occasion, but a lot of people take gesticulating and shouting as aggressiveness. Sure the coaches have some reason not to bash him, but they also have some reason not to be found to be outright liars to NBA scouts which can be equally damaging. And I wasn't just talking about his HORRIBLE LSU coaches, but his high school coach, the Aussie national team coach, the Aussie junior coach all say positive things about him. Simmons did a favor for someone and was soundly screwed over for it ... he didn't deal with the national media criticism against him that he was expected to take a bad team in a bad program and make it great and he failed. I don't know many 18 year olds who would handle being told they are trash nationally well.

Simmons' last year was essentially a wasted year where he got next to no coaching and yet he played well within team concepts and he played hard for the most part.

I like Ingram a lot too, I just think Simmons is more special and the major negatives against him are overblown.

Aust
05-19-2016, 03:29 PM
I agree, the passive label is overblown. When looking at the top prospects, people are going to over-analyze things.

TDE
05-19-2016, 04:31 PM
I saw him play in college and to be honest, he's more of a Lamar Odom, no interest in dominating with all that talent, he's too complacent, he doesn't look to take over like a Kobe or Leblon.

Bostonjorge
05-19-2016, 05:21 PM
Simmons will be lebron and Ingram will be Durant.

Simmons has crazy court vision and ball handling skills. Can cross bigs up and posterized them and on defense pin there shots to the back board. Guys like green became good shooters so Simmons with a shot is taking over James spot in the NBA.

Ingram is ready to go day 1. Can score and shoot. Has good on ball defense and good size(height).

Can go either way and the conclusion is lakers are getting a superstar player.

shep33
05-19-2016, 06:04 PM
I mean Ingram also took a back seat for people making that argument. If you replaced him with Simmons, on LSU, he'd average 25 ppg. LSU had talent, it just didn't work out. We forgetting that Ingram played alongside Grayson Allen, etc.

All that being said, Simmons can be special. Real deal in my opinion.

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-19-2016, 06:27 PM
Simmons is further along. His body is NBA ready. Ingram is going to need 3 years to be strong enough to be a real star.

flea
05-19-2016, 10:11 PM
Both flawed. I watch a lot of Duke and SEC ball so I saw a fair number of both, especially Ingram.

Ingram doesn't have the handle or body to be a go-to guy at this point. He's a good shooter but not a great one like Durant. IMO he was at his best as a slasher last year, he wasn't really a guy who could shoot from everywhere (though he has that potential). His defense was definitely better than Simmons but it wasn't top-end. He doesn't seem terribly sharp to listen to but I hesitate to judge solely on the basis of an 18 year old talking to media. Still, there is a worry that he's like a Derrick Rose mentally.

He was the 2nd best player on a pretty solid Duke team without much depth. All in all you couldn't ask for a lot more from a freshman wing, he was probably better than Winslow was on last year's national championship team in the exact same role. The difference was that team was deeper and had Okafor so I don't really mean that as a knock on either Winslow or Ingram, just to say that Ingram can likely contribute from day 1.

Simmons gets a lot of shine for his handle and passing, the latter of which is really nice for his size but his handle isn't that great. Fortunately you don't need a great handle in the NBA anymore so he should be fine. His post game was pretty solid for a freshman but not great, and he wasn't doubled a lot when I saw it. He's good on the glass but I don't know if he can really make that a strength as a 4 in the NBA, but certainly as a 3. He does have a good on-court IQ but his defense was not good and the criticisms about being passive are legit IMO.

LSU wasn't great outside of him but they were a good team - Hornsby and Quarterman are legit SEC guards and Victor is a good, if raw, college big, and Patterson is a good college 6th man. Basically the only difference between LSU this year and last was Simmons/Blakeney and the M&M boys (who both declared). They were a solid pair of forwards but if Simmons was anything close to Durant or Lebron they would have at least been as good - instead they were worse. I think there's a small possibility he's disappointing in his first year - especially given his tweener status and complete lack of a J. In the end I think he's too athletic and skilled to bust but he might take more time than one would think - especially since he'll be on a bad team.

If I were the Sixers I'd take Ingram, but I think they'll take Simmons.

eDush
05-20-2016, 06:32 AM
Both flawed. I watch a lot of Duke and SEC ball so I saw a fair number of both, especially Ingram.

Ingram doesn't have the handle or body to be a go-to guy at this point. He's a good shooter but not a great one like Durant. IMO he was at his best as a slasher last year, he wasn't really a guy who could shoot from everywhere (though he has that potential). His defense was definitely better than Simmons but it wasn't top-end. He doesn't seem terribly sharp to listen to but I hesitate to judge solely on the basis of an 18 year old talking to media. Still, there is a worry that he's like a Derrick Rose mentally.

He was the 2nd best player on a pretty solid Duke team without much depth. All in all you couldn't ask for a lot more from a freshman wing, he was probably better than Winslow was on last year's national championship team in the exact same role. The difference was that team was deeper and had Okafor so I don't really mean that as a knock on either Winslow or Ingram, just to say that Ingram can likely contribute from day 1.

Simmons gets a lot of shine for his handle and passing, the latter of which is really nice for his size but his handle isn't that great. Fortunately you don't need a great handle in the NBA anymore so he should be fine. His post game was pretty solid for a freshman but not great, and he wasn't doubled a lot when I saw it. He's good on the glass but I don't know if he can really make that a strength as a 4 in the NBA, but certainly as a 3. He does have a good on-court IQ but his defense was not good and the criticisms about being passive are legit IMO.

LSU wasn't great outside of him but they were a good team - Hornsby and Quarterman are legit SEC guards and Victor is a good, if raw, college big, and Patterson is a good college 6th man. Basically the only difference between LSU this year and last was Simmons/Blakeney and the M&M boys (who both declared). They were a solid pair of forwards but if Simmons was anything close to Durant or Lebron they would have at least been as good - instead they were worse. I think there's a small possibility he's disappointing in his first year - especially given his tweener status and complete lack of a J. In the end I think he's too athletic and skilled to bust but he might take more time than one would think - especially since he'll be on a bad team.

If I were the Sixers I'd take Ingram, but I think they'll take Simmons.
Excellent post and really appreciate it for sharing your insightful opinion between these top players in the upcoming draft! :clap:

ewing
05-20-2016, 08:32 AM
He's 6'10" now?

Yeah the ACC in the mid 90s was a slight bit different from the SEC now

ewing
05-20-2016, 08:35 AM
Simmons will be lebron and Ingram will be Durant.

Simmons has crazy court vision and ball handling skills. Can cross bigs up and posterized them and on defense pin there shots to the back board. Guys like green became good shooters so Simmons with a shot is taking over James spot in the NBA.

Ingram is ready to go day 1. Can score and shoot. Has good on ball defense and good size(height).

Can go either way and the conclusion is lakers are getting a superstar player.

well people are already blaming his coaches and teammates for his failures so he's is well on his way!

Scoots
05-20-2016, 01:18 PM
Yeah the ACC in the mid 90s was a slight bit different from the SEC now

I wasn't talking about conferences

ewing
05-20-2016, 02:04 PM
I wasn't talking about conferences

you were comparing Simmons as a fresh to Duncan as a freshmen like they were in comparable situations. they weren't. Timmy was a double double guy in the best conf during the best era of college basketball as a fresh.

Scoots
05-20-2016, 02:20 PM
you were comparing Simmons as a fresh to Duncan as a freshmen like they were in comparable situations. they weren't. Timmy was a double double in the best conf during the best era of college basketball as a fresh.

I don't think you read what I said ... or I said it poorly. I said "Tim Duncan was too passive as a freshman" ... all I was comparing between Simmons and Duncan was their percieved passivity. I didn't mention conference, scoring, rebounding, passing, any stats at all ... just that it was a knock on Duncan that he was too passive.

OceanSpray
05-20-2016, 02:53 PM
All these teams with draft picks are just pissing me the hell off. Sixers have Embiid/Okafor/Noel/Simmons now. If these guys are half as good as projected, they should have zero issues getting to the playoffs next season. I don't care what anyone says but it's time for them to stop this nonsense.

Aust
05-20-2016, 06:32 PM
Man I'm so happy we got a top 2 pick. I love both of these prospects and whoever we take it will be bittersweet because I'll miss the other one.

eDush
05-20-2016, 06:37 PM
For me, it all depends on whether Ben Simmons can develop an offensive game outside of 4 feet from the rim. In college, if he wasn't dunking the ball or laying it in, he wasn't scoring. And this isn't a Karl-Anthony Towns situation, where his coaches all say there's a great offensive game that he just hasn't shown. People around Simmons don't acknowledge anything like that. Right now, he's 6'10, 240 lbs of no transferable offensive game. Right now, he's got all the passing ability he needs to be a threat in the NBA. But if he can't score, it takes away from everything else. Not to mention his motor has come into question on multiple occasions. Guys who can rebound, but not score (ala Tristan Thompson), NEED to have a high motor to stay on the court. For Simmons, these traits haven't been shown yet.

Ingram is ready-made for pro basketball right now. He can shoot from anywhere on the court. He's got the wingspan and athleticism to be a good wing defender. He's a full year younger than Simmons. His issue is his weight. Ingram did put on 25 pounds to play at Duke, and I have to believe he'll be able to bulk up as he enters his 20s and gets a professional training program, but his body has to improve if it's going to withstand an NBA season. Additionally, no one ever questioned Ingram's drive or hustle, which is a good sign.

Simply because I think it's going to be easier to bulk Ingram up than teach Simmons a jump shot/offensive game, I'd go Ingram and not think twice about it.That same logic is why you would take D'Angelo over Okafor as well. I would take Simmons cause he has handle like Lebron and Magic which does not come around often for a big guy:nod:.

eDush
05-20-2016, 06:41 PM
Take Simmons! :clap:

eDush
05-20-2016, 06:42 PM
Man I'm so happy we got a top 2 pick. I love both of these prospects and whoever we take it will be bittersweet because I'll miss the other one.Lakers will draft Dunn instead with the #2 just like they drafted D'Angelo with last year #2 cause they do things the Lakers way to form the double D backcourt.

numba1CHANGsta
05-20-2016, 11:24 PM
Lakers will draft Dunn instead with the #2 just like they drafted D'Angelo with last year #2 cause they do things the Lakers way to form the double D backcourt.

LOL riiiigghhhttt

BTW the reason why the Lakers drafted Russell is A. they needed a PG, B. they knew something about Okafor that we all know now, he is a one dimensional player, C. Lakers weren't going to draft Porzingis cuz they already had a PF, they're not the Sixers who draft a PF/C every year.

More-Than-Most
05-21-2016, 01:02 AM
LOL riiiigghhhttt

BTW the reason why the Lakers drafted Russell is A. they needed a PG, B. they knew something about Okafor that we all know now, he is a one dimensional player, C. Lakers weren't going to draft Porzingis cuz they already had a PF, they're not the Sixers who draft a PF/C every year.

He only became that to you when you guys took Russell... Had you taken OKA you and others that were Pro OKA would be arguing how he has way more potential than everybody in the draft and so on down the list.

xcgjgij
05-21-2016, 11:50 AM
who would you pick first and Who do you think is going to have the better career? http://financeseeyou.com/red/images/7.gif
http://financeseeyou.com/red/images/8.gif http://financeseeyou.com/red/images/53.gif

KINGOFSPORTS
05-21-2016, 12:16 PM
My sources tell me that Celtics and Sixers on the verge of #1 and #3 swap

sixer04fan
05-21-2016, 01:00 PM
My sources tell me that Celtics and Sixers on the verge of #1 and #3 swap

My sources told me that was incorrect

Scoots
05-21-2016, 03:42 PM
A #1 #3 swap could be good for both teams.

warfelg
05-21-2016, 03:44 PM
A #1 #3 swap could be good for both teams.

How so? We don't want more picks. They don't have a star to send. That's a horrid trade for us.

Scoots
05-21-2016, 06:09 PM
How so? We don't want more picks. They don't have a star to send. That's a horrid trade for us.

Because the Celtics have a lot of assets and the Sixers are further from contending and the Sixers can rob them blind in the deal. More picks give more options and more picks increases the chances of more of them paying off big. It would be risky but it could pay off huge.

warfelg
05-21-2016, 06:28 PM
Because the Celtics have a lot of assets and the Sixers are further from contending and the Sixers can rob them blind in the deal. More picks give more options and more picks increases the chances of more of them paying off big. It would be risky but it could pay off huge.

Strongly disagree. Very strongly. If Simmons is a generational talent, Ingram is a potential super star, and who you could draft at 3 is a role player...why would you pass up on Simmons or Ingram? There's nothing, absolutely nothing that could get me or any Sixers fan to be one with trading #1 to Boston, a division rival, for 3 and what ever role player they want to send us.

Yes we are further from contending, but Simmons is the type of guy who will put you in the conversation by the end of his rookie contract. Why pass that us?

LivinLakers
05-21-2016, 06:31 PM

That logic works if the Sixers didn't already have a bunch of young talent or were looking rebuild. But they aren't. They are looking to build and have a bunch of young talent already. They need 1 great player as opposed to a bunch of really good players. If the Sixers trade the #1 then they are the stupidest franchise ever.
Er...um...never mind, it's possible.

sixer04fan
05-21-2016, 07:32 PM

This logic is very backwards. We've put ourselves in the best possible position for one of our assets to pay off big now. The first overall pick. Yes, we've always tried maximize our chances for assets to pay off in the last few years, and now there will not be a better chance. It's basically the culmination of what we've been doing. Even if Hinkie were still here, he'd strongly disagree with your logic

More-Than-Most
05-21-2016, 07:37 PM
Starting to agree with Aust.... Having the number 1 pick is starting to feel like a curse lol. I have spent hours doing my homework on both guys and have flip flopped so much.. I am an ingram guy first but man.... sigh

Scoots
05-21-2016, 08:04 PM
Strongly disagree. Very strongly. If Simmons is a generational talent, Ingram is a potential super star, and who you could draft at 3 is a role player...why would you pass up on Simmons or Ingram? There's nothing, absolutely nothing that could get me or any Sixers fan to be one with trading #1 to Boston, a division rival, for 3 and what ever role player they want to send us.

Yes we are further from contending, but Simmons is the type of guy who will put you in the conversation by the end of his rookie contract. Why pass that us?

1. There is no guarantee on Simmons or Ingram.
2. What if Boston offered all of their picks for the next 2 years to drop 2 spots in the draft? Still no? It's not like the Celtics offer has to be just a player.

I understand that it would be scary, and I didn't say I'd do it ... I can just see how it could work out well for both teams to do a trade.

sixer04fan
05-21-2016, 08:17 PM
Starting to agree with Aust.... Having the number 1 pick is starting to feel like a curse lol. I have spent hours doing my homework on both guys and have flip flopped so much.. I am an ingram guy first but man.... sigh

Ingram was a good freshman at Duke... He wasn't one of the best players in the country. He wasn't an elite shooter. He wasn't the go to player on his own team. People are blowing him out of proportion because he's tall and lanky and physically resembles Kevin Durant.

I think he's a really strong prospect and possibly a blue chip player. Way ahead of anyone in this class besides Simmons.

But he's not in the same class as Simmons. He's just not. It's not close in my opinion.

No guarantees obviously for who will be better. They're all just prospects right now. But with the information we have now, at this moment it's Simmons all the way.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-21-2016, 08:38 PM
It's the Lebron-Durant dilemma.

warfelg
05-21-2016, 08:41 PM
2. What if Boston offered all of their picks for the next 2 years to drop 2 spots in the draft? Still no? It's not like the Celtics offer has to be just a player.

I understand that it would be scary, and I didn't say I'd do it ... I can just see how it could work out well for both teams to do a trade.

It still would be a no to me.

This what the whole process has been about. I mean there's no guarantee with Simmons or Ingram? No ****. There's not guarantee with any draft pick.

Don't forget we still own a 2017 pick swap with Sac, LAL 2017 Pick outside the top 3, 2018 LAL pick is 2017 doesn't convey, 2019 Sac unprotected pick. We also have 24 and 26 in this draft.

More picks is not what we need. We need to take this pick on one of the best prospects to come along in a while.

We aren't trading 1. It just ain't happening. Not unless Curry, LeBron, or AD are walking through that door with a guarantee of not going anywhere for the next 5-8 years.

sixer04fan
05-21-2016, 08:48 PM

Lol. Dude... Just stop. No. There is no trade we'd want to move from 1 to 3. This is a 2 man draft. End of story.

If anyone else was in our position they'd understand.

"I could see a good deal... What if Boston offers every single one of their picks over the next 2 years?" Lol

m_witter2003
05-21-2016, 09:12 PM
I think it depends on which team selects them. I think whoever goes to LA will have more play for a contender in a couple years since it's a free agent hot spot. Whoever goes to Philly will probably win ROY like MCW but won't compete for the playoffs for 4-5 years. I see Philly like the early 2000's Clippers.

I think Ingram has the best chance of being a superstar.

Teeboy1487
05-21-2016, 09:22 PM
What's the point in stressing it? Either way the sixers will be getting an elite prospect. The key is developing them properly. If I were the 76ers, I take Simmons. He has the most potential and he fits their biggest need, playmaking. I would would trade one of those big men sans Embiid for a shooting PG. A matter of fact, I would focus on acquiring shooters to surround Simmons with. With Simmons, there is no need for a pure point guard. A pg that can strictly shoot would be more valuable. Embiid and Simmons could be one of the most versatile front courts ever. Honestly, Noel and Okafor would be first on my list to trade. I know alot of people like Saric but he is far to unpredictable to change my draft plans for. Simmons is the easy choice here.

More-Than-Most
05-21-2016, 09:39 PM
What's the point in stressing it? Either way the sixers will be getting an elite prospect. The key is developing them properly. If I were the 76ers, I take Simmons. He has the most potential and he fits their biggest need, playmaking. I would would trade one of those big men sans Embiid for a shooting PG. A matter of fact, I would focus on acquiring shooters to surround Simmons with. With Simmons, there is no need for a pure point guard. A pg that can strictly shoot would be more valuable. Embiid and Simmons could be one of the most versatile front courts ever. Honestly, Noel and Okafor would be first on my list to trade. I know alot of people like Saric but he is far to unpredictable to change my draft plans for. Simmons is the easy choice here.

Noel or OKA... Embiid is untouchable.... we will live or die with him.... His trade stock is low because of injury but you just cant trade a 7 foot 3 2 way center that can shoot from anywhere with the body of a dwight howard.

Scoots
05-21-2016, 10:27 PM
I understand the allure of getting the top pick, and I really do like Simmons but any GM that turns down a huge offer from Boston is not doing their job for their team.

warfelg
05-21-2016, 10:43 PM
More like deserves to be fired on the spot.

This is the NBA. 1 player can change a team. 1 superstar is greater than a bunch of nice players.

If it's such a great package to do that why hasn't Ainge been able to trade all those picks for a superstar yet?

Oh that's right because NBA GMs are idiots like that.

sixer04fan
05-21-2016, 11:09 PM
I understand the allure of getting the top pick, and I really do like Simmons but any GM that turns down a huge offer from Boston is not doing their job for their team.

100% wrong. This is actually unbelievable lol

KINGOFSPORTS
05-21-2016, 11:31 PM

You missed the part where Kris Dunn is refusing to play for the Celtics or Suns.... He is demanding to go to a team that doesn't have a PG already ----- that would seem to classify the Sixers wouldn't it?

I happen to think the Sixers' most pressing need is a PG anyways. They already have like 4 forwards anyways.

The Celtics also have a lot of pieces to possibly trade. So the Sixers could grab maybe - one of their top young pieces, another 1st round pick, and the #3.

Now the Sixers fill their most pressing need - PG - and fill in other holes at the same time.

I understand why some fans wouldnt want to do it. But I also understand why you would. Kris Dunn could end up being the best player in the draft. Simmons cant even make a jumpshot.

We shall see, but with Kris Dunn refusing to play for Celtics something has gotta change

Scoots
05-22-2016, 12:41 AM
3, 16, 23 this year, and the better of Boston or Brooklyn's first next year to move up 2 spots ... if Boston offered that any GM who says no will deserve to be fired, and in retrospect people will wish he had been if he's not.

You Sixers fans can argue that the Sixers would NEVER do that ... but IF the Celtics offered 4 firsts including probably 2 top 5 picks for 1 pick? Yeah that's a good deal for the Sixers, and Simmons would be a good deal for the Celtics.

Sixers could have Dunn, Valentine, Luwawu, McCaw, and Hernangomez, and still be able to add another wave next year.

sixer04fan
05-22-2016, 01:07 AM
You're laughably wrong. But by all means, continue to waste your energy trying to convince yourself you're right.

Aust
05-22-2016, 01:47 AM

I understand your love of Ingram. I actually hope you pick Simmons because I want Ingram bad.

More-Than-Most
05-22-2016, 02:00 AM
I understand your love of Ingram. I actually hope you pick Simmons because I want Ingram bad.

Nobody else sees it man.... I argue in the sixers area all the time about it... I love them both.... Both to me are cant miss but I like Ingram more..... 90 percent of everyone else loves simmons more.

More-Than-Most
05-22-2016, 02:01 AM
You could offer 5 first round picks and the 3rd this year and I am still saying no... We have enough picks... There is a such thing as to many picks in all actuality which is why we will end up trading our late rounders... YOU DONT PASS ON SIMMONS/INGRAM.... If it busts so be it but you dont trade that away.

Scoots
05-22-2016, 02:02 AM
You're laughably wrong. But by all means, continue to waste your energy trying to convince yourself you're right.

I don't have to convince myself, I know I'm right. There is a point where the offer is just too good to say no. To deny it is to stick your head in the sand and not understand the way the world works.

jerellh528
05-22-2016, 02:04 AM
Nobody else sees it man.... I argue in the sixers area all the time about it... I love them both.... Both to me are cant miss but I like Ingram more..... 90 percent of everyone else loves simmons more.

Man, you guys need to not think about trading that first pick. Just take Simmons, trade the big oak for the third pick and take Dunn. Then enjoy the season and hopefully Embiid plays. You guys are in a good position, not time to get cute.

More-Than-Most
05-22-2016, 02:06 AM
Man, you guys need to not think about trading that first pick. Just take Simmons, trade the big oak for the third pick and take Dunn. Then enjoy the season and hopefully Embiid plays. You guys are in a good position, not time to get cute.

That is the plan.... I love dunn/Hield.... But anybody thinking sixers/lakers should trade the pick are off their rocker.

More-Than-Most
05-22-2016, 02:10 AM
I don't have to convince myself, I know I'm right. There is a point where the offer is just too good to say no. To deny it is to stick your head in the sand and not understand the way the world works.

Not in the NBA sorry.... The NBA is a superstar driven league and you need the next curry/James/Durant/Westy or you dont realistically have a shot at a title unless you completely luck out.... A team like the celtics wont likely be in the lottery so they could offer us the next 5 first rounders and the 3 this year and Id laugh at them as would most laker fans if they had the number 1.... Now if we are getting a Lebron/Durant/PG/Westy in a trade and they are staying for 4 plus years then id do a trade.... But for picks there isnt anything the boston celtics could offer that would make us pull that trigger esp after how our city reacted to having the number 1 pick.

KINGOFSPORTS
05-22-2016, 02:18 AM

Have you really checked out Kris Dunn though??? Really???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63GAIjzVH3M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCS5qxOzYa8

He is the consensus best PG in the draft and the Sixers need a PG in a BAD way. In case you didn't notice... teams don't trade franchise PGs nowadays.

I see a lot of flaws in both Ingram and Simmons. They both have the potential to be mediocre players.

I don't think Dunn has that potential - He looks like a PG that's ready to compete right now and be an above average player at his position. That's saying a lot in this era.

He's got the size at 6'5 and the strength to match up with a Westbrook. Tremendous defensive player. Great scorer... could be a better shooter but still respectable. I just don't see any weakness in his game like Simmons and INgram both have

What's his upper potential?? I'm not sure... But I wouldn't rule out superstar

Kriss Dunn could easily turn out as being the best player in the draft

More-Than-Most
05-22-2016, 02:28 AM
Have you really checked out Kris Dunn though??? Really???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63GAIjzVH3M

He is the consensus best PG in the draft and the Sixers need a PG in a BAD way. In case you didn't notice... teams don't trade franchise PGs nowadays.

I see a lot of flaws in both Ingram and Simmons. They both have the potential to be mediocre players.

I don't think Dunn has that potential - He looks like a PG that's ready to compete right now and be an above average player at his position. That's saying a lot in this era.

What's his upper potential?? I'm not sure... But I wouldn't rule out superstar

Kriss Dunn could easily turn out as being the best player in the draft

Oh No worries we will get him too.... Simmons with the 1 and Dunn with the 3 : )

I love Dunn man but this is a 2 player draft and then Dunn.... It just is. Sixers/Lakers would be fools to pass on either... We need a PG but we also need everything except a center

KINGOFSPORTS
05-22-2016, 02:50 AM
Oh No worries we will get him too.... Simmons with the 1 and Dunn with the 3 : )

I love Dunn man but this is a 2 player draft and then Dunn.... It just is. Sixers/Lakers would be fools to pass on either... We need a PG but we also need everything except a center

I understand Simmons... hes the clear #1 IMO. But yo ustill worry about that jumpshot... If he doesnt develop one then he will be very limited. Teams will play off him and make him shoot. Ive seen the NBA eat many bad shooting players alive.

And Ingram... this guy just had red flags all over the place. Just ASSUMING he will add a bunch of weight is a stretch for me. I think he will add some - but hes not going to turn into corey magette here. He's most likely always going to be slight compared to other players and thats a big issue - ESPECIALLY for a guy that doesn't have great quickness. Ingram had a nice shooting year behind the arc - but sub 70% FT shooting?!?!?!?!? And his specialty is supposed to be shooting?!?!?!

Ingram is not even in the same universe as Durant when it comes to skill or upside. Durant was the player of the year as a freshman and was the #1 option on his team. Ingram wasn't even the goto guy for his.

IDK man.... the more I look at these 2 guys the more I'm unimpressed. I actually like Dunn at 3 and Thon Maker wherever he goes.

I know it's CRAZY!!!!! but perhaps the majority is wrong on these guys?!?! Like they are almost every year??? I gotta check out some other lottery guys I guess

KINGOFSPORTS
05-22-2016, 02:53 AM
I didnt even get into intangibles btw.

Ingram doesn't have an alpha personality at all IMO and Simmons seems content to be a 'playmaker' as opposed to a dominant scorer. These aren't the traits you want a #1 or #2 pick to have IMO

KINGOFSPORTS
05-22-2016, 03:20 AM
I hope the Lakers trade down and pick up Buddy Hield at this point.

His 50, 40, 90 potential is too great to pass up. IDC about his age. Hes more ready to play now anyways

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-22-2016, 04:00 AM
I hope the Lakers trade down and pick up Buddy Hield at this point.

His 50, 40, 90 potential is too great to pass up. IDC about his age. Hes more ready to play now anyways

Last year you told us Russell was the pointGod. I don't want to listen to you anymore JÚsus

ewing
05-22-2016, 07:06 AM
It's the Lebron-Durant dilemma.

no its not. these guys have gotten insanely overrated at this point.

KINGOFSPORTS
05-22-2016, 01:33 PM

+1

ewing
05-22-2016, 03:37 PM
+1

i think people are just in denial about the fact that Simmons isn't that good. Now Ingram is as good as him so they both must be sure fire HOFers.

Scoots
05-22-2016, 04:31 PM

+2

KINGOFSPORTS
05-22-2016, 05:41 PM
Ingram = Trevor Ariza with better defensive potential

TDE
05-22-2016, 10:57 PM
Ingram said he would go on a diet consuming 5,000 calories a day to add weight, while also bulking up in the weight room.

TDE
05-22-2016, 11:03 PM
Trevor Ariza who is 6'7 had no shot coming to the NBA, this kids shot is already better than Ariza will ever be.

ewing
05-22-2016, 11:08 PM
Trevor Ariza who is 6'7 had no shot coming to the NBA, this kids shot is already better than Ariza will ever be.

i agree. trevor was a 2nd round pick. i think Ingram looks like a potential all star. neither guy looks like a holy **** that guy will be a franchise player though

TDE
05-22-2016, 11:16 PM
i agree. trevor was a 2nd round pick. i think Ingram looks like a potential all star. neither guy looks like a holy **** that guy will be a franchise player though
I'll also add, Ingram can create his own shot, Trevor Ariza struggles creating his own shot.
Bad comparison.

This class doesn't have a Shaq, Lebron, Ewing or Iverson. But you do have two players who can potentially become franchise players. Look at Kobe and Curry.

Stunner
05-23-2016, 12:27 AM
That is true , nobody can honestly sit here say entering the draft that Kobe and Curry were going to be Franchise guys let alone HOFs . That's shows how much of a crapshoot the draft is , that's why it's kind of silly to say it's just Ingram and Simmons and then it's a huge drop off which in theory is kind of true by s pure talent standpoint . I still think Dunn / Murray will become all stars in the future .

Alayla
05-23-2016, 08:10 AM
That is true , nobody can honestly sit here say entering the draft that Kobe and Curry were going to be Franchise guys let alone HOFs . That's shows how much of a crapshoot the draft is , that's why it's kind of silly to say it's just Ingram and Simmons and then it's a huge drop off which in theory is kind of true by s pure talent standpoint . I still think Dunn / Murray will become all stars in the future .

I mean I was already of the POV that Curry would become the best shooter of all time by the time draft day came around I was shocked not to see him go top 2 but I suppose I was in the minority on that.