PDA

View Full Version : Will there be a big shakeup in the NBA?

Vampirate
05-18-2016, 11:32 AM
Whether it's Durant leaving or Cousins getting traded or something else, do you see a big trade or FA signing happening to where a new team becomes a contender?

Chronz
05-18-2016, 01:03 PM
All I know is the Lakers are lucky as hell, this could be their offseason

albertajaysfan
05-18-2016, 01:43 PM
I could see Cousins and Butler getting moved.

I don't see Durant going anywhere unless OKC somehow forget how to play basketball over the next 4 games.

naps
05-18-2016, 02:16 PM
"If the Cavs win the championship then yes. Promise is kept. "---SAS.

WestCoastSportz
05-18-2016, 07:36 PM
I can see the Lakers taking a big leap in the Western conference. They may not be in the top 5 of playoff seeds, but they could challenge for the 7th or 8th seeds which would be a big leap from having just won 17 games.

The second pick seems pretty unanimous with Brandon Ingram out of Duke. With the cap jumping to an estimated $89M, they will have room to sign 2 max contracts and have enough money left over to fill the route with quality players. The Lakers have Los Angeles in their favor and there will be players that will want to play there.

Demar Derozan is the rumored big free agent for the Lakers, who is from Compton and played his college ball at USC. Another guy I would target would be Andre Drummond, who could command max dollars as well, or something close. Russell, Derozan, Ingram, Randle and Drummond would make a formidable starting unit. They would then have Lou Wiliams, Jordan Clarkson and Nance Jr. as their main bench players. With a few more players to fill out that roster, they would be able to contend in the West very fast.

Lakers + Giants
05-18-2016, 08:00 PM
Drummond is actually worth the max, pistons aren't letting him walk. **** Derozan. Clarkson> value wise

numba1CHANGsta
05-18-2016, 08:42 PM
Well if you're referring to signing/trading for a superstar as a big shakeup then nah there won't be. LeBron will stay in CLE, KD will re-sign with OKC for 1 more year, PG and Cousins and Butler aren't getting traded. You'll probably see some trades like an Okafor being traded and your b-level NBA players get signed like DeRozan, Horford, Drummond, etc. Now next offseason is gonna have a MAJOR shakeup with so many big names being available.

WaDe03
05-18-2016, 11:51 PM
"If the Cavs win the championship then yes. Promise is kept. "---SAS.

Keep your eyes open. I'm Cavs nation until the end of the playoffs now.