PDA

View Full Version : 76ers Get 1st Overall Pick

Nikeman
05-17-2016, 08:27 PM
Time for their tanking to end?

IndyRealist
05-17-2016, 08:45 PM
The NBA was going to make sure the tanking ended, regardless. That's why Hinkie is gone, and Colangelo is in.

So to try to steer this in a more productive direction, I think they should draft Ingram and trade Okafor for whatever they can get. Let Noel start at C and see what happens with Embiid in the near future.

HandsOnTheWheel
05-17-2016, 08:47 PM
Maybe they'll take another center this year.

Aust
05-17-2016, 09:07 PM
It's going to get very interesting if they decide to trade one or more than one of their big guys.

Tony_Starks
05-17-2016, 09:13 PM
They worked hard for it.

Htownballa1622
05-17-2016, 09:40 PM
I'm happy for philly.

Now u take simmons and go from there.

If he's as good as he thinks then just keep building around him and in a few years they should start making playoffs.

PhillySportFan
05-17-2016, 09:46 PM
It's been a long process but finally this year we should start seeing some positive things from our team aka wins. Lol

IndyRealist
05-17-2016, 09:47 PM
It's been a long process but finally this year we should start seeing some positive things from our team aka wins. Lol

Shame Hinkie isn't around to see his plan come to fruition, essentially because of some impatient fans and some bad bounces of the lottery balls.

Teeboy1487
05-17-2016, 10:07 PM
If I'm the 76ers, I'm on the phone with Boston right now seeing how much they want Okafor again.

Chi-guy13
05-17-2016, 10:21 PM
They should probably pick Ingram, but knowing the Sixers, they will add another big to their roster just for the hell of it

mrblisterdundee
05-17-2016, 10:33 PM
I'm guessing Ben Simmons to the 76ers, and Brandon Ingram to the Lakers.

If I'm the 76ers, I'm on the phone with Boston right now seeing how much they want Okafor again.

I could see that working for Boston and Philadelphia.

Stunner
05-17-2016, 10:40 PM

Yup Okafor and 24 for the 3rd over all pick .

Philly should take Murray, Hield gotten pretty overrated because of his great shooting season but his ceiling def isn't that high . Not much of a playmaker , always goes left , ball handling moves need to be developed better , physically he doesn't really stand out he's just kind of lil above average athletic wise . On the defensive side he's just strong and doesn't have good fundamentals .

Now I'm not saying he's going to be bad , on a team where he can off the bench and shoot in bunches he's good until he develops more . He can't be counted on being your franchise guy . A guy like Murray whose younger prob the better choice .

Alayla
05-17-2016, 10:43 PM
Yup Okafor and 24 for the 3rd over all pick .

Philly should take Murray, Hield gotten pretty overrated because of his great shooting season but his ceiling def isn't that high . Not much of a playmaker , always goes left , ball handling moves need to be developed better , physically he doesn't really stand out he's just kind of lil above average athletic wise . On the defensive side he's just strong and doesn't have good fundamentals .

Now I'm not saying he's going to be bad , on a team where he can off the bench and shoot in bunches he's good until he develops more . He can't be counted on being your franchise guy . A guy like Murray whose younger prob the better choice .

Okafor is worth more than the 3rd pick in a weak draft.

IndyRealist
05-17-2016, 10:46 PM
Brett Brown on finally getting the #1 pick:

Q: Did you ever feel like getting the No. 1 pick would actually happen?
Brown: I can't say that you knew that. What I could say is that I felt we were doing the right things all along the way, we were never skipping steps. We put in good days. Our process was questioned at times, fair enough. But I feel like with what we were building around us, on the court and off the court, that we were doing the right thing to give ourselves a chance for genuine longevity.

Stunner
05-17-2016, 10:51 PM
Okafor is worth more than the 3rd pick in a weak draft.

Wasn't he the 3rd overall pick last year ? Lol he would be the third overall pick in this years draft as well . Boston most def would have drafted him if he came out this year

If Philly got the lakers 4th pick they would have either had a combo of Simmons and Murray or Ingram and Dunn depending on how the 1 and 2 picks fell . It's a fair trade overall for both sides

IndyRealist
05-17-2016, 11:19 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't want Simmons. So many red flags.

Simmons, the projected No. 1 pick, is hoping to be selected by Los Angeles in order to pressure his preferred brand Nike into increasing its contract offer, Nick DePaula of The Vertical reported.

Rivera
05-17-2016, 11:24 PM
This is only me asking and I know I have a Red Sox a Avi I'm a magic fan first

But would the 76ers entertain a trade with the Celtics for the 1 pick?

Celtics have

#Celtics will pick #3, #16, #23, #31, #35, #45, #51, #58.

Alayla
05-17-2016, 11:31 PM
Wasn't he the 3rd overall pick last year ? Lol he would be the third overall pick in this years draft as well . Boston most def would have drafted him if he came out this year

If Philly got the lakers 4th pick they would have either had a combo of Simmons and Murray or Ingram and Dunn depending on how the 1 and 2 picks fell . It's a fair trade overall for both sides

That is exactly the point your expecting a team to pay a first round pick to willingly downgrade when no one at 3 projects to be better than Okafor. The 76ers are not going to deal him for the sake of dealing him yes there is a logjam at the position and yes a move needs to be made but there is not pressure for one to be made at a loss.

hotdalton18
05-17-2016, 11:38 PM
The NBA was going to make sure the tanking ended, regardless. That's why Hinkie is gone, and Colangelo is in.

So to try to steer this in a more productive direction, I think they should draft Ingram and trade Okafor for whatever they can get. Let Noel start at C and see what happens with Embiid in the near future.

Why trade your best player ?

Keep everyone since you have no depth lol

Draft Ingram or Simmons

Start Okafor at PF and Joel at C

Noel can be the back up for both spots

TheNumber37
05-17-2016, 11:40 PM
Okafor for Brandon knight.

Okafor for Jordan Clarkson

Okafor for What Boston or Denver wants

Stunner
05-17-2016, 11:47 PM
That is exactly the point your expecting a team to pay a first round pick to willingly downgrade when no one at 3 projects to be better than Okafor. The 76ers are not going to deal him for the sake of dealing him yes there is a logjam at the position and yes a move needs to be made but there is not pressure for one to be made at a loss.

it's not a downgrade if Philly gets a pick back to get a player they want to get . Okafor doesn't even want to be in Philly prob and would welcome the move, Philly dumb GM took the center where they had a young center over the young pg which they needed.

Now Philly can hold out with all three bigs and move them later but I wouldn't pass up a potential Ingram / Dunn or Simmons / Murray duo . Philly could ask for the 16th pick from Boston as well as the 3rd but you can't really be asking for man that for a player who hasn't proven anything . He hasn't earned more value than say a Boogie or Jimmy butler . But to their own

mrblisterdundee
05-17-2016, 11:55 PM
They should probably pick Ingram, but knowing the Sixers, they will add another big to their roster just for the hell of it

I don't see why Ben Simmons would be a bad pick. The 76ers, while weak in the back court, don't really have a decent power forward, whereas they have two serviceable small forwards in Robert Covington and Jerami Grant, who could develop into an important piece.
I would take Simmons and start trying to trade Jahlil Okafor. if Joel Embiid comes back strong, use him at center and try to trade Nerlens Noel. If he doesn't, Noel seems like a decent center for today's faster-paced NBA. Then comes getting a decent shooting guard.

More-Than-Most
05-17-2016, 11:59 PM

Okafor for What Boston or Denver wants

Oka has more trade value than Russell right now so no way they trade him for clarkson.. I like clarkson but not at the contract he will likely get

More-Than-Most
05-18-2016, 12:00 AM
it's not a downgrade if Philly gets a pick back to get a player they want to get . Okafor doesn't even want to be in Philly prob and would welcome the move, Philly dumb GM took the center where they had a young center over the young pg which they needed.

Now Philly can hold out with all three bigs and move them later but I wouldn't pass up a potential Ingram / Dunn or Simmons / Murray duo . Philly could ask for the 16th pick from Boston as well as the 3rd but you can't really be asking for man that for a player who hasn't proven anything . He hasn't earned more value than say a Boogie or Jimmy butler . But to their own

That dumb GM took the best player available in a draft where outside of the top 4 there wasnt much either... Now that dumb GM center pick could be offloaded for another top talent prospect.

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-18-2016, 12:08 AM
Good for Philly. Their fans have suffered enough. They deserve this

Aust
05-18-2016, 01:12 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sa7KR5X1F4

Draft lottery drawing. Philly got the 2nd pick too so they had to redraw.

ewing
05-18-2016, 06:12 AM
****, i thought the NBA was going to take it away from the Sixers after the Deke thing.

ewing
05-18-2016, 06:15 AM
Good for Philly. Their fans have suffered enough. They deserve this

with the lengths they have gone to to suck for the last 3 years i think they deserve it more then anything team in history.

IndyRealist
05-18-2016, 06:44 AM
Why trade your best player ?

Keep everyone since you have no depth lol

Draft Ingram or Simmons

Start Okafor at PF and Joel at C

Noel can be the back up for both spots

What makes Okafor their best player? Because he scores a lot of points? No, that makes him the most tradeable player, not the best.

The reason they drafted so many big men was to take the most valuable trade assets, see which panned out for them, and then trade the rest for players they need (preferably an allstar). Holding onto all of these guys was never in the plan.

Sportsguy9695
05-18-2016, 06:46 AM
I thought the Lakers would get number one. i was rather shocked when the lakers didnt get it

CodeRed
05-18-2016, 07:22 AM

Okafor for What Boston or Denver wants Denver will gladly pass on that headache and move forward with our own, very talented, bigs Jokic and Nurkic.

CodeRed
05-18-2016, 07:25 AM
If the Sixers could get the third for Okafor+ i'd do it. Draft Simmons at 1 and Dunn at 3.

Dunn
?
Simmons
Saric
Embiid/ Noel

Not a terrible young core....

warfelg
05-18-2016, 07:46 AM
If the Sixers could get the third for Okafor+ i'd do it. Draft Simmons at 1 and Dunn at 3.

Dunn
?
Simmons
Saric
Embiid/ Noel

Not a terrible young core....

Except that's pretty terrible value for Okafor. Just because he was drafted 3 last year doesn't mean that he's the same value as the 3 pick this year.

CeltBruinSoxFan
05-18-2016, 08:19 AM
I'd prefer Saric for #3. I don't want any part of Okafor for our #3 pick.

R. Johnson#3
05-18-2016, 08:46 AM
Are there any soft Italian bigs out there? BC loves those guys!

warfelg
05-18-2016, 08:50 AM
I'd prefer Saric for #3. I don't want any part of Okafor for our #3 pick.

I think I could stomach that a little more.

However, I do think that we could trade less, get to the 7-13 range, and pick up a player with as much potential and promise as someone we could get at 3.

Vinylman
05-18-2016, 09:23 AM
People on here are funny thinking Colangelo is going to trade young guys for more picks...

not happening... young guys will be moved for solid contributing vets...

Don't be surprised if Okafor and the Lakers pick are packaged for a minor all star

No chance that Philly continues to accumulate picks ....

ZERO!

lavell12
05-18-2016, 09:31 AM
Why do the Sixers need to trade Okafer? I don't see it. I'd rather pair Simmons with Okafer than the names mentioned in an Okafer trade.

Alayla
05-18-2016, 09:32 AM

When did this happen? if your referring to Russell he was picked before Okafor you of all people being a Lakers person should know this.
As for "getting the player we want" none of the players from 3 on down in this draft have anywhere near the potential of Okafor and i am not even a big Okafor person if anything I get attacked on the sixers forum for how willing to move him i am frankly i perfer both Noel and Embiid.
But even Okafor for 3 straight up is not interesting to me im not as a Sixers fan going to want to add other assets on top of that. Hell even some Celtics fans have stated they think Okafor for 3 is slanted in there favor.
Rethink your position as it simply does not make sense for the Sixers.

Oh and it literally makes no difference if Okafor wants to be on the Sixers or not he is under a contract and after that contract ends he will be a RFA he has no power in this situation.

lavell12
05-18-2016, 09:32 AM
Pilling up draft picks makes since in the NFL draft not the NBA. In the NBA you win with stars not pilling up good players.

PhillyFaninLA
05-18-2016, 10:06 AM

I actually would be on the phone with Phoenix about Okafor for 4 and 13.

warfelg
05-18-2016, 10:18 AM
Why do the Sixers need to trade Okafer? I don't see it. I'd rather pair Simmons with Okafer than the names mentioned in an Okafer trade.

Right now the guys we have to fill the 4/5 would be:
Landry, Embiid, Okafor, Noel, Holmes, Grant, Saric, and if we draft him Simmons.

That's 8 guys whose primary minutes come at 1 of 2 spots. It's also proven that Okafor/Noel and Okafor/Holmes AND Okafor/Grant don't really work.

Okafor as a headliner in a deal would bring us the best package without really hurting our overall team because he's the square peg in a round hole.

KnicksorBust
05-18-2016, 11:42 AM
Except that's pretty terrible value for Okafor. Just because he was drafted 3 last year doesn't mean that he's the same value as the 3 pick this year.

But it guarantees you get the best guard on your draft board. Then you have the best guard and the best forward to add to a depth chart that was overloaded with big men. It makes too much sense to actually happen but I am genuinely surprised to see Sixers fans so attached to Okafor.

warfelg
05-18-2016, 11:53 AM
But it guarantees you get the best guard on your draft board. Then you have the best guard and the best forward to add to a depth chart that was overloaded with big men. It makes too much sense to actually happen but I am genuinely surprised to see Sixers fans so attached to Okafor.

We're not attached.

We just know he's more valuable. I rather use him as a centerpiece for a guy like Knight or Teague than guys like Dunn, Murray and Hield.

KnicksorBust
05-18-2016, 11:58 AM
We're not attached.

We just know he's more valuable. I rather use him as a centerpiece for a guy like Knight or Teague than guys like Dunn, Murray and Hield.

But would you really turn down an opportunity to get a guy like Dunn on a rookie deal in the *hopes* of the Hawks agreeing to give you Teague?

warfelg
05-18-2016, 11:59 AM
But would you really turn down an opportunity to get a guy like Dunn on a rookie deal in the *hopes* of the Hawks agreeing to give you Teague?

Yes.

Okafors ceiling is much much higher than Dunns.

Tony_Starks
05-18-2016, 12:15 PM
If the Sixers can't finally put a winning team on the floor after years of picks, throwing seasons, and overall basketball debauchery then shame on them.

ccugrad1
05-18-2016, 12:23 PM
If the Sixers can't finally put a winning team on the floor after years of picks, throwing seasons, and overall basketball debauchery then shame on them.

I still think even with the #1 overall pick, the Sixers aren't much closer to the playoffs than they are now. If I was the 76ers, I'd trade the #1 overall pick for a "superstar" because that is what they really need. They don't need any more lottery picks.

I look at the 76ers like the Cleveland Browns of the NFL; one draft pick isn't going to help them! Truth be told, same goes for the Lakers!

Beltrans Mole
05-18-2016, 12:32 PM
I still think even with the #1 overall pick, the Sixers aren't much closer to the playoffs than they are now. If I was the 76ers, I'd trade the #1 overall pick for a "superstar" because that is what they really need. They don't need any more lottery picks.

I look at the 76ers like the Cleveland Browns of the NFL; one draft pick isn't going to help them! Truth be told, same goes for the Lakers!

It's 10x easier to turn around a franchise with high draft picks in basketball compared to football.

Vinylman
05-18-2016, 12:33 PM
We're not attached.

that is what will happen... they aren't trading these guys for more 1st round picks

warfelg
05-18-2016, 12:40 PM
that is what will happen... they aren't trading these guys for more 1st round picks

Amen. It's time for us to go get some established players to put around Embiid and Simmons/Ingram.

Trading Okafor for pick 3/4 would only be more kicking the can to see what sticks.

Hawkeye15
05-18-2016, 12:58 PM
what are the updates on Embiid, and Saric? Adding Simmons (a natural playmaker who can score in the paint and rebound) is a big need for them.

Hawkeye15
05-18-2016, 12:59 PM

they won't be a playoff team next season, even if Embiid comes back, and Saric joins the roster. Still need to grow together.

eDush
05-18-2016, 01:07 PM

Yes.

Okafors ceiling is much much higher than Dunns.
And D'Angelo ceiling is much much higher than Okafors which is why the Lakers took him instead for a chance at another Kobe :nod:

Simmons is the only player in the draft that can reach Kobe status....not Ingram or anyone else in this draft. If I was the Lakers, I would do anything to get that top pick...like giving them Randle who plays the same position as Simmons. Just saying......

warfelg
05-18-2016, 01:44 PM
what are the updates on Embiid, and Saric? Adding Simmons (a natural playmaker who can score in the paint and rebound) is a big need for them.

Embiid starts 2-on-2 contact playing Friday. MRI was done and reports are everything has healed correctly (from what I've heard).

Saric is coming. Likely won't announce till his season is 100% over, and likely post SL (to skip playing in it).

urban85disciple
05-18-2016, 01:48 PM
And D'Angelo ceiling is much much higher than Okafors which is why the Lakers took him instead for a chance at another Kobe :nod:

Simmons is the only player in the draft that can reach Kobe status....not Ingram or anyone else in this draft. If I was the Lakers, I would do anything to get that top pick...like giving them Randle who plays the same position as Simmons. Just saying......

What makes you think Russell's ceiling is higher?

Hawkeye15
05-18-2016, 01:50 PM
Embiid starts 2-on-2 contact playing Friday. MRI was done and reports are everything has healed correctly (from what I've heard).

Saric is coming. Likely won't announce till his season is 100% over, and likely post SL (to skip playing in it).

So they could be starting the season with both Simmons/Ingram, and Embiid on the floor? How will his minutes conflict with Okafor, do you think they can play together? Saric will be a nice addition, we will see how he adapts, all foreign guys are different in that regard.

PhillyFaninLA
05-18-2016, 01:55 PM

Last I heard:

Embiid will be kept out of summer league to make sure he is 100% for training camp. He is shooting, dunking, etc...

Saric the plan is he is coming over (from him and his father, but Calengelo and Brown will head over seas to talk to him and get things confirmed.

warfelg
05-18-2016, 01:56 PM
So they could be starting the season with both Simmons/Ingram, and Embiid on the floor? How will his minutes conflict with Okafor, do you think they can play together? Saric will be a nice addition, we will see how he adapts, all foreign guys are different in that regard.

As far as the C's go; one of them has got to go.

All of us want to keep Noel as a backup plan. 1, he fits with more lineups. 2, his defense in a second unit is more valuable than Okafors offense (IMO). 3, Okafor brings more back.

If we draft Simmons we are looking at a 4/5 group of:
Noel, Okafor, Embiid, Holmes, Landry, Grant, Saric, Simmons. Add in Covington who can play small ball 4.

Logic there says 1, more likely 2, have to go. Okafor brings back more. Landry can be used to get something. Maybe not valuable, but some team will want him. Then my personal logic says that one of Grant/Simmons/Holmes goes at the trade deadline.

warfelg
05-18-2016, 01:57 PM

Fandom :laugh:

Hawkeye15
05-18-2016, 02:07 PM
As far as the C's go; one of them has got to go.

All of us want to keep Noel as a backup plan. 1, he fits with more lineups. 2, his defense in a second unit is more valuable than Okafors offense (IMO). 3, Okafor brings more back.

If we draft Simmons we are looking at a 4/5 group of:
Noel, Okafor, Embiid, Holmes, Landry, Grant, Saric, Simmons. Add in Covington who can play small ball 4.

Logic there says 1, more likely 2, have to go. Okafor brings back more. Landry can be used to get something. Maybe not valuable, but some team will want him. Then my personal logic says that one of Grant/Simmons/Holmes goes at the trade deadline.

I figured as such. I don't think the Sixers need to be in any rush to move either C, they can sit and wait, and see what happens. I don't think you guys will compete for the playoffs this year anyways, it's the first legit year you have a nucleus that will mostly be kept together, so I would expect some growing pains. Lot of players with no NBA experience. But it's nice to see a little stability in the roster finally.

Stunner
05-18-2016, 02:13 PM
I'm not a lakers guy

warfelg
05-18-2016, 02:14 PM
I figured as such. I don't think the Sixers need to be in any rush to move either C, they can sit and wait, and see what happens. I don't think you guys will compete for the playoffs this year anyways, it's the first legit year you have a nucleus that will mostly be kept together, so I would expect some growing pains. Lot of players with no NBA experience. But it's nice to see a little stability in the roster finally.

I don't think we can wait. If Embiid can play the only thing that can happen is the value of all three goes down.

If we play one less the question will be why doesn't he get the minutes. What's wrong.

If one isn't super efficient but plays a bunch his value will go down.

If ones efficient in small spurts his value will hold, but lack of more PT questions will pop up.

Holding on will only get worse.

Hawkeye15
05-18-2016, 02:17 PM
I don't think we can wait. If Embiid can play the only thing that can happen is the value of all three goes down.

If we play one less the question will be why doesn't he get the minutes. What's wrong.

If ones efficient in small spurts his value will hold, but lack of more PT questions will pop up.

Embiid holds such minimal value right now, I just wouldn't pull the trigger this offseason. Let him get healthy, and play them minutes as they come. If you trade just to trade, you won't be maximizing value anyways, so what's the harm in waiting for the right trade to come along?

Stunner
05-18-2016, 02:25 PM
I think it's has to do with fandom a good amount of people thought Russell would have more upside being only a year younger than Oak. In a league were your typical back to basket big isn't really luxury anymore it's very guard orientated.

Nobody thinks Okafor won't be good but I think it really depends on the roster he's on . Idk if he can be s franchise guy ever until he improved his Jumpshot , rebounding and defense . But I could see him as piece that helps a piece or two that's better than him .

Idk I think if Embiid stays healthy mostly the rest of his career he surpasses Okafor .

Russell and Okafor both talented guys but i think Russell upside is more and I'm not a laker guy I'm a Chicago guy .

I think the lakers saw the talent too and that's why they went Russell with Kat gone . I don't think anybody last year thought Philly would take Okafor , that Mudiay's was going to be the choice for a team with no PG at all . Knicks fans were pissed but they got over it half way through the season with Porz

warfelg
05-18-2016, 02:39 PM
Embiid holds such minimal value right now, I just wouldn't pull the trigger this offseason. Let him get healthy, and play them minutes as they come. If you trade just to trade, you won't be maximizing value anyways, so what's the harm in waiting for the right trade to come along?

It's not trading one for the sake of trading though. Okafor and Noel on the court together doesn't work.

Now the ability for one of them to log minutes at PF isn't available with Simmons/Saric/Grant/Landry at the spot.

The only logical thing now it to trade one of them.

This is why I didn't want Okafor in the first place. We've got to trade someone. The minutes just aren't there now to say "let's see who works". There's no time to wait and see anymore. Someone has to go. Even if Embiid can only give us 20 m/g, Noel at 30, that leaves almost no time for Okafor.

Stunner
05-18-2016, 02:44 PM
Man Mudiay / Ingram / Saric/ Noel / Embiid would have been nice team to see grow . Added some more shooting in free agency .

Tony_Starks
05-18-2016, 03:12 PM

I agree I don't think you guys should or will wait.

I expect Philly to be very active on draft night.

I'm still very much in disagreement with the farce that Hinkie pulled over the years but however it goes they will be in the drivers seat come draft night.

Stunner
05-18-2016, 03:15 PM
https://youtu.be/AuAPiIT_uNA

I know it's SAS but he makes a good point , get the guy who wants to be there and embrace the city .

Hawkeye15
05-18-2016, 03:15 PM
It's not trading one for the sake of trading though. Okafor and Noel on the court together doesn't work.

Now the ability for one of them to log minutes at PF isn't available with Simmons/Saric/Grant/Landry at the spot.

This is why I didn't want Okafor in the first place. We've got to trade someone. The minutes just aren't there now to say "let's see who works". There's no time to wait and see anymore. Someone has to go. Even if Embiid can only give us 20 m/g, Noel at 30, that leaves almost no time for Okafor.

you can't possibly buy into the fact that you can count on 2/3 guys who missed huge amounts of time are suddenly going to become pillars of health. There are 96 mpg up front. It can absolutely work. Why would you even bother trying to balance out an unproven roster?

Yes, you play it out, and see what sticks. You won't get near the value in a trade now, a clear sign of a forced move, that you will get after they play, stay healthy, and are producing. The only way I make a trade with one of your 2 centers is for more picks/youth.

warfelg
05-18-2016, 03:19 PM
No. Fist off 8 guys for 96 minutes. If you want to showcase all for best value in a trade that's 10 mpg for all of them.

Okafor has missed a bunch of time too. So he's not immune from that. Heck it's rare for guys to make it through a season uninjured, so skipping moves out of fear or injury is stupid.

Why would you bother? You have 8 guys under contract for 2 spots.

That leaves 6 roster spots for 3 positions.

Doesn't make sense to be 4 deep at PF and C but only 2 deep at PG, SG, and SF.

Hawkeye15
05-18-2016, 03:21 PM
No. Fist off 8 guys for 96 minutes. If you want to showcase all for best value in a trade that's 10 mpg for all of them.

Okafor has missed a bunch of time too. So he's not immune from that. Heck it's rare for guys to make it through a season uninjured, so skipping moves out of fear or injury is stupid.

Why would you bother? You have 8 guys under contract for 2 spots.

That leaves 6 roster spots for 3 positions.

Doesn't make sense to be 4 deep at PF and C but only 2 deep at PG, SG, and SF.

you identify your keepers, and shuttle the remaining off. You aren't contending in the next few years, there is plenty of time to see what you actually have, and balance accordingly. If you can get real value for one of the centers, great. But if it's not fetching proper value, it was not the right pick. Which happens all the time. Look at my Wolves. We were the model of sucking without intending to suck.

Stunner
05-18-2016, 03:32 PM
Says Philly leaning towards Simmons smh http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/05/18/report-76ers-leaning-heavily-toward-draft-ben-simmons-with-no-1-pick/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Drafting players that don't want to be there almost never pans out . I get they should be appreciative about getting drafted too and they're talented but at some point you gotta be smart when drafting . Don't give that guy the glory of being called a number 1 pick ; if you do take him make calls to see what you can get out of him that night . Ben Simmons can fetch you something very good a lot more than Okafor would .

Chronz
05-18-2016, 03:32 PM
I just want to see Embiid play already, the promise is tantalizing. That reaches my big word quote for the day

Chronz
05-18-2016, 03:33 PM
PS.

Hinkie is rolling over in his grave right now

Chronz
05-18-2016, 03:35 PM
What Simmons is doing is worse than Francis/Kobe, those guys wanted to be the #1 pick, this guy wants his cake and eat it too.

Stunner
05-18-2016, 03:39 PM
What Simmons is doing is worse than Francis/Kobe, those guys wanted to be the #1 pick, this guy wants his cake and eat it too.

I think Simmons wants to be number one , I think he just was hoping LA would win the lotto so he gets the best of both .
He hasn't come out and said he wouldn't play for anyone

Francis still did worse , Francis told the Grizz not to draft him at all straight out and then pouted . Steve wanted to come to the chi but if not then he wanted anyone but the Grizz

https://youtu.be/_eJjfsgZIYA

Aust
05-18-2016, 03:48 PM
I don't see Philly moving Embiid next year unless something unforeseen happens. They'll probably move a couple of the less important guys and give Embiid a year to play and stay healthy and then gauge whether to move him or make him a part of their core.
Moving Okafor on draft day makes sense for a good player or a lottery pick package that could net them a top guard. It's tough to say, though, whether they are comfortable enough with Embiid to move Okafor. This might drag on to the trade deadline or next offseason.

ewing
05-18-2016, 03:55 PM

I agree. I don't think it is ever a good idea to announce to the league that you must trade a guy. The sixers should sit tight. They should listen but but do not need to be desperate.

Hawkeye15
05-18-2016, 04:00 PM
I agree. I don't think it is ever a good idea to announce to the league that you must trade a guy. The sixers should sit tight. They should listen but but do not need to be desperate.

that is all I am trying to say. Simmons gives them a desperate need, a playmaker who can get to the rim, and distribute the ball. And he can rebound and score in traffic too. Perfect for them. But I just don't see the rush to try and balance out a roster at the expense of bringing back proper value in a trade(s). You weaken your position by being obvious you are trying to move a certain player, or players.

Chronz
05-18-2016, 04:06 PM
I think Simmons wants to be number one , I think he just was hoping LA would win the lotto so he gets the best of both .
He hasn't come out and said he wouldn't play for anyone

Francis still did worse , Francis told the Grizz not to draft him at all straight out and then pouted . Steve wanted to come to the chi but if not then he wanted anyone but the Grizz

https://youtu.be/_eJjfsgZIYA

Man I miss beyond the glory, 30 for 30 is prolly better tho. Yeah, I guess Francis will always take the cake

Tony_Starks
05-18-2016, 04:07 PM

Simmons is consensus number 1, at worst number 2. Huge difference.

Kobe was nobody's 1, he was anywhere from 4-13,teams weren't losing any sleep over not drafting him.

Francis maybe, but I don't think he wanted to be #1 just nothing to do with the Grizz....

Stunner
05-18-2016, 04:08 PM
You're making sense but so are Philly fans who don't want Ben or the ones who want Ben but are tired of watching a team tank for so many years and want to look like a team that actually looks like they want to head in the right direction. You can't fault them for that .

ewing
05-18-2016, 04:14 PM
that is all I am trying to say. Simmons gives them a desperate need, a playmaker who can get to the rim, and distribute the ball. And he can rebound and score in traffic too. Perfect for them. But I just don't see the rush to try and balance out a roster at the expense of bringing back proper value in a trade(s). You weaken your position by being obvious you are trying to move a certain player, or players.

Simmons scares me

Hawkeye15
05-18-2016, 04:15 PM
Simmons is consensus number 1, at worst number 2. Huge difference.

Kobe was nobody's 1, he was anywhere from 4-13,teams weren't losing any sleep over not drafting him.

Francis maybe, but I don't think he wanted to be #1 just nothing to do with the Grizz....

Kobe came along when it was still taboo to draft a teenager.

I think Francis does take the cake on pre draft douchery

Hawkeye15
05-18-2016, 04:16 PM
Simmons scares me

well, Wiggins came in with a "doesn't always play with a high motor" label. But, so did Michael Beasley....

Bostonjorge
05-18-2016, 04:24 PM
My basketball senses tell me lakers are getting Simmons

Tony_Starks
05-18-2016, 04:31 PM
Kobe came along when it was still taboo to draft a teenager.

I think Francis does take the cake on pre draft douchery

The WHOLE cake! Lol

warfelg
05-18-2016, 04:43 PM
The WHOLE cake! Lol

He takes about 5 cakes lol

KG2TB
05-18-2016, 04:49 PM
well, Wiggins came in with a "doesn't always play with a high motor" label. But, so did Michael Beasley....

Even Wiggins had more of a jump shot. And despite a nice season this year, he still has a long ways to go to reach his potential. Wiggins just seems more competitive. Simmons scares me a lot more than Wiggins did.

Hawkeye15
05-18-2016, 04:50 PM
The WHOLE cake! Lol

remember one of his excuses was "It's gods will" haha?

ewing
05-18-2016, 05:22 PM

not only that. from the basketball side that he is a play maker with out a jump shot and he seemed to have a real bad attitude. that might change once he starts getting paid but dude seemed pretty annoyed by the fact that he had to play college basketball for a year

ewing
05-18-2016, 05:23 PM
remember one of his excuses was "It's gods will" haha?

well that's the truth :)

numba1CHANGsta
05-18-2016, 05:49 PM
Which of these 4 players would you draft in order: Wiggins, Towns, Simmons, Ingram

Stunner
05-18-2016, 06:09 PM
Which of these 4 players would you draft in order: Wiggins, Towns, Simmons, Ingram

Towns / Simmons / Ingram / Wiggins

bostncelts34
05-18-2016, 06:45 PM
I really love the idea of an Okafor trade to Boston. I think it works well for both teams.

Philly has a log jam of bigs and no guards.

Boston gives #3 pick and a player (smart,Rozier,Hunter) or a combination of guys and philly trades back Okafor.

That leaves Philly with the #1 and #3 pick (simmons/ingram, (guard)) Why have a log Jam of talent at C .... Get something for one of them and rebuild.

numba1CHANGsta
05-18-2016, 07:10 PM
I really love the idea of an Okafor trade to Boston. I think it works well for both teams.

Philly has a log jam of bigs and no guards.

Boston gives #3 pick and a player (smart,Rozier,Hunter) or a combination of guys and philly trades back Okafor.

That leaves Philly with the #1 and #3 pick (simmons/ingram, (guard)) Why have a log Jam of talent at C .... Get something for one of them and rebuild.

I like this for both teams. The Sixers would draft a guard that they badly need and the Celtics would get an overrated one-dimensional center :D

More-Than-Most
05-18-2016, 08:26 PM
The theory around all of phila today is that the number 1 pick all comes down to saric.... They are going to meet with him in June b4 the draft and if he comes over they are going ingram because Simmons/Saric are similar and ingram would fit much better with saric here.... If saric doesnt come over then its simmons but the sixers seems to be leaning simmons and simmons has really close ties to Brown because of how well they know each other.

More-Than-Most
05-18-2016, 08:27 PM
I like this for both teams. The Sixers would draft a guard that they badly need and the Celtics would get an overrated one-dimensional center :D

He only became overrated when the lakers chose russell... Before that OKA was the next cant miss best player ever tim duncan. Funny how that works out.

Teeboy1487
05-18-2016, 08:55 PM
He only became overrated when the lakers chose russell... Before that OKA was the next cant miss best player ever tim duncan. Funny how that works out.

Okafor got Al Jefferson comparisons from the start.

Stunner
05-18-2016, 08:58 PM
Yea Okafor always been thought of ending up as al Jefferson , you heard the Tim Duncan stuff before the college season began but after you watched more tape it disappeared

More-Than-Most
05-18-2016, 09:05 PM

Lol I was the one saying he was a more offensive AL Jefferson as were a few others while 90 percent of laker fans thought we were crazy and there is a ton of past threads to prove that because I was always in it saying something like that and praising russell

When the lakers picked russell even though Oka looked better than him this year 90 percent of the laker fans basically say he stinks and want no part of him lol... I still want russell... I think Oka will be a beast and is being dealt an unfair hand on defense but my tune has always stayed the same.... When this debate comes up its Russ has had nothing around him and a coach hindering him all while using Plus/Minus to trash OKA but not realizing he has had worse around him then russ has had :shrug:

Just dumb in my opinion.

ewing
05-18-2016, 10:20 PM

Towns, Ingram, Wiggens, Simmons

Philly Hammer
05-18-2016, 11:11 PM

This is why I didn't want Okafor in the first place. We've got to trade someone. The minutes just aren't there now to say "let's see who works". There's no time to wait and see anymore. Someone has to go. Even if Embiid can only give us 20 m/g, Noel at 30, that leaves almost no time for Okafor.I doesn't matter who you want he was the best player available. So I guess by the way you are talking Saric, Embiid and Noel are just going to come right in and take up so many minutes that Okafor just has to be traded. Your using minutes to justify your argument I just don't see why the Sixers have to do what your assuming they should when they absolutely don't have to. If they deal Okafor and then something happens to Embiid or he can't get on the floor god forbid then what? The Sixers didn't come all this way just to have that happen they need to see what they have before they just start unloading guys like you want. You have an imaginary clock pushing your agenda for the Sixers to rid themselves of Okafor I pray to god they are not thinking the same way you are or this would have all just been for nothing.

Scoots
05-18-2016, 11:42 PM
I have a feeling the Sixers are going to screw it up and go Ingram

ewing
05-19-2016, 12:09 AM
I have a feeling the Sixers are going to screw it up and go Ingram

yeah they need big athletic guy that cant shoot

aman_13
05-19-2016, 12:57 AM
This is the second time BC got the first overall pick in his first yr as a GM on a new team.

Scoots
05-19-2016, 12:58 AM
yeah they need big athletic guy that cant shoot

They need everything and I think Simmons is a more special player.

Stunner
05-19-2016, 02:05 AM

Still wouldn't take him if he isn't showing he's committed to leading the 76ers to the promise land . Don't need to take another player who doesn't want to be there . Porz didn't even work out for Philly cuz he didn't want to go there , Okafor wanted LA or NY .

If you're not convinced either take Ingram or package the pick for ransom .

New people are in charge in Philly and I bet they will be trying to build a young team the right way.

BKLYNpigeon
05-19-2016, 02:20 AM
Sixers should draft Simmons. He will be under team control for 7 years.

PhillyFaninLA
05-19-2016, 05:56 AM
You're making sense but so are Philly fans who don't want Ben or the ones who want Ben but are tired of watching a team tank for so many years and want to look like a team that actually looks like they want to head in the right direction. You can't fault them for that .

My issue with Simmons is I don't like the last year he had. He strikes me as a guy with questionable heart. I can see him becoming a Derek Coleman or Sam Bradford type.

If we take him, and I think we have to, I'll be on board and hoping I'm wrong. No question his talent, and he could be a borderline all star with minimal effort, but he could be a superstar, a true superstar, if he has the heart.

More-Than-Most
05-19-2016, 06:46 AM
Still wouldn't take him if he isn't showing he's committed to leading the 76ers to the promise land . Don't need to take another player who doesn't want to be there . Porz didn't even work out for Philly cuz he didn't want to go there , Okafor wanted LA or NY .

New people are in charge in Philly and I bet they will be trying to build a young team the right way.

He doesnt want to go anywhere except LA for his brand.... That being said he would be 100 percent happy here because Brent Brown has known him and his family for years and coached his dad forever.....

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/draft/2016/05/18/76ers-brett-brown-ben-simmons-brandon-ingram-nba-draft/84539430/

Here is Browns exact words

I coached Bens father a long time ago; Ive known Ben since he was born, Brown said in a USA TODAY story from Nicole Auerbach. Ive known his family since the late 80s. Just having that knowledge of where he was raised, understanding that culture I also lived 17 years in Australia. There are a lot of different connections (related to that) that I think help make me better informed. This will help our organization make a more calculated decision. Hes obviously an extremely talented young man who comes from a great family.

ewing
05-19-2016, 06:55 AM

I disagree, they have penalty of bigs that are limited on O. why do you think he is more special? b/c "they" say so is the only reason I can see. Dude looked like a total malcontent at LSU

IndyRealist
05-19-2016, 07:22 AM
Sixers should draft Simmons. He will be under team control for 7 years.

5 years if he takes the qualifying offer.

warfelg
05-19-2016, 07:27 AM

Actually, that was because Porzigas has the same agent as Noel, and the agents didn't want his clients to be on the same team possibly hurting each others value. Especially with Embiid. It was nothing to do with Porzigas personally, but with the agent looking out for two clients with one move.

DR_1
05-19-2016, 09:32 AM
Agreed. If anyone they should try and move Noel

Hawkeye15
05-19-2016, 09:47 AM
Towns / Simmons / Ingram / Wiggins

you are going to take 2 players over a guy who is like 4th youngest in history to hit his current point total?

I am not saying down the line that might not be the case, but taking 2 guys who have never played a game over Wiggins is a stretch.

Scoots
05-19-2016, 10:09 AM
I disagree, they have penalty of bigs that are limited on O. why do you think he is more special? b/c "they" say so is the only reason I can see. Dude looked like a total malcontent at LSU

They DO have a penalty of bigs. I'm not sure any of the bigs on the roster are good enough to be starters on a title challenging team. LSU is a terrible team and a terrible situation, but no doubt Simmons did not do well there in the end.

Simmons is the first player in 30 years to average 19pts/11rebs/4ast and he did it as a freshman and he's 6'10" and 240lbs. The attitude thing is blown way out of proportion as he's had a sterling reputation up until the LSU team started to fall apart. He needs a better jump shot and FT% (though he's right there with Ingram).

ewing
05-19-2016, 10:14 AM
They DO have a penalty of bigs. I'm not sure any of the bigs on the roster are good enough to be starters on a title challenging team. LSU is a terrible team and a terrible situation, but no doubt Simmons did not do well there in the end.

they might be right but i wouldn't say he is more special b/c "they" say so.

Scoots
05-19-2016, 10:16 AM
they might be right but i wouldn't say he is more special b/c "they" say so.

I'm not saying anything because "they" say so. Simmons is a more special player from what I've seen. Drafting by need made Sam Bowie a Blazer and allowed MJ to be a Bull. This won't be as big a decision because I think Ingram is better relatively than Bowie and Simmons is no MJ ... but a team that passes on Simmons is going to regret it.

ewing
05-19-2016, 10:27 AM
I'm not saying anything because "they" say so. Simmons is a more special player from what I've seen. Drafting by need made Sam Bowie a Blazer and allowed MJ to be a Bull. This won't be as big a decision because I think Ingram is better relatively than Bowie and Simmons is no MJ ... but a team that passes on Simmons is going to regret it.

OK i asked you what have you seen that makes him more special b/c i saw a guy that really wasn't invested and despite being told about his great tools i didn't see a lot of them. How do you think his game translates, what role does he play on the NBA level?

NYCkid12
05-19-2016, 11:21 AM
Shame Hinkie isn't around to see his plan come to fruition, essentially because of some impatient fans and some bad bounces of the lottery balls.

I thought this was an interesting post because most sixers fans I know and/or post on this forum seemed to buy into Hinkie's long term plan. If anyone was impatient, I thought it was fans of other teams and the NBA.

Sixers fans, would you think this is the case?

ewing
05-19-2016, 11:25 AM

if you keep betting big and lose eventually you run out of money.

Scoots
05-19-2016, 11:29 AM
OK i asked you what have you seen that makes him more special b/c i saw a guy that really wasn't invested and despite being told about his great tools i didn't see a lot of them. How do you think his game translates, what role does he play on the NBA level?

Okay, well I've seen him run the floor, handle the ball, pass the ball and rebound and block shots. I've seen passion for the game. As for how it translates? That's a little tougher since there isn't really anybody like him in the NBA so we look at history and we see disappointments like Lamar Odom and Derrick Coleman. But my response to that is people looked at Porzingod and saw Bargnani and a string of promising failures. Simmons can be a better Draymond Green, and if he goes to the Lakers he'll get a chance to do that. To continue that comparison and go with the idea that Simmons can't shoot ... Green shot 2 for 17 from 3 after 2 years at Michigan State so Simmons is already ahead at 33% from 3. Simmons is only 19 years old and hasn't HAD to shoot from the outside yet but there is no reason to think he won't develop. Heck Towns only took 8 3s in college (though his stroke looked better no doubt).

mrblisterdundee
05-19-2016, 01:03 PM
I doesn't matter who you want he was the best player available. So I guess by the way you are talking Saric, Embiid and Noel are just going to come right in and take up so many minutes that Okafor just has to be traded. Your using minutes to justify your argument I just don't see why the Sixers have to do what your assuming they should when they absolutely don't have to. If they deal Okafor and then something happens to Embiid or he can't get on the floor god forbid then what? The Sixers didn't come all this way just to have that happen they need to see what they have before they just start unloading guys like you want. You have an imaginary clock pushing your agenda for the Sixers to rid themselves of Okafor I pray to god they are not thinking the same way you are or this would have all just been for nothing.

Kristaps Porzingis was the best player available after Karl Anthony-Towns, until proven otherwise. He can shoot better and rebound just as well as Jahlil Okafor, while getting significantly more blocks and steels. Philadelphia should have done more to try and get him, even if Nerlens Noel has the same agent.
If Philadelphia had taken Porzingis, there wouldn't even be a real discussion about taking Ben Simmons. Brandon Ingram would be the logical next step in filling out the roster.
I think Noel and Porzingis could have created a good front court for today's NBA. Noel is a defensive ace without a shot. Porzingis has Dirk Nowitzki singing his praises. They'd both get a good amount of blocks and steels, while running the floor quicker than most other front courts. Same with Porzingis and Joel Embiid.
Any way you look at it, Philadelphia should trade Okafor or Noel to get another pick or a younger guard.

Stunner
05-19-2016, 01:10 PM
you are going to take 2 players over a guy who is like 4th youngest in history to hit his current point total?

I am not saying down the line that might not be the case, but taking 2 guys who have never played a game over Wiggins is a stretch.

Why is it a stretch ? If we're comparing prospect and not adding NBA experience this my list could be justified . Wiggins and Ingram are very similar and the fact his Jumpshot is better and he's s good defender I prob take him over the athlete and defender . Plus Ingram coming into the league younger than Wiggins was , won't be 19 till sept 2.

Simmons just seems to do things great things without even trying and I blame him prob not interested in college for his lack of aggression. Idk just my opinion

Wade n Fade
05-19-2016, 01:16 PM
This class sucks, but I wonder if Philly is interested in moving Okafor still? Toronto has to be a dark horse. #9, #27, Powell/Wright, Bebe, Bruno are assets they can look at. It may not as be as enticing as Boston offers, but I do want Okafor in Toronto.

Scoots
05-19-2016, 02:59 PM
This class sucks, but I wonder if Philly is interested in moving Okafor still? Toronto has to be a dark horse. #9, #27, Powell/Wright, Bebe, Bruno are assets they can look at. It may not as be as enticing as Boston offers, but I do want Okafor in Toronto.

I think this class is weak in blue chip prospects after the top 2, but the middle tier is really strong ... though maybe not as strong as last year's.

Aust
05-19-2016, 03:14 PM
The theory around all of phila today is that the number 1 pick all comes down to saric.... They are going to meet with him in June b4 the draft and if he comes over they are going ingram because Simmons/Saric are similar and ingram would fit much better with saric here.... If saric doesnt come over then its simmons but the sixers seems to be leaning simmons and simmons has really close ties to Brown because of how well they know each other.

Isn't it highly likely Saric comes?
Dude no.. I think Simmons is the only one of the two who can be a superstar, but I've fallen for Ingram and want him.

Aust
05-19-2016, 03:22 PM
I think the whole "Simmons wants to be in LA" narrative is overblown. He's not going to pull a Porzingis when dealing with Philly. I think Philly can put him at ease by telling him they don't view him as another asset, that they are going to build around him as their "guy".

IndyRealist
05-19-2016, 03:35 PM
I thought this was an interesting post because most sixers fans I know and/or post on this forum seemed to buy into Hinkie's long term plan. If anyone was impatient, I thought it was fans of other teams and the NBA.

Sixers fans, would you think this is the case?

I didn't mean to imply sixers fans. I meant nba fans in general complaining about how long tanking takes.

IndyRealist
05-19-2016, 03:38 PM

Except everyone knew the cost up front. It's not like he kept saying "next season will be the year...."

Chronz
05-19-2016, 05:13 PM
All 6 of my only friends are Laker fans. They all expected and wanted to buy the Duncan comparison before the pick

Chronz
05-19-2016, 05:19 PM

He can be anyone from that guy who was scared of flying to lamar odom imo.bron is never realistic, different physique. If he ever learns to shoot he could be tmac

Chronz
05-19-2016, 05:29 PM
Kristaps Porzingis was the best player available after Karl Anthony-Towns, until proven otherwise. He can shoot better and rebound just as well as Jahlil Okafor, while getting significantly more blocks and steels. Philadelphia should have done more to try and get him, even if Nerlens Noel has the same agent.
If Philadelphia had taken Porzingis, there wouldn't even be a real discussion about taking Ben Simmons. Brandon Ingram would be the logical next step in filling out the roster.
I think Noel and Porzingis could have created a good front court for today's NBA. Noel is a defensive ace without a shot. Porzingis has Dirk Nowitzki singing his praises. They'd both get a good amount of blocks and steels, while running the floor quicker than most other front courts. Same with Porzingis and Joel Embiid.
Any way you look at it, Philadelphia should trade Okafor or Noel to get another pick or a younger guard.
I try not to cosign cuz it's technically post padding but that **** was too logical

ewing
05-19-2016, 06:16 PM
He can be anyone from that guy who was scared of flying to lamar odom imo.bron is never realistic, different physique. If he ever learns to shoot he could be tmac

i think he is going to be a bust. i'm saying tryus thomas

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-19-2016, 06:24 PM

I see a lot of Blake Griffin in him. Blake developed his outside shot. I think Simmons will too. Philly has a star

Stunner
05-19-2016, 06:39 PM
Ben does dribble on the break like Blake Griffin , he passes like Lebron , and even some young Boris Diaw in him .

I gotta find the video where they compare him to other players

Some think Ben might shooting with his wrong hand as well

http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2016/2/16/10966798/ben-simmons-nba-draft-scouting-report-jump-shot

Here is the who is Ben Simmons video

https://youtu.be/kWuBjwG8PN0

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-19-2016, 06:48 PM
Ben does dribble on the break like Blake Griffin , he passes like Lebron , and even some young Boris Diaw in him .

I gotta find the video where they compare him to other players

Some think Ben might shooting with his wrong hand as well

http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2016/2/16/10966798/ben-simmons-nba-draft-scouting-report-jump-shot

Here is the who is Ben Simmons video

https://youtu.be/kWuBjwG8PN0
Holy crap he's transhanded. He was born with the body of a right-hander but he thinks he is left.

Stunner
05-19-2016, 06:53 PM
Holy crap he's transhanded. He was born with the body of a right-hander but he thinks he is left.

Yea I think he needs to change his shooting hand to right and do everything else left handed . Pull a Tristan Thompson who just changed to righty two or 3 years ago .

I think Bron writes left handed

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-19-2016, 06:57 PM
Yea I think he needs to change his shooting hand to right and do everything else left handed . Pull a Tristan Thompson who just changed to righty two or 3 years ago .

I think Bron writes left handed

I think so too. The highlights of that website you posted shows when he goes to the rim around Defenders he goes to his right hand. It seems to me your natural instinct would be to use your strong hand in circumstances like that. I am quite ambidextrous as well. I throw with my right hand, hit left-handed, kick with my left foot, write with my right hand. I see how it could be confusing. But if I was always getting bad results while doing something with a certain hand, I might think my wires are crossed.

Stunner
05-19-2016, 06:59 PM
Yea I'm sure his shooting coach might advise him to do so and it should be easier for him since he's so gifted with both hands . Just makes him that more dangerous

ewing
05-19-2016, 07:01 PM
yeah i mean he is so good he doesn't even know if he is right or left handed, no wonder he can't shoot :confused:

Stunner
05-19-2016, 07:03 PM
Watch Simmons switch to righty and start shooting like Pau Gasol lmao

Stunner
05-19-2016, 07:27 PM
Ben Simmons - F - Player
Former NBA executive Rex Chapman said that Ben Simmons may have some off the court maturity issues.
''He's a great talent, great passer and knows the game,'' said Chapman. ''But I think if you ask people around LSU, around the league; he's got some immaturity issues... I think there are questions about his ability to be a really good teammate." A recent report stated that the 76ers are currently leaning towards going with Simmons at the No. 1 spot on draft day, although with Dario Saric set to come to the NBA next season, Brandon Ingram may be a better fit for Philly.
Source: The Times Picayune May 19 - 4:52 PM
More Player News

Aust
05-20-2016, 04:57 AM
Imagine if that LA pick was unprotected... my god

Nick O
05-20-2016, 10:31 AM
real question I dont follow college ball much, how deep is this draft?

ewing
05-20-2016, 11:09 AM

not very

Hawkeye15
05-20-2016, 01:10 PM
I mean, LeBron couldn't hit a 15 footer his first 3 years, Simmons has time. Of course he isn't the pile driver LeBron was at 19, but you get my point.

Scoots
05-20-2016, 01:17 PM

At the top there are fewer blue chip prospects than average, overall the "quality NBA player" talent is a little deeper than average I think.

Chronz
05-20-2016, 02:11 PM
Except he still has the cash, it's the casino that booted him.

ewing
05-20-2016, 02:13 PM
I mean, LeBron couldn't hit a 15 footer his first 3 years, Simmons has time. Of course he isn't the pile driver LeBron was at 19, but you get my point.

if you are going to be a ball handler and play maker you have to be able shoot. I don't think his J is broken. he shot close to 70% from the line- so he isn't a straight brick layer- this makes me think he can get better. I do worry a little about him getting to where he needs to go to with the red flags we've seen.

ewing
05-20-2016, 02:14 PM
Except he still has the cash, it's the casino that booted him.

what cash? Nerlene Noel?

Chronz
05-20-2016, 02:16 PM
I see a lot of Blake Griffin in him. Blake developed his outside shot. I think Simmons will too. Philly has a star
Good comp but Blake had a motor like no other for the first few years and really knows how to throw his weight around. I was surprised to hear he was 240, doesn't look that strong tho

Chronz
05-20-2016, 02:21 PM
what cash? Nerlene Noel?
The cash they had promised him when he first explained the process.

As for ur q. He got them a bevvy of pics and lotto talent. Easy to say he's done nothing when we've yet to see the fruits of his labor.

ewing
05-20-2016, 02:29 PM
The cash they had promised him when he first explained the process.

As for ur q. He got them a bevvy of pics and lotto talent. Easy to say he's done nothing when we've yet to see the fruits of his labor.

If they have a bevvy of talent and only won 17 games something is wrong :nod:

Chronz
05-20-2016, 02:34 PM
If they have a bevvy of talent and only won 17 games something is wrong :nod:

Or going exactly as planned. Dude was suppose to be playing with house money

ewing
05-20-2016, 02:38 PM
Or going exactly as planned. Dude was suppose to be playing with house money

****** plan

Corey
05-22-2016, 02:40 PM

Very deep with guys that will be rotational players. Not deep with star power.

Chronz
05-22-2016, 02:49 PM
****** plan
Not based on anything you've said that's for sure.

ewing
05-22-2016, 03:39 PM
Not based on anything you've said that's for sure.

what that the team sucks?

Chronz
05-22-2016, 06:17 PM
what that the team sucks?
It was going to suck regardless so i don't see what you're getting at. They bottomed out instead of pursuing that glorious 10th spot, certain teams are in such a quagmire that they need a complete rehaul. Let me know at which point you disagree with me because they have absolutely taken the right approach and I don't believe his logic was simply to lose until he drafted a star as others have claimed, he got the job because he sold them on more. It has always been about asset building and the flexibility to find and establish a core. Drafts rarely pan out perfectly so it would be stupid to put all your eggs in that basket

D-Leethal
05-22-2016, 09:32 PM
It was going to suck regardless so i don't see what you're getting at. They bottomed out instead of pursuing that glorious 10th spot, certain teams are in such a quagmire that they need a complete rehaul. Let me know at which point you disagree with me because they have absolutely taken the right approach and I don't believe his logic was simply to lose until he drafted a star as others have claimed, he got the job because he sold them on more. It has always been about asset building and the flexibility to find and establish a core. Drafts rarely pan out perfectly so it would be stupid to put all your eggs in that basket

Except instead of putting together a core he has a bunch of guys who play the same position and nobody knows which of them is the keeper. He hasn't tried to put together a "core" one bit. He is still in tank for BPA mode going on the 4th year. They don't have one guy who they know for sure is a core building block yet. The three fruits they have can't play together. That's the exact opposite of establishing a core. A core solidifies different positions and roles and creates something you can build support around. Do you see a speck of that in Philly right now? I see a defensive C, an offensive C, and an injured boom or bust C and you already hear talk about them trading one of them for another draft pick. There is no core building in progress, just tank and pray.

More-Than-Most
05-22-2016, 09:50 PM
Except instead of putting together a core he has a bunch of guys who play the same position and nobody knows which of them is the keeper. He hasn't tried to put together a "core" one bit. He is still in tank for BPA mode going on the 4th year. They don't have one guy who they know for sure is a core building block yet. The three fruits they have can't play together. That's the exact opposite of establishing a core. A core solidifies different positions and roles and creates something you can build support around. Do you see a speck of that in Philly right now? I see a defensive C, an offensive C, and an injured boom or bust C and you already hear talk about them trading one of them for another draft pick. There is no core building in progress, just tank and pray.

Um their core has started with Embiid... That is pretty obvious considering the time they have put in and took best available like they should have... Now we have Noel/Embiid who fit well together with saric and the lakers pick next year our own first this year and 2 back of the pack firsts and maybe the 3rd overall pick if we trade OKA. Embiid with a simmons/ingram is the core.

SeoulBeatz
05-22-2016, 09:57 PM
Um their core has started with Embiid... That is pretty obvious considering the time they have put in and took best available like they should have... Now we have Noel/Embiid who fit well together with saric and the lakers pick next year our own first this year and 2 back of the pack firsts and maybe the 3rd overall pick if we trade OKA. Embiid with a simmons/ingram is the core.

Don't forget the right to swap picks with the kings next year. I didn't even know that was part of the stauskus trade until today. All these little moves that Hinkie made are finally paying dividends, all after he's gone. Shame. The whole crowd was chanting "thank you Hinkie" at the sixers draft party. Real fans know what's up. Trust the process.

D-Leethal
05-22-2016, 10:10 PM

How are Noel and Embiid good fits? I thought Noel and Oka were good fits? Noel and Embiid will have the same issues as those 2 - Noel can't play PF next to a paint C, period.

The Euro who has never played the guys you haven't drafted yet don't make up a core either.

And Simmons-Noel-Embiid - something screens awful fits all around. Smells a little like Josh Smith - Monroe - Drummond just younger.

A core isn't even on the radar right now. It's still asset collecting, tank and pray for the foreseeable future. I do think Colangelo will make some moves with the 3-C glut that is the fruit of Hinkie's labor and will put a few guys together that make sense to grow as a core long term. It will take a lot of wheeling and dealing to get there.

More-Than-Most
05-22-2016, 10:15 PM
How are Noel and Embiid good fits? I thought Noel and Oka were good fits? Noel and Embiid will have the same issues as those 2 - Noel can't play PF next to a paint C, period.

The Euro who has never played the guys you haven't drafted yet don't make up a core either.

And Simmons-Noel-Embiid - something screens awful fits all around. Smells a little like Josh Smith - Monroe - Drummond just younger.

A core isn't even on the radar right now. It's still asset collecting, tank and pray for the foreseeable future. I do think Colangelo will make some moves with the 3-C glut that is the fruit of Hinkie's labor and will put a few guys together that make sense to grow as a core long term. It will take a lot of wheeling and dealing to get there.

Who says Noel even has to play next to Embiid? Can have him as a 6th man and 2nd team center all the same.... He fits better with Embiid than OKA though but Noel has less league value than OKA so its smart to trade OKA and keep noel

5ass
05-22-2016, 10:55 PM
Who says Noel even has to play next to Embiid? Can have him as a 6th man and 2nd team center all the same.... He fits better with Embiid than OKA though but Noel has less league value than OKA so its smart to trade OKA and keep noel

I don't know that its true Noel has less value. I feel like they have pretty similar value, but anyway Noel is going to demand a lot of money next year. Sixers aren't going to pay near max money for him to come off the bench. They might even trade both this season IMO. You can trade one of them in the offseason and the other midseason IF Embiid is looking good. Still, I don't know who they'd trade first. It'll be a tough decision.

Alayla
05-23-2016, 12:04 AM
I don't know that its true Noel has less value. I feel like they have pretty similar value, but anyway Noel is going to demand a lot of money next year. Sixers aren't going to pay near max money for him to come off the bench. They might even trade both this season IMO. You can trade one of them in the offseason and the other midseason IF Embiid is looking good. Still, I don't know who they'd trade first. It'll be a tough decision.

Realistically Noel wont need to worry about coming of the bench since Embiid will need a season or 2 to get used to playing basketball again Noel shouldn't be moved unless Embiid is not only healthy 100% (and that is unfortunately not at all likely)

More-Than-Most
05-23-2016, 12:05 AM

No OKA has far more value and its not close... I didnt say it was right but around the league he has far more value esp in a league where defense always gets pushed on the back burner... Noel is insane defensively whie OKA is gonna be great offensively and is still like 19 all while being under control for a while... Oka will get you a top 4 pick right now... Noel could probably net a top 15 pick but not top 10 or top 5.

Also its well known in like Feb the celtics offered the nets lottery pick for OKA and we turned them down and rightfully so... You dont trade the 3 overall pick for anything less... OKA is a known talent... If you are trading OKA you demand the 3 or the 4 pick plus sweetners or you keep him... This is the part where we as fans overrate prospects to a degree... Oka showed he can play in the NBA and often beat double teams and has showed a ton of promise on the offensive end but he has his faults... Being the number 3 pick himself just a year ago and showing that type of promise equates to more than just the number 3 pick now.

Vinylman
05-23-2016, 09:14 AM

Colangelo isn't in asset accumulation mode anymore ... he will trade a lot of the young guys and probably even some picks for solid vets / borderline all stars....

He confirmed this in an interview yesterday.

D-Leethal
05-23-2016, 09:23 AM
Colangelo isn't in asset accumulation mode anymore ... he will trade a lot of the young guys and probably even some picks for solid vets / borderline all stars....

If Hinkie started that last year he would still have a job but looked primed to stay in step 1 of the rebuild going into year 3/4. Hinkie would have traded Okafor for a lottery pick.

Alayla
05-23-2016, 09:30 AM
If Hinkie started that last year he would still have a job but looked primed to stay in step 1 of the rebuild going into year 3/4. Hinkie would have traded Okafor for a lottery pick.

No Hinkie was reportedly already offered the pick that became #3 along with a package of unnamed players for Okafor and declined.

ewing
05-23-2016, 09:39 AM

If you ignore the players on the team and team's win/loss record and only listen to the guy that was running the franchise it was a smashing success!

PhillyFaninLA
05-23-2016, 10:26 AM

Funny thing is depending on what happens this offseason and if we can get some pieces that can play together, that Kings pick swap next year could be great for us, especially if they trade Cousins

PhillyFaninLA
05-23-2016, 10:28 AM

And we are in much better shape than your team moving forward even if what you say is true....we aren't in that mode anymore and we have the people that built the last really good Suns team, and the people that where instrumental in the creation of the Wizards and Raptors.

Our future looks good for us...who do you think you will take with your first round pick this year?

Tony_Starks
05-23-2016, 10:30 AM
If you ignore the players on the team and team's win/loss record and only listen to the guy that was running the franchise it was smashing success!

Process!!

PhillyFaninLA
05-23-2016, 10:31 AM
Realistically Noel wont need to worry about coming of the bench since Embiid will need a season or 2 to get used to playing basketball again Noel shouldn't be moved unless Embiid is not only healthy 100% (and that is unfortunately not at all likely)

I don't get why people think Embiid can't play PF...I think Noel is a Center and Embiid can play both, if healthy he has the atheleticism and shooting to play either. I think that is why those 2 work. So I don't think it would be a problem in the future. We know both Okafor and Noel are centers, I don't see why based on skill set Embiid can't play PF and C.

PhillyFaninLA
05-23-2016, 10:32 AM

While I don't want to trade him, what do you a guy like Grant is worth?

Vinylman
05-23-2016, 11:58 AM
While I don't want to trade him, what do you a guy like Grant is worth?

not much on his own as he is a pretty bad shooter although he does have some upside... he would be a good piece in a bigger package imo...

mngopher35
05-23-2016, 12:17 PM
I mean one trade (okafor for 3 and Bradley), one fa (batum), and just adding their rookies can give them something like:

Dunn (or Murray), batum, Ingram, saric, Noel
Ish, Bradley, Covington, grant, embiid

This also keeps many future picks to keep building and doesn't use the later ones they have so tons of assets on top of this team seems very reasonable. If you can't see how hinkie set this team up with assets/flexibility like this I think ur crazy. Just wish he woulda been the one to fill out his plan.

Stunner
05-23-2016, 12:17 PM
Too bad that kings pick going to Chicago , no way in hell the philly has a better record than sac lol

warfelg
05-23-2016, 12:38 PM
Too bad that kings pick going to Chicago , no way in hell the philly has a better record than sac lol

It goes to Chicago in 2018.

We still own a 2017 swap and their 2019 pick is now our unprotected.

LivinLakers
05-23-2016, 02:40 PM

Fandom :laugh:

Most, if not all analysts had Russell with a higher upside, but also a lower downside than Okafor. Russell was rated as having the highest potential to be a superstar, but also the highest potential to be a bust of anyone in the draft. Having said that, I can't knock the Sixers at all. They consistently took the best players available. I agree that rhe plan is to trade a couple assets for proven players. I think Teague would fit that bill nicely, but giving up Oak for Teague is probably too much.

warfelg
05-23-2016, 03:18 PM
Most, if not all analysts had Russell with a higher upside, but also a lower downside than Okafor. Russell was rated as having the highest potential to be a superstar, but also the highest potential to be a bust of anyone in the draft. Having said that, I can't knock the Sixers at all. They consistently took the best players available. I agree that rhe plan is to trade a couple assets for proven players. I think Teague would fit that bill nicely, but giving up Oak for Teague is probably too much.

Okafor for Teague is a little much.

I keep mentioning in the Sixers forum that a 3 way for Okafor is most likely. Teams that have the need don't have parts we would like. Teams that have what we like don't have the need.

But- the teams that want him have the parts that interest the teams that has what we want.

Stunner
05-23-2016, 03:19 PM
It goes to Chicago in 2018.

We still own a 2017 swap and their 2019 pick is now our unprotected.

Philly only hope is for the pick end up going in the top 3 and philly pick being 7th . There is no reason to swap other than that.

That being said Philly better hope the Kings don't place outside of the top 10 next year. That was the reason behind my post , there is no chance of the kings having a worse record than philly . I actually like their new coach and if boogie is moved they prob get some real good pieces back that make them more of a team .

warfelg
05-23-2016, 03:31 PM
Philly only hope is for the pick end up going in the top 3 and philly pick being 7th . There is no reason to swap other than that.

That being said Philly better hope the Kings don't place outside of the top 10 next year. That was the reason behind my post , there is no chance of the kings having a worse record than philly . I actually like their new coach and if boogie is moved they prob get some real good pieces back that make them more of a team .

I don't care if we have 5 and they have 4 you swap. Always take the higher pick.

Also I wouldn't be so sure on them improving. Sure they got a better coach but their GM and ownership are still a rudderless ship. And Rondo might not even be back with them.

I'm saying this in the Sixers forum to someone else:
Don't make guaranteed on where team will pick. Especially right now. The draft and FA haven't even happened yet.

Stunner
05-23-2016, 03:37 PM
I don't care if we have 5 and they have 4 you swap. Always take the higher pick.

Also I wouldn't be so sure on them improving. Sure they got a better coach but their GM and ownership are still a rudderless ship. And Rondo might not even be back with them.

I'm saying this in the Sixers forum to someone else:
Don't make guaranteed on where team will pick. Especially right now. The draft and FA haven't even happened yet.

No you aren't understanding me of course if they get a higher pick you swap I'm saying I don't see in anyway that will happen next season lol

Bulls were like 4 wins away from getting that pick this year I think . I wouldn't count them out and yes I don't have faith in Philly sorry , not this soon anyway .

warfelg
05-23-2016, 03:51 PM
No you aren't understanding me of course if they get a higher pick you swap I'm saying I don't see in anyway that will happen next season lol

Bulls were like 4 wins away from getting that pick this year I think . I wouldn't count them out and yes I don't have faith in Philly sorry , not this soon anyway .

Doesn't make the ability to swap a bad thing.

And like I said. FA hasn't happened yet. So many things can happen so I wouldn't say there's no way of it happening.

BTW all I was responding to was:

I was correcting that. Once the Kings ended up keeping their pick this year it meant the 2019 pick was automatically ours and the chance to swap next year still existed.

Stunner
05-23-2016, 04:20 PM
No need to correct it tho , I see the Kings placing outside of top 10 placing them at 11 that's the only reason why I said that . Bulls would get their pick in that case