PDA

View Full Version : Lottery Conspiracy? Mutombo tweets 76ers have won the lottery

JWO35
05-17-2016, 05:00 PM

Something or nothing?

hugepatsfan
05-17-2016, 05:06 PM
Hey Dikembe does Boston get #2?!?!

Hawkeye15
05-17-2016, 05:09 PM
Deke knows how to tweet?

jerellh528
05-17-2016, 05:16 PM
Odd

Rivera
05-17-2016, 05:18 PM
I was one who always thought it was fixed. Then the more I think about it I could draw a conspiracy theory for just about any team with lottery odds past and present

Except the #4 suns this year. I can't draw a conspiracy theory if they won.

Just look at the top 3

76ers - conspiracy already out there when henkie got fired. Remember Adam silver had a hand in it and there is the thank you for getting rid of henkie because the NBA didn't want the thought of 76ers dileberatly tanking games

Lakers - got to keep one of the most premier franchises a float. They need new box office with Kobe retires

Celtics - another one of the nbas most premier franchises. Here's a thank you for rebuilding the right way and not like the 76ers

True Sports Fan
05-17-2016, 05:20 PM
rigggggggged

LakerShow
05-17-2016, 05:24 PM
He knows how to use twitter lol. rigged conspiracies always come up every year. Prob is rigged.

Slug3
05-17-2016, 05:27 PM
I don't even think they do the balls pat till like 30 minutes before its announced so I doubt he knows anything that way. Maybe he's just an idiot and thinks since they hold the #1 chance spot that he thought they got the top pick.

nastynice
05-17-2016, 05:37 PM
lmao, that **** is hilarious if he accidentally ****ed up!!

tbh, I can't read into it too much cuz even if it is rigged, why the hell would mutombo be on the inside?? Even if rigged, I doubt that the players are aware of it and no ones said anything yet.

SensandRaps
05-17-2016, 05:40 PM
im just waiting for the reaction if the 76ers do win the lottery, even though they have the highest odds

Lakers + Giants
05-17-2016, 05:50 PM
I honestly think he knows...

Saddletramp
05-17-2016, 05:57 PM
I don't even think they do the balls pat till like 30 minutes before its announced so I doubt he knows anything that way. Maybe he's just an idiot and thinks since they hold the #1 chance spot that he thought they got the top pick.

Exactly what I thought.

Never been a "rigged" guy but who knows, maybe. No idea why Deke would know about it, though.

basketballkitty
05-17-2016, 05:59 PM
The Lottery draw doesn't even happen til 1/2 hour before the telicast.....Geesh, relax.

Lucky.
05-17-2016, 06:14 PM
Darren Rovell ‏@darrenrovell
For those conspiracy theorists who saw Mutombo congratulating the 76ers on getting #1 pick, ping pong balls haven't even happened yet.

Iron24th
05-17-2016, 06:19 PM
We'll find out quickly if he really knew.

dhopisthename
05-17-2016, 06:21 PM
Mutumbo probably saw that the lottery was close and saw that they 76ers were the #1 odds and just quickly tweeted it out without checking anything at all.

OceanSpray
05-17-2016, 06:34 PM
He's clearly trolling.. the chances of it being rigged is very slim. Don't read into it.

Cal827
05-17-2016, 06:42 PM
All right guys, it's that time of year where we come up with conspiracy theories :D

Philly: As someone said, on top of Mutombo knowing, them getting rid of a guy who was clearly tanking for picks
LA: Marquee Franchise. Also, so they keep their pick.
Boston: Same as LA. But they seem to be that one big player away from contention.
Phoenix: Nobody would expect them to rig it for them.
Minnesota: Paying them back for screwing them in the draft lottery the previous decade with back to back 1sts
Pelicans: Davis needs some help :laugh2:

europagnpilgrim
05-17-2016, 06:42 PM

even if he is wrong the system is still rigged, any village idiot can see that crystal clear

europagnpilgrim
05-17-2016, 06:46 PM
He's clearly trolling.. the chances of it being rigged is very slim. Don't read into it.

you call someone trolling but don't think this system entertainment game isn't rigged? do you believe that rogue ref lied about what he said public? do you think Canseco was lying about ARod not being mentioned initially? I mean c'mon man

OceanSpray
05-17-2016, 06:46 PM
even if he is wrong the system is still rigged, any village idiot can see that crystal clear

It's near impossible to rig it. I suggest you read into how the system works. It's a very diligent process with many team representatives involved. Unless you're suggesting every other team is in with the rigging, then well, don't watch NBA anymore.

OceanSpray
05-17-2016, 06:48 PM
you call someone trolling but don't think this system entertainment game isn't rigged? do you believe that rogue ref lied about what he said public? do you think Canseco was lying about ARod not being mentioned initially? I mean c'mon man

Do you believe that the Lakers are in with the rigging? And the Sixers? and just about every team in the lottery? If so, you shouldn't be in a forum discussing a rigged sport. I don't think it's rigged but I can see why the commoner will. Just read into it. And I didn't call anyone on this forum a troll. I said Dikembe was probably trolling. He's a funny guy, what's the big deal?

europagnpilgrim
05-17-2016, 07:09 PM
It's near impossible to rig it. I suggest you read into how the system works. It's a very diligent process with many team representatives involved. Unless you're suggesting every other team is in with the rigging, then well, don't watch NBA anymore.

miss me with that bs don't watch anymore, you have to study to know what is going on and there is no need to read into a system when it was clear as day the knicks drafted ewing and the so called conspiracy began, it was rigged back then when auerbach could pluck all talent from a certain college region and stack his team, its a reason he tried to convince the most dominant player ever Big Dipper to go to college in his draft region and not Kansas, imagine the rings that Big Dipper would have won

nothing is very diligent when dealing with deceit, its a bunch of mind games which equate to conspiracy theories and other jibberish

goingfor28
05-17-2016, 07:11 PM
It'll be hilarious if Philly wins again

europagnpilgrim
05-17-2016, 07:12 PM
Do you believe that the Lakers are in with the rigging? And the Sixers? and just about every team in the lottery? If so, you shouldn't be in a forum discussing a rigged sport. I don't think it's rigged but I can see why the commoner will. Just read into it. And I didn't call anyone on this forum a troll. I said Dikembe was probably trolling. He's a funny guy, what's the big deal?

I was talking about calling Dikembe a troll since he would be(or is) on the inside more than any one on this forum, so calling troll on someone who has some behind the scenes knowledge would be some what legit and not trolling to me, its all common sense to know some form of rigging/cheating/fixing takes place, whatever word you choose to use doesn't really matter...but to make it seem like it doesn't exist is pretty much saying you are na´ve to the rabbit hole

its not a big deal but I find it such comedy for someone to be called a troll by the same person who doesn't believe this entertainment stage isn't fixed, its called a stage for a reason, go do a performance on one and see if it doesn't fit the ''script''

flea
05-17-2016, 07:20 PM
Haha there are still people that think the NBA lottery isn't rigged.

More-Than-Most
05-17-2016, 07:21 PM
I want the number 2 pick.... I prefer ingram to simmons and if we get the number 1 we will take simmons

urban85disciple
05-17-2016, 07:25 PM

You clearly don't know how a system like this could be rigged. Here's a fact: its been done before with the PA lottery. Look it up.

mia1619
05-17-2016, 07:52 PM
Anyone who is in the room watching the actual lottery is stripped of all communication devices until after the lottery and isn't allowed out of the room. If the sixers win, it isn't rigged, they have the best odds.

OceanSpray
05-17-2016, 08:03 PM
Yup, it's rigged. Tell that to the Ernst and Young employee who literally has to sign his career away. Whatever you guys say!

MTL_123
05-17-2016, 08:09 PM
Lakers 1st Bulls 2nd 76ers 3rd

Aust
05-17-2016, 08:09 PM
:(

Phantom Dreamer
05-17-2016, 09:00 PM
Mutombo is Nostradamus.

KnickNyKnick
05-17-2016, 09:17 PM
mutombo blocks all his contacts.

macc
05-17-2016, 09:36 PM
Haha there are still people that think the NBA lottery isn't rigged.
I think it's hilarious that people actually think it's rigged. Conspiracy theorists crack me up.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

IndyRealist
05-17-2016, 09:46 PM
What it boils down to is, if it is rigged then every NBA owner signs off on it. Your team is in on it. So does it really matter?

PurpleJesus
05-17-2016, 09:48 PM
All right guys, it's that time of year where we come up with conspiracy theories :D

Philly: As someone said, on top of Mutombo knowing, them getting rid of a guy who was clearly tanking for picks
LA: Marquee Franchise. Also, so they keep their pick.
Boston: Same as LA. But they seem to be that one big player away from contention.
Phoenix: Nobody would expect them to rig it for them.
Minnesota: Paying them back for screwing them in the draft lottery the previous decade with back to back 1sts
Pelicans: Davis needs some help :laugh2:

Timberwolves have never had back to back firsts. They had to trade a guy who was considered a superstar at the time, for someone elses #1 pick.

OceanSpray
05-17-2016, 10:46 PM
What it boils down to is, if it is rigged then every NBA owner signs off on it. Your team is in on it. So does it really matter?

They have no clue. They really think it's a bunch of NBA Illuminati's in a room saying "let's help the Sixers."
Sad part is they think it's rigged but still watch the NBA and cheer their team.. what?

europagnpilgrim
05-17-2016, 11:07 PM
They have no clue. They really think it's a bunch of NBA Illuminati's in a room saying "let's help the Sixers."
Sad part is they think it's rigged but still watch the NBA and cheer their team.. what?

The troll Dikembe must of knew something

The nba is what it is, big entertainment business, you sound like the type that believe in WWE, intelligent people know its scripted but still pack the arena, same with the nba

its not sad to watch something as long as you know you are being entertained so you wont be stupidly fanatical about something that don't give a **** about you, that is what the entertainment biz is all about

but I bet you are the type that believes in the NBA cares program, they care nothing about you or your community, but they sure do love your paper/printed(BigFaces) Illuminati dead presidents you spend on their products

Philly is a top 4-5 market and has had some of the most legendary players to play for that org. so of course they would say let's help the Sixers on a pure business level since it is that huge of a market for the nba, if that isn't basic common sense then I don't know what is

sheeps follow, lions lead

OceanSpray
05-17-2016, 11:12 PM
The troll Dikembe must of knew something

The nba is what it is, big entertainment business, you sound like the type that believe in WWE, intelligent people know its scripted but still pack the arena, same with the nba

its not sad to watch something as long as you know you are being entertained so you wont be stupidly fanatical about something that don't give a **** about you, that is what the entertainment biz is all about

but I bet you are the type that believes in the NBA cares program, they care nothing about you or your community, but they sure do love your paper/printed(BigFaces) Illuminati dead presidents you spend on their products

Philly is a top 4-5 market and has had some of the most legendary players to play for that org. so of course they would say let's help the Sixers on a pure business level since it is that huge of a market for the nba, if that isn't basic common sense then I don't know what is

sheeps follow, lions lead

Okay, Mr. Conspiracy theorist.. and Aliens are planning to take over the world and are secretly the FBI. If you think the NBA is rigged, don't watch it and complain about it on an NBA forum. Philly is a top 4-5 market? Even if they were, Lakers are probably the 2nd biggest NBA market.. so why didn't they rig it for the Lakers instead? Your reasoning is flawed. Hell, they would have given the pick to the Knicks and God almighty would have erupted. But you're right.. I'm the guy who watches a sport knowing it's fixed and then gets on an NBA forum complaining that it is fixed. BYE!

europagnpilgrim
05-17-2016, 11:52 PM
Okay, Mr. Conspiracy theorist.. and Aliens are planning to take over the world and are secretly the FBI. If you think the NBA is rigged, don't watch it and complain about it on an NBA forum. Philly is a top 4-5 market? Even if they were, Lakers are probably the 2nd biggest NBA market.. so why didn't they rig it for the Lakers instead? Your reasoning is flawed. Hell, they would have given the pick to the Knicks and God almighty would have erupted. But you're right.. I'm the guy who watches a sport knowing it's fixed and then gets on an NBA forum complaining that it is fixed. BYE!

Okay mr psd cry me a river baby, Lakers went to 3 straight finals from 08-10 and just recently had a big four and almost a CP3 trade that would have them contending to carry over from the 12' season and beyond, Philly went to the finals in 01' what most called a miracle run led by that lil guy who won mvp ,and prior to that the Lakers went to 4 finals in 5 years in early 00's, so that's 7 finals in a decade they went to so they didn't need as much rigging as a Philly who has been doormats basically since 01' ended and prior to that last title was I think 83' season with Dr J/Moses, lakers just hit a rough small bump and will be back because it is big money maker for the nba, past and present, fact

lakers were a 50 win team and some how managed to sign Diesel as free agent and draft Kobe in lottery during that off season and had 4 all stars in 98', they have been built to entertain at max level since the so called Logo went to like 10 finals back in his laker days and now have been(past few seasons) in the top 2-3 for lottery picks to land best prospect since going through all that championship/title contender glory, now if that isn't set/fixed/rigged then I don't know what is

so lakers are treated like the 2nd biggest market with the biggest following probably domestic and international combined, had that CP3 trade not been nixed they would have been contenders and not bottom feeders like they are right now

if I think something is rigged with a rogue ref(and other sources) showing proof I can watch all day and still come on here and speak on it, I don't get caught up like you and the other emo fanaticals on here who try and defend the same people twisting your mind to think something is legit in disguise

Dikembe just proved it was rigged, he said it before the draft and you called him a troll and they got the 1st pick, so if that isn't rigged/set/fixed what in the hell do you call it? is Dikembe a psychic?

you actually believe 300lb men beat each other up for real in the WWE? or do you think its staged/fixed?

you couldn't see that Lebron(or nba) froze himself out of the 11' Finals against Dallas/J Terry defense after torching a way way better team defense against Chicago/Thibs scheme in ECF? you actually think that wasn't a freeze/rigged series?

the knicks are in the biggest $$/media market in entire Americas so them being good or bad would get big headlines regardless, Dolan owns all or most of MSG network/teams etc., Knicks probably are getting punished for getting Ewing, but who cares its NYC, they sell out and generate heavy revenue$$ regardless win or lose

you do know you have to study/watch things to come to an understanding, or do you just accept anything someone tells you without doing those two things I mentioned? c'mon son, like I said if you are that na´ve then you will learn nothing in life

Aliens and the FBI? what do they have in common with the nba? why don't you study the Aliens and FBI and come back and educate me about those two since you believe the nba is not fixed

from my sources the Aliens have already taken over the world and the FBI work for them(breaking news), but I am sure you have that all covered to come and educate me on your spare time

europagnpilgrim
05-18-2016, 12:08 AM
The truth is always a conspiracy theory, why isn't the truth just that, the truth/factual?

I never hear a liar called a conspiracy theorist, he is just a liar/rogue/dishonorable/not trustworthy

BKLYNpigeon
05-18-2016, 01:06 AM
Some people in the back room actually know the results before everyone else does.

believeinNYK
05-18-2016, 01:06 AM
I believe the first few picks are rigged and then the rest r an actual lottery

ewing
05-18-2016, 06:21 AM
Man i was hoping the NBA would take it away from the Sixers after this.

IndyRealist
05-18-2016, 06:38 AM
The truth is always a conspiracy theory, why isn't the truth just that, the truth/factual?

I never hear a liar called a conspiracy theorist, he is just a liar/rogue/dishonorable/not trustworthy

Conspiracy theorists aren't called liars because they think what they're saying is true, so they're not lying they're just wrong. You can be honest and still be wrong. Your logic is unsound.

valade16
05-18-2016, 08:18 AM
I wonder how many coincidences we dismiss before we start to add them all up and wonder if maybe there's some truth to this rigged theory?

Vinylman
05-18-2016, 08:53 AM

People are fundamentally stupid.... the NBA puts up the complete video of the drawings on their site every year... you can go back on YouTube and watch many years of the lotto.

Now, I do believe before the current process that the lottery was pretty easy to rig but now... not a chance

europagnpilgrim
05-18-2016, 09:09 AM
Conspiracy theorists aren't called liars because they think what they're saying is true, so they're not lying they're just wrong. You can be honest and still be wrong. Your logic is unsound.

by those who tend to not agree with the truth/ so called conspiracy, that's who I am speaking about, being honest is pretty much the truth, but (f)actual is the truth, and always gets called a conspiracy because it trumps a false/lie of a story that is presented before hand

my logic is honesty/factual, so of course it is to you unsound

and I never said they are called liars, I said they are called conspiracy theorists/theory, instead of truth tellers/factual

you cant even respond on cue to a basic line so what kind of logic is that?

hugepatsfan
05-18-2016, 09:55 AM
Darren Rovell ‏@darrenrovell
For those conspiracy theorists who saw Mutombo congratulating the 76ers on getting #1 pick, ping pong balls haven't even happened yet.

Isn't the whole point of the conspiracy theory that the lottery doesn't matter and they decide beforehand who will win? So IDK how this tweet disproves anything about conspiracy theories. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but I saw this at work yesterday and thought that it was a dumb tweet. It literally does nothing to disprove the theories.

warfelg
05-18-2016, 10:14 AM
Isn't the whole point of the conspiracy theory that the lottery doesn't matter and they decide beforehand who will win? So IDK how this tweet disproves anything about conspiracy theories. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but I saw this at work yesterday and thought that it was a dumb tweet. It literally does nothing to disprove the theories.

Read Zach Lowe's article on ESPN about the lottery process. Pretty much puts to rest 99.9% of conspiracy theories brought forth.

JWO35
05-18-2016, 10:35 AM
IMO this would've been more worthy to scream "RIGGED" if it wasn't the team with the best odds at winning the lottery. If it was someone like Scottie Pippen tweeting hours before the actual lottery about the Bulls winning even though they had less than a 1% chance of winning would be something to raise an eyebrow at.

The 76ers were the odds on favorite to win at 25%, but that still means it was a 75% chance that some other team ends up picking #1. Mutombo just got lucky IMO...but I'm not on one side or the other in terms of the lottery being rigged, solid cases can be made for both.

IndyRealist
05-18-2016, 10:41 AM
by those who tend to not agree with the truth/ so called conspiracy, that's who I am speaking about, being honest is pretty much the truth, but (f)actual is the truth, and always gets called a conspiracy because it trumps a false/lie of a story that is presented before hand

my logic is honesty/factual, so of course it is to you unsound

and I never said they are called liars, I said they are called conspiracy theorists/theory, instead of truth tellers/factual

you cant even respond on cue to a basic line so what kind of logic is that?

Being honest is not the same as the truth, not at all. That assumes that you are correct, which is not proven. What you said was "I never hear a liar called a conspiracy theorist, he is just a liar/rogue/dishonorable/not trustworthy" and I explained the difference between a liar and a conspiracy theorist. One knows what he is saying is untrue, and other does not.

You have a theory that there is a conspiracy. That makes you a conspiracy theorist. You know who's not a conspiracy theorist? Edward Snowden, because he had tangible evidence of what was going on. Traitor? Sure. But not a conspiracy theorist. You, on the other hand, only have your opinion without any (f)actual evidence. So you are THEORIZING a CONSPIRACY. It is literally the definition.

MassoDio
05-18-2016, 06:06 PM
lol...It's tin foil hat season again....

ClassyAshyLarry
05-18-2016, 06:24 PM
Yeah sure. Dikembe Mutombo was told about the secret draft knowledge. Or maybe... http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/05/dikembe-mutombo-tweet-explanation

What story sounds more believable? And for those of you that believe in this conspiracy let me ask you two questions.

1. WHy would the 76ers tank if they knew they could rig the lotto?
2. Why (of all people) would Dikembe Mutumbo be privy to this information?

If any of you truly believe that this is "proof of a conspiracy theory" then you need to get back to the truther forums you came from lol.

P.S. Lakers fans calling conspiracy is straight up unacceptable, sad, and really mind blowing.

Ariza's Better
05-18-2016, 06:47 PM
I would ask for proof that the lottery is rigged but I know the response I will get;
First they will say there too many coincidences, then give me logic as to why the NBA want 76ers to have the number 1 draft pick (even though you could make a case for every team in the lottery). Finally they scream that I can't accept the truth, call me a sheep and repeat the process.
The same tactic every conspiracy theorist ever uses because that means they don't have to provide actual fact. It's a boring tired argument.

ClassyAshyLarry
05-18-2016, 11:30 PM
Why would the NBA want to rig it for Philly anyways lol? Why not Boston or LA? Two teams that would pull in WAY more money. Philly is a joke franchise. If anything I'd expect the NBA to avoid giving them the 1st pick.