PDA

View Full Version : Who will end up higher on the all-time list- Lebron James or Steph Curry?

RocketLoc80
05-16-2016, 10:52 PM
Explain why?

Raps18-19 Champ
05-16-2016, 11:01 PM
If Curry were to pass Lebron, he'd have to pass Magic. Not sure If I can do that.

HeartOfStarks
05-17-2016, 12:17 AM
Steph is ridiculous but at the same time he's basically been dominating the league for 2 years now.

Lebron has been a dominant player for 10+ years, and is a monster defensively, where Curry is definitely not a monster on that end.

I'd say that's a pretty big gap still. I have Lebron somewhere around 6/7 all time, Steph hasn't even approached my top 15/20 radar yet. He could, it's definitely possible, but he has to dominate for more than 2-3 seasons first (which he may very well do).

ewing
05-17-2016, 12:20 AM
fred astarie or james brown? Better dancer

OceanSpray
05-17-2016, 12:28 AM
This is why many members of PooSportsDaily have quit. The infatuation with "the next big thing" is a joke. LeBron is a proven and established player. I have him as high as top five in my greatest NBA players ever. What has Curry done that remotely equates to LeBron's success? Curry is not even above Dwyane Wade and some idiot said if Curry wins two rings, he would be?.. I saw that thread and immediately thought about grabbing lighter fluid and calling it a night. Here's the reality: Curry is the greatest shooter I have ever seen and probably will ever see. The range on that kid is Godly. But, he is not even close to LeBron's greatness. You know how I know? Because no one hates Curry. The greatest always gets the most hate. Floyd does. Jon Jones does. Tyson did. Ali did. LeBron did and still does. Jordan did. Until he reaches the level of hate that the greatest have suffered, he will never be as great as you guys think he is.

numba1CHANGsta
05-17-2016, 12:29 AM
What does ATLanta have to do with either LeBron or Curry?

More-Than-Most
05-17-2016, 12:32 AM
Lebron is a top 5 player all time.. Curry isnt top 25.... Just stop please.

Wade n Fade
05-17-2016, 12:36 AM
As great as Curry plays, he needs to do it for a longer stretch of time. If Steph does it for like 5 straight years, it's a different conversation. But why do we need to do these comparisons so frequently? LeBron is head and shoulders the better player.

OceanSpray
05-17-2016, 01:03 AM
What does ATLanta have to do with either LeBron or Curry?

ATL is being used as an acronym here. I'll let you decipher that.

naps
05-17-2016, 01:35 AM
Curry needs to continue his dominance around 10 years pretty much being known as the best on the planet while playing poor mans Gary Payton type defense.

lol, please
05-17-2016, 01:43 AM
Curry.

When it's all said and done he will have accomplished more than Lebron, both in rings, and in statistics.

Curry is the more dominant player.

DboneG
05-17-2016, 07:52 AM
LeBron STOP IT!

R. Johnson#3
05-17-2016, 08:55 AM
The NBA forum is the only general sports forum loaded with all the "what if" and "is this old player/team better than this current player/team" threads. It's really funny to read through the threads too because there's absolutely no way to tell who's right and who's wrong. It's essentially just a bunch of people debating things they have no way of proving and calling each other stupid for disagreeing.

Munkeysuit
05-17-2016, 09:15 AM
Higher on the ALL TIME GREATEST list? definitely Lebron, he will have Curry beat in nearly every category except 3 pointers and 3 point percentage. Curry needs to worry about his frail body before he can even think of being on the same level as Lebron James, no disrespect to Steph but the dude kinda gives me the feeling like he can just break something at any time, hopefully he doesn't but it's just my opinion.

MTL_123
05-17-2016, 09:21 AM
the hate for lebron is crazy lol. Yeah lets just forget everything lebron has done up until this point lol

FraziersKnicks
05-17-2016, 09:21 AM
:sigh:

This is why I don't come on the NBA forum much nowadays.

Hawkeye15
05-17-2016, 09:36 AM
LeBron. By Steph's age, he had more accolades, numbers, etc. He also lands top 5 all time for me, and that is asking a lot of Curry.

Do people really live this in the moment?

Saddletramp
05-17-2016, 04:01 PM
This is getting ridiculous.

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-17-2016, 04:10 PM
Lebron

I love watching Curry, but Lebron has done it longer. This matters a lot when talking all time lists. That doesn't minimize what Curry is doing right now. He fully deserves to be the unanimous MVP and he is the best player in the NBA right now. But longevity matters a lot.

Durant vs Curry is a better debate.

LA4life24/8
05-19-2016, 01:58 PM
Yeah wow... people so quickly forget lol

Lebron and it's not as close as people might think. I saw a post on Facebook earlier that showed the state comparisons of each player at Stephs age and it wasn't even close.

Yes bron got to the league quicker so his stats would be better but that's just a small example.

Lebron carried one of the ugliest rosters in history to the nba finals after dismantling one of the all time great defensive teams in the pistons. Curry could not have done that by himself I don't believe.
I love Curry and his game but he doesn't have a great chance at surpassing bron all time.

Scoots
05-19-2016, 02:09 PM

It's not "getting" anything. It's IS ridiculous.

Tony_Starks
05-19-2016, 02:59 PM
Lebron was the man from day 1. Steph had some injury setbacks early.

Hard to say until we see Steph keep dominating the game for a while, back to back mvps and titles would say a lot tho...

Jamiecballer
05-19-2016, 05:05 PM
Can you imagine if lebron played with these warriors omg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Jamiecballer
05-19-2016, 05:48 PM
To the thread question curry would need some sort of run to have any real chance at this. Not impossible but quite unlikely

Sportsguy9695
05-19-2016, 05:56 PM
well we gotta see if Steph can keep this dominace up for more then 2 years. James has been dominating the league for many years now. so steph needs to catch james in the rings catagory and need to dominate the league the way james has for more then just 2 years. do it for five plus like james has

Bostonjorge
05-19-2016, 05:58 PM
I love the whole Curry can't carry a weak team yet we seen Lillard do it. Lowry playing awful just carried his team to a conference finals. Yet Curry is the only player who can't.

GoferKing_
05-19-2016, 07:38 PM
Lebron. Close thread.

Kush McDaniels
05-19-2016, 08:20 PM
I think you can swap Curry with another one of the top 5 pg's in the game, and the Warriors are still favoured to win the title.

You can't swap LeBron with Kawhi, KD, or Paul George and have the Cavs playing the way they are.

Jamiecballer
05-19-2016, 08:29 PM
I love the whole Curry can't carry a weak team yet we seen Lillard do it. Lowry playing awful just carried his team to a conference finals. Yet Curry is the only player who can't.
Lowry got carried as much as he carried. It's just so hard for you to see the game as a team one.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

jerellh528
05-19-2016, 08:54 PM
Too early. Curry would have to do this for 2 more years to catch lebron's major accolades(rings, MVP, fmvp, consensus top player).

europagnpilgrim
05-19-2016, 11:19 PM

Its not that Curry cant carry a weaker type team it will be just the same results as those two you just mentioned and I don't see any threads around here comparing Lillard/Lowry to no Lebron

Lillard is a max 2nd round exit with Aldridge and without, Lowry is in his I think first CF trip as the lead all star type guy after years being in the league and Curry would do the same but wouldn't have a high seed it would be more like how Kobe carried a team in 05' to like 07' or The Answer from 99'-05(minus the 01' Finals trip), getting a 6-8th seed and no MVP's but would garner consideration like Harden did this past season

Curry can carry a weaker team but his percentages would suffer as he would have to work way harder on offense which would result in fatigue(more prone to injuries) and more minutes and his percentages wouldn't look as pretty but he would still be the same shooter naturally, just all his nut huggers would then call him a volume shooter and say well ''he has to shoot a lot because he has no help''

IKnowHoops
05-20-2016, 02:04 AM
This is why many members of PooSportsDaily have quit. The infatuation with "the next big thing" is a joke. LeBron is a proven and established player. I have him as high as top five in my greatest NBA players ever. What has Curry done that remotely equates to LeBron's success? Curry is not even above Dwyane Wade and some idiot said if Curry wins two rings, he would be?.. I saw that thread and immediately thought about grabbing lighter fluid and calling it a night. Here's the reality: Curry is the greatest shooter I have ever seen and probably will ever see. The range on that kid is Godly. But, he is not even close to LeBron's greatness. You know how I know? Because no one hates Curry. The greatest always gets the most hate. Floyd does. Jon Jones does. Tyson did. Ali did. LeBron did and still does. Jordan did. Until he reaches the level of hate that the greatest have suffered, he will never be as great as you guys think he is.

LeBron STOP IT!

:sigh:

This is why I don't come on the NBA forum much nowadays.

Too early. Curry would have to do this for 2 more years to catch lebron's major accolades(rings, MVP, fmvp, consensus top player).

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::l augh:

Oefarmy2005
05-20-2016, 10:32 AM
Seriously, how quickly the new generation of kids forget about the past. Lebron will end his career top 5, heck maybe top 3 of all time. Curry has been dominant for 2 years.

Crackadalic
05-20-2016, 12:34 PM

You should go on the reddit forums. Its like trolls and teenagers there except your flooded with over 500 comments in 10 minutes

t_money25
05-20-2016, 01:18 PM
PSD should start requesting some form of ID for new members. If this thread is a serious question, I seriously question the age and basketball knowledge of the thread starter.

sixer04fan
05-22-2016, 02:17 PM
https://twitter.com/sn_ohio/status/732701259543629825

Yeah...

Kaner
05-22-2016, 03:21 PM
Image is ignoring Lebron's 3 full seasons on Curry we'll see who ages better and whether that extra mileage matters because Curry is in a better position then Lebron ever was for longterm playoff success. Curry's impact has been getting bigger every year from him improving and this season he puts up video game numbers on par with anything somebody else has done for a season and unparalleled efficiency/offense. I think Curry ends up with more championships after tying him this year and if he wins it then we're already looking at one of the most accomplished careers all-time and he'd just be hitting his prime. Health or, possibly competition stepping up, would be the only thing stopping him from at least top 10 all-time and success from there should have him climbing the ladder. Then again if Lebron wins this year almost no chance Curry manages to catch Lebron so it will either be settled or really started up with this years playoffs.

lol, please
05-22-2016, 03:28 PM
The hate for Curry is evidently very real.

I feel like people don't even pay attention to the Warriors at all.

On paper, Lebron's resume is more impressive at this very second because of longevity. But if you doubt in any way that Curry isn't going to blow right by him, and do so quickly, then I just can't debate with you because that would be two very clear stances on opposing sides of the argument that neither one would budge from.

Curry is the best player in the world right now, he will be tomorrow barring injury, and he will go down as a top 10 player all time when it's all said and done.

You can ignore the stats and facts, but if you think you are going to find anything to support that opinion, as the Xzibit meme would say, "good luck with that!".

europagnpilgrim
05-22-2016, 03:51 PM

On paper, Lebron's resume is more impressive at this very second because of longevity. But if you doubt in any way that Curry isn't going to blow right by him, and do so quickly, then I just can't debate with you because that would be two very clear stances on opposing sides of the argument that neither one would budge from.

Curry is the best player in the world right now, he will be tomorrow barring injury, and he will go down as a top 10 player all time when it's all said and done.

You can ignore the stats and facts, but if you think you are going to find anything to support that opinion, as the Xzibit meme would say, "good luck with that!".

thing is Lebron was on his way his first 3 years as being all time top whatever but nobody was even thinking about comparing him to an already top 10 or so legend but we all knew what time it was, from day 1 he was more impressive outside of shooting 3's, that's a fact

Curry has been in the league since 09' and people are putting two seasons into 15 seasons it seems, c'mon now even Nash won back to back MVP's and almost 70 games per year but he didn't win or get to a Finals and had he done he still wouldn't be better than Magic or Oscar or Stockton or Isaih or Earl or The Answer or whoever you want to fill in, Curry can possibly get there but based on two seasons to say he is there or comparing him to a guy going into his 14th season with 4 mvps(and could have been more) is completely ignorant

thing is people say the best two way player is the best or some say the best player on the best team is or some say the most valuable is the best, so take the best players off the team and who would have the better overall record? its the reason why Lebron got a huge boost when he left Cavs first time and they fell completely off the map but the Bulls losing Jordan only tailed off two wins, that matters a lot

Scoots
05-22-2016, 04:24 PM
Why do people care so much for this tripe? Curry can get there, it's not at all likely.

JordansBulls
05-22-2016, 07:46 PM
Can you imagine if lebron played with these warriors omg

Guys on the Warriors would become useless from Lebron holding the ball and dominating it for soo long. Warriors are good because the team is balanced and no one player has the rock all the time.

Jamiecballer
05-22-2016, 08:34 PM
Guys on the Warriors would become useless from Lebron holding the ball and dominating it for soo long. Warriors are good because the team is balanced and no one player has the rock all the time.
If he had a cast like this he wouldn't be holding it all of the time. I feel like history has proven this time and time again. He's a passer first.

More-Than-Most
05-22-2016, 09:28 PM
If he had a cast like this he wouldn't be holding it all of the time. I feel like history has proven this time and time again. He's a passer first.

It has and you are correct. Lebron on this warriors team would be so beyond deadly in place of curry where the cavs would actually wall off quite a bit if you added curry and took James off... Curry is great but James as usual can do everything Curry can do and more and better on both sides of the ball except shoot.

Tony_Starks
05-23-2016, 10:43 AM
It has and you are correct. Lebron on this warriors team would be so beyond deadly in place of curry where the cavs would actually wall off quite a bit if you added curry and took James off... Curry is great but James as usual can do everything Curry can do and more and better on both sides of the ball except shoot.

I like how you just casually said "except shoot" like it's no big deal. Curry may easily go down as the greatest shooter ever. His shooting changes games and makes opportunities for teammates. It led a team to a chip and the best record in history when they were supposedly going to get exposed this year as a fluke.

Slug3
05-23-2016, 01:44 PM

What do you mean by "blow right by him"? Like be the best in the world at a given time? Or career wise he is going to blow by Lebron? I think you can argue that he is the best in the world at the moment, but its going to take a lot to happen to blow past Lebron career wise.

lol, please
05-23-2016, 01:47 PM
What do you mean by "blow right by him"? Like be the best in the world at a given time? Or career wise he is going to blow by Lebron? I think you can argue that he is the best in the world at the moment, but its going to take a lot to happen to blow past Lebron career wise.
Career wise. I think its already unanimously accepted that Curry is the better player

sent from my Note 5 on Tapatalk

mgjohnson7851
05-23-2016, 01:59 PM
Curry is a better shooter and playmaker than LeBron, but LeBron is better in just about every other area...including involving his teammates. LeBron just doesn't have the luxury of being the next big thing anymore.

Slug3
05-23-2016, 02:02 PM
Career wise. I think its already unanimously accepted that Curry is the better player

I think Curry still has a lot of work career wise to get past Lebron. I know you said Curry will end up a top 10 all time player and that very much could be true, but people are already talking about Lebron as a top 5 all time player.

Hawkeye15
05-23-2016, 02:09 PM

are you kidding?

Hawkeye15
05-23-2016, 02:10 PM

if Curry "blows by" LeBron in all time rankings, he only has to contend with MJ, Wilt, and KAJ most likely.

yeahhhhhh

Jamiecballer
05-23-2016, 06:38 PM

Even though you are currently fluffing my team, your posts are such a joke. Unanimous on your floor of the psych ward maybe.

lol, please
05-23-2016, 07:10 PM
Even though you are currently fluffing my team, your posts are such a joke. Unanimous on your floor of the psych ward maybe.

to be fair, how many people really consider Lebron the best player in the league? Right now?

I'm going to make a poll, I know darn well this was discussed ad nauseum last season, and now all of the sudden Curry doesn't show up for a game and all of the sudden it all goes out the window and Lebron is talked about like some unduisputed champion?

Can we even be remotely objective here? What has Lebron done lately to keep that crown?

More-Than-Most
05-23-2016, 07:21 PM
I like how you just casually said "except shoot" like it's no big deal. Curry may easily go down as the greatest shooter ever. His shooting changes games and makes opportunities for teammates. It led a team to a chip and the best record in history when they were supposedly going to get exposed this year as a fluke.

Not casually at all. He is an amazing shooter but again does he have anything else over James? No... It todays NBA its sexy to shoot 3s and curry is the small guy who isnt westy like built and thus the marketing for him is amazing and because of that likability and because people fall in love with the moment we over look things... DEFENSE MATTERS.... Rebounding MATTERS.... What you have around you MATTERS... Hell Lebron might actually even be better at passing... Curry does 1 thing insanely better and its shoot the basketball... Put him on the other teams best player all night and he wont be as good of a shooter because the energy he would use would be insane... Westy/Lebron and durant all have to deal with this but curry never does.

BUT YO... HE CAN SHOOT :shrug:

I am not even saying Lebron has to be the best player in the world... I think Westy could easily be or Durant... I just fell into the hype like everyone else though with curry... If I could take any one player right now id take all 3 of westy/durant/lebron over curry to lead my team because they would do the most with the least.

Tony_Starks
05-24-2016, 11:34 AM
Not casually at all. He is an amazing shooter but again does he have anything else over James? No... It todays NBA its sexy to shoot 3s and curry is the small guy who isnt westy like built and thus the marketing for him is amazing and because of that likability and because people fall in love with the moment we over look things... DEFENSE MATTERS.... Rebounding MATTERS.... What you have around you MATTERS... Hell Lebron might actually even be better at passing... Curry does 1 thing insanely better and its shoot the basketball... Put him on the other teams best player all night and he wont be as good of a shooter because the energy he would use would be insane... Westy/Lebron and durant all have to deal with this but curry never does.

BUT YO... HE CAN SHOOT :shrug:

I am not even saying Lebron has to be the best player in the world... I think Westy could easily be or Durant... I just fell into the hype like everyone else though with curry... If I could take any one player right now id take all 3 of westy/durant/lebron over curry to lead my team because they would do the most with the least.

I think you're missing the point which is Currys insane shooting is winning games and championships. It's not just nice to watch, he's getting results.

If we had a game 7 for the chip I'll gladly let you have the better "all around" player and put my money on the dude that may very well shoot the lights out and put up a 20 point quarter to put the game out of reach any day sir.

Chronz
05-24-2016, 12:01 PM
I think you're missing the point which is Currys insane shooting is winning games and championships. It's not just nice to watch, he's getting results.

If we had a game 7 for the chip I'll gladly let you have the better "all around" player and put my money on the dude that may very well shoot the lights out and put up a 20 point quarter to put the game out of reach any day sir.
I thought you were expecting Bron to outplay Curry again

Vincent
05-24-2016, 12:18 PM
LeBron has played 13 years of dominating basketball, 12 years of playoff basketball, and 6 finals appearances

While it maybe a debate on who the best player in the league is right now while he's making the turn into the back end of his career, there were probably a good 8-10 years where it's not necessarily a debate.

Curry has always been an incredible shooter, but he's only had 4 years of elite offensive production. He will go down as one of the (or THE) greatest shooters of all time, but I would like to see more sustained production (and hopefully health) before I consider him better than LeBron on the all-time list.

xxplayerxx23
05-24-2016, 12:26 PM
Lebron easily.

PhillyFaninLA
05-24-2016, 12:48 PM
Has anyone noticed since Kobe retired we see a bunch of Lebron or Curry (or another player)

We couldn't even make it an entire playoffs without that starting.

PhillyFaninLA
05-24-2016, 01:05 PM
delete - didn't look at the poster until I posted...not worth posting a valid point to that person