PDA

View Full Version : Superstars from 00's vs Superstars from 10's

YAALREADYKNO
05-16-2016, 05:47 PM
Im pretty sure you've all heard T-Mac's comments by now but I was just curious to get your opinions on this one. I think the average player Now is better than the average player 12-13 years ago but I think the early to mid 00's had more legitimate superstars. Do you guys think what T-Mac said has any truth behind it or is he just being salty? lol

YAALREADYKNO
05-16-2016, 05:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybc326ANQdg (where he says the league is watered down with superstars)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq-a38nY6zs (where he tries to back up his statement with Jamaal Crawford there)

YAALREADYKNO
05-16-2016, 05:58 PM
Just some of the top 12 players from each era
2000's
PG-Kidd,Nash
SG-Bryant, Iverson, Allen
SF-Mcgrady, Pierce
PF-Duncan, Dirk, Garnett
C-O'neal, Yao

2010's
PG-Curry, Westbrook, Paul
SG-Thompson, Harden
SF-James, Durant, Leonard
PF-Davis, Griffin, Aldridge
C-Cousins

Toronto Homer
05-16-2016, 06:09 PM
A lot would depend on which generation's rules they had to play by. That would decide it for me.

HandsOnTheWheel
05-16-2016, 06:24 PM
Wade sucks.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
05-16-2016, 11:22 PM
I've thought about this alot myself when I was younger in the early 00's (I'm 26 now) I feel like the stars back than were bigger then they are now. I thought that maybe it's because I'm older and don't get star struck as easily now as I did when I was younger. I'm not sure what team would win a single game or series, but it's interesting to think about all the all-stars from back than compared to now.
These are the all stars from 99/00-09/10

shaq, Kobe, tmac, yao, nash, kidd, ai, allen, francise, marbury, duncan, robinson, carter, hill, mourning, Miller, moutumbo, kg, stockton, malone, rasheed wallace, ben, wallace, sprewell, stackhouse, houston, webber, finley, nowitzki, payton, brand, stojacavic, divatz, mj, antion walker, Paul pierce, j. Oneal, b, davis, marion, big Z, brad miller, j mashburn, cassell, ak47, Magloire, artest/world peace, redd, lbj, wade, areanas, jamison, ginobli, stoudemire, rasheed lewis, bosh, billups, Hamilton, parker, gasol, melo, okur, Josh howard, d howard, j johnson, caron butler, roy, cp3, west, boozer, d. Harris, mo williams, granger, rondo, g. Wallace, rose, horford, lee, d. Williams, durant, randolph, kaman.

Than all stars from 2010-2011 season through this year are
Cp3, durant, kobe, duncan, melo, gasol, d. Williams, ginobli, griffen, nowitzski, westbrook, love, lbj, rose, stoudemire, howard, wade, bosh, rondo, j.johnson, Allen, pierce, garnett, horford, Bynum, parker, m. Gasol, parker, nash, aldridge, iggy, hibbert, deng, harden, lee, randolph, irving, p. Goerge, chandler, noah, holiday, lopez, wall, derozan, milsap, curry, a. Davis, lillard, k. Thompson, DMC, p. Gasol, lowry, korver, teague, Butler, leonard, d. Green, IT2, Drummond.

Looking at both list keeping in mind there are still a few years to make it an even decade for both teams to me it feels like there may be a little more top end talent on the 00-09/10 season but that could also be because alot of those legacies are all ready set in stone that I feel that way, but I would say that if you were to make a 15 man team that the 10/11-current would have more overall skill 1-15.

YAALREADYKNO
05-16-2016, 11:58 PM
I've thought about this alot myself when I was younger in the early 00's (I'm 26 now) I feel like the stars back than were bigger then they are now. I thought that maybe it's because I'm older and don't get star struck as easily now as I did when I was younger. I'm not sure what team would win a single game or series, but it's interesting to think about all the all-stars from back than compared to now.
These are the all stars from 99/00-09/10

shaq, Kobe, tmac, yao, nash, kidd, ai, allen, francise, marbury, duncan, robinson, carter, hill, mourning, Miller, moutumbo, kg, stockton, malone, rasheed wallace, ben, wallace, sprewell, stackhouse, houston, webber, finley, nowitzki, payton, brand, stojacavic, divatz, mj, antion walker, Paul pierce, j. Oneal, b, davis, marion, big Z, brad miller, j mashburn, cassell, ak47, Magloire, artest/world peace, redd, lbj, wade, areanas, jamison, ginobli, stoudemire, rasheed lewis, bosh, billups, Hamilton, parker, gasol, melo, okur, Josh howard, d howard, j johnson, caron butler, roy, cp3, west, boozer, d. Harris, mo williams, granger, rondo, g. Wallace, rose, horford, lee, d. Williams, durant, randolph, kaman.

Than all stars from 2010-2011 season through this year are
Cp3, durant, kobe, duncan, melo, gasol, d. Williams, ginobli, griffen, nowitzski, westbrook, love, lbj, rose, stoudemire, howard, wade, bosh, rondo, j.johnson, Allen, pierce, garnett, horford, Bynum, parker, m. Gasol, parker, nash, aldridge, iggy, hibbert, deng, harden, lee, randolph, irving, p. Goerge, chandler, noah, holiday, lopez, wall, derozan, milsap, curry, a. Davis, lillard, k. Thompson, DMC, p. Gasol, lowry, korver, teague, Butler, leonard, d. Green, IT2, Drummond.

Looking at both list keeping in mind there are still a few years to make it an even decade for both teams to me it feels like there may be a little more top end talent on the 00-09/10 season but that could also be because alot of those legacies are all ready set in stone that I feel that way, but I would say that if you were to make a 15 man team that the 10/11-current would have more overall skill 1-15.

I feel like today's game you have a lot more Allstars than superstars where as back then you had more superstars then Allstars which I think that was what tmac was trying to say

OceanSpray
05-17-2016, 12:54 AM
T-Mac is an idiot and has been saltier than my nuts after gym. He tried to ride the Spurs to a championship and it absolutely was disgraceful. He knew he would be getting zero minutes but still did it. What a loser. Back to the subject, was he right? NO. He's just an idiot. What you are seeing is a boom in talent. Everyone can play basketball now. It wasn't before where one guy had a team and had the opportunity to stat stuff and win awards for single season purposes. Sports is special in a way that you can never lose talent. I don't care what anyone says.. you never LOSE talent in sports. That makes no sense and completely disproves science. The original question varies. What rules are we playing by? Who is coaching? Who is playing in the game? I've been watching basketball for 25 years now. This is by far the most talent I have seen in my decades of watching basketball. Leave it to the salty guy who was contempt with heating the bench seats just so he can have a championship ring to say otherwise.

Jayb587
05-17-2016, 01:13 AM
2000 team would own 2010's team in I a 7 game series no doubt

ROY 2 MVP Braun
05-17-2016, 01:34 AM
I feel like today's game you have a lot more Allstars than superstars where as back then you had more superstars then Allstars which I think that was what tmac was trying to say

Yeah that's what I was trying to get at as well. It seemed like there were more superstars but not as much great talent because if you look at the old all star teams there were always 2/3 guys you think really? How? Where now a days there are a solid 14 to 18 guys that are deserving.

YAALREADYKNO
05-17-2016, 08:33 AM
T-Mac is an idiot and has been saltier than my nuts after gym. He tried to ride the Spurs to a championship and it absolutely was disgraceful. He knew he would be getting zero minutes but still did it. What a loser. Back to the subject, was he right? NO. He's just an idiot. What you are seeing is a boom in talent. Everyone can play basketball now. It wasn't before where one guy had a team and had the opportunity to stat stuff and win awards for single season purposes. Sports is special in a way that you can never lose talent. I don't care what anyone says.. you never LOSE talent in sports. That makes no sense and completely disproves science. The original question varies. What rules are we playing by? Who is coaching? Who is playing in the game? I've been watching basketball for 25 years now. This is by far the most talent I have seen in my decades of watching basketball. Leave it to the salty guy who was contempt with heating the bench seats just so he can have a championship ring to say otherwise.

Lol he said the league was watered down with superstars compared to when he played. If you think about it, Today's game might consist of more Allstars but the 00's were definitely more superstar heavy

YAALREADYKNO
05-17-2016, 08:34 AM
Yeah that's what I was trying to get at as well. It seemed like there were more superstars but not as much great talent because if you look at the old all star teams there were always 2/3 guys you think really? How? Where now a days there are a solid 14 to 18 guys that are deserving.

Other than Roy Hibbert making it twice lol

lavell12
05-17-2016, 08:51 AM
Shaq and Duncan would dominate the 2010s roster.

kdspurman
05-17-2016, 10:29 AM

The Spurs wanted to sign him, so it's not like he was out there begging. They'd just waived Jackson and wanted some kind of insurance. Was he supposed to say no?

Disgraceful is a strong word tbh

OceanSpray
05-17-2016, 10:31 AM
The Spurs wanted to sign him, so it's not like he was out there begging. They'd just waived Jackson and wanted some kind of insurance. Was he supposed to say no?

Disgraceful is a strong word tbh

It is disgraceful because he is a former superstar just trying to win a ring but knowing he would probably have zero effect on whether they won or not. He deserves no respect as a player. I could not imagine a guy of Kobe's caliber going to the Spurs willing to sit in the bench and hope for a championship.

YAALREADYKNO
05-17-2016, 10:49 AM
It is disgraceful because he is a former superstar just trying to win a ring but knowing he would probably have zero effect on whether they won or not. He deserves no respect as a player. I could not imagine a guy of Kobe's caliber going to the Spurs willing to sit in the bench and hope for a championship.

Well that's because it's Kobe lol. Mcgrady was on Kobes level for a few years before his injuries caught up to him

OceanSpray
05-17-2016, 10:54 AM
Well that's because it's Kobe lol. Mcgrady was on Kobes level for a few years before his injuries caught up to him

I don't care who it is, frankly. If you have pride in your game, you would not be contempt with sitting on the bench just for the chance to win a championship. I want to use David West as an example. Yes, he sacrificed big money and talent to play for the Spurs. However, he was useful and could contribute. Tracy McGrady knew he was not capable of contributing and stuck around because he wanted to be called a "champion." It is pathetic.

KnicksorBust
05-17-2016, 11:53 AM
He had to beat out LeBron, Durant, Westbrook, Leonard, Paul. That is not a watered down list.

Goldman
05-17-2016, 11:56 AM
He wasn't referring to the 00's. He was talking about the 90's. steph should not have been unanimous. Lebron, Durant and Westbrook should've all got some votes. (herd culture)

Goldman
05-17-2016, 12:16 PM
Just some of the top 12 players from each era
2000's
PG-Kidd,Nash
SG-Bryant, Iverson, Allen
SF-Mcgrady, Pierce
PF-Duncan, Dirk, Garnett
C-O'neal, Yao

2010's
PG-Curry, Westbrook, Paul
SG-Thompson, Harden
SF-James, Durant, Leonard
PF-Davis, Griffin, Aldridge
C-Cousins

00's would have Prime Wade and Prime James. Also Prime Howard

Although I don't think McGrady was necessarily talking about the 00's. He was talking about the 90's and 00's some.

Lets rank them all
Jordan
Hakeem
Shaq
Malone
Barkley
Robinson
Ewing
Duncan (97-04)
Pippen
Durant
Kobe (99-10)
James (05-now)
Drexler
Curry
Stockton
Wade
Westbrook
Dirk
KG
Webber
Kemp
Payton
Mourning
Kevin Johnson
Irving
Reggie
Parker
Finley
Nash
Kidd
B. Wallace
R. Wallace
Rodman
Howard
Iverson
Stoudamire (05-09)
Pierce
Allen
Gasol
Richmond
Sprewell

This is a loose ranking of the players in order we can all see how there are many more 90's players and the top of the list is dominated by 90's players.

Goldman
05-17-2016, 12:22 PM

Why do you "feel" that way, could you give some examples, compare for us or explain?

TylerSL
05-17-2016, 12:36 PM
Superstars today are better, even if the rules are worse.

Goldman
05-17-2016, 12:45 PM
Superstars today are better, even if the rules are worse.
Better than when? and could you explain.

Chronz
05-17-2016, 12:47 PM
I don't care who it is, frankly. If you have pride in your game, you would not be contempt with sitting on the bench just for the chance to win a championship. I want to use David West as an example. Yes, he sacrificed big money and talent to play for the Spurs. However, he was useful and could contribute. Tracy McGrady knew he was not capable of contributing and stuck around because he wanted to be called a "champion." It is pathetic.
Lol, is he suppose to tell the Spurs no and stay on his couch cuz 1 guy blows it out of proportion? No **** kobe wouldn't do that, hed rather drag down an awful team and prevent them from rebuilding. Some consider that pathetic. I choose the middle ground and not get emotional over subjective ****.

And he actually had a purpose for the Spurs in acting as a stand in for LeBron in practice. That may not be a contribution for you but you never played for an nba team to hold any sway on that particular matter. Small contribution as it may be, it's better than not being on a championship contender and just sitting at home

naps
05-17-2016, 12:53 PM
As long as Dirk is on the roster and Wade is not. Dirk is the GOAT. OP aint salty at all.

OceanSpray
05-17-2016, 12:59 PM
Lol, is he suppose to tell the Spurs no and stay on his couch cuz 1 guy blows it out of proportion? No **** kobe wouldn't do that, hed rather drag down an awful team and prevent them from rebuilding. Some consider that pathetic. I choose the middle ground and not get emotional over subjective ****.

And he actually had a purpose for the Spurs in acting as a stand in for LeBron in practice. That may not be a contribution for you but you never played for an nba team to hold any sway on that particular matter. Small contribution as it may be, it's better than not being on a championship contender and just sitting at home

I'm not doubting that but let's be frank here for a moment. I know you love Tracy but in all honesty, it's not a lie to say he tried to ride the Spurs for a ring here while knowing he would see practically zero playing time. Okay, he's there to act as LeBron? Give me a break... he can do that without being on the team. He just wanted a ring. Nothing wrong with that, plenty of players do that. But not many go out there and make the comments he just did.

Goldman
05-17-2016, 01:03 PM
The Spurs went out of their way to sign McGrady and it was to add athleticism they needed.

ManRam
05-17-2016, 01:10 PM
Yeah...to assume that the Spurs of all teams signed a guy just for the **** of it so he could gain something personally from it is a huge, huge, huge stretch of the imagination.

OceanSpray
05-17-2016, 01:19 PM
Yeah...to assume that the Spurs of all teams signed a guy just for the **** of it so he could gain something personally from it is a huge, huge, huge stretch of the imagination.

I never said that. I don't blame the Spurs for signing him if what they wanted was to imitate LeBron. But what I do have a problem with is some guy saying the league is watered down but made it a point to try and win a ring while knowing he wouldn't play a single minute in the playoffs. That's not what I expect a former superstar to say. There's a huge difference in what you guys are perpetuating.

Goldman
05-17-2016, 01:26 PM
I never said that. I don't blame the Spurs for signing him if what they wanted was to imitate LeBron. But what I do have a problem with is some guy saying the league is watered down but made it a point to try and win a ring while knowing he wouldn't play a single minute in the playoffs. That's not what I expect a former superstar to say. There's a huge difference in what you guys are perpetuating.

Why do you assume he thought he wasn't going to play a single minute in the playoffs? The belief was that he would play against Durant and James some because he was known as a decent defender on them with his length and athletic ability.

Also the reasoning or comparison you're making doesn't make any sense at all. You're comparing apples and oranges

Mcgrady was only about 33 at the time that is still rather young. The Spurs are always known to bring in players like that. They did the same with Glen Robinson when he was retired.

I'm sure they lie to them and say they will play 40 minutes a series.

OceanSpray
05-17-2016, 01:36 PM
Why do you assume he thought he wasn't going to play a single minute in the playoffs? The belief was that he would play against Durant and James some because he was known as a decent defender on them with his length and athletic ability.

Also the reasoning or comparison you're making doesn't make any sense at all. You're comparing apples and oranges

Mcgrady was only about 33 at the time that is still rather young. The Spurs are always known to bring in players like that. They did the same with Glen Robinson when he was retired.

I'm sure they lie to them and say they will play 40 minutes a series.

Okay, I actually watched basketball during that time. McGrady went overseas to China (#1 sign of retiring NBA players). He went to the Hawks and stunk it up against the Celtics. Did you really think McGrady was going to get any minutes? He was 33 on paper but around 39 on health. There was no way McGrady would have a chance guarding LeBron.. He couldn't do it at his prime and he sure as hell can't do it that season. Plus, I'd like to believe that Pop would put Kawhi on LeBron, don't you think?

And that's my point, you essentially answered and proved my argument: "I'm sure they lied to them and said he would play 40 minutes."

Yes, Tracy McGrady gave in to a chance of winning the championship (something that still bugs him today. He tried to playfully ask Robert Horry for his ring(s)). Either he's an idiot or he really thought the Spurs were going to play him against LeBron. Either way, he's an idiot. Saying the league is watered down but then trying to make an attempt to freeload a ring as a former NBA top five player just shows how silly it is. That is all I am saying. As respected as Pop is, he would be fired for ever putting Tracy McGrady against LeBron.

OceanSpray
05-17-2016, 02:17 PM
So you're trying to say that if an older player signed with a playoff team to be a bench player then he should have no opinion? So you don't believe in Freedom of speech? I guess you don't think Amare Stoudamire should have an opinion either because he signed with your team and only played like 40 minutes in the playoffs.

I have freedom of speech. So does Donald Trump. Is Donald Trump saying idiotic things? Tracy McGrady is saying idiotic things as well. To say that Curry being an unanimous MVP means the league is watered down based off what, exactly? Curry would have been unanimous in many of the seasons that we saw previously. He won freaking 73 games with 400 three pointers made. There is no question he deserved that. What I'm trying to say is what I have been saying the last few posts. Tracy McGrady says the league is watered down but just a few years ago, he ran off to China. He tried to join the Spurs in the hopes of winning a championship despite knowing he would get more playing time for any other team. That shows me that Tracy McGrady is just an idiot who needs to reevaluate what he has done with what he is saying. Tracy McGrady is falling victim to the "I'm not playing in this generation of basketball so it sucks and is not as good as when I was playing."
It's nothing more than an ego booster for him. Really, he has no tangible evidence that the league is watered down. Ask him and he won't have a legitimate reason.

Chronz
05-17-2016, 03:01 PM
Spurs wanted tmac because he knew his place in his career. He wasn't going to be anything but a good soldier in that situation. Don't know what this has to do with having an opinion

modsallow3only
05-17-2016, 03:02 PM
Curry shouldn't have been unanimous that is all he and many others are saying. Many other good players in the NBA and a sneaky way of getting back at the league is to just say well since the league doesn't think there is another MVP worthy player to get some votes then the league is not as good. So this is smart by McGrady to do this and say it this way. Really McGrady knows there are pretty good players like Durant, James, Green, Westbrook and others, but he's saying the league should acknowledge them or the casual fan won't.

OceanSpray
05-17-2016, 03:12 PM
Curry shouldn't have been unanimous that is all he and many others are saying. Many other good players in the NBA and a sneaky way of getting back at the league is to just say well since the league doesn't think there is another MVP worthy player to get some votes then the league is not as good. So this is smart by McGrady to do this and say it this way. Really McGrady knows there are pretty good players like Durant, James, Green, Westbrook and others, but he's saying the league should acknowledge them or the casual fan won't.

What the hell is this garbage? Look, he won 73 games, 400 threes, and no other player came close in terms of achieving any of that. He destroyed the barometer while playing relatively few minutes and sitting out fourth quarters. The fact is, Curry is the MVP because the MVP criteria is set the way it is. He should have just said he thought there were other more valuable players than Curry but instead, he chose to say that the league is watered down because Curry is the unanimous MVP? Tracy McGrady would have gotten the unanimous MVP too if he were that good.

modsallow3only
05-17-2016, 03:22 PM
What the hell is this garbage? Look, he won 73 games, 400 threes, and no other player came close in terms of achieving any of that. He destroyed the barometer while playing relatively few minutes and sitting out fourth quarters. The fact is, Curry is the MVP because the MVP criteria is set the way it is. He should have just said he thought there were other more valuable players than Curry but instead, he chose to say that the league is watered down because Curry is the unanimous MVP? Tracy McGrady would have gotten the unanimous MVP too if he were that good.

unamimous just means they don't have their own opinion. They are twinkies.

There should never be a unanimous MVP EVER in any sport. Wilt Averaged 50 ppg and 25 rebounds and didn't win unamimously.

There is always an answer to curry. Leonards defense is too much for him and if Westbrook tries to play defense he is way too much for curry. Green and his defense is the only reason the Warriors are great. Green is the entire defense and rebounding on that team. Also all the leadership and passing. Then when you need him he gets you 25 points.

James turned a cavs team around that has a new coach.

Durant is still putting up 28/ 8 / 5/ 1 steal and 1 block. How does that not get a vote.

I think the league should celebrate the variety in the league and stop having the media pick the MVP after two weeks of the season and like it's final then.

YAALREADYKNO
05-17-2016, 03:43 PM
How tf did this turn into a trump debate?

WaDe03
05-17-2016, 03:55 PM
2000s would **** on them honestly. Are Wade, LeBron, Melo, CP3 not considered 2000s? You could make much better teams with these players.

YAALREADYKNO
05-17-2016, 03:59 PM
Why do you "feel" that way, could you give some examples, compare for us or explain?

You had more superstars spread out throughout the league. Just my opinion

YAALREADYKNO
05-17-2016, 04:42 PM
2000s would **** on them honestly. Are Wade, LeBron, Melo, CP3 not considered 2000s? You could make much better teams with these players.

Yeah you could add them but I was trying to even it out lol

mrblisterdundee
05-17-2016, 06:22 PM
Today's NBA leans more toward team play than in the 2000s. There are a lot of players today that could be bigger stars in the right situation. But that doesn't necessarily mean they'd be in a better position to win, which should be the goal of any self-respecting professional.

OceanSpray
05-17-2016, 06:54 PM
unamimous just means they don't have their own opinion. They are twinkies.

There should never be a unanimous MVP EVER in any sport. Wilt Averaged 50 ppg and 25 rebounds and didn't win unamimously.

There is always an answer to curry. Leonards defense is too much for him and if Westbrook tries to play defense he is way too much for curry. Green and his defense is the only reason the Warriors are great. Green is the entire defense and rebounding on that team. Also all the leadership and passing. Then when you need him he gets you 25 points.

James turned a cavs team around that has a new coach.

Durant is still putting up 28/ 8 / 5/ 1 steal and 1 block. How does that not get a vote.

I think the league should celebrate the variety in the league and stop having the media pick the MVP after two weeks of the season and like it's final then.

Because LISTEN. 130 people all felt Curry had the best season. That's not a terrible thing to say. He really did have the best season. Actually, you can argue that statistically, he had the greatest season ever. So what are we looking at here? Kevin Durant and his OKC team winning 56 games? Comparing that to someone who led his team to 73 wins? The only closest player is Kawhi and I'm sorry but Kawhi did not have even close to the season Curry had. There's no point in discussing this. It's unanimous because he really did have the best season. LeBron should have been unanimous in 2013 too so it's not as if this is news.

MTar786
05-18-2016, 02:06 AM
the 00's should have
shaq
kobe
duncan
kg
lebron
wade
tmac
iverson
kidd
dirk
nash
webber
pierce
allen
carter

10's
durant
curry
westbrook
leonard
davis
harden
klay
etc

i think if you are drafter form like 07 or 08 you can qualify for 10's but no sooner. but if you must then guys like lebron and wade should be on both lists

I think the 00's dominates the 10's

mrblisterdundee
05-18-2016, 02:45 AM
the 00's should have
shaq
kobe
duncan
kg
lebron
wade
tmac
iverson
kidd
dirk
nash
webber
pierce
allen
carter

10's
durant
curry
westbrook
leonard
davis
harden
klay
etc

i think if you are drafter form like 07 or 08 you can qualify for 10's but no sooner. but if you must then guys like lebron and wade should be on both lists

I think the 00's dominates the 10's

Based on your apparent rule disqualifying someone from the next decade if they were drafted before the seventh year of the prior decade you should take Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O'Neal, Steve Nash, Kevin Garnett, Jason Kidd and Chris Webber of your first list.
Considering LeBron James won two of his MVPs and both of his championships in the 2010s, I would say he needs to be on both lists, as should Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. Also add guys like Chris Paul and Dwight Howard to that transitional list.
As for your 2010s list, you're leaving off a lot of superstars and superstars in the making such as Damian Lillard, DeMarcus Cousins, Draymond Green, Blake Griffin, Karl Anthony-Towns, Andrew Wiggins, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Paul George, Jimmy Butler, Derrick Rose, Kyrie Irving, Andre Drummond and Kristaps Porzingis. I'm sure there are some that I missed.

YAALREADYKNO
05-18-2016, 10:56 AM
Based on your apparent rule disqualifying someone from the next decade if they were drafted before the seventh year of the prior decade you should take Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O'Neal, Steve Nash, Kevin Garnett, Jason Kidd and Chris Webber of your first list.
Considering LeBron James won two of his MVPs and both of his championships in the 2010s, I would say he needs to be on both lists, as should Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. Also add guys like Chris Paul and Dwight Howard to that transitional list.
As for your 2010s list, you're leaving off a lot of superstars and superstars in the making such as Damian Lillard, DeMarcus Cousins, Draymond Green, Blake Griffin, Karl Anthony-Towns, Andrew Wiggins, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Paul George, Jimmy Butler, Derrick Rose, Kyrie Irving, Andre Drummond and Kristaps Porzingis. I'm sure there are some that I missed.

Porzingas a Superstar?

KnicksorBust
05-18-2016, 11:46 AM

Thank you for saving me the trouble. Comparing decades is too fluid and subjective. Shaq is 90s and 00s. LeBron is 00s and 10s. etc.

mrblisterdundee
05-18-2016, 12:33 PM
Porzingas a Superstar?

He was pretty damn good for a rookie, can shoot from anywhere and is showing some defensive prowess too. So yeah; I'm guessing he'll develop into a superstar, the one New York has been waiting for so long.

YAALREADYKNO
05-18-2016, 04:41 PM
He was pretty damn good for a rookie, can shoot from anywhere and is showing some defensive prowess too. So yeah; I'm guessing he'll develop into a superstar, the one New York has been waiting for so long.

He could become a superstar one day but a lot of things can happen. Too early to say a lot of those guys you named are superstars in this era already

YAALREADYKNO
05-18-2016, 04:41 PM
Thank you for saving me the trouble. Comparing decades is too fluid and subjective. Shaq is 90s and 00s. LeBron is 00s and 10s. etc.

Ok then let's just go from 00-06 and 10-16

JasonJohnHorn
05-21-2016, 01:41 AM
The 00's would have it because they have the best of that era, and most of the best of this era. LBJ. KD. CP3. Plus you throw in prime Duncan, Shaq, Kobe, T-Mac, Kidd, Nash, Allen, Garnett, Dirk. Deron Williams when he was awesome. Wade.

Just too much.

Yes, Curry and Klay are awesome.... and KD and LBJ are GOAT calibre talents, but the 00's would slaughter and 10's team.

I'd don't think the average player from any era since the 80's is better than the average player from any other era in that time; the rules are just different

The players today are better 3-pt shooters because the game has shifted. But you take out the back-to-the-basket rule and bring back hand checking, and those 3-pt shooters will struggle.

Players and coaches adapt to the rules.

T-Mac doesn't know what he's talking about.

HandsOnTheWheel
05-21-2016, 02:03 AM
How is Wade being perceived like he's an afterthought of that era? CP3 as one of the faces of that era? Alright.