PDA

View Full Version : What's Next for the Miami Heat?

Wade n Fade
05-15-2016, 07:32 PM
As some of you know, I did this type of topic for the Spurs. Let's talk about Miami in this one. Miami, one of the most polarizing franchises in NBA history. Whether you love them or hate them, the Heat are a provocative team. So let's talk about different scenarios:

1. Whiteside resigns. If Riley somehow manages to convince Whiteside to take less than the max, resign Wade to a Spurs type of contract (think ala Duncan), gets a healthy Bosh back, what's next? Trade Dragic? Try to get a Jeff Teague (cap friendlier move with $8 mill one season)? Try to convince a Durant to take less money? In other words, a 2010 type of swoop?

2. Bosh retires or isn't the same. As much as I love Bosh, I am fearful for his future. I don't want the man to die, so I can come to terms with an earlier than anticipated retirement. The league said that it will take awhile to get cap relief from the Bosh deal. What does Miami do then?

3. Whiteside walks. So what does Miami do? Use the potential space it has to go after Al Horford? Or does Miami sell the farm to land a Demarcus Cousins or Paul George?

4. LeBron returns. Let's assume, the least likely scenario here, the Big Three back together. What do they do? Try to keep one of Whiteside/Dragic and surround the team with young pieces and veterans?

5. Other type of scenario, where you can see something realistic that you want to share?

DboneG
05-15-2016, 08:16 PM
1.) Get rid of Spo.
They should have fired him when Bron Bron was there. Coaches are getting fired for a whole lot less. Why do Miami have Udonis Haslem for the whole season?! Was he hurt?! He had a whole season to heal, because he didn't play...the playoffs come alone, he still don't play. lol Whiteside gets hurt, Haslem still don't play. Was Dang hurt? Because, his play wasn't good. Spo should have put Justise Winslow in that spot. Justise Winslow at the center position? He got killed! What was wrong with Amare Stoudemire? He's a vet, this is the reason why you have him, when players go down. He didn't play much during the regular season. He didn't play much during the playoffs. WHY SPO!! Why not intentionally foul Bismack Biyombo EARLY in the game! SMH Spo allowed this guy to get his game off and become a factor in the game. Eric Spoelstra suck!

2.) Re-sign Whietside. A must. (I don't think it will happen)

3.) Get a 3pt shooter to spread the floor. Wade can't shoot 3's, Dragic isn't that good at shooting 3's, but, he'll get better.

4.) Bosh situation. The Heat can't go into another year with Bosh playing 1/2 a season then sitting.

Joakim Noah would be nice if they can't sign Whiteside.

WaDe03
05-15-2016, 08:33 PM
We finally have an offseason where Wade goes into it saying he will work on his 3 point shot. After 13 long years of waiting he has finally decided. Thank god!

This is Riley's job to figure out how to get these things to work but in my opinion we need to go after Durant/LeBron/Batum in that order. Batum would be a nice fit with this team at the 3. Perfect for the position in my opinion. Bring Joe back off the bench using the exception. If we strike out on those 3 or even if not we should look on getting in the PG/Butler/Cousins rumors and see if we can get any of them. We have good trade assets I believe in Dragic/Winslow/Richardson or a Whiteside S&T but like I said its up to Riley to work these things out I'm just shooting ideas.

MagicBucsSox
05-15-2016, 08:42 PM
I thought Spoestra and Wade were so great? They didn't need LeBron remember. Since Bron left he's been to 2 finals(including this year) and Miami was in the lottery and game 7 no calls vs the damn bobcats and losing to a Raptor team lol.
I wonder what changed in Miami?

IndyRealist
05-15-2016, 08:47 PM
Not trying to make this about my team, but what PG rumors are there? Unless you heard something I haven't, there's zero chance he's available. Cousins yeah, Butler yeah, but George?

Sorry but Miami has no trade assets Indiana needs.

Scoots
05-15-2016, 09:00 PM
Totally not the point, but "resign" means quit. So shouldn't "re-sign" mean to sign again with the same team?

To me the Heat are where the Lakers were 4 years ago. Keep hanging on to the glory days and the fall will hurt more or focus on the next generation.

CousinsEvansDUO
05-15-2016, 09:28 PM
Unless you're giving us Kevin durant demarcus cousins isn't going anywhere but sacramento

JasonJohnHorn
05-15-2016, 09:37 PM
Lots of speculation by the OP.

I was under the impression Wade took a one-year deal to re-up at a large rate this year, not give a further discount to the Heat. He seemed distraught (judging from reports) about the stalled contract talks last season. If the Heat don't pay him, I don't expect him to stick around. If he plays for a discount, I expect it will be on a strong contender.

As for Whiteside, he's going to command a huge contract. Somebody will give it to him. The question whether the Heat think he is worth it. I'm not sure he is, despite how impressive some of his stats are.

The Bosh situation is precarious. I respect how the Heat have handled this, putting the player's health above winning.

Lots of moving pieces here. If Bosh retires and keeps his money but the Heat get it taken off the books due to his health, that gives them some cap space. They can use it to sign Howard? Or any number of players. I don't think they have a shot at KD. I think keeping Wade and getting Howard would put this team in a good spot. Wade shares the ball, so Howard would likely be satiated with enough touches, and he also keeps his body in the kind of shape Riley wants his players in (say what you will about Howard, but that guy hits the gym hard).

They have to wait on Bosh and Whiteside before deciding anything. If Bosh isn't coming back, and Whiteside leaves, I doubt Wade is going to be interested in staying unless they can bring in two guys (Howard and KD for example). Otherwise, Wade will likely look to finish things up somewhere where he has a shot to win.

To early to tell what is next for them.

mrblisterdundee
05-15-2016, 09:37 PM
Chris Bosh seems likely to play next season. That's the biggest offseason acquisition for the Heat.
Miami needs to get Dwyane Wade signed to a smaller deal. Hassan Whiteside is probably getting the max, if not from Miami then from somewhere else, so they need to make room. If Wade won't take a pay cut for old age, let him go find a contender to play for, maybe San Antonio or Cleveland. Get Younger.
Justice Winslow will do good with some more playing time, as will Tyler Johnson, who the Heat also need to re-sign. If the Heat want to keep Whiteside and Wade, I don't see them being able to nab any marquee small forwards.
How Chris Bosh plays next season is the most critical question. If he's back and doing good, and they still have Wade and Whiteside, Miami is in great condition. If Wade isn't around any more, that should make them think about trying to build Bosh's stock up and trying to trade him for more young assets.

basketballkitty
05-15-2016, 09:52 PM
Re-signing Whiteside won't happen unless the Heat totally renounce Wade and Deng. Cause with their Cap holds, Miami won't have near the money. Remember, Wade counts 25 million on next years team Cap people...just because his contract is up doesn't matter. So Miami has very little flexibility.

WaDe03
05-15-2016, 10:04 PM
I thought Spoestra and Wade were so great? They didn't need LeBron remember. Since Bron left he's been to 2 finals(including this year) and Miami was in the lottery and game 7 no calls vs the damn bobcats and losing to a Raptor team lol.

Wade is great, top 20 all time. This is a stupid post. No Whiteside and no Bosh, so 2 of our top 3 players were out. What do you expect? They fought all they could and pushed the 2nd seed to a game 7 in the 2nd round regardless of injuries. I'll take that.

WaDe03
05-15-2016, 10:07 PM
Not trying to make this about my team, but what PG rumors are there? Unless you heard something I haven't, there's zero chance he's available. Cousins yeah, Butler yeah, but George?

Winslow and/or Richardson would be pretty cool in your alls team with the young guys Turner and Joe Young. I didn't mean this as in you all are for sure looking to trade him but I've just seen some rumors about the Lakers offering their pick for him. If that's the case and the Pacers think about it, which is probably unlikely, we should jump in and see if we can work something out. Butler may be more realistic considering the rumors of him beefing with ownership.

WaDe03
05-15-2016, 10:09 PM
Chris Bosh seems likely to play next season. That's the biggest offseason acquisition for the Heat.
Miami needs to get Dwyane Wade signed to a smaller deal. Hassan Whiteside is probably getting the max, if not from Miami then from somewhere else, so they need to make room. If Wade won't take a pay cut for old age, let him go find a contender to play for, maybe San Antonio or Cleveland. Get Younger.
Justice Winslow will do good with some more playing time, as will Tyler Johnson, who the Heat also need to re-sign. If the Heat want to keep Whiteside and Wade, I don't see them being able to nab any marquee small forwards.
How Chris Bosh plays next season is the most critical question. If he's back and doing good, and they still have Wade and Whiteside, Miami is in great condition. If Wade isn't around any more, that should make them think about trying to build Bosh's stock up and trying to trade him for more young assets.

Whiteside to the Blazers would be interesting I think with your guys cap space. I think yall could use a big man like that. Plumlee is decent but I was pretty disappointed in his play in the playoffs. Was hoping you guys would push the Warriors a little longer because Lillard is my 2nd favorite player and fun as hell to watch.

WaDe03
05-15-2016, 10:10 PM
Unless you're giving us Kevin durant demarcus cousins isn't going anywhere but sacramento

Well give you Curry for him.

Kush McDaniels
05-15-2016, 10:27 PM
the Heat are in kind of a similar position that the Raptors are in this postseason. Do you resign your guys and maybe achieve similar results as this year? Signing a big name free agent (extremely unlikely) is really the only hope of being a true contender.

WaDe03
05-15-2016, 10:30 PM
I think McRoberts will be trade and there will be speculation of a Dragic trade all to clear cap space.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-15-2016, 11:05 PM
Three more years of being a second round exit unless they blow the whole thing up or somehow get lucky in FA.

Wade n Fade
05-15-2016, 11:10 PM

Indy has needs across their entire roster. I am referring to the Lakers sending a possible offer for PG with a top 3 pick and the Bill Simmons stuff.

Indy has no idea what it's doing, so trading its best player and firing Larry Bird would make sense if they don't know how to build around PG.

Miami can offer Whiteside (C, which you guys need since Turner can spread the floor next to a bona-fide power big), Justise Winslow (gives you a chance to get a Kawhi Leonard type of player if developed properly), Goran Dragic at a decent rate for the salary cap upgrade because Indy has no decent PGs, Josh Richardson, Tyler Johnson, and then McBob for a filler roster spot.

Wade n Fade
05-15-2016, 11:12 PM
Three more years of being a second round exit unless they blow the whole thing up or somehow get lucky in FA.

Kinda like how Ainge fleeced the Nets into taking KG and PP?

archdevil84
05-15-2016, 11:12 PM
its gonna depend largely on how our rooks and players develop this offseason aswell. look at the facts that are present these playoffs. miami lacked scoring, 3 point shooting but mainly just consisteny. thats what they've been lacking all season. If the young players (looking at winslow, TJ and Jrich) can develop their offense to be more steady, they have a great future ahead. Bring back wade, bosh and deng. I'm okay with dragic staying tbh, think he can prove he's worth the contract. Sign a good defensive rebounding center backup (someone like omer asik or something) and find another wing 3 point shooter. dragic, wade, winslow, deng, bosh, with tyler johnson josh richardson, a backup defensive center and some role players (dorrel wright, possibly give mcbob one last chance) we could be contending for the east imo

IndyRealist
05-15-2016, 11:14 PM
Winslow and/or Richardson would be pretty cool in your alls team with the young guys Turner and Joe Young. I didn't mean this as in you all are for sure looking to trade him but I've just seen some rumors about the Lakers offering their pick for him. If that's the case and the Pacers think about it, which is probably unlikely, we should jump in and see if we can work something out. Butler may be more realistic considering the rumors of him beefing with ownership.

Ah. Indiana gets offers (specifically from the Lakers) for Paul George every offseason. There's never been a hint that Bird doesn't just laugh and hang up.

greg_ory_2005
05-15-2016, 11:23 PM
Firstly assess the health of Bosh. Also Whiteside as well. They have a few nice young pieces that got a lot of experience this year. Wade can still play at a fairly high level. The health of Bosh is most important though. I honestly don't think they'll get back Hassan, I'm assuming he gets max or near it. But if they do, that'll be great for them

IndyRealist
05-15-2016, 11:24 PM
Indy has needs across their entire roster. I am referring to the Lakers sending a possible offer for PG with a top 3 pick and the Bill Simmons stuff.

Indy has no idea what it's doing, so trading its best player and firing Larry Bird would make sense if they don't know how to build around PG.

Miami can offer Whiteside (C, which you guys need since Turner can spread the floor next to a bona-fide power big), Justise Winslow (gives you a chance to get a Kawhi Leonard type of player if developed properly), Goran Dragic at a decent rate for the salary cap upgrade because Indy has no decent PGs, Josh Richardson, Tyler Johnson, and then McBob for a filler roster spot.

Don't read/listen to Simmons, probably why I haven't heard. The Lakers have to send more than a pick to land a player who is top 5 at his position, and they don't have the assets. They're banking on cap space to land free agents, not building tradeable assets.

The reason Vogel was let go was that he could not implement the up tempo, Warriors-style offense the front office wants. Whiteside is the opposite direction, and a free agent. Everyone has cap space and Indy could just sign him outright if they wanted. As far as the point, we are overloaded with George Hill, Monta Ellis, Rodney Stuckey, and Joe Young all on long deals. While Dragic might be an upgrade, unless you're taking back Ellis or Stuckey it's a no go. Besides, George Hill is the reason Kyle Lowry had such a miserable playoff series. Lowry admitted so. If you don't think he's a decent PG I dunno what to tell you.

But I got my answer on why people think Paul George is available, so I'll drop out of the convo now.

Wade n Fade
05-15-2016, 11:26 PM
Ah. Indiana gets offers (specifically from the Lakers) for Paul George every offseason. There's never been a hint that Bird doesn't just laugh and hang up.

But this time, it makes sense to part ways with PG because Indy has shown that it needs a complete rebuild and Paul George is an asset they cannot build around. Why would they sign Monta Ellis to go with Rodney Stuckey and George Hill in a backcourt? Why didn't Indy let go of Roy Hibbert earlier? What was the point of the Evan Turner trade? Instead of having a solid HC in Indy, Nate McMillan is the new HC because Bird doesn't know what he is doing these days. The days of JO being an all-star are long gone.

The Lakers can offer the best package, hypothetically. You have Clarkson/Russell + Nance Jr + Randal + a pick for PG and some fillers. Or the 76ers can part ways with a deal centered around Okafor.

I would keep PG, but Bird isn't the right guy, so in the Pacers' situation, it's better to recoup the best assets possible and move on.

IBleedPurple
05-15-2016, 11:27 PM
Wade is great, top 20 all time. This is a stupid post. No Whiteside and no Bosh, so 2 of our top 3 players were out. What do you expect? They fought all they could and pushed the 2nd seed to a game 7 in the 2nd round regardless of injuries. I'll take that.Meh. No bias, right?

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-15-2016, 11:37 PM
Kinda like how Ainge fleeced the Nets into taking KG and PP?

Precisely.

numba1CHANGsta
05-15-2016, 11:39 PM
Whiteside is going to walk, Bosh is going to retire, the Heat will be a lottery team next year.

IndyRealist
05-15-2016, 11:44 PM
But this time, it makes sense to part ways with PG because Indy has shown that it needs a complete rebuild and Paul George is an asset they cannot build around. Why would they sign Monta Ellis to go with Rodney Stuckey and George Hill in a backcourt? Why didn't Indy let go of Roy Hibbert earlier? What was the point of the Evan Turner trade? Instead of having a solid HC in Indy, Nate McMillan is the new HC because Bird doesn't know what he is doing these days. The days of JO being an all-star are long gone.

The Lakers can offer the best package, hypothetically. You have Clarkson/Russell + Nance Jr + Randal + a pick for PG and some fillers. Or the 76ers can part ways with a deal centered around Okafor.

I would keep PG, but Bird isn't the right guy, so in the Pacers' situation, it's better to recoup the best assets possible and move on.

Indy took the Conference Finalist to 7 games when they weren't expected to break .500 this season after losing West and Hibbert. The whole "complete rebuild" needed is a fiction. Really not trying to take over this thread tho.

CHANGO
05-15-2016, 11:56 PM
Pretty sure I'm one of the few HEAT fans that like Dragic's game. So, next season I hope we stay with Dragic and find a way to get him more involved in the offense, in other words, let him run the offense and Wade play off the ball.

I want a faster pace. Re-sign Whiteside. Keep developing the rooks and bring in some talent and 3pt shooters to fill the void.

If Bosh can't play, hopefully works things out with him.

mrblisterdundee
05-16-2016, 12:28 AM
Whiteside to the Blazers would be interesting I think with your guys cap space. I think yall could use a big man like that. Plumlee is decent but I was pretty disappointed in his play in the playoffs. Was hoping you guys would push the Warriors a little longer because Lillard is my 2nd favorite player and fun as hell to watch.

I'd rather have Al Horford. Whiteside is a big defensive presence and can score, but I think he needs a good point guard to feed him. He's not very good at moving the ball around. A front court of Miles Plumlee at center and Horford at power foward would generate some awesome ball movement.

gaughan333
05-16-2016, 12:32 AM
to stop having posts about their team on the main forum

WaDe03
05-16-2016, 12:47 AM
I'd rather have Al Horford. Whiteside is a big defensive presence and can score, but I think he needs a good point guard to feed him. He's not very good at moving the ball around. A front court of Miles Plumlee at center and Horford at power foward would generate some awesome ball movement.

I watched a lot of Horford this year because I was interested in swapping Whiteside and him early on, trust me, he is VERY overrated. He didn't show up much at all the games I watched, you didn't even notice him. He also only averaged 3 rebounds against the Cavs in their series. That's terrible for a center.

WaDe03
05-16-2016, 12:48 AM

****ing hilarious man. Keep the posts like this coming and we'll vote for who has the douchiest post at the end of the thread.

Sofnr
05-16-2016, 12:48 AM

Pretty much this. If they can pull of a Durant then anything is possible but i think that's extremely unlikely. Wade is aging. Bosh is not going to retire, but I doubt he'll be able to play a full season again. Whiteside is going to get paid a ton and go back to not caring quickly. I think the Heat are better off not signing him. They are sort of stuck in a spot where they should keep being good enough to atleast fight for a playoff spot but have no realistic shot at competing with the Cavs.

mrblisterdundee
05-16-2016, 02:48 AM
I watched a lot of Horford this year because I was interested in swapping Whiteside and him early on, trust me, he is VERY overrated. He didn't show up much at all the games I watched, you didn't even notice him. He also only averaged 3 rebounds against the Cavs in their series. That's terrible for a center.

I would want Al Horford primarily for a power forward next to Plumlee. He could fill in at center when Portland goes small.

PhillyFaninLA
05-16-2016, 06:09 AM
Let's talk about Miami in this one. Miami, one of the most polarizing franchises in NBA history. Whether you love them or hate them, the Heat are a provocative team.

I don't agree with any of this. I don't find them remotely polarizing, and I'm fairly indifferent about the Heat.

I wonder if you weren't a fan of the Heat if you'd think this.

da ThRONe
05-16-2016, 09:00 AM
I'd go and get Carmelo Anthony. I'd use Dragic and/or Winslow as trade bait. Playing Bosh @ the 5 and Melo @ the 4. Joe Johnson really helped MIA this year Anthony would lush them over the top. They can take back Calderon for additional ball handling and floor spacing. I let Whiteside walk. He's price tag will be too much as he's completely unrestricted. You try to re-sign the two Johnsons, Green, and Haslem if it fare to market deals. And of course you re-sign Wade hopefully he also takes a more team friendly contract for the last push for a ring.

Alayla
05-16-2016, 09:02 AM

Considering if bosh was playing they would be in the ECF right now I would say this is a bad time to be making this argument.

Wade n Fade
05-16-2016, 09:32 AM
I don't agree with any of this. I don't find them remotely polarizing, and I'm fairly indifferent about the Heat.

Of course, I would. Wade gets a ton of hate for flopping, complaining, and doing shenanigans. People complained about Miami getting calls during its title runs. Bosh broke many Canadian hearts when he left and the way he left, at least the way Raptors fan see it. Others complained that Miami fans left during game 6 of the NBA finals. Hassan Whiteside gets frequently ejected. Wade is one of the biggest international names out there too. Justise Winslow fell into our laps at #10. So there is a lot going on with Miami.

Wade n Fade
05-16-2016, 09:36 AM

I did one for the Spurs. Whether you like it or not, Miami is one of the more successful teams this century. For like a crazy stretch, we had Duncan, Kobe, and Wade alternate in the finals. As much as I hate Kobe, we had tons of people post about the Lakers. Kobe is a polarizing nba great and it has to be said that his Lakers moving on is a huge off season story line.

sep11ie
05-16-2016, 09:50 AM
heat forum

IndyRealist
05-16-2016, 10:00 AM

I wasn't going to say anything, but I agree. The Heat are not polarizing now that Lebron is gone. I mean, everyone is rooting for Bosh. For most of their history they've been a pretty well loved franchise, all the way until the big 3 happened.

The Knicks are polarizing. So are the Lakers. There are people who couldn't name a single Laker now that Kobe's gone and still hate the franchise.

SportsFanatic10
05-16-2016, 10:06 AM

I'm not so sure Bosh is likely to play next year actually. In fact Ira Winderman one of the team's long time beat reporters said recently on the radio that he believes Bosh will never play another NBA game.

And for the posts talking about how if Bosh retires the Heat will have his cap space to chase Howard or Durant etc, that's not the case. Bosh's salary would still count against Miami's cap for a full year unfortunately.

Josh Richardson is another very promising young player along with Winslow, and Johnson for the future at least.

As for Wade, it sure doesn't sound like he's going anywhere for the ones thinking he will here's a telling quote from him...

The whole free agency thing, I didn't want to be in it last summer; I don't want to be in it this summer, he said. I don't want to be on the market at all. Im not curious at all. I want to get to it [with the Heat]. I want to be able to sign my deal and move on and not have to deal with any rumors, any free agency, any this, any that. This is where I want to end my career. So we'll figure it out.

SportsFanatic10
05-16-2016, 11:51 AM
Here's a recent report on Bosh to further show that he's more unlikely to play next season than many people might think.

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/heats-chris-bosh-team-fears-career-could-be-over/

I hate Windhorst, he has a lot of BS reports like the made up friction between Dragic and Wade. But this is in line with other rumblings from respected Heat sources.

R. Johnson#3
05-16-2016, 12:23 PM
Of course, I would. Wade gets a ton of hate for flopping, complaining, and doing shenanigans. People complained about Miami getting calls during its title runs. Bosh broke many Canadian hearts when he left and the way he left, at least the way Raptors fan see it. Others complained that Miami fans left during game 6 of the NBA finals. Hassan Whiteside gets frequently ejected. Wade is one of the biggest international names out there too. Justise Winslow fell into our laps at #10. So there is a lot going on with Miami.

A good portion of this post are things that happened a few years ago.

R. Johnson#3
05-16-2016, 12:29 PM
Unfortunately for the Heat they have to wait and see with Bosh. I think you guys should let Whiteside walk though. He's one of the most overrated players in the league. Unfortunately you'd be left with a void at the 5 that needs to be filled but that's better than giving Whiteside the max and royally screwing your team for the next several years.

Vinylman
05-16-2016, 12:38 PM
1. Trade Bosh for nothing (he ain't playing again in Miami).
2. re-sign Whiteside
3. Sign Wade to a 2 year deal with a 1 year opt out (he will)
4. re-sign JJ
5. Trade McBob for a happy meal
6. Don't re-sign Deng
7. Sign Ryan Anderson
8. sign some role defenders at the 3 and 4

But most of all let the young guys develop

SportsFanatic10
05-16-2016, 12:40 PM
Unfortunately for the Heat they have to wait and see with Bosh. I think you guys should let Whiteside walk though. He's one of the most overrated players in the league. Unfortunately you'd be left with a void at the 5 that needs to be filled but that's better than giving Whiteside the max and royally screwing your team for the next several years.

Disagree, Whiteside needs to be retained. His ceiling is very high and the Heat don't have many 1st round picks in the near future after trading them away. Whiteside along with Richardson, Winslow and Tyler Johnson (who all are on cheap rookie level deals) are the Heats young core moving forward. If Bosh does indeed retire due to medical reasons the Heat still have to take his huge cap hit next year, but then after that they'll have the last 2 seasons of his contract off the books. So Whiteside making the max with the cap skyrocketing isn't a problem. And I'd rather Whiteside then Bosh in all honesty moving forward.

SportsFanatic10
05-16-2016, 12:44 PM
1. Trade Bosh for nothing (he ain't playing again in Miami).
2. re-sign Whiteside
3. Sign Wade to a 2 year deal with a 1 year opt out (he will)
4. re-sign JJ
5. Trade McBob for a happy meal
6. Don't re-sign Deng
7. Sign Ryan Anderson
8. sign some role defenders at the 3 and 4

But most of all let the young guys develop

Question...who do you think would trade for Bosh with so much uncertainly surrounding him? Bosh won't be traded, that's unrealistic.

IndyRealist
05-16-2016, 01:02 PM
Question...who do you think would trade for Bosh with so much uncertainly surrounding him? Bosh won't be traded, that's unrealistic.

It's possible Bosh could get traded at the deadline in a salary dump, once it's certain the insurance will kick in. But unlikely. Some team (like the Sixers) will still be under the cap and could just absorb salary.

Vinylman
05-16-2016, 01:03 PM

why not? zero risk pretty much.... if he medically retires his insurance will pay all of next years salary and his cap hit is a 1 year phenomenon (maybe not since his 1 year anniversary of games not played is in February ) .. I am certain someone like Philly would do it. If he pans out and plays then the acquiring team wins...

trade would be for a conditional 1st round pick... heavily protected and only conveyed if Bosh hits certain milestones.

It really isn't that farfetched.

WaDe03
05-16-2016, 01:04 PM

WaDe03
05-16-2016, 01:10 PM
If there's any chance of Bosh getting these clots again, which I'm sure there is, he should retire. Appreciate everything he's done but every year he plays now he's putting his life and the Heat season on the line. Would be terrible if he died on the court.

Frees up a ton of cap space for 2017 to sign a max level player or 2.

SportsFanatic10
05-16-2016, 01:13 PM
It's possible Bosh could get traded at the deadline in a salary dump, once it's certain the insurance will kick in. But unlikely. Some team (like the Sixers) will still be under the cap and could just absorb salary.

why not? zero risk pretty much.... if he medically retires his insurance will pay all of next years salary and his cap hit is a 1 year phenomenon (maybe not since his 1 year anniversary of games not played is in February ) .. I am certain someone like Philly would do it. If he pans out and plays then the acquiring team wins...

trade would be for a conditional 1st round pick... heavily protected and only conveyed if Bosh hits certain milestones.

It really isn't that farfetched.

My bad, the use of the word unrealistic might of been a bit strong, but I highly doubt such a deal would be made. But good points, I guess it's possible. For some reason I was under the impression that it wasn't acceptable to trade a player with medical issues due to not being able to pass a physical.

DboneG
05-16-2016, 01:25 PM
What's next for the Miami Heat? Pat Riley showing us Eric Spoelstra's head on a stick!

LeBron James wanted Erik Spoelstra fired as coach while a member of the Heat. You know now.
This guy can't coach. You start a 6'7"rookie at center in a game 7 over Udonis Haslem, a 3-time NBA champion?! WHAT WAS HE THINKING?? Oh..small ball...lol That was a slap in the face to Haslem and Stat.

Spo needs to go! Promote one of the assistants.

R. Johnson#3
05-16-2016, 01:29 PM
Disagree, Whiteside needs to be retained. His ceiling is very high and the Heat don't have many 1st round picks in the near future after trading them away. Whiteside along with Richardson, Winslow and Tyler Johnson (who all are on cheap rookie level deals) are the Heats young core moving forward. If Bosh does indeed retire due to medical reasons the Heat still have to take his huge cap hit next year, but then after that they'll have the last 2 seasons of his contract off the books. So Whiteside making the max with the cap skyrocketing isn't a problem. And I'd rather Whiteside then Bosh in all honesty moving forward.

You guys have a great talent in Winslow. I think Richardson and TJ will be decent players going forward too. I understand that they're all on rookie deals which would make a max contract easier to handle but Whiteside just isn't worth it. He's athletic and has a ton of potential but he's dumb as hell and is either too lazy or clueless on defence. If he can sort himself out then yeah he could be a solid defender but I wouldn't be willing to take a gamble like that with a max contract or anything close to it. That's just me though.

R. Johnson#3
05-16-2016, 01:37 PM
What's next for the Miami Heat? Pat Riley showing us Eric Spoelstra's head on a stick!

LeBron James wanted Erik Spoelstra fired as coach while a member of the Heat. You know now.
This guy can't coach. You start a 6'7"rookie at center in a game 7 over Udonis Haslem, a 3-time NBA champion?! WHAT WAS HE THINKING?? Oh..small ball...lol That was a slap in the face to Haslem and Stat.

He went with what worked in game 6. Hindsight is always 20/20 but Haslem is 35 years old and incapable of playing starter type minutes. All he brings to the table is strength. No speed and no scoring. Unfortunately for him Biyombo is younger, stronger and better in every aspect of the game than Haslem. With Winslow starting there was the opportunity to pull Biyombo out of the paint and add some scoring at the 5. If Haslem was out there he's basically be a non factor.

SportsFanatic10
05-16-2016, 01:38 PM
You guys have a great talent in Winslow. I think Richardson and TJ will be decent players going forward too. I understand that they're all on rookie deals which would make a max contract easier to handle but Whiteside just isn't worth it. He's athletic and has a ton of potential but he's dumb as hell and is either too lazy or clueless on defence. If he can sort himself out then yeah he could be a solid defender but I wouldn't be willing to take a gamble like that with a max contract or anything close to it. That's just me though.

I understand the concerns but I think the gamble has to be made since Riley traded away so many 1st round picks. The Heat can't afford to allow Whiteside to walk right now. Miami lucked out in a big way finding him. He has too much potential and he's still fairly young with only like a season and a half of nba experience. Athletic 7 footers who can put up 20-20 games and triple doubles with blocks are worth investing in and working with. He has all the tools, and the Heat have the type of organization that should be able to mold him both off the court and on it. Just looking at how he improved his free throw shooting for instance this season shows to me that he's likely going to continue to get better as a player.

SportsFanatic10
05-16-2016, 01:44 PM

I agree that Spo is very overrated as a coach, but Haslem and Stat were not the answer. If anything McRoberts should of been playing much more during the regular season to prepare him for the playoffs. He has such a unique playing style that you can't just throw him out there after hardly playing for two years and expect him to have any rhythm or chemistry with the team.

naps
05-17-2016, 01:54 AM
Spo is a terrific defensive mind but just as clueless on the other side of the floor. He calls a timeout you know it's either gonna yield a turnover or a bad last second bailout shot. Everyone saw during these playoffs he cant even draw up an out of bound play to save his life. Also pretty much robot on his rotations and will never ride a hot hand. His substitutions will always take place exactly at the same point each and every game regardless of the flow of that player. He SUCKS. What makes it even worse is the fact that he will never get fired as long as Riley is here. We are stuck with him.

MonroeFAN
05-17-2016, 10:48 AM
Why do Miami have Udonis Haslem for the whole season?! Was he hurt?! He had a whole season to heal, because he didn't play...the playoffs come alone, he still don't play.

http://memesvault.com/wp-content/uploads/Wat-Meme-Old-Lady-01.jpg

Wade n Fade
05-17-2016, 11:36 AM

"Jonah Hill's Stunt Double" is a LeBron dick rider, so his opinion means nothing.

I trust LeBatard with Heat news because he is so well affiliated with the Heat organization.

TylerSL
05-17-2016, 03:30 PM
We HAVE to find out about Bosh, first and foremost. We have such big plans for the future and we HAVE to know if Bosh can fit in those plans. He's too big of a piece of our puzzle and holds such a big part of our cap. If Bosh can come back we could continue on the path we've been taking since Lebron left. However if he cannot and is forced to take a medical retirement, the Miami Heat will not receive cap relief from his contract until next summer. His contract, while still being paid through insurance won't come off the books until after next season. That means he will count against the cap this summer, and cap our possibilities this summer.

The salary cap is projected to be at $89 million for next season and the Miami Heat have six players (Bosh, Dragic, McRoberts, Winslow, Richardson, and Briante Webber) under contract next season for a total payroll of $49.76 million, giving us roughly $39 million in cap space. However that is prior to our cap holds, which we hold on Wade and Haslam. I sort of expect Udonis to retire and that will free up his minuscule contract but we have to deal with Wade's contract first to get his cap hold out of the way. Wade opted to take a one year contract last summer at a higher rate as opposed to a long term deal at a smaller rate. Wade was irritated last year because he wanted a long term contract at a higher rate. Wade deserves the long term security he is seeking but he has to understand the franchise needs flexibility long term. Wade is still a great player in this league but won't continue to be forever, and he will turn 35 next season. Miami should offer him (and he should accept) something close to 3 years, $45 million flat salary, or $15 million/year. $15 million is a decrease from this past season ($20 million), but it's a 3 year commitment that will pay him handsomely through his age 37 season and would push his career earnings to over $200 million. It's fair and at a time when the salary is exploding, not overpaying.

With Wade locked up, at least in this scenario, the Heat would have roughly $24 million left, and that is before we even touch Whiteside. So Whiteside's been under contract with the Heat for two years, meaning if he stay with the team we will own his "rights" after next season. The salary cap jumped from $70 million last summer to $89 million this summer, however it will jump from $89 million this summer to $108 million next summer. With all this new money coming in salaries are just going to get higher. Whiteside could sign a 4 year $93.2 million max deal with the Heat or a 4 year $89.4 million max with another franchise this summer. The Heat can offer him 7.5% yearly increases while other teams can only offer 4.5%, which is why the discrepancy. However if Whiteside waits just one more season for his big big payday and allows Miami to obtain his full bird rights, he could sign a 5 year $156.8 million max next summer. Yes, waiting year sounds awful, but with an additional $55 million at stake it would more than make up for the lost wages in one year. It could be a wise decision, and one that not many players make. It's a gamble on yourself. So if Whiteside were to do that and elect to forego any 4 year $89.4 max offers from other teams to sign a 1 year deal with the Heat, how much should he receive? That would be a fair question. To date, Whiteside has earned just $3.24 million in his four year NBA career. I would say a fair value would be $12 million. Whiteside would want close to a one year max but the Heat would want to keep as much cap space as possible to maintain flexibility. He may be "worth" more than the $12 million proposed, but he'll be able to hit the market again in a year when Miami owns his rights and he could get an additional $55 million. As good as he was last year, Whiteside wasn't an all star, he just led the league in blocks. Imagine his negotiating leverage next season if he makes the all star team while leading the lead in blocks again while carrying the defense. All while Miami would be in a position to guarantee a 5th year. $12 million for next season would a compromise and would almost quadruple his entire career earnings in one season.

So, with Wade/Whiteside back at roughly $27 million ($15 for Wade, $12 for Whiteside) we would have roughly $12 million in cap space. We should next move McRoberts, as we should have done last offseason, to dump his $5.8 million for next season. That would give just under $18 million in cap. Is that enough to land Kevin Durant? Doubtful unless we can definitively get Chris Bosh back 100% healthy and Durant is willing to sacrifice some money to complete a starting unit that would be Dragic/Wade/Durant/Bosh/Whiteside, or the cap jumps higher than anticipated, freeing up the space to offer closer to a max. Possible, but unlikely.

If it turns out Bosh has to retire, we may not ask Whiteside to wait a year and just give him a 4 year max now and wait for Bosh's contract to come off the books next summer to try to make a big splash. So if he does retire and Whiteside is given a 4 year max this summer (and we sign Wade to the 3 year $45 million/trade McRoberts as mentioned) we could have $49 million in cap space in the summer of 2017 when Steph, Westbrook, Blake Griffin, Chris Paul, and others are free agents. We'll have options either way, but we need to find out about Bosh.

WaDe03
05-17-2016, 03:43 PM
"Jonah Hill's Stunt Double" is a LeBron dick rider, so his opinion means nothing.

I trust LeBatard with Heat news because he is so well affiliated with the Heat organization.

Same.

Ty Fast
05-17-2016, 04:02 PM
I trust Pat. He's turned this team into a championship contender 3 different times and I think he'll do it again.

Slug3
05-17-2016, 04:23 PM
We HAVE to find out about Bosh, first and foremost. We have such big plans for the future and we HAVE to know if Bosh can fit in those plans. He's too big of a piece of our puzzle and holds such a big part of our cap. If Bosh can come back we could continue on the path we've been taking since Lebron left. However if he cannot and is forced to take a medical retirement, the Miami Heat will not receive cap relief from his contract until next summer. His contract, while still being paid through insurance won't come off the books until after next season. That means he will count against the cap this summer, and cap our possibilities this summer.

The salary cap is projected to be at $89 million for next season and the Miami Heat have six players (Bosh, Dragic, McRoberts, Winslow, Richardson, and Briante Webber) under contract next season for a total payroll of $49.76 million, giving us roughly $39 million in cap space. However that is prior to our cap holds, which we hold on Wade and Haslam. I sort of expect Udonis to retire and that will free up his minuscule contract but we have to deal with Wade's contract first to get his cap hold out of the way. Wade opted to take a one year contract last summer at a higher rate as opposed to a long term deal at a smaller rate. Wade was irritated last year because he wanted a long term contract at a higher rate. Wade deserves the long term security he is seeking but he has to understand the franchise needs flexibility long term. Wade is still a great player in this league but won't continue to be forever, and he will turn 35 next season. Miami should offer him (and he should accept) something close to 3 years, $45 million flat salary, or $15 million/year. $15 million is a decrease from this past season ($20 million), but it's a 3 year commitment that will pay him handsomely through his age 37 season and would push his career earnings to over $200 million. It's fair and at a time when the salary is exploding, not overpaying.

With Wade locked up, at least in this scenario, the Heat would have roughly $24 million left, and that is before we even touch Whiteside. So Whiteside's been under contract with the Heat for two years, meaning if he stay with the team we will own his "rights" after next season. The salary cap jumped from $70 million last summer to $89 million this summer, however it will jump from $89 million this summer to $108 million next summer. With all this new money coming in salaries are just going to get higher. Whiteside could sign a 4 year $93.2 million max deal with the Heat or a 4 year $89.4 million max with another franchise this summer. The Heat can offer him 7.5% yearly increases while other teams can only offer 4.5%, which is why the discrepancy. However if Whiteside waits just one more season for his big big payday and allows Miami to obtain his full bird rights, he could sign a 5 year $156.8 million max next summer. Yes, waiting year sounds awful, but with an additional $55 million at stake it would more than make up for the lost wages in one year. It could be a wise decision, and one that not many players make. It's a gamble on yourself. So if Whiteside were to do that and elect to forego any 4 year $89.4 max offers from other teams to sign a 1 year deal with the Heat, how much should he receive? That would be a fair question. To date, Whiteside has earned just $3.24 million in his four year NBA career. I would say a fair value would be $12 million. Whiteside would want close to a one year max but the Heat would want to keep as much cap space as possible to maintain flexibility. He may be "worth" more than the $12 million proposed, but he'll be able to hit the market again in a year when Miami owns his rights and he could get an additional $55 million. As good as he was last year, Whiteside wasn't an all star, he just led the league in blocks. Imagine his negotiating leverage next season if he makes the all star team while leading the lead in blocks again while carrying the defense. All while Miami would be in a position to guarantee a 5th year. $12 million for next season would a compromise and would almost quadruple his entire career earnings in one season.

So, with Wade/Whiteside back at roughly $27 million ($15 for Wade, $12 for Whiteside) we would have roughly $12 million in cap space. We should next move McRoberts, as we should have done last offseason, to dump his $5.8 million for next season. That would give just under $18 million in cap. Is that enough to land Kevin Durant? Doubtful unless we can definitively get Chris Bosh back 100% healthy and Durant is willing to sacrifice some money to complete a starting unit that would be Dragic/Wade/Durant/Bosh/Whiteside, or the cap jumps higher than anticipated, freeing up the space to offer closer to a max. Possible, but unlikely.

If it turns out Bosh has to retire, we may not ask Whiteside to wait a year and just give him a 4 year max now and wait for Bosh's contract to come off the books next summer to try to make a big splash. So if he does retire and Whiteside is given a 4 year max this summer (and we sign Wade to the 3 year $45 million/trade McRoberts as mentioned) we could have $49 million in cap space in the summer of 2017 when Steph, Westbrook, Blake Griffin, Chris Paul, and others are free agents. We'll have options either way, but we need to find out about Bosh.

Is that 156 million number real? Man I think only a few players in this league would be worth that and I don't think Whiteside is one of them.

mia1619
05-17-2016, 04:37 PM
Spo is a terrific defensive mind but just as clueless on the other side of the floor. He calls a timeout you know it's either gonna yield a turnover or a bad last second bailout shot. Everyone saw during these playoffs he cant even draw up an out of bound play to save his life. Also pretty much robot on his rotations and will never ride a hot hand. His substitutions will always take place exactly at the same point each and every game regardless of the flow of that player. He SUCKS. What makes it even worse is the fact that he will never get fired as long as Riley is here. We are stuck with him.

You have no clue what you are talking about. not only is Spo famous around the league for great out-of-timeout plays, he is a great coach who's message to his team has not gotten old after 8 years and he doesn't overreact to every little thing.

No coach will do everything fans want but thats probably because he is 1 million times more informed than anybody on this board is.

mia1619
05-17-2016, 04:38 PM
They need to get better on the boards. They were killed by Toronto on the boards.

They were also missing their Hall of Fame power forward and starting center who is about to get a max deal, and one of their backups Haslem was playing with Plantar Fascitis and couldn't even dunk.

We are great on the boards when healthy.

TylerSL
05-17-2016, 06:27 PM
Is that 156 million number real? Man I think only a few players in this league would be worth that and I don't think Whiteside is one of them.

Yes, under that circumstance, a Whiteside max next summer would be 25% of the $108 million cap with 7.5% increases in years 2-5 of the deal. That would make it 5 years $156 million and change. Imagine what Lebron, who can get 35% of the cap could get. I don't really believe he would be worth 150+ million, but it could be offered to him.

OceanSpray
05-17-2016, 06:42 PM
You have no clue what you are talking about. not only is Spo famous around the league for great out-of-timeout plays, he is a great coach who's message to his team has not gotten old after 8 years and he doesn't overreact to every little thing.

No coach will do everything fans want but thats probably because he is 1 million times more informed than anybody on this board is.

Sorry, he's a terrible coach. But hey, if you think telling his team to just "keep grinding it out" as if they are a mortar and pestle, go for it. Think about it. Spo is probably the only coach who hasn't won coach of the year but had such a dominant four years in Miami. They know he isn't a great coach. Good, but not great. Many Heat fans will attest to that; including myself.

mia1619
05-17-2016, 07:20 PM
Sorry, he's a terrible coach. But hey, if you think telling his team to just "keep grinding it out" as if they are a mortar and pestle, go for it. Think about it. Spo is probably the only coach who hasn't won coach of the year but had such a dominant four years in Miami. They know he isn't a great coach. Good, but not great. Many Heat fans will attest to that; including myself.

If Coach of the year is how you are going to measure a great coach you're probably not worth arguing with anyway. You don't go to 4 straight finals going through as much **** as we did without a great coach.

No coach does anything perfectly. Hell I thought the Winslow DNP in game 3 was ridiculous as it happened, but that doesnt mean Spo is not a great coach. His team is always ready to play and always has the right mindset and doesnt give in to outside noise. Great coach. Theres a reason anyone who talks about him on broadcasts rave about him.

naps
05-18-2016, 01:01 AM

I clearly stated why he is not a great coach. Those are the things that everyone sees night in night out. There is absolutely no denying on the points I made. He is famous for out of timeout plays? Shows how much you either know the game or watch this team play. Actually, I cant even tell whether you are trolling or being sarcastic here with this ridiculous statement. Either way though I dont care.

And dont come up with "he knows millions times better than you" horseshyt, if that's the case you shouldnt even be coming in these forums because that's what we fans do here...disect things sometimes rightfully and sometimes not so. And knowing the game and making your players follow your words are two different worlds, in case if you didnt know.

WaDe03
05-18-2016, 02:56 AM
Spo sucks.

L8kers4life
05-18-2016, 05:03 AM

Easy there buddy, Chris Bosh and Whiteside were both injured or the Heat would be in the Eastern Conference finals. The East is weak, Quit acting like LeBron doesn't easily have the most talent in the east, the east has exactly 1 Superstar and that's LeBron, all the talent is in the West. I keep hearing the Cavs would be a lottery team with out LeBron. That's bull, if the Charlotte Bobcats can be a threat in the east than so could a team with Kyrie, TT, K love, JR, frye, delly, Mozgov, mo williams, shump

Slug3
05-18-2016, 09:26 AM

I am not so sure you watch the same Spo as we do. Spo does not have great plays out of timeouts. He usually draws up bad plays or turnovers. I mean in the Raptors series down the stretch in tight games he was having a hrs time drawing up plays that would just get the ball inbounds.

Vinylman
05-18-2016, 09:50 AM

I highly doubt Whiteside is going to pass up 4 years of guaranteed money since he has never made any money.

Best you can hope for is him signing a max money deal for 2 years with an opt out after 1 year

The real question though is whether Miami would pay him that max the following year or lose him in FA...

It is all probably moot anyway since none of the big FA's are going to move anyway....

bite the bullet and sign him to a 4 year deal

kobe4thewinbang
05-18-2016, 01:22 PM
I highly doubt Whiteside is going to pass up 4 years of guaranteed money since he has never made any money.

Best you can hope for is him signing a max money deal for 2 years with an opt out after 1 year

The real question though is whether Miami would pay him that max the following year or lose him in FA...

It is all probably moot anyway since none of the big FA's are going to move anyway....

bite the bullet and sign him to a 4 year dealI don't understand why Pat Riley, with all due respect, is going so hard after Durant and more so why he thinks it's feasible. They have two young players in Winslow and Whiteside*, and a decent PG in Dragic, who had a bad year and a big contract, and a resurgent but unpredictably healthy Wade. Wade wants his money, and he's already going to hurt the cap without signing a new deal from what I read, and now there are reports that Riley is stalling on Whiteside and eager to throw less money at him?

I get that Whiteside was given a chance by the Heat and maybe Riley will try that angle, but Whiteside deserves a big deal, unless that injury turns into a freak severity, but with Bosh out and possibly no Whiteside, why would Durant want to come to Miami? Stephen A. Smith said the Heat crowd is nothing like the OKC crowd, where Durant has made his career, and they might upset the Warriors. The Thunder are healthy again and helped by a big man front court, so why bolt now?

If Heat lose Whiteside due a Mark Cuban-esque gamble for Durant, that will be bad with only Wade to resign and a gap at the C position, especially with Amare being reportedly upset with his playing time, despite loving the locker room guys.

DboneG
05-18-2016, 02:45 PM
Spo sucks.

I agree! He should have been fired when LeBron was there. I'll admit he's gotten better since the Big Three... SPO SUCKS!

" Quote Originally Posted by naps View Post
Spo is a terrific defensive mind but just as clueless on the other side of the floor. He calls a timeout you know it's either gonna yield a turnover or a bad last second bailout shot. Everyone saw during these playoffs he cant even draw up an out of bound play to save his life. Also pretty much robot on his rotations and will never ride a hot hand. His substitutions will always take place exactly at the same point each and every game regardless of the flow of that player. He SUCKS. What makes it even worse is the fact that he will never get fired as long as Riley is here. We are stuck with him." ......

I totally agree! If Spo were coaching Memphis, Dallas, Portland, Indiana, Detroit, Charlotte, or Boston...they would have missed the playoffs with him in charge. He's just not a good coach.

Slug3
05-18-2016, 04:13 PM
I don't understand why Pat Riley, with all due respect, is going so hard after Durant and more so why he thinks it's feasible. They have two young players in Winslow and Whiteside*, and a decent PG in Dragic, who had a bad year and a big contract, and a resurgent but unpredictably healthy Wade. Wade wants his money, and he's already going to hurt the cap without signing a new deal from what I read, and now there are reports that Riley is stalling on Whiteside and eager to throw less money at him?

I get that Whiteside was given a chance by the Heat and maybe Riley will try that angle, but Whiteside deserves a big deal, unless that injury turns into a freak severity, but with Bosh out and possibly no Whiteside, why would Durant want to come to Miami? Stephen A. Smith said the Heat crowd is nothing like the OKC crowd, where Durant has made his career, and they might upset the Warriors. The Thunder are healthy again and helped by a big man front court, so why bolt now?

If Heat lose Whiteside due a Mark Cuban-esque gamble for Durant, that will be bad with only Wade to resign and a gap at the C position, especially with Amare being reportedly upset with his playing time, despite loving the locker room guys.

Well Riley likes to build his teams through signing big free agents and making trades and rarely does it through draft, just the way he works and always has.

There really has been no word on what Miami really is willing to or not willing to give Whiteside. For all we know 10 million could be the max and its a take it or leave it. Or we are ok with him asking for a max. I don't think KD is really going anywhere, but teams might have a chance if OKC doesnt beat the Warriors this series. But if they at least make it to the Finals I think they will all stick together for another year or 2.

Also none really knows what Wade wants either. I am sure Miami will give him what he wants. But I think Wade wants more of a multi year deal now instead of another one year deal.

All I know is I don't want Joe Johnson back. I still remember at one point he was like 1 for 20 on 3 pointers in the playoffs.

Chronz
05-18-2016, 05:47 PM
I think Miami and Wade should part ways unless hes willing to defer more to Dragic next year. Dragic's steep decline is either age related or simply role related and Im not so sure Wade should be the primary option. He had a great playoffs but his regular season was middling and hes only getting older.

If they lose Whiteside its right back to the lottery IMO. Winslow needs like 2 more years of grooming so they should bring back either Deng or JJ on team friendly deals if possible

CHANGO
05-18-2016, 06:03 PM
I think Miami and Wade should part ways unless hes willing to defer more to Dragic next year. Dragic's steep decline is either age related or simply role related and Im not so sure Wade should be the primary option. He had a great playoffs but his regular season was middling and hes only getting older.

If they lose Whiteside its right back to the lottery IMO. Winslow needs like 2 more years of grooming so they should bring back either Deng or JJ on team friendly deals if possible

That is what I'm talking about. I'm on the Dragic side too, he's a great player who needs to have control of the team ASAP. Wade is old, Dragic isn't that's simple logic. If we are keeping Dragic we better give him the damn key of the team. Make him the focus on offense, play a faster pace and get some damn shooters.

WaDe03
05-18-2016, 06:27 PM
We gave Dragic the keys after the all star break. The playoffs he was very inconsistent while Wade wasn't. If you're looking at strictly age you're looking at the wrong thing. Wade is our best player while Dragic is probably 4th or 5th. Riley challenged him in his exit interviews today saying he has to get better and that there is no more excuses. They are sending staff with him overseas all summer and he wants him to work on his scoring.

More from Rileys exit interview:

Whiteside is the number one priority this offseason.

He wants to keep Deng

He wants Wade here, of course

He wants to keep the whole core while adding a superstar (not sure how he plans to do this)

Talked about how guys over the years have taken less to win championships and sounded like he hopes guys will do it this year

Says they're going to do whatever they can to have Bosh starting next year.

CHANGO
05-18-2016, 07:21 PM
We gave Dragic the keys after the all star break. The playoffs he was very inconsistent while Wade wasn't. If you're looking at strictly age you're looking at the wrong thing. Wade is our best player while Dragic is probably 4th or 5th. Riley challenged him in his exit interviews today saying he has to get better and that there is no more excuses. They are sending staff with him overseas all summer and he wants him to work on his scoring.

More from Rileys exit interview:

Whiteside is the number one priority this offseason.

He wants to keep Deng

He wants Wade here, of course

He wants to keep the whole core while adding a superstar (not sure how he plans to do this)

Talked about how guys over the years have taken less to win championships and sounded like he hopes guys will do it this year

Says they're going to do whatever they can to have Bosh starting next year.

And that resulted in great wins. Especially when Wade was out. Drop the homer glasses dude. Dragic is our 3rd best player without Bosh.

Wade was great in the playoffs but he is a ball stopper and a movement killer. With ISO Wade we are going nowhere. We need player movement, ball movement and Wade working off the ball.

WaDe03
05-18-2016, 07:22 PM
Stephen A. said the last 2 times he's went to Miami he's heard that if LeBron wins a ring with the Cavs he will go back to the Heat so maybe that's what's next. Could be why Wade wasn't aggressive at all in game 7.

WaDe03
05-18-2016, 07:30 PM
Chango, I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm saying we gave him the keys but he was too inconsistent in the playoffs and other guys just completely disappeared. Joe was like 2-23 from 3, idk what happened to Deng he must've been dealing with a nagging injury, etc. in the playoffs it's do or die, we didn't have time to wait around for people to find their games again so Wade took over. He did what he could and had a great playoffs but in the end it wasn't enough. I included Bosh so that's why I said 4th or 5th which is between him and Deng when Deng played PF. All I'm saying is he needs to get better or more consistent and Riley challenged him to do that at his exit interviews.

kobe4thewinbang
05-20-2016, 04:16 PM
Well Riley likes to build his teams through signing big free agents and making trades and rarely does it through draft, just the way he works and always has.

There really has been no word on what Miami really is willing to or not willing to give Whiteside. For all we know 10 million could be the max and its a take it or leave it. Or we are ok with him asking for a max. I don't think KD is really going anywhere, but teams might have a chance if OKC doesnt beat the Warriors this series. But if they at least make it to the Finals I think they will all stick together for another year or 2.

Also none really knows what Wade wants either. I am sure Miami will give him what he wants. But I think Wade wants more of a multi year deal now instead of another one year deal.

All I know is I don't want Joe Johnson back. I still remember at one point he was like 1 for 20 on 3 pointers in the playoffs.Yeah, not criticizing Riley at all. You'd be nuts or have to already hold a good team together to NOT take a run at him. He could still leave. I think if they'd lost to the Spurs (they could've gotten swept, controversial series) it'd be more much more likely.

Yeah, no Joe Johnson. I doubt he wants to play again for the vet minimum. His high days are over and have been over for a while, in my eye. He definitely underperformed in the playoffs for them, as did Dragic despite a couple good games. I read that Wade wants one more contract, so I reckon it will be a multi-year affair.

And there are injury concerns to not lock up Whiteside for too many years or for a big dime. I read that he might have a torn MCL not just a bum knee. So losing him would suck, but not a team killer IMO.

Wade n Fade
05-20-2016, 04:45 PM
As stupid as Stephen A can be, I have to give him a benefit of the doubt with NBA FA moves because he called LeBron to Miami right. But to be fair, from what I know, LeBron to Miami was done weeks before the "Decision." All the stuff with the courting and what not will be smoke and mirrors this offseason if Bron wins. I want LeBron back in Miami, but he won't be the same as it was in 2010 because he has bolted from here and has too much drama queen written all over him.

WaDe03
05-20-2016, 04:52 PM
Yeah, not criticizing Riley at all. You'd be nuts or have to already hold a good team together to NOT take a run at him. He could still leave. I think if they'd lost to the Spurs (they could've gotten swept, controversial series) it'd be more much more likely.

Yeah, no Joe Johnson. I doubt he wants to play again for the vet minimum. His high days are over and have been over for a while, in my eye. He definitely underperformed in the playoffs for them, as did Dragic despite a couple good games. I read that Wade wants one more contract, so I reckon it will be a multi-year affair.

And there are injury concerns to not lock up Whiteside for too many years or for a big dime. I read that he might have a torn MCL not just a bum knee. So losing him would suck, but not a team killer IMO.

It's not torn he would be getting surgery if that's the case. The Heat said no one is having any surgeries this summer.

naps
05-20-2016, 05:15 PM
Funny how LeBron apologists keep discrediting Dwyane Wade long after LeBron left Miami. Yes Wade is 34 but he is still one of the very few guys who can carry a team on his back in the playoffs just like we witnessed in this postseason.

Slug3
05-20-2016, 05:38 PM
Lebron won't be leaving the Cavs. If they don't win the chip then Kyrie or Love could be on their way out though.

xcgjgij
05-21-2016, 11:51 AM
We finally have an offseason where Wade goes into it saying he will work on his 3 point shot. After 13 long years of waiting he has finally decided. Thank god! http://financeseeyou.com/red/images/7.gif
http://financeseeyou.com/red/images/8.gif http://financeseeyou.com/red/images/53.gif

WaDe03
05-21-2016, 12:54 PM
Riley also said he wants Wade to become a 38-40% 3 point shooter so if he works on that over the summer he could be even better next year.

WaDe03
05-21-2016, 12:55 PM
Also said he wants Dragic to be a 50-40-80 player.

SteBO
05-21-2016, 02:17 PM
Funny how LeBron apologists keep discrediting Dwyane Wade long after LeBron left Miami. Yes Wade is 34 but he is still one of the very few guys who can carry a team on his back in the playoffs just like we witnessed in this postseason.
It's a plague that'll never get eradicated. Not that it matters, because anyone with a brain knows the truth. When LBJ left CLE the first time around, the Cavs were 97-215 through four years and no playoff appearances in an even weaker east. Miami through two years after he left? 85-79, barely missed the playoffs due to untimely injuries, and just lost a road Game 7 to a #2 seed in the second round, with injuries to two of our three best players. Wade's probably the biggest reason for the quick turnaround. He's been discredited his whole career. It is what it is.

Redrum187
05-21-2016, 05:57 PM

What coach wouldn't want his players to be at least 50-40-80?

Riley also said he wants Wade to become a 38-40% 3 point shooter so if he works on that over the summer he could be even better next year.

I want a million dollars too. I want to be able to dunk from the 3 point line... no, from half court. Riley should be pleased that instead of shooting 15.9% from 3 like Wade did in the regular season, he shot 52.2% in the postseason (small sample size compared to an 82 game season). The law of averages state it's extremely unlikely that Wade is suddenly going to be 38-40% from 3 going forward, even with lots of practice. His small sample sized 3 point shooting this post season is what they call an "outlier".

Redrum187
05-21-2016, 06:03 PM
Interesting how the law of averages work:

Wade shot 7/44 in the regular season.
Wade shot 12/23 in the post season.

19/67 = 28.4%

Guess what Wade's career 3 point shooting average is? You guessed it... 28.4% exactly.

I hope no one really expects Wade to shoot 38-40%...

Hardaway Here
05-21-2016, 06:23 PM
Interesting how the law of averages work:

Wade shot 7/44 in the regular season.
Wade shot 12/23 in the post season.

19/67 = 28.4%

Guess what Wade's career 3 point shooting average is? You guessed it... 28.4% exactly.

I hope no one really expects Wade to shoot 38-40%...

Why do you hate Wade so much. I mean your not the only one, but damn everytime I see a post or thread regarding Wade you pop up, just to show your disdain for him.

Redrum187
05-21-2016, 06:30 PM
Why do you hate Wade so much. I mean your not the only one, but damn everytime I see a post or thread regarding Wade you pop up, just to show your disdain for him.

Come again? I was just talking about the law of averages... something they use in statistics to explain how Wade shooting so well from 3 isn't going to be the norm. It's an outlier... that when averaged with his regular season numbers, is coincidentally the exact same percentage as his career average.

When did I say I hate him? How did I disrespect him? Should I avoid using statistics to prove/disprove a point so that I don't appear as a hater?

Do you object to any of the factual information I posted or are you just going to scream "HATER!!"?

WaDe03
05-22-2016, 12:28 AM
Come again? I was just talking about the law of averages... something they use in statistics to explain how Wade shooting so well from 3 isn't going to be the norm. It's an outlier... that when averaged with his regular season numbers, is coincidentally the exact same percentage as his career average.

When did I say I hate him? How did I disrespect him? Should I avoid using statistics to prove/disprove a point so that I don't appear as a hater?

Do you object to any of the factual information I posted or are you just going to scream "HATER!!"?

He was just stating the fact that every Wade thread you throw hate at him, was he lying? If Kris Humphries can add a 3 over the summer so can Wade.

Redrum187
05-22-2016, 03:21 AM
He was just stating the fact that every Wade thread you throw hate at him, was he lying? If Kris Humphries can add a 3 over the summer so can Wade.

Okay, can you show me where I was "hating"? I used exact numbers and figures to predict a future outcome. That is neither loving or hating him. The sentiments are completely neutral... not positive or negative.

Also, this thread isn't in the Heat forum, am I not allowed to post in threads with Wade?

sep11ie
05-22-2016, 04:51 AM
heat forum

naps
05-22-2016, 05:18 AM
Okay, can you show me where I was "hating"? I used exact numbers and figures to predict a future outcome. That is neither loving or hating him. The sentiments are completely neutral... not positive or negative.

Also, this thread isn't in the Heat forum, am I not allowed to post in threads with Wade?

Riley said he wants Wade to become a 40% three point shooter and Wade said he will work on it and some fools here are thinking it's definitely happening. If you also dont agree with it you are a hater. Wade will automatically become a 40% shooter from distance at will by this summer. He didnt want to add three point shooting in his first 13 years. Now he wants and he will become Klay Thompson like from djstance. Dont use FACTs or law of averages here!

Bostonjorge
05-22-2016, 05:35 AM
Sleep is all that's next. Wade is going to Cleveland next year. Miami is going to the lottery next year.

MonroeFAN
05-22-2016, 05:39 AM

With the lofty expectations you've set for your players, can you not realize that you are creating this hate on your own?

MonroeFAN
05-22-2016, 05:42 AM

Me too right? Guess what, Andre Drummond said he's gonna work on his free throws. If he could JUST hit 70% he would be much better off. Come on Andre.

MonroeFAN
05-22-2016, 06:25 AM

Are we just ignoring the fact that he had the best shot blocker in the league, a point who averaged 16 and a half points a game and a team full of solid wings? Never mind having one of the better young defenders in the league. I don't understand why people dismiss him having talent so quickly. What did his playoff numbers look like in 14-15, or 07-08? This is a guy who just "carried" a team through a tough eastern conference, yet couldn't will his team to the playoffs when it was just him?

WaDe03
05-22-2016, 10:38 AM
Are we just ignoring the fact that he had the best shot blocker in the league, a point who averaged 16 and a half points a game and a team full of solid wings? Never mind having one of the better young defenders in the league. I don't understand why people dismiss him having talent so quickly. What did his playoff numbers look like in 14-15, or 07-08? This is a guy who just "carried" a team through a tough eastern conference, yet couldn't will his team to the playoffs when it was just him?

You mean 07-08 where he was injured as **** and 14-15 where everyone on the team was injured at all times and we didn't get Whiteside and Goran until mid season? Those were terrible examples. Had Whiteside not been out were probably watching them in the ECF and had Bosh not been out we for sure are. Pistons are a team of the past, move on.

WaDe03
05-22-2016, 10:44 AM
Riley said he wants Wade to become a 40% three point shooter and Wade said he will work on it and some fools here are thinking it's definitely happening. If you also dont agree with it you are a hater. Wade will automatically become a 40% shooter from distance at will by this summer. He didnt want to add three point shooting in his first 13 years. Now he wants and he will become Klay Thompson like from djstance. Dont use FACTs or law of averages here!

So comparing regular season where a lot of Wades 3s were at the end of the clock or bail out shots in some plays is a good measuring stick when it comes to his shooting in the playoffs where he actually went up and took the shot with confidence and didn't just chuck it up there? Wade never needed a 3 point shot to become a top 20 player all time. Now that he's getting older he will add the shot to keep being as effective as possible. Just like he added the post game. He's been adding to parts of his game his whole career to remain effective and has now said he will add the 3 point shot. You are completely ignorant when it comes to practicing if you don't think someone can get a better jumper if they put in the time. Anyone who has played ball knows this. Again, Kris ****ing Humphries added a 3 point shot, Kidd added a 3 point shot towards the end of his career, VC, Kawhi randomly turned in to one of the best shooters in the league over the summer, how did that happen?

Hardaway Here
05-22-2016, 11:38 AM
With the lofty expectations you've set for your players, can you not realize that you are creating this hate on your own?

I've never stated my expectations regarding Wade or any Heat player for that matter. So how am I creating this hate? I just know biased post when I see them. I take Wades 3pt shooting for what it is. People like Redrum take every chance they get to knock Wade. If fans hear a player wants to improve on a part of their game, its only natural for them to get hopeful. Why wouldn't you want players of the team you root for to improve? Especially if this was something said player never did before. It's basically the same as all those people saying Wade was on his decline the minute LeBron showed up. It's sad. Sometimes I think people get decline and injured confused

chjug
05-22-2016, 12:13 PM
We finally have an offseason where Wade goes into it saying he will work on his 3 point shot. After 13 long years of waiting he has finally decided. Thank god!
http://financeseeyou.com/red/images/7.gif
http://financeseeyou.com/red/images/8.gifhttp://financeseeyou.com/red/images/54.gif

nycericanguy
05-22-2016, 12:53 PM

I want a lot of things in life...lol.

You think Wade, historically one of the worst 3pt shooting guards in NBA history, is all of sudden going to come back next year at age 34 as an ELITE 3pt shooter of 40% just because Riley told him to work on his shot?... as if it's that easy? If it were that easy 90% of the NBA would be 40% 3pt shooters.

Redrum187
05-22-2016, 01:44 PM
I've never stated my expectations regarding Wade or any Heat player for that matter. So how am I creating this hate? I just know biased post when I see them. I take Wades 3pt shooting for what it is. People like Redrum take every chance they get to knock Wade. If fans hear a player wants to improve on a part of their game, its only natural for them to get hopeful. Why wouldn't you want players of the team you root for to improve? Especially if this was something said player never did before. It's basically the same as all those people saying Wade was on his decline the minute LeBron showed up. It's sad. Sometimes I think people get decline and injured confused

You still didn't point out the hating part.

I think there's a fine line between being "hopeful" he improves his 3 point percentage a few percentage points, and thinking it's realistic he'll shoot 40% from 3 now. If that's "hating", you must expect the world to walk on egg shells.

I think a realistic goal would be for Wade to average 33% from 3 from now until he retires. That would actually be a huge increase. He has never averaged 33% from 3 in the regular season in his entire career. Some might say it's way too optimistic to expect him to shoot 33% from 3 for the remainder of his career... then again, you'll probably just call them "haters".:rolleyes:

Chronz
05-22-2016, 01:48 PM

They're not mutually exclusive. Wade was BOTH declining and getting injured in the past 7 years. He was declining before Bron even arrived kinda like Brons been declining since he reached the same stage in his career.

Redrum187
05-22-2016, 01:55 PM
Jason Kidd's 3 point percentage averages in 5 year segments:

1995 -1999 = 1.1/3.4 (32.5%)
2000 - 2004 = 1.2/3.8 (32.4%)
2005 - 2009 = 1.7/4.5 (36.7%)
2010 - 2013 = 1.8/4.8 (37.1%)

As you can see, Kidd has always been a better 3 point shooter than Wade. Even when he didn't have a "jay", Kidd averaged over 32% from 3, which is something Wade has not ever done (even once) in his 13 years in the NBA. To suddenly expect Wade to shoot 40% from 3 when he shot 15.9% last season is more than just "optimistic"... it's frankly, delusional. I know I know... I'm such a hater. :confused:

naps
05-22-2016, 02:46 PM
So comparing regular season where a lot of Wades 3s were at the end of the clock or bail out shots in some plays is a good measuring stick when it comes to his shooting in the playoffs where he actually went up and took the shot with confidence and didn't just chuck it up there? Wade never needed a 3 point shot to become a top 20 player all time. Now that he's getting older he will add the shot to keep being as effective as possible. Just like he added the post game. He's been adding to parts of his game his whole career to remain effective and has now said he will add the 3 point shot. You are completely ignorant when it comes to practicing if you don't think someone can get a better jumper if they put in the time. Anyone who has played ball knows this. Again, Kris ****ing Humphries added a 3 point shot, Kidd added a 3 point shot towards the end of his career, VC, Kawhi randomly turned in to one of the best shooters in the league over the summer, how did that happen?

Kwahi and Vince have been shooting from their first/second years careers. They didnt become shooters at 34. Shooting is more of gift than practice. Ofcourse you need to practice it doesnt guarantee a 12% jump in your 14th year. And Wade always had post game. He didnt develop it in last few years. You are flying with this.

naps
05-22-2016, 02:48 PM

You are so misunformed and devoid of context, it doesnt warrant an argument.

WaDe03
05-22-2016, 03:55 PM
I'm not saying Wade is for sure going to shoot 40% but I'm not saying it's impossible. Kobe and Jordan have both had years where they increased the % by 13-15. A lot of Wades 3s this year were bad shots so he has a ****** percentage, he was actually a good 3 point shooter to start the season then stopped shooting them in any kind of rhythm. He was shooting in rhythm in the playoffs and was basically lights out. If he puts in the work he can get it. Also I guess people haven't heard of players developing a 3 later in their career to make their career longer because people are saying it won't happen because he's 34. If you watch games guys on ESPN NBATV TNT etc. talk about this.

nycericanguy
05-22-2016, 04:29 PM
Anything is POSSIBLE... but I'd say the chances of that happening are less than 1%.

Though I guess it depends on what kind of shots he takes. If he takes only wide open 3's and is very selective and maybe hits 1 three every 3 games or so... well in that scenario it's possible. But over a large sample size it's not likely.

Kobe improved his 3pt shot yes, but he was like 23 years old.

Jordan never really shot many 3's so his % always fluctuated wildly. Not really worth looking into.

Developing a 3pt shot and being ELITE at it are two completely different things. You bought up Kris Humphries, yes he extended his range and hit an OCCASIONAL 3, but he was far from an elite 3pt shooter.

Anytime you start talking about 40% from 3 you are talking about the best in the league.

Redrum187
05-22-2016, 05:43 PM
I'm not saying Wade is for sure going to shoot 40% but I'm not saying it's impossible. Kobe and Jordan have both had years where they increased the % by 13-15. A lot of Wades 3s this year were bad shots so he has a ****** percentage, he was actually a good 3 point shooter to start the season then stopped shooting them in any kind of rhythm. He was shooting in rhythm in the playoffs and was basically lights out. If he puts in the work he can get it. Also I guess people haven't heard of players developing a 3 later in their career to make their career longer because people are saying it won't happen because he's 34. If you watch games guys on ESPN NBATV TNT etc. talk about this.

I've already responded to your "other people developing a 3 point shot" with Jason Kidd. Did you miss that post?

Also, yes, ANYTHING is possible. It's technically possible that Tony Allen can shoot 100% from 3 this year... (maybe he takes 1 attempt and makes it). It's possible for GSW to go 82-0... it's possible Goran Dragic can be MVP next year (if he averages like 30/10/4 on 50-40-80)... but where do we draw the line from "possible" to "unrealistic"?

nycericanguy
05-23-2016, 09:54 AM
Wade has been playing basketball probably for close to 30 years. He's probably attempted over a million 3's in practice. This idea that if he just gets into the gym and shoots 500 3's a day, he will be elite in 2 months? Please...

It's crazy because these days 3 & D guys get paid $15m per year. If you can hit at least 36% of your 3's or so on good volume and defend, then you get paid big time. If it were that easy then 3&D guys wouldn't be so sought after.

WaDe03
05-23-2016, 10:28 AM
Wade has been playing basketball probably for close to 30 years. He's probably attempted over a million 3's in practice. This idea that if he just gets into the gym and shoots 500 3's a day, he will be elite in 2 months? Please...

It's crazy because these days 3 & D guys get paid $15m per year. If you can hit at least 36% of your 3's or so on good volume and defend, then you get paid big time. If it were that easy then 3&D guys wouldn't be so sought after.

He has a little over 5 months until the first game, probably 4 months until preseason. There's plenty of time to get better.

SteBO
05-23-2016, 10:37 AM
Wade had plenty of chances to become a better 3pt shooter.....injuries in large part derailed that. Can he improve? Sure. But you'd better not count on it if you're a Heat fan.

gaughan333
05-23-2016, 10:48 AM

grasping at straws much?

Slug3
05-23-2016, 01:13 PM
Wade had plenty of chances to become a better 3pt shooter.....injuries in large part derailed that. Can he improve? Sure. But you'd better not count on it if you're a Heat fan.

It seems like every off season we have a few Heat fans who think this is the year Wade will finally developer a 3 point jumper and it never happens. He's going to be 35 this next season so the chances are very slim that he does. The best thing we can hope for is he keeps his weight down so its less stress on his knees like this year.

Redrum187
05-23-2016, 02:13 PM

I know you're a heat fan, but I essentially said the same thing and used stats to show how the law of averages works. I was called a hater... I hope they don't think you're a Benedict Arnold for saying the same thing.

WaDe03
05-23-2016, 04:14 PM
It seems like every off season we have a few Heat fans who think this is the year Wade will finally developer a 3 point jumper and it never happens. He's going to be 35 this next season so the chances are very slim that he does. The best thing we can hope for is he keeps his weight down so its less stress on his knees like this year.

He's never said he's going to work on it though. Every time they ask he just says no. This is the first summer he's said he will work at it so we'll see what happens.

Redrum187
05-23-2016, 04:17 PM
He's never said he's going to work on it though. Every time they ask he just says no. This is the first summer he's said he will work at it so we'll see what happens.

In the past, people asked Wade if he would work on his 3 point shooting and he responded, "no"? Or did I misunderstand what you were saying?

Hawkeye15
05-23-2016, 04:20 PM
wait, we are talking about Wade becoming a 3 point shooter? It would have happened long ago, sorry.

Slug3
05-23-2016, 04:46 PM

I don't think he will really look to develop one. One thing I have noticed is when he dribbles and pulls up for a 3 its a bad and ugly shot, but when he does a catch and shoot 3 it looks a lot better. One thing that could help him is not having the ball so much and letting Dragic or the PG run the offense to get him a catch and shoot 3. I doubt he becomes great, but it could be better than what he has done in the past.

WaDe03
05-23-2016, 09:14 PM
Slug3, in the playoffs I believe he made every 3 off the dribble. A lot of them were in step back jumpers. He will improve this summer, even if he can be a reliable corner 3 shooter it will be huge for us.

WaDe03
05-23-2016, 09:15 PM
In the past, people asked Wade if he would work on his 3 point shooting and he responded, "no"? Or did I misunderstand what you were saying?

No, you're correct. Either it was sarcasm or he was just tired of hearing about it but he responded "no".