PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Eastern Conference Finals: Raptors (#2) vs Cavaliers (#1) Cavs lead 3-2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

lol, please
05-15-2016, 06:24 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/philladelfigga/NBA/Raptors.gifVS
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/philladelfigga/NBA/Cavaliers.gif

Game 1 (Cleveland):
8:30 PM EST on ESPN
Game 2 (Cleveland):
8:30 PM EST on ESPN
Game 3 (Toronto):
9:00 PM EST on ESPN
Game 4 (Toronto):
10:00 PM EST on ESPN
Game 5 (Cleveland):
Game 6 (Toronto):
Game 7 (Cleveland):

Regular Season Series: Raptors 2-1

Air Canada Centre, Toronto, Canada

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/37/1441833309-toronto.png

Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland, OH

http://www.theqarena.com/assets/img/Cavs-Slide2.jpg

PROJECTED LINEUPS

The Raptors
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/3012.png&w=350&h=254http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/2595516.png&w=350&h=254http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/3978.png&w=350&h=254http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/4264.png&w=350&h=254http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/6427.png&w=350&h=254

PTS/G: 102.7 (14th of 30) - Opp PTS/G: 98.2 (3rd of 30)
SRS: 4.08 (6th of 30)
Raptors regular season home record: 32-9
Raptors regular season away record: 24-17

Cleveland Cavaliers
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/6442.png&w=350&h=254
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/2444.png&w=350&h=254
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/1966.png&w=350&h=254
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/3449.png&w=350&h=254
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/6474.png&w=350&h=254
PTS/G: 104.3 (8th of 30) - Opp PTS/G: 98.3 (4th of 30)
SRS: 5.45 (4th of 30)
Cavaliers regular season home record: 33-8
Cavaliers regular season away record: 24-17

Injury Update
Cavaliers: None

Raptors: Jonas Valanciunas (Ankle, out)

lol, please' Key Matchups:

Thompson vs Biyombo
Cavaliers fans vs Canada

Thread goal: 1000.0 posts

https://d13csqd2kn0ewr.cloudfront.net/uploads/image/file/29237/cropped_Untitled-01.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/xTiTnnF8tWIz6hz4B2/giphy.gif

May the best team win!

Nick O
05-15-2016, 06:51 PM
The Homer in me said Cavs in 6!! but if we even win one Ill be satisfied

JordansBulls
05-15-2016, 07:03 PM
I think this is the series that DeMarre Carroll has been waiting for. He wants to shut down Lebron after getting injured last year.

WaDe03
05-15-2016, 07:19 PM

Yanks All Day
05-15-2016, 07:19 PM
Nothing about this series looks good for Toronto:

The Raptors just spent 7 hard-fought games beating Miami while scoring in the 80s in most games. The Cavs have had a week off and look like scoring only 100 is a bad night. Toronto's stars have only had 1 good game together. Cleveland's stars have had 8 straight good games together. Toronto's center looks like he's got a bad ankle. Cleveland is fully healthy. Toronto's role players are streaky at best, even at home. Cleveland's role players have played exceptionally well, whether on the road or at home.

Cleveland has arguably the best THREE players in this series right now. I'd give Toronto 1 game at home at most. Anything else would be entirely different than both teams have shown through 2 rounds so far.

Vampirate
05-15-2016, 07:27 PM
Nothing about this series looks good for Toronto:

The Raptors just spent 7 hard-fought games beating Miami while scoring in the 80s in most games. The Cavs have had a week off and look like scoring only 100 is a bad night. Toronto's stars have only had 1 good game together. Cleveland's stars have had 8 straight good games together. Toronto's center looks like he's got a bad ankle. Cleveland is fully healthy. Toronto's role players are streaky at best, even at home. Cleveland's role players have played exceptionally well, whether on the road or at home.

Cleveland has arguably the best THREE players in this series right now. I'd give Toronto 1 game at home at most. Anything else would be entirely different than both teams have shown through 2 rounds so far.

I'd say the Cavs sweep but I think the Raps have the edge in the PG position and Big position.

It's easy to look good when you have Lebron on your team. Take away Lebron and I like our PG and big position over theirs.

However, Lebron is still a legit superstar so yeah. The rest of what you said is still true.

Nick O
05-15-2016, 07:42 PM
I think this is the series that DeMarre Carroll has been waiting for. He wants to shut down Lebron after getting injured last year.

He can limit lebron maybe. im confident there is no human being, past or present, who could "shut down" Lebron in a 7 game series. 1 game.. maybe... but hes always gonna get his no matter who is on him

Jamiecballer
05-15-2016, 07:44 PM
Somebody mocked me earlier for asking if it wasn't possible that the raptors could represent the eastern conference in the finals. I'd like to know where that joker is. Don't get me wrong, I'd be suprised if they could take 2 games from Cleveland here.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

murphturph
05-15-2016, 07:46 PM
HOLY **** I'm not used to watching the Raptors this far into the season. :) Raps in 7 <3

Nick O
05-15-2016, 08:19 PM
gonna blame all our losses on the refs this series lol

ilovesports
05-15-2016, 08:34 PM
Raps in 7 because thats what they have been doing.
or a Cavs sweep because thats what they have been doing.

Realistically, the Raps do belong here and if everything goes right they have a great chance of making things interesting. So Raps in 7.

FlakeyFool
05-15-2016, 08:44 PM
Raps are deep, it should be fun

FlakeyFool
05-15-2016, 08:45 PM
Casey also shut down lebron when lebron sucked against the mavs...

Kush McDaniels
05-15-2016, 08:54 PM
Not all the Cavs' wins were blowouts. Raps have a chance to win a few close ones.

LanceUpperCut
05-15-2016, 09:06 PM
I mean at the start of the Raps Miami series lots gave TO no chance. I actually like how we match up against Cleveland up front and we have Carroll now one of the best LBJ defenders in the league but if are stars don't come out on fire and are 3pt shooters don't make shots then we have no chance.

Kush McDaniels
05-15-2016, 09:15 PM
I mean at the start of the Raps Miami series lots gave TO no chance. I actually like how we match up against Cleveland up front and we have Carroll now one of the best LBJ defenders in the league but if are stars don't come out on fire and are 3pt shooters don't make shots then we have no chance.

I just hope Mozgov and TT don't cancel out guys like JV and BB. Raps are gonna need to be able to throw someone other than just Carroll at LBJ. Ross isn't a legit option. JJ will likely get some burn. PatPat did a good job switching on to Wade, but LeBron is at another level.

Nick O
05-15-2016, 09:46 PM
I just hope Mozgov and TT don't cancel out guys like JV and BB. Raps are gonna need to be able to throw someone other than just Carroll at LBJ. Ross isn't a legit option. JJ will likely get some burn. PatPat did a good job switching on to Wade, but LeBron is at another level.

Tristan thompson is the perfect big to stop ours. Biyombo wont get all thos offensive boards over him and JV cant go at him 1v1 like he did with Whiteside. any wins we get are gonna come down to Klow and Demar having games like today, and Carroll somehow limiting Lebron to realistic nummbers

Raps18-19 Champ
05-15-2016, 09:49 PM
The Cavs should kill the Raptors.

Jays Claw
05-15-2016, 09:51 PM
Cavs in 6.

The Raps making it this far has labeled the season a success! However, it would leave a bad taste in the mouths of everyone if they just bent-over, and folded for the Cavs. I can see Toronto winning 2 games here. Hopefully, they put up a fight and show all those down South that WE THE NORTH CAN ****ING BALL! GO RAPS!

CHANGO
05-15-2016, 09:54 PM
I just don't see any advantage for the Raps against the Cavs. Maybe only Lowry bullying Irving on the offensive end. But Thompson is a great defender and rebounder, he can limit Biyombo's rebounds and energy. He can also switch and cover DeRozan or Lowry.

If Valanciunas is playing Cavs can throw Mozgov in to defend him in the post, or just go contrarian and play Frye and Love so Valanciunas have to go out to the 3pt line and defend him.

I know Lebron is going to dominate, maybe Kyrie will not be so effective against the Raps defense, but I'm putting this on Love, he's the difference maker. He's going to matchup against Patterson, not disrespecting Patterson but he can't defend Love on the post.

The SG matchup if Carroll is defending Lebron and Lowry, Kyrie, DeRozan will be guarding JR, if they decide to run JR through screens off the ball that could tire DeRozan. Also JR have been playing great D in this playoffs.

We'll see how it goes. I'm going to say Cavs in 5.

CHANGO
05-15-2016, 09:56 PM
BTW, my prediction history on this playoffs is pretty bad. I said Westbrook was the biggest key if the Thunder wanted to win against the Spurs (he kind of was) but I also said the Spurs would win in 5... So... Raptors fans... Enjoy your ride to the Finals. Raps win in 6 games. :D

Vee-Rex
05-15-2016, 10:03 PM
Valaciunas scares me, and maybe Lowry to a lesser extent. In the end I think the Cavs ability to get buckets will be the determining factor.

The Cavs defense should be a little better this series. Cavs in 5, with a long shot for 6 if Toronto plays well.

GodsSon
05-15-2016, 10:08 PM
Cavs in 7.

We won't be able to overcome LeBron, but we're good enough to scare them and push them to the limit.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-15-2016, 10:57 PM
Cavs in 5. Raptors need Lowry to play like he has in the past few games to even steal a game.

Nick O
05-16-2016, 12:39 AM
Valaciunas scares me, and maybe Lowry to a lesser extent. In the end I think the Cavs ability to get buckets will be the determining factor.

The Cavs defense should be a little better this series. Cavs in 5, with a long shot for 6 if Toronto plays well.

this is how I feel. we have a shot at 6 and that would be a great way to end for us. final 4 teams without just rolling over, proving to everyone it wasnt a fluke. but im with the consensus Cavs in 5

IKnowHoops
05-16-2016, 04:55 AM

Everything you say reflects your hope

IKnowHoops
05-16-2016, 05:03 AM
I'm gonna say Cavs sweep. There 3pt game is just to strong right now. The Cavs have gone super saiyin

SensandRaps
05-16-2016, 10:56 AM
i do think the raptors are overmatched (if they keep playing like how they have been in the playoffs), that being said i dont think its going to be a sweep. Cavs in 5 maybe if raps are lucky then 6. If the raps can start clicking like how they did in the regular season it becomes a toss up (raps did win the season series, granted one of the wins was on a last second game winner)

torontosports10
05-16-2016, 11:43 AM
We will be lucky to win a game.

R. Johnson#3
05-16-2016, 11:57 AM
Cavs have been hot as hell but just had a week and a bit to cool off while Toronto is riding some serious momentum into Cleveland. If the Raptors are able to steal game 1 I say it's Raptors in 6.

Pfeifer
05-16-2016, 12:09 PM
I'm gonna say Cavs sweep. There 3pt game is just to strong right now. The Cavs have gone super saiyin

This is pretty much my opinion too unfortunately. Not to say the Raps can't win this series of all things go their way but not likely. Highly motivated Cavs playing super happy to be there Raps team. One of the worst teams in the NBA at defending the 3 against a very good 3pt shooting team. Not to mention Lebron. Schumpert could **** down DD. I'm praying JVal can come back but at what capacity. Kevin Love is another thing. Clear advantage at the PF position. For the Raps to have a chance it will take Lowry scoring 30+ a game, DD 30+ and JVal dominating on the glass which won't happen with Thompson. Will be interesting to see which way the refs lean as well. Foul trouble is the great equalizer lol.

Byronicle
05-16-2016, 12:45 PM
Did the OP not watch the Miami Heat series or something? Why is Powell a starter for the Raptors and not Demarre Carroll?

Vee-Rex
05-16-2016, 01:58 PM
This is pretty much my opinion too unfortunately. Not to say the Raps can't win this series of all things go their way but not likely. Highly motivated Cavs playing super happy to be there Raps team. One of the worst teams in the NBA at defending the 3 against a very good 3pt shooting team. Not to mention Lebron. Schumpert could **** down DD. I'm praying JVal can come back but at what capacity. Kevin Love is another thing. Clear advantage at the PF position. For the Raps to have a chance it will take Lowry scoring 30+ a game, DD 30+ and JVal dominating on the glass which won't happen with Thompson. Will be interesting to see which way the refs lean as well. Foul trouble is the great equalizer lol.

On paper it just seems like the Cavs will be too much for the Raptors.

But the Raptors have played us really well the last 2 years. If they can make it a slow, physical series like the Bulls did last year then it could easily be a tough series.

pebloemer
05-16-2016, 02:11 PM
On paper it just seems like the Cavs will be too much for the Raptors.

But the Raptors have played us really well the last 2 years. If they can make it a slow, physical series like the Bulls did last year then it could easily be a tough series.

That is exactly what they'll need to do in order to stand a chance. But the Cavs star power should be enough to take over even if the Raps succeed in the slow, grind it out style that they've been dictating for most of the playoffs.

lol, please
05-16-2016, 04:19 PM
Cavs have been hot as hell but just had a week and a bit to cool off while Toronto is riding some serious momentum into Cleveland. If the Raptors are able to steal game 1 I say it's Raptors in 6.

Well said.

Pfeifer
05-16-2016, 05:21 PM
Im honestly just hoping for a competitive series.

Kush McDaniels
05-16-2016, 05:48 PM
Raps have a habit of playing down to lesser teams' levels. Lets see how they handle being the underdog.

Bostonjorge
05-16-2016, 06:02 PM
Cavs in a forgettable sweep

Halladay
05-16-2016, 08:24 PM
Cavs in 5. Raps will squeek one out with a heroic performance from someone...and that's about it. I'll be surprised if this series goes past 5. Making it to 6 would be a small victory for the Raps TBH.

Eagles4Lyfe
05-16-2016, 08:50 PM
I like how people keep thinkimg the Cavs are godly or are the Warriors.
Beating the Hawks and Pistons who aren't as deep doesn't make you unruly.

Cavs tried and were healthy against us all year but just couldn't contain our depth and Lowrys clutch shooting.

Raps in 7. The Heat scared me more.

Leggoo

LA_Raiders
05-16-2016, 08:54 PM
Cavs in 5 or 6. Cleveland's big cry 3 will be too much for them.

Wade n Fade
05-17-2016, 12:24 AM
Would be great for the Cavs to lose game 1 somehow. Maybe they can back to playing that 30 for 30 on how bad Cleveland is to motivate themselves lol?

ewing
05-17-2016, 12:56 AM
thought i was going to be the only idiot that took the raps in 7

prodigy
05-17-2016, 01:54 AM

Lebrons really scared of Carroll.

Cavs in 4. Maybe 5 its gonna be a quick series.

Cal827
05-17-2016, 04:14 AM
Yeah, I agree with you guys, this one is likely gonna be a quick massacre.

Raptors in 4 :dance:

prodigy
05-17-2016, 04:44 AM

It just sucks, After the Cavs kick the sh** out of the Raptors I'm gonna have to wait prob another week until the Warriors/OKC series is over to see the Cavs play again. smh... The struggle

Vee-Rex
05-17-2016, 11:46 AM

Here's to an entertaining ECF, bro.

:cheers:

OceanSpray
05-17-2016, 01:07 PM
I like how people keep thinkimg the Cavs are godly or are the Warriors.
Beating the Hawks and Pistons who aren't as deep doesn't make you unruly.

Cavs tried and were healthy against us all year but just couldn't contain our depth and Lowrys clutch shooting.

Raps in 7. The Heat scared me more.

Leggoo

What part of the Heat scared you more? Luol Deng playing center? I like how people think the Heat are a more dangerous team than the Cavs. Sorry but not even Pat Riley would agree with that and sorry to burst your bubble, your own COACH said the Cavs are playing like the best team in the NBA. "Godly or are the Warriors"? Mind you, Houston Rockets won a game against the Warriors. Blazers made it incredibly competitive for a squad that had nothing going for them in the offseason. Oklahoma City just took them down in game 1. I wouldn't put the Warriors synonymous-ly with Godly. Pistons and Hawks are by all accounts, a better team than the Rockets and Blazers. Secondly, Pistons starting five can destroy any starting five on any given night. Their bench needs some improvement but I hope you realize, the 7th seed in the East would be enough to rank 5th in the Western Conference. Meaning, East has been better than the West this season. Maybe not the top teams but other than Warriors/Thunder/Spurs, East are right there.

Here's the fact: DeRozan is leaving Toronto and can give a rat's *** if they lose or win. J.R. Smith will outplay him, most likely.

Toronto has no post presence. Biyombo is great... against McRoberts and Deng. Try doing that with Tristan and Love. Losing Val was a big hit for them because he's their most efficient player.

This is a Cavs sweep. The only way Toronto gets one game is if Lowry goes ape**** on them like he did in the regular season.

Why do you mention regular season anyways? Did you know Pistons beat Cavs 2-1 in the regular season? Last season, did you know the Bulls beat Cavs 3-1 in the regular season? All regular season proves is that you won a game. It's really that simple. We're talking about winning the championship here. Toronto is not ready. Cleveland is on a mission.

Bostonjorge
05-17-2016, 01:11 PM
James is having his career low in scoring these playoffs and not even the teams leading scorer. James can sit and Cavs still win in 4.

OceanSpray
05-17-2016, 01:24 PM
James is having his career low in scoring these playoffs and not even the teams leading scorer. James can sit and Cavs still win in 4.

Well, let's not forget why that is happening.

He's averaging a career high in assists per 36 minutes for the playoffs (excluding last season where he literally had the ball the entire game).
He's averaging a near career high in reboudns per 36 minutes for the playoffs (excluding last season where the rebounds had to be grabbed by him with Love being out).
He's blowing away the average in steals as well.

So what we're seeing is LeBron playing a more Magic-like role; which is what many people had hoped would happen when he signed with the Cavs again. It's working and it will work because LeBron doesn't have to score for this team to win. He does however, have to play defense, rebound the ball, push the pace, make the right passes, and take over if his team is just really off. That's the beauty of LeBron. You can get someone who can score and dominate you offensively or you can get the guy who just picks you apart by passing. I've never seen a player do both at the highest level. Chris Paul is the only guy who comes to mind recently but he was never the offensive force LeBron was and is.

R. Johnson#3
05-17-2016, 01:32 PM
Here's the fact: DeRozan is leaving Toronto and can give a rat's *** if they lose or win. J.R. Smith will outplay him, most likely.

Toronto has no post presence. Biyombo is great... against McRoberts and Deng. Try doing that with Tristan and Love. Losing Val was a big hit for them because he's their most efficient player.

This is a Cavs sweep. The only way Toronto gets one game is if Lowry goes ape**** on them like he did in the regular season.

Whether DeRozan is leaving or not he has a work ethic that's second to none. I can say with confidence that he cares a lot. He's also slowly been getting better each game.

Toronto is lacking a post presence with JV out but I think you're missing the point with Biyombo. Biyombo's game is hustling and defence. All of his points come from lobs, put backs and free throws. TT and Mozgov don't have much to worry about with guarding Biyombo but you're going to see why everyone in Toronto loves this guy. He doesn't take a single play off. His motor is always running. While TT is a banger as well he's going to have his hands full with trying to keep Biyombo off the boards.

You guys had what, 10 days off? I expect the King to be ready but 10 days is a long time in between games for all those other guys. JR could go back to his regular post season self and become a bricklayer again. My eyes are on Kyrie and K Love though. Will they be able to maintain their focus after such a long time off? Sure you guys are rested but we're riding an emotional high right now and our all star PG has finally flipped the switch and turned in 3 straight awesome games. The Raptors are in unchartered territory right now and just came off an all around dominant team performance in game 7. The pressure is on Cleveland to maintain their level of play.

OceanSpray
05-17-2016, 01:44 PM
Whether DeRozan is leaving or not he has a work ethic that's second to none. I can say with confidence that he cares a lot. He's also slowly been getting better each game.

Toronto is lacking a post presence with JV out but I think you're missing the point with Biyombo. Biyombo's game is hustling and defence. All of his points come from lobs, put backs and free throws. TT and Mozgov don't have much to worry about with guarding Biyombo but you're going to see why everyone in Toronto loves this guy. He doesn't take a single play off. His motor is always running. While TT is a banger as well he's going to have his hands full with trying to keep Biyombo off the boards.

You guys had what, 10 days off? I expect the King to be ready but 10 days is a long time in between games for all those other guys. JR could go back to his regular post season self and become a bricklayer again. My eyes are on Kyrie and K Love though. Will they be able to maintain their focus after such a long time off? Sure you guys are rested but we're riding an emotional high right now and our all star PG has finally flipped the switch and turned in 3 straight awesome games. The Raptors are in unchartered territory right now and just came off an all around dominant team performance in game 7. The pressure is on Cleveland to maintain their level of play.

Is it okay to say that the Heat without Whiteside/Bosh lacked any post presence and thus, weren't a good team at all? That Heat team does not make the NBA Playoffs. I hate to say it but the fact we even got this close was impressive.

Your point with Biyombo is acknowledged. I like his intensity and ability to hustle but there's a difference here. Justice Winslow and Luol Deng with Josh McRoberts (who needs to get out of this team quicker than I can blink) as your frontcourt would get destroyed even by my local basketball team. They don't have any size and didn't against Biyombo. Cleveland has size. They have the ability to dominate them in the post, glass, and shooting as well. Biyombo will make Tristan work but Tristan is Biyombo on steroids. There is no way Biyombo outrebounds Tristan given that both of them are on the court together.

Lastly, uncharted territory is a bit of an exaggeration. The Cavs are on uncharted territory. They just destroyed the three point shooting record by a long mile. They just swept the Hawks -- who would have beaten this Raptors team in all honesty. The ten days off might have the Cavs starting off slow but I don't see how Raptors pull this off at all. I would need to see more than from what I saw against the Heat.

Nick O
05-17-2016, 01:44 PM
I love caroll but there still no way he or any player can stop lebron when hes having a good day. best you can do is "limit" him which means he scores 20-25 but then love and irving and smith all have to be off.... **** this just sounds impossible lol

OceanSpray
05-17-2016, 01:46 PM
I love caroll but there still no way he or any player can stop lebron when hes having a good day. best you can do is "limit" him which means he scores 20-25 but then love and irving and smith all have to be off.... **** this just sounds impossible lol

Exactly. And this is also assuming that Lowry+DeRozan play great.. which hasn't looked too appealing in the playoffs. The odds of Raptors pulling this off would be the biggest upset in NBA in recent memory.

OceanSpray
05-17-2016, 01:48 PM
Also, the fact some Raptors fans are mentioning Biyombo as a reason for the Cavs to be slightly worried just shows how desperate it is for Raptors to find some help. No, seriously. Do you guys really think Biyombo will be that much of a force?

Vampirate
05-17-2016, 01:50 PM
Here's the fact: DeRozan is leaving Toronto and can give a rat's *** if they lose or win.

And we Raptors fans wish him the best of luck to whatever team he lands on that's not the Raptors.

R. Johnson#3
05-17-2016, 01:52 PM
Is it okay to say that the Heat without Whiteside/Bosh lacked any post presence and thus, weren't a good team at all? That Heat team does not make the NBA Playoffs. I hate to say it but the fact we even got this close was impressive.

Your point with Biyombo is acknowledged. I like his intensity and ability to hustle but there's a difference here. Justice Winslow and Luol Deng with Josh McRoberts (who needs to get out of this team quicker than I can blink) as your frontcourt would get destroyed even by my local basketball team. They don't have any size and didn't against Biyombo. Cleveland has size. They have the ability to dominate them in the post, glass, and shooting as well. Biyombo will make Tristan work but Tristan is Biyombo on steroids. There is no way Biyombo outrebounds Tristan given that both of them are on the court together.

Lastly, uncharted territory is a bit of an exaggeration. The Cavs are on uncharted territory. They just destroyed the three point shooting record by a long mile. They just swept the Hawks -- who would have beaten this Raptors team in all honesty. The ten days off might have the Cavs starting off slow but I don't see how Raptors pull this off at all. I would need to see more than from what I saw against the Heat.

We'll agree to disagree then. I'm confident Biyombo can out muscle TT and win that matchup.

Uncharted territory isn't an exaggeration at all. We've never been to the ECF. The Cavs are not in uncharted territory. They were just there last year lol.

R. Johnson#3
05-17-2016, 01:55 PM
Also, the fact some Raptors fans are mentioning Biyombo as a reason for the Cavs to be slightly worried just shows how desperate it is for Raptors to find some help. No, seriously. Do you guys really think Biyombo will be that much of a force?

I mentioned Biyombo because your assessment of him was misinformed. But sure, tell yourself I said Biyombo should give you reason to worry.

OceanSpray
05-17-2016, 02:04 PM
We'll agree to disagree then. I'm confident Biyombo can out muscle TT and win that matchup.

Uncharted territory isn't an exaggeration at all. We've never been to the ECF. The Cavs are not in uncharted territory. They were just there last year lol.

Uncharted territory as in they made it to the ECF? Buddy, two teams have to make it there regardless of how good they are. It's almost like if the Cavs were the only NBA team in the East and the others are filled with your local soccer team trying to play basketball. One of those teams will be in the ECF just because it has to happen. Cavs are in uncharted territory. They are playing the best basketball we have seen them play in the two seasons they are together. We are seeing LeBron not being the scoring leader (still the best player, though) while Kyrie is on a tear offensively. We are seeing Kevin Love being the double-double machine he was for the Wolves. We are seeing J.R. Smith shooting lights out in the playoffs -- something he has never done efficiently. Cavs are playing their best basketball. Are you telling me the Raptors are doing that as well? Because I would need some tangible proof, not just that "They are in the ECF."

Secondly, your point of Biyombo as I have stated is already proven to me. I saw him dominate the Heat... who had no choice but to play small ball because Bosh and Whiteside were there. Do you think Biyombo dominates if Whiteside and Bosh are there? Do you really think Biyombo dominating Josh McRoberts and Luol Deng is impressive? It's good, he did his job. Now, you're going up against a frontcourt that is massive compared to the Heat. Plus, you contradict yourself there. If you don't think Biyombo should give the Cavs any reason to worry (which is what I am saying), how am I being misinformed?

SensandRaps
05-17-2016, 02:04 PM

the way i see it for starting 5's that is
thompson and biyombo are about equal
love is way better then whoever the raps start at pf
james is way better then carroll
derozan is quite a bit better then JR
lowry has a slight edge over irving

in terms of the bench i would say the raps have the advantage

starting 5 wise cavs have an advantage but depending on the rotations are run the raps definitely have a chance to make some noise

OceanSpray
05-17-2016, 02:11 PM

starting 5 wise cavs have an advantage but depending on the rotations are run the raps definitely have a chance to make some noise

Thompson and Biyombo are not about equal but if you want to roll with that, sure.
I agree with Love.
I agree with LeBron. I think him alone carrying any team would beat this Raptors squad.
I disagree with DeRozan being quite a bit better than J.R -- at least for the Playoffs. The thing with DeRozan is he's not a great three point shooter. So his wacky shooting percentage is a huge concern considering it's entirely made up of two point shot attempts. That also doesn't take into the fact that he's taking a bunch of shots and does so in a low IQ attempt of playing hero ball. He's taking valuable possessions from his team away and yes, that tends to be just fine against a team like Miami but against an elite team such as the Cavs, every possession matters. The beautiful part of J.R. is that when he's hot, everyone loves him. Plus, he doesn't take possessions away from the star players. J.R. will be the most effective shooting guard in this series but DeRozan will score more points.
I don't think Lowry has a slight edge on Irving. I think it's quite even, honestly. How are we evaluating this? Lowry is the better overall player but Irving is a much better scorer. Cavs don't need Irving to be an all-around player because LeBron does that for them. So I don't see a huge issue for them there.

This should be a sweep. Don't get me wrong, I am hoping for a competitive series. One series is competitive as hell and the other being a pure beatdown is not great for the league. But, let's face it...

Vee-Rex
05-17-2016, 02:14 PM

This will be a very interesting matchup. They're similar players. Looking at their per 36-min stats, it seems like TT is the better offensive rebounder and BB is the better defensive rebounder.

Part of the reason TT doesn't pull as many defensive rebounders is because Love is a terrific rebounder and LeBron won't hesitate to pull them down either. TT does fairly well at boxing out and so others tend to get them too. The fact that TT can still pull down 10+ rebounds in per 36 minutes with THOSE two shows how talented he is.

Allow me to praise TT some more...

TT is such a black hole in offensive rebounding that teams force themselves to game-plan around it. During the course of a game, he won't be dominating non-stop, but there's gonna be stretches where you'll feel like throwing your phone because TT is pulling down O-Rebounds.

He's averaging an eye-popping 6.3 offensive rebounds per 36 in these playoffs. 6.3! And that's against the likes of Horford/Milsap/Drummond.

You might be right... it's very much possible that BB out-muscles TT. But in the playoffs TT turns it up (as he did last year), and he's quite literally a monster down there.

I like that you brought up the match-up. It'll be fun to see!

Nick O
05-17-2016, 02:26 PM
Exactly. And this is also assuming that Lowry+DeRozan play great.. which hasn't looked too appealing in the playoffs. The odds of Raptors pulling this off would be the biggest upset in NBA in recent memory.

Thats why the homer in me wants to say wel take it 6. but i think Lowry will get us one at home. and we may push one other game to the limit. but i dont see this being close

Vampirate
05-17-2016, 02:27 PM
Imo if i'm a Cavs fan I'd hope my team takes out Toronto before JV even becomes a factor.

The Cavs need the Thunder and Warriors to wear themselves out while they need to ideally sweep the Raptors.

If the series goes beyond 5 games i'd be disappointed as a Cavs fan.

Nick O
05-17-2016, 02:29 PM

they have lebron james. thats the issue.. caroll might be the best guy left in the playoffs to guard lebron.. but its still lebron, and hes gonna get his

Nick O
05-17-2016, 02:31 PM
This will be a very interesting matchup. They're similar players. Looking at their per 36-min stats, it seems like TT is the better offensive rebounder and BB is the better defensive rebounder.

Part of the reason TT doesn't pull as many defensive rebounders is because Love is a terrific rebounder and LeBron won't hesitate to pull them down either. TT does fairly well at boxing out and so others tend to get them too. The fact that TT can still pull down 10+ rebounds in per 36 minutes with THOSE two shows how talented he is.

TT is such a black hole in offensive rebounding that teams force themselves to game-plan around it. During the course of a game, he won't be dominating non-stop, but there's gonna be stretches where you'll feel like throwing your phone because TT is pulling down O-Rebounds.

He's averaging an eye-popping 6.3 offensive rebounds per 36 in these playoffs. 6.3! And that's against the likes of Horford/Milsap/Drummond.

You might be right... it's very much possible that BB out-muscles TT. But in the playoffs TT turns it up (as he did last year), and he's quite literally a monster down there.

I love thompsons game, and hes gonna be so hyped all series, in cleve or toronto hes essentially playing a home game. i say best case scenario Biyombo cancels him out, but i give the edge to TT

SensandRaps
05-17-2016, 02:34 PM
Thompson and Biyombo are not about equal but if you want to roll with that, sure.
I agree with Love.
I agree with LeBron. I think him alone carrying any team would beat this Raptors squad.
I disagree with DeRozan being quite a bit better than J.R -- at least for the Playoffs. The thing with DeRozan is he's not a great three point shooter. So his wacky shooting percentage is a huge concern considering it's entirely made up of two point shot attempts. That also doesn't take into the fact that he's taking a bunch of shots and does so in a low IQ attempt of playing hero ball. He's taking valuable possessions from his team away and yes, that tends to be just fine against a team like Miami but against an elite team such as the Cavs, every possession matters. The beautiful part of J.R. is that when he's hot, everyone loves him. Plus, he doesn't take possessions away from the star players. J.R. will be the most effective shooting guard in this series but DeRozan will score more points.
I don't think Lowry has a slight edge on Irving. I think it's quite even, honestly. How are we evaluating this? Lowry is the better overall player but Irving is a much better scorer. Cavs don't need Irving to be an all-around player because LeBron does that for them. So I don't see a huge issue for them there.

This should be a sweep. Don't get me wrong, I am hoping for a competitive series. One series is competitive as hell and the other being a pure beatdown is not great for the league. But, let's face it...

curious as to how you think thompson is better than biyombo? Im all for discussion just want to see your POV

as weird as derozans shooting has been and i do agree with the low basketball IQ this is the easiest matchup he is going to have in the playoffs. Derozan vs Ellis, then wade and now smith. Its safe to say that Smith is the worst defensive player out of those 3 so I wouldnt be surprised to see a better shooting percentage and more consistency out of derozan. I also wouldnt be surprised to see Shump play big minutes so the raps need to take advantage when they can.

I would say Lowry has the edge on Irving. Irving is the better scorer I agree but since you brought it up I looked at Irvings past stats and his stats when lebron was in Miami and his stats now are very similar. He is a scorer who on occasion helps out elsewhere. Lowry has improved his ability to score over the last 4 years while consistently having a better average rebounds, assists, steals and lowry turns the ball over less on average as well. Lowry has also dominated the matchup during the season as well. The only reason I consider it a slight edge is because as you stated Lebron does more of the heavy lifting but lets not pretend that Irvings stats took a huge hit when Lebron came back to cleveland.

OceanSpray
05-17-2016, 02:51 PM
curious as to how you think thompson is better than biyombo? Im all for discussion just want to see your POV

as weird as derozans shooting has been and i do agree with the low basketball IQ this is the easiest matchup he is going to have in the playoffs. Derozan vs Ellis, then wade and now smith. Its safe to say that Smith is the worst defensive player out of those 3 so I wouldnt be surprised to see a better shooting percentage and more consistency out of derozan. I also wouldnt be surprised to see Shump play big minutes so the raps need to take advantage when they can.

I would say Lowry has the edge on Irving. Irving is the better scorer I agree but since you brought it up I looked at Irvings past stats and his stats when lebron was in Miami and his stats now are very similar. He is a scorer who on occasion helps out elsewhere. Lowry has improved his ability to score over the last 4 years while consistently having a better average rebounds, assists, steals and lowry turns the ball over less on average as well. Lowry has also dominated the matchup during the season as well. The only reason I consider it a slight edge is because as you stated Lebron does more of the heavy lifting but lets not pretend that Irvings stats took a huge hit when Lebron came back to cleveland.

Tristan is a reliable player who has pulled through for Cleveland when it matters the most. We saw that when he stepped his game up the entire playoffs last season. He doesn't play only because his team gets outsized. He plays and he does his job better than anyone can respectively. Biyombo hasn't proven anything, really. He outrebounded Myles Turner, Luol Deng, Josh McRoberts, and Justice Winslow. None of those players are centers besides Turner and Turner is a rookie. Thompson has outrebounded elite players. I just don't think they're equal because one player has proven to be able to produce when it matters whereas the other hasn't proven anything. There's value to that.

It isn't safe to say J.R. Smith is the worst defender of the three. He's actually stepped his defensive game up big time. He was covering Kyle Korver last series and Korver could rarely find a wide open shot so he passed it back. He's stepped his game up there. Smith isn't a 2nd option player and that is what the Cavs had to do with limited option last season. With his role as a 3-5th player option, I expect Smith to step his game up.

As for Irving and Lowry, meh, it's way too even to tip the scale. I don't have an issue with Lowry being better than Irving. However, playoffs is telling a different story right now. Lowry has been terrible pretty much offensively. Kyrie has been absolutely sensational offensively. Raptors need Lowry to be an all-around player while Cavs don't need Kyrie to do so.

Vee-Rex
05-17-2016, 02:55 PM
Imo if i'm a Cavs fan I'd hope my team takes out Toronto before JV even becomes a factor.

The Cavs need the Thunder and Warriors to wear themselves out while they need to ideally sweep the Raptors.

If the series goes beyond 5 games i'd be disappointed as a Cavs fan.

Truth. +1

JV would feast on us.

SensandRaps
05-17-2016, 03:23 PM
Tristan is a reliable player who has pulled through for Cleveland when it matters the most. We saw that when he stepped his game up the entire playoffs last season. He doesn't play only because his team gets outsized. He plays and he does his job better than anyone can respectively. Biyombo hasn't proven anything, really. He outrebounded Myles Turner, Luol Deng, Josh McRoberts, and Justice Winslow. None of those players are centers besides Turner and Turner is a rookie. Thompson has outrebounded elite players. I just don't think they're equal because one player has proven to be able to produce when it matters whereas the other hasn't proven anything. There's value to that.

It isn't safe to say J.R. Smith is the worst defender of the three. He's actually stepped his defensive game up big time. He was covering Kyle Korver last series and Korver could rarely find a wide open shot so he passed it back. He's stepped his game up there. Smith isn't a 2nd option player and that is what the Cavs had to do with limited option last season. With his role as a 3-5th player option, I expect Smith to step his game up.

As for Irving and Lowry, meh, it's way too even to tip the scale. I don't have an issue with Lowry being better than Irving. However, playoffs is telling a different story right now. Lowry has been terrible pretty much offensively. Kyrie has been absolutely sensational offensively. Raptors need Lowry to be an all-around player while Cavs don't need Kyrie to do so.

For Thompson and Biyombo if you look at the matchups, Thompson averaged roughly 9 points and 11 rebounds in 33 minutes vs the Raps and Biyombo averaged roughly 11 and 7 in 24 minutes vs the Cavs. Head to head in similar playing time I really do think they will pretty much cancel each other out (More minutes for Biyombo but a more consistent and tough matchup in Thompson)

did you really use Kyle korver to defend JR Smiths defensive game? Korver is a one trick pony when it comes to offence. As bad as derozans basketball IQ is he has multiple ways to score.

Vee-Rex
05-17-2016, 03:33 PM
For Thompson and Biyombo if you look at the matchups, Thompson averaged roughly 9 points and 11 rebounds in 33 minutes vs the Raps and Biyombo averaged roughly 11 and 7 in 24 minutes vs the Cavs. Head to head in similar playing time I really do think they will pretty much cancel each other out (More minutes for Biyombo but a more consistent and tough matchup in Thompson)

did you really use Kyle korver to defend JR Smiths defensive game? Korver is a one trick pony when it comes to offence. As bad as derozans basketball IQ is he has multiple ways to score.

JR is a decent defender. It's easy to assume that "chuckers" are defensive liabilities but I'd say you need to get caught up with the times if you think JR is a bad defender.

R. Johnson#3
05-17-2016, 03:36 PM

Definitely will be. I'm not underestimating him either. I didn't see any of the Detroit series but I saw a couple of the Atlanta games and yeah, he ate glass. It's going to be a back and forth matchup but I just have faith in my guy. No disrespect to TT either but for tonight I definitely like the thought of an energized Biz going up against a rested TT.

SensandRaps
05-17-2016, 03:36 PM
JR is a decent defender. It's easy to assume that "chuckers" are defensive liabilities but I'd say you need to get caught up with the times if you think JR is a bad defender.

im not saying he is bad, but if you take ellis,wade and smith i would say he is the worst out of the 3. I was also kind of surprised that Kyle Korver was used to defend JR's defensive game

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-17-2016, 04:05 PM
Cavs in 5. Raptors are good enough to win one.

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-17-2016, 04:07 PM
All this analysis is fun... but let's be real... Lebron isn't losing to this Raptors team.

Jamiecballer
05-17-2016, 04:30 PM
the Raptors have the second best player in this series and an edge in depth. i like Cleveland in 5 or 6 but i won't be shocked if the Raptors push Cleveland to 7 games.

Nick O
05-17-2016, 04:56 PM
All this analysis is fun... but let's be real... Lebron isn't losing to this Raptors team.

this lol. im trying to see a bright side. but i still think wed lose in 6 or 7 even if they didnt have Lebron..

CHANGO
05-17-2016, 05:26 PM
the Raptors have the second best player in this series and an edge in depth. i like Cleveland in 5 or 6 but i won't be shocked if the Raptors push Cleveland to 7 games.

HUH? 2nd best player? In this playoffs the Cavs Big Three have been better than anything the Raps have. And I don't know about the whole Raptors depth...

Delly, Shumpert, Frye and Mozgov are solid players coming off the bench, you can even throw Jefferson too only bench players doing something for the Raptors are Joseph and Ross.

Plus you throw in Lebron playing with those bench players and you have basically a better bench thanks to the Lebron effect.

canzano55
05-17-2016, 05:55 PM
All this analysis is fun... but let's be real... Lebron isn't losing to this Raptors team.Lebron owns the refs - I bet he goes to the line and shoots more than 18/19 free throws a game this series.

Sly Guy
05-17-2016, 06:14 PM

I said we had no chance last series too. I still believe that here. I mean, that kind of thought process worked last round, maybe discounting our boys is the thing to do? Cavs in 5.

Love the raptors' fans' optimism though. Raps in 7? Really? lol

Iron24th
05-17-2016, 06:22 PM
I would be surprised if it takes the cavs more than 5 games to win this series.

OceanSpray
05-17-2016, 06:29 PM

Korver is a one trick pony but that doesn't mean he is easy to close out. He's one of the best three point shooters out there. J.R. Smith did a great job of closing him out and he rarely shot the ball. Don't read into it but J.R. Smith's defense is underrated this season. Plus, I don't think you realize just how bad Wade's defense has been so it's not as if we're talking about superior two-guards defending here.

Cal827
05-17-2016, 06:35 PM
I think another question would be: If Toronto somehow gets by Cleveland, how big of an upset is it compared to others in NBA history?

OceanSpray
05-17-2016, 06:44 PM
I think another question would be: If Toronto somehow gets by Cleveland, how big of an upset is it compared to others in NBA history?

Just behind the 2007 GSW vs Dallas to be honest. Toronto has no chance on paper and in-game.

Necrosis
05-17-2016, 07:22 PM
HUH? 2nd best player? In this playoffs the Cavs Big Three have been better than anything the Raps have. And I don't know about the whole Raptors depth...

Delly, Shumpert, Frye and Mozgov are solid players coming off the bench, you can even throw Jefferson too only bench players doing something for the Raptors are Joseph and Ross.

Plus you throw in Lebron playing with those bench players and you have basically a better bench thanks to the Lebron effect.

They have been better and better as a team, Lowry is hurt, he seems to be coming back into form the last few games. He is better then both Love and Irving, it's close on offense, but in terms of defense and intangibles Lowry is near the top of the league in both, he lead the league in charges last year, and is a leader. It's close, but I would argue Lowry is a better player on paper. Swap lowry for love or irving, I don't think we win 56 games.

We are going to keep it close, that's what we do, Lebron will likely dominate us. We do better with deeper teams then teams with superstars, we had no answer for George.

Should be interesting, without JV we don't have a chance of winning.

Jamiecballer
05-17-2016, 07:33 PM

The second best player in this series is Kyle Lowry and it's not particularly close regardless of how much he struggled in the first 8 or 9 games of the playoffs. Basketball is a game played on 2 ends my friend. Not one.

goingfor28
05-17-2016, 07:39 PM
Is Valanciunas out for the series?

SensandRaps
05-17-2016, 07:51 PM
Is Valanciunas out for the series?

out for game 1 and is considered day to day

MTL_123
05-17-2016, 07:53 PM
they really need to get rid of this nba countdown crew their so boring

Wade n Fade
05-17-2016, 08:54 PM
Let's go Raptors!

Jamiecballer
05-17-2016, 08:57 PM
Pretty pathetic crowd

Halladay
05-17-2016, 08:59 PM
Pretty pathetic crowd

Yeah it's like a funeral. They're only responding to big plays. Also, the Cavs announcer is awful.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Halladay
05-17-2016, 09:01 PM
Zero D being played

Nikeman
05-17-2016, 09:05 PM
Did both teams forget defense was a part of the game?

Vee-Rex
05-17-2016, 09:10 PM
Cavs still looking hot.

When Derozan/Lowry go to the bench, who's gonna score?

Nikeman
05-17-2016, 09:13 PM
Cavs blowing this open

More-Than-Most
05-17-2016, 09:15 PM
Lebron James is wet

Vee-Rex
05-17-2016, 09:17 PM
Delly playing for a Max contract lol

bucketss
05-17-2016, 09:17 PM
Lol this will get embrassing if we can't hit open shots, we're not facing scrub teams anymore.

More-Than-Most
05-17-2016, 09:18 PM
Holy ****ing **** James showing everyone who the best in the world is

MTL_123
05-17-2016, 09:20 PM
god damn lebron

MTL_123
hpe shumper isnt hurt

Nikeman
Lets hope Shump is ok...

I thought Caroll was an "elite" defender... he's getting blown by every play LOL

nycericanguy
05-17-2016, 09:22 PM
TOR might be the worst 56 win ECF team ever... I had a feeling this would be a blowout series after seeing TOR struggle so much against MIA. MIA was running out a lineup that probably wouldn't even have made the playoffs in that series.

OceanSpray
05-17-2016, 09:22 PM
Lets hope Shump is ok...

I thought Caroll was an "elite" defender... he's getting blown by every play LOL

Caroll is a great defender but LeBron's size is just too much. He's getting destroyed by every post up play and they aren't forcing LeBron to shoot. This is the easiest LeBron has ever gotten to the basket. Hell, Shumpert didn't even pass LeBron the ball because he saw an open lane as well. Toronto needs some paint presence. You won't ever beat LeBron without that. EVER.

OceanSpray
05-17-2016, 09:23 PM
I know you guys saw that LeBron defense on DeRozan. When he wants to, he is still the best two-way player in this league. He was just guarding Biyombo earlier too.

Nikeman
05-17-2016, 09:25 PM
I know you guys saw that LeBron defense on DeRozan. When he wants to, he is still the best two-way player in this league. He was just guarding Biyombo earlier too.

Yeah.. LeBron not even letting Derozan shoot...

Nikeman
05-17-2016, 09:27 PM
It took a quarter for Cleveland to learn defense again but my god this team looks good...

believeinNYK
05-17-2016, 09:27 PM
cavs are playing so confidently that even richard jefferson is driving in tryna dunk over people, thats some disrespect :laugh:

bucketss
05-17-2016, 09:29 PM
lehgoooooooooooooooooooo

Nikeman
05-17-2016, 09:31 PM
Every single Cavs starter is actually in the - in the +/- stat except LeBron who's +12... thats "Valuable"

More-Than-Most
05-17-2016, 09:33 PM

I wish he would do it all season long but I get why he doesnt.... His defense all playoffs long has just been insanity.

More-Than-Most
05-17-2016, 09:33 PM
Lol Lebron is gonna cost Droze some money after this series.

archdevil84
05-17-2016, 09:34 PM
Korver is a one trick pony but that doesn't mean he is easy to close out. He's one of the best three point shooters out there. J.R. Smith did a great job of closing him out and he rarely shot the ball. Don't read into it but J.R. Smith's defense is underrated this season. Plus, I don't think you realize just how bad Wade's defense has been so it's not as if we're talking about superior two-guards defending here.

if youre talking regular season i could maybe agree, but for the playoffs wade stepped up BIG time defensively

Halladay
05-17-2016, 09:35 PM
Carroll has been getting shredded but you gotta wonder if those fouls are making him play a bit scared. He's not a bad defender.

Nikeman
05-17-2016, 09:36 PM
My god... Kyrie's handles are just sick

goingfor28
05-17-2016, 09:37 PM
Kyries handle, good lord

Yanks All Day
05-17-2016, 09:38 PM
When the Raptors played the Heat, Miami was starting most 4th quarters in the 60-65 point range. Cleveland will have close to 70 by halftime of each game. Completely different animal in the ECF.

eDush
05-17-2016, 09:39 PM
DeRezon playing like a max player now...can it last?!?!?
:dance:

bucketss
05-17-2016, 09:40 PM
When the Raptors played the Heat, Miami was starting most 4th quarters in the 60-65 point range. Cleveland will have close to 70 by halftime of each game. Completely different animal in the ECF.

not surprising considering the talent disparity between them and the rest of the east.

Nikeman
05-17-2016, 09:40 PM
So happy Cleveland is lighting up this garbage Toronto team... (yes I'm still a salty Heat fan)

ghettosean
05-17-2016, 09:42 PM
Carroll has been getting shredded but you gotta wonder if those fouls are making him play a bit scared. He's not a bad defender.

He's playing hurt Casey said before this game that he wasn't right but he wants to play.

OceanSpray
05-17-2016, 09:42 PM
These Raptors are terribly coached or have the lowest IQ I've seen for a 56 win team or Cleveland's defense really is that good. They have taken 16 threes while Cleveland has only taken 5. They need to get to the paint and draw some fouls. They look scared but this is what I have been saying all along. Cleveland is on a mission. Raptors are just thankful they lived another day.

numba1CHANGsta
05-17-2016, 09:45 PM
The only people who should be watching this game/series are Cavs/LeBron fans.

Vee-Rex
05-17-2016, 09:46 PM
Toronto is guarding the hell out of the 3pt line. Cavs attacking the rim hard and getting easy points. It's why we're only 4/8 from deep.

I wonder what adjustment Casey will make at the half. If he decides to pack the paint then... rut roh. Ask Atlanta how that went.

canzano55
05-17-2016, 09:47 PM
I have nothing against Cleveland or its fans - I'm sure its a great sports town with great fans.

But when I think that the Cavaliers got two sympathy first round picks within the last 6 years with Lebron wanting to go back and on top of that their payroll is 108 million...yeah...**** you.

#reasontobesalty

bucketss
05-17-2016, 09:50 PM
how do you guard a team that all 5 players can knock down the 3.

lol, please
Relax Raptor fans, you're good luck charm, 'ol lol, P has arrived!

Two quarters...one mission.

Lets' do this!!!

Leeeet's gooooo Raaaaaptors!!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Nick O
if someone besides demar wants to hit a shot... that would be great. also im sorry. I LOVE LOWRY . and he might be a better defender.. but i fail to see how hes a better player than Irving. kyrie makes the game look so easy.

mike_noodles
05-17-2016, 09:51 PM
Raps look severely over matched.

numba1CHANGsta
05-17-2016, 09:51 PM
I have nothing against Cleveland or its fans - I'm sure its a great sports town with great fans.

But when I think that the Cavaliers got two sympathy first round picks within the last 6 years with Lebron wanting to go back and on top of that their payroll is 108 million...yeah...**** you.

#reasontobesalty

That's how the NBA works, everything is predetermined. The league wanted LeBron to win it last year but didn't know that Irving and Love would get injured. So, they're gonna make sure he wins it this year and to make sure of it they're gonna make sure they sweep yet again and make sure the GSW/OKC series goes 7 games.

Nick O
05-17-2016, 09:52 PM
how do you guard a team that all 5 players can knock down the 3.

4 of their 5 starters can score from anywhere on the ****ing floor. its impossible. like i dont understand how clev didnt win 73. on paper this team is ****ing unstoppable.

Halladay
05-17-2016, 09:54 PM
if someone besides demar wants to hit a shot... that would be great. also im sorry. I LOVE LOWRY . and he might be a better defender.. but i fail to see how hes a better player than Irving. kyrie makes the game look so easy.

No excuse but hasn't Lowry been playing hurt? an elbow or shoulder for a while now? I realize this is a bad argument given how he had a few great games against Miami but I remember reading something about an arm injury.

Nick O
05-17-2016, 09:54 PM
Lol Lebron is gonna cost Droze some money after this series.

Demar the only guy who showed up

Nick O
05-17-2016, 09:56 PM
No excuse but hasn't Lowry been playing hurt? an elbow or shoulder for a while now? I realize this is a bad argument given how he had a few great games against Miami but I remember reading something about an arm injury.

but even then. Lowry is an amazing hustler, he does the little things better than irving. but offensively i havnt seen a guard that smooth in ages, how easy does he make it look , he can create his own shot so efficiently, he can drive and finish under pressure, he can hit the 3. its impressive

bucketss
05-17-2016, 09:57 PM
even if we get swept atleast we have a top 10 pick.

thanks knicks. :D

Nick O
05-17-2016, 09:59 PM
i love you biyombo.. dont do that pose down 16 plz

Nick O
05-17-2016, 10:00 PM
even if we get swept atleast we have a top 10 pick.

thanks knicks. :D

yo ECF and a top 10 pick is a damn good season most wouldnt have seen comin 2 years ago!!

lol, please
05-17-2016, 10:08 PM
Refs swallow their whistles. Can't say I am surprised.

ghettosean
05-17-2016, 10:12 PM

You are correct he is playing hurt... He's had an elbow injury for quite sometime now and he'll yes he's better than Kyrie.

Chi-guy13
05-17-2016, 10:16 PM
Truly sad how boring this ECF is going to be. Bird, Isiah Thomas, MJ, Reggie, Ewing etc... really shaking their heads at how much the league has been watered down. Miss the old NBA

canzano55
05-17-2016, 10:16 PM
Kyle has been diabolical with his ball handling...jesus christ

canzano55
05-17-2016, 10:17 PM
Truly sad how boring this ECF is going to be. Bird, Isiah Thomas, MJ, Reggie, Ewing etc... really shaking their heads at how much the league has been watered down. Miss the old NBAIs that the Raptors fault though?

Vee-Rex
05-17-2016, 10:18 PM
4 of their 5 starters can score from anywhere on the ****ing floor. its impossible. like i dont understand how clev didnt win 73. on paper this team is ****ing unstoppable.

We don't play as intense in the regular season. The amount of crap we got was just insane.

I'm also feeling that we've sort of turned a corner. We're much much better at passing. Imagine if Lue got an off season.

Vampirate
05-17-2016, 10:29 PM
Pretty much another difference maker needs to team up with Wade, Lowry, George etc to stand a chance against the Cavs imo.

Chi-guy13
05-17-2016, 10:30 PM
Is that the Raptors fault though?
I didnt say it was anyones fault. I think colluding of star players is the problem. There needs to be some sort of a balance in the league. Also, defense has declined alot since back in the day, and thats also a problem in todays nba.

LA_Raiders
05-17-2016, 10:30 PM
This series may end up with the lowest tv ratings ever.

eDush
05-17-2016, 10:35 PM
I think this is the series that DeMarre Carroll has been waiting for. He wants to shut down Lebron after getting injured last year.Carroll is shutting down King James like he never been shut down before and it's scary.

Bostonjorge
05-17-2016, 10:44 PM
Can't wait for tomorrow to watch basketball

LanceUpperCut
05-17-2016, 10:52 PM
Come on people it's bad but don't overreact. The Raps had literally zero days to prep for this. Even SA destroyed OKC in game 1. Raps still have no chance but it won't be like this every night.

Seizabmc
05-17-2016, 10:54 PM
What an embarrassment for the league to have to show this game on national television as there headline matchup . Ecf .
The raptors are trash !
I'm sure the league is just as disappointed as me .

I knew the raptors were gonna lose , but I didn't expect them to get blown out

bucketss
05-17-2016, 10:58 PM
What an embarrassment for the league to have to show this game on national television as there headline matchup . Ecf .
The raptors are trash !

just came off a game 7 two days ago, vs a stacked team and raps are missing their starting center. whats surprising? any east team would get slapped today.

Bigbadmoffo
05-17-2016, 10:59 PM
The raptors are trash !

Did you say the same when the Spurs blew out the Thunder in the first game?

eDush
05-17-2016, 11:03 PM
Come on people it's bad but don't overreact. The Raps had literally zero days to prep for this. Even SA destroyed OKC in game 1. Raps still have no chance but it won't be like this every night.but the Thunder has a chance? ....I see where this going now:(

bucketss
05-17-2016, 11:04 PM
watching some cavs fans on local tv these people are so obnoxious :pity:

eDush
05-17-2016, 11:06 PM
watching some cavs fans on local tv these people are so obnoxious :pity:and Heat fans are not??

Nikeman
05-17-2016, 11:12 PM
and Heat fans are not??

Uhm these days Warrior fans are the new bandwagon/annoying fans..

lol, please
05-17-2016, 11:13 PM
:sad2:

This series isn't over! Time to make a statement game 2.

Nikeman
05-17-2016, 11:18 PM
At this rate, the Cavs will get another 8-10 days of rest before the Finals, with their starters playing under 30 minutes a game in the ECF... Jesus

LanceUpperCut
05-17-2016, 11:19 PM
Come on people it's bad but don't overreact. The Raps had literally zero days to prep for this. Even SA destroyed OKC in game 1. Raps still have no chance but it won't be like this every night.but the Thunder has a chance? ....I see where this going now:(

Well considering the already beat SA Id say yes they had a chance.

bootsy
05-17-2016, 11:20 PM
:sad2:

This series isn't over! Time to make a statement game 2.

It is over. Give me a break. Like Stephen A Smith said it was over before it started. Toronto is probably like the 10th best team in the league. They needed two 7 game series to get to this point. Struggling with the Pacers and the crippled Heat. Toronto worse than Atl last year.

Bostonjorge
05-17-2016, 11:22 PM
Only hope for the Raptors is HOPE it self.

ghettosean
05-17-2016, 11:25 PM
I think this is the series that DeMarre Carroll has been waiting for. He wants to shut down Lebron after getting injured last year.Carroll is shutting down King James like he never been shut down before and it's scary.

He did have a wrist injury in the last series that he hasn't recovered from.

NFLNBA
05-17-2016, 11:34 PM
East is such a damn joke. Another coast/walk to finals for whatever all-star team Lebron teams up with. Its becoming comical though to watch Lebron fail in finals yet again. He will be what 2-8 lol

bucketss
05-17-2016, 11:35 PM
It is over. Give me a break. Like Stephen A Smith said it was over before it started. Toronto is probably like the 10th best team in the league. They needed two 7 game series to get to this point. Struggling with the Pacers and the crippled Heat. Toronto worse than Atl last year.

maybe some of those better teams should have grabbed the 2nd seed so they could have been in the raptors position.

eDush
05-18-2016, 12:11 AM
and Heat fans are not??

Uhm these days Warrior fans are the new bandwagon/annoying fans..Heat will always have the most annoying fans in the entire league, if not the world. You guys talk big like you can walk on others but you lost to the Raptors with DeRozen playing like a scrub but the Cavs beat them with DD playing like a max player...so if that bitter taste is too hard to swallow for you, blah blah blah too bad.

Nikeman
05-18-2016, 12:23 AM
Heat will always have the most annoying fans in the entire league, if not the world. You guys talk big like you can walk on others but you lost to the Raptors with DeRozen playing like a scrub but the Cavs beat them with DD playing like a max player...so if that bitter taste is too hard to swallow for you, blah blah blah too bad.

Lmfao when did you become a Warriors fan? This year or last... Haven't seen you post before GS became good lol.

They beat us without our best player... And we still took them to 7 games. I love how you are a Warriors fan talking trash about the Miami Heat, on a Cavs/raptors thread... shows how classy you are...

WaDe03
05-18-2016, 12:45 AM
Lmfao when did you become a Warriors fan? This year or last... Haven't seen you post before GS became good lol.

They beat us without our best player... And we still took them to 7 games. I love how you are a Warriors fan talking trash about the Miami Heat, on a Cavs/raptors thread... shows how classy you are...

2nd and 3rd best player. Your point still stands though.

WaDe03
05-18-2016, 12:50 AM
Heat will always have the most annoying fans in the entire league, if not the world. You guys talk big like you can walk on others but you lost to the Raptors with DeRozen playing like a scrub but the Cavs beat them with DD playing like a max player...so if that bitter taste is too hard to swallow for you, blah blah blah too bad.

Derozan had 18 points 5 assists and nothing else he was also -22. How is that max player material?

bucketss
05-18-2016, 01:03 AM
and Heat fans are not??

sore losers, and bad winners from my observation. but than again you can say that about most fans minus a few!

Nick O
05-18-2016, 01:12 AM
this was so uncomfortable to watch

Tony_Starks
05-18-2016, 01:18 AM
That Kyrie guy is pretty good....

IKnowHoops
05-18-2016, 01:23 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::l augh:

OMgoodness. I just read this thread from page 3 to end. There are few things funnier than watching the roller coaster of thoughts from Homers and Haters after watching the game first. Its like I relived the game from one post to the next. Thanks this capped off the night perfectly.

The raptors do not have the second best player on the court. That would be Kyrie easily. Regular season sure. Playoffs, its not even close. Kyrie has had a higher PER than Lebron throughout these playoffs. It took him all season to get back to playing good ball, but he finally is back. Plus the two stars of Toronto have been playing pretty garbage.

The biggest change I have seen in this team is Lebron. He is not being ball dominant at all. He's basically just playing SF like a SF not point PF. He's rotating the ball and giving the other guys a chance to shine instead of dictating every single thing that happens. He's trusting his team and they are taking ownership as a team instead of Lebron taking ownership of the team. In short, it seems like Lebron has figured out finally how to play with superstars and make them better, and by doing so, made the game much easier on himself.

The Cavs are winning the championship this year. Barring injuries, Cavs are taking it. Don't care who they see in the finals. Its to easy out there for Lebron, and Kyrie and Love are playing to there potential, as well as all the roll guys fitting in perfectly.

Season over!
Cavs 2016 NBA champs.

believeinNYK
05-18-2016, 01:23 AM
maybe some of those better teams should have grabbed the 2nd seed so they could have been in the raptors position.

Well most of those teams are in the west so its kinda hard

believeinNYK
05-18-2016, 01:26 AM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::l augh:

OMgoodness. I just read this thread from page 3 to end. There are few things funnier than watching the roller coaster of thoughts from Homers and Haters after watching the game first. Its like I relived the game from one post to the next. Thanks this capped off the night perfectly.

The raptors do not have the second best player on the court. That would be Kyrie easily. Regular season sure. Playoffs, its not even close. Kyrie has had a higher PER than Lebron throughout these playoffs. It took him all season to get back to playing good ball, but he finally is back. Plus the two stars of Toronto have been playing pretty garbage.

The biggest change I have seen in this team is Lebron. He is not being ball dominant at all. He's basically just playing SF like a SF not point PF. He's rotating the ball and giving the other guys a chance to shine instead of dictating every single thing that happens. He's trusting his team and they are taking ownership as a team instead of Lebron taking ownership of the team. In short, it seems like Lebron has figured out finally how to play with superstars and make them better, and by doing so, made the game much easier on himself.

The Cavs are winning the championship this year. Barring injuries, Cavs are taking it. Don't care who they see in the finals. Its to easy out there for Lebron, and Kyrie and Love are playing to there potential, as well as all the roll guys fitting in perfectly.

Season over!
Cavs 2016 NBA champs.

Its sad for me to admit it but the way they are playing i think youre right

nastynice
05-18-2016, 02:20 AM
Oh my god, just saw that Kyrie behind the back crossover.

Filthy

****in FILTHY!

I saw the cavs live earlier this year, it was cool to watch lebron but Kyrie sat out, I was legit pissed. He was the guy I wanted to see, his game is so beautiful. Every time I watch him I can't help but think about d rose :(

nastynice
05-18-2016, 02:22 AM
Cavs looking like the best team in the league right now, by far. Went from sizzling behind the 3 pt line to a ****in dunk competition! lol, every angle, they got it covered

Nick O
05-18-2016, 02:36 AM

Season over!
Cavs 2016 NBA champs.

im not gonna comment on whos winning the ship. but this is what im saying. Irvings ability to score trumps lowry's all around game. Lowry has an excellent game, a game I love and a game few guards possess. hes a better rebounder and defender but the way Kyrie plays looks so effortless. Obviously im not liking it since hes our opponent but hes such a thrill to watch play the game, hes so smooth and in control, hes a much better scorer than nash but Nash, Kyrie and Iverson are the only guys i can recall who can move SO FAST yet remain in such amazing control. The way he can create his ow shot off the dribble and drain it, work of art. Hes not just the second best scorer in the series hes one of the best in the league, super fun guy to watch, can score from anywhere finish through anything, gifted as hell.

Nick O
05-18-2016, 02:40 AM
Cavs looking like the best team in the league right now, by far. Went from sizzling behind the 3 pt line to a ****in dunk competition! lol, every angle, they got it covered

This. its CRAZY these teams finished ONE game apart. like the raptors were almost the 1 seed lol. The Playoff cavs are just a whole different team. like i said on paper theyre possibly the best team in the league, they dont have the bench of GSW or OKC but its not bad, and starting 5 im taking theirs over anyone elses, even GSW.

CHANGO
05-18-2016, 02:48 AM
The second best player in this series is Kyle Lowry and it's not particularly close regardless of how much he struggled in the first 8 or 9 games of the playoffs. Basketball is a game played on 2 ends my friend. Not one.

Playoffs Stats
Kyrie Irving - 24.7pts, 50%FG, 53% 3p%, 2rpg, 5.4apg, 1.3spg, 1bpg, 1.7 TOpg in 35.7mpg
Kyle Lowry - 17.9pts, 36%FG, 26% 3p%, 4.7rpg, 6.6apg, 1.8spg, 0.1bpg, 3.1 TOpg in 39mpg

You make it sound like he has been playing extremely well in the last games, of course, compared to the beginning of the playoffs he's playing better. But let's not fool ourselves here he had just 3 games shooting over 40% on this playoffs.

You said it best, basketball is a game played on 2 ends of the court, Lowry have better defense than Kyrie but Kyrie is playing good defense on this playoffs. He was bad on the RS but now he's just putting effort and is better. Meanwhile Lowry is hurting his team shooting those horrible % while Kyrie is defending pretty good while scoring more points than Lowry and doing it extremely efficient for a PG.

CHANGO
05-18-2016, 02:49 AM
Lets hope Shump is ok...

He's just waiting for next game to lockdown Lebron, just wait and see...

CHANGO
05-18-2016, 02:55 AM
We don't play as intense in the regular season. The amount of crap we got was just insane.

I'm also feeling that we've sort of turned a corner. We're much much better at passing. Imagine if Lue got an off season.

I noticed that too... It just seems they finally are hitting their potential, this is what everyone expected from them on the offensive end. They are just playing so great on that side of the court. Frye was a huge addition and I can't believe people are comparing Biyombo with Thompson and Raptors bench with Cavs bench.

More-Than-Most
05-18-2016, 03:02 AM
East is such a damn joke. Another coast/walk to finals for whatever all-star team Lebron teams up with. Its becoming comical though to watch Lebron fail in finals yet again. He will be what 2-8 lol

You mean whatever team Lebron turns into an all star team? He could take 3 of us and 65 year old Hawkeye and wed become max players and would push the warriors to 6 games in the finals.

More-Than-Most
05-18-2016, 03:04 AM
The cavs have had it harder than the warriors except the cavs are actually playing great.... the warriors finally faced an above average team that isnt hurt and they lost.... Pistons/Hawks/raptors-------------> the teams the warriors have played minus the spurs.... These are good teams its just the cavs are hot at the right time and bron is showing why he takes it easy in the regular season.

Everyone was praising the raptors/heat/hawks during the season but now in the playoffs as soon as they go up against James and he destroys them its THE EAST IS TRASH lol... You guys need new material.

CHANGO
05-18-2016, 03:04 AM
I just love how always the argument is "cakewalk for Lebron" but they don't recognize how good the Cavs have been playing. I don't care what team you put there, the Cavs would be winning. PERIOD. They are playing the best basketball on this playoffs, even better than the 73-9 Warriors.

Hawks and Raptors are great defensive teams, so don't bring the "they are playing weak teams" argument.

More-Than-Most
05-18-2016, 03:07 AM
I just love how always the argument is "cakewalk for Lebron" but they don't recognize how good the Cavs have been playing. I don't care what team you put there, the Cavs would be winning. PERIOD. They are playing the best basketball on this playoffs, even better than the 73-9 Warriors.

Hawks and Raptors are great defensive teams, so don't bring the "they are playing weak teams" argument.

Yup its an insane hot streak... can they sustain it? maybe maybe not but the competition isnt putrid.... these teams arent as good as the thunders/spurs but after those 2 teams the east is better than the west.... pacers/heat/raptors will all be better next year.... lebron and the cavs are just white hot right now

TO Rapz
05-18-2016, 03:17 AM
I'm a Raptor fan and Kyrie > Kyle Lowry. In the regular season when those hustle plays add up, Lowry is great. The problem is in the playoffs, the game slows down and your true talent shows. While Lowry is talented, one of his biggest talents is his hustle and grit. He's simply not as talented as Kyrie, and even the best defensive guards can't keep Kyrie in front of them.

Like its said, give me a great offense over a great defense any day. Kyrie is way too crafty. His dribbling is insane and his control with it, he's mastered the skill of how to stop and start with his dribble. So fluent.

Also, Kyrie played pretty good D today. I know Raps fans probably noticed but Cory's been awful since like game 5 vs the Heat and his confidence is gone. Kyrie shat on him today.

ombada
05-18-2016, 04:09 AM

They are playing weaker teams than in the west. teams 2-8 in the east were basically right around the same level, with cleveland being the only team that has a clear championship caliber roster. There is no OKC or SA in the east, this season it was made up of a bunch of Memphis Grizzlies, good team, but not championship quality.

As far as this series is concerned? the Cavs played 8 games leading up to it. The Raps played 14. The Cavs got like 13 days of rest, or some absurd number like that. The Raps got 2. Even if you thought the Raptors had a shot, which i never thought they did, they have to be worn down by now. This has not been a favorable playoffs for them. They were just the best of the rest.

eDush
05-18-2016, 04:19 AM
The cavs have had it harder than the warriors except the cavs are actually playing great.... the warriors finally faced an above average team that isnt hurt and they lost.... Pistons/Hawks/raptors-------------> the teams the warriors have played minus the spurs.... These are good teams its just the cavs are hot at the right time and bron is showing why he takes it easy in the regular season.

Everyone was praising the raptors/heat/hawks during the season but now in the playoffs as soon as they go up against James and he destroys them its THE EAST IS TRASH lol... You guys need new material.
So the Warriors lost the first game in a series due to the refs and they are no longer hot right now? ...:laugh: that's the funniest thing I read on this thread. If it weren't for the refs, the Dubs would sweep this round easy like butter on bread and you know it MTM.

More-Than-Most
05-18-2016, 05:17 AM
So the Warriors lost the first game in a series due to the refs and they are no longer hot right now? ...:laugh: that's the funniest thing I read on this thread. If it weren't for the refs, the Dubs would sweep this round easy like butter on bread and you know it MTM.

I fully expect your team to route the thunder.... but in game 1 the refs did not cause curry to choke and get bent over by westy in the 2nd half... the refs did not force the warriors to just shoot 3s and stop attacking... only in warrior land does 1 missed call equate to the refs costing them the game which is just not factual considering how many calls the warriors have gotten away with as well.

eDush
05-18-2016, 05:48 AM

I fully expect your team to route the thunder.... but in game 1 the refs did not cause curry to choke and get bent over by westy in the 2nd half... the refs did not force the warriors to just shoot 3s and stop attacking... only in warrior land does 1 missed call equate to the refs costing them the game which is just not factual considering how many calls the warriors have gotten away with as well.If it wasn't for that blatant traveling non call, the Warriors would have gotten the ball where Curry would have tied it and in OT, he would have done what he did to the Blazers by scoring with ease and nobody can stop him but the refs prevented that from happening in our home court!!!!!
:mad:

R. Johnson#3
05-18-2016, 05:51 AM
I knew the King would be ready but I was hoping for a little bit of rust from Kyrie and K Love. Not the case. Lebron was just doing as he pleases too. Regardless, I'll be rooting for my guys until the bitter end. Whenever that may be.

LanceUpperCut
05-18-2016, 08:08 AM
Kyrie was one huge advantage over Lowry and that LBJ. He just makes everything so much easier for his teammates.

Tony_Starks
05-18-2016, 09:29 AM
Oh my god, just saw that Kyrie behind the back crossover.

Filthy

****in FILTHY!

I saw the cavs live earlier this year, it was cool to watch lebron but Kyrie sat out, I was legit pissed. He was the guy I wanted to see, his game is so beautiful. Every time I watch him I can't help but think about d rose :(

That behind the back crossover was cold, that's like some And1 type stuff to be pulling in a NBA game!

Kyrie's on a roll, the whole team is really. I don't care that they are playing bums, they are still beating whoever is in front of them. To the point where they are making it look easy.

With the momentum Cleveland has going they are going to be a problem for whoever they face in the Finals.

MTL_123
05-18-2016, 09:37 AM

I know right. Well just brush over the fact that the warriors havent played a serious team in two years until this series :rolleyes:

Injured: Rockers, Cavs, Memphis
This year: two teams that it was a shock they even made the playoffs: Blazers, Rockets

Nick O
05-18-2016, 10:24 AM
I also hate this cakewalk mentality. Ill agree that Detroit, Atlanta, toronto, arent up to the level of clev. But those are three very good, not great but very strong NBA teams that Cleveland is making a joke out of. It's honestly impressive, I to am not a fan of how "watered down" the league has become and how there are only 4 or 5 teams who can realistically win titles these days but winning 13 straight against any nba team let alone thse 3. respect right there

Vee-Rex
05-18-2016, 10:43 AM

Season over!
Cavs 2016 NBA champs.

I like your enthusiasm but I've seen too much disappointment with Cleveland sports teams to get hyped like that right now. We still got a long 7 wins to go.

Vee-Rex
05-18-2016, 10:48 AM
I noticed that too... It just seems they finally are hitting their potential, this is what everyone expected from them on the offensive end. They are just playing so great on that side of the court. Frye was a huge addition and I can't believe people are comparing Biyombo with Thompson and Raptors bench with Cavs bench.

We're definitely looking great. To be honest, if we were still in the regular season, I don't think we'd be playing as well.

The number one thing that our organization preached all season long was HEALTH. The regular season wasn't as important to us because we just wanted the opportunity to be healthy in the playoffs. Now that we're here, our players are giving extra effort at all phases of the game.

I'm still holding my breath. I desperately want us to beat Toronto in 4 games and be fully healthy for the finals. Toronto is capable of extending the series, but I'm hoping we can get the sweep. After that, if we lose in the finals, then we lose. It'll suck, but it won't quite sting the same way it did last year knowing we were missing our players.

Tony_Starks
05-18-2016, 11:31 AM
Torronto shouldn't even be here but don't sleep on the Pistons. Not all sweeps are created equal, they are actually a solid well coached team.

They would've gave your typical team at least a game.

bucketss
05-18-2016, 11:59 AM
Torronto shouldn't even be here but don't sleep on the Pistons. Not all sweeps are created equal, they are actually a solid well coached team.

you're right. some sweeps happen after back to back game 7's with 1 days rest and with your starting c injured. others happen when your more fresh, and your starters are all healthy.

Tony_Starks
05-18-2016, 12:13 PM
you're right. some sweeps happen after back to back game 7's with 1 days rest and with your starting c injured. others happen when your more fresh, and your starters are all healthy.

You're right. Especially if the back to back 7 game series were against teams that had no earthly business pushing you 7 games, with your "allstar" leader setting historic playoff records for horrid shooting.

Nick O
05-18-2016, 12:16 PM

Toronto may get swept but they deserve to be here more than anyone else

bucketss
05-18-2016, 12:24 PM
You're right. Especially if the back to back 7 game series were against teams that had no earthly business pushing you 7 games, with your "allstar" leader setting historic playoff records for horrid shooting.

pretty sure you said miami would push cleveland to 7 games now they have no business even getting to game 7 :eyebrow:

eDush
05-18-2016, 01:21 PM
I also hate this cakewalk mentality. Ill agree that Detroit, Atlanta, toronto, arent up to the level of clev. But those are three very good, not great but very strong NBA teams that Cleveland is making a joke out of. It's honestly impressive, I to am not a fan of how "watered down" the league has become and how there are only 4 or 5 teams who can realistically win titles these days but winning 13 straight against any nba team let alone thse 3. respect right there
That's why the league doesn't want Durant to sign with the Warriors to form the greatest superpower known to mankind while OKC will end up like the Pistons at best maybe if not worse until Westy leaves and he will without KD, which OKC will then need to rebuild in the cellar for a decade like the Lakers and Sixers. That's why the refs will make blatant calls if necessary to insure it will not happen to avoid a watered down league :nod:.

I understand this....do you?

:dance:

CHANGO
05-18-2016, 01:29 PM
They are playing weaker teams than in the west. teams 2-8 in the east were basically right around the same level, with cleveland being the only team that has a clear championship caliber roster. There is no OKC or SA in the east, this season it was made up of a bunch of Memphis Grizzlies, good team, but not championship quality.

As far as this series is concerned? the Cavs played 8 games leading up to it. The Raps played 14. The Cavs got like 13 days of rest, or some absurd number like that. The Raps got 2. Even if you thought the Raptors had a shot, which i never thought they did, they have to be worn down by now. This has not been a favorable playoffs for them. They were just the best of the rest.

Of course there is no OKC or SA in the east, Raps, HEAT, Hawks, Celtics, Hornets, Pacers and Pistons are good teams, and Cavs destroyed 2 of them already. Warriors played the Rockets on the first round, so isn't that a cakewalk? Then played the Blazers who are a good young team but falls in the category of the Pacers and Pistons and now are playing a real good team who was undervalued by a lot of people.

Only team with a rough path so far has been the Thunder, the rest played the same **** so let's not act like the Cavs are the ones getting the easy pass always.

CHANGO
05-18-2016, 01:33 PM

My man. :cheers:

Vampirate
05-18-2016, 01:40 PM
I like your enthusiasm but I've seen too much disappointment with Cleveland sports teams to get hyped like that right now. We still got a long 7 wins to go.

More like 4.

eDush
05-18-2016, 01:45 PM

More like 4.More like 3 unless this series is a best of 15.

R. Johnson#3
05-18-2016, 01:53 PM
^
You two must be really slow.

CHANGO
05-18-2016, 01:54 PM
^

I'm going with one is slow the other is just taking a shot at the Cavs on the Finals. :laugh:

Vampirate
05-18-2016, 02:50 PM
^

Don't know about eDush, but do you really consider the Raptors, the Cavs opponent, really part of the long 7 wins it'll take the Cavs to win a championship?

I'm speaking here as a Raptors fan too.

ManRam
05-18-2016, 03:42 PM
that "demarre carroll" revenge series theory is off to a terrible start....

Chronz
05-18-2016, 04:01 PM
that "demarre carroll" revenge series theory is off to a terrible start....
Yeah the guy hasn't recovered from his injury yet, hes allowing lanes that he never did last year.

CHANGO
05-18-2016, 06:01 PM
Yeah the guy hasn't recovered from his injury yet, hes allowing lanes that he never did last year.

Even healthy he wouldn't do **** against Lebron. Lebron is too damn strong for him.

R. Johnson#3
05-18-2016, 09:03 PM
Don't know about eDush, but do you really consider the Raptors, the Cavs opponent, really part of the long 7 wins it'll take the Cavs to win a championship?

I'm speaking here as a Raptors fan too.

Was on my phone for that one so there were no pics. Didn't realize it was you lol. I mistook what you said.

WaDe03
05-18-2016, 11:05 PM
I am a Cavs fan to end the season in hopes of what Stephen A. said about LeBron being true. Let's go Cavs!

goingfor28
05-19-2016, 04:37 AM
Varsity vs JV. Will be surprised if Toronto even wins one game.

Monta is beast
05-19-2016, 04:55 AM
This is the first year ive actually thought the nba needs to reform playoff seeding. LeBron is the only superstar in the east while the west has steph, durant, westbrook, harden, lillard, cp3 etc, its a cake walk for the cavs to the finals.

nastynice
05-19-2016, 05:26 AM
This is the first year ive actually thought the nba needs to reform playoff seeding. LeBron is the only superstar in the east while the west has steph, durant, westbrook, harden, lillard, cp3 etc, its a cake walk for the cavs to the finals.

It's crazy how head and shoulders above everyone else any lebron team is in the east. I think with the old cavs he woulda been making the finals every year too against this competition. At least back then there were the Bulls, magic, Celtics, all legit squads.

It's weird cuz regular season wise this was an off year for the west and an on year for the east, but once playoffs hit it just felt like the same ol', cavs can sleepwalk thru the east and west on a down year still had 4 legit contenders.

I still don't think I'd agree with reforming playoff format, it'll even out soon enough. Maybe not top to bottom, but just need 1-2 more teams to actually be able to pose a threat to make things fun

nastynice
05-19-2016, 05:32 AM
Damn, remember a few years ago the mavs at the 8 seed were legitimate title contenders! lol, that **** was crazy! That must've been the deepest conference in history

Monta is beast
05-19-2016, 06:04 AM
West has been the dominant conference for a long *** time tho

ghettosean
05-19-2016, 07:21 AM
I'm a Raptor fan and Kyrie > Kyle Lowry. In the regular season when those hustle plays add up, Lowry is great. The problem is in the playoffs, the game slows down and your true talent shows. While Lowry is talented, one of his biggest talents is his hustle and grit. He's simply not as talented as Kyrie, and even the best defensive guards can't keep Kyrie in front of them.

Like its said, give me a great offense over a great defense any day. Kyrie is way too crafty. His dribbling is insane and his control with it, he's mastered the skill of how to stop and start with his dribble. So fluent.

Also, Kyrie played pretty good D today. I know Raps fans probably noticed but Cory's been awful since like game 5 vs the Heat and his confidence is gone. Kyrie shat on him today.

If people want to debate this that's fine but lets put things into perspective....

If you want to say that during the regular season Kyle > Kyrie (when they are both healthy and both played the same amount of games/same amount of rest or close) then cool but people here are saying Kyrie is better than Lowry when he's been hurt the entire playoffs and has barley got any rest on top of that... In the last series he only had a day of rest between games and now he and the Raptors are playing a team who had over a weeks rest and fully healthy where the Raptors have 4 of there 5 starters with some sort of injury.

Also when comparing the 2 teams people need to realize that the Cav's had played the minimum amount of games so far this post season and started the playoffs fully healthy vs the Raptors had there leader hurt to start the playoffs and have played the maximum amount of games up until now. I'm in no way implying the Raptors are better than the Cav's but when people are saying the Raptors don't deserve to be here and **** like that I think people need a reality check. The way people talk about us I feel like we are last years Golden State warriors because we are just "lucky" to be here :facepalm:

Having the 4th best record in the league and a winning record against the west including beating teams like, SA (Best record in franchise history), OKC, LAC... etc. We have lost to Golden State (Best record all time) all 3 times but have not lost by more than 6 points in all 3 games. Just sick of hearing Toronto doesn't deserve to be here garbage... WE ARE HERE and we may not have played our best but we won our games/series and we deserve to be here more than anyone else.

BlueandWhite
05-19-2016, 07:24 AM

I don't think Portland, Houston or Clips would be more of a threat to the cavs then the Raps or Hawks.

The Raptors don't have JV. Lowry, Demar and Carroll all have injuries. They just played 2 very demanding 7 game series and are playing the hottest team in the league on 9 days rest.

So I don't think they are actually AS bad as they look. They are not playing their best game, and Cavs are playing their best basketball all year.

THAT being said, even if raps were healthy, with equal rest, I still the Cavs would win 4-1 MAYBE 4-2. But thats even a stretch. They are just such a better complete team. With better players and MUCH better Playoff mentality.

I just think its unfair to the Cavs to assume the reason they are dominating is because of the weak east. I really feel their are only 3 great teams in the league. One really good team. A whole lot of decent teams and garbage.

The Cavs make the east look way worse then it really is. Props to a great team.

Yanks All Day
05-19-2016, 11:59 AM
The Cavaliers have played the Pistons, Hawks, and Raptors. 148-98 combined W-L.

The Warriors have played the Rockets, Blazers, and Thunder. 140-106 combined W-L.

It's true that the Cavaliers had an easier season schedule, since the West is still better than the East, but the Warriors playoff schedule is easily softer than the Cavs.

Here's the thing: the Cavaliers are easily playing the best basketball in the playoffs. They're making good teams look bad. They're running them out of the gym. LeBron looks like the best player in the world again. Kevin Love is a double-double machine. Kyrie Irving is scoring at will. Their role players are efficient and playing great defense. Most importantly, they're finally healthy. It's not that they're playing bad teams. They're playing good teams and making them look bad.

It's an easy cop out to attribute the Cavs 9-0 playoff start to the East, but they would have run Houston and Portland off the court as well. LeBron, Kyrie, and Love are walking into series as the best 3 players on the court at all times. Sometimes, good teams hit their stride at the right moment. That's exactly what's happening with Cleveland. Can they be beaten? Sure. But an average effort won't do it. They can beat anyone in the league with the way they're playing.

Vampirate
05-19-2016, 12:18 PM
The Cavaliers have played the Pistons, Hawks, and Raptors. 148-98 combined W-L.

The Warriors have played the Rockets, Blazers, and Thunder. 140-106 combined W-L.

It's true that the Cavaliers had an easier season schedule, since the West is still better than the East, but the Warriors playoff schedule is easily softer than the Cavs.

Here's the thing: the Cavaliers are easily playing the best basketball in the playoffs. They're making good teams look bad. They're running them out of the gym. LeBron looks like the best player in the world again. Kevin Love is a double-double machine. Kyrie Irving is scoring at will. Their role players are efficient and playing great defense. Most importantly, they're finally healthy. It's not that they're playing bad teams. They're playing good teams and making them look bad.

It's an easy cop out to attribute the Cavs 9-0 playoff start to the East, but they would have run Houston and Portland off the court as well. LeBron, Kyrie, and Love are walking into series as the best 3 players on the court at all times. Sometimes, good teams hit their stride at the right moment. That's exactly what's happening with Cleveland. Can they be beaten? Sure. But an average effort won't do it. They can beat anyone in the league with the way they're playing.

It's hard to determine because there really isn't another contender in the East besides the Cavs.

CHANGO
05-19-2016, 03:33 PM
If people want to debate this that's fine but lets put things into perspective....

If you want to say that during the regular season Kyle > Kyrie (when they are both healthy and both played the same amount of games/same amount of rest or close) then cool but people here are saying Kyrie is better than Lowry when he's been hurt the entire playoffs and has barley got any rest on top of that... In the last series he only had a day of rest between games and now he and the Raptors are playing a team who had over a weeks rest and fully healthy where the Raptors have 4 of there 5 starters with some sort of injury.

Also when comparing the 2 teams people need to realize that the Cav's had played the minimum amount of games so far this post season and started the playoffs fully healthy vs the Raptors had there leader hurt to start the playoffs and have played the maximum amount of games up until now. I'm in no way implying the Raptors are better than the Cav's but when people are saying the Raptors don't deserve to be here and **** like that I think people need a reality check. The way people talk about us I feel like we are last years Golden State warriors because we are just "lucky" to be here :facepalm:

Having the 4th best record in the league and a winning record against the west including beating teams like, SA (Best record in franchise history), OKC, LAC... etc. We have lost to Golden State (Best record all time) all 3 times but have not lost by more than 6 points in all 3 games. Just sick of hearing Toronto doesn't deserve to be here garbage... WE ARE HERE and we may not have played our best but we won our games/series and we deserve to be here more than anyone else.

All I'm reading is a bunch of excuses. The opinon that he is playing injured or whatever doesn't negate the fact that Kyrie is playing better on the playoffs. If he's playing he should be up to comparison. Nobody is saying Kyrie is a better PG, nobody is saying Kyrie was better on the season. All the posts here are talking about now, and now Kyrie is playing the best Lowry isn't.

ghettosean
05-19-2016, 04:19 PM
All I'm reading is a bunch of excuses. The opinon that he is playing injured or whatever doesn't negate the fact that Kyrie is playing better on the playoffs. If he's playing he should be up to comparison. Nobody is saying Kyrie is a better PG, nobody is saying Kyrie was better on the season. All the posts here are talking about now, and now Kyrie is playing the best Lowry isn't.

It's not an opinion he is injured as well as 4 other starters on the Raptors and these are not excuses everything I've posted are facts. Brushing them off doesn't make them fiction but yes if you want to compare stats in the playoffs yes Kyrie is playing better NOW Kyle Lowry injuries or not.

My point is is when healthy Lowry > Kyrie and the main chunk of my post was addressing people saying the Raptors don't deserve to be here and are lucky :rolleyes: The part you didn't bold using facts not opinions says otherwise.

DoMeFavors
05-19-2016, 04:23 PM
I found the 2014 Toronto Raptors more intimidating and better than this raptors team. I think that team would give Cleveland a better fight.

ghettosean
05-19-2016, 04:26 PM
I found the 2014 Toronto Raptors more intimidating and better than this raptors team. I think that team would give Cleveland a better fight.

We were healthy then so probably but I'm not counting out this team yet (not to win the series but steal a game or 2 possibly).

Bostonjorge
05-19-2016, 04:46 PM
Can't wait for tomorrow to watch some basketball

Jamiecballer
05-19-2016, 05:11 PM
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Season over!
Cavs 2016 NBA champs.
You were saying something about homers and getting caught up in the moment?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Jamiecballer
05-19-2016, 05:16 PM
Playoffs Stats
Kyrie Irving - 24.7pts, 50%FG, 53% 3p%, 2rpg, 5.4apg, 1.3spg, 1bpg, 1.7 TOpg in 35.7mpg
Kyle Lowry - 17.9pts, 36%FG, 26% 3p%, 4.7rpg, 6.6apg, 1.8spg, 0.1bpg, 3.1 TOpg in 39mpg

You make it sound like he has been playing extremely well in the last games, of course, compared to the beginning of the playoffs he's playing better. But let's not fool ourselves here he had just 3 games shooting over 40% on this playoffs.

You said it best, basketball is a game played on 2 ends of the court, Lowry have better defense than Kyrie but Kyrie is playing good defense on this playoffs. He was bad on the RS but now he's just putting effort and is better. Meanwhile Lowry is hurting his team shooting those horrible % while Kyrie is defending pretty good while scoring more points than Lowry and doing it extremely efficient for a PG.
Perspective please. If we rank players based on this postseason it won't look anything like a list of who the best players are in general.

Jamiecballer
05-19-2016, 05:22 PM
I don't care how bad game one was we can still go home 1-1 and I will be happy

Vampirate
05-19-2016, 05:30 PM
We were healthy then so probably but I'm not counting out this team yet (not to win the series but steal a game or 2 possibly).

The other thing is those Nets were not on this Cavs teams level.

Nick O
05-19-2016, 06:59 PM
I don't care how bad game one was we can still go home 1-1 and I will be happy

See on paper this could happen. and in my head that sounds great. I havn;t actually come up with a theory as to how were gonna beat them though. i can see stealing one at home fired up with JV back,, but I cant see how we win against this team, they have matchups for everybody and we have matchups for no one

R. Johnson#3
05-19-2016, 08:22 PM
See on paper this could happen. and in my head that sounds great. I havn;t actually come up with a theory as to how were gonna beat them though. i can see stealing one at home fired up with JV back,, but I cant see how we win against this team, they have matchups for everybody and we have matchups for no one

We just have to grind out a win no matter how ugly it may be.

CHANGO
05-19-2016, 08:25 PM
It's not an opinion he is injured as well as 4 other starters on the Raptors and these are not excuses everything I've posted are facts. Brushing them off doesn't make them fiction but yes if you want to compare stats in the playoffs yes Kyrie is playing better NOW Kyle Lowry injuries or not.

My point is is when healthy Lowry > Kyrie and the main chunk of my post was addressing people saying the Raptors don't deserve to be here and are lucky :rolleyes: The part you didn't bold using facts not opinions says otherwise.

And this whole Lowry > Kyrie thing came out because one Raptors fan said the Raps had the 2nd best player on the court, when reality is, they don't. Thanks for proving my point tho.

CHANGO
05-19-2016, 08:27 PM
Perspective please. If we rank players based on this postseason it won't look anything like a list of who the best players are in general.

Perspective please? Yeah, let's just say Lowry is the 2nd best player on the court when he is playing like **** and Irving is outplaying him. We are talking about now, if you can't understand this then IDK what is wrong with you buddy.

Saddletramp
05-19-2016, 08:32 PM
Can't wait for tomorrow to watch some basketball

Check your TV listings, bro.

Jamiecballer
05-19-2016, 08:32 PM
They are playing great right now, no question. And they are home. But we were right on their heels to the end of the season. We can win some games here. It's not like we are playing some unbeatable team. Just really good.

Jamiecballer
05-19-2016, 08:34 PM
Perspective please? Yeah, let's just say Lowry is the 2nd best player on the court when he is playing like **** and Irving is outplaying him. We are talking about now, if you can't understand this then IDK what is wrong with you buddy.
Ok. So your rankings are subject to change on a game by game basis. Remind me not to waste my time ever talking to you again.

CHANGO
05-19-2016, 08:38 PM
Ok. So your rankings are subject to change on a game by game basis. Remind me not to waste my time ever talking to you again.

LOL... I'm the one not wasting time with you, that's so simple to understand and yet, you don't understand. Good luck with the games and the 2nd best player on the court. :D

Jamiecballer
05-19-2016, 08:54 PM
LOL... I'm the one not wasting time with you, that's so simple to understand and yet, you don't understand. Good luck with the games and the 2nd best player on the court. :D
Most people don't rank players by who is having the best week or two but if you think that makes sense have at it.

Nick O
05-19-2016, 08:59 PM
good **** Demar

Nick O
05-19-2016, 08:59 PM
great sign for Ross. he makes that first one hes on, misses it hes off

ghettosean
05-19-2016, 09:07 PM

And this whole Lowry > Kyrie thing came out because one Raptors fan said the Raps had the 2nd best player on the court, when reality is, they don't. Thanks for proving my point tho.

Sure dude if you feel validated be happy and prosper bro :clap:

Nick O
05-19-2016, 09:25 PM
I love Biz... but **** hes got some awfull *** hands

LanceUpperCut
05-19-2016, 09:41 PM
Holy Christ let them play. Cleveland is tough enough but when their calling all these pansy *** fouls.

Raps don't have the shooters, not even close. Missed wide open threes all playoffs long.

Pfeifer
05-19-2016, 09:42 PM
Officiating is terrible.

LA_Raiders
05-19-2016, 09:43 PM
Raps 16 fouls, Clev 7 fouls...

Looks like the comish wants them rested for the real games.