PDA

View Full Version : Bigger tool Drake or LeBron?

ewing
05-15-2016, 06:21 PM
I vote LeBron. Drake was cool back when he was Jimmy from Degrassi. LeBron has never been cool.

flea
05-15-2016, 06:51 PM
Good question.

On the one hand, Lebron is the megastar society deserves as it moved into the 21st century. Hyper-corporate image, focus-group tested interviews, no real hobbies or interests other than basketball and selling things, an intense ego-driven decision-making process, and an accompanying pillow-soft reputation that is concomitant with golden boy status.

On the other, Drake is a Canadian rich kid who raps about being a celebrity, seemingly can't avoid coming off as a doofus when he speaks, inspires apologists rather than true admirers, and is part of the modern day pop music industry that sees 50+ individuals making a record so that some public face can cobble together a few shreds of poetry he wrote on the crapper over the last 9 months.

Both heavily commercial, both easy to criticize, and both painfully devoid of awareness. I choose Drake as the bigger tool - mainly because Lebron is actually really ****ing good at what he does while Drake is something slightly better than terrible.

ewing
05-15-2016, 06:56 PM
interesting take Flea. I don't think being good at what he does makes LeBron less of a tool though. just makes him more deserving of success in his field.

aman_13
05-15-2016, 07:03 PM
Good question.

On the one hand, Lebron is the megastar society deserves as it moved into the 21st century. Hyper-corporate image, focus-group tested interviews, no real hobbies or interests other than basketball and selling things, an intense ego-driven decision-making process, and an accompanying pillow-soft reputation that is concomitant with golden boy status.

On the other, Drake is a Canadian rich kid who raps about being a celebrity, seemingly can't avoid coming off as a doofus when he speaks, inspires apologists rather than true admirers, and is part of the modern day pop music industry that sees 50+ individuals making a record so that some public face can cobble together a few shreds of poetry he wrote on the crapper over the last 9 months.

Both heavily commercial, both easy to criticize, and both painfully devoid of awareness. I choose Drake as the bigger tool - mainly because Lebron is actually really ****ing good at what he does while Drake is something slightly better than terrible.

I would say Drake is pretty good at what he does. Actually great is the better word.

More-Than-Most
05-15-2016, 07:12 PM
Ewing why bait man? This thread does nothing but show your continual hate for Lebron... Just stop.

The first 2 posts are the 2 biggest Lebron haters on this site and people wonder why the NBA forum is going to ****.

ewing
05-15-2016, 07:20 PM
Ewing why bait man? This thread does nothing but show your continual hate for Lebron... Just stop.

The first 2 posts are the 2 biggest Lebron haters on this site and people wonder why the NBA forum is going to ****.

Sorry, i don't like him. I am curious what people take on this is, if it effects who they will root for, ect.

flea
05-15-2016, 07:23 PM

The NBA forum was **** before I even started posting here. I'm pretty sure a thread about a couple primadonnas won't make matters worse.

And I'm also not a Lebron hater, I just don't like him. I don't like Magic, Kidd, Fisher, Kobe, Curry, Harden, Cousins, Bogut, Rose, or Wade either but they're all great players (some as role players) nevertheless.

murphturph
05-15-2016, 07:41 PM
Neither are tools. Upmost respect for both of em

kdspurman
05-15-2016, 07:44 PM
Nothing good will come of this...

kdspurman
05-15-2016, 07:47 PM

I doubt lebron haters are the reason people don't post as frequently. Also, threads aren't typically closed immediately unless someone happens go catch if immediately, which isn't always the case or realistic. They're closed when seen....

But thanks for your input.