PDA

View Full Version : Your Realistic But Ideal Draft - pre lottery draft edition

PhillyFaninLA
05-13-2016, 07:58 AM
With the Lottery Draft coming up I was wondering what your ideal but realistic draft day looks like.

I enjoy reading your thoughts.

PhillyFaninLA
05-13-2016, 08:07 AM
As a Sixers fan I actually hope we end up with picks 3 and 4 (although I would be happy with 1 or 2 if we took Ingram and not Simmons, just don't trust him and his desire).

We need guards, I'd love us to leave the draft with Dunn and Murray (or Hield or Brown). If we end up with 1 or 2 and draft Ingram and don't get the Lakers pick, I'd like to use Okafor to get us one of the guards and additional compensation. In the event we end up 1 and 4 I'd like to grab Ingram, Dunn or Murray (whichever is available is not both) and use Okafor to trade and get another guard.

Towards the end of the first round with the Heat and Thunder picks I'd love to come away with 2 of the following (McCaw, Prince, Jones, Bembry, Johnson, or Richardson) or package them and try and grab someone like Sabonis, Beasly, or Valentine if none of them fall. I'd love for us to make a trade for a late second or sign as an undrafted free agend Arcidiacono, I'd love to see what he can do off the bench.

Scoots
05-13-2016, 11:19 AM
I would LOVE the Sixers to get 3 and 4.

You said realistic so I can't assume some GM will go stupid and trade a mid 1st pick in a S&T for Barnes and their 1st from the Warriors so they can pick Valentine.

All of the players I liked early in the season for the Warriors have been climbing and climbing the mock drafts as the year has gone on so I think with the Warriors one pick they take Caris LeVert

Scoots
05-13-2016, 11:48 AM
I don't remember the past drafts having the picks after 5 all the way to the middle of the 2nd round being as all-over-the-place as they appear to be this year.

Luwawu, Prince, Hernangomez I've seen from top 10 to 2nd round. Valentine from 6th to 26th. Dunn from 4th to 14th. Sabonis 7th to 24th. LeVert from 16th to 50th.

I wonder how much of the variables is that the traditional talking head "draft experts" have no idea how teams are going to value skilled players over athletes than in the past?

Lucky.
05-13-2016, 12:04 PM
Have the Celtics get a top 2 pick. I'm not picky as to whom they pick. I'll be thrilled with either Simmons or Ingram.

If we get the 3rd or 4th pick, I hope it's packaged in a deal for Cousins.

As for later in the draft, players that I would like: Denzel Valentine, Damontas Sabonis, Timothe Luwawu, Deyonta Davis, Furkan Korkmaz and Taurean Prince.

IKnowHoops
05-13-2016, 12:25 PM
If the Wolves luck up and get the first or second pick, I'm hoping they can flip Ben Simmons out of that. I love Ben. but if we line up with what we should get...the 5th pick, then Id be happy with Hield, or Dunn.