PDA

View Full Version : Will the 2016 Offseason be Fun?

Wade n Fade
05-13-2016, 01:59 AM
So there was hype about this off-season. Will it live up to the hype? Notable free agents include Horford, Durant, Teague, and Rondo to name a few. The draft features two impressive guys at the top, Simmons and Ingram. Two major stars, Paul George and Demarcus Cousins, could be on the move. Several coaches have been let go.

So what are your thoughts on a possibly eventful summer?

IBleedPurple
05-13-2016, 02:10 AM
For the modern era, I think it'll be kinda meh.

jerellh528
05-13-2016, 02:12 AM
May the odds be ever in our favor.

BKLYNpigeon
05-13-2016, 03:11 AM
it won't be that exciting.

after Thunder beat the Spurs, I don't see Durant leaving.

Lebron is staying with the Cavs.

its really just The Demarcus trade.

AllBall
05-13-2016, 07:05 AM
It has the potential to be very exciting but it also has the potential to be very ho hum. It really depends how the GMs of the league are feeling with keeping everything status quo.

SportsFanatic10
05-13-2016, 10:12 AM
I'm not expecting much. I was never one to really think Durant would leave the Thunder, and now after they won the Spurs series that looks more likely then ever. Teague and Rondo don't really move the needle much in terms of excitement, especially with PG being such a strong position throughout the league. I don't see Lebron or George going anywhere, so for me it's just a possible Cousins trade and where Horford ends up that is potentially interesting. For me personally the Whiteside situation is one to keep an eye on as well, with the Heat needing to find a way to pay Wade and then see about other FAs like Deng as well.

PhillyFaninLA
05-13-2016, 10:21 AM
I think it all comes down to what team you are a fan of but I think it will be a more exciting than usual because of the big cap increase and all teams will have some ability to make moves and sign guys.

I think as a Sixers fan it will be exciting, from Embiid to Saric to this Tuesday with the Draft Lottery, to trades, and spending some money on a mid level vet or two (I think we are a year away from really being players in free agency.

I think teams like the Lakers and Celtics could have interesting off seasons. The Bulls could be depending on what they do with Rose, Butler, and Noah, and even the Knicks. They need to improve and without the first round pick this year how do they improve.

PhillyFaninLA
05-13-2016, 10:23 AM
it won't be that exciting.

after Thunder beat the Spurs, I don't see Durant leaving.

Lebron is staying with the Cavs.

its really just The Demarcus trade.

The Clippers and Bulls could see big moves as well.

ewing
05-13-2016, 10:40 AM
depends on how much sex i get

MygirlhatesCod
05-13-2016, 10:51 AM
im sure wherever Howard goes is going to cause a bunch of unnecessary optimism. unless he goes to Portland. if he goes there for some reason I think he does well.

Scoots
05-13-2016, 12:15 PM
The offseason is always fun. We get to learn how the champion had it too easy. How the Sixers are going to/have screwed up another season. And how the pretenders are now the favorites :)

Actually I LOVE the draft and free agency periods. The rest of the manufactured offseason news is fairly boring.

AllBall
05-13-2016, 02:45 PM
The offseason is always fun. We get to learn how the champion had it too easy. How the Sixers are going to/have screwed up another season. And how the pretenders are now the favorites :)

Actually I LOVE the draft and free agency periods. The rest of the manufactured offseason news is fairly boring.

What? You're not looking forward to LeBron, Wade and Carmelo on a banana boat in the Bahamas?

mrblisterdundee
05-15-2016, 12:27 PM
I always find the offseason fun, especially the baseless rumors.