PDA

View Full Version : The Portland Trailblazers

krazylegz
05-12-2016, 01:44 PM
In a season where we saw a record breaking win team,as well as a record breaking loss team,the portland trailblazers in my mind were the surprise of the season. Vegas insiders had their over/under win total at 26.5....2nd worst in the league!!...for this team to not only claim the 5th spot in the tougher western conference,but to be a few ed davis missed free throws from forcing a game 6 to the dubs,is amazing....a tip of the hat to rip city and the portland trailblazers:):):)

JasonJohnHorn
05-12-2016, 02:58 PM
The have been great all year. Losing LMA was a big hit, and they really bounced back from that. Developed young talent, let Lillard explore his potential.

Kudos.

mrblisterdundee
05-12-2016, 03:20 PM
Now if only Terry Stotts could have gotten Coach of the Year credit for making magic with a so-so roster, instead of Steve Kerr being celebrated for basically doing as well as Luke Walton for half a season, with a team that would do well regardless of his presence.
Now Portland just needs to focus on upgrading their front court this offseason. Come on, Al Horford!

Hawkeye15
05-12-2016, 05:21 PM
They have some roster work to do, but they are relatively young, and will get better through maturation. Still need a rim protector, and potentially someone with more size than their smaller guards who can create.

Iron24th
05-12-2016, 05:33 PM
They surprised everyone to say the least.

da ThRONe
05-12-2016, 05:57 PM
If I'm Portland I'm trying to make a deal for Ibaka. His talent is being wasted in OKC and with them paying Kanter and soon Adams it may be best to get something for Serge now. Especially if they can keep Durant and Westbrook.

He'd be a perfect fit on this Portland team.

Scoots
05-12-2016, 07:24 PM
In a season where we saw a record breaking win team,as well as a record breaking loss team,the portland trailblazers in my mind were the surprise of the season. Vegas insiders had their over/under win total at 26.5....2nd worst in the league!!...for this team to not only claim the 5th spot in the tougher western conference,but to be a few ed davis missed free throws from forcing a game 6 to the dubs,is amazing....a tip of the hat to rip city and the portland trailblazers:):):)

Totally left field FYI ... Most people don't know that "rip city" has a close relation to the Warriors. "Rip city" was a radio call for a shot made by Jim Barnett in the 60s, Jim was a Blazer for I think 1 year, he's been the Warriors color guy (and one of the best in the league) for decades.

All credit to the Blazers.

Scoots
05-12-2016, 07:25 PM
Now if only Terry Stotts could have gotten Coach of the Year credit for making magic with a so-so roster, instead of Steve Kerr being celebrated for basically doing as well as Luke Walton for half a season, with a team that would do well regardless of his presence.
Now Portland just needs to focus on upgrading their front court this offseason. Come on, Al Horford!

Kerr didn't get COTY last year he kind of had to get it this year.

Scoots
05-12-2016, 07:26 PM
They have some roster work to do, but they are relatively young, and will get better through maturation. Still need a rim protector, and potentially someone with more size than their smaller guards who can create.

I agree. Teams need to allow time to develop.

LanceUpperCut
05-12-2016, 09:31 PM
Lillard is a legit superstar, one of my favorite players to watch and to me is Steph Curry like. Of course not as good but give him a better supporting cast and he will be up in the MVP talk.

europagnpilgrim
05-12-2016, 10:14 PM
Portland should go after R Anderson and a Howard or Horford type, a feared stretch to give that backcourt more room to attack the paint, a wing defender would be nice but I think they would be more dangerous getting a deep shooting PF and down low defender/enforcer

from what I saw they could have been up 3-1 but you have to crawl before you walk

SensandRaps
05-12-2016, 10:29 PM
faried or ryno should be their targets. Players that would help a ton but wont require portland to break the bank.