PDA

View Full Version : Steph Curry 1st unanimous MVP ever

chi-townlove1
05-10-2016, 12:11 PM
Just announced. :clap: well deserved.

It's official: Steph Curry has won MVP for second straight year, becoming first unanimous MVP in NBA history.

Tony_Starks
05-10-2016, 12:12 PM
I will be dogged....they FINALLY got one right!

Much deserved.

Big Zo
05-10-2016, 12:13 PM
Did the one douche lord that voted against LeBron in 2013 not have a vote?

Wade n Fade
05-10-2016, 12:18 PM
I wonder why nobody gave a #1 vote to Lillard, LeBron, or someone who is the bonafide leading star on a squad? I guess nobody wants to be known as "that guy" who voted against Steph? I wonder when voter fatigue will kick in?

chi-townlove1
05-10-2016, 12:24 PM
Uh. Is Curry not the bonafice star on that team?.. While Draymond may be the "leader", Steph is without doubt the biggest star in this league.

likemystylez
05-10-2016, 12:30 PM
I wonder why nobody gave a #1 vote to Lillard, LeBron, or someone who is the bonafide leading star on a squad? I guess nobody wants to be known as "that guy" who voted against Steph? I wonder when voter fatigue will kick in?

well, he won it last year and was prob one of the top 3 most improved players this year.

Im just waiting for the players to vote james harden as the true MVP again this summer

Tony_Starks
05-10-2016, 12:31 PM
Steph is so good the haters haven't even caught up to him yet!

That's deserving of a MVP in itself!

ghettosean
05-10-2016, 12:38 PM
Most dominant player since Michael Jordan.... Last night reminded us of that!!!

Slug3
05-10-2016, 12:53 PM
Its deserving, there have been a few others years as well with Lebron and Shaq coming to mind. But glad the voters got it right this year at least.

FOXHOUND
05-10-2016, 12:54 PM
He's a fookin' legend.

Tony_Starks
05-10-2016, 01:00 PM
Kyle Lowry received 6 points worth of votes.

I don't care if it was for 5th place, whoever did that needs their voting privileges revoked!

Scoots
05-10-2016, 01:18 PM
Curry has always had good timing.

Cruzin
05-10-2016, 01:35 PM
It's shocking how quickly he's become the most dominant player of his generation.

Sorry, LeBron. Your kingdom never dominated the land like this.

Scoots
05-10-2016, 01:47 PM
The most games with at least 3 threes: 67 (previous: 55)
The most games with at least 4 threes: 54 (previous: 40)
The most games with at least 5 threes: 43 (previous: 27)
The most games with at least 6 threes: 31 (previous: 15)
The most games with at least 7 threes: 24 (previous: 10)
The most games with at least 8 threes: 16 (previous: 6)
The most games with at least 9 threes: 7 (previous: 3)
The most games with at least 10 threes: 4 (previous: 2)
The most games with at least 11 threes: 2 (previous: 1)

He shoots a LOT of 3s. He hit 3s with the highest percentage of any player who attempted more than 500 ... and he attempted nearly 900. 565 of his 3s were from 25' or more where he shot 20% better than league average.

The 2nd 50/45/90 season ever (Nash), the highest scoring and most efficient 50/40/90 season ever. Took more than 2x the 3s anybody else has who had a 50/40/90 season.

Best PG PER of all time.

Curry and Green are the first +1000 players in +/-.

He had a pretty good season. To be great the team needs 9 more wins.

KINGOFSPORTS
05-10-2016, 01:48 PM
Well deserved

MygirlhatesCod
05-10-2016, 02:10 PM
to me his TS% .669 is what stands out. with as many 3's as he takes its really an unbelievable stat.

lol, please
05-10-2016, 05:38 PM
Just announced. :clap: well deserved.

It's official: Steph Curry has won MVP for second straight year, becoming first unanimous MVP in NBA history.

Yup. It's actually crazy.

Peeps on our local radio shows were talking about how it should be overwhelmingly Curry, but how someone always votes for someone random or undeserving and a true unanimous decision would never happen.

lo and behold, a day later, history is made.

Harden and Lebron must be puking in a trash can together somewhere.

jerellh528
05-10-2016, 06:14 PM
Well deserved. Now just needs the FMVP

TheNumber37
05-10-2016, 06:39 PM
Most OFFENSIVELY Dominant player the game has seen in years.

The only thing that's really left for him to do is score 100+

TrueFan420
05-10-2016, 06:44 PM
Well deserved. Now just needs the FMVP

This

Scoots
05-10-2016, 06:52 PM
The Players MVP is the REAL MVP award.

More-Than-Most
05-10-2016, 07:17 PM
Most dominant player since Michael Jordan.... Last night reminded us of that!!!

:laugh: yea ok... that would be Lebron and the season he should have been the first ever Unanimous MVP and the Defensive player of the year... please just stop

More-Than-Most
05-10-2016, 07:20 PM
Well deserved.... They got it right last year and this year. I am one that thinks Best player Equates to MVP.... He is the best player on the most talented team maybe in the history of the league... or at least since the 90s bulls teams... Curry made me a believer last night when he took over.

Avenged
05-10-2016, 08:10 PM
Well deserved. Robbed of a FMVP IMO

Htownballa1622
05-10-2016, 08:27 PM
Props to him but he should've been the 2nd unanimous mvp ever.

Haters couldn't let that happen.

nastynice
05-10-2016, 08:43 PM
We all know lebron, and possibly shaq, both got robbed of unanimous MVP. But damn, Jordan didn't get unanimous during the 72 or 69 win seasons?? Thats hella crazy, u would think putting together seasons like that on top of 3-4 titles woulda got him that

nastynice
05-10-2016, 08:45 PM

I know, hopefully this sets a precedent and stops the whole I'm gonna vote for some random dark horse just so I could be diff crap

Scoots
05-10-2016, 10:25 PM
We all know lebron, and possibly shaq, both got robbed of unanimous MVP. But damn, Jordan didn't get unanimous during the 72 or 69 win seasons?? Thats hella crazy, u would think putting together seasons like that on top of 3-4 titles woulda got him that

Those 2 years were both less spectacular versions of MJ. And by "spectacular" I mean the spectacle of watching him play. He was a better team player those years, but less "showy" ... and the show matters.

And, yeah Curry should not have been the first ... but I'm surprised even Curry got it. I guess everybody voting thought it would be someone else.

TrueFan420
05-10-2016, 10:49 PM

Eh there's a couple of years you could argue could have ended in unanimous MVP's. No doubt Curry's likable personality led to him being the first to achieve this. But that shouldn't take away from his achievement. He has no control over anyone other than himself.

CHANGO
05-10-2016, 11:29 PM
Obviously deserved but it's a shame that he's the first to get an unanimous MVP, Lebron should've gotten one and also Shaq.

BoSox47
05-10-2016, 11:59 PM
Change the title first unanimous NBA MVP ever? Gretzky and Tom Brady did it in their sports as well.

chi-townlove1
05-11-2016, 12:07 AM
Change the title first unanimous NBA MVP ever? Gretzky and Tom Brady did it in their sports as well.

Uh this is the NBA forum. Should be assumed..

Midnightbottle
05-11-2016, 01:24 AM
He's a fookin' legend.
No Karl tanner tho

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Scoots
05-11-2016, 01:36 AM
It's funny, Warriors win a title but they didn't face A, B, and C to get there. Curry wins MVP but Harden is the real MVP. Then the Warriors win a record number of games, but the league isn't as tough as it was against the Bulls. Curry wins an MVP and it's unanimous and he shouldn't have the first unanimous MVP. 2 years of elite level play and people still call them just a jump shooting team. Green and Thompson are "system" players who are not really that good.

I wonder why the Warriors have a chip on their shoulders :)

USMCLaker
05-13-2016, 02:03 AM
It's funny, Warriors win a title but they didn't face A, B, and C to get there. Curry wins MVP but Harden is the real MVP. Then the Warriors win a record number of games, but the league isn't as tough as it was against the Bulls. Curry wins an MVP and it's unanimous and he shouldn't have the first unanimous MVP. 2 years of elite level play and people still call them just a jump shooting team. Green and Thompson are "system" players who are not really that good.

I wonder why the Warriors have a chip on their shoulders :)

Mid to late 90's was the most watered down league ever. All the great 80's players retired in the early 90's and that's when Jordan with a great squad took over. These old players that turn analyst are biased against the new generation and since they all got hosed by Jordan they have proclaimed him the greatest ever but that's another story. There are several players playing today that will go to the hall: Lebron, Steph, Durant, Thompson, Westbrook, Wade, and I'm sure there are many more to list. Anyways, congrats to the Warriors, this year was one of the most impressive seasons I've ever seen (And the 80's is my favorite era).

More-Than-Most
05-13-2016, 02:52 AM
Mid to late 90's was the most watered down league ever. All the great 80's players retired in the early 90's and that's when Jordan with a great squad took over. These old players that turn analyst are biased against the new generation and since they all got hosed by Jordan they have proclaimed him the greatest ever but that's another story. There are several players playing today that will go to the hall: Lebron, Steph, Durant, Thompson, Westbrook, Wade, and I'm sure there are many more to list. Anyways, congrats to the Warriors, this year was one of the most impressive seasons I've ever seen (And the 80's is my favorite era).

Holy ****ing **** someone else that understands basketball... But yo the Bulls would down the warriors in 4 or less if that was possible :rolleyes:

Jordan had an amazing team with a ton of depth at a time where the competition for him was not great by any means.... Todays NBA has much more talent all around and players that are machines.

This warriors team could beat that bulls team and it would be a fun series.. 2 of the best teams even in my opinion though.

USMCLaker
05-13-2016, 03:00 AM
Holy ****ing **** someone else that understands basketball... But yo the Bulls would down the warriors in 4 or less if that was possible :rolleyes:

Jordan had an amazing team with a ton of depth at a time where the competition for him was not great by any means.... Todays NBA has much more talent all around and players that are machines.

This warriors team could beat that bulls team and it would be a fun series.. 2 of the best teams even in my opinion though.

Thanks my man, and thanks for understanding that it was no swipe against Jordan. Also, I'm impressed with Curry's quick release I can't remember ever seeing another player get his shot off so quickly.

nastynice
05-13-2016, 03:50 AM

There were some good squads man

Shaq, penny, + shooters Magic
Stockton Malone Jazz
D rob Spurs
Hakeem drexlers rockets
Ewing Starks + the body guards lol knicks

That's pretty solid competition

Scoots
05-14-2016, 01:03 AM
I just saw the t-shirt Steph's mom was wearing at game 5.

Average Size
Limited Upside
Frail Frame

Back to Back
MVP

Even Mom is celebrating the dismissive nature of the rest of the NBA.

SonicsvsBulls
05-15-2016, 02:18 PM
Someone seems a jelly about a certain team from a certain city that won more Titles in the 90's than their team.

90's was the best era ever and had the most quality, and great teams. Most were all time great teams.

But I guess you think Duncan, Kidd, Hill, Iverson, Allen, Bryant, Finley, R. Wallace, B. Wallace, Garnett, were all bad draft picks in the late 90's.

USMCLaker
05-18-2016, 03:31 AM
There were some good squads man

Shaq, penny, + shooters Magic
Stockton Malone Jazz
D rob Spurs
Hakeem drexlers rockets
Ewing Starks + the body guards lol knicks

That's pretty solid competition

I'll give you that it might be solid competition but it is not stellar competition. Shaq's Magic got swept I don't know how many times even with the Lakers until Coach Jackson arrived. I love the Knicks but Ewings Knicks only sniffed the finals once in the ninety's. The Rockets and Jazz were solid but not equivalent to the 80's Celtics, Pistons, 76er's or Lakers.

Again, no swipe at the great MJ but I stand by my position.

USMCLaker
05-18-2016, 03:44 AM
Someone seems a jelly about a certain team from a certain city that won more Titles in the 90's than their team.

90's was the best era ever and had the most quality, and great teams. Most were all time great teams.

But I guess you think Duncan, Kidd, Hill, Iverson, Allen, Bryant, Finley, R. Wallace, B. Wallace, Garnett, were all bad draft picks in the late 90's.

That's so cute of you to take a little swipe at me with your your little kitty paws. Most of the greats that you identified were rookies in the 96 draft (Aren't you cute) or later and their development would have occurred once the great Michael Jordan retired. Rookies, often at a younger age than the rookies in the 80's when players completed college and were more developed players. Don't feel bad you tried but thanks for playing the most watered down era ever game.