PDA

View Full Version : Wade Back to Back 30 in the Playoffs, First Time Since 2010

Tony_Starks
05-10-2016, 09:24 AM
He's averaging 22 5 4 shooting 48% from the field and a crazy 60% from 3. AND he's doing it when it counts, he's closing games.

I don't know, for a guy that many claim has been washed up for years he sure looks like a elite player to me....

WaDe03
05-10-2016, 11:16 AM
Goat.

KnicksorBust
05-10-2016, 11:22 AM
He's averaging 22 5 4 shooting 48% from the field and a crazy 60% from 3. AND he's doing it when it counts, he's closing games.

I don't know, for a guy that many claim has been washed up for years he sure looks like a elite player to me....

Definitely not the d-wade from 10 years ago or even 5 years ago but he's in that phase of his career where he NEEDS to coast in the regular season and save himself but still has enough in the tank to ramp it back up for playoff time. Wish the same could be said for Duncan... hoping for a vintage TD game soon...

HandsOnTheWheel
05-10-2016, 11:23 AM
Averaging 27 ppg on close to 50% shooting in this series. Who would've thought?

Tony_Starks
05-10-2016, 11:45 AM
Definitely not the d-wade from 10 years ago or even 5 years ago but he's in that phase of his career where he NEEDS to coast in the regular season and save himself but still has enough in the tank to ramp it back up for playoff time. Wish the same could be said for Duncan... hoping for a vintage TD game soon...

I think Timmy is legitimately done.

The other night he had 0 shot attempts for the first time ever. That's pretty telling right there, that's not playing a reduced role...that's "why is this guy on the court?"

Chronz
05-10-2016, 11:55 AM
Yeah, forget history guys, Wade is OBVIOUSLY an elite 3pt shooter. I mean, look at his stats in this small sample. Forget the fact that hes declined every year for about 8 years now and is in completely different shape than he used to be (Grover had him bulking up and resting games vs the new guy getting him lean enough to withstand the season entirely), hes actually quicker now.

Not sure who the people you spoke to were but it seems to me your ignoring the difference between being washed up and not the SUPER STAR he was proclaimed to be. Hes never looked this healthy this late in the season so props for that.

D-Leethal
05-10-2016, 12:00 PM
How could we ever except LeBron to win with this guy?

bucketss
05-10-2016, 12:24 PM
simple hes healthy and isn't going through the same knee issues he was past few years. hes blowing past dudes like its 2006 again. but i will give dwane casey some credit for benching the only rim protector late in the game.

Chronz
05-10-2016, 12:30 PM
https://streamable.com/vkqo

You're talking about this play right.

I do that move all the time, only bodies dont bounce off me.

Tony_Starks
05-10-2016, 01:11 PM
It must really suck to have a old dude with bad knees take you to the rack for game winner.

Then see his Bad actress wife clowning about it Twitter! Lol

WaDe03
05-10-2016, 01:14 PM
Yeah, forget history guys, Wade is OBVIOUSLY an elite 3pt shooter. I mean, look at his stats in this small sample. Forget the fact that hes declined every year for about 8 years now and is in completely different shape than he used to be (Grover had him bulking up and resting games vs the new guy getting him lean enough to withstand the season entirely), hes actually quicker now.

Not sure who the people you spoke to were but it seems to me your ignoring the difference between being washed up and not the SUPER STAR he was proclaimed to be. Hes never looked this healthy this late in the season so props for that.

He's been working on his 3 every practice and I would say a jump shot is the easiest thing to add. Many people have said Wade was washed so there's no argument of whether it's been said or not. He's proving people wrong once again. Clutchest player in the league and best SG.

Jamiecballer
05-10-2016, 01:15 PM
I wish we'd got to see what his career could have been if his body didn't betray him. Easily the closest thing to jordan.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

bucketss
05-10-2016, 01:29 PM
It must really suck to have a old dude with bad knees take you to the rack for game winner.

Then see his Bad actress wife clowning about it Twitter! Lol

you mean game tying shot, the game went to overtime. when patrick patterson is your rim protector instead of biyombo thats what happens.

Bring The Heat
05-10-2016, 01:31 PM
Gotta love Wade man... so clutch and still putting the team on his back at 34.. Best Heat player of all time and 3rd best SG of all time.

bucketss
05-10-2016, 01:33 PM
i wonder if heat disrespect him again and tell him to take a paycut or a short term deal.

WaDe03
05-10-2016, 02:17 PM
Yea lets not forget he's 34. The last player to put up these numbers in a semifinal series at the age of 34 was Jordan.

Wades semifinal series at age 24 in 2006, 27.6 PPG on 49% shooting.

Wades semifinals series at age 34 in 2016, 27.3 PPG on 51% shooting as well as very clutch play.

Tony_Starks
05-10-2016, 02:27 PM
Yea lets not forget he's 34. The last player to put up these numbers in a semifinal series at the age of 34 was Jordan.

Wades semifinal series at age 24 in 2006, 27.6 PPG on 49% shooting.

Wades semifinals series at age 34 in 2026, 27.3 PPG on 51% shooting as well as very clutch play.

That's impressive.

I've been the most impressed with the way he paces himself and picks his spots during the game. Then when it's money time he just goes full attack mode.

He's been setting up Joe Johnson a lot too, had he been shooting the ball better they could easily be 3-0.

JLynn943
05-10-2016, 02:40 PM
This is probably the healthiest he's been this late in the season, and it's showing. Good job on the staff keeping him rested enough to have this much left in the tank right now, and good job to him for playing this well.

DanG
05-10-2016, 02:51 PM
It's great to watch, too bad bosh and whiteside are out. ECF wouldve been competetive again.

WaDe03
05-10-2016, 02:58 PM
That's impressive.

I've been the most impressed with the way he paces himself and picks his spots during the game. Then when it's money time he just goes full attack mode.

He's been setting up Joe Johnson a lot too, had he been shooting the ball better they could easily be 3-0.

Yea someone has to step up and help him. He is now our best 3 point shooter lol. We're getting wide open looks but they're bricking all of them. We made 1 3 last night.

D-BAGDAN
05-10-2016, 03:40 PM
Amazing thread. I guess Wade fans are pretty insecure with what others think. Why does it matter what non-Heat fans think about Wade? This is sports, not real life important stuff. Its entertainment. People get so butt hurt over opinions. Do you Wade fans get like this when your favorite actor isnt considered the best actor? Or your favorite musician isnt considered the best? Who the eff cares. Just have fun debates about stuff that isnt important and take it for what it is. Sports are supposed to be a fun distraction. Ease up on the tears and have some fun guys. Yes Wade is playing well, just enjoy it. How can you enjoy it when your top concern is "I told you so's" to a bunch of random people who you will never meet in your life. Some of you guys sound like all the white sox fans here in Chicago who would rather see the Cubs lose than the Sox win.

numba1CHANGsta
05-10-2016, 03:51 PM
He REALLY wants to play against his bed buddy LeBron

Big Zo
05-10-2016, 03:53 PM
Amazing thread. I guess Wade fans are pretty insecure with what others think. Why does it matter what non-Heat fans think about Wade? This is sports, not real life important stuff. Its entertainment. People get so butt hurt over opinions. Do you Wade fans get like this when your favorite actor isnt considered the best actor? Or your favorite musician isnt considered the best? Who the eff cares. Just have fun debates about stuff that isnt important and take it for what it is. Sports are supposed to be a fun distraction. Ease up on the tears and have some fun guys. Yes Wade is playing well, just enjoy it. How can you enjoy it when your top concern is "I told you so's" to a bunch of random people who you will never meet in your life. Some of you guys sound like all the white sox fans here in Chicago who would rather see the Cubs lose than the Sox win.

This thread was started by a Lakers fan.

Big Zo
05-10-2016, 03:55 PM
He REALLY wants to play against his bed buddy LeBron
Well, it's not like he can play against your bed buddy Kobe, since he's old, and retired.

D-BAGDAN
05-10-2016, 04:01 PM
This thread was started by a Lakers fan.

Same thing lol. Im just sayin to enjoy the ride and live in the moment guys because who knows how long it will last. Dont worry about I told you so's(not sayin its you doin it).

Bostonjorge
05-10-2016, 04:26 PM
In the clutch for sure Wade has been special these playoffs both rounds. Let's see if his body can hold up for 6-7 game this series and beyond.

WaDe03
05-10-2016, 05:00 PM
In the clutch for sure Wade has been special these playoffs both rounds. Let's see if his body can hold up for 6-7 game this series and beyond.

I think he'll be able to. They asked him how he was feeling and he said great and has no worries at all health wise.

WaDe03
05-10-2016, 05:09 PM

This seems like a huge overreaction. As Big Zo said a Lakers/Kobe fan started the thread. Everyone is appreciating it and saying how they love how he's proved the doubters wrong. I don't see what there is to debate, this is more a an appreciation thread other than numba1changstas post but he's a Kobe fan so it's understandable. You get the good (Tony Starks) and the bad (numba1changsta) when it comes to players like Wade and LeBron because these 3 at one point were on top of the league which then led to a ton of back and forth debates between the 3. I myself was a Kobe fan until I saw Wade play his rookie season and I even ended up hating Kobe there for awhile but now I'm a big fan and appreciate his game more now that he's retired. It's funny to me that fans of these 3 players hated each other while the players basically love each other like brothers.