PDA

View Full Version : If the Lakers offer a package including Randle/Clarkson

Mave1002
05-10-2016, 06:10 AM
Should the Lakers be fortunate enough to win the lottery and land Ben Simmons, I see Randle being moved, in a package alongside Clarkson. What would you offer?

I like Randle but I honestly think that we need to check his trade value, and possibly put him in a package in order to get the right pieces for the motion offense that Luke will bring in. With regards to Clarkson.. I think id rather have someone who will work better with DLO Russell.

Long shot, I know but was thinking the team could get in exchange for these guys. Possibly throw in Lou Williams and our current second rounder (#32).

Randle/Clarkson/Lou/#32 to Phoenix for Booker/Chandler

Teeboy1487
05-10-2016, 06:30 AM
Laker forum man and honestly, that trade makes no sense. Suns are not trading Booker. He is even representing them in the nba lottery. Goes to show how much they like him. Besides, I really like Clarkson and Randle. No way I would trade both of them for Booker.

PhillyFaninLA
05-10-2016, 06:39 AM
First thing I'll say is that I want nothing to do with Simmons. He has shown red flag after red flag. I'd take Ingram number one. He has elite talent, but I question his judgement and desire.

He didn't show up on a lot of games, he actually got academically suspended, when have we seen one of these one and done players actually get academically suspended. I'm sure none of them (or very very few) ever step foot in a classroom so that bothers me. I also don't like him skipping the draft combine.

I don't think Simmons ever becomes what he can because I think he doesn't care about it, shown me nothing to think other wise. I hope the Sixers don't end up with him.

With that said, I'd trade Okafor for Randle and Clarkson straight up. Might be a win win situation. I mean Russel, tbd, tbd, Simmons, Okafor could be something nice (if I'm wrong about Simmons) for a long time.

Clarkson, tbd (someone we draft this year), Saric, Embiid (if healthy, or someone we draft this year), Noel could be something too.

Tony_Starks
05-10-2016, 08:51 AM
Randle and Clarksons value is not too high right now, after next season it will be.

That being said it would be extremely foolish to trade either now. Clarkson is efficient and his range really improved and Randle was getting a double double on sheer talent.

For both to do what they did in the fiasco of a season shows me how good they really are because it was basically year long allstar game.

Scoots
05-10-2016, 10:30 AM
Unfortunately for Simmons he would be best served being the piece to fit a skilled team together but going at the top of the draft is going to put him in a position where he's got to be the man.

Andre Iguodala didn't work as the man on the 76ers, but he's great being the glue guy ... I think that is Simmons' best chance.

basketballkitty
05-10-2016, 10:35 AM
Unfortunately for Simmons he would be best served being the piece to fit a skilled team together but going at the top of the draft is going to put him in a position where he's got to be the man.

Andre Iguodala didn't work as the man on the 76ers, but he's great being the glue guy ... I think that is Simmons' best chance.

Iggy was NEVER the top lead guy on any team ever. You can't compare him to Simmons who completely dominated everyone he went up against/ Simmons WAS his teams leader from the get go. Iggy was not even a top-3 scorer on his own college team during his final year there. Iggy's game was ALWAYS about being a secondary or third tier guy. Simmons was the ONLY NCAA freshmen to ever be named NCAA 1st team by the Coaches poll. No other NCAA freshmen ever made that team...Not MJ, not Magic, Not Olajuwan, not Duncan, not anyone...not until Simmons.

So please don't compare Iggy who has NEVER lead his team at any level to Ben Simmons.

ewing
05-10-2016, 10:43 AM
Iggy was NEVER the top lead guy on any team ever. You can't compare him to Simmons who completely dominated everyone he went up against/ Simmons WAS his teams leader from the get go. Iggy was not even a top-3 scorer on his own college team during his final year there. Iggy's game was ALWAYS about being a secondary or third tier guy. Simmons was the ONLY NCAA freshmen to ever be named NCAA 1st team by the Coaches poll. No other NCAA freshmen ever made that team...Not MJ, not Magic, Not Olajuwan, not Duncan, not anyone...not until Simmons.

So please don't compare Iggy who has NEVER lead his team at any level to Ben Simmons.

Iggy did a lot better job leading the sixers then Ben Simmons did leading the Tigers. His ****ing team scored 38 points in a must win situation, he looked like he didn't care, and when they didn't show up for the NIT reports said he didn't want to go.

basketballkitty
05-10-2016, 10:49 AM
Iggy did a lot better job leading the sixers then Ben Simmons did leading the Tigers. His ****ing team scored 38 points in a must win situation, he looked like he didn't care, and when they didn't show up for the NIT reports said he didn't want to go.

You don't put up the type of numbers that Simmons did if you DIDN'T CARE son. But NO ONE can make " Chicken Salad " when all you have to work with is " Chicken S H I T "!! After Hornsby went down, there wasn't a single player on LSU that was even a top-1000 High School player...Not one. And yet Simmons broke EVERY NCAA scoring, rebounding and assist record for a Freshmen EVER for a Big Man. Dude is a Monster talent wise and B-Ball IQ wise. Any talk by ANYONE even suggesting that Brandon Ingram is even CLOSE talent wise is someone who honestly should be placed in a Mental facility.

ewing
05-10-2016, 11:06 AM
You don't put up the type of numbers that Simmons did if you DIDN'T CARE son. But NO ONE can make " Chicken Salad " when all you have to work with is " Chicken S H I T "!! After Hornsby went down, there wasn't a single player on LSU that was even a top-1000 High School player...Not one. And yet Simmons broke EVERY NCAA scoring, rebounding and assist record for a Freshmen EVER for a Big Man. Dude is a Monster talent wise and B-Ball IQ wise. Any talk by ANYONE even suggesting that Brandon Ingram is even CLOSE talent wise is someone who honestly should be placed in a Mental facility.

you don't seem biased at all

basketballkitty
05-10-2016, 11:15 AM
you don't seem biased at all

I am not Biased...I am a REALIST! And as much as I do like Ingram and his upside...even though I will say of all the players besides Simmons, I actually like Jamal Murray MORE then Ingram...but to place anyone above Simmons is just Insane. His physical traits, his superior B-Ball IQ and the way he sees the court is even better then Magic Johnson's court vision and IQ is just too enticing to pass up.

ewing
05-10-2016, 11:41 AM
I am not Biased...I am a REALIST! And as much as I do like Ingram and his upside...even though I will say of all the players besides Simmons, I actually like Jamal Murray MORE then Ingram...but to place anyone above Simmons is just Insane. His physical traits, his superior B-Ball IQ and the way he sees the court is even better then Magic Johnson's court vision and IQ is just too enticing to pass up.

Seems like you are a bit of a Simmons homer. Sorry but he did often look disinterested and his season was not historic. He looked like a kid that was disappointed he was being forced to play a year of college ball. he has talent and what happens on the next level we don't know.

mike_noodles
05-10-2016, 12:08 PM
I would take Randle in S&T for Derozan.

mrblisterdundee
05-10-2016, 12:22 PM
Should the Lakers be fortunate enough to win the lottery and land Ben Simmons, I see Randle being moved, in a package alongside Clarkson. What would you offer?

I like Randle but I honestly think that we need to check his trade value, and possibly put him in a package in order to get the right pieces for the motion offense that Luke will bring in. With regards to Clarkson.. I think id rather have someone who will work better with DLO Russell.

Long shot, I know but was thinking the team could get in exchange for these guys. Possibly throw in Lou Williams and our current second rounder (#32).

Randle/Clarkson/Lou/#32 to Phoenix for Booker/Chandler

Why would you trade for another point guard, when Russell's supposed to fill that role? How do you trade Clarkson when his contract is up this summer? And why can't Brandon Ingram or Ben Simmons play small forward next to Randle? The Lakers should just collect their assets and see what they have post-Kobe, instead of jettisoning potential building blocks still in their early 20s.

Chronz
05-10-2016, 12:27 PM
My friend and I have a franchise and he basically made that exact trade. It was a fun team to play with/against.

nycericanguy
05-10-2016, 12:28 PM
no way would PHO trade Booker for that package.

Clarkson isn't anything special and is about to command a big contract.

Randle is solid prospect but Booker has superstar potential written all over him and he's 19. I don't think even Randle + Russell + Clarkson could get you Booker. I would imagine he's one of the more untouchable players in the NBA right now.

basketballkitty
05-10-2016, 12:37 PM

Randle is solid prospect but Booker has superstar potential written all over him and he's 19. I don't think even Randle + Russell + Clarkson could get you Booker. I would imagine he's one of the more untouchable players in the NBA right now.

I'm sorry but what is so great about Booker ? Yes he can shoot. But he cannot drive to the hoop, or at least he doesn't want to. He averages how many FT attempts a game ? And his Defense is laughable...not that he even plays any at all. I mean what is so GREAT about a guy who shot...42 % and 34 % from the 3Pt line while averaging 13.8Pts a game ? And on a Bad team to boot where MOST of his scoring stats came late in garbage time ?

I mean WHAT is so Untradeable about that ?

DanG
05-10-2016, 12:42 PM

and I'm here thinking Randle alone will end up being a better player than Booker. I think Booker wouldn't be as untouchable had he played on the Lakers this season. This season was a joke for the Lakers players other than Kobe.

IndyRealist
05-10-2016, 01:04 PM
It's funny how obviously people overvalue their own assets and undervalue everyone else's.

JLynn943
05-10-2016, 01:59 PM
With that said, I'd trade Okafor for Randle and Clarkson straight up. Might be a win win situation. I mean Russel, tbd, tbd, Simmons, Okafor could be something nice (if I'm wrong about Simmons) for a long time.

What? Why? You can do better than that.

nycericanguy
05-10-2016, 03:53 PM
I'm sorry but what is so great about Booker ? Yes he can shoot. But he cannot drive to the hoop, or at least he doesn't want to. He averages how many FT attempts a game ? And his Defense is laughable...not that he even plays any at all. I mean what is so GREAT about a guy who shot...42 % and 34 % from the 3Pt line while averaging 13.8Pts a game ? And on a Bad team to boot where MOST of his scoring stats came late in garbage time ?

I mean WHAT is so Untradeable about that ?

kid was 18-19 last year and you're looking at him and his stats as if he's some finished product?...wow...lol

I'm not even a PHO fan, but Booker has star written all over him. I think guys like KP, Towns & Booker are pretty much untouchable no matter what a team offers. If you disagree then fine.

nycericanguy
05-10-2016, 03:54 PM
and I'm here thinking Randle alone will end up being a better player than Booker. I think Booker wouldn't be as untouchable had he played on the Lakers this season. This season was a joke for the Lakers players other than Kobe.

no way... Randle looks like he'll be a solid pro and maybe a solid starter but I don't see star potential there.

Booker looks like Klay Thompson except he's ahead of Klay at this stage of their careers.

5ass
05-10-2016, 06:32 PM
I agree with nyceriganguy. I think Booker is pretty much untouchable (though not as much as KP/Towns), and i think Randle looks like he'll be solid, but no star. Besides Clarkson being a FA, i also dont see much potential in him. I think he'll always be a good 6th man, but again no star potential. So PHX easily says no. They have their first part of their core in Booker, now they need to continue to draft well.

Saddletramp
05-10-2016, 07:14 PM
Randle and Clarkson for Dwight, straight up. Houston will even throw in Corey Brewer if need be.

:)

shep33
05-10-2016, 07:31 PM
Randle as a rook averaged a double double. He'll be at 16 and 12 next year

D-Leethal
05-10-2016, 08:56 PM
My friend and I have a franchise and he basically made that exact trade. It was a fun team to play with/against.

Aw, cute.

Mave1002
05-10-2016, 11:22 PM
I believe that if all goes well after Luke's hiring, Randle/Clarkson even LNJ could all be put on the block. Might as well get the best piece/s in return.

Factors to consider:

1.) The motion offense

2.) FA Recruitment

-at least a couple of Warriors, again I think Luke could pull it off
-a legit, veteran CENTER who can facilitate, defend, shoot and LEAD
-Ryan Anderson

3.) Icing on the cake: A top 3 pick

???-Ezeli
TOP3-Anderson
Barnes-Brown
???-Lou
Russell-Huertas

nycericanguy
05-11-2016, 10:11 AM
Randle as a rook averaged a double double. He'll be at 16 and 12 next year

he's going to have to add something significant to his offensive game to make such a huge scoring jump. But even if he does average 16 & 12, I think what Booker did at his age was really impressive. I mean Booker didn't get that much playing time early on, but he averaged almost 20ppg the last 3+ months of the season and was hitting almost 2 three's per game. For a 19 year old that is very impressive. I think he's going to end up being one of the top 3 players from this draft along with KP & Towns.

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-11-2016, 10:51 AM
Can you explain to me what a guy with an 11 per, 34% from 3, 42% from the field, 13 points, two rebounds, and two assists has shown anything to say that he is a top three player in the draft? D'Angelo Russell numbers were better than that and he had Kobe Bryant neutering him the entire year. Not to mention the other rookies who had a better year as well. It's not like they are way older. Booker may be 19 but they started the Season at 19 and may have turned 20 during it. Not that much room 4 Booker to grow over those guys if we were talking about age

Tony_Starks
05-11-2016, 11:33 AM
he's going to have to add something significant to his offensive game to make such a huge scoring jump. But even if he does average 16 & 12, I think what Booker did at his age was really impressive. I mean Booker didn't get that much playing time early on, but he averaged almost 20ppg the last 3+ months of the season and was hitting almost 2 three's per game. For a 19 year old that is very impressive. I think he's going to end up being one of the top 3 players from this draft along with KP & Towns.

If he can add a 15 footer he easily gets to the 16, 17 point a night range.

That's not out of the realm, he was already improving it as the season waned. Just needs to improve his mechanics and shoot it with confidence.

Kyben36
05-11-2016, 12:09 PM
despite some things to like about randall, untill he can do something with his right hand, i would not touch him as a player, a d direction player cant do much in the nba, especially in the playoffs. unless, they are simply jump shooters which he is not.

Hawkeye15
05-11-2016, 12:11 PM
Randle and Clarksons value is not too high right now, after next season it will be.

That being said it would be extremely foolish to trade either now. Clarkson is efficient and his range really improved and Randle was getting a double double on sheer talent.

For both to do what they did in the fiasco of a season shows me how good they really are because it was basically year long allstar game.

I agree with all of this, outside the fact that they need to prove their worth next year, it's not assumed.

But yeah, trading them now makes no sense, their value isn't placed correctly

Mave1002
06-07-2016, 04:35 AM
First thing I'll say is that I want nothing to do with Simmons. He has shown red flag after red flag. I'd take Ingram number one. He has elite talent, but I question his judgement and desire.

He didn't show up on a lot of games, he actually got academically suspended, when have we seen one of these one and done players actually get academically suspended. I'm sure none of them (or very very few) ever step foot in a classroom so that bothers me. I also don't like him skipping the draft combine.

I don't think Simmons ever becomes what he can because I think he doesn't care about it, shown me nothing to think other wise. I hope the Sixers don't end up with him.

Clarkson, tbd (someone we draft this year), Saric, Embiid (if healthy, or someone we draft this year), Noel could be something too.

That would be pretty good right now, especially if we get to draft Ingram.

Okafor/Biyombo
Lance/Black
Ingram/Brown
Crabbe/Bazemore
Russell/Williams

Philly though:

Noel/Embiid
Randle/Saric
Simmons/Covington
Stauskas/Clarkson
Smith/Canaan

eDush
06-07-2016, 05:02 AM
Laker forum man and honestly, that trade makes no sense. Suns are not trading Booker. He is even representing them in the nba lottery. Goes to show how much they like him. Besides, I really like Clarkson and Randle. No way I would trade both of them for Booker.
Agreed, Suns has no interest in trading Booker and besides I think Clarkson can shoot just as well as Booker with better handles to boot. Yes he's streaky but efficient. Neither of them are clutch like the Splash Bros but both are still young with upside. I think Luke would use Clarkson as their 3 point shooter but he needs to be less streaky that goes into long slumps like Booker but he has the range and the mechanics down when he's on fire :nod:

TheDish87
06-07-2016, 09:31 AM
Lol hell no to Okafor for Randle and Clarkson. We dont have room for Randle anyway and Clarkson is more of a combo guard whose close to getting overpaid.

kobe4thewinbang
06-07-2016, 11:27 AM
They'll likely pick Ingram since they have not had a SF in years. All those young prospects should flourish uder Walton and make some ruckus in the west, so unless they get a huge offer, they're hoping Randle earns that next contract and Clarkson resigns under their bargain offer. Walton might draw in a big-ish free agent too.

Bostonjorge
06-07-2016, 01:38 PM
Clarkson is under the arenas provision. So the most a team can offer Clarkson is the mid level exception and the lakers will match. A team can try the poison pill but in three years the cap will be over 100 mill. If Clarkson improves its still a bargain.

Mave1002
06-09-2016, 02:10 AM
Would you do this Sixers/Suns/Lakers fans?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hl2guuf

Pho in (Bender): Okafor, Clarkson, Young, #13, #26,
Phi in (Simmons): Bledsoe, Randle, #24, #32,#34
LAL in (Ingram): Booker, Landry, #28

Okafor/Len/Chandler
Bender/Leuer/Teletovic
Tucker/Young/Budinger
Clarkson/Warren/Jenkins
Knight/Goodwin/Price

Noel/Embiid
Simmons/Randle
Covington/Grant
Stauskas/Thompson
Bledsoe/Smith/Canaan

CENTER/#28 (Thon Maker)
Landry/LNJ/Black
Ingram/Brown
Booker/Lou
Russell/Huertas

TheDish87
06-09-2016, 08:55 AM
cant trade Okafor for a seriously injury prone Bledose and a two 2nds. I also dont think Clarkson and Knight fit together at all, Suns would be better off moving Knight and going with Bledose/Booker in the back court

MTar786
06-11-2016, 03:35 AM
clarkson and randle for okafor. win win for both teams

More-Than-Most
06-11-2016, 04:04 AM

Lol pass... Clarkson will be getting paid this year.... Oka is locked up for a while... Id rather have OKa over both of those guys... Unless I am getting russ or their 2nd pick there is nothing I want from the lakers. I think their own fanbase is rough on both guys and I am not a randle fan but the kid showed flashes last year... their value right now does not equate Oka.

L8kers4life
06-11-2016, 04:07 AM
That would be pretty good right now, especially if we get to draft Ingram.

Okafor/Biyombo
Lance/Black
Ingram/Brown
Crabbe/Bazemore
Russell/Williams

Philly though:

Noel/Embiid
Randle/Saric
Simmons/Covington
Stauskas/Clarkson
Smith/Canaan

This would be a horrible move for the Lakers, there is not a chance in hell you give up Clarkson and Randle for Okafor with so many free agent centers available. With Lukes system and the shooting we would need, I would trade Clarkson and Randle to Boston for the number 3 pick and take Jamal Murray.
Next year run with

Russell/ Livingston/ Huertas
Murray/ Lou Williams
Ingram/Crabbe
Barnes/ Nance Jr
Whiteside/ Maker/ Black

Luke can develop this talent and we will have shooting for days. Plus adding Barnes and Livingston will help the team get adjusted to Lukes system quicker. May take a year or 2, to really make noise, but once Russell, Ingram and Murray have a year or 2 together watch out. In the mean time Whiteside and Barnes carry a heavy load.

TheDish87
06-11-2016, 09:58 AM

you mean win for the Lakers

zbgim
06-11-2016, 12:36 PM
First thing I'll say is that I want nothing to do with Simmons. He has shown red flag after red flag. I'd take Ingram number one. He has elite talent, but I question his judgement and desire.http://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/5.gifhttp://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/4.gif

numba1CHANGsta
06-11-2016, 03:19 PM
Simmons has bigger bust potential than Ingram, but if Simmons can improve on his shooting then he'll have the higher upside of the two. I don't question Ingram's desire at all, remember this guy is only 18 and played under Coach K, and yeah he does look high AF most the time but that's just how he looks LOL

More-Than-Most
06-11-2016, 08:55 PM
Simmons has bigger bust potential than Ingram, but if Simmons can improve on his shooting then he'll have the higher upside of the two. I don't question Ingram's desire at all, remember this guy is only 18 and played under Coach K, and yeah he does look high AF most the time but that's just how he looks LOL

lol like a month ago he was as cant miss as they come and was the surest thing ever and on his way to already being the best player ever.... you arent wrong that simmons has more bust potential... yet again its the same thing i said about oka/russ.. russell has other worldly potential but has high bust potential where is oka doesnt have as much potential as russ but is much more of a sure thing.... this is the same thing all over again with simmons/ingram.... this go around i want the okafor of the 2 meaning i want ingram because its safer but ingram also has a ton of upside... Simmons will end up either being a lebron or out of the league in 5 years in my opinion.

jerellh528
06-11-2016, 09:55 PM

Hell no. Pass on okafor every time.

jerellh528
06-11-2016, 09:59 PM
lol like a month ago he was as cant miss as they come and was the surest thing ever and on his way to already being the best player ever.... you arent wrong that simmons has more bust potential... yet again its the same thing i said about oka/russ.. russell has other worldly potential but has high bust potential where is oka doesnt have as much potential as russ but is much more of a sure thing.... this is the same thing all over again with simmons/ingram.... this go around i want the okafor of the 2 meaning i want ingram because its safer but ingram also has a ton of upside... Simmons will end up either being a lebron or out of the league in 5 years in my opinion.

He's just saying that because ESPN's suspeertar/bust thing came out and Simmons and Ingram were tied with most superstar potential but Simmons had more bust potential. Obviously meaningless tho

More-Than-Most
06-11-2016, 10:20 PM
He's just saying that because ESPN's suspeertar/bust thing came out and Simmons and Ingram were tied with most superstar potential but Simmons had more bust potential. Obviously meaningless tho

Its not wrong in my opinion... You know I want Ingram... Simmons has bron potential but he could also bust really easily... he is so raw.. Its 100 percent like OKA/Russ... To me russ has the potential to be the best player in basketball one day or again out of basketball all together or ala evan turner type thing.... OKA wont ever be the best player but he could be a top 10-20 player... he will always be an nba player and he will impact the league... he just have no shot of ever being an AD in my opinion.

I wanted Russ because of that.. This go around simmons/ingram you cant go wrong... but i am inlove with ingram like i was russ

L8kers4life
06-11-2016, 10:54 PM
With Lukes system and the shooting we would need, I would trade Clarkson and Randle to Boston for the number 3 pick and take Jamal Murray.
Next year run with

Murray/ Lou Williams
Ingram/Crabbe or Parsons
Barnes/ Nance Jr
Whiteside/ Maker/ Black

Luke can develop this talent and we will have shooting for days. Plus adding Barnes and Livingston will help the team get adjusted to Lukes system quicker. May take a year or 2, to really make noise, but once Russell, Ingram and Murray have a year or 2 together watch out. In the mean time Sell Whiteside that he will be the next great center in LA and have him an Barnes carry a heavy load the first couple years

uprightciti
06-11-2016, 11:05 PM
Umm what?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More-Than-Most
06-11-2016, 11:19 PM
With Lukes system and the shooting we would need, I would trade Clarkson and Randle to Boston for the number 3 pick and take Jamal Murray.
Next year run with

Murray/ Lou Williams
Ingram/Crabbe or Parsons
Barnes/ Nance Jr
Whiteside/ Maker/ Black

Luke can develop this talent and we will have shooting for days. Plus adding Barnes and Livingston will help the team get adjusted to Lukes system quicker. May take a year or 2, to really make noise, but once Russell, Ingram and Murray have a year or 2 together watch out. In the mean time Sell Whiteside that he will be the next great center in LA and have him an Barnes carry a heavy load the first couple years

The celtics are in love with OKA and he has more value than clarkson and randle combined.. I doubt clarkson/randle gets you the number 3 pick... Youd have to give a future pick as well in my opinion. If clarkson was under team control and wasnt about to get paid hed be worth more of course... Similar to how Noels value gets hindered because of this.

L8kers4life
06-12-2016, 12:20 AM
The celtics are in love with OKA and he has more value than clarkson and randle combined.. I doubt clarkson/randle gets you the number 3 pick... Youd have to give a future pick as well in my opinion. If clarkson was under team control and wasnt about to get paid hed be worth more of course... Similar to how Noels value gets hindered because of this.

That's very true, I would definitely give future draft considerations even possibly 32nd pick this year if needed to get the job done. But if I was Philly I would definitely trade Okafor for the 3rd pick, because Murray and Dunn are both studs and you guys really need some backcourt talent.

TheDish87
06-12-2016, 09:12 AM
no way would i trade Okafor for 3. We dont need to get even younger, we have 3 rookies coming in already.

KingstonHawke
06-15-2016, 05:20 AM
I still think they should move Russell for Okafor. Could probably even get Philly to swap picks with them. And then move Okafor, Clarkson, and Randle to the Kings for Cousins. Trade the 1st pick to the Celtics for the 3rd and Smart. Now you have Smart, Hield, Cousins and a bunch of money to spend (Harrison Barnes) instead of Clarkson, Randle, Russell, and Ingram. Be trading a lot of upside for a team that could make the playoffs right now and keep progressing. Not sure about anyone else, but I like Hield a lot! Doesn't have the highest upside, but he should win ROTY and his skillset could help any team. And LA is always going to have a FA advantage.

TheDish87
06-15-2016, 08:54 AM
lol what makes you think you can get Okafor and #1 for Russ and #2? thats a joke. Its tooooo funny how desperate LAL fans are to dump Randle and Clarkson and then go posting outrageous trade offers so they can gt who they want for them

MonroeFAN
06-15-2016, 10:24 AM

He was the lead guy on the 76ers and you sound like a major little b here. Quit throwing a tantrum because people disagree with you, and study the game some more because what you said is not accurate.

MonroeFAN
06-15-2016, 10:26 AM
Next year run with

Murray/ Lou Williams
Ingram/Crabbe or Parsons
Barnes/ Nance Jr
Whiteside/ Maker/ Black

I doubt those 2 players land you a top 10 pick in this weak draft.

KingstonHawke
06-15-2016, 10:45 PM
lol what makes you think you can get Okafor and #1 for Russ and #2? thats a joke. Its tooooo funny how desperate LAL fans are to dump Randle and Clarkson and then go posting outrageous trade offers so they can gt who they want for them

Okafor for Russell is VERY possible. And the swap is also when you consider that BOTH teams valued Russell over Okafor... and they both value Simmons and Ingram similarly.

I prefer Okafor, but it's not about us, it's about what the teams think. And it has been made clear BOTH teams prefer Russell. Especially now that Embiid is healthy and Okafor is banged up and getting in trouble.

numba1CHANGsta
06-16-2016, 12:23 AM
Okafor for Russell is VERY possible. And the swap is also when you consider that BOTH teams valued Russell over Okafor... and they both value Simmons and Ingram similarly.

I prefer Okafor, but it's not about us, it's about what the teams think. And it has been made clear BOTH teams prefer Russell. Especially now that Embiid is healthy and Okafor is banged up and getting in trouble.

Don't you think if the Lakers wanted Okafor they would have drafted him instead of Russell? No one wants Okafor lol

TheDish87
06-16-2016, 09:04 AM

youre making all this up. Lakers messed up by not taking Okafor and Russ has done nothing to improve his value since. I dont know how you can think giving up the better player and the better pick is fari for the Sixers. You have no idea how much either player was valued, neither do I. Okafor had a minor injury and got into one little fight but his mommas not scared and hes not going to LA.

TheDish87
06-16-2016, 09:05 AM
Don't you think if the Lakers wanted Okafor they would have drafted him instead of Russell? No one wants Okafor lol

lol you mean no one wants Russ after his shady ordeal with Swaggy

Hawkeye15
06-16-2016, 09:56 AM

Okafor holds value, but back to the basket, paint eating big men just don't hold the value they used to. He can still work, but you need a stretch 4 next to him, not another under the rim guy like Randle. That would be a nightmare combo honestly

LA4life24/8
06-16-2016, 11:19 AM
Yeaaaah... the lakers aren't trading for Okafor nor do they want him because if they did they would have just drafted him. I don't think any smart lakers fans want him now either because he is not going to fit the system they are likely to try and implement. We need a big who can run the floor and protect the rim, Okafor doesn't do much of either, despite being quite the offensive force.

Hawkeye15
06-16-2016, 11:47 AM
Yeaaaah... the lakers aren't trading for Okafor nor do they want him because if they did they would have just drafted him. I don't think any smart lakers fans want him now either because he is not going to fit the system they are likely to try and implement. We need a big who can run the floor and protect the rim, Okafor doesn't do much of either, despite being quite the offensive force.

I mean, Ingram will most likely be your starting SF going forward, so ideally, you do want an athletic, rim protecting center next to Randle, it would serves as the best compliment to your forwards.

Can Clarkson play SG full time?

LA4life24/8
06-16-2016, 01:52 PM
I mean, Ingram will most likely be your starting SF going forward, so ideally, you do want an athletic, rim protecting center next to Randle, it would serves as the best compliment to your forwards.

I think that has yet to be determined in all honesty. He's been in Kobe's shooting shadow his first two years. This year should be a good tell on whether or not he's 6th man or starter material. He's earned this year imo (and we aren't winning anything regardless so give him the opportunity).
Plus who out there is really that much better that they can realistically get? I don't care much for DDR and def not for the max. I'll roll with the young guns for a year and go from there.

L8kers4life
06-16-2016, 02:30 PM

Clarkson can and probably will be the starting shooting guard but If we could somehow manage to pry Barnes from GSW, Parsons or Batum and maybe Whiteside. I would go with a line up of

Russell
Ingram
Parsons or Batum
Barnes
Whiteside

Bench

Lou
Clarkson
Randle
Nance
#32 pick

This would be a good team with Luke's system, the 2,3,4 are interchangeable, there's rim protection and plenty of shooting, and a great bench.

Thoughts?

Hawkeye15
06-16-2016, 02:45 PM
Clarkson can and probably will be the starting shooting guard. If we could. Somehow manage to pry Barnes from GSW, Parsons or Batum and maybe Whiteside. I would go with a line up of

Russell
Ingram
Parsons or Batum
Barnes
Whiteside

Bench

Lou
Clarkson
Randle
Nuance
#32 pick

This would be a good team with Luke's system

Barnes isn't a SG, I wouldn't sign him for $15-20 million to play that position. Hell he guards PF's in the death lineup.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-16-2016, 02:53 PM
lol you mean no one wants Russ after his shady ordeal with Swaggy
Okafor wasn't in one fight, he was in three separate fights within one month with three separate people. Twice in one night and the other time he had a gun pulled on him. All while yelling "money" at the top of his lungs. Not being able to control your alcohol and becoming a violent drunk is a red flag. I hope he doesn't get married and get drunk around his wife. Not a good combination.

As for basketball, Russell had a better impact on his team than Okafor did on his. Okafor had one of the worst effects on his team in the league. A big man who cannot play defense is one of the least desirable players you can ask for. You can mask a bad defensive guard but he has to have good bigs or a good system. Okafor also plays hero ball when they dump it into the post watching him go one-on-one. The post play has become the least efficient play in basketball. There is a reason why so few players are doing it. He is the new Enis Kanter. A good offensive player that plays no defense. He can be a guy that comes off the bench of a good team but he will never be the focal point.

You guys are lucky you have a new GM that knows this and has been trying to do everything he could to trade Okafor. Keep in mind he is trying to trade him in favor of a guy who has not shown he can stay on the court for the past two years. What does that tell you?

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-16-2016, 02:57 PM
Barnes isn't a SG, I wouldn't sign him for $15-20 million to play that position. Hell he guards PF's in the death lineup.

I'm not sure if he edited it before you saw it but he has Barnes as a power forward. Either way I would not pay him that much money. I just don't see it for Barnes. His numbers are super deflating especially if you were talking about giving him Max money. I don't care about his counting numbers. His efficiency numbers are atrocious when they should go up if you are not having the defenses focus in on you. Playing in the Warriors system you would think he would be a lot better.

L8kers4life
06-16-2016, 02:57 PM

In my line up he is playing the 4, Parsons or Batum at the 3 and Ingram at the 2.

LA4life24/8
06-16-2016, 03:09 PM
In my line up he is playing the 4, Parsons or Batum at the 3 and Ingram at the 2.

I don't really like ingram chasing around 2s either though honestly. Chasing around screens and on the perimeter picking up cheap fouls. Plus I really would like to see what JC can do defensively, see if he can Improve

Hawkeye15
06-16-2016, 03:12 PM

you will get lit up on dribble drives with that lineup though

5ass
06-16-2016, 04:13 PM
I doubt the Lakers trade Russell for Okafor. I think the sixers would trade Okafor for Russell though.

I doubt the sixers trade Okafor for Randle and Clarkson. The Lakers definitely would though, but just FYI you can't package a sign and trade player with another asset.

TheDish87
06-16-2016, 04:13 PM
Okafor wasn't in one fight, he was in three separate fights within one month with three separate people. Twice in one night and the other time he had a gun pulled on him. All while yelling "money" at the top of his lungs. Not being able to control your alcohol and becoming a violent drunk is a red flag. I hope he doesn't get married and get drunk around his wife. Not a good combination.

As for basketball, Russell had a better impact on his team than Okafor did on his. Okafor had one of the worst effects on his team in the league. A big man who cannot play defense is one of the least desirable players you can ask for. You can mask a bad defensive guard but he has to have good bigs or a good system. Okafor also plays hero ball when they dump it into the post watching him go one-on-one. The post play has become the least efficient play in basketball. There is a reason why so few players are doing it. He is the new Enis Kanter. A good offensive player that plays no defense. He can be a guy that comes off the bench of a good team but he will never be the focal point.

You guys are lucky you have a new GM that knows this and has been trying to do everything he could to trade Okafor. Keep in mind he is trying to trade him in favor of a guy who has not shown he can stay on the court for the past two years. What does that tell you?

all of this wrong so im not gonna bother.

jerellh528
06-16-2016, 08:27 PM
I doubt the Lakers trade Russell for Okafor. I think the sixers would trade Okafor for Russell though.

I doubt the sixers trade Okafor for Randle and Clarkson. The Lakers definitely would though, but just FYI you can't package a sign and trade player with another asset.

The lakers are really high on Randle, doubt they would trade him for okafor. Honestly don't know why people keep bringing up okafor in potential trades with the lakers. Nothing the front office has said or done has shown any signs of an interest in trading for okafor. Especially not now with Luke in tow.

L8kers4life
06-16-2016, 08:43 PM
you will get lit up on dribble drives with that lineup though

The length on the wings would cause havoc on the passing lanes, and with Russell and Barnes as capable defenders and Whiteside there to clean up their messes, it could really work. The pick and roll with Whiteside, Ingram and Russell would be lethal, and Barnes and Batum or Parsons can keep the spacing nice. In Luke's system, you could not ask for much better of a team in the first year in this system. And Clarkson and Randle would be dynamic off the bench.

More-Than-Most
06-16-2016, 09:29 PM

someone who goes by plus/minus and negates the team around him/system and so on down the list... If you think Russell did more for his team you are delusional... Russ was as bad as OKA on defense... Oka has more value than him by alot sorry.... Russ will be the better player in my eyes but its not close in terms of value.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-16-2016, 10:45 PM
someone who goes by plus/minus and negates the team around him/system and so on down the list...
What makes you think I ignored those factors? If anything, teammates, coaching, and system were all in favor of Okafor. Well, the exception of teammates. But Kobe's 17 shots on 35% might negate the talent edge the Lakers had. Byron Scott and his system has no place in the NBA.

If you think Russell did more for his team you are delusional...

Can you tell me why you think this or do you just want me to take your word for it?

Russ was as bad as OKA on defense...
Yeah, and? Like I said, you can hide a sub par wing defender. You cant hide sub par big defenders. Can you tell me the last team to win a ring with a horrible defensive big man playing big minutes?

Oka has more value than him by alot sorry.... Russ will be the better player in my eyes but its not close in terms of value

We don't know what Russells value is because unlike the Sixers, the Lakers are okay with their pick and havnt been trying to shop him. And I'm not sure Russell will be the better player going forward. I just know that a player who plays a style that is going extinct, plays no defense, doesn't show an interest in learning defense, with bad/slow defensive feet, and off the court issues within his first month in the NBA is not something that a team is going to give up a lot for

goingfor28
06-17-2016, 03:27 AM
Randle/Clarkson together are worth zero. I'd give a mid-late 2nd Rd pick for both. That's it. Neither has proven a damn thing other than being serviceable roll players off the bench. Individual stats are inflated bc the Lakers have been down right awful. Best thing to happen to LAL is Colby retiring

More-Than-Most
06-17-2016, 06:23 AM
What makes you think I ignored those factors? If anything, teammates, coaching, and system were all in favor of Okafor. Well, the exception of teammates. But Kobe's 17 shots on 35% might negate the talent edge the Lakers had. Byron Scott and his system has no place in the NBA.

Can you tell me why you think this or do you just want me to take your word for it?

Yeah, and? Like I said, you can hide a sub par wing defender. You cant hide sub par big defenders. Can you tell me the last team to win a ring with a horrible defensive big man playing big minutes?

We don't know what Russells value is because unlike the Sixers, the Lakers are okay with their pick and havnt been trying to shop him. And I'm not sure Russell will be the better player going forward. I just know that a player who plays a style that is going extinct, plays no defense, doesn't show an interest in learning defense, with bad/slow defensive feet, and off the court issues within his first month in the NBA is not something that a team is going to give up a lot for

And when you have someone like OKA having **** around you is the worst thing possible... Oka came in with bad players around him for the system they were running for him.... So yes Russ had **** as well but russ wasnt doubled damn near every game all game like OKA was and he still had the better statistical out put.... Literally doubled all the time and still unstoppable offensively.. Russ isnt close to what OKA did last year he just isnt.... he will be much better but if we go by value its not close.... Oka has shown he will already be a legit NBA player and can be unstoppable on offense if pieces are put around him... Again doubled every game and still avg 17/7 with D-league players around him.. It was all eyes on oka he is all we need to stop and they still couldnt.

This isnt me being a homer because OKA will be off my team soon... And I think Russ still has more upside bi alot... But off of last year what they had to work with its not close.

vxyh
06-17-2016, 11:55 AM
Unfortunately for Simmons he would be best served being the piece to fit a skilled team together but going at the top of the draft is going to put him in a position where he's got to be the man.http://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/6.gif
http://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/4.gif http://yeahonlinemarketing.com/apple/images/20.gif

L@ker4Life
06-17-2016, 12:17 PM
Randle/Clarkson together are worth zero. I'd give a mid-late 2nd Rd pick for both. That's it. Neither has proven a damn thing other than being serviceable roll players off the bench. Individual stats are inflated bc the Lakers have been down right awful. Best thing to happen to LAL is Colby retiring

At this point they are prospects (highly valued ones at that). That's like saying I would give up a mid-late 2nd rd pick for simmons. He hasn't proven a damn thing....

C'mon man. :facepalm:

TheDish87
06-17-2016, 12:28 PM
they're not worth 0 but they sure arent gonna get Lakers fans what they hope they will net. I dont get why you all want to move Randle anyway

KingstonHawke
06-17-2016, 01:03 PM

Exactly why I'm saying they should flip him in a 3 trade deal. If you're the Kings you wouldn't take Okafor, Randle, and Clarkson for Cousins? I know I would. I'm very high on all three players. Only reason I would even make the trade from the Lakers perspective is because they have so much cap room to play with, and with Cousins on the roster would be a lot more likely to attract a quality FA.

youre making all this up. Lakers messed up by not taking Okafor and Russ has done nothing to improve his value since. I dont know how you can think giving up the better player and the better pick is fari for the Sixers. You have no idea how much either player was valued, neither do I. Okafor had a minor injury and got into one little fight but his mommas not scared and hes not going to LA.

YOU are saying the Lakers messed up by not taking Okafor. Personally, I agree. Same way the Kings messed up by not taking Mudiay. But our opinion isn't what matters. The Lakers have given no inclination that they regret their decision.

Okafor holds value, but back to the basket, paint eating big men just don't hold the value they used to. He can still work, but you need a stretch 4 next to him, not another under the rim guy like Randle. That would be a nightmare combo honestly

I keep hearing this a lot and it's flat out wrong. The philosophy is correct but what you don't realize is Okafor and Randle both will be great midrange shooters in a couple of years. Together they will look a lot like Randolph and Gasol in Memphis.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-17-2016, 02:39 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LQCU36pkH7c