PDA

View Full Version : Sox/A's Game thread

MG956
05-09-2016, 06:23 PM
Watching pre game and caught Jed Lowrie being interviewed, ( he was talking about how great he is), Is Rich Hill pitching tonight?

Fill in guys, I have to run but this team is worth talking about.

Green_Monster
05-09-2016, 07:04 PM
Like the broadcast just said, Jackie Bradley Jr. has really put it all together recently. Now he just needs to be consistent. Elite defense and a good bat in CF? I'll take it.

The Allen
05-09-2016, 07:24 PM
Buchholz just needs to go to the DL.

Bo Sox Fan
05-09-2016, 08:29 PM
The Washington Nationals just extended Stephen Strasburg to a 7 year, $175 million dollar contract.

One less upgrade for the Yankees rotation next winter with all their money coming off the books. Cashman will be punching a wall in 3... 2... 1...

sirpapithe1st
05-09-2016, 08:30 PM
I can't stand Bucholz. Have't been able to for a while. Every time he's pitching I almost assume they're more then likely going to lose unless the bats put on a clinic. Don't even throw him on the DL. Drop his ***. No other team would even want him i imagine. I guess the Sox are trying to hold out hope that he can go on a string of good outings like he did like once or twice, but while they're waiting for him to do that, he's causing the Sox to lose game after game and it's been old for a very very long time now. Anyone think that he will be the guy that comes out of the rotation when Erod comes back? He has to be I mean who else has done worse? He's had literally one good start out of what 6? He is worthless. Please get him off this team. I am not in the least bit worried that he will get picked up by someone else and be successful because he won't. I don't even want to hear the guys name any more. Not only that, but you can almost sense the the lack of confidence or lack of competitiveness or something like that when you hear him speak in interviews. Never says He's pitching bad, or is really struggling like Price did after his last bad outing. I think they might do it after this game...Fingers crossed.

Petertherock
05-09-2016, 11:16 PM
To answer your question...Price has been worse. Then there was Owens but we sent his *** down. But yeah...Buchholz has to go. Maybe if he went to a team that didn't have the pressure of Boston he could settle down but any team would be taking a big chance with him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Green_Monster
05-11-2016, 07:47 PM
JBJ is on absolute fire. Excluding the catchers spot, this lineup is pretty lethal.

Petertherock
05-12-2016, 01:17 AM
Catcher finally got a couple hits tonight. This team is on fire. They are an exciting team to watch...good thing too since the announcers with the exception of Remy who NESN is trying to push out are boring as all hell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bosox1899
05-13-2016, 08:53 PM
well wright came back to earth tonight. i think we all knew he wasn't going to remain at 3rd in the AL in ERA

Green_Monster
05-13-2016, 08:54 PM
well wright came back to earth tonight. i think we all knew he wasn't going to remain at 3rd in the AL in ERA

Everyone has bad nights. It's raining, which doesn't make it any easier.

bosox1899
05-13-2016, 11:05 PM
Everyone has bad nights. It's raining, which doesn't make it any easier.

true. i think the rain was the main factor. don't think knuckleballs work well in that weather

Green_Monster
05-14-2016, 07:50 AM
true. i think the rain was the main factor. don't think knuckleballs work well in that weather

Agreed, the knuckleball didn't have its normal movement last night. He missed high so many times. The offense still put up 6 runs which would win on most nights.

Bo Sox Fan
05-14-2016, 10:04 AM
Can Buchholz stop the bleeding or is he gonna cut the gash wider after 1 loss. Should be interesting!

The Allen
05-14-2016, 02:09 PM
Woop Clay sucks still.

Soxfan85
05-14-2016, 02:22 PM
DFA him yeah we loose the $13MM. He is cancer to the team.

1. Price

2. Porcello

3. Wright

4. E-Rod

5. Kelly.

No more cancer

Green_Monster
05-14-2016, 04:40 PM
Two outs, tie game, Ortiz on 3rd and you bunt with Hanley? Mind blowing.

Edit: I guess Hanley could've bunted by himself, but why would he? If so, that's a terrible move by him as well.

Soxfan85
05-14-2016, 05:21 PM
PAPI! Come out of retirement!

Rivera
05-14-2016, 05:51 PM
God I love Ortiz. He's crushing it. I hope he re considers

Bo Sox Fan
05-15-2016, 03:05 PM
This offence is a god damn pleasure to watch. And to think the vast majority of it is cost controlled for a good chunk of years yet.

Good luck with that AL East