PDA

View Full Version : Dave Joerger to coach Kings

mrblisterdundee
05-09-2016, 03:29 PM
Dave Joerger has verbally agreed to coach the Sacramento Kings, according to USA Today (http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/kings/2016/05/09/dave-joerger-sacramento-kings-memphis-grizzlies/84132000/).

mrblisterdundee
05-09-2016, 03:34 PM
At least Frank Vogel didn't get stuck in that mess of course, the Lakers should have been trying to get him instead of Luke Walton. I don't see how any coach can look at Sacramento and see anything by a **** show caused by management and ownership.

Hawkeye15
05-09-2016, 03:35 PM
lot of good coaches available this offseason

numba1CHANGsta
05-09-2016, 03:40 PM
Guess this means Cousins will be traded

kdspurman
05-09-2016, 03:40 PM
Brave soul

YAALREADYKNO
05-09-2016, 03:43 PM
He'll get fired by midseason

IndyRealist
05-09-2016, 03:43 PM
Guess this means Cousins will be traded

Why? Joerger is used to having big men as the focal point. Karl was doomed from the start, but I don't see a reason this doesn't at least have a chance.

Jamiecballer
05-09-2016, 03:46 PM
Yeah, see ya cousins unless joerger was forced to lie through his teeth and say how excited he was to work with cousins in order to get the job

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

TheNumber37
05-09-2016, 03:56 PM
4 years 16 mil

They are going to have to not fire him for the whole contract for it to mean anything.

The owner just thinks, well he coached a team to the playoffs, so we should get there with him.

kdspurman
05-09-2016, 03:58 PM
He'll get fired by midseason

You think they'll let him coach that long?

IndyRealist
05-09-2016, 04:09 PM
4 years 16 mil

They are going to have to not fire him for the whole contract for it to mean anything.

The owner just thinks, well he coached a team to the playoffs, so we should get there with him.

4th year is a team option.

I give it 70/30 he can get to the playoffs within 4 years, assuming they don't gut the team and start over.

Scoots
05-09-2016, 04:11 PM
Who is going to be his player development coach is the real question here. It's always possible for a new(ish) owner to realize the error in their ways and Ranadive has backed out of the spot light a little (after some pressure from other owners supposedly), so it's possible things will improve.

Is Vlade going to get some good help?

I hope they slow down their headlong rush to compete with the Warriors. The Warriors were lucky to be this good this fast (shut up Lacob) ... but even as fast as it was they understand continuity is a major plus.

lakerfan85
05-09-2016, 04:15 PM
Vlade is coming out of retirement..

Hawkeye15
05-09-2016, 04:23 PM
Vlade is coming out of retirement..

to do what, teach them how to flop, and pull out the chair?

IBleedPurple
05-09-2016, 04:34 PM
Brave soulNo kidding. Best of luck to him, he'll need it.

DboneG
05-09-2016, 05:29 PM
The Kings are moving in the right direction. I would assume that Dave Joerger has reached out to DMC and got his thoughts and to see where he's at. It's paramount that these two work together, and are on the same page. The other B-I-G thing is who/what big name free agent will the Kings pick up? If the Kings don't land a star player. You will have just more of the same. A disgruntle DMC yet another year, that just want to win.
The Kings have a lot of holes to fill on their roster. Rudy Gay isn't working...Seth Curry needs time...Rajon Rondo is the only other guy I'll keep alone with DMC.

mrblisterdundee
05-09-2016, 05:48 PM
The Kings are moving in the right direction. I would assume that Dave Joerger has reached out to DMC and got his thoughts and to see where he's at. It's paramount that these two work together, and are on the same page. The other B-I-G thing is who/what big name free agent will the Kings pick up? If the Kings don't land a star player. You will have just more of the same. A disgruntle DMC yet another year, that just want to win.
The Kings have a lot of holes to fill on their roster. Rudy Gay isn't working...Seth Curry needs time...Rajon Rondo is the only other guy I'll keep alone with DMC.

I think things have progressed too far for Cousins to work out in Sacramento. They might be better off trading Cousins for a bunch of assets and hitting the reset button. Cauley-Stein looks promising, as does McLemore. And with a couple years left on his contract, Cousins should be able to get Sacremento rebuild off to a quick start. Then comes getting rid of Gay.

Raidergrant
05-09-2016, 06:25 PM
I think things have progressed too far for Cousins to work out in Sacramento. They might be better off trading Cousins for a bunch of assets and hitting the reset button. Cauley-Stein looks promising, as does McLemore. And with a couple years left on his contract, Cousins should be able to get Sacremento rebuild off to a quick start. Then comes getting rid of Gay.

You must not watch the Kings that often. McLemore does not look promising, lol. He has been pretty horrible his whole career thus far. He's honestly not a NBA caliber player. His handles are horrible. He struggles with pretty much everything and has not progressed at all. The Kings need a new starting 2 guard, and a stretch 4 (I'm hoping Ryan Anderson).

Scoots
05-09-2016, 06:53 PM

It might be more accurate to say McLemore has disappointed after teasing having a game. It seems to me he's never going to be much of a player.

WCS with DMC is an odd combo. I don't know that they will work together all that well, but DMC, when engaged is a BIG talent and he's the one who has to get the floor time between them.

The whole key to the Kings future is someone getting DMC to be fully engaged on O and D, or moving on as soon as possible.

5ass
05-09-2016, 07:21 PM
Good move. Now they need to trade their only real trade assets (WCS+8th pick) for an allstar.

JLynn943
05-09-2016, 11:17 PM

You obviously don't watch the kings. There's nothing promising about McLemore other than he's still young and maybe has the same potential he did. He hasn't looked the part though at all. Also, Gay has played well in Sacramento (especially before Karl who pretty much had no plays for him) and is on an affordable deal. He's probably worth more to the team on the team than in a trade depending on if his reputation has improved.

I like the Joerger hiring a lot. He's worked with zbo and Matt Barnes, so he has experience with big personalities if we keep Cousins. He also got a lot out of very little this year.

JLynn943
05-09-2016, 11:19 PM
Who is going to be his player development coach is the real question here. It's always possible for a new(ish) owner to realize the error in their ways and Ranadive has backed out of the spot light a little (after some pressure from other owners supposedly), so it's possible things will improve.

Is Vlade going to get some good help?

I hope they slow down their headlong rush to compete with the Warriors. The Warriors were lucky to be this good this fast (shut up Lacob) ... but even as fast as it was they understand continuity is a major plus.

Elston Turner was supposedly being interviewed for an assistant job. That would be a good hire I think.

eDush
05-20-2016, 05:40 PM
I have sources that states Stephen Silas will replace Walton as the top assistant for the Warriors. This means that the Rockets will hire him as their HC to prevent that from happening which is my opinion. Links to follow on the Warriors intent.