PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Love shot 12% from inside the 3 point line in series against the Hawks

HouRealCoach
05-08-2016, 07:58 PM
Should Cleveland be worried about this? Dude is much better than that..

JasonJohnHorn
05-08-2016, 09:02 PM
If they were facing up against Horford and Milsap in every round, I'd be worried. But they aren't. He had a rough series, but he was willing passer, worked the glass, and contributed in other ways. Still not as strong a defender as I'd like him to be, but he was still helping to spread the floor.

The Cavs just swept two teams in a row. They are playing well as a team, so if one guy hits a bit of a slump when matched up against a couple of strong defenders, I don't think it's anything to worry about.

Whoever they play in the next round likely won't be able to put the same kind of pressure on Love. Now in the finals, the Cavs may find that Love is being covered by Green: then I'd be worried. But they have enough options to keep the GSW defence on its toes. If Green has to commit to Love, then that means somebody else is on LBJ (Iggy Barnes). Frye has been playing well, and Smith is having his moments.

They should have an easy time getting to the finals, where they will likely lose regardless of who they play against. Still... if Love really shows up in the finals, and LBJ plays like he did the last quarter of the season, and Smith and Frye have a hot hand, the Cavs have a shot.

Sorry for the rambling...

TR;DR: Nothing to worry about here.

prodigy
05-09-2016, 04:55 AM
Love is a good inside scorer so I believe this isn't an issue. Hawks played to stop inside scoring which is why Cavs shot 7 million 3's. He'll be fine. I just want his 3 ball to keep falling.

prodigy
05-09-2016, 04:57 AM
If they were facing up against Horford and Milsap in every round, I'd be worried. But they aren't. He had a rough series, but he was willing passer, worked the glass, and contributed in other ways. Still not as strong a defender as I'd like him to be, but he was still helping to spread the floor.

The Cavs just swept two teams in a row. They are playing well as a team, so if one guy hits a bit of a slump when matched up against a couple of strong defenders, I don't think it's anything to worry about.

Whoever they play in the next round likely won't be able to put the same kind of pressure on Love. Now in the finals, the Cavs may find that Love is being covered by Green: then I'd be worried. But they have enough options to keep the GSW defence on its toes. If Green has to commit to Love, then that means somebody else is on LBJ (Iggy Barnes). Frye has been playing well, and Smith is having his moments.

They should have an easy time getting to the finals, where they will likely lose regardless of who they play against. Still... if Love really shows up in the finals, and LBJ plays like he did the last quarter of the season, and Smith and Frye have a hot hand, the Cavs have a shot.

Sorry for the rambling...

TR;DR: Nothing to worry about here.

Warriors and Spurs both have serious issues to deal with right now. Bogut can't cover Frye or love.

eDush
05-09-2016, 07:52 AM
^ You never seen Bogut play to say he can't cover your Love. If he tries a post play, he be on the ground like a rag doll. If he can hit the 3 from the key, he really earns it cause no one can guard him with his height and his ability to pass.

Tony_Starks
05-09-2016, 09:36 AM
Well Atlantas game plan was to pack the paint and make them beat them from the three.

We see how that worked...

Chronz
05-09-2016, 10:08 AM
They really didn't pack the paint so much as they walled off driving angles, more than any team in the league they have learned to leverage the mobility of their bis in the pnr so they overload the strongside more than anyone
Love was struggling with bunnies, on a few occasions he actually had the defense beat but was too slow to take advantage. Him inside is just not the best Way for him to attack this team. While you try not to worry about small samples he's been struggling on o these entire playoffs, he's stepped up his defense and rebounding tho

MonroeFAN
05-09-2016, 11:51 AM
I feel like the rest of the league should be worried that Cleveland can sweep you with one of it's best players struggling.

spreadeagle
05-09-2016, 12:19 PM
I feel like the rest of the league should be worried that Cleveland can sweep you with one of it's best players struggling.

lmao very true

Vee-Rex
05-09-2016, 12:37 PM
Not worried one bit. He was 3/28 inside the 3 point line, but guess what?

He was 1/17 INSIDE 5 FEET. He is a terrific finisher around the rim but just couldn't get it to drop. That will change.

Part of it too is that Atlanta was playing really rough in the paint and the whistle just didn't go Love's way. That paint was crowded and they dared the Cavs to beat them from 3 ALL SERIES. He averaged less FT per game than his career and his season lows.

Hawkeye15
05-09-2016, 01:19 PM
seems to be killing them so far

JasonJohnHorn
05-09-2016, 02:15 PM
Love is undefeated in the playoffs. Never lost a playoff game.

I guess even if he's not hitting 3's, he's still a good luck charm.

Chronz
05-09-2016, 08:41 PM
Not worried one bit. He was 3/28 inside the 3 point line, but guess what?

He was 1/17 INSIDE 5 FEET. He is a terrific finisher around the rim but just couldn't get it to drop. That will change.

Part of it too is that Atlanta was playing really rough in the paint and the whistle just didn't go Love's way. That paint was crowded and they dared the Cavs to beat them from 3 ALL SERIES. He averaged less FT per game than his career and his season lows.
Love has been sucking as a go to post option tho. Hes missed bunnies even against mismatches. If not for his outlet shooting he would have been killing the team out there. He better turn that **** around if he wants to avenge any lost accolades from this joining

Vee-Rex
05-09-2016, 10:11 PM
Love has been sucking as a go to post option tho. Hes missed bunnies even against mismatches. If not for his outlet shooting he would have been killing the team out there. He better turn that **** around if he wants to avenge any lost accolades from this joining

He did pretty good in the post vs. Detroit.

But yeah he has sucked against Horford and Sap. Gotta give those two credit too for good defense against him.

prodigy
05-10-2016, 02:45 AM
^ You never seen Bogut play to say he can't cover your Love. If he tries a post play, he be on the ground like a rag doll. If he can hit the 3 from the key, he really earns it cause no one can guard him with his height and his ability to pass.

Then Love will be at the FT Line where he shoots over 80% thanks Bogut for the free pts lol

Chronz
05-10-2016, 11:42 AM
He did pretty good in the post vs. Detroit.

But yeah he has sucked against Horford and Sap. Gotta give those two credit too for good defense against him.

If by pretty good you mean less effective than he has been all year (a big deal for a guy that was as efficient as he was in those sets), then yeah. He definitely wasn't as awful vs Detroit for sure but to say he was pretty good would be a lie, but hey, so long as hes undefeated, hes doing what hes suppose to do as a 3rd banana. Must be harder to find consistency in that role

Hawkeye15
05-11-2016, 02:59 PM
to be fair, Millisap has always been a matchup nightmare for Love. Strong enough to negate Love's bullying, but quick enough to contest

Vee-Rex
05-11-2016, 05:12 PM
If by pretty good you mean less effective than he has been all year (a big deal for a guy that was as efficient as he was in those sets), then yeah. He definitely wasn't as awful vs Detroit for sure but to say he was pretty good would be a lie, but hey, so long as hes undefeated, hes doing what hes suppose to do as a 3rd banana. Must be harder to find consistency in that role

How so?

He only shot 20% (1/5) on hook shots out of the post, but he shot 75% (6/8) on fadeaways outside the post. That's 7/13 out of the post, not counting the fouls he was able to draw, not counting how well he passed the ball to open shooters out of the post, not counting how well he reacted to the double team. He even squared up a few times and nailed his patented bank shot (3/6 for bank shots).

He abused Tobias Harris in the post, while only averaging 1 TO per game (and not all were from the post). I wouldn't say he absolutely dominated, but I'd say he did pretty good. Enough so that Detroit literally had to make adjustments to how they defended him to try to nullify his post game.

He has been good all year in the post (with the exception of some annoying turnovers), but it was even more satisfying to see his post game having an impact during a playoff series.

Nick O
05-12-2016, 11:58 AM
Love has never lost a playoff game ever.. Love > MJ,LBJ,Steph

SfgiantsJD3
05-12-2016, 05:38 PM
Love has never lost a playoff game ever.. Love > MJ,LBJ,Steph

And he has never won a NBA finals

prodigy
05-14-2016, 12:52 AM
And he has never won a NBA finals

Thanks to Boston