PDA

View Full Version : Should D-Wade be suspended for game 4 for his actions in game 3 ?

basketballkitty
05-08-2016, 01:51 PM
D-Wade is getting a lot of National criticism for his actions before game 3 when he did not stand in-line, or show any kind of respect for the Canadian National Anthem that was being sung, rather chose to hoist up practice shots.

So, should the league take action and suspend Wade for game 4 ? I know some here might think that it was no Big deal....but, you would be wrong. There is a past precedents for Wade getting a suspension for this act. Remember " Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf "

But I suspect Ole Adam Silver to SUCK the Heat's you know what...and just Ignore the whole thing.

spreadeagle
05-08-2016, 01:52 PM
Pretty classless and rude to the girl singing, I think if a Raptors player did this in America it would be a huge issue

The Toronto Raptors beat Miami on the road Saturday night to take a 2-1 series lead with a 95-91 win. Heat star Dwyane Wade dropped 38 on Toronto - but the three-time champion is under fire after cameras showed him taking a few extra shots while a singer was at midcourt performing the Canadian national anthem.
Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf was famously suspended one game in 1996 for failing to "stand and line up in a dignified posture" during the national anthem

Link http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/toronto-raptors-miami-heat-dwyane-wade-canadian-anthem-050816

basketballkitty
05-08-2016, 01:56 PM
I Just posted a similar thread about this...1 minute BEFORE yours! So to NOT post in My thread about this would be JUST as DISRESPECTFUL as Wade disrespecting that Little girl AND the Canadian National Anthem!!

So please close this thread now!!...( Sarcasm ) :laugh::laugh::laugh:

spreadeagle
05-08-2016, 01:59 PM
I Just posted a similar thread about this...1 minute BEFORE yours! So to NOT post in My thread about this would be JUST as DISRESPECTFUL as Wade disrespecting that Little girl AND the Canadian National Anthem!!

So please close this thread now!!...( Sarcasm ) :laugh::laugh::laugh:

hahaha ya saw that didnt see a thread when I posted

ghettosean
05-08-2016, 02:02 PM
I didn't know this... If true Wade is a ****ing punk *****!!!! Hard to be more disrespectful than that.

ghettosean
05-08-2016, 02:02 PM
I didn't know this... If true Wade is a ****ing punk *****!!!! Hard to be more disrespectful than that.

spreadeagle
05-08-2016, 02:06 PM

Click the link there is a video

basketballkitty
05-08-2016, 02:08 PM
hahaha ya saw that didnt see a thread when I posted

No biggie dude, I was just kidding with you. We can discuss here.....I just HOPE that this incident doesn't get brushed under the National Media Rug. If it doesn't, and people are talking about it on the ESPN shows tomorrow, I suspect Wade will get a Fine from Adam Silver. But to suspend him ?...No way will Silver have the BALLS to do that. Even though he should. He won't deprive the National TV audience of D-Wade in a playoff game. Which just shows Silver is a freaking Cowherd!!

S & B Bleeder
05-08-2016, 02:11 PM

THIS.

What a punk bizatch overWaded is. Silver needs to suspend his dumb *** for game 4, ESPECIALLY since Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf got suspended for much less.

How would everyone feel if one of the Euro/Canadian/World players did the same thing during the National Anthem? Pissed off is what.

**** overWaded.

Raps in 5

spreadeagle
05-08-2016, 02:11 PM
No biggie dude, I was just kidding with you. We can discuss here.....I just HOPE that this incident doesn't get brushed under the National Media Rug. If it doesn't, and people are talking about it on the ESPN shows tomorrow, I suspect Wade will get a Fine from Adam Silver. But to suspend him ?...No way will Silver have the BALLS to do that. Even though he should. He won't deprive the National TV audience of D-Wade in a playoff game. Which just shows Silver is a freaking Cowherd!!

I agree, wouldnt want him suspended(although it would be great for my Raptors) but would like to see him hafta answer some questions about why he couldnt pause his shots for 30 seconds and kept shooting

basketballkitty
05-08-2016, 02:14 PM
I agree, wouldnt want him suspended(although it would be great for my Raptors) but would like to see him hafta answer some questions about why he couldnt pause his shots for 30 seconds and kept shooting

I say either suspend him for game 4...or his choice..take the playoff game suspension...or agree to pay a 5 million dollar fine...Money to go to a Canadian Charity. See which one Wade wants to accept.

Toronto Homer
05-08-2016, 02:29 PM
My guess is that he will apologize and maybe pay a fine. Hopefully the $$ from the fine can go to the fire victims in Fort McMurray or another Canadian cause. We are the ones who could feel disrespected.

aman_13
05-08-2016, 02:33 PM
My guess is that he will apologize and maybe pay a fine. Hopefully the $$ from the fine can go to the fire victims in Fort McMurray or another Canadian cause. We are the ones who could feel disrespected.

I like that idea. The Raptors and the NBA should show support. It's crazy what's going on over there.

mike_noodles
05-08-2016, 02:41 PM
They should stick to the precedent already set. But I doubt they will, he will get the superstar treatment no doubt.

Pfeifer
05-08-2016, 02:48 PM
He wont get a thing. League is essing his d this series.

5ass
05-08-2016, 03:02 PM
Abdul Rauf was actually standing up (or sitting down) for what he believes in... I can respect that. Wade was just being a dick.

JasonJohnHorn
05-08-2016, 03:17 PM
I'm Canadian and pulling for the Raptors, and the most I would suggest is a fine. I don't even care if he doesn't get that.

Sometimes you zone things out around you. I'm not sure what was going on with Wade there; maybe this was just a slip of the mind, and maybe it was malicious. Either way, no need to suspend him.

WaDe03
05-08-2016, 03:35 PM
Lmao. You guys should check Wades practice quotes about it from today. He ends his shooting routine on a make. He was bricking everything though. Some of yall are overreacting something serious. Didn't Waiters not even come out for the national anthem one game and not get suspended. If anything Wakters should've been suspended. This is America not Canada. So much disrespect from Waiters. He's a dick for that.

nastynice
05-08-2016, 03:36 PM
That's pretty low class. That's surprising, he never seemed to be that type of a guy. Very possible that he just wasn't thinking, lost in his own thoughts, and didn't mean it. I don't know

ghettosean
05-08-2016, 03:37 PM
We all know if a Canadian did this during the American national anthem they wouldn't just call for a suspension they'd call for his head (we all know this is true). If he doesn't get suspended any player should be able it do whatever they want during any anthem including cutting there toe nails. A line needs to be drawn at some point to stop **** like that and to set a precedent for all players in the league.

WaDe03
05-08-2016, 03:49 PM
He scored 38 so keep doing what you want Wade. Maybe someone else on the team will help. Wade said if you think he was trying to disrespect them then you don't know who he is.

IndyRealist
05-08-2016, 04:00 PM
This should be a suspension. There's already precedent.

mkcavy
05-08-2016, 04:12 PM
He should at least be fined, with the money going to the Fort MacMurray Red Cross Fund

kdspurman
05-08-2016, 04:23 PM
Lmao. You guys should check Wades practice quotes about it from today. He ends his shooting routine on a make. He was bricking everything though. Some of yall are overreacting something serious. Didn't Waiters not even come out for the national anthem one game and not get suspended. If anything Wakters should've been suspended. This is America not Canada. So much disrespect from Waiters. He's a dick for that.

Quotes are quotes man, people can say whatever after the fact.

But it was a little disrespectful, routine or not. There is a rule in place about it, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's a fine for this. Don't think it'll be a suspension

Chronz
05-08-2016, 04:35 PM
Abdul Rauf was actually standing up (or sitting down) for what he believes in... I can respect that. Wade was just being a dick.

lol. well put

Chronz
05-08-2016, 04:41 PM
I'm Canadian and pulling for the Raptors, and the most I would suggest is a fine. I don't even care if he doesn't get that.

Sometimes you zone things out around you. I'm not sure what was going on with Wade there; maybe this was just a slip of the mind, and maybe it was malicious. Either way, no need to suspend him.

hahahaha. back to back to back you guys are just killing me today.

This one might be unintentionally funny tho, you just lent credence to the many theories we have about Canadians with this line, lol cmon man, grow a pair and ask for his head on a pike already.

Saddletramp
05-08-2016, 04:55 PM

So what if he didn't make one when the U.S. Anthem started? Or when it was time to start the game? Everyone would have to wait on him to make one? When shoot around is over, you stop. Plain and simple.

In saying that, I don't know/care what kind of punishment cones down but you can't keep letting anyone just do whatever.

SensandRaps
05-08-2016, 05:00 PM
i dont want a suspension as a Canadian, rather have the raptors beat the heat with him in the lineup (if it happens)

dick move by wade though and considering history he should be suspended but at the same time its the playoffs and he is a star player so maybe all he has to do is answer a few tough questions

WaDe03
05-08-2016, 05:10 PM
So what if he didn't make one when the U.S. Anthem started? Or when it was time to start the game? Everyone would have to wait on him to make one? When shoot around is over, you stop. Plain and simple.

In saying that, I don't know/care what kind of punishment cones down but you can't keep letting anyone just do whatever.

No they don't wait the same thing just happens. I wouldn't give 2 ***** if Lowry was shooting during the national anthem. Trump is about to be our president for **** sake.

basketballkitty
05-08-2016, 05:19 PM
No they don't wait the same thing just happens. I wouldn't give 2 ***** if Lowry was shooting during the national anthem. Trump is about to be our president for **** sake.

Senior " Pedro " Trump will NEVER be President. You're delusional if you think he will ever beat Hillary.

WaDe03
05-08-2016, 05:41 PM
Senior " Pedro " Trump will NEVER be President. You're delusional if you think he will ever beat Hillary.

I didn't think he would make it this far so I can't say what will or will not happen.

t_money25
05-08-2016, 05:44 PM
Was it disrespectful? Yes but is it really that serious? I don't think so. I could care less is Cory Joseph beats his meat during the US national anthem.

A former Notre Dame running back died today but stupid **** like this gets a whole lot more attention SMH

Saddletramp
05-08-2016, 05:45 PM

So if Wade hasn't hit a shot by tipoff, he just hangs out on his side and shoots until he makes one while the other players are playing the game? Gotcha.

t_money25
05-08-2016, 05:46 PM

If he does become president, Canadians better get prepared for some real disrespect

WaDe03
05-08-2016, 05:54 PM
So if Wade hasn't hit a shot by tipoff, he just hangs out on his side and shoots until he makes one while the other players are playing the game? Gotcha.

Is that what I said? Rockets fans man.

Redrum187
05-08-2016, 05:56 PM
Wade gets a call during shoot around...

Gabrielle Union: Honey, I was in a car accident and I only have a few minutes left to live... all the kids are dead...

Wade: Let me make my last shot real quick. Hold up.

WaDe03
05-08-2016, 05:57 PM
Was it disrespectful? Yes but is it really that serious? I don't think so. I could care less is Cory Joseph beats his meat during the US national anthem.

A former Notre Dame running back died today but stupid **** like this gets a whole lot more attention SMH

Yea man that sucks. One of my best friends is his teammate. Of course something like this has to be huge news for some reason. It's just something for people to ***** about who probably in reality couldn't care less about the national anthem when they go to the events.

WaDe03
05-08-2016, 05:58 PM
Wade gets a call during shoot around...

Gabrielle Union: Honey, I was in a car accident and I only have a few minutes left to live... all the kids are dead...

Wade: Let me make my last shot real quick. Hold up.

Where does your hate for the Heat and mainly Wade in particular come from? You're in every Heat thread I've seen talking **** about them.

Saddletramp
05-08-2016, 06:04 PM
Is that what I said? Rockets fans man.

That's exactly what you said:

So what if he didn't make one when the U.S. Anthem started? Or when it was time to start the game? Everyone would have to wait on him to make one? When shoot around is over, you stop. Plain and simple. .

Lol, Heat fans, man.

HandsOnTheWheel
05-08-2016, 06:07 PM
It's ****ed up but he shouldn't be suspended.

WaDe03
05-08-2016, 06:16 PM
That's exactly what you said:

Lol, Heat fans, man.

We're talking about pre game routines. Of course he would make one before the game started. Do you give every bit of attention you have to the anthem every time you see it being performed? If you answer yes, you're lying and if you answer no then in this case you should be kicked out.

t_money25
05-08-2016, 06:21 PM
Yea man that sucks. One of my best friends is his teammate. Of course something like this has to be huge news for some reason. It's just something for people to ***** about who probably in reality couldn't care less about the national anthem when they go to the events.

That's what happens when people have an agenda. Personally IMO the biggest problem
With today's society combined with social media is everyone has an opinion about EVERYTHING and they think it needs to be expressed.

WaDe03
05-08-2016, 06:40 PM
That's what happens when people have an agenda. Personally IMO the biggest problem
With today's society combined with social media is everyone has an opinion about EVERYTHING and they think it needs to be expressed.

I couldn't agree more.

nastynice
05-08-2016, 07:05 PM
Tho I think it was a dick move by wade, suspending him would be WAY over the top, and a much bigger dick move by the nba

Redrum187
05-08-2016, 07:11 PM
Do I think a suspension is necessary? No. Let the disrespectful d-bag play.

Should the league be consistent with the precedent already set for disrespectful gestures like this? Yes. They should suspend him. They can't suspend someone else and then give Wade a free pass.

Those are two different questions though.

JWO35
05-08-2016, 07:19 PM
It's ****ed up but he shouldn't be suspended.

It's literally this simple...if Corey Joseph did the same thing during the Star Spangled Banner I wouldn't care (I'm sure most Americans wouldn't just like most Canadians probably don't care about Wade).

I can see him getting a fine because technically he did violate a rule that's enforced by the NBA, but anything further than that would be ridiculous.

WaDe03
05-08-2016, 07:24 PM
It's literally this simple...if Corey Joseph did the same thing during the Star Spangled Banner I wouldn't care (I'm sure most Americans wouldn't just like most Canadians probably don't care about Wade).

I can see him getting a fine because technically he did violate a rule that's enforced by the NBA, but anything further than that would be ridiculous.

Exactly, nobody really cares but it's just something for them to ***** about. Especially if you're redrum and it's a player you hate and team you hate. I hate James Harden but wouldn't give 2 ***** if he was doing full court layup drills during the national anthem.

Redrum187
05-08-2016, 07:27 PM
Exactly, nobody really cares but it's just something for them to ***** about. Especially if you're redrum and it's a player you hate and team you hate. I hate James Harden but wouldn't give 2 ***** if he was doing full court layup drills during the national anthem.

:laugh: I don't hate Miami or Wade.

Even I said it doesn't deserve a suspension. However, the NBA has already dealt with conduct like this and have issued a suspension. It's not hate to say that the NBA ought to be consistent with their punishments.

More-Than-Most
05-08-2016, 07:42 PM

Actually the notion that nobody cares if just false... By the fall out it seems the majority care while a few dont unless you just believe everyone hates the heat/wade and just wants to do anything to destroy them.......

Its disrespectful period and speaking of agenda he clearly had an agenda considering he did this **** before.... I wouldnt suspend him but a hefty fine is 100 percent justified.

JWO35
05-08-2016, 07:48 PM
:laugh: I don't hate Miami or Wade.

Even I said it doesn't deserve a suspension. However, the NBA has already dealt with conduct like this and have issued a suspension. It's not hate to say that the NBA ought to be consistent with their punishments.

I can understand the NBA being consistent with their punishments, but the Abdul-Rauf situation was clearly different IMO. Abdul-Rauf's ignoring the anthem was political/religious driven, while Wade's wasn't. If Wade failed to acknowledge the Canadian national anthem because he disagrees with something that occurs in Canada on a political/religious level then it would be something to compare and the NBA failing to take similar action would show some inconsistency.

I don't have an issue with what Abdul-Rauf did either, but I can understand the NBA's stance on that issue with the comments he made.

Raps08-09 Champ
05-08-2016, 07:52 PM
Didn't Brandon Roy get criticized for this before?

Phantom Dreamer
05-08-2016, 08:08 PM
Wade is a garbage person, impregnating one woman while engaged to another, but why are we having national anthems sung before sporting events still?

2-15's4-22's
05-08-2016, 08:11 PM
Actually the notion that nobody cares if just false... By the fall out it seems the majority care while a few dont unless you just believe everyone hates the heat/wade and just wants to do anything to destroy them.......

Its disrespectful period and speaking of agenda he clearly had an agenda considering he did this **** before.... I wouldnt suspend him but a hefty fine is 100 percent justified.

I know I wouldnt give a **** is someone from raptors did it. I got to much other stuff going on in my life to be *****ing about someone taking jump shots during the anthem... I just want a win and so I can watch the highlights on espn

t_money25
05-08-2016, 08:14 PM
I know I wouldnt give a **** is someone from raptors did it. I got to much other stuff going on in my life to be *****ing about someone taking jump shots during the anthem... I just want a win and so I can watch the highlights on espn

Well said

2-15's4-22's
05-08-2016, 08:16 PM
Wade is a garbage person, impregnating one woman while engaged to another, but why are we having national anthems sung before sporting events still?

Pretty sure there are some people close to you or people who you respect that have done the same. People **** up plain and simple what he did was wrong yes but I cant judge him off of one or two mistakes nobody is perfect. Its about him manning up and making things right between him and his spouse. And your right why do they still sing the national anthem before a sporting event?

LanceUpperCut
05-08-2016, 08:28 PM
Why does saying I couldn't care less what someone does make it better. I personally don't give a crap what ****** things these guys do but guess what when they do it's obviously that people will talk and it shows what kind of person they are and if I was running a business that is trying to provide good role models I'd say disrespecting a countries anthem is kind of a big deal.

I don't think he should be suspended by any means but trying to just brush it off cause your guy did something stupid is pretty lame. I'm 100% positive the one's they say they don't care would be calling out a player they didn't like if they did that.

ewing
05-08-2016, 08:49 PM
no this series is actually entertaining

WaDe03
05-08-2016, 09:00 PM
Dion Waiters didn't even join his team for the anthem though. What a ****** person. Also Wade wasn't engaged when he got that girl pregnant but people act like they know what they're talking about.

WaDe03
05-08-2016, 09:04 PM

People like to ***** about things like this. Also a lot of people still hate Wade/Heat from the big 3 but I don't really care about that it's just funny seeing everyone cry over something as little as this. It's fine if it bothers some people but if they don't give every bit of their attention to the anthem every time they hear it or see it performed I don't want to see them *****ing about it.

More-Than-Most
05-08-2016, 09:14 PM
People like to ***** about things like this. Also a lot of people still hate Wade/Heat from the big 3 but I don't really care about that it's just funny seeing everyone cry over something as little as this. It's fine if it bothers some people but if they don't give every bit of their attention to the anthem every time they hear it or see it performed I don't want to see them *****ing about it.

You think wade is hated? Wade and hated should never be in the same sentence when it comes to the majority of other superstar basketball players.. Wade is not hated.. Wade has been irrelevant for a few years since the big 3 after a magical early career but not hated.... The only people I think might hate wade are Kobe Bryant fans because some like to measure the 2 and who is better stuff... But overall hate? No.... Do things like this get over blown? Yes and it happens in every sport with all top athletes all of the time outside of Durant... Durant is the only superstar who seems to deflect hate without even trying.... Wade is not hated.

What he did is more disrespectful than a player not showing up for the anthem... Its disrespectful to the fans/person singing the anthem... Should he be suspended? No.... Is it disrespectful? Yes.... Does this make him a **** person? No.... What he did was a **** thing to do.. but you are trying to brush this off as its nothing and he is a victim and its just as bad as the people who are talking about him like he murdered someone.

ewing
05-08-2016, 09:22 PM
Why does saying I couldn't care less what someone does make it better. I personally don't give a crap what ****** things these guys do but guess what when they do it's obviously that people will talk and it shows what kind of person they are and if I was running a business that is trying to provide good role models I'd say disrespecting a countries anthem is kind of a big deal.

I don't think he should be suspended by any means but trying to just brush it off cause your guy did something stupid is pretty lame. I'm 100% positive the one's they say they don't care would be calling out a player they didn't like if they did that.

never liked Wade and I don't care

WaDe03
05-08-2016, 09:40 PM
You think wade is hated? Wade and hated should never be in the same sentence when it comes to the majority of other superstar basketball players.. Wade is not hated.. Wade has been irrelevant for a few years since the big 3 after a magical early career but not hated.... The only people I think might hate wade are Kobe Bryant fans because some like to measure the 2 and who is better stuff... But overall hate? No.... Do things like this get over blown? Yes and it happens in every sport with all top athletes all of the time outside of Durant... Durant is the only superstar who seems to deflect hate without even trying.... Wade is not hated.

What he did is more disrespectful than a player not showing up for the anthem... Its disrespectful to the fans/person singing the anthem... Should he be suspended? No.... Is it disrespectful? Yes.... Does this make him a **** person? No.... What he did was a **** thing to do.. but you are trying to brush this off as its nothing and he is a victim and its just as bad as the people who are talking about him like he murdered someone.

I stopped reading at the Wade is irrelevant part.

Dade County
05-08-2016, 10:09 PM
D-Wade is getting a lot of National criticism for his actions before game 3 when he did not stand in-line, or show any kind of respect for the Canadian National Anthem that was being sung, rather chose to hoist up practice shots.

So, should the league take action and suspend Wade for game 4 ? I know some here might think that it was no Big deal....but, you would be wrong. There is a past precedents for Wade getting a suspension for this act. Remember " Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf "

But I suspect Ole Adam Silver to SUCK the Heat's you know what...and just Ignore the whole thing.

:laugh2:

Phantom Dreamer
05-08-2016, 10:53 PM
Dion Waiters didn't even join his team for the anthem though. What a ****** person. Also Wade wasn't engaged when he got that girl pregnant but people act like they know what they're talking about.Oh, he was "on a break" with Union, my bad...SMH.

2-15's4-22's
05-08-2016, 10:55 PM
Oh, he was "on a break" with Union, my bad...SMH.

Lol

cmellofan15
05-08-2016, 11:00 PM
So of the hundreds of pre game shoot arounds he's participated in this is the only one where he's missed enough to carry on into the national anthem? I think his career fg% disagrees with that lmao

numba1CHANGsta
05-08-2016, 11:18 PM
D-Wade should just change his name to D-Bag

D-BAGDAN
05-08-2016, 11:46 PM
D-Wade should just change his name to D-Bag

Then he can join my fantasy leagues at dbagleagues.net haha. Shameless plug. Anyways, the NBA probably wont do anything because of his stature but precedence has been set and he should be suspended. You cant play the ignorance card all the time. He didnt even apologize for it. Classy dude but is anyone really surprised hes classless? Not I

WaDe03
05-09-2016, 01:22 AM
He's obviously not getting suspended or fined. Maybe there will be something else in the news tomorrow like LeBron didn't wear his seat belt on the airplane for people on here to ***** about. I know that would have Kobe fans fired up.

Redrum187
05-09-2016, 05:09 AM
I hope Andre Drummond doesn't keep shooting free throws during shoot around until he finally makes one.

ghettosean
05-09-2016, 07:05 AM
Well he did break league rules:

http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_h.html?nav=ArticleList

(2) Players, coaches and trainers are to stand and line up in a dignified posture along the sidelines or on the foul line during the playing of the National Anthem.

Whether he gets disciplined is another story all together.

Tony_Starks
05-09-2016, 08:48 AM
Is this outrage serious?

TRIUMPHATOR
05-09-2016, 09:07 AM
Is this outrage serious?

Not at all, quite the opposite tbh.

...but imagine if it was Corey Joseph (a Canadian) doing the same thing during the American National anthem? It would be on the front page of every newspaper in the country.

Tony_Starks
05-09-2016, 09:32 AM
Not at all, quite the opposite tbh.

...but imagine if it was Corey Joseph (a Canadian) doing the same thing during the American National anthem? It would be on the front page of every newspaper in the country.

It probably would becuase the outrage police are always looking for a cause but in the grand scheme of things who cares.

If I were in the league I'd probably go the Brandon Roy route and not even come out for the anthem, American or Canadian.

TRIUMPHATOR
05-09-2016, 09:48 AM
Or get rid of the anthems altogether?

Last I checked, there is only 1 team outside the US and players from all over the world.

Chaotic98
05-09-2016, 10:10 AM
Do I think a suspension is necessary? No. Let the disrespectful d-bag play.

Should the league be consistent with the precedent already set for disrespectful gestures like this? Yes. They should suspend him. They can't suspend someone else and then give Wade a free pass.

Those are two different questions though.

100% agree with you. In terms of precedent he should get 1 game. The league shouldn't and can't give him a free pass for being a future hall of famer.

However, what should happen is this. Wade actually apologizes instead of giving some BS reponse like he did, then he gets fined 100K, with that money going to the Fort McMurray region, with the Heat and Raptors matching it, and with Wade then donating another 100K for PR purposes.

200k for Wade is pennies after endorsement, and no tax laws in Florida. Allows for a positive from all those people and organizations from a negative and disrespectful action.

Toronto Homer
05-09-2016, 10:11 AM
Or get rid of the anthems altogether?

Last I checked, there is only 1 team outside the US and players from all over the world.

This is the route I would like to see all sports go to be honest. If they do however feel the need to play the anthem, just play the anthem of the home team's country and make it for the fans. The players are so international now that it doesn't really reflect a lot of them.

Burkey3472
05-09-2016, 10:18 AM
It's disrespectful but certainly not worth any type of suspension. Give him a fine because he broke the rules and be done with it.

MonroeFAN
05-09-2016, 10:20 AM

What the heck? I realize you're a Wade fan, but come the **** on dude. This is a punk move.

No suspension though. His team-mates who have worked hard shouldn't suffer because he's a moron.

Chaotic98
05-09-2016, 10:24 AM
I can understand the NBA being consistent with their punishments, but the Abdul-Rauf situation was clearly different IMO. Abdul-Rauf's ignoring the anthem was political/religious driven, while Wade's wasn't. If Wade failed to acknowledge the Canadian national anthem because he disagrees with something that occurs in Canada on a political/religious level then it would be something to compare and the NBA failing to take similar action would show some inconsistency.

I don't have an issue with what Abdul-Rauf did either, but I can understand the NBA's stance on that issue with the comments he made.

I agree that both are different. I disagree with who you feel garnered more discipline.

I side more with Abdul-Rauf than Wade. Abul-Rauf was doing it for religious and political purposes which should be protected under freedom of speech and religious exemptions. However, Wade did it because he chose to do it under his own belief, showing selfishness, arrogance and disrespect.

Again it isn't about if you care or if he meant to be disrespectful. He did it and there is precedent. He should be suspended, but I can live with a fine with it being donated to a charity.

The NBA enforces all their employees to be and to demonstrate professionalism. Coaches must wear suits. Players must wear suits if injured or track suits while on the bench. Do I care if either are in hoodies and shorts? No. It's not about my caring, its about adhering to a profession code of conduct written in the league's rules. I'm not taking legal filings to a lawyer in ripped jeans and a T-shirt because that's not professional or respectful to their industry or clients. Same with not wearing a suit or shooting around during the anthem. He's a veteran and future hall of famer, if anything we should expect more from him not how he chose to conduct himself.

TRIUMPHATOR
05-09-2016, 10:47 AM
As a Canadian, I'm proud of most of you guys. Most of these posts make sense, and some are just too obtuse to understand. Under no circumstances do you disrespect an anthem, and I haven't when attending games the US.

The pregame warmup BS is exactly that. He could've done it 20 mins earlier. Who are we kidding to with these excuses?

This reminds me of the upside-down Canadian flag in the 92 world series.

That said, does he deserve a suspension? Probably not? But ffs be respectful.

Not a big F-in deal unless it was the other way around.

Slug3
05-09-2016, 10:50 AM
100% agree with you. In terms of precedent he should get 1 game. The league shouldn't and can't give him a free pass for being a future hall of famer.

However, what should happen is this. Wade actually apologizes instead of giving some BS reponse like he did, then he gets fined 100K, with that money going to the Fort McMurray region, with the Heat and Raptors matching it, and with Wade then donating another 100K for PR purposes.

200k for Wade is pennies after endorsement, and no tax laws in Florida. Allows for a positive from all those people and organizations from a negative and disrespectful action.

I mean no, you can't make a guy donate. If Wade doesnt care then he just doesnt care. The league can't make him stand for an anthem. Is it a bad gesture? Of course, but if he wants to be that way then its on him. But in no way should you force someone to donate or even apologize if they don't want to. Let him be a jerk.

Chaotic98
05-09-2016, 10:59 AM
I mean no, you can't make a guy donate. If Wade doesnt care then he just doesnt care. The league can't make him stand for an anthem. Is it a bad gesture? Of course, but if he wants to be that way then its on him. But in no way should you force someone to donate or even apologize if they don't want to. Let him be a jerk.

I didn't mean Wade should be forced to donate (the league should donate his fine). The donation and apology part, should be under his own volition for his own PR's sake. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Slug3
05-09-2016, 11:07 AM
I didn't mean Wade should be forced to donate (the league should donate his fine). The donation and apology part, should be under his own volition for his own PR's sake. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

I mean I get it, most people probably wouldn't have done what Wade did. And Wade has always shot till he made his last basket and in his mind probably thought it was no big deal. Most people would have said sorry and promised it wouldn't happen again. But again what if Wade really just doesnt care and doesnt mind looking like a jerk? I don't think you can really do much to someone if they don't want to stand for another countries national anthem. Especially if the game was being played in america this time. Again I am not saying he did not wrong or I agree with him. As I do think it was a bad move. But if he wants to be a jerk then I guess let him be one and just hate him for it.

ManRam
05-09-2016, 11:08 AM
A suspension is a ridiculous thing to be clamoring for. Fine him. Tell him not to do it again...but a suspension in the middle of the playoffs for something completely unrelated to basketball is just silly.

Sounds like you want Silver to go Roger Goodell here, which is bizarre to me.

Your "obvious" example of precedent is also a reach. Abdul-Rauf did it continually, boldly and in a premeditated manner. He was doing it for months before he was suspended. Wade has never said anything (that I'm aware of) that suggests it's an intentional effort to disrespect anything. These aren't like scenarios.

D-BAGDAN
05-09-2016, 11:10 AM

You are right but they couldnt "force" Abdul-Rauf to stand either but he ended up standing didnt he? Guess the power of suspension and fines do work sometimes. If he wants to be a disrespectful *******, then thats on him but people have the right to have strong opinions on it. I personally wouldnt care if it was just a fine but as stated, the precedence has been set years ago and Wade shouldnt get special treatment because of his stature or the importance of the game. Right is right. Once you have grey area, you have problems. The Wade fan on here sounds like Janay Rice. Protect Yo Man!! Maybe its Gabrielle in disguise.

Also, a new rule they need to implement is that if your stupid *** wife wants to B* about officiating, then you should get fined for it. Like we dont know who is behind it. But once again, is anyone really surprised by Wade's lack of respect?

Big Zo
05-09-2016, 11:43 AM
"Dwyane Wade has made a mockery of Canada day! We demand... More money!" -- Stephen Abootman

MonroeFAN
05-09-2016, 11:44 AM
"We've already apologized for Bryan Adams".

Slug3
05-09-2016, 11:54 AM
You are right but they couldnt "force" Abdul-Rauf to stand either but he ended up standing didnt he? Guess the power of suspension and fines do work sometimes. If he wants to be a disrespectful *******, then thats on him but people have the right to have strong opinions on it. I personally wouldnt care if it was just a fine but as stated, the precedence has been set years ago and Wade shouldnt get special treatment because of his stature or the importance of the game. Right is right. Once you have grey area, you have problems. The Wade fan on here sounds like Janay Rice. Protect Yo Man!! Maybe its Gabrielle in disguise.

Also, a new rule they need to implement is that if your stupid *** wife wants to B* about officiating, then you should get fined for it. Like we dont know who is behind it. But once again, is anyone really surprised by Wade's lack of respect?

I mean didn't Rauf do it for like months or a few games though? He kind of did it on purpose. I don't see Wade as doing it to make a statement. I think he really is just that naive about it. I am also a big Wade fan, but think he can be kind of dumb sometimes.

Also I don't think we can hold players accountable for what GF or wives say. could you imagine if they did that and then also help fans accountable? it would open a big can of worms up, lol.

Jamiecballer
05-09-2016, 12:04 PM
A suspension is a ridiculous thing to be clamoring for. Fine him. Tell him not to do it again...but a suspension in the middle of the playoffs for something completely unrelated to basketball is just silly.

Sounds like you want Silver to go Roger Goodell here, which is bizarre to me.

Your "obvious" example of precedent is also a reach. Abdul-Rauf did it continually, boldly and in a premeditated manner. He was doing it for months before he was suspended. Wade has never said anything (that I'm aware of) that suggests it's an intentional effort to disrespect anything. These aren't like scenarios.
+1. Completely agree

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

spreadeagle
05-09-2016, 12:08 PM
I cant believe so many of you want to get rid of national anthems at games, is it really so hard to put your phone down for 2 minutes(or stop shooting warm up jumpers) and respect the great countries we are blessed to live in?

ManRam
05-09-2016, 12:24 PM
I cant believe so many of you want to get rid of national anthems at games, is it really so hard to put your phone down for 2 minutes(or stop shooting warm up jumpers) and respect the great countries we are blessed to live in?

Yes. That's the reason people don't want anthems before sports. The phones! God damn millennials and their phones!

WaDe03
05-09-2016, 12:27 PM
He's not getting suspended or fined from the looks of it. Also just watched the video after every shot he missed he turned to go line up when he thought it went in. He was also only like 10 seconds late at the most. The Raptors weren't even lined up to start the anthem and had balls bouncing on their side as well. People are really *****ing about 10 seconds lol.

Lord Leoshes
05-09-2016, 12:29 PM

who cares, its just a stupid song. we are not communistic Nazi dictators here.

We are here to watch basketball, not a musical concert. those who wish to stand up have the right to do so, & those who do not also have the right to just stay seated.

Redrum187
05-09-2016, 12:34 PM
He's not getting suspended or fined from the looks of it. Also just watched the video after every shot he missed he turned to go line up when he thought it went in. He was also only like 10 seconds late at the most. The Raptors weren't even lined up to start the anthem and had balls bouncing on their side as well. People are really *****ing about 10 seconds lol.

I saw him make a basket at the very beginning of the anthem and video. Watch at 0:02... Girl singing and Wade makes one but keeps going.

You remind me of one of those people that would support Donald Trump no matter what but for Wade... even if he shoots/kills someone in cold blood in daylight in downtown NYK.

canzano55
05-09-2016, 12:42 PM
What happened to American pride?

Its not just a stupid song - the starred spangled banner is a sentimental moment to appreciate what you have and the ones who sacrificed their lives so you could have it.

I remember growing up in the late 80's and being impressed with American patriotism and national pride when I travelled to visit family in Michigan etc and thinking "wow - these people know what pride is".

These days Americans are ashamed of their nationalism and think that they owe the world an apology and all their wealth.

Always stand attention to your anthem and the anthem of others (especially your allies) - this has always been the standard that I and my peers have lived by but there are those who think their indifference is justified (including Dwayne Wade and his non-apologetic followers).

IndyRealist
05-09-2016, 12:49 PM
who cares, its just a stupid song. we are not communistic Nazi dictators here.

We are here to watch basketball, not a musical concert. those who wish to stand up have the right to do so, & those who do not also have the right to just stay seated.

Nazis weren't communists, they were fascists.

spreadeagle
05-09-2016, 01:01 PM
Yes. That's the reason people don't want anthems before sports. The phones! God damn millennials and their phones!

or drink beer or eat another ****** hotdog, you get my point

WaDe03
05-09-2016, 01:03 PM
I saw him make a basket at the very beginning of the anthem and video. Watch at 0:02... Girl singing and Wade makes one but keeps going.

You remind me of one of those people that would support Donald Trump no matter what but for Wade... even if he shoots/kills someone in cold blood in daylight in downtown NYK.

**** Trump! So we're still *****ing about 10 seconds and excusing the fact that there were balls bouncing on Torontos side?

hotdalton18
05-09-2016, 01:06 PM
If you believe Wade should be suspended for this then I have comments for you that would get me banned from this site so I'll keep them to myselfs

"Hey league , decide a playoff series because Wade shot a basketball during the Canadian anthem when they played it at the wrong time because he always shoots at the same exact time"

Shut up lmao

Hawkeye15
05-09-2016, 01:15 PM
god north American is just a bunch of sissy *****es at this point

who cares....

D-BAGDAN
05-09-2016, 01:16 PM
I mean didn't Rauf do it for like months or a few games though? He kind of did it on purpose. I don't see Wade as doing it to make a statement. I think he really is just that naive about it. I am also a big Wade fan, but think he can be kind of dumb sometimes.

Also I don't think we can hold players accountable for what GF or wives say. could you imagine if they did that and then also help fans accountable? it would open a big can of worms up, lol.

I hear ya but you have to also remember when Rauf was doing that, it was pre social media days. Im guessing thats why it took awhile. Wade may be naive and not have done it on purpose but ignorance isnt an excuse. Not his first rodeo. Rauf at least had beliefs behind his stance whether I believe the same things is him doesnt matter. If they never suspended Rauf, there wouldnt be as big as issue but who knows i guess. People do like to make things bigger than what they are.

It shouldnt be too much of a grey area if they fined players for spousal comments. Nobody wants to hear Mrs Wade complain about officials. Wade is one of the most notorious floppers and whiners. Man up already

Just my two cents. I

spreadeagle
05-09-2016, 01:20 PM

who cares....

easy to say when its not your country being shat on, and i know know, none of you would have cared if it was a canadian shooting during american anthem...

D-BAGDAN
05-09-2016, 01:21 PM
**** Trump! So we're still *****ing about 10 seconds and excusing the fact that there were balls bouncing on Torontos side?

"Hi, My name is Wade03 and I am a Wade apologist"

Hawkeye15
05-09-2016, 01:22 PM
easy to say when its not your country being shat on, and i know know, none of you would have cared if it was a canadian shooting during american anthem...

I wouldn't have cared at all if Wiggins was shooting during the anthem for example. I just don't see why people in general are so sensitive. It's kinda of a "huh, look at Wade, what a dick" thing, then you move on

But, I am old school apparently. I don't get offended rarely, if ever

D-BAGDAN
05-09-2016, 01:23 PM

who cares....

are you North American?

D-BAGDAN
05-09-2016, 01:27 PM
I wouldn't have cared at all if Wiggins was shooting during the anthem for example. I just don't see why people in general are so sensitive. It's kinda of a "huh, look at Wade, what a dick" thing, then you move on

Thats your right. Just as it is other peoples rights to feel what they feel. If the NBA never set precedence, this wouldnt be an issue.

spreadeagle
05-09-2016, 01:29 PM

I actually think its gunna "heat" up the rivalry of the series which im pumped for, been an ugly one so far

Hawkeye15
05-09-2016, 01:36 PM
are you North American?

Si

Hawkeye15
05-09-2016, 01:37 PM
I actually think its gunna "heat" up the rivalry of the series which im pumped for, been an ugly one so far

hopefully, you are right, I think it's been a bit brutal, but that might be due to some defense too.

Hawkeye15
05-09-2016, 01:37 PM
Thats your right. Just as it is other peoples rights to feel what they feel. If the NBA never set precedence, this wouldnt be an issue.

I could care less what they do, I just think even the creation of this thread is another example of how overly sensitive people are becoming.

MonroeFAN
05-09-2016, 01:45 PM
I don't understand how you can be overly sensitive to patriotism. If it doesn't matter to you then so be it, but keep it to yourself. I'm sure it's important to a lot of Canadians just like it would be to anyone who served in the US.

As I mentioned before, a suspension is an overkill. But it should be recognized.

R. Johnson#3
05-09-2016, 01:54 PM
He should be suspended for the rest of the series just because I want to win.

LanceUpperCut
05-09-2016, 01:58 PM
I could care less what they do, I just think even the creation of this thread is another example of how overly sensitive people are becoming.

Pointing out a pretty dumb move by an athlete doesn't mean your sensitive. It's just pointing a dumb move. I could care less what he does but come on use your head DWade.

Hawkeye15
05-09-2016, 02:08 PM
Pointing out a pretty dumb move by an athlete doesn't mean your sensitive. It's just pointing a dumb move. I could care less what he does but come on use your head DWade.

that is exactly how I feel though. It's a, "look at Wade being a d-bag", and then move on...

WaDe03
05-09-2016, 02:09 PM
Don't worry R. Johnson we have no good big men now without Bosh and Whiteside. At least you guys have good back up players stepping in for Jonas.

WaDe03
05-09-2016, 02:12 PM
"Hi, My name is Wade03 and I am a Wade apologist"

I remember when I was in middle school and me and my friends used to say stuff like this to mess with each other.

Redrum187
05-09-2016, 02:36 PM

No, I'm responding to your apology on Wade's behalf that he "shoots until he makes his last shot". Clearly the video shows that's horse crap. The girl was singing and he made a basket... I suppose it would be too much to ask to rewatch the video and at the very least... agree his reasoning/excuse is bogus.

Tony_Starks
05-09-2016, 03:16 PM
The only time I care about the Canadian national anthem is when Tamia sings it.

Haven't cared about the American anthem since Whitney sang it...

Jamiecballer
05-09-2016, 03:24 PM
Not only would I get rid of anthems I would ban patriotism and borders while I was at it but that's another topic I suppose

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

WaDe03
05-09-2016, 03:48 PM
Norm Kelly defended Wade. Think that ends this discussion.

Jamiecballer
05-09-2016, 03:51 PM
Lol and who the hell is that. It's not like saying Jesus came out with a statement...

D-BAGDAN
05-09-2016, 03:58 PM
I remember when I was in middle school and me and my friends used to say stuff like this to mess with each other.

Cool story

ManRam
05-09-2016, 04:00 PM

he shot a basketball 3 or 4 times during their anthem.... let's pipe things down here. he just wasn't thinking and was finishing up his warm up. he made a mistake. there's a huge gap between what he did and "******** on a country". jesus. there's a difference between manslaughter and premeditated murder. this is the former. relax.

i understand anthems. i'll always stand, remove my cap and sing along. it's great. they're fun. if it weren't for tradition i'm not sure we'd have them before the thousands and thousands of sporting events every year, but i don't see the harm. i also don't get people who think that waving a flag and singing a song make you truly patriotic. that's the bizarre thing here. true patriots are patriotic through their tangible actions, beliefs and desire for their country to be the best it can be. not etiquette during diluted ceremonies.

D-BAGDAN
05-09-2016, 04:01 PM
Lol and who the hell is that. It's not like saying Jesus came out with a statement...

Guess you havent heard yet. He tweeted it earlier. He will send his disciples(santa claus & easter bunny) to deal with Canadians and "over sensitive" Americans. Jesus is down with D-Wade

WaDe03
05-09-2016, 04:04 PM
Toronto politician. Drakes favorite politician. Considering Drake is the best thing to ever happen to Canada I would say that's pretty good.

D-BAGDAN
05-09-2016, 04:04 PM
he shot a basketball 3 or 4 times during their anthem.... let's pipe things down here. he just wasn't thinking and was finishing up his warm up. he made a mistake. there's a huge gap between what he did and "******** on a country". jesus. there's a difference between manslaughter and premeditated murder. this is the former. relax.

i understand anthems. i'll always stand, remove my cap and sing along. it's great. they're fun. if it weren't for tradition i'm not sure we'd have them before the thousands and thousands of sporting events every year, but i don't see the harm. i also don't get people who think that waving a flag and singing a song make you truly patriotic. that's the bizarre thing here. true patriots are patriotic through their tangible actions, beliefs and desire for their country to be the best it can be. not etiquette during diluted ceremonies.

Dont you still get punished for both? Just a wild guess

WaDe03
05-09-2016, 04:05 PM
Guess you havent heard yet. He tweeted it earlier. He will send his disciples(santa claus & easter bunny) to deal with Canadians and "over sensitive" Americans. Jesus is down with D-Wade

Man your name is really telling. Dbagleagues.net is a joke.

Tony_Starks
05-09-2016, 04:07 PM
Not only would I get rid of anthems I would ban patriotism and borders while I was at it but that's another topic I suppose

I wouldn't ban it but I'm in favor of changing it to Marvin Gaye's What's Going On...

Slug3
05-09-2016, 04:08 PM

I agree with this. I don't think Wade was trying to anger or upset Canadians over not respecting their anthem. I just think he thought it was no big deal and went with doing his own thing like he does.

Could have helped himself some if he actually did apologize, but he probably might still think its not a big deal.

D-BAGDAN
05-09-2016, 04:09 PM
Toronto politician. Drakes favorite politician. Considering Drake is the best thing to ever happen to Canada I would say that's pretty good.

and what makes Drake so important again? I forgot. Did he cure cancer or somethin? Is he Buddha or Gandhi reincarnated? But let me get this straight. Because a Canadian musicians favorite politician is ok with it, its all good? What an angle you are going with to win an argument.

WaDe03
05-09-2016, 04:11 PM
and what makes Drake so important again? I forgot. Did he cure cancer or somethin? Is he Buddha in disguise? Gandhi reincarnated? But let me get this straight. Because a musicians favorite politician is ok with it, its all good? What an angle you are going with to win an argument.

He's a Toronto politician. As I said Drake is the best thing to ever happen to Canada.

ManRam
05-09-2016, 04:11 PM
Dont you still get punished for both? Just a wild guess

uh, yeah. but they vary tremendously in severity. as i said i think a fine is the move (honestly, i don't think he even needs to be fined...just told never to do it again). people are calling for a suspension in the middle of a playoff series. that's absurd. and not happening. and shouldn't happen.

D-BAGDAN
05-09-2016, 04:12 PM
He's a Toronto politician. As I said Drake is the best thing to ever happen to Canada.

Is that on his Wikipedia?

D-BAGDAN
05-09-2016, 04:17 PM
uh, yeah. but they vary tremendously in severity. as i said i think a fine is the move (honestly, i don't think he even needs to be fined...just told never to do it again). people are calling for a suspension in the middle of a playoff series. that's absurd. and not happening. and shouldn't happen.

I agree with the severity of it. They should have never set the precedence then in the past. I only think he should be suspended because it happened in the past. The NBA doesnt have the balls to do it to a star though which makes them hypocrites. I personally dont think it warrants a suspension solely on the dbag act alone. Thats just my pov

Sly Guy
05-09-2016, 04:20 PM
not suspended, but a fine might be more in line.

WaDe03
05-09-2016, 04:24 PM
Is that on his Wikipedia?

The only source I cite is Wikipedia.

Slug3
05-09-2016, 04:49 PM
I agree with the severity of it. They should have never set the precedence then in the past. I only think he should be suspended because it happened in the past. The NBA doesnt have the balls to do it to a star though which makes them hypocrites. I personally dont think it warrants a suspension solely on the dbag act alone. Thats just my pov

Wade has done worse in his career and never been suspended for it. This is coming from a Wade fan.

Beltrans Mole
05-09-2016, 05:01 PM
He won't be suspended because of who he is, but it's in the rule book.

D-BAGDAN
05-09-2016, 05:05 PM
Man your name is really telling. Dbagleagues.net is a joke.

I guess you remember middle school because you are still there? You are entitled to your opinion. We can debate anytime you want. you obviously cant ever win one so you resort to Trumpisms. Thanks for the site plug though. Let me know when your balls drop and you can have a real debate

D-BAGDAN
05-09-2016, 05:29 PM
WaDe03- The sky is red
Random person-No, the sky is blue, just look at it
WaDe03-Oh yea? Your hat is stupid

zn23
05-09-2016, 05:45 PM
I'm from Canada and I took zero offense to this. It's not a big deal at all.

Jeff Blair, who's a sports writer for Sportsnet in Canada made a great point about playing anthems during games.

So save all your false invective. Instead, consider the tiresome North American habit of politicizing a sports event with something that is by its nature exclusionary.

Seriously: You play O Canada and the Star Spangled Banner, but where is Tautiska giesme for Lithuaniaís Jonas Valanciunas? Or Zdravljica, the Slovenian anthem, for Goran Dragic or Himno Nacional Argentino for Luis Scola?

Iíve made the point often in this space and on my radio show that itís time we joined the rest of the world and stopped playing national anthems before sports events. Itís not a political gathering; in fact, it cheapens the meaning of the song.

What Wade did is no worse than fans that cheer through the playing of the anthem, or goaltenders that bob up and down during it. I hate to tell you this folks, but treating a national anthem like We Will Rock You is hardly a moment of sober reflection.

I agree with 100%. We should get rid of national anthems before games.

Jays Claw
05-09-2016, 05:45 PM
Wade will get his fine, and hopefully all these pissy, over-the-top, patriots can move on from this. I honestly don't know why so much effort and time is put into this. What everyone should be concerned about (in terms of the Raptors' fans perspectives) is closing out the Heat this series.

Kush McDaniels
05-09-2016, 05:54 PM
I'm Canadian and can care less about it, but I can't wait for him to get booed all game 5 by the fans.

Slug3
05-09-2016, 05:55 PM
WaDe03- The sky is red

Well what if they were in Texas with the sun setting and a storm coming? I have seen the sky look red, lol.

D-BAGDAN
05-09-2016, 05:58 PM

Jeff Blair, who's a sports writer for Sportsnet in Canada made a great point about playing anthems during games.

If they were playing a game overseas or a European team over here, then yes, Im sure they would hear the other anthems. Toronto is a Canadian team thus the reason why O' Canada is sung. People sure do stretch to try to win the argument

D-BAGDAN
05-09-2016, 06:01 PM
Well what if they were in Texas with the sun setting and a storm coming? I have seen the sky look red, lol.

Then the random person might tell Wade03 that his hat looks stupid lol

WaDe03
05-09-2016, 06:18 PM
I guess you remember middle school because you are still there? You are entitled to your opinion. We can debate anytime you want. you obviously cant ever win one so you resort to Trumpisms. Thanks for the site plug though. Let me know when your balls drop and you can have a real debate

Definitely not in middle school. No matter how many plugs you get that website won't become anything. The more I read your post the more I think "damn, TodWilkinson has definitely stepped his game up. Actually gave himself an avi and everything this time."

WaDe03
05-09-2016, 06:19 PM
WaDe03- The sky is red

I'm in middle school though lol.

warfelg
05-09-2016, 06:45 PM

I agree about his premise that we shouldn't be playing them before. We should have a moment of silence instead.

However:
Because it is played, you can take a few minutes and be respectful. It's not that hard to stand there for 2/3 minutes. I would like someone to be able to go back and see if this is a pattern of Wade's before every game in Toronto or if this were the only time.

D-BAGDAN
05-09-2016, 07:07 PM
Definitely not in middle school. No matter how many plugs you get that website won't become anything. The more I read your post the more I think "damn, TodWilkinson has definitely stepped his game up. Actually gave himself an avi and everything this time."

Is Tod Wilkinson a scorned lover of yours? I dont care what you say about my site. You are entitled to your opinion. I also am not trying to make a business out of it so it doesnt matter if it "wont become anything". I pay for the site out of my pocket to have fun leagues with people who are into it. You are not so move on. Its not a big ordeal that you dont like it. Just keep doing your thing and then try to insult people because you cant have a grown man debate.

D-BAGDAN
05-09-2016, 07:10 PM
I'm in middle school though lol.

Apparently. Glad you can finally admit it. Now it all makes sense and ill try to take it easy on you. :punish:

ghettosean
05-09-2016, 07:13 PM
Wade will get his fine, and hopefully all these pissy, over-the-top, patriots can move on from this. I honestly don't know why so much effort and time is put into this. What everyone should be concerned about (in terms of the Raptors' fans perspectives) is closing out the Heat this series.

If no action is taken you basically set a new precedent that nothing at all will happen if you start doing **** like this during the national anthem opening up the flood gates for more **** like this to take place.

It's also a rule of the NBA itself for all players and coaches to stand and be respectful during the anthem I mean **** man they give fines if you don't wear a suit to a game I think we can agree this is more of a serious offense than that... Lol.

As long as anything is done to discourage opposed to encourage this I'm in favor of whatever action is taken.

D-BAGDAN
05-09-2016, 07:15 PM
If no action is taken you basically set a new precedent that nothing at all will happen if you start doing **** like this during the national anthem opening up the flood gates for more **** like this to take place.

It's also a rule of the NBA itself for all players and coaches to stand and be respectful during the anthem I mean **** man they give fines if you don't wear a suit to a game I think we can agree this is more of a serious offense than that... Lol.

As long as anything is done to discourage opposed to encourage this I'm in favor of whatever action is taken.

This

WaDe03
05-09-2016, 07:28 PM
Apparently. Glad you can finally admit it. Now it all makes sense and ill try to take it easy on you. :punish:

Thank god man. As long as you take it easy on me I should be ok.

Vampirate
05-09-2016, 07:34 PM
If you need to do something just fine Wade and move on. A suspension would be over the top.

WaDe03
05-09-2016, 11:41 PM
It's funny to me Raps fans are the only fans that aren't hurt by this.

Wade apologized to Canada tonight and said he doesn't want them to feel like he was intentionally disrespecting them.

chi-townlove1
05-09-2016, 11:54 PM
What happened to American pride?

Its not just a stupid song - the starred spangled banner is a sentimental moment to appreciate what you have and the ones who sacrificed their lives so you could have it.

I remember growing up in the late 80's and being impressed with American patriotism and national pride when I travelled to visit family in Michigan etc and thinking "wow - these people know what pride is".

These days Americans are ashamed of their nationalism and think that they owe the world an apology and all their wealth.

Always stand attention to your anthem and the anthem of others (especially your allies) - this has always been the standard that I and my peers have lived by but there are those who think their indifference is justified (including Dwayne Wade and his non-apologetic followers).

Couldn't have said it any better. A lot of people on PSD are shameful. And a lot of Americans are disgusting. It's just sad at this point. Respect the damn country that's given you everything and more. If you don't respect Donald or Hilary or any other person in this country, at least respect those Stars and Stripes. Because you sure as hell don't deserve to step foot in our country if you don't.

Slug3
05-10-2016, 09:08 AM

But the rule when I looked at it had some grey area. Wade didn't do anything during the USA National Anthem. So maybe by the rule he didn't break anything. Does it say just the national anthem in there or all national anthems?

ManRam
05-10-2016, 11:40 AM

Once again, pretending like this is the same as the "precedent" they set in the past is just stupid. They are incredibly dissimilar events. It shouldn't be this hard to understand, guys. Wade kept trying to make a shot for a few seconds into the anthem...the other guy decided he was going to protest it over and over and over again in defiance of the league. Use your brains, guys.

It's become a big story and he's heard about it. There's been backlash. He's apologized and corrected his mistake and we're moving on. Problem solved. It's amazing how outraged people are getting over this. I get that most of it is just an outlet to vent from people who don't like the Heat/Wade or love the Raps (and their persecution complex) but yikes. Take a deep breath.

Slug3
05-10-2016, 01:04 PM
Once again, pretending like this is the same as the "precedent" they set in the past is just stupid. They are incredibly dissimilar events. It shouldn't be this hard to understand, guys. Wade kept trying to make a shot for a few seconds into the anthem...the other guy decided he was going to protest it over and over and over again in defiance of the league. Use your brains, guys.

It's become a big story and he's heard about it. There's been backlash. He's apologized and corrected his mistake and we're moving on. Problem solved. It's amazing how outraged people are getting over this. I get that most of it is just an outlet to vent from people who don't like the Heat/Wade or love the Raps (and their persecution complex) but yikes. Take a deep breath.

These same people who say "he should apologize at least" would be upset if Wade said sorry and didn't make it a drawn out super sorry and pledge to donate money. They are upset because they dislike Wade or the Heat, not because they care about what he did.

I mean he did apologize, but it wasn't good enough because he said he was sorry they took it in a way they thought he was being disrespectful.

alkalinesolo
05-10-2016, 01:36 PM
He won't be suspended because of who he is, but it's in the rule book.

The rule books says you must get suspended if you shoot around during O Canada?