PDA

View Full Version : Draymond Green tearing it up!

JasonJohnHorn
05-08-2016, 01:37 PM
I posted about how well Klay Thompson has been playing in the absence of Stephen Curry, but last night was really a punctuation on how well Draymond Green has been playing.

Aside from his 37-point performance last night (in a loss), he's been shooting 3's at about 5% higher than his regular season number, and has increased his rebounding, increased his blocks, dropped his turnovers.

As well as he played during the regular season, this guy seems to have really brought it up to another level for the playoffs.

Thoughts?

TheNumber37
05-08-2016, 01:50 PM
how about a stat line?

He took a lot of shots last night and made some

nastynice
05-08-2016, 07:11 PM
37 pts on 24 fga and 6 fta, 9 boards, 8 dimes

As far as yesterday, I gotta agree with the haters, boy was ****in dirty :cool::cool: ...especially from 3 pt range, 8-12

mrblisterdundee
05-09-2016, 01:16 AM
25.7 points, 12 rebounds, 8.7 assists, 2.7 blocks and a steal per 39.6 minutes, while shooting more than 45 percent from three. That dude seems to have a perpetual chip on his shoulder, pushing him to prove everyone wrong. It's great to watch.

Bostonjorge
05-10-2016, 01:57 AM
7 blocks today for Green

Scoots
05-10-2016, 02:35 AM
I heard some ESPN guys saying they had him as the starting C on the all-nba team :) Not gonna happen, but it's interesting.

TrueFan420
05-10-2016, 10:25 AM
I heard some ESPN guys saying they had him as the starting C on the all-nba team :) Not gonna happen, but it's interesting.
Eh I could potentially see it depending on how the two forward positions break down but more likely he's second all - NBA.

TrueFan420
05-10-2016, 10:27 AM
25.7 points, 12 rebounds, 8.7 assists, 2.7 blocks and a steal per 39.6 minutes, while shooting more than 45 percent from three. That dude seems to have a perpetual chip on his shoulder, pushing him to prove everyone wrong. It's great to watch.

It is pretty crazy. He does not lack motivation and seems to help push those around him. Curry and Klay both were already motivated players adding to their games each year but Draymond is the type of guy that gets you to reach down a little deeper and push a little harder.

Scoots
05-10-2016, 01:58 PM
Eh I could potentially see it depending on how the two forward positions break down but more likely he's second all - NBA.

I think part of it is that they were wondering how you can leave the greatest +/- season ever and one of the best defenders in the NBA, and the top front-court assist man in the NBA off of the 1st team ... but how do you leave LeBron or KD off the first team either. So they were taking the easy way out, because C is fairly weak right now.

Scoots
05-10-2016, 02:08 PM
It is pretty crazy. He does not lack motivation and seems to help push those around him. Curry and Klay both were already motivated players adding to their games each year but Draymond is the type of guy that gets you to reach down a little deeper and push a little harder.

Draymond's method of motivation is to keep writing bigger and bigger checks and then forcing himself (and others) to cover them. To his credit he never shies away from the microphone when it doesn't work out.

Draymond has every bit of drive to win that MJ or Kobe famously have ... he just doesn't have the tools they had to play the game, so he's playing the way he can play. He's doubled his per minutes scoring while dramatically increasing his efficiency despite coming in with effectively no offensive game at all. He was out of shape, to short, and too slow with bad legs and he became one of the best defenders in the game.

He gave $3+M to schools the day after he signed his contract. He's actually a really good guy despite acting like an out of control punk sometimes.

Remarkable.

TrueFan420
05-10-2016, 02:31 PM
Draymond's method of motivation is to keep writing bigger and bigger checks and then forcing himself (and others) to cover them. To his credit he never shies away from the microphone when it doesn't work out.

Draymond has every bit of drive to win that MJ or Kobe famously have ... he just doesn't have the tools they had to play the game, so he's playing the way he can play. He's doubled his per minutes scoring while dramatically increasing his efficiency despite coming in with effectively no offensive game at all. He was out of shape, to short, and too slow with bad legs and he became one of the best defenders in the game.

He gave $3+M to schools the day after he signed his contract. He's actually a really good guy despite acting like an out of control punk sometimes.

Remarkable.
Preaching to choir brother.

Can't wait till he gets his long deserved defensive player of the year award. I'm guessing it comes next year. They can't overlook him again.

Scoots
05-10-2016, 02:38 PM
Preaching to choir brother.

Can't wait till he gets his long deserved defensive player of the year award. I'm guessing it comes next year. They can't overlook him again.

Not Hassan Whiteside or DeAndre Jordan? :)

Tony_Starks
05-10-2016, 02:52 PM
I love Drays game and think he is in a perfect situation for his style and temperament.

As great as he is he can be almost Rasheed Wallace-esque at times and needs to be reeled in. But just like Sheed he is so skilled and versatile that when he is a 2nd or 3rd option it's not even fair because talent wise he's capable of being 1st option.

TrueFan420
05-10-2016, 04:57 PM
Not Hassan Whiteside or DeAndre Jordan? :)

Lol

Scoots
05-11-2016, 03:29 PM
I re-watched game 4. There is one sequence where Green makes the offense go and completely stops Portland for 4 possessions. He's a different kind of animal.

I was listening to Myers talk about him a while back and he said Green was bringing him scouting reports on college players when Green was a rookie. Now Myers asks Green for them.

Green told his coaches and the whole gym during practice that Jeremy Tyler wasn't good enough to play in Green's NBA when he was a rookie who had yet to suit up for a game.

Green talked trash to LeBron in Miami as a rookie, then scored the winning points.

Green brings game plan changes and plays to Kerr for games, and suggests adjustments during playoff games.

He makes good decisions very quickly and doesn't make many bad decisions.

A ref supposedly told a Warriors beat writer that it's hard to get mad at Green because they know he's right more often than not so he gets them thinking rather than responding emotionally. That's some kind of magic right there.

Add all of his on-court contributions to him now being one of the top requests for an interview the Warriors get ... right with Curry. Reporter: "Are the Blazers done?" Green: "Of course they're done!" Love him or hate him, you can't ignore him.

MygirlhatesCod
05-11-2016, 04:25 PM
I re-watched game 4. There is one sequence where Green makes the offense go and completely stops Portland for 4 possessions. He's a different kind of animal.

I was listening to Myers talk about him a while back and he said Green was bringing him scouting reports on college players when Green was a rookie. Now Myers asks Green for them.

Green told his coaches and the whole gym during practice that Jeremy Tyler wasn't good enough to play in Green's NBA when he was a rookie who had yet to suit up for a game.

Green talked trash to LeBron in Miami as a rookie, then scored the winning points.

Green brings game plan changes and plays to Kerr for games, and suggests adjustments during playoff games.

He makes good decisions very quickly and doesn't make many bad decisions.

A ref supposedly told a Warriors beat writer that it's hard to get mad at Green because they know he's right more often than not so he gets them thinking rather than responding emotionally. That's some kind of magic right there.

Add all of his on-court contributions to him now being one of the top requests for an interview the Warriors get ... right with Curry. Reporter: "Are the Blazers done?" Green: "Of course they're done!" Love him or hate him, you can't ignore him.

sounds like the makings of a future coach.

Scoots
05-11-2016, 05:46 PM
sounds like the makings of a future coach.

You may be right.

Players with insane drive sometimes struggle coaching because they don't understand why a certain player can't just do it right. Dray may be the kind who can overcome that and deal with other people on their level.

Tony_Starks
05-12-2016, 09:13 AM
Gotta love Dray.

He showed me his character when they first had all that success and he went over to Mark Jackson, in front of everybody, and publicly thanked him for what he did.

That's a standup guy right there, would've been so easy to forget about Mark or minimize the part he played in their success.

LA_Raiders
05-13-2016, 12:16 AM
Dude is a beast. Top 5 SF no question

Scoots
05-13-2016, 12:42 PM
Dude is a beast. Top 5 SF no question

He's not playing SF ... like ever. :)

CHANGO
05-13-2016, 04:28 PM
dude is a beast. Top 5 sf no question

wut wut?