PDA

View Full Version : Paul George's open letter to Frank Vogel

JasonJohnHorn
05-08-2016, 11:25 AM
Linke: http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1023041

Gotta say I respect a player stepping up and showing respect. Too often we see players run coaches out. It's not too often we see players step up and thank a coach like this. It happens, just not that often. No drama here. No attacking the team for their choice. Just respect.

Wish we saw more of this in the league.

Tony_Starks
05-08-2016, 11:44 AM
Paul George is a standup guy. He's a throwback, refreshing to see a departure from some of the cornball players these days.

ghettosean
05-08-2016, 01:57 PM
Next is Lebrons letter to David Blatt... Lol

On a serious note I hate how good Paul George is he's a terror to play against but he's a great player and a great leader and from the looks of it he's seems to earn and show a lot of respect in this league. I'd love to have him on my team any day of the week.

Chronz
05-08-2016, 05:42 PM
Thats the ultimate sign of a respected coach, the biggest recommendation he can get for his next job is this kind of backing from his former star guys (Granger/PG).

Im sure he had his detractors like everyone but I get the feeling he was well liked by the majority and saw eye to eye with his guys more than most do. In other words, the opposite of how the Nets talked about Lionnel Hollins on his way out. ;)

JasonJohnHorn
05-08-2016, 09:04 PM
In other words, the opposite of how the Nets talked about Lionnel Hollins on his way out. ;)

I see what you did there ;-)
lol

D-Leethal
05-08-2016, 10:03 PM
PG is a real trooper. Unwarranted or not, not many star players would sit back and watch Larry dismantle a 2x ECF team, move him to a position he openly didn't want to move to, and fire the coach he loved for no reason than a difference in philosophy and ride it out without any backlash. PG is real easy to root for.

For the record I do not disagree with the route Bird is taking in rebuilding the identity of the squad.

IndyRealist
05-08-2016, 10:29 PM
In before the Lakers fire Luke Walton before he even coaches a game, and hires Vogel because they think it'll get him to come to LA.

naps
05-09-2016, 02:25 AM
Larry Bird must be a terror. I mean you dont really see these days many front office making decisions without discussing its franchise player.

eDush
05-09-2016, 08:49 AM
I would hire Vogel over Luke to win championships but that's not what the Lakers are at now. They need rebuilding as a young team so Luke Walton is more than ideal for the job.

Tony_Starks
05-09-2016, 08:59 AM
Trade the 3rd pick for Paul George!

Scoots
05-09-2016, 12:27 PM
Curry did something similar for Jackson but was never a problem for the new coach. It's being a professional and a leader.

I would LOVE PG to be the SF on the Warriors. He'd play some 4 on the Warriors some too so he may choose not to come :)

JasonJohnHorn
05-09-2016, 02:17 PM
Curry did something similar for Jackson but was never a problem for the new coach. It's being a professional and a leader.

I would LOVE PG to be the SF on the Warriors. He'd play some 4 on the Warriors some too so he may choose not to come :)

I was going to mention that. Curry seems like a stand-up guy too. Easy to liek him.

Respect his former coach; gave his new coach everythign he had. Improved every year in the process.

ombada
05-09-2016, 10:40 PM
PG is a real trooper. Unwarranted or not, not many star players would sit back and watch Larry dismantle a 2x ECF team, move him to a position he openly didn't want to move to, and fire the coach he loved for no reason than a difference in philosophy and ride it out without any backlash. PG is real easy to root for.

For the record I do not disagree with the route Bird is taking in rebuilding the identity of the squad.

Bird didnt dismantle the team, he traded Hibbert and was very open about wanting to do so. David west, who was still part of the teams plan turned down a player option and a lot of money to opt out, which sparked a mini rebuild and the desire to move PG to PF.

George didnt play PF, like at all this year. He probably would have excelled at that position. CJ Miles did though, until he got injured, then Myles Turner was put in out of position at the 4. George is about the only one who didnt play out of position this year.

The rest ill go along with.

ombada
05-09-2016, 10:43 PM
Trade the 3rd pick for Paul George!

and... it would take a lot more than that to even start thinking about it. You dont just trade an established star/possibly superstar for a draft pick.

JLynn943
05-09-2016, 10:56 PM
and... it would take a lot more than that to even start thinking about it. You dont just trade an established star/possibly superstar for a draft pick.

Oh, don't worry, they'll throw in Randle and pretend they're overpaying.