PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Durant says money isn't everything in this life

Sportsguy9695
05-08-2016, 09:18 AM
Kevin Durant figures to receive a maximum contract this offseason but he was asked about David West, who took less money to sign with the San Antonio Spurs.

ďI respect it. Money isnít everything in this life," said Durant. "I know we tend to think about taking care of your family, being financially stable. But from the outside looking in, it looks like he said, well, Iíve been blessed to make X amount and Iíll be happy chasing something thatís the grand prize in this league. So I respected him for it. A lot of guys wouldnít have done it.Ē

Durant has never been a free agent in his career, signing an extension in 2010 with the Oklahoma City Thunder.

Source: Oklahoman (http://newsok.com/kevin-durant-money-isnt-everything-in-this-life/article/5496727?custom_click=rss)

likemystylez
05-08-2016, 09:50 AM
well when you are guaranteed to get a max in a market where 2/3 of the league will be offering you the max- not sure he should focus on money regardless of whether "money is everything in life"

HandsOnTheWheel
05-08-2016, 11:10 AM
In before he's going to sign with the Warriors

ewing
05-08-2016, 11:51 AM
deep

Cal827
05-08-2016, 01:20 PM
So.... are we to assume that he's willing to play at discounted value..... I've seen this **** before! Pat Riley already got to him :laugh2:

Saddletramp
05-08-2016, 02:10 PM
well when you are guaranteed to get a max in a market where 2/3 of the league will be offering you the max- not sure he should focus on money regardless of whether "money is everything in life"

Yeah, it's not like his options are max money on a really crappy team or half the max on a contender.

This does make me think that he's setting himself up to take a discount to go to the Warriors, though.

europagnpilgrim
05-08-2016, 02:36 PM
To KD money isn't everything, especially when you have earned over 100 million on nba contract along with shoe/commercial deals and a movie made about your upbringing

he has the task of having his cake and ice cream and gifts to go along with it this summer to sign anywhere and make pretty much any team a legit contender

rather it be with the Wolves or Warriors or Spurs or Rockets or Heat or Chicago or Cavs or sticking it out with the Thunder

any situation he puts himself into will be a win win

Jamiecballer
05-08-2016, 06:54 PM
deep
Precisely

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

naps
05-09-2016, 02:29 AM
Easy to say when you are already worth a couple hundred millions.

On a side note, Pat Riley must be salivating at this lol

Scoots
05-09-2016, 12:36 PM
I just want him to stay in the West.

smith&wesson
05-09-2016, 12:54 PM
to me it sounds like hes saying "I'm going to get the max regardless of where I sign, but that's not all it will take to get me, I need a real chance at winning before I consider signing with your franchise"

Hawkeye15
05-09-2016, 01:39 PM
deep

balls deep

AllBall
05-10-2016, 09:48 PM
So.... are we to assume that he's willing to play at discounted value..... I've seen this **** before! Pat Riley already got to him :laugh2:

South Beach, his talents will be therein

Vinylman
05-11-2016, 06:59 AM
If the Thunder beat the Spurs there really is no reason to leave OKC unless he just doesn't like the area.

hugepatsfan
05-11-2016, 07:55 AM
I just want him to stay in the West.

Reason? Right now there's already two powerhouses in the west in GS/SA. OKC is a third. The East is a one man show. Wouldn't it be better to make both conferences interesting? I'm sure you have a reason, just curious.

hugepatsfan
05-11-2016, 07:57 AM
to me it sounds like hes saying "I'm going to get the max regardless of where I sign, but that's not all it will take to get me, I need a real chance at winning before I consider signing with your franchise"

That's how I hear it too but I think you could read into it and interpret that he's willing to leave the extra year for re-signing in OKC on the table if the overall situation is better. That's the one take-away I have - although I think he still stays in OKC.

beasted86
05-11-2016, 10:01 AM
Where is Durant talking about himself here?

You people will read into anything.

D-Leethal
05-11-2016, 01:37 PM
Money is never "everything" to someone worth 9 figures.

ewing
05-11-2016, 01:44 PM
Easy to say when you are already worth a couple hundred millions.

On a side note, Pat Riley must be salivating at this lol

It pretty easy to say regardless. try "she sells seashells down by the sea shore" :)