PDA

View Full Version : would you give Derozan a max?

bucketss
05-06-2016, 08:01 PM
just like whiteside, a good player but i have no clue why some one would give him a max. how much do you think hes worth and would you want him on your team?

likemystylez
05-06-2016, 08:06 PM
good 2 way player. youd get him in his prime, hes one of the best at his position in the league. Yeah- he should get a max.

max contracts are not reserved for superstars anymore. id say if you are capable of being a top 3 player on a decent team- then you have a shot at the max.

derozen was the second best player on the second seed in the east.

numba1CHANGsta
05-06-2016, 08:16 PM
En-ooh

Scoots
05-06-2016, 08:18 PM
Yes

n83417
05-06-2016, 08:45 PM
Absolutely not. Volume scorer that doesn't bring much else to the table. 20 point scorers are a dime a dozen. If that's what you want, go sign Marcus Thornton for the vet min.

kobe4thewinbang
05-06-2016, 08:53 PM
Absolutely not. Volume scorer that doesn't bring much else to the table. 20 point scorers are a dime a dozen. If that's what you want, go sign Marcus Thornton for the vet min.He needs to work on his shooting proficiency, but you're understating his driving ability and defense and desire to be 'the guy'. Obviously I hope the Lakers throw a max deal at him once he opts out. He can make a shot or a drive when the rookies can't.

Scoots
05-06-2016, 09:04 PM
Derozan needs a lot of work on D and maybe choosing his shots better. But he's young, improving, and he brings a rare skill to the table.

LanceUpperCut
05-06-2016, 09:08 PM
DD would work on certain teams. As a Raps fan I'd like him but he's no max guy.

HandsOnTheWheel
05-06-2016, 09:16 PM
Not a chance

still1ballin
05-06-2016, 09:47 PM
Nah

FOXHOUND
05-06-2016, 10:04 PM
Voted yes but I would have to have a lead player already in place. I think the main reason he's failing in the postseason there is because Lowry goes complete ghost and he's thrust into a heavy duty lead role that he isn't capable of being in. Not all max's are created equal, a lot of players are worth their max.

torontosports10
05-06-2016, 10:31 PM
Nope.

And I really hope we don't give him close to one either. But we're in a spot where we can't lose him for nothing, but shouldn't pay him the max. Not a good spot to be in.

CHANGO
05-06-2016, 11:36 PM
Based on his RS, of course.
Based on his PS, hell naw.

Dade County
05-07-2016, 12:34 AM
NO!

He's skill set or his marketability doesn't warrant max money.

5ass
05-07-2016, 12:36 AM
best FA shooting guards on the market:

Wade (not going anywhere)
Derozen
Beal (injury prone, RFA)
Fournier
Bazemore
Eric Gordon
Afflalo
Henderson

JasonJohnHorn
05-07-2016, 08:03 AM
Absolutely not. Frankly speaking, as a Raptors fan, I was upset when he got his current deal. It seems like a bargain now, but I sincerely believe that despite his strong all-around game (rebounding and passing) and ability to draw fouls, I think he is holding the team back. There are those who would disagree with me, but at the end of the day he is a shooting guard who can't shoot. He can't be relied upon for consistent offensive production.

If we had Klay instead of DMDR, or hello, Korver.... that Pacers series would have been over in 5 games and we'd be up 2-0 over Miami.

I realize he has some appealing raw stats, but he's not worth keeping around.

I think this team would be better with Fournier because having a consistent 3-pt shooter would make Lowry more efficient. He would spread the floor, give Lowry more space, and also give him another option outside. I think Bazemore would also be a better it. He's not as good a shooter as Fournier, but from the games I've seen and what I've heard, he is a better defender than DMDR, and he is a stronger rebounder, though DMDR is the better passer.

I'd rather take Fournir or Bazemore at 12-15 than DMDR at the max any day of the week. And I think both would be an upgrade.

warfelg
05-07-2016, 08:19 AM
Yes I would, and yes the Sixers will.

Mostly because he's young, improved every year, and not 100% worth the max, but the type of overpay that the Sixers need to make. Especially if we land in the top 2, get one of Ingram or Simmons, and trade one of our centers for a PG.

He's the kind of guy to a team like ours, that while not a "max the guy" player, his overspend sends us down the right path. The fact that he has a fondness for Colangelo and vice versa, don't be shocked if it happens. Plus if you overpay him to end up with a lineup of:
Teague/Schroder-DeRozen-Ingram-Saric-Embiid
It's 100% worth overpaying in my mind.

DboneG
05-07-2016, 08:24 AM
Fo Sho! Yes!! He a great young talent. Derozan needs to get better in the crunch, little better defense, and a little bit better shot selection....It all comes with time.

Just ask yourself...would Phil Jackson give this guy a max contract? Would this young guy if he were on the Knicks team, turn them around? Put this young guy on any team, they got better.

ManningToTyree
05-07-2016, 11:15 AM
No I don't think he's more then a second option on a contender

Scoots
05-07-2016, 12:05 PM
No I don't think he's more then a second option on a contender

Is Draymond Green worth a max deal? He's not more than the 3rd option on a contender.

TheNumber37
05-07-2016, 12:10 PM
No. SG position is weak. When Derozan is one of the top 5 SGs in the NBA, it's definitely a weak spot.

Inefficient scorer, who does not rebound, pass or defend well enough to make up for missed shots.

He should be a 6th man on a good team at best.

Someone is gonna give him 20 mil though

Scoots
05-07-2016, 12:18 PM
No. SG position is weak. When Derozan is one of the top 5 SGs in the NBA, it's definitely a weak spot.

Inefficient scorer, who does not rebound, pass or defend well enough to make up for missed shots.

He should be a 6th man on a good team at best.

Someone is gonna give him 20 mil though

SGs are being sent to football and baseball so the position is suffering :)

Sadds The Gr8
05-07-2016, 01:22 PM
this question is irrelevant. He's gonna get maxed whether u like it or not. there's too much $$ now.

Scoots
05-07-2016, 01:50 PM
this question is irrelevant. He's gonna get maxed whether u like it or not. there's too much $$ now.

Your answer is irrelevant. The point was to debate whether he was worth it. Posting that the thread is pointless doesn't move the thread along at all, thus irrelevant.

Sadds The Gr8
05-07-2016, 01:52 PM
Your answer is irrelevant. The point was to debate whether he was worth it. Posting that the thread is pointless doesn't move the thread along at all, thus irrelevant.
What's the point of debating it if it's gonna happen? My point is that arguing whether guys "deserve" maxes is archaic. Everyone is overpaid

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Scoots
05-07-2016, 02:03 PM
What's the point of debating it if it's gonna happen? My point is that arguing whether guys "deserve" maxes is archaic. Everyone is overpaid

What is the point of a sports forum other than pointless debate?

So, if YOU were the GM of your favorite team and you needed a SG would you sign DeRozan? Would you do it for a max deal?

ewing
05-07-2016, 02:10 PM

Archaic :laugh2:

Sadds The Gr8
05-07-2016, 02:37 PM
What is the point of a sports forum other than pointless debate?

So, if YOU were the GM of your favorite team and you needed a SG would you sign DeRozan? Would you do it for a max deal?

Debate is fine. Debating whether guys "deserve" maxes is tired. I used to do it too, but now I realize what it is. Everyone is gonna be overpaid with this much $$ available. Any all-star under 30 in this day and age is gonna get maxed.

If there was actually a doubt about Derozan getting maxed, I'd understand the debate. But there's no chance in hell he doesn't get maxed.

I'm a Raptor fan, and I don't really care about the $$ he gets when it comes to keeping him because I know he's gonna get the max (why stress over something that's gonna happen?). Whether I wanna keep him or not for the benefits on the court for my team is something I struggle with, because he's a flawed player.

Sadds The Gr8
05-07-2016, 02:38 PM
Archaic :laugh2:

i guess that was hyperbolic lol. But the exercise is tired and hot-takey.

Jamiecballer
05-07-2016, 03:30 PM
No way man. No way.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Scoots
05-07-2016, 04:09 PM
Debate is fine. Debating whether guys "deserve" maxes is tired. I used to do it too, but now I realize what it is. Everyone is gonna be overpaid with this much $$ available. Any all-star under 30 in this day and age is gonna get maxed.

If there was actually a doubt about Derozan getting maxed, I'd understand the debate. But there's no chance in hell he doesn't get maxed.

I'm a Raptor fan, and I don't really care about the $$ he gets when it comes to keeping him because I know he's gonna get the max (why stress over something that's gonna happen?). Whether I wanna keep him or not for the benefits on the court for my team is something I struggle with, because he's a flawed player.

I wouldn't stress about anything having to do with sports :)

I didn't take it about what he "deserves" but what value I would place on him if I was building a team.

So, again, if YOU were the GM of the Raptors would YOU pay him the max to get him to stay?

JasonJohnHorn
05-07-2016, 05:19 PM

I get the impression that you don't know how internet forums work. People are here to talk about their opinions of the game with other fans of the game; the intent is not to influence whether a players gets a max, but discuss whether the player's merits.

It's called a conversation. And your saying the question is irrelevant is apparently irrelevant because people are going to talk about it whether you say they should or shouldn't.

Sadds The Gr8
05-07-2016, 05:23 PM
I get the impression that you don't know how internet forums work. People are here to talk about their opinions of the game with other fans of the game; the intent is not to influence whether a players gets a max, but discuss whether the player's merits.

It's called a conversation. And your saying the question is irrelevant is apparently irrelevant because people are going to talk about it whether you say they should or shouldn't.
Lol I been here 6 yrs. I'm fine with debate. I just think asking something obvious is pointless.

I wouldn't stress about anything having to do with sports :)

I didn't take it about what he "deserves" but what value I would place on him if I was building a team.

So, again, if YOU were the GM of the Raptors would YOU pay him the max to get him to stay?
That's the problem. What is a "max player"? Do I think he deserves a max looking at the market and what other players his caliber are getting paid? Yes.

Do I think he's a premier player? Hell no.

eDush
05-07-2016, 06:11 PM
Streaky shooter but can carry the scoring load and who works best with another scorer. A good team player. Decent on man defender. Struggles in the post season due to pressure perhaps. Should get max contract offers.

likemystylez
05-07-2016, 06:29 PM
I feel he is just as good right now or better than klay a couple years ago when klay Thompson got a max. klay was younger though... and klay had one skill where he was off the charts good and he was also an all nba level defensive talent IMO

Scoots
05-07-2016, 07:06 PM
Lol I been here 6 yrs. I'm fine with debate. I just think asking something obvious is pointless.

That's the problem. What is a "max player"? Do I think he deserves a max looking at the market and what other players his caliber are getting paid? Yes.

Do I think he's a premier player? Hell no.

Nobody asked if he was a premier player. The question still stands ... you are the GM of the Raptors, do YOU give him the max to stay?

Sadds The Gr8
05-07-2016, 07:12 PM
Nobody asked if he was a premier player. The question still stands ... you are the GM of the Raptors, do YOU give him the max to stay?
I answered that. Looking at what guys of his caliber are being paid, then he's a max player.

He's gonna get it anyway so I still think debating is pointless

Sadds The Gr8
05-07-2016, 07:13 PM
Wp

Scoots
05-07-2016, 07:25 PM
I answered that. Looking at what guys of his caliber are being paid, then he's a max player.

So by saying "he's a max player" you are saying that you would sign him for the max to your Raptors? I'm not talking about his "value" or what he'll get from someone. You, the Raps GM, would re-sign him to the max.

That's interesting, it seems to me most Raps fans were happy to let him go.

Sadds The Gr8
05-07-2016, 07:29 PM
So by saying "he's a max player" you are saying that you would sign him for the max to your Raptors? I'm not talking about his "value" or what he'll get from someone. You, the Raps GM, would re-sign him to the max.

That's interesting, it seems to me most Raps fans were happy to let him go.
I wouldn't mind either way. I'm undecided right now. The money isn't the issue to me

Jamiecballer
05-07-2016, 08:35 PM
I'd like to see what derozan looks like with another head coach. Any of the other 29 will do.

eDush
05-07-2016, 08:42 PM

That's interesting, it seems to me most Raps fans were happy to let him go.Well if it's between him or Barnes, both who will garner max contracts offers this off season....I think you know whom I give the max contract to if I was to build a new team and needed someone who can lead his team in scoring from time to time without naming names here :nod:

I think I know who you would rather take as well to build your new team Scoots :)

dhopisthename
05-07-2016, 08:56 PM
hmm so a max for derzon would start at around 26.7 million dollars for an assumed 89 mill cap. This sounds outrageous, but if the cap then does indeed go to 105 million the year after then its similar to about a 22 mill salary this year. The real question is which Derozan are you getting. if its this years version 23.5 ppg on a ts% of .550 then you unquestionably max him, but if you get last years version of 20.6 ppg on a ts of .510 then definitely pass. I probably won't be mad if the Jazz offered him 20 mill+(this probably won't happen since he is a horrible fit for the current Jazz roster)

basketballkitty
05-07-2016, 08:56 PM
DD is not a difference maker of a player. He is now and has always been a bad outside shooter, and is less then average a defensive player. He is good off the dribble and driving to the hoop, and getting to the FT line, and with his Mid range game. Not close to being a Max player IMHO. I would offer him no more then 15 million a year on average tops.

aman_13
05-07-2016, 09:09 PM
I wouldn't give him the max, but as Sadds was saying, he's getting it.

Scoots
05-07-2016, 09:19 PM
Well if it's between him or Barnes, both who will garner max contracts offers this off season....I think you know whom I give the max contract to if I was to build a new team and needed someone who can lead his team in scoring from time to time without naming names here :nod:

I think I know who you would rather take as well to build your new team Scoots :)

You know that "joke" is really tired right?

I don't think Barnes should get a max deal, but I'd rather have Barnes on the Warriors than DeRozan if I only had the choice of those two.

Raps08-09 Champ
05-07-2016, 09:59 PM
Not to be my #1 option. If he was my 2nd/3rd option and I had the team to accommodate him, of course.

Tony_Starks
05-07-2016, 10:06 PM
Heck no!

He's going to get it tho, just better not be from my Lakers!

eDush
05-07-2016, 10:11 PM
Well if it's between him or Barnes, both who will garner max contracts offers this off season....I think you know whom I give the max contract to if I was to build a new team and needed someone who can lead his team in scoring from time to time without naming names here :nod:

You know that "joke" is really tired right?

I don't think Barnes should get a max deal, but I'd rather have Barnes on the Warriors than DeRozan if I only had the choice of those two.He sure nailing those open jump shots from the paint....sorry couldn't resist that take :(

eDush
05-07-2016, 10:16 PM
Heck no!

He's going to get it tho, just better not be from my Lakers!If the Lakers are smart, they will resigned Clarkson long term cause I like him as a pure shooter over this guy. If you don't want him back....DeRozen would compliment D'Angelo as they can be referred to as the 'Double D's :nod:

JasonJohnHorn
05-08-2016, 07:46 AM

I think you missed the question. It's not 'will he', it's 'is he worth it', and obviously it's not that obvious because different people have different thoughts on the matter.

You say he's going to get it, for instance, which means there are professionals who think he is worth it, yet many people here are saying no.

This isn't a yes-or-no question: this is an opinion. And just because you've been on here for six years doesn't mean you are incapable of making a comment that makes no sense whatsoever.

Jamiecballer
05-08-2016, 06:56 PM
Heck no!

He's going to get it tho, just better not be from my Lakers!
It so is and I can't wait because somehow you'll give us the 3rd pick as well

ewing
05-08-2016, 09:26 PM
i guess that was hyperbolic lol. But the exercise is tired and hot-takey.

hot-takey :laugh:

mavwar53
05-08-2016, 10:46 PM
Hell no, will he get it though, yes because teams are stupid and desperate. I sure Luke Walton doesn't have to start with him as his best player or actually on his team at all.

koreancabbage
05-08-2016, 11:25 PM
He needs to work on his shooting proficiency, but you're understating his driving ability and defense and desire to be 'the guy'. Obviously I hope the Lakers throw a max deal at him once he opts out. He can make a shot or a drive when the rookies can't.

perfect. take him.

DoMeFavors
05-09-2016, 01:29 AM
Demar is HORRIBLE, he cant really take a step back and be a player that compliments a star. His game is being the guy who takes the shots and is the go to, and him being that you aren't going to go very far.

Tony_Starks
05-09-2016, 08:56 AM
It so is and I can't wait because somehow you'll give us the 3rd pick as well

Nah, you guys can have Robert Sacre.....

Toronto Homer
05-09-2016, 09:21 AM
He is going to be paid the max or close to it by someone. I am okay with Toronto giving it to him as long as they can still find a way to acquire a starting PF. I would feel much better giving him a max if we didn't have that glaring need. Also, giving him a max likely means losing Biyombo, who has been very important to us this season. I am fine with Masai going either way with Derozan.

ewing
05-09-2016, 09:28 AM
I think most teams would do just as well with a smoothing shooting 2 that provides a little more spacing and ball movement with less scoring. In short i think teams could invest better then giving DD a max deal

MonroeFAN
05-09-2016, 10:30 AM
Why is it that when people make comments like "Whiteside is not a max player" they expect people to care what follows?

PowerHouse
05-09-2016, 12:16 PM
DeRozen would compliment D'Angelo as they can be referred to as the 'Double D's :nod:

??
One guy is a double D the other is a D-R.

Scoots
05-09-2016, 12:24 PM
Imagine him on the Rockets with Harden. His defense and shot selection would look MUCH better.

eDush
05-09-2016, 03:04 PM
??
One guy is a double D the other is a D-R.Which guy is a double D?

eDush
05-09-2016, 03:09 PM
Imagine him on the Rockets with Harden. His defense and shot selection would look MUCH better.they are both shooting combo guards, not playmakers so they would both fight to score if on the same court together.

Scoots
05-09-2016, 03:14 PM
they are both shooting combo guards, not playmakers so they would both fight to score if on the same court together.

1. It was a joke.
2. If you don't think they can create shots for their teammates you have not been watching.

Jamiecballer
05-09-2016, 03:34 PM
I'd give Derozan a Pepsi Max. Based on his history I wouldn't expect it back.

Scoots
05-09-2016, 05:03 PM
I'd give Derozan a Pepsi Max. Based on his history I wouldn't expect it back.

Zing! LOL

Hawkeye15
05-09-2016, 05:04 PM
absolutely not.

CHANGO
05-09-2016, 11:47 PM
Imagine him on the Rockets with Harden. His defense and shot selection would look MUCH better.

:laugh: I gotchu I gotchu

Good one.

koreancabbage
05-09-2016, 11:52 PM
Demar is HORRIBLE, he cant really take a step back and be a player that compliments a star. His game is being the guy who takes the shots and is the go to, and him being that you aren't going to go very far.

Damn. DMF is more knowledgeable than some raptors fans who want Demar back at any cost. Kudos. Maybe there is some redemptive quality to this guy.

Aust
05-10-2016, 12:06 AM
No, I've never been a fan. Praying Raptors do well enough that he resigns so that we don't throw stupid money at him.

ghettosean
05-10-2016, 12:16 AM

Brooklyn is on record saying they'll offer him max in free agency... I'm waiting to see if you call him a legend if he goes to Brooklyn... Lol

Seriously though good to see you back on PSD.

bucketss
05-10-2016, 12:25 AM
Brooklyn is on record saying they'll offer him max in free agency... I'm waiting to see if you call him a legend if he goes to Brooklyn... Lol

Seriously though good to see you back on PSD.

they just got out of joe johnsons contract seems like they haven't learned a thing.

Wade n Fade
05-10-2016, 12:29 AM
Watch a dark horse give DeRozan a near max? The Bricks might be a team that would do that lol. They gave Amare a max deal out of desperation.

zn23
05-10-2016, 01:14 AM
I can't wait till some team is dumb enough to sign him.

Here are Derozan's flaws: He's slow. He lacks a quick first step he makes it easy for the opposing player to guard him. Second, he has a hard time creating separation because he doesn't have good handles. His only go to move is a pump fake, and I'm surprised that teams keep falling for it. He's a 28% career 3pt shooter, So he's not going to hurt you from distance. He's also not much of a playmaker (2.6 assists per game career average). His defense is quite poor.

So what you're getting is a really average player who can draw fouls and swallow up possessions.

eDush
05-10-2016, 08:43 AM
good 2 way player. youd get him in his prime, hes one of the best at his position in the league. Yeah- he should get a max.

max contracts are not reserved for superstars anymore. id say if you are capable of being a top 3 player on a decent team- then you have a shot at the max.

derozen was the second best player on the second seed in the east.Barnes played better than him today which says a lot imo. Double D plays like the 2nd worst player in the entire playoffs, not just for the second seed in the east.

eDush
05-10-2016, 08:48 AM
I can't wait till some team is dumb enough to sign him.

Here are Derozan's flaws: He's slow. He lacks a quick first step he makes it easy for the opposing player to guard him. Second, he has a hard time creating separation because he doesn't have good handles. His only go to move is a pump fake, and I'm surprised that teams keep falling for it. He's a 28% career 3pt shooter, So he's not going to hurt you from distance. He's also not much of a playmaker (2.6 assists per game career average). His defense is quite poor.

So what you're getting is a really average player who can draw fouls and swallow up possessions.Well some team decided to make Arod the highest paid player in the league at the time when he suxx in the post season too.

R. Johnson#3
05-10-2016, 11:16 AM
He improves an aspect of his game every year for the regular season then goes back to tunnel vision DeMar in the playoffs. I've been a big supporter of his for a long time but 3 post seasons in a row is enough for me. I wouldn't give him the max. Hell I wouldn't even give him a contract. Even Lowry has found other ways to contribute while he struggles but not DeMar. He's actually our biggest liability right now.

KnicksorBust
05-10-2016, 11:33 AM
Not a great passer, shooter, or defender. Why should he get a max?

eDush
05-10-2016, 05:20 PM
Not a great passer, shooter, or defender. Why should he get a max?Cause Barnes can too.

eDush
05-22-2016, 03:16 AM
Absolutely not. Volume scorer that doesn't bring much else to the table. 20 point scorers are a dime a dozen. If that's what you want, go sign Marcus Thornton for the vet min.He needs to work on his shooting proficiency, but you're understating his driving ability and defense and desire to be 'the guy'. Obviously I hope the Lakers throw a max deal at him once he opts out. He can make a shot or a drive when the rookies can't.After tonight, he earn the max cause he played like a max in making the Cavs looks bad...something Lebron does so well.

Raps08-09 Champ
05-22-2016, 03:18 AM
Give him the max.

lol, please
05-22-2016, 04:50 AM
Give him the max.

:worthy:

Jamiecballer
05-22-2016, 12:41 PM
Give that man his pepsi max. But not a max contract god jesus no.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Tony_Starks
05-23-2016, 01:23 PM
Torronto going to max him out.

God bless them!

Jamiecballer
05-23-2016, 01:49 PM

God bless them!
Our teams will probably never play a meaningful game against each other so all we have as fans is the hope that the other team signs derozan

Tony_Starks
05-23-2016, 02:42 PM
Our teams will probably never play a meaningful game against each other so all we have as fans is the hope that the other team signs derozan

True.

Well actually you guys are part of one of the most memorable games in Laker history so we almost owe you one.

Stunner
05-29-2016, 03:41 PM
More Player News
DeMar DeRozan - G/F - Raptors
The Lakers and 76ers will reportedly pursue DeMar DeRozan as an unrestricted free agent this offseason.
DeRozan has said time and again that his preference would be to remain with the Raptors, but after shooting just 39.4 percent from the field through Toronto's postseason run, it'll be interesting to see if the Raptors are willing to give DeRozan a max-deal. A max-contract for DeRozan will clock in at around $145 million over five years, which will impact Toronto's ability to bring in additional pieces, such as re-signing Bismack Biyombo. That being said, DeRozan is sure to receive a max offer from someone this summer, so Toronto is going to have some tough decisions to make.
Related: Lakers, 76ers
Source: sportsnet.ca May 29 - 2:52 PM

Sadds The Gr8
05-29-2016, 03:58 PM

God bless them!

nah u guys can take him

Aust
05-29-2016, 04:00 PM
He sounds like he really wants to stay with Toronto.

More Player News
DeMar DeRozan - G/F - Raptors
The Lakers and 76ers will reportedly pursue DeMar DeRozan as an unrestricted free agent this offseason.
DeRozan has said time and again that his preference would be to remain with the Raptors, but after shooting just 39.4 percent from the field through Toronto's postseason run, it'll be interesting to see if the Raptors are willing to give DeRozan a max-deal. A max-contract for DeRozan will clock in at around $145 million over five years, which will impact Toronto's ability to bring in additional pieces, such as re-signing Bismack Biyombo. That being said, DeRozan is sure to receive a max offer from someone this summer, so Toronto is going to have some tough decisions to make.
Related: Lakers, 76ers
Source: sportsnet.ca May 29 - 2:52 PM

Noah Coslov @NoahCoslov

From @KevinDing with us @br_radio on #Lakers: ďThereís a lot of presumption about Derozan and Iím told the Lakers arenít that high on him"

:)

Bostonjorge
05-29-2016, 04:18 PM
All this guy did was take a team to the east finals. That don't get you any kind of real respect in here.

koreancabbage
05-29-2016, 08:02 PM
All this guy did was take a team to the east finals. That don't get you any kind of real respect in here.

this is the same guy who hates on Lebron. double standard much?

CHANGO
05-29-2016, 08:09 PM

This is coming from a guy who says;

His 4 final loses tell me in the west he has 0 rings and 0 final appearance. James has literally played in the weakest conferences ever in the history of the game. One year it was the weakest ever. Without the rings this recored is worthless.

The east is where DeMare gets you 2 games away form the finals yet we don't see him as a top 15 player in the league and some don't see him as a max player. The main reason is because we don't take the east serious. If you take your team to the second round out west your a top 10 player and on one of the all NBA teams. That's fact.

Aslong as the east is the second tier conference with second rate teams then he has at least 3-4 more years.

"The east is weak, anyone can get their team to the ECF, I'm not surprised"

Apparently no, not from you, because you say that...

Bostonjorge
05-29-2016, 08:46 PM
I wasn't asking a question. I was stating a fact that getting to the east finals gets you no real respect.

More-Than-Most
05-29-2016, 09:06 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... Its the going rate and I use to defend him but PASS

Jamiecballer
05-29-2016, 09:59 PM
Yeah Jorge is an idiot but you guys misunderstood. I knew he was being a dick. As usual though he is wrong, the guy who takes the most shots is not automatically indispensable. Not the first time you've made that mistake.

HandsOnTheWheel
05-29-2016, 10:36 PM
5 years/145 million? I wouldn't give him a penny more than 10 million per if I were a GM.

Dade County
05-29-2016, 11:25 PM
This thread is still up.

The answer is HELL no.

eDush
05-30-2016, 05:54 AM
This thread is still up.

The answer is HELL no.I would if I was a small market team struggling to win games and looking for a playoff experience vet in his prime with max money potentials to help my team win say like if I was running the Orlando Magic and would trade that bust in Hezonja and have DD as my new SG. If I was the Wiz, I rather have him over Beal to give a max like contract in the 20m range. With the cap going way up...every team would need to give at least 2 players Max money or they would be force to split left over to every player as part of CBA so why not him?

I care about winning and he can win with the right coach :nod:

aman_13
05-30-2016, 06:29 AM
5 years/145 million? I wouldn't give him a penny more than 10 million per if I were a GM.

He's not a max player but he's pretty good. Posts like this just make me question if people even watch him play.

eDush
05-30-2016, 06:49 AM

He's not a max player but he's pretty good. Posts like this just make me question if people even watch him play.If he was a GM, he would not sign anyone with max potential. He has the tools cause he has done it but fall into lapses with bad games in the playoffs like Durant has in game 6 so he won't give him more than 10m either :laugh2:

Stunner
05-30-2016, 12:19 PM
Ujiri won't commit to max money for DeRozan
Raptors GM Masai Ujiri would not commit to giving DeMar DeRozan a max contract.
Although Ujiri made it clear the Raptors would like to re-sign DeRozan in calling it the team's "No. 1 goal," the GM refused to answer whether or not he was prepared to offer DD a max deal. "That question is for later," Ujiri said. The answer will be interpreted in a number of ways, but the reality is that there is no need for Ujiri to box himself into a corner by definitively answering one way or the other at this time. As is typical in free agency, the marketplace will determine DeRozan's value. Having said that, all signs point to a max deal.
Source: Eric Koreen on Twitter May 30 - 11:26 AM

Aust
05-30-2016, 03:05 PM
Demar's agent gonna start using us as leverage soon smh.

ghettosean
05-30-2016, 03:51 PM
Demar's agent gonna start using us as leverage soon smh.

I hope he does since recent reports say you guys aren't that interested.

CHANGO
05-30-2016, 03:58 PM
I wasn't asking a question. I was stating a fact that getting to the east finals gets you no real respect.

Yeah Jorge is an idiot but you guys misunderstood. I knew he was being a dick. As usual though he is wrong, the guy who takes the most shots is not automatically indispensable. Not the first time you've made that mistake.

Yes, he got me there.

Still I disagree with everything he said.

1st DeRozan didn't carried ****. He was awful most of the time till the ECF where he played good basketball.

2nd If he carried a team to the ECF then yes, that's respectable.

LanceUpperCut
05-30-2016, 04:24 PM
He might not be worth a Max but he is better and deserves more then Whiteside, Beal, Horford, Batum all guys who will also get paid.

eDush
05-30-2016, 06:23 PM
He is more max than Beal all day long unless milking injuries is grounds for max money.

Dade County
05-30-2016, 07:06 PM
He might not be worth a Max but he is better and deserves more then Whiteside, Beal, Horford, Batum all guys who will also get paid.

So if you was a GM, and you was starting up a team, you would take Derozan over Whiteside?

Matter of fact, you think most GM's would take Demar over Whiteside?

I would if I was a small market team struggling to win games and looking for a playoff experience vet in his prime with max money potentials to help my team win say like if I was running the Orlando Magic and would trade that bust in Hezonja and have DD as my new SG. If I was the Wiz, I rather have him over Beal to give a max like contract in the 20m range. With the cap going way up...every team would need to give at least 2 players Max money or they would be force to split left over to every player as part of CBA so why not him?

I care about winning and he can win with the right coach :nod:

He's skill set isn't enough to put a team over the top (winning a championship as the 1st option)... I can see him as a 3rd or 4th option, helping a team get over the hump.

And i think the Max for him will be around 25mil per. Thats crazy, HELL NO! If the Raps can sign him for 19mil a year, cool; but not 25mil and it goes up per yr.

I wonder if \you would think this way, if Miami had a full roster, and the Raps didn't make the ECF. Lets say Miami beat them in 5, are you still thinking that he should get around 25mil a year?

CHANGO
05-30-2016, 08:25 PM

I disagree with the two bold ones.

After this playoffs, Whiteside should be getting paid and deserves it more than DeRozan.

And Batum even with the injury, is a complete player who helped the Hornets be the team they are.

Beal is too injury prone. Horford is on the decline.

LanceUpperCut
05-30-2016, 08:40 PM
I disagree with the two bold ones.

After this playoffs, Whiteside should be getting paid and deserves it more than DeRozan.

And Batum even with the injury, is a complete player who helped the Hornets be the team they are.

Beal is too injury prone. Horford is on the decline.

? I'm assuming he was great against Charlotte then cause he was garbage against the Raps. I personally think Whiteside is so overrated.

Batum might be a more complete player but he's just not as good and DD is younger and easily had a better season.

Scoots
05-31-2016, 10:30 AM
? I'm assuming he was great against Charlotte then cause he was garbage against the Raps. I personally think Whiteside is so overrated.

Batum might be a more complete player but he's just not as good and DD is younger and easily had a better season.

Whiteside is very good at a small list of things. As long as that is what a team needs and he's willing to limit his game to those things then all is good.