PDA

View Full Version : Chris Bosh's season officially over

Big Zo
05-04-2016, 04:50 PM
Per Tim Reynolds, and various official twitter accounts.

WaDe03
05-04-2016, 04:59 PM
Hate to say it but time to retire or look in to the near impossible task of trading him. Can't keep wasting seasons. That one year rule kills me when it comes to the salary.

Big Zo
05-04-2016, 05:07 PM
Hate to say it but time to retire or look in to the near impossible task of trading him. Can't keep wasting seasons. That one year rule kills me when it comes to the salary.

He has no plans to retire as of now, according to people with ties to the organization. I do agree that he probably should, though.

Dade County
05-04-2016, 05:09 PM
His sacrifice is too great...smh

This statement today made my predictions wrong.

WaDe03
05-04-2016, 05:18 PM
He has no plans to retire as of now, according to people with ties to the organization. I do agree that he probably should, though.

He needs to come off the bench next year and win that 6MOY award then. Try to keep this team together and keep winning like we are in hopes of recruiting a big name free agent.

WaDe03
05-04-2016, 05:20 PM
While I was banking on Bosh coming back to beat the Cavs I still think we can do it. Although this makes it tougher but guys are just going to have to continue to step up like they have been. Vee-Rex may get the last laugh. :confused:

Vee-Rex
05-04-2016, 05:27 PM
Blood Clots are the real deal. I've said it before 2354098432 times.

It's not something you can just come back from just because you want to play, especially if you are on blood thinners. Any bruise or cut could end up being fatal. And as soon as he stop using blood thinners and try to come back he could easily get a clot (and suffer a stroke or heart attack).

He may be able to come back next year, but I don't blame them for refusing to allow him to play.

Vee-Rex
05-04-2016, 05:28 PM
While I was banking on Bosh coming back to beat the Cavs I still think we can do it. Although this makes it tougher but guys are just going to have to continue to step up like they have been. Vee-Rex may get the last laugh. :confused:

I never counted on getting any last laugh.

I figured your excuses would fall under 1 of 2 things (or both):

1. Bosh is hurt.
2. Refs caused it.

WaDe03
05-04-2016, 05:33 PM
I never counted on getting any last laugh.

I figured your excuses would fall under 1 of 2 things (or both):

1. Bosh is hurt.
2. Refs caused it.

Haha don't worry I plan on giving you your props if you guys win because you haven't been a dick about it. I am hoping for a fair officiated series that the refs will allow the players to decide but it looks like neither team has got the benefit of the whistle so far so that may not be an issue. Bosh being out hurts but there's no chance of a comeback and we've played well without him so I'm still confident.

WaDe03
05-04-2016, 05:36 PM
Anyone think a teams would be willing to take him if he plans to retire if we package someone with him we wouldn't normally look to trade. For example, Bosh and TJ to the Sixers for a 2nd round pick or Bosh and a 1st round pick. I doubt be retires but if that is the plan anyone think any teams would be interested in a trade like this? It clears a ton of cap space for the Heat this summer.

DboneG
05-04-2016, 05:42 PM
Since when did a organization care so much about your health?! Strange brew. I'm not drinking it!
I think Chris Bosh mush have pissed off the Heat organization some kind of way. Maybe going outside and getting another doctors approval, involving the players association NBPA. Who knows!
I think they should have allowed Chris Bosh to play. He wouldn't have made a difference against the Cavs...if they were to meet. But, it would have been much more interesting seeing Bosh and Wade go against Bron Bron.

When you are out for some time, one has to get their rhythm back...get in playing shape, not mess up the flow of the team rotation.

lakerfan85
05-04-2016, 05:56 PM
Heat are still going to the Finals..

Sportsguy9695
05-04-2016, 05:57 PM
I dont see him retiring any time soon but I don't see him having much more left in the tank

Scoots
05-04-2016, 06:11 PM
Blood Clots are the real deal. I've said it before 2354098432 times.

It's not something you can just come back from just because you want to play, especially if you are on blood thinners. Any bruise or cut could end up being fatal. And as soon as he stop using blood thinners and try to come back he could easily get a clot (and suffer a stroke or heart attack).

He may be able to come back next year, but I don't blame them for refusing to allow him to play.

I agree.

The worst thing a tall guy with blood clotting issues in his legs can do is air travel so it's a good thing he doesn't have a job that requires much travel.

I don't expect Bosh to retire, he'll keep trying to come back and may be able to for short stretches, but his life is going to change dramatically now that the issue has come back a second time. Diet, exercise, travel, just playing with his kids may well change. I wonder if it's possible to get an exercise bike into a plane :)

WaDe03
05-04-2016, 06:23 PM
Anyone know anything about an insurance waiver? Apparently we may look into this with Bosh.

RCarlson85
05-04-2016, 06:32 PM
It's too bad, but I don't know how anyone can really be surprised by this announcement. He wasn't even practicing. There's no way you come back to play after missing months when you can't even practice at this point. It would have been awesome to have him come back to even just play 15 min/game backing up Whiteside in place of Amare or McRoberts but it was just never really realistic. He's got more to worry about at this point than playing b-ball.

gaughan333
05-04-2016, 07:01 PM
I think it's less about him not being in shape to come back and more about them worrying that his blood clotting issue would lead to dying or having some horrible side effect on the court/as a result of playing.

Scoots
05-04-2016, 07:50 PM
In a world where a company can be sued regardless of what the employee said or documents the employee signed it's easy to understand why a team would listen to their own doctors over the player and doctors employed by the player.

FlashBolt
05-04-2016, 09:20 PM
Some people don't care about him... one guy can care less about his health but is already talking about amnestying or trading him. Just shows you just how loyal this one Heat fan really is. It's unfortunate because Bosh is one of the nicest guys around. I met him when I visited Toronto years ago. Only guy who actually seemed genuine. Hope he recovers well. If not, he can retire with two rings.

WaDe03
05-04-2016, 10:08 PM
Some people don't care about him... one guy can care less about his health but is already talking about amnestying or trading him. Just shows you just how loyal this one Heat fan really is. It's unfortunate because Bosh is one of the nicest guys around. I met him when I visited Toronto years ago. Only guy who actually seemed genuine. Hope he recovers well. If not, he can retire with two rings.

I care about him and apparently he thinks he's fine but there's just no way the heat will let him play. I want him to retire and you would want the same if it happened to Ibaka or Westbrook/Durant 2 years in a row. That's a lot of money for someone not to finish out a season and his life isn't in jeopardy so nothing to be worried about. Like you said retire with 2 rings, be a hall of famer, and take all this money and live happily with your wife and 5 children. Hell I'll take him on the coaching staff, just tired of this happening every year.

numba1CHANGsta
05-04-2016, 10:29 PM
The NBA just doesn't want a major lawsuit and fork up millions of dollars if Bosh were to get clear to play and then have his medical condition get worse

FlashBolt
05-04-2016, 10:40 PM
I care about him and apparently he thinks he's fine but there's just no way the heat will let him play. I want him to retire and you would want the same if it happened to Ibaka or Westbrook/Durant 2 years in a row. That's a lot of money for someone not to finish out a season and his life isn't in jeopardy so nothing to be worried about. Like you said retire with 2 rings, be a hall of famer, and take all this money and live happily with your wife and 5 children. Hell I'll take him on the coaching staff, just tired of this happening every year.

They aren't letting him play because "Chris Bosh of the Miami Heat has been pronounced dead after game 3 of the NBA Eastern Conference Finals" will cause the world to think WTF really happened there that they let him play with the slight possibility of knowing something could go wrong. Chris Bosh can play all he wants but no one wants that liability on their hands... and certainly not the Heat.

naps
05-04-2016, 10:52 PM
Exacrly^^. Even if he signed the liability waiver, still it would make Miami Heat look like **** to the rest of the world. None wants see this or be a part of this.

WaDe03
05-04-2016, 11:07 PM
They aren't letting him play because "Chris Bosh of the Miami Heat has been pronounced dead after game 3 of the NBA Eastern Conference Finals" will cause the world to think WTF really happened there that they let him play with the slight possibility of knowing something could go wrong. Chris Bosh can play all he wants but no one wants that liability on their hands... and certainly not the Heat.

Exactly which is why we should come up with a way to get rid of his contract for this summer. Just an example but if we got rid of his contract as well as McRoberts we could potentially add Durant and LeBron in the summer. Obviously very unlikely but I'm saying that is the type of money we could open up depending on how much Wade, Joe, Deng, Whiteside, etc. are willing to take to win championships. That's a max player and very quality role players in exchange for those 2 guys.

JasonJohnHorn
05-04-2016, 11:24 PM
I have a lot of respect for the team for not playing him.

I have a lot of respect for Bosh wanting to play.

I don't know about the medical issue and how it can be treated, but I wish him the best for personal health reasons, and hope that he can return to the game. It's a shame he has to go through this in his personal life, and for fans its a shame that he is going to miss this match-up with Toronto, which would have been special for him, and also the potential match-up against LBJ, which would have also been great for both him and fans.

Scoots
05-05-2016, 11:08 AM
Exactly which is why we should come up with a way to get rid of his contract for this summer. Just an example but if we got rid of his contract as well as McRoberts we could potentially add Durant and LeBron in the summer. Obviously very unlikely but I'm saying that is the type of money we could open up depending on how much Wade, Joe, Deng, Whiteside, etc. are willing to take to win championships. That's a max player and very quality role players in exchange for those 2 guys.

If you cared for the man wouldn't you want him to get his money too? You know, the money he sacrificed to help your team win?

kdspurman
05-05-2016, 11:16 AM
http://www.hothothoops.com/2016/5/4/11592142/erik-spoelstra-witnessed-hank-gathers-horrific-collapse-chris-bosh-heat

The Bosh matter drawing uninformed opinions from people who do not have all the facts is counterproductive to the entire issue, since from outward appearances, both Gathers and Maravich publicly said they felt fine. Perhaps the video above might serve as a reminder of how this matter is too serious for public debate, and should be settled privately between the involved parties.

Didn't realize Spo witnessed Hank Gathers dying on the court.... Wow

WaDe03
05-05-2016, 12:24 PM
Scoots, he'll get his money regardless of if he retires or is traded. I'd rather not go through the same thing next year though it's getting old. If he comes back and is fine then great, I'll be happy but I don't see it happening. He didn't really sacrifice much money and has a ridiculous contract right now so I would say it's pretty even or that we overpaid for his time here. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe he made more than Wade and LeBron from the Heat in the big 3 era. He's made about 50M in the last 2 years for basically a seasons worth of work.

Scoots
05-05-2016, 02:32 PM
Scoots, he'll get his money regardless of if he retires or is traded. I'd rather not go through the same thing next year though it's getting old. If he comes back and is fine then great, I'll be happy but I don't see it happening. He didn't really sacrifice much money and has a ridiculous contract right now so I would say it's pretty even or that we overpaid for his time here. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe he made more than Wade and LeBron from the Heat in the big 3 era. He's made about 50M in the last 2 years for basically a seasons worth of work.

I think if he retires he doesn't get his money.

FlashBolt
05-05-2016, 03:03 PM
So Heat are insured and thus, don't pay for Bosh's salary. I think that also has a huge reason as to why they aren't playing him. No right or wrong here but Heat are justified for not playing Bosh. Not a huge deal here, it is what it is.

WaDe03
05-05-2016, 03:07 PM
I think if he retires he doesn't get his money.

Insurance pays I believe. Either way he has more than enough.

FlashBolt
05-05-2016, 03:08 PM
Insurance pays I believe. Either way he has more than enough.

Insurance pays for this season. I don't think he's allowed to retire and still keep that money for the future seasons.

WaDe03
05-05-2016, 04:23 PM
Insurance pays for this season. I don't think he's allowed to retire and still keep that money for the future seasons.

Is that because of that new Gilbert Arenas rule or whatever?

WaDe03
05-05-2016, 04:35 PM
Heat reporters Ethan Skolnick and Ira Winderman say the Heat will build a team this summer with the assumption that Bosh won't be back and if he does come back we'll find a way to work him in. Ira says he thinks Bosh will never play another game.

naps
05-05-2016, 07:12 PM

If he retires for medical reasons then yes he absolutely gets every single penny of his remaining contract.

FlashBolt
05-05-2016, 09:47 PM
If he retires for medical reasons then yes he absolutely gets every single penny of his remaining contract.

oh wow.. i wish i had that under my contract. Thought i still don't believe it, where did you find that out at?

Scoots
05-05-2016, 10:47 PM
http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q63

So, if Miami won't play him but Bosh still wants to Miami could cut him and he could play elsewhere but Miami would be on the hook for his full contract and it would count against the Miami cap.

If Bosh does retire injured then Miami can put in for an exemption to get his salary off the cap, and if the NBA doctors say he can still play then Miami doesn't get out of the cap hit.

If Bosh, the Heat, and the NBA all agree then Bosh drops off the cap for the last 2 years of his deal.

FlashBolt
05-06-2016, 12:38 AM
http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q63

So, if Miami won't play him but Bosh still wants to Miami could cut him and he could play elsewhere but Miami would be on the hook for his full contract and it would count against the Miami cap.

If Bosh does retire injured then Miami can put in for an exemption to get his salary off the cap, and if the NBA doctors say he can still play then Miami doesn't get out of the cap hit.

If Bosh, the Heat, and the NBA all agree then Bosh drops off the cap for the last 2 years of his deal.

Wow, looks like Bosh wins anyhow financially.

Nick O
05-06-2016, 10:26 AM
I dont see him retiring any time soon but I don't see him having much more left in the tank

I dissagree. Im upset this happened to him because similar to Duncan (NOT IN TALENT) in the way that he has a style of play that would allow him to play deep into his 30s were it not for this. hes fundamentally strong, great basketball IQ this is tough to see, hes such a phenomenal player i hope it isnt the end for him, he clearly loves basketball.

Scoots
05-06-2016, 12:31 PM
Wow, looks like Bosh wins anyhow financially.

Actually, if Bosh retires and Miami makes the argument that he's not "injured" they can recoup some (a lot of) money from Bosh.

Also, Miami could theoretically cut him and amnesty him, but I don't think he's eligible for the amnesty.

Scoots
05-06-2016, 12:32 PM
Maybe he could come to the Warriors and only play home games to avoid the travel :)

Chronz
05-06-2016, 07:03 PM
Hope this doesn't get ugly.

I remember struggling with wanting to see Grant Hill play to wanting Orlando to have the cap space. Iirc, takes 2 years of inactivity to come off the books

Scoots
05-06-2016, 08:22 PM
Hope this doesn't get ugly.

I remember struggling with wanting to see Grant Hill play to wanting Orlando to have the cap space. Iirc, takes 2 years of inactivity to come off the books

The first full calendar year he's on the cap, after that he's off ... unless the NBA denies the request.

xcghgy
05-07-2016, 12:01 PM
Hate to say it but time to retire or look in to the near impossible task of trading him. Can't keep wasting seasons. That one year rule kills me when it comes to the salary. http://financeseeyou.com/red/images/7.gif
http://financeseeyou.com/red/images/8.gif http://financeseeyou.com/red/images/42.gif