PDA

View Full Version : What would be a good package for DMC?

JasonJohnHorn
05-02-2016, 11:33 PM
I realize DMC has gotten some bad press in the past, but he is still an immensely talented player.

I think the Kings scenario is not going to work out. He is a spoiled child there, and ownership needs to take responsibility for that. He won't respect them now, because they have bent over for him so much.

He has, however, proven that he is coachable. Karl has reason to be proud of some of his work in Sac-Town. DMC developed a 3-point shot, and his shot selection has improved.

But the question is, what kind of package would be suitable for him? And what teams could use him? Do the Bucks or the Knicks have anything to offer? What about the Lakers? Boston? Philly?

Can DMC be productive somewhere? And if so where is that and what kind of package could a team offer for him that would help them improve, and help the Kings improve?

IndyRealist
05-02-2016, 11:49 PM
I immediately thought Portland or Memphis. The Blazers have young bigs, McCollum, and cap space. The Grizz could play him at PF in Randolph's role, though like everyone else they've wanted to play faster and shoot more 3s.

Mave1002
05-02-2016, 11:50 PM
I realize DMC has gotten some bad press in the past, but he is still an immensely talented player.

I think the Kings scenario is not going to work out. He is a spoiled child there, and ownership needs to take responsibility for that. He won't respect them now, because they have bent over for him so much.

He has, however, proven that he is coachable. Karl has reason to be proud of some of his work in Sac-Town. DMC developed a 3-point shot, and his shot selection has improved.

But the question is, what kind of package would be suitable for him? And what teams could use him? Do the Bucks or the Knicks have anything to offer? What about the Lakers? Boston? Philly?

Can DMC be productive somewhere? And if so where is that and what kind of package could a team offer for him that would help them improve, and help the Kings improve?

Well, I can see the Lakers trying to build a package for Boogie if:

1.) We miss out on the #1 pick (basically it's anyone except #1/D'LO)
2.) We lose the pick, panic, and have the farm offered (Wouldnt oppose if it would net us Durant, too.)
3.) Boogie says he wants to be a Laker (Laker for life, that is. Id welcome him with open arms.)

I was high on Cousins for sometime but.. yeah, based on what happened a couple of years back, I wouldnt want another Dwightmare happening all over again. He'll be a free agent in two years time and I believe that it could somehow affect his trade value. Looking at the options, I see my Lakers looking at the following too:

Whiteside/Horford/Ezeli/Drummond, hell, maybe even consider Pau Gasol. Depending on our new coach and his system.

Do I want him as a Laker? Definitely. Do we have the pieces? Time will tell. Do I want the FO to go an extra mile trying to pursue him? I wouldnt say I do, not if we lose all the youngsters + miss out on Super FAs who doesnt want to play with him.

eDush
05-03-2016, 09:00 AM

Can DMC be productive somewhere? And if so where is that and what kind of package could a team offer for him that would help them improve, and help the Kings improve?Its who the next coach will can get him to buy in to winning as a team otherwise they would have retain Karl, simple as that.

Mark Jackson or Patrick Ewing are the two guys I believe who can get him to be a man and take responsibility for their actions as they both has he panache to handle the tough pressure of playing in NY and succeeded where many has failed like DWill. It's take tough love which DMC needs instead of trading him like Karl wanted. They both have interviews coming along with Hornacek and Blatt. Those last two will either get a towel thrown to their face or be their mop boy to anything DMC wants aka Lebron.

The question for Kings fans to ask is this. Do you feel lucky....:laugh:

KnicksorBust
05-03-2016, 11:29 AM
Wiz need to make a grandfather offer and pair Wall/DMC together.

Hawkeye15
05-03-2016, 11:31 AM
8-9"

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-03-2016, 01:23 PM
Love was had for a number 1 pick. He and Cousins are similar in that they put up good numbers on bad teams. I don't think Love had the bad rep like Cousins does though. You would have Cousins under control for an additional year over what Cleveland had Love for so he might cost a little more.

TheNumber37
05-03-2016, 01:34 PM
2 first round draft picks. 2 really good players

Scoots
05-03-2016, 01:41 PM
2 first round draft picks. 2 really good players

Is that and or or?

Ty Fast
05-03-2016, 02:10 PM
I immediately thought Portland or Memphis. The Blazers have young bigs, McCollum, and cap space. The Grizz could play him at PF in Randolph's role, though like everyone else they've wanted to play faster and shoot more 3s.

Who would they give up?

CodeRed
05-03-2016, 02:15 PM
I wouldn't count out Denver in any Cousins trade talks. He loves Malone, and has said so plenty of times, and the owners have been starved for a star since Melo forced his way out. The Nuggets have plenty of assets to offer whether it be in the form of young players or draft picks. I wouldn't be surprised if we roll the dice.

smith&wesson
05-03-2016, 02:33 PM
4 star players I can see Cousins being paired with and having some success:

Paul George
Damian Lillard
John Wall
Jimmy Butler

Indiana has some nice young pieces they can offer up for Cousins like Turner & S. Hill.

BoSox47
05-03-2016, 02:39 PM
What does everyone think the celtics would have to give up?

smith&wesson
05-03-2016, 02:46 PM

Well the Kings gave up Thomas which is probably the most valuable player the Celtics have.

smith&wesson
05-03-2016, 02:50 PM
I wouldn't count out Denver in any Cousins trade talks. He loves Malone, and has said so plenty of times, and the owners have been starved for a star since Melo forced his way out. The Nuggets have plenty of assets to offer whether it be in the form of young players or draft picks. I wouldn't be surprised if we roll the dice.

I doubt Cousins will want to stay in the west unless he's playing for a contender. Teams like Denver aren't really in any better of a position than Sacramento right now.

Also he would probably want to be paired with another star player to give him a chance at winning. He already has 2nd tier players like Gay and Rondo and that amounted to nothing. He would need to play with other tier one players in order to have a real chance of any success to keep him happy.

smith&wesson
05-03-2016, 03:05 PM
I dont think Masai Ujiri would covet a player like DMC other wise he has the assets to put a strong offer on the table. (Normal Powell, Delon Wright, Terrance Ross, NYK's first round pick, LAC first round pick)

This core wouldn't be to shabby if Masai did roll the dice though

Lowry
Derozan
Carroll
DMC
Jonas

thephoenixson28
05-03-2016, 03:23 PM
Phoenix has Len + Picks. Maybe a Len,Brandon knight, and Picks for Cousins.

FOXHOUND
05-03-2016, 03:29 PM
Orlando should pull a reverse Dwight Howard trade. Big ole trade, lot's of moving parts. They have the cap space to sign a big FA after the fact and a roster loaded with young talent that can use some offloading anyways. You don't want another Tobias Harris situation where you literally give away a good 23-year old player just to make roster and salary cap room.

Moyaz
05-03-2016, 03:32 PM
I would love to see him in Dallas. The Mavs are in need for a Center.

Something like Parson/Lee/Pachulia for DMC.

1-Deron
2-Felton
3-Wesley
4-Dirk
5-DMC

smith&wesson
05-03-2016, 03:40 PM
Phoenix has Len + Picks. Maybe a Len,Brandon knight, and Picks for Cousins.

Knight and Len are to good young players to build a package around. Depending on the picks being offered, that could be a good offer.

JOSKOMANG4
05-03-2016, 03:40 PM
- Cousins to DEN.

- Kings acquire F P.Patterson, & 4-1st rd picks; Projected 7th, 15th,19th, & 27th overall picks.

- Raptors acquire K.Faried

CodeRed
05-03-2016, 03:41 PM
I dont think Masai Ujiri would covet a player like DMC other wise he has the assets to put a strong offer on the table. (Normal Powell, Delon Wright, Terrance Ross, NYK's first round pick, LAC first round pick)

This core wouldn't be to shabby if Masai did roll the dice though

Lowry
Derozan
Carroll
DMC
Jonas So you think he wouldn't want to play with tier 2 players, year would go to the Raptors who are an entire team of tier 2 players? Gallo is as good as any other player on Toronto IMO. Mudiay has a ceiling higher than Lowry's prime years. Depending on who we gave up in the trade we'd still have the assets and salary cap to add another significant piece trough a trade or free agency.

5ass
05-03-2016, 03:44 PM

honestly i think it has to be the BKN picks with Crowder and Bradley/Smart. Kings are going to want good players back if they deal with the celtics. They dont own their picks so they won't want to suck.

I honestly dont see why people think the celtics are the best fit for a trade. I think the sixers can offer the best package if the Kings wanted to tear it down. That's because the sixers own the rights to the Kings' picks and they can offer some good prospects. Something like Embiid, Simmons, Saric and their picks back is a good way to start a complete rebuild. Keep adding to the talent through the draft and in a few years you could make the play offs with potential to be a 50 win team if you draft right.

Another destination not mentioned yet that makes a lot of sense is the Magic. That's a deal that can keep the Kings from becoming a terrible team. something like Fournier (has to be a midseason trade),Mario, Vucevic, 11th pick and future picks could work. I know Divac wanted to draft Mario at 6th in the last draft, and Vucevic is a perfect compliment to WCS. I think with a few minor moves they could possibly win 40 games and make the play offs in the weak western conference as soon as next year.

All they'd need to do is to find a diamond in the rough type PG wether its through FA or draft/trade, and they have a starting 5 and a great 6th man for years to come. Its the fastest/safest way to rebuild, but probably not a very high ceiling. It'll depend on what Divac thinks of Hezonja, but i think its a good package. Not a bad idea to replace Cousins' production with two potential 20 ppg players, and Mario is a good prospect IMO.

DanG
05-03-2016, 03:49 PM
Sullinger + Crowder + Nets 1st (top5) + Mavs 1st for Cousins

get kd

Thomas
Bradley
Durant
Johnson
Cousins

Rondo / Murray?
Bellinelli / Hield?
Crowder
Sullinger
WCS

trade Gay

Idk if its even good lol.

IndyRealist
05-03-2016, 03:53 PM

Paul George
Damian Lillard
John Wall
Jimmy Butler

Indiana has some nice young pieces they can offer up for Cousins like Turner & S. Hill.

I hope that never happens.

tp13baby
05-03-2016, 04:28 PM
I doubt Cousins will want to stay in the west unless he's playing for a contender. Teams like Denver aren't really in any better of a position than Sacramento right now.

Also he would probably want to be paired with another star player to give him a chance at winning. He already has 2nd tier players like Gay and Rondo and that amounted to nothing. He would need to play with other tier one players in order to have a real chance of any success to keep him happy.

Denver is a hell of alot better than the Kings in terms of where they are. He likes Malone, and our core took another step in the right direction. The Kings made another coaching change, Gay although improved, is highly inefficient and Rondo is an overrated PG.

As for playing for a contender. Denver is probably 3 years away regardless of having DMC or not.

Boston has the most to offer. Denver does too. Many teams will be pushed away cause his attitufe.

CodeRed
05-03-2016, 05:06 PM

Denver is a hell of alot better than the Kings in terms of where they are. He likes Malone, and our core took another step in the right direction. The Kings made another coaching change, Gay although improved, is highly inefficient and Rondo is an overrated PG.

As for playing for a contender. Denver is probably 3 years away regardless of having DMC or not.

Boston has the most to offer. Denver does too. Many teams will be pushed away cause his attitufe. I think if Denver added Cousins the playoffs would be very realistic next year IMO. If a package of Barton, Faried, Nurkic, and multiple firsts could get a deal done they'd have a VERY competitive team that could become contenders in a year or two with continued growth. Their core would still remain young as well. We actually probably have the assets to acquire Cousins and Jimmy Butler if the front office really wanted to fast forward the rebuilding process.

Kyben36
05-03-2016, 05:16 PM
celtics have the best shot. perior end of discussion, they have dont a great job gaining assets,

True Sports Fan
05-03-2016, 05:33 PM

Paul George
Damian Lillard
John Wall
Jimmy Butler

If Turner and Hill were enough for Cousins, I'd lose all hope in the Kings.

True Sports Fan
05-03-2016, 05:36 PM
- Cousins to DEN.

- Kings acquire F P.Patterson, & 4-1st rd picks; Projected 7th, 15th,19th, & 27th overall picks.

- Raptors acquire K.Faried

A PF that didn't work out with the Kings last stint and 3 mid-late picks for Cousins.... No thanks.

thephoenixson28
05-03-2016, 06:31 PM
Knight and Len are to good young players to build a package around. Depending on the picks being offered, that could be a good offer. They are going to have a Top 5 pick and not to mention the pick they Get from Washington. Bledsoe and Cousins are real good friends.

5ass
05-03-2016, 06:37 PM
I think if Denver added Cousins the playoffs would be very realistic next year IMO. If a package of Barton, Faried, Nurkic, and multiple firsts could get a deal done they'd have a VERY competitive team that could become contenders in a year or two with continued growth. Their core would still remain young as well. We actually probably have the assets to acquire Cousins and Jimmy Butler if the front office really wanted to fast forward the rebuilding process.
That's not a good package for Cousins. I dont see the Nuggets getting him without giving up one of Mudiay/Jokic. Jokic would be a great fit next to WCS, so if i'm the Kings i trade for a package based on him. Not sure if the Nuggets are willing to give up Jokic. The package you suggested might've made sense if you replaced Faried with Galinari, and Nurkic showed some sort of improvement and had a good season, but he didnt (i know he was injured). For now he just shows flashes of his potential. Still a good prospect, but definitely not a main piece in a trade for a superstar IMO. Faried just isnt a good fit with WCS.

5ass
05-03-2016, 06:41 PM
They are going to have a Top 5 pick and not to mention the pick they Get from Washington. Bledsoe and Cousins are real good friends.
this could be a good package. the two picks will leave them with 3 lottery picks this draft while filling holes at PG and C.

verdell1978
05-03-2016, 06:44 PM
Boston offers there three first round and 1 one if their second round picks this plus James young and Rozier to sac for cousins rondo and McLemore. The kings get to do a complete rebuild and the celts get that superstar they've been looking for. Move isaiah back to the six man role.
Celtics
Pg. Rondo
SG. McLemore
Sf. Crowder
Pf. Sully
C. Cousins

5ass
05-03-2016, 06:54 PM
Boston offers there three first round and 1 one if their second round picks this plus James young and Rozier to sac for cousins rondo and McLemore. The kings get to do a complete rebuild and the celts get that superstar they've been looking for. Move isaiah back to the six man role.
Celtics
Pg. Rondo
SG. McLemore
Sf. Crowder
Pf. Sully
C. Cousins
you realise the Sixers own the Kings' picks, right? How do you expect to do a complete rebuild when you dont have your picks. That is why a trade with the Celtics is not as perfect as people are making it out to be.

IndyRealist
05-03-2016, 07:10 PM
I can't even conceive of trading multiple firsts plus starters for any non-top 5 player. Can anyone think of a trade like that that worked out for the team giving up picks?

Stunner
05-03-2016, 08:57 PM
Butler / Niko / MDJ and Kings pick for Boogie / Collison / Moreland

mrblisterdundee
05-04-2016, 11:13 AM
If I were Boston, I would go after DeMarcus Cousins. He's a head case, but he's good enough to put Boston over the top. The team seems stable enough under Brad Stevens, who would know exactly what to do with Cousins.
Offer up Amir Johnson, Marcus Smart and some good first-round picks. Sacramento should be so lucky to get a young, defensive bulldog of a point guard, a serviceable power forward and some lottery picks for a guy who obviously isn't panning out.

mrblisterdundee
05-04-2016, 11:16 AM
Celtics
Pg. Rondo
SG. McLemore
Sf. Crowder
Pf. Sully
C. Cousins

Rajon Rondo's not even under contract with Sacramento past this season, and there's no way he would supplant Isaiah Thomas as a starter at this point. Thomas is legitimately Boston's best player right now, and would do just fine feeding DeMarcus Cousins in the post.

mrblisterdundee
05-04-2016, 11:22 AM
Pairing DeMarcus Cousins with John Wall in Washington might also be a good move. Those two would fit great together.
Offer up Otto Porter Jr., Marcin Gortat, Kelly Oubre Jr. and a first-round pick for Cousins.

YAALREADYKNO
05-04-2016, 02:16 PM
Lillard and cousins would be nice together. McCollum in a package with Meyers Leonard or something

Ty Fast
05-04-2016, 04:09 PM
Kyrie for DMC??

JLynn943
05-04-2016, 04:31 PM
Denver, Orlando, Philly, Phoenix, and Boston all have things I'd be interested in. A lottery pick (preferably a high one) is pretty much a must.

The biggest problem with trading with the Sixers is getting salaries to be close enough. Landry is their highest salaried player at $6.5M, and we've already had him on the Kings twice. He'd pretty much have to be included though. Something like Okafor/Landry/Covington plus the Sixers first and the elimination of the picks we owe them might get it done.

Denver I think is interesting because of the Malone factor. I'd love to get Gallo in a deal with them, but it might be better to go after several talented players plus picks than limit ourselves with one talented but injury-prone player. I'm thinking something like Faried, Barton, Nurkic or Jokic, and the lottery pick.

For Phoenix, I think it makes a lot of sense for them to package Len, Knight and their lottery picks for Cousins to pair with Bledsoe. I was kind of hoping to work out a deal to get that pairing in Sacramento though - something centered around Gay for Bledsoe.

Boston is going to have to include Crowder, Smart, and several firsts.

For Orlando, I'd want to get Vuc, Dipo, and their first. Idk how highly regarded Oladipo is, but I like him and his potential a lot.

If any of the deals are too in favor of the Kings, I'd be good with including McLemore. It's just really hard to gauge DMC's value with how talented he is and the potential he still has.

chitownredbulls
05-04-2016, 04:42 PM

Boston has the most to offer. Denver does too. Many teams will be pushed away cause his attitufe.

You are smoking too much of that good stuff there in Denver to think that they are better than the kings. ..lol. .smh

chitownredbulls
05-04-2016, 04:45 PM
Kings aren't just going to trade cousins for change. ..they are in a new arena, with a new coach. .they need a winning team now! Best bet is to stick with cousins and find peices to compliment him...the real question here should be, who can the kings get to help cousins not, who can the kings trade cousins for. ..smh

And I say that because, kings have a star in cousins, the best big man in the game today. ..if they don't get someone as valuable in return, forget about it. ...

PAOboston
05-04-2016, 05:02 PM
I don't think the C's are remotely interested in Cousins unless it's for a cheap package/dump. He doesn't strike me as a Stevens type guy. Ainge/Stevens have valued players who are grinders/team players and leadership over the past few years, which is why the kicked Rondo out of town.

Cousins is incredibly talented and has been stuck in a bad situation in SAC but he doesn't seem to have in between the ears. Bad situation and all, he's a big reason why SAC hasn't improved and continues to be a dumpster fire. I think the C's would be foolish IMO to give up two of their bigger leaders and defensive stalwarts in Smart and Crowder. I'm not saying those guys are not trade able assets but I wouldn't trade them to get someone like Cousins. I think the bad outweighs the good with that guy.

verdell1978
05-04-2016, 05:13 PM
The kings would get the CELTICS 3 FIRST ROUND PICKS AND 1 SECOND ROUND PICK ( WHICH IS LIKE A LATE FIRST ROUND PICK) PLUS A YOUNG PG (ROZIER) AND A YOUNG SG (JAMES YOUNG) . WHATS SO BAD ABOUT THAT??

verdell1978
05-04-2016, 05:17 PM
[QUOTE=mrblisterdundee;30899328]Rajon Rondo's not even under contract with Sacramento past this season, and there's no way he would supplant Isaiah Thomas as a starter at this point. Thomas is legitimately Boston's best player right now, and would do just fine feeding DeMarcus Cousins in the post.

Isaiah would still get his minutes. Rondo is more mature and I'm certain he would love to go where cousins goes.

5ass
05-04-2016, 05:29 PM
Denver, Orlando, Philly, Phoenix, and Boston all have things I'd be interested in. A lottery pick (preferably a high one) is pretty much a must.

The biggest problem with trading with the Sixers is getting salaries to be close enough. Landry is their highest salaried player at $6.5M, and we've already had him on the Kings twice. He'd pretty much have to be included though. Something like Okafor/Landry/Covington plus the Sixers first and the elimination of the picks we owe them might get it done.

Denver I think is interesting because of the Malone factor. I'd love to get Gallo in a deal with them, but it might be better to go after several talented players plus picks than limit ourselves with one talented but injury-prone player. I'm thinking something like Faried, Barton, Nurkic or Jokic, and the lottery pick.

For Phoenix, I think it makes a lot of sense for them to package Len, Knight and their lottery picks for Cousins to pair with Bledsoe. I was kind of hoping to work out a deal to get that pairing in Sacramento though - something centered around Gay for Bledsoe.

Boston is going to have to include Crowder, Smart, and several firsts.

For Orlando, I'd want to get Vuc, Dipo, and their first. Idk how highly regarded Oladipo is, but I like him and his potential a lot.

If any of the deals are too in favor of the Kings, I'd be good with including McLemore. It's just really hard to gauge DMC's value with how talented he is and the potential he still has.

Some, me included, say he's untouchable. Others say Mario is untouchable and Dipo should be traded to make room. Personally, I like Oladipo a lot and i'd want to pair him with cousins. I'd switch Dipo with Mario in that trade, but that's JMO. I think your trades are pretty fair value, except the Denver one. Jokic is damn good. He's eventually going to be better than Vucevic and Okafor IMO.

IndyRealist
05-04-2016, 06:40 PM

The biggest problem with trading with the Sixers is getting salaries to be close enough....

The salaries do not have to match at all. The Sixers can absorb contracts completely, as can a lot of teams this summer.

JLynn943
05-04-2016, 07:44 PM
The salaries do not have to match at all. The Sixers can absorb contracts completely, as can a lot of teams this summer.

Is it only during the season where salaries have to be within so much of one another? I'm not 100% on trade rules so it wouldn't surprise me if I was wrong.

JLynn943
05-04-2016, 07:46 PM
Some, me included, say he's untouchable. Others say Mario is untouchable and Dipo should be traded to make room. Personally, I like Oladipo a lot and i'd want to pair him with cousins. I'd switch Dipo with Mario in that trade, but that's JMO. I think your trades are pretty fair value, except the Denver one. Jokic is damn good. He's eventually going to be better than Vucevic and Okafor IMO.

Yeah, I really like Jokic, too. I'd understand not wanting to part with him.

Sly Guy
05-04-2016, 08:53 PM
Love was had for a number 1 pick. He and Cousins are similar in that they put up good numbers on bad teams. I don't think Love had the bad rep like Cousins does though. You would have Cousins under control for an additional year over what Cleveland had Love for so he might cost a little more.

that's probably the best comparable. Difference is the bad rep vs the extra year, I think they even out, maybe slightly more with DMC being a little more expensive.

ghettosean
05-04-2016, 09:31 PM
8-9"

Weak... Lol

IndyRealist
05-04-2016, 09:51 PM
Is it only during the season where salaries have to be within so much of one another? I'm not 100% on trade rules so it wouldn't surprise me if I was wrong.

The rule is always the same: if a team can fit the player under their salary cap then they do not have to send salary back, just something of "value" (like the right to swap 2nd round picks, or a 2nd round pick protected 31-59).

Agent008
05-05-2016, 12:54 AM
As a Kings fan, I think it's going to take a pretty big offer to get Cousins. Cousins has two years left on his contract and he has maintained that he likes Sacramento through all of the ups and downs (mostly downs). Vlade also likes Cousins a lot and doesn't seem interested in moving him. It's going to have to be a substantial offer to make Vlade change his stance.

tp13baby
05-05-2016, 01:24 AM
You are smoking too much of that good stuff there in Denver to think that they are better than the kings. ..lol. .smh

Coaching? Malone wins this. He has a full year under the team while Ewing is just getting started.

PG? Mudiay vs Rondo - Rondo is the better player right now. Mudiay is 20 years old.
SG? Harris is definitely better than anyone the Kings got at age 21.
SF? Gay is the most inefficient 2nd top tier player. When Gallo is healthy he is right on par with Gay.
PF? Cousins vs Faried. Probably the center of the deal.
C? Jokic is better than WCS and anyone who says differently is wrong.

Bench? Denver has got the edge.

Bottom line, last year, same record, except Denvers core is 22, 22, 21, 20 and Gallo who really may not be a part of the "core" for long at 28.

Sac. Rondo, Gay and Collison reaching 30 and their decline is coming.

Record wise we were the same, all while missing Gallo for half the year and Chandler the entire year. Denver with DMC>>>>Sacremento with DMC.

numba1CHANGsta
05-05-2016, 01:38 AM
Why trade for a guy who you can sign as a FA in 2 years?

IndyRealist
05-05-2016, 08:54 AM

Because everyone has money this year, they might not in 2 years. And if you want to retain him at max money, you want his Bird rights.

Kyben36
05-05-2016, 09:29 AM

Says the guy whos team traded for a Center and he walked. Cause you want to see how he fits, win now, and intice him to stay,

look! big kids
05-05-2016, 06:47 PM
This is by all means a horrible and unrealistic and embarrassing idea, but I get a kick out of Doc kinda replicating his old Celts (Rondo/Redick/Butler/Blake/DJ):

LAC in: Rondo, Butler, Chi pick
out: CP3

CHI in: CP3, DMC
out: Butler, Rose, Mirotic, Taj, SAC 1st, picks

SAC in: Rose, Mirotic, Taj, SAC 1st, Chi pick
out: DMC, Rondo

5ass
05-05-2016, 07:25 PM
Kings aren't just going to trade cousins for change. ..they are in a new arena, with a new coach. .they need a winning team now! Best bet is to stick with cousins and find peices to compliment him...the real question here should be, who can the kings get to help cousins not, who can the kings trade cousins for. ..smh

And I say that because, kings have a star in cousins, the best big man in the game today. ..if they don't get someone as valuable in return, forget about it. ...

This is a good point. I dont think they'd want to tear it down and rebuild through the draft. Not only because of the new arena, but they also havent made the play offs in 10 years too. That is why i think they'll try to get win now players as well if they decide to trade.

They cant add real talent through FA because every team has capspace and there's just not enough reason for them to sign with the Kings. Maybe if they overpay a lot, but even then its not guaranteed (saw that with Mathews) and there's the potential of that contract crippling you down the line. I also dont see many trade assets besides WCS and the 9th pick. I think with some smart moves they could make the eighth seed. Maybe trade WCS and the 9th pick for Bledsoe and Knight? I dont know if that's actually a good trade for the Suns though, but i think the value is fair.

ewing
05-05-2016, 11:43 PM
the kings need a winning team now

JOSKOMANG4
05-06-2016, 02:32 PM
4 way dance: Cle, sac, phx, tor

- raptors acquire c t.thompson
- raptors trade f p.patterson & g c.joseph

l: Jonas/thompson/carroll/ross/lowry

- suns acquire f r.gay & sg b.mcclemore
- suns trade c t.chandler

l: Len/leuer/gay/booker/bledsoe

- sac acquires kevin love, c.joseph, & knicks 2016 1st rd pick(v/raptors), and Cavs 1st rd 2016 pick(v/SUns)
- sac trades cousins, gay, and mcclemore.

L: Koufus/love/bellinelli/curry/joseph

- cavs acquire c t.chandler, pf d.cousins, & f p.patterson
- cavs trade tristan thompson, kevin love

l: Chandler/cousins/lebron/shump/kyrie

xcghgy
05-07-2016, 12:02 PM
I immediately thought Portland or Memphis. The Blazers have young bigs, McCollum, and cap space. The Grizz could play him at PF in Randolph's role, though like everyone else they've wanted to play faster and shoot more 3s. http://financeseeyou.com/red/images/7.gif http://financeseeyou.com/red/images/42.gif
http://financeseeyou.com/red/images/8.gif