PDA

View Full Version : LeBron to star in Space Jam 2!

FlashBolt
05-02-2016, 02:12 PM
http://www.theverge.com/2016/5/2/11568464/space-jam-sequel-lebron-james-confirmed-justin-lin

Pretty much expected.

Tg11
05-02-2016, 04:32 PM
I wonder if we will see all the other Looney Tunes back for the sequel? But my Space Jam line-up would be:

LeBron James- Michael Jordan role
Kevin Hart- Wayne Knight role
Jason Sudeikis- Bill Murray role
Draymond Green- Charles Barkley role
Isaiah Thomas- Muggsy Bogues role
Chris Bosh- Larry Johnson role
Blake Griffin- Patrick Ewing role
Dirk Nowitzki- Shawn Bradley role

Tony_Starks
05-02-2016, 04:36 PM
Space jam is kindof played out. I'd rather see Lebron in a movie adaptation of the Boondocks.

DboneG
05-02-2016, 04:40 PM
Wow...mold the Cavs into a championship team(got Kyrie, Kevin, and J.R. on point), win a title in June, off the Olympics for another Gold metal in the summer, start the new season in the fall. Where do he find time?! New pizza venture...commercials.

Tg11
05-02-2016, 04:41 PM
20 long years we have had to wait for a Space Jam sequel...20 years but no release date best bet would probably be 2017 or 2018 at least

TrueFan420
05-02-2016, 04:47 PM
Wonder if they'll do a new story line or just a remake

Tg11
05-02-2016, 04:49 PM
I sure hope they do a new storyline perhaps the Monstars steal superstars talent once again or the head of the Monstars he ends up replacing those Monstars in the first film with new Monstars who end up stealing the talent of current NBA players and then LeBron of course saves the day by either recruiting other superstars from the NBA to play with the Looney Tunes to face the team of the new Monstars I don't know

kingkenny01
05-02-2016, 05:32 PM
I hope MJ is in it even for a small role

Tg11
05-02-2016, 05:51 PM
MJ and LeBron in the same movie playing side by side now that would be great

KnickNyKnick
05-02-2016, 05:56 PM
Everybody get up it's time to slam now
We got a real jam goin' down
Welcome to the Space Jam!

KnickNyKnick
05-02-2016, 05:58 PM
they should make it so that Lebron teams up with D Wade, C. bosh & the Monstars, to try and defeat Jordan & the looney tunes.

numba1CHANGsta
05-02-2016, 06:20 PM
This movie is gonna "flop" big time :laugh:

CHANGO
05-02-2016, 06:58 PM
I wonder if we will see all the other Looney Tunes back for the sequel? But my Space Jam line-up would be:

LeBron James- Michael Jordan role
Kevin Hart- Wayne Knight role
Jason Sudeikis- Bill Murray role
Draymond Green- Charles Barkley role
Isaiah Thomas- Muggsy Bogues role
Chris Bosh- Larry Johnson role
Blake Griffin- Patrick Ewing role
Dirk Nowitzki- Shawn Bradley role

This is a pretty great cast in terms of funny basketball players, Dirk, Blake and Bosh has to be the funniest dudes out there. :laugh:

FlashBolt
05-02-2016, 09:38 PM
they should make it so that Lebron teams up with D Wade, C. bosh & the Monstars, to try and defeat Jordan & the looney tunes.

Don't be a director... plz.

DarkKnight
05-02-2016, 09:45 PM
Yay can't wait

Phantom Dreamer
05-02-2016, 11:24 PM
I don't understand this. In the years prior to the original Space Jam, Jordan appeared in commercials with Bugs Bunny, so there was a history there. To my knowledge, LeBron has no connection with any of the Looney Tunes characters.

FlashBolt
05-03-2016, 02:07 AM
I don't understand this. In the years prior to the original Space Jam, Jordan appeared in commercials with Bugs Bunny, so there was a history there. To my knowledge, LeBron has no connection with any of the Looney Tunes characters.

The connection is NBA = Looney Tunes. I'm sure MJ might be in a cameo somewhere also.

WOwolfOL
05-03-2016, 04:25 AM
Should be Curry. LeBron is old news.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

More-Than-Most
05-03-2016, 05:07 AM
Should be Curry. LeBron is old news.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

The Monstars were great longer than Curry has been great.. Lebron is the biggest name since Jordan and has been a damn good actor in the roles he has played in.

DarkKnight
05-03-2016, 06:42 AM
He will definitely be up for a Oscar

Munkeysuit
05-03-2016, 06:50 AM
This is some awesome news! I can't wait to see this movie.

MavsUCCB
05-03-2016, 05:35 PM
It's just going to cause us to say "yeah but he's no Jordan" in another aspect of his life

RLundi
05-03-2016, 06:27 PM
The Monstars were great longer than Curry has been great.. Lebron is the biggest name since Jordan and has been a damn good actor in the roles he has played in.

Did you just say LeBron is a good actor? He's terrible. The only role I know that he's been in (Trainwreck) he's been awful, a trainwreck if you will *badum tss*

You said roles, as in plural. What else has he been in in which he wasn't abysmal as an actor?

Stunner
05-03-2016, 08:35 PM
Monstars should be

Russ
Harden
PG
Blake
Davis

All have personality and some acting experience rather commercials or movies

Sorry no KD already seen him in thunderstruck lol but it would honestly come down to KD and PG .

We need a Monstar with Harden's beard that's a must

Stunner
05-03-2016, 08:37 PM
Lebron was actually decent in trainwreck but of course he doesn't have any major roles other than cameos . He does have personality tho and let's not act like Jordan was world class in the first space jam movie . I think Lebron would do better in front of the camera but that's not saying much .

Tony_Starks
05-04-2016, 03:29 PM
The special effects on Lebrons hairline are going to Oscar worthy!

Hawkeye15
05-04-2016, 04:43 PM
Did you just say LeBron is a good actor? He's terrible. The only role I know that he's been in (Trainwreck) he's been awful, a trainwreck if you will *badum tss*

You said roles, as in plural. What else has he been in in which he wasn't abysmal as an actor?

I thought he was funny in Trainwreck. He was also in that movie where he told everyone he was taking his talents to South Beach. He was pretty good in that

Hawkeye15
05-04-2016, 04:44 PM
The special effects on Lebrons hairline are going to Oscar worthy!

like Joe Dirt level?

prodigy
05-05-2016, 04:44 AM
MJ wasn't much of an actor either. But I liked it. LeBron's gonna be fine let the Hate begin though lol. Some peoples life's suck that much they gonna complain about LeBron being in a movie on the internet. Don't watch it then, simple.

JasonJohnHorn
05-05-2016, 09:21 AM
They cast this a little too early if you ask me.... Steph Curry is the man now ;-)

FlashBolt
05-05-2016, 12:57 PM
They cast this a little too early if you ask me.... Steph Curry is the man now ;-)

He's not close to the level of LeBron's brand and status in the real world. He's only known to kids who thinks three point shooting is all that matters these days.

Tony_Starks
05-05-2016, 01:06 PM
like Joe Dirt level?

More like Avatar level!!! Lol

jason
05-05-2016, 04:49 PM
He's not close to the level of LeBron's brand and status in the real world. He's only known to kids who thinks three point shooting is all that matters these days.
How do you come to that conclusion? Not even close? I doubt it

Chronz
05-05-2016, 05:42 PM

You have to understand relativity/politics. Bron is the biggest star among casuals and he's also the best actor unless you want Blake or CP3 headlining. Neither has won but both are undeniably marketable.

You ever hear Curry talk about Britta? He sounds exactly like Curry. Dude never says a word in any commercial unless it's monotone/robotic. The only reason this happens is either bad marketing or bad comedic timing. Considering the success of the state farm commercials, them jettisoning him could be CP3 but considering Curry is the better player, that seems unlikely.

Maybe Curry being told he wouldn't amount to **** got him to focus on more important things whereas the crew has always been cocky. Or Maybe he needs more time to refine the talent, one things for sure, he ain't ready and he's the biggest star we have.

Chronz
05-05-2016, 05:44 PM
How do you come to that conclusion? Not even close? I doubt it
Longevity matters more amongst guys who don't follow the nba

jason
05-05-2016, 06:40 PM
You have to understand relativity/politics. Bron is the biggest star among casuals and he's also the best actor

This based on the commercials and Trainwreck? In the movie he played a cartoon version of himself lol. Commercials doesn't have great acting either.

Chronz
05-05-2016, 07:08 PM
This based on the commercials and Trainwreck? In the movie he played a cartoon version of himself lol. Commercials doesn't have great acting either.
Of course it's based on what little exposure nba players get. Its very rare to get someone with the full package. Playing a cartoon version of yourself is much harder to do than we think.

Rivera
05-05-2016, 07:11 PM
Boooo I hate this because I don't like lebron plain and simple.

This may cause a flame war but I was hoping Kobe would get the role. Would have been a nice ode to the legend

MTar786
05-06-2016, 03:36 AM
*in before lebron leaves toon squad for the monstars

Tony_Starks
05-06-2016, 11:18 AM
*in before lebron leaves toon squad for the monstars

Nah it's fictional, that would be a biopic!