PDA

View Full Version : Ewing to Kings?

ewing
05-01-2016, 07:32 AM
What do you think? I have no idea how good a coach he is but he been on some good benches and certainly is a guy that is not going to take DMC's ****. If Pat was anything is was focused and fullbore. I hope he gets this job. DMC seems like a reclamation that might be up his ally.

DboneG
05-01-2016, 08:10 AM
This sounds like a Adam Silver made interview. With the Kings were running after Luke Walton and being rejected, it caused a backlash among the other coaches out there submitting resumes and not even getting a return call or response. The Kings are not interested in Patrick Ewing. It's a shame that the Knicks Phil Jackson didn't interview him.

ewing
05-01-2016, 08:20 AM
This sounds like a Adam Silver made interview. With the Kings were running after Luke Walton and being rejected, it caused a backlash among the other coaches out there submitting resumes and not even getting a return call or response. The Kings are not interested in Patrick Ewing. It's a shame that the Knicks Phil Jackson didn't interview him.

It can't go to the knicks. He is an unproven coach that happens to be the greatest player in the history of the franchise. What if he sucks? What if he doesn't get along with the front office? Then you have a circus in the papers and are forced to consider firing the greatest player in the history of your franchise. To much potential for disaster in NY for Pat. The Kings need someone that can bring discipline and will be respected Pat might be that guy.

DboneG
05-01-2016, 08:30 AM
Phil Jackson could at lease give the guy an interview.

ewing
05-01-2016, 10:51 AM
Phil Jackson could at lease give the guy an interview.

he could but he couldn't hire him. Not really worth it.

beasted86
05-01-2016, 11:17 AM
At this point, with how Cousins is being coddled and the organization's history, I don't even think Ewing could warrant his respect.

But if he's the best candidate for the job, I'd like to see him given a chance. He's paid his dues as an assistant unlike guys like Kidd, Kerr, and Fisher who were just handed head coaching jobs.

Scoots
05-01-2016, 11:18 AM
He might be the perfect solution for the Kings. I think the Kings are looking for a name, and Pat's got one of them.

Scoots
05-01-2016, 07:00 PM
Ewing needs to read this http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15439696/george-karl-says-never-felt-empowered-sacramento-kings-coach-discusses-demarcus-cousins-relationship

It seemed clear this was happening from the outside, turns out it's all we thought it was, and nothing has changed.

slaker619
05-01-2016, 07:18 PM
Bad move

lol, please
05-02-2016, 08:23 PM
What do you think? I have no idea how good a coach he is but he been on some good benches and certainly is a guy that is not going to take DMC's ****. If Pat was anything is was focused and fullbore. I hope he gets this job. DMC seems like a reclamation that might be up his ally.

Jumped in here to drop a

"/in before ewing"

then realized he was the TS. :sad2:

Anyway, I think this would be huge, and I would root for the Kings hard (when not playing the Dubs) if it happens because Ewing :love:

JasonJohnHorn
05-02-2016, 08:40 PM
I like Ewing. He was a hard worker, and didn't complain. Took ownership of his play. I never got the impression that he was an ideal coaching candidate (centers often aren't), but that doesn't mean he isn't. He's put in his dues on the side lines and has been an assist for a long time, which shows a degree of humility on his part given that he was an alpha dog in his playing days.

I'd say he deserves a shot from somebody. The Knicks should have brought him on as at least an assistant some time ago, and if they were going to give Thomas a shot, they might as well have given Ewing a shot by now.

I wish him the best of luck, whatever happens. I respect the fact that he has been working the sidelines for as long as he has.

Scoots
05-02-2016, 09:03 PM
I like Ewing. He was a hard worker, and didn't complain. Took ownership of his play. I never got the impression that he was an ideal coaching candidate (centers often aren't), but that doesn't mean he isn't. He's put in his dues on the side lines and has been an assist for a long time, which shows a degree of humility on his part given that he was an alpha dog in his playing days.

I'd say he deserves a shot from somebody. The Knicks should have brought him on as at least an assistant some time ago, and if they were going to give Thomas a shot, they might as well have given Ewing a shot by now.

I wish him the best of luck, whatever happens. I respect the fact that he has been working the sidelines for as long as he has.

I agree to everything except the "didn't complain" ... that dude seemed to complain ALMOST as much as he sweat.

I've been quite impressed with he path to where he is on the bench. He didn't try to short circuit it at all, he made it clear it was a goal and he worked at it ... hard. A lot harder than other stars are willing to work.

ewing
05-02-2016, 09:29 PM
jumped in here to drop a

"/in before ewing"

then realized he was the ts. :sad2:

Anyway, i think this would be huge, and i would root for the kings hard (when not playing the dubs) if it happens because ewing :love:

i agree

Phantom Dreamer
05-02-2016, 11:31 PM
He's never recovered from his "We make a lot of money, but we spend a lot, too." comment.