PDA

View Full Version : 2016 WC Round 2 Series Thread: TrailBlazers (5) vs Warriors (1) GSW leads 2-1

Pages : [1] 2 3

kdspurman
04-30-2016, 10:54 PM
http://nba-shop.uk/ekmps/shops/celtics/images/2015-nba-all-star-western-conference-217-c[ekm]150x145[ekm].jpg

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/239/thumbs/gygkbzcna443fp1lblbvdeyeu.gifvshttp://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/235/thumbs/5gzur7f6x09cv61jt16smhopl.gif

Game 1: Sunday, May 1 Blazers at Warriors , 3:30 p.m. on ABC
Game 2: Tuesday, May 3 Blazers at Warriors, 10:30 p.m. on TNT
Game 3: Saturday, May 7 Warriors at Blazers, 8:30 p.m. on ABC
Game 4: Monday, May 9 Warriors at Blazers, 10:30 p.m. on TNT
Game 5*: Wednesday, May 11 Blazers at Warriors, TBD on TNT
Game 6*: Friday, May 13 Warriors at Blazers, TBD on ESPN
Game 7*: Monday, May 16 Blazers at Warriors, 9 p.m. on TNT

* If Necessary

Projected Starting Lineups:

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/239/thumbs/yrmqz5ffh8umt9eca4fx1mput.gif

http://www.rotoworld.com/images/headshots/NBA/1957.jpghttp://www.rotoworld.com/images/headshots/NBA/2135.jpghttp://www.rotoworld.com/images/headshots/NBA/1719.jpghttp://www.rotoworld.com/images/headshots/NBA/1949.jpghttp://www.rotoworld.com/images/headshots/NBA/2132.jpg

Projected Starting Lineups:

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/235/thumbs/aidgi2y43h10lv7jvzo8w9zt8.gif

http://www.rotoworld.com/images/headshots/NBA/1044.jpghttp://www.rotoworld.com/images/headshots/NBA/1837.jpghttp://www.rotoworld.com/images/headshots/NBA/1827.jpghttp://www.rotoworld.com/images/headshots/NBA/1981.jpghttp://www.rotoworld.com/images/headshots/NBA/1119.jpg

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/239/thumbs/hi2g1ggnk4bfnhibh1pgbqqmr.gif http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/235/thumbs/1m3kuy7awnhemjphxq3gmwfzv.gif

TrueFan420
05-01-2016, 01:29 AM
Can't wait for the game

NYKnickFanatic
05-01-2016, 09:32 AM
"I respect Steph Curry," Lillard said Thursday. "Because what he's doing is amazing. But I'm my own man. So don't come to me and say I'm impersonating him. You telling me I'm impersonating somebody by doing well at my job is disrespectful."

I want to see Lillard go off this series.

Scoots
05-01-2016, 10:41 AM
This will be interesting. The Warriors should win without Curry, but the Blazers and Spurs are still around and they are 2 of the short list of teams that have actually beaten the Warriors.

Scoots
05-01-2016, 10:43 AM
"I respect Steph Curry," Lillard said Thursday. "Because what he's doing is amazing. But I'm my own man. So don't come to me and say I'm impersonating him. You telling me I'm impersonating somebody by doing well at my job is disrespectful."

I don't understand people saying something like Lillard is "taking his game" from someone else. But at the same time he's doing something similar to what other people have done in the past and to deny that history and his relationship to it is silly.

likemystylez
05-01-2016, 10:52 AM

he can play well thats fine, but warriors cant afford to lose this game. a 73 win team that loses in the second round is unheard of. warriors need to win this

Scoots
05-01-2016, 12:18 PM
he can play well thats fine, but warriors cant afford to lose this game. a 73 win team that loses in the second round is unheard of. warriors need to win this

You say the strangest things. EVERYTHING a 73 win team does is unheard of. It's never happened before.

TrueFan420
05-01-2016, 01:20 PM

I think he will have a couple of big games but I also think he's gonna have a few very low scoring games. He's gonna have a lot of very good defenders with length on him. Livingston, Klay and Iggy will give him fits for extended periods.

Kush McDaniels
05-01-2016, 01:36 PM
You say the strangest things. EVERYTHING a 73 win team does is unheard of. It's never happened before.

lol "a 73 win team that loses in the second round is unheard of"

no ****

valade16
05-01-2016, 01:42 PM

:laugh:

lol, please
05-01-2016, 01:45 PM
Look for the Warriors to make a statement.

I want a big game from King Klay Thompson.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?908734-2016-WC-Semis-Portland-Trailblazers-(-5-Seed)-vs-Golden-State-Warriors-(-1-Seed)&p=30891397&posted=1#post30891397

krazylegz
05-01-2016, 02:07 PM
this series will be a fun one to watch.....i thought the blazers could give the dubs fits with curry,so without him,this will be very interesting...it could go 6..but i have a sneaky suspicion klay just takes over...golden state in 5

likemystylez
05-01-2016, 03:30 PM

ok losing in the second round would be a disaster that's incogitable in sports or incomprehensible

lol, please
05-01-2016, 03:41 PM
Klay is wet!!!! :faint:

TrueFan420
05-01-2016, 03:57 PM
Klay came out hot.

lol, please
05-01-2016, 04:04 PM
Klay came out hot.

Trailblazers have no answer for King Klay.

I actually like the fact that we have been playing so well without Curry, because whenever I hear/read comments like "without Curry Warriors lose to X,Y,Z" I get upset because our team is deep with talent and our core has played together for years. Warriors won't be denied.

TrueFan420
05-01-2016, 04:11 PM
Offense going to hell when he leaves the court

DanG
05-01-2016, 04:22 PM
They obviously don't need Curry to win this series. He should play a game or two before facing the Spurs though. Game 5 maybe? That would mean 17 days off before returning to the court.

TrueFan420
05-01-2016, 04:24 PM
They obviously don't need Curry to win this series. He should play a game or two before facing the Spurs though. Game 5 maybe? That would mean 17 days off before returning to the court.
It depends how the series goes. If we win the first two curry won't play 3 and prob come back game 4. If we split the first two they might rush him back sooner.

TrueFan420
05-01-2016, 05:16 PM
In before were dirty

lol, please
05-01-2016, 05:17 PM
Stay classy Portland.

eDush
05-01-2016, 05:31 PM

ok losing in the second round would be a disaster that's incogitable in sports or incomprehensibleSince you're not coaching this team, it won't happen with or without Steph. As long as he's ready to go against the mighty Spurs....we we have the advantage:clap:.

likemystylez
05-01-2016, 06:42 PM
wondering if festus is hurt or just in the doghouse- havent seen him out there too much the last few games.

Scoots
05-01-2016, 07:09 PM
wondering if festus is hurt or just in the doghouse- havent seen him out there too much the last few games.

I think he's not 100%, but it's just a guess. Since he came back they are only playing him when they "have to". And Varejao is better at moving the ball.

Scoots
05-01-2016, 08:05 PM
Why did Lillard go back in in garbage time and score 18 points? Was it to try to win the game? No, I don't think so. It was to pump up his scoring average I suspect. That's an odd decision for a team looking to make the next round of the playoffs keeping your best player in the game in garbage time ... or are they already conceding the series and just want their numbers to look good? The Warriors still had a couple closers in the game for them in the 4th too which I find a little strange, but they at least are trying to keep Livingston and Iguodala's minutes down and don't have too many options that won't puke up 20 point leads.

It was just an odd end of a blowout from all perspectives.

I love Lillard, he's an Oakland boy and I hope for all the best for him, but it's an odd decision for him to go in when it's probably over.

eDush
05-01-2016, 08:11 PM
Great win today by the Dubs! Game ball goes to Klay :clap:

Saddletramp
05-01-2016, 09:00 PM
Trailblazers have no answer for King Klay.

I actually like the fact that we have been playing so well without Curry, because whenever I hear/read comments like "without Curry Warriors lose to X,Y,Z" I get upset because our team is deep with talent and our core has played together for years. Warriors won't be denied.

It's funny, I had this conversation with tredigs about how stacked the Warriors are and he was trying to say that without Curry, they'd be lucky to make the playoffs while I was of the opinion that they wouldn't be as good as they are with but they'd still be at least middle of the pack good in the playoff picture.

I think I know the consensus opinion.

Saddletramp
05-01-2016, 09:04 PM
Stay classy Portland.

In before were dirty

I admittedly didn't watch this whole game (and my time stamp is off by I think an hour) so I'm not exactly sure when these comments took place but did it have to do with Varajao tripping Henderson? That's straight up dirty right there. Just more of the same from this team.

Double techs again for talking? Geez, anyone thinking they don't ref these players the same is silly. Henderson gets tripped hard, takes offense, gets a tech for doing less than what Draymond Greem does on a nightly basis when he only disagrees with a call and then gets thrown out again for talking to the guy that tried to hurt him. Classic Warriors game.

Scoots
05-01-2016, 09:08 PM
I admittedly didn't watch this whole game (and my time stamp is off by I think an hour) so I'm not exactly sure when these comments took place but did it have to do with Varajao tripping Henderson? That's straight up dirty right there. Just more of the same from this team.

Yeah, Henderson tripped Varejao, then Andy returned the favor :)

lol, please
05-01-2016, 09:09 PM
It's funny, I had this conversation with tredigs about how stacked the Warriors are and he was trying to say that without Curry, they'd be lucky to make the playoffs while I was of the opinion that they wouldn't be as good as they are with but they'd still be at least middle of the pack good in the playoff picture.

I think I know the consensus opinion.

That's something I have disagreed with tredigs on for a while, but he might be changing his mind and coming over to this side of the argument at this point, Klay has been lights out in Curry's absence.

It's a small sample size, but we know what Klay can do when he's on fire, if he can play even close to that level on a consistent basis (all next year for example) I think this team can reach a completely different level.

Saddletramp
05-01-2016, 09:10 PM
Yeah, Henderson tripped Varejao, then Andy returned the favor :)

I added this as you were typing:

Double techs again for talking? Geez, anyone thinking they don't ref these players the same is silly. Henderson gets tripped hard, takes offense, gets a tech for doing less than what Draymond Greem does on a nightly basis when he only disagrees with a call and then gets thrown out again for talking to the guy that tried to hurt him. Classic Warriors game.

Saddletramp
05-01-2016, 09:12 PM
And did Henderson trip him before? On a different okay? Because he didn't trip in on that okay and I don't think that AV saw who was behind him when he whipped that leg.

That's just stupid.

Scoots
05-01-2016, 09:27 PM
And did Henderson trip him before? On a different okay? Because he didn't trip in on that okay and I don't think that AV saw who was behind him when he whipped that leg.

That's just stupid.

Henderson tripped Andy, then Andy tripped him back.

Scoots
05-01-2016, 09:30 PM
Classic Warriors game.

Classic Rockets fan. Just like your GM, blame other people for a vast conspiracy to make you look bad.

MygirlhatesCod
05-01-2016, 09:37 PM
it was good to see barnes have a better game. this is his moment to make money and these playoffs have cost him millions.

PayDaPiper
05-01-2016, 09:59 PM
sweeeeeep, that is all

Scoots
05-01-2016, 09:59 PM
it was good to see barnes have a better game. this is his moment to make money and these playoffs have cost him millions.

This whole year was the time to make money. Either a team will overlook this year and offer him a max or not ... but that comes after a title I hope.

TrueFan420
05-01-2016, 10:06 PM

Let's completely ignore the fact that Henderson ran directly into his back while he was facing the other direction. If green ran into a player like that youd never shut up about it. I'm fine with the double Tech but Henderson started that all the way.

Saddletramp
05-01-2016, 10:06 PM
Classic Rockets fan. Just like your GM, blame other people for a vast conspiracy to make you look bad.

Slow down there, turbo. Not sure what conspiracy you're talking about and not sure how the Warriors getting dirtier by the game makes anyone look bad but them and not sure what the Rockets have to do with anything. The thing is, the Warriors don't have to be dirty and subvert the rules, they just do.

Classic Warriors fan. Overlook your own dirty players and be pompous for no reason other than the team you' support finally figured out what they're doing after decades of mediocrity.

Saddletramp
05-01-2016, 10:13 PM
Let's completely ignore the fact that Henderson ran directly into his back while he was facing the other direction. If green ran into a player like that youd never shut up about it. I'm fine with the double Tech but Henderson started that all the way.

On to other things right now but I don't think Henderson ran into him enough to deserve having his legs being swept up like that. I'll watch again later but it looked like AV just felt contact, flopped like he always does then swept his feet over for no reason other than to trip Henderson. Scoots says Henderson tripped AV first but it must have been on another play because I didn't see GH trip him.

MygirlhatesCod
05-01-2016, 10:15 PM
This whole year was the time to make money. Either a team will overlook this year and offer him a max or not ... but that comes after a title I hope.

because of the cap going up i think he is gonna get cashed out but the playoffs is his chance to redeem himself especially with him being healthy and curry missing. its crazy to think that he would get durant money but its possible. i mean the dubs gave stupid money to guys like troy murphy, dampier and beidrins so anything for a bad club is not out of the question.

MygirlhatesCod
05-01-2016, 10:21 PM
Slow down there, turbo. Not sure what conspiracy you're talking about and not sure how the Warriors getting dirtier by the game makes anyone look bad but them and not sure what the Rockets have to do with anything. The thing is, the Warriors don't have to be dirty and subvert the rules, they just do.

Classic Warriors fan. Overlook your own dirty players and be pompous for no reason other than the team you' support finally figured out what they're doing after decades of mediocrity.

what a coincidence thats the same way i think about harden.

Saddletramp
05-01-2016, 10:25 PM
what a coincidence thats the same way i think about harden.

And a lot of people hate him for that. See the correlation?

TrueFan420
05-01-2016, 10:38 PM
On to other things right now but I don't think Henderson ran into him enough to deserve having his legs being swept up like that. I'll watch again later but it looked like AV just felt contact, flopped like he always does then swept his feet over for no reason other than to trip Henderson. Scoots says Henderson tripped AV first but it must have been on another play because I didn't see GH trip him.
As someone who use to be a head hunter you can always see it in their eyes, the intent. Henderson wasn't making any sort of basketball play. He came from the corner where he'd be the potential recipient of an open 3 from, I believe it was, Dames drive. To running directly at Andy V's back as he slides into the paint to pressure the attacker. Andy shouldn't have reacted as he did but it's tough to blame him when someone runs square into your back.

Scoots
05-01-2016, 10:51 PM

The Rockets GM accused the other teams in the NBA of a conspiracy to make his team look bad to free agents.

I said Andy tripped him, I'm just not blind to his doing that in response to a trip.

Any attitude you sense coming back from me in this thread definitely started with you.

Scoots
05-01-2016, 10:53 PM
because of the cap going up i think he is gonna get cashed out but the playoffs is his chance to redeem himself especially with him being healthy and curry missing. its crazy to think that he would get durant money but its possible. i mean the dubs gave stupid money to guys like troy murphy, dampier and beidrins so anything for a bad club is not out of the question.

He can't quite get Durant money, he's at a lower max level. But he could get CRAZY money. If he's offered it and signs the Warriors probably won't match because Green took less to keep the team together and that would be a slap in the face.

Saddletramp
05-01-2016, 11:21 PM
The Rockets GM accused the other teams in the NBA of a conspiracy to make his team look bad to free agents.

Whether he's right or wrong, what he said won't make things better and he should zip it.

I said Andy tripped him, I'm just not blind to his doing that in response to a trip.

Still haven't seen the trip Henderson committed and this'll be the third time I've asked where it is.

Any attitude you sense coming back from me in this thread definitely started with you.

I was complaining about the Warriors players doing something else dirty. You're the guy who said:

Sounds pretty attitude-y.

MygirlhatesCod
05-01-2016, 11:36 PM
And a lot of people hate him for that. See the correlation?

so people hate the warriors or mostly you hate the warriors?

Scoots
05-01-2016, 11:40 PM
Sounds pretty attitude-y.

Yep, back at ya buddy :)

Scoots
05-01-2016, 11:41 PM
so people hate the warriors or mostly you hate the warriors?

I don't think he actually hates the Warriors, I think he's just lightly trolling Warriors fans because they are the easy target at the moment.

MygirlhatesCod
05-01-2016, 11:45 PM
He can't quite get Durant money, he's at a lower max level. But he could get CRAZY money. If he's offered it and signs the Warriors probably won't match because Green took less to keep the team together and that would be a slap in the face.

its weird that i see no major difference when rush is playing. barnes is very replaceable and festus is on the same level. ive had very high hopes for festus but he cant stay healthy.

Saddletramp
05-02-2016, 12:02 AM
I don't think he actually hates the Warriors, I think he's just lightly trolling Warriors fans because they are the easy target at the moment.

I don't hate the Warriors and I definitely respect what they've done/what they're doing. Now some of their fans (or in some cases, fair weather band wagoners)?.......... They're fun to watch (the team, not those fans) but some of their shtick just rubs me the wrong way. I know how it goes as the Rockets are right there, too.

But look at what others have said/brought up in some of the other threads about Bogut and Green, it's not just me. Then you had Livingston (who I've never known to be dirty) do what he did to Howard and then what AV did tonight. Wasn't nut punching or anything but it was definitely some dirty stuff. They're a loaded team in a great system but they still feel the need to do some sort of BS alot. Not sure I understand why.

Saddletramp
05-02-2016, 12:04 AM
Yep, back at ya buddy :)

Thanks, friendo. 😀

its weird that i see no major difference when rush is playing. barnes is very replaceable and festus is on the same level. ive had very high hopes for festus but he cant stay healthy.

I really hope both get big contract offers and I hope both get matched. :)

Scoots
05-02-2016, 12:23 AM

Rush is nowhere near Barnes in some areas but Barnes offense has REALLY struggled this year for sure. Fes' inability to stay healthy has already cost him a bunch this year.

Scoots
05-02-2016, 12:28 AM
I don't hate the Warriors and I definitely respect what they've done/what they're doing. Now some of their fans (or in some cases, fair weather band wagoners)?.......... They're fun to watch (the team, not those fans) but some of their shtick just rubs me the wrong way. I know how it goes as the Rockets are right there, too.

But look at what others have said/brought up in some of the other threads about Bogut and Green, it's not just me. Then you had Livingston (who I've never known to be dirty) do what he did to Howard and then what AV did tonight. Wasn't nut punching or anything but it was definitely some dirty stuff. They're a loaded team in a great system but they still feel the need to do some sort of BS alot. Not sure I understand why.

Fair enough. I don't think the level of vitriol toward Green and Bogut is quite even compared to what other players also do, but I've never denied that they are physical and take advantage where the refs allow.

In the last Rockets game Howard wasn't even playing basketball, he was just hammering guys left and right and nobody complained ... so it's not like the Warriors fans are all soft.

As for the Warriors not "needing" to resort to "cheap" tactics ... it works, and as long as the refs don't stop everybody using them then they are essentially not against the rules. There is a rule that you can't get FTs with a rip through or a move where the offensive player creates the contact yet Harden makes a living that way despite being good enough to score a ton without those tactics, and far from criticize him for them, I acknowledge that he has mastered taking advantage of that part of the rulebook. Why can't you do the same for the Warriors?

Saddletramp
05-02-2016, 12:33 AM
Fair enough. I don't think the level of vitriol toward Green and Bogut is quite even compared to what other players also do, but I've never denied that they are physical and take advantage where the refs allow.

In the last Rockets game Howard wasn't even playing basketball, he was just hammering guys left and right and nobody complained ... so it's not like the Warriors fans are all soft.

As for the Warriors not "needing" to resort to "cheap" tactics ... it works, and as long as the refs don't stop everybody using them then they are essentially not against the rules. There is a rule that you can't get FTs with a rip through or a move where the offensive player creates the contact yet Harden makes a living that way despite being good enough to score a ton without those tactics, and far from criticize him for them, I acknowledge that he has mastered taking advantage of that part of the rulebook. Why can't you do the same for the Warriors?

Harden shouldn't get those calls on the rip. Most of the time Harden drives to the hoop and there's a foul, it's a legit foul but people make it seem like he always just flops his way through. It gets annoying. Most of the time that Bogut or Green do some nasty stuff, it doesn't get called. Just too lopsided.

But whatevs. Holy crap, Derozan just got away with a shove like his name was Draymond. ;)

Scoots
05-02-2016, 12:51 AM
Harden shouldn't get those calls on the rip. Most of the time Harden drives to the hoop and there's a foul, it's a legit foul but people make it seem like he always just flops his way through. It gets annoying. Most of the time that Bogut or Green do some nasty stuff, it doesn't get called. Just too lopsided.

But whatevs. Holy crap, Derozan just got away with a shove like his name was Draymond. ;)

When Harden puts his hands out straight in front and drives and then brings his arms up into defenders hands that is a rip through and by rule should not be FTs. The officials don't call it that way and he takes advantage of it. He does sometimes get fouled sure, but not close to as much as he shoots FTs and more power to him for it.

Saddletramp
05-02-2016, 01:00 AM
When Harden puts his hands out straight in front and drives and then brings his arms up into defenders hands that is a rip through and by rule should not be FTs. The officials don't call it that way and he takes advantage of it. He does sometimes get fouled sure, but not close to as much as he shoots FTs and more power to him for it.

And that's why the Warriors play him so well. They don't poke at the ball. But most of those calls are guts swiping and poking. The rip through on threes shouldn't be called as shooting fouls.

MygirlhatesCod
05-02-2016, 01:12 AM

its because he holds onto the ball instead of trying to score. defenders are anticipating him actually trying to make a shot. thats why he gets contact. his intentions are mainly for that. thats very dirty it cheapens the game and makes his efficiency undeservedly inflate. but whatever, its not on him if he gets away with it. same thing with moving screens or whatever else the dubs players do that makes you go to the right. your beef should be only with the refs. alot of other players do this but it just so happens you watch the dubs play because they are an exciting team to watch. have you ever seen noah set a screen? all players push the limits. examples:

Lebron- gets to travel all over the court
CP3- push off beast
wade- carry's the ball very well
mirotic and crawford- best at intiating contact on defenders behind the arc

just a few. pretty sure i could come up with more given more time. (sounds like a good thread to start)

TrueFan420
05-02-2016, 01:24 AM
Now some of their fans (or in some cases, fair weather band wagoners)?.

I just want to focus on this for one sec. With winning usually come fair weather bandwagon fans. But as an outsider I don't see how that should bug you. At least not in the way that it bugs the true fans of the side. You have no clue how nice it is seeing my dubs succeed after they have struggled my entire life. And how much it pisses me off seeing fans leave the game early to beat traffic. You stay till the last whistle blows. You cheer for your team whether they walk off the court triumphantly or in defeat. I just don't see how or why that should even be an issue for anyone on the outside looking in other than just an annoyance.

TrueFan420
05-02-2016, 01:28 AM
Rush is nowhere near Barnes in some areas but Barnes offense has REALLY struggled this year for sure. Fes' inability to stay healthy has already cost him a bunch this year.
True but he doesn't need to be. He just needs to play very good defense and hit 3's. Fes has other issues besides health. He doesn't have enough wrinkles to his game.

Saddletramp
05-02-2016, 02:27 AM
I just want to focus on this for one sec. With winning usually come fair weather bandwagon fans. But as an outsider I don't see how that should bug you. At least not in the way that it bugs the true fans of the side. You have no clue how nice it is seeing my dubs succeed after they have struggled my entire life. And how much it pisses me off seeing fans leave the game early to beat traffic. You stay till the last whistle blows. You cheer for your team whether they walk off the court triumphantly or in defeat. I just don't see how or why that should even be an issue for anyone on the outside looking in other than just an annoyance.

One sentence = annoyance. And I'm really only talking about one guy. Sure, there might be more (I assume most of you are lifetimers) but I think we all know whom I'm talking about.

Saddletramp
05-02-2016, 02:44 AM
its because he holds onto the ball instead of trying to score. defenders are anticipating him actually trying to make a shot. thats why he gets contact. his intentions are mainly for that. thats very dirty it cheapens the game and makes his efficiency undeservedly inflate.

Nah, he's trying to score. When you go in the lane with the ball, you're trying to get a basket. Now if you ever see him drive and then jump to the hoop and come down without being fouled/blocked/stripped then good for you. I haven't seen that, though.

but whatever, its not on him if he gets away with it.

And there's the problem. "You ignore my cheating and I'll ignore yours......Deal?"

same thing with moving screens or whatever else the dubs players do that makes you go to the right. your beef should be only with the refs. alot of other players do this but it just so happens you watch the dubs play because they are an exciting team to watch.

They are exciting, but if they start calling those screens (among other dubious actions) they won't be as exciting.

have you ever seen noah set a screen? all players push the limits. examples:

I admittedly didn't see a lot of Noah this year but I don't remember him offensive linemaning guys to get elite three point shooters open multiple times a quarter until there's a big lead.

Lebron- gets to travel all over the court
CP3- push off beast
wade- carry's the ball very well
mirotic and crawford- best at intiating contact on defenders behind the arc

I want those called, too. But if you think Wade's the only guy that pushes off or that Lebron is the only guy who regularly travels then cool. I don't see many guys tackle other dudes a la Green or play offensive lead blocker like Bogut and Green, though. It's like no one has the balls to do that but hopefully everybody starts next year so we can either eliminate it or just make the NBA a basketball/football hybrid going forward.

just a few. pretty sure i could come up with more given more time. (sounds like a good thread to start)

It's a Warriors thread. It's a great thread to start.

nastynice
05-02-2016, 02:54 AM

Haha, classic hater post!

***** move by varejao, I'll admit

*when did u become such a hater? U were so normal for so many years...

Saddletramp
05-02-2016, 03:58 AM
Haha, classic hater post!

Not hating; that's pretty much how it went down.

***** move by varejao, I'll admit

Glad we agree.

*when did u become such a hater? U were so normal for so many years...

Not hating, but it's pretty repugnant what's going on over there and seemingly ignored by most. And thanks!

Vee-Rex
05-02-2016, 09:29 AM
Great game by the Warriors. Their offensive system is just too good.

It's still just one game and I think game 2 will be closer. Cool to hear Curry is doing well and can possibly return this series. Blazers need to play much better and need to win this next game if they want to have a shot, IMO.

valade16
05-02-2016, 09:29 AM
Henderson tripped Andy, then Andy tripped him back.

When did Henderson trip Varejao? Certainly not on the play in question. Was it before that?

valade16
05-02-2016, 09:32 AM
Great game by the Warriors. Their offensive system is just too good.

It's still just one game and I think game 2 will be closer. Cool to hear Curry is doing well and can possibly return this series. Blazers need to play much better and need to win this next game if they want to have a shot, IMO.

The Blazers did lose both Games 1 and 2 to the Clippers by 20+ then came back won Game 3 and was up on Game 4 with the momentum when Paul/Blake got hurt.

That being said, all of this is irrelevant. If Curry actually returns in Game 3 like it is believed, the Blazers have exactly a 0% chance of winning the series.

Scoots
05-02-2016, 10:05 AM
And that's why the Warriors play him so well. They don't poke at the ball. But most of those calls are guts swiping and poking. The rip through on threes shouldn't be called as shooting fouls.

But it's not just on 3s.

Scoots
05-02-2016, 10:08 AM
True but he doesn't need to be. He just needs to play very good defense and hit 3's. Fes has other issues besides health. He doesn't have enough wrinkles to his game.

His D isn't close to Barnes' but he's shooting 3s better.

Scoots
05-02-2016, 10:14 AM
Not hating, but it's pretty repugnant what's going on over there and seemingly ignored by most. And thanks!

Question, do you believe the Warriors are the only ones doing screens like that? Are you aware the screener is allowed to move, so not all of the screens were a screener moves is in fact illegal?

likemystylez
05-02-2016, 10:19 AM
Question, do you believe the Warriors are the only ones doing screens like that? Are you aware the screener is allowed to move, so not all of the screens were a screener moves is in fact illegal?

other teams do it, the problem with the warriors is that their 2 best shooters (who might be the two best in the nba)- have such a quick release, and they are able to shoot with someone right in their face anyway with good accuracy. Allowing steph and klay to repeatedly get great looks via illegal screens is the equivalent of allowing wilt to sit in the key all day.

likemystylez
05-02-2016, 10:21 AM
When did Henderson trip Varejao? Certainly not on the play in question. Was it before that?

henderson definitely didnt trip him, they were going to get position and it looks pretty obvious that andy flopped to try and get attention

TrueFan420
05-02-2016, 10:27 AM
His D isn't close to Barnes' but he's shooting 3s better.

Agreed especially because Barnes can handle bigger players down the post. But we're not talking about replacing him perfectly. Just what Rush needs to do. Barnes is unquestionably the better player he can do a lot but all we need is for a 3 to play very good defense and hit 3's.

Scoots
05-02-2016, 10:52 AM
Agreed especially because Barnes can handle bigger players down the post. But we're not talking about replacing him perfectly. Just what Rush needs to do. Barnes is unquestionably the better player he can do a lot but all we need is for a 3 to play very good defense and hit 3's.

It would be nice to have a SF who could rebound (like Barnes), bring the ball up immediately (like Green), shoot (like Barnes), pass (like Green), defend (like Barnes or Green) ... but that player is Paul George and he's not available :) (actually I don't know that PG does as good a job guarding 4s as Barnes does)

It's a shame Barnes is so inconsistent and seems to have BIG swings up and down in his game because the ideal Barnes would be perfect for the Warriors.

TrueFan420
05-02-2016, 10:59 AM
It would be nice to have a SF who could rebound (like Barnes), bring the ball up immediately (like Green), shoot (like Barnes), pass (like Green), defend (like Barnes or Green) ... but that player is Paul George and he's not available :) (actually I don't know that PG does as good a job guarding 4s as Barnes does)

It's a shame Barnes is so inconsistent and seems to have BIG swings up and down in his game because the ideal Barnes would be perfect for the Warriors.

I said this when we drafted him and I stand by it... Drummond should have been the selection. Barnes has high potential but I always felt at best he's Deng but more offensively gifted and not as good of a defender. He just doesn't have IT. He's passive and doesn't need or want to be the best.

Scoots
05-02-2016, 11:08 AM
I said this when we drafted him and I stand by it... Drummond should have been the selection. Barnes has high potential but I always felt at best he's Deng but more offensively gifted and not as good of a defender. He just doesn't have IT. He's passive and doesn't need or want to be the best.

Yeah ... don't know that we have a ring with Drummond, but Barnes has been SO inconsistent it's annoying ... but I wonder how much of that is the team he's on really needing him to be kind of a background guy too.

Jae Crowder/Khris Middleton/John Henson would have worked pretty good for the Warriors too ... but at least we didn't have a top 5 pick and pick Waiters or Robinson :)

valade16
05-02-2016, 11:58 AM

I actually wanted Portland to select Drummond instead of Lillard but I'm glad we didn't. I was also hoping Drummond fell to our next pick which was Meyers Leonard, but I think he went a couple spots before that.

TrueFan420
05-02-2016, 01:59 PM
Yeah ... don't know that we have a ring with Drummond, but Barnes has been SO inconsistent it's annoying ... but I wonder how much of that is the team he's on really needing him to be kind of a background guy too.

Jae Crowder/Khris Middleton/John Henson would have worked pretty good for the Warriors too ... but at least we didn't have a top 5 pick and pick Waiters or Robinson :)
Maybe, maybe not we will never know but we'd be set up quite nicely for the long term with him. As you were saying Rush can be more than serviceable there for us. We just need 3/D at SF.

TrueFan420
05-02-2016, 02:00 PM
I actually wanted Portland to select Drummond instead of Lillard but I'm glad we didn't. I was also hoping Drummond fell to our next pick which was Meyers Leonard, but I think he went a couple spots before that.

That would have been filthy if you landed both

Saddletramp
05-02-2016, 04:00 PM

I'm not talking about the screens where a guy goes around his teammate and the teammate either bumps his butt out as the defender moves past or moves before the defender moves past. I'm talking about Klay runs around Bogut and Bogut puts his hands up against the defemder and backtracks along with the defender. Green does it, too. Re-watch Game 5 last round. They did it 3 times in the first half of the first quarter and it gained 9 points. I mentioned it then and no one said a word, not even you when you re-watched, apparently. Get spotted 9 points and it's a good hole to put any team in that early. And no, I don't think it would've mattered in that game or that series but I've seen it waaaaaaaay to much and I'm not sure why it's hardly ever called.

other teams do it, the problem with the warriors is that their 2 best shooters (who might be the two best in the nba)- have such a quick release, and they are able to shoot with someone right in their face anyway with good accuracy. Allowing steph and klay to repeatedly get great looks via illegal screens is the equivalent of allowing wilt to sit in the key all day.

Yep. Again, it's not the "going over or under a screen" screen, it's the "I literally can't get to him because Bogut is offensive lineman blocking me to not get the quarterback" screen. It's like Klay/Curry are playing HORSE at that point and I don't want to see a game of HORSE. I want to see a basketball game.

Saddletramp
05-02-2016, 04:03 PM

He won't answer you because he was wrong. Made another excuse for a dirty play and stopped responding to me after I asked three times.

Poor Scoots got caught. :)

Scoots
05-02-2016, 04:41 PM
I'm not talking about the screens where a guy goes around his teammate and the teammate either bumps his butt out as the defender moves past or moves before the defender moves past. I'm talking about Klay runs around Bogut and Bogut puts his hands up against the defemder and backtracks along with the defender. Green does it, too. Re-watch Game 5 last round. They did it 3 times in the first half of the first quarter and it gained 9 points. I mentioned it then and no one said a word, not even you when you re-watched, apparently. Get spotted 9 points and it's a good hole to put any team in that early. And no, I don't think it would've mattered in that game or that series but I've seen it waaaaaaaay to much and I'm not sure why it's hardly ever called.

Yep. Again, it's not the "going over or under a screen" screen, it's the "I literally can't get to him because Bogut is offensive lineman blocking me to not get the quarterback" screen. It's like Klay/Curry are playing HORSE at that point and I don't want to see a game of HORSE. I want to see a basketball game.

If a defensive player runs into a screener the screener is allowed to back away LEGALLY. If the defender keeps running into them the screener is allowed to keep backing away LEGALLY. Green and Bogut grab and pull while that's happening, but if the defenders tried to go around rather than through the screener then the screener wouldn't be able to do that for teams other than the Warriors too. Even without contact the screener doesn't have to stay still by rule. I would love a clarification of that rule though.

The defender is supposed to go under the screen or fight over, not run through.

nastynice
05-02-2016, 04:42 PM

I'm quite sure I've seen that in just about every playoff game I watched this year. Which is a lot.

Just sayin..

Horse, lol

Scoots
05-02-2016, 04:45 PM
He won't answer you because he was wrong. Made another excuse for a dirty play and stopped responding to me after I asked three times.

Poor Scoots got caught. :)

No, I just figured if you can't see Henderson run into Varejao looking the other way and then when Varejao tried to get his balance being tripped by Henderson's leg then I can't convince you.

By the way, there was no foul called on the play so the NBA didn't seem to think there was a problem with what Henderson or Varejao did ... and neither do I. It really only seems to be a problem for you and Henderson :)

Tg11
05-02-2016, 04:47 PM
TrailBlazers and Warriors this series I can see it going all the way to 6 or 7 games but as for who wins it? I will say Golden State in 6 or 7

kdspurman
05-02-2016, 04:56 PM
I didn't realize the Blazers schedule thing, playing Friday late then early Sunday. Probably as close as a b2b you'll get in the playoffs.. Hopefully the league looks at that for next year.

Blazers need to try and steal a game in GS while Curry is out imo.

Saddletramp
05-02-2016, 04:58 PM
If a defensive player runs into a screener the screener is allowed to back away LEGALLY. If the defender keeps running into them the screener is allowed to keep backing away LEGALLY. Green and Bogut grab and pull while that's happening, but if the defenders tried to go around rather than through the screener then the screener wouldn't be able to do that for teams other than the Warriors too. Even without contact the screener doesn't have to stay still by rule. I would love a clarification of that rule though.

But Bogut's already moving backwards! It's like things done at the top of the key get called only at the top of the key. In the corners or on the wings? They don't. I don't know why. They are literally being a left tackle for their quarterback.

Saddletramp
05-02-2016, 05:00 PM
No, I just figured if you can't see Henderson run into Varejao looking the other way and then when Varejao tried to get his balance being tripped by Henderson's leg then I can't convince you.

By the way, there was no foul called on the play so the NBA didn't seem to think there was a problem with what Henderson or Varejao did ... and neither do I. It really only seems to be a problem for you and Henderson :)

There was a foul......a technical on Varajao for tripping. Henderson got one for pointing and chest bumping.

You're turning into an insufferable homer, bro.

Tg11
05-02-2016, 05:02 PM
Golden State even without Curry they will win this series but since Curry is about to come back for this series then it won't even be close

Saddletramp
05-02-2016, 05:07 PM
Ok, I'm re watching the play right now......Hebderson runs up as AV moves over. They bump. AV, of course, flops but as he does he also whips his leg out to trip Henderson. It even looks like AV tries to knee him on the bump.

AV has always been a flopper but I don't know remember him being dirty. Till he gets to Oakland, of course.

TrueFan420
05-02-2016, 05:24 PM
Ok, I'm re watching the play right now......Hebderson runs up as AV moves over. They bump. AV, of course, flops but as he does he also whips his leg out to trip Henderson. It even looks like AV tries to knee him on the bump.

AV has always been a flopper but I don't know remember him being dirty. Till he gets to Oakland, of course.
I love how you call it a bump. AV is sliding to the hoop focused on the play. Henderson runs directly at AV seeing exactly where he is and is moving too. Henderson initiated that the whole way. AV shouldn't have stiffened his leg up in an attempt to get the player that ran into his back but you're just being obtuse right now. AV is as at fault for his actions and the double Tech was fair but you're completely glossing over Henderson running into a defenseless player. Yes defenseless he cant see Henderson because unlike Henderson he's trying to play basketball on that play.

Vee-Rex
05-02-2016, 05:33 PM

Not that I really wanna get involved on this subject, but I see this response too many times.

There is absolutely no way the defender can run around the screener if the screener is the one initiating the contact/playing offensive linemen. Curry/Klay have releases much too fast for the defender to be running in a wide, arcing circle around every screen. When you're running near-full speed you can't make that kind of cut anyway.

Moving screens by themselves can be legal if used properly. Here's the official NBA rule:

Illegal Screens/Picks: A screen or pick is when an offensive player gets to a legal position on the court in the path of a defender for the purpose of slowing down the defender or making him change direction. An illegal screen/pick is when the defender does not get into a legal position. When picking a stationary opponent from the backside, you must give that player a step to stop and /or change direction since he cannot see you. If the opponent is moving, you must get to your position and give him enough distance to stop and/or change direction. The speed of the player will determine the distance. You cannot just jump in front of a player at the last second.

I bolded the part where I feel GS commits a lot of illegal screens (more than other teams because of the quantity) and get away with it. Bogut/Green are usually jumping in at the last second. Bogut does it in a manner that gives the defender no opportunity to avoid contact, and then he stumbles back/grabs and acts like he's off balance just to effectively block the defender.

I admit they've perfected making it look legal, but their screens, more times than not, are of the illegal version and not simply legal moving screens.

Vee-Rex
05-02-2016, 05:40 PM
If I was a team playing against GS I'd keep forwarding the official NBA rules along with video to the league and try to get the refs to crack down on that stuff prior to the series. A split second can be the difference between a made 3-pointer and a miss, and if it happens multiple times during a game that could definitely affect the outcome.

Saddletramp
05-02-2016, 05:41 PM
I love how you call it a bump. AV is sliding to the hoop focused on the play. Henderson runs directly at AV seeing exactly where he is and is moving too. Henderson initiated that the whole way. AV shouldn't have stiffened his leg up in an attempt to get the player that ran into his back but you're just being obtuse right now. AV is as at fault for his actions and the double Tech was fair but you're completely glossing over Henderson running into a defenseless player. Yes defenseless he cant see Henderson because unlike Henderson he's trying to play basketball on that play.

You can't be serious. I'm watching it right now. AV is standing there, Henderson runs to him to block him out of Lillard's (I think) drive and as he reaches AV, AV moves over to meet up with the driver (Lilliard). They bump. It was neither players fault. The leg whip was dirty. The finger pointing and chest bump shoulda been techs but even Hubie said that if a player gets leg whipped by that any player in the league would have taken offense and gotten in the whipper's face.

Warriors fans: Accept illegal screens but ***** about legal ones. :)

Scoots
05-02-2016, 06:39 PM
I didn't realize the Blazers schedule thing, playing Friday late then early Sunday. Probably as close as a b2b you'll get in the playoffs.. Hopefully the league looks at that for next year.

Blazers need to try and steal a game in GS while Curry is out imo.

IIRC the Warriors got the shortest turnaround for game 1 of the playoffs (late wed, first playoff game sat mid-day), so much for the benefits of being the #1 seed. I have sympathy for the schedule makers trying to keep TV happy. In the case of the Warriors first playoff game, there was a conflict for the arena for another series that meant they couldn't be on Saturday so the Warriors were moved there. I wonder about a team/facility not planning on making the first round of the playoffs and setting up a scheduling conflict though.

Scoots
05-02-2016, 06:40 PM
But Bogut's already moving backwards! It's like things done at the top of the key get called only at the top of the key. In the corners or on the wings? They don't. I don't know why. They are literally being a left tackle for their quarterback.

He's not always moving backward at initial contact.

Again, i'd like everything to be called, but until it is then this is what we get.

TrueFan420
05-02-2016, 06:46 PM
You can't be serious. I'm watching it right now. AV is standing there, Henderson runs to him to block him out of Lillard's (I think) drive and as he reaches AV, AV moves over to meet up with the driver (Lilliard). They bump. It was neither players fault. The leg whip was dirty. The finger pointing and chest bump shoulda been techs but even Hubie said that if a player gets leg whipped by that any player in the league would have taken offense and gotten in the whipper's face.

For that to be legal he'd have to have been set he just ran at AV did not stop and set his feet. For someone that complains we set moving screens if it's someone else your cool with it. Also AV isn't just standing there dudes in full motion sliding to the basket to follow Lilard.

Scoots
05-02-2016, 06:47 PM
There was a foul......a technical on Varajao for tripping. Henderson got one for pointing and chest bumping.

Tripping is a personal foul, not a technical. As far as I can find Varejao was called for a technical for his altercation with Henderson, but I don't know for sure.

I've never said that Varejao did nothing wrong so I don't see why that makes me a homer. Why are you a hater? Have you watched Varejao? He's always flying around and banging into things. Without Henderson running into him Varejao's leg doesn't go out (which seems a relatively normal motion to me), doesn't get caught on Henderson's leg, and Henderson doesn't go down either. The only thing that made it noteworthy was Henderson losing his cool. If that doesn't happen then nothing comes of the play.

Scoots
05-02-2016, 06:54 PM
Not that I really wanna get involved on this subject, but I see this response too many times.

There is absolutely no way the defender can run around the screener if the screener is the one initiating the contact/playing offensive linemen. Curry/Klay have releases much too fast for the defender to be running in a wide, arcing circle around every screen. When you're running near-full speed you can't make that kind of cut anyway.

Moving screens by themselves can be legal if used properly. Here's the official NBA rule:

I bolded the part where I feel GS commits a lot of illegal screens (more than other teams because of the quantity) and get away with it. Bogut/Green are usually jumping in at the last second. Bogut does it in a manner that gives the defender no opportunity to avoid contact, and then he stumbles back/grabs and acts like he's off balance just to effectively block the defender.

I admit they've perfected making it look legal, but their screens, more times than not, are of the illegal version and not simply legal moving screens.

That was pretty much my read on it as well. The NBA has never really defined "soon enough" to my satisfaction, on picks, screens, blocks, or charges. Theoretically when an offensive player STARTS to pick up the ball for a move they have started their shooting motion and someone like Giannis can cover 30 feet from that moment to when the ball leaves his hand and at no point in that time can any defender move at all if they are between him and the basket if that rule is literally applied ... but it's not literally applied, which is why we never know if it's going to be called a block or a charge.

On screens the screener can move if they are visible to the defender until contact which seems stupid to me, then they can move, pretty much any direction other than directly to the basket (rule clarification to stop that advantage to the roll man on pick and rolls) and not get called.

It seems to me a poorly written and officiated rule. But I will not complain about it as long as it's officiated consistently, which based upon the fact that I see very very few screens that are not borderline already it is officiated consistently in that it's almost never called when it's not the screener rolling.

Scoots
05-02-2016, 06:59 PM
If I was a team playing against GS I'd keep forwarding the official NBA rules along with video to the league and try to get the refs to crack down on that stuff prior to the series. A split second can be the difference between a made 3-pointer and a miss, and if it happens multiple times during a game that could definitely affect the outcome.

The issue is every team is getting away with fouls and the officials will probably get annoyed fairly quickly with the habit. There is reason to think the Clippers suffer because of their history of complaining.

Scoots
05-02-2016, 07:00 PM

YOU are the only one complaining about it. :)

MygirlhatesCod
05-02-2016, 07:53 PM

why? what do you get out of this? are you going for some type of troll award? yes the warriors as well as most teams dont get called for illegal screens. thats been covered at disgust but you still keep going. if you dont like it stop watching!! the team you root for gets all kinds of free points and i would rather watch a game of horse than a free throw contest. which is why i will never watch the rockets.

lol, please
05-02-2016, 08:24 PM

We don't often agree, but great post. Well said.

kdspurman
05-02-2016, 08:38 PM
IIRC the Warriors got the shortest turnaround for game 1 of the playoffs (late wed, first playoff game sat mid-day), so much for the benefits of being the #1 seed. I have sympathy for the schedule makers trying to keep TV happy. In the case of the Warriors first playoff game, there was a conflict for the arena for another series that meant they couldn't be on Saturday so the Warriors were moved there. I wonder about a team/facility not planning on making the first round of the playoffs and setting up a scheduling conflict though.

I remember that with the Warriors, but at least they had 2 full days off. But yea, not much compared to other teams

Just feels like there should be more done to prevent this kind of stuff
I know it's not an easy task, but more of an effort I guess

Scoots
05-02-2016, 08:45 PM
I remember that with the Warriors, but at least they had 2 full days off. But yea, not much compared to other teams

Just feels like there should be more done to prevent this kind of stuff
I know it's not an easy task, but more of an effort I guess

The easiest way to do it would be to reduce the number of games :)

I bet the owners were just hating the 2011-12 season when absolutely nobody cared about the shorter season.

Saddletramp
05-02-2016, 10:30 PM
For that to be legal he'd have to have been set he just ran at AV did not stop and set his feet. For someone that complains we set moving screens if it's someone else your cool with it. Also AV isn't just standing there dudes in full motion sliding to the basket to follow Lilard.

Henderson hadn't set his screen yet as AV slid over to cover Lilliard before he did. It was nothing, just two guys trying to go to the same spot and they collided. The problem was that AV always flops on contact, and that led to him also throwing his foot out to trip Henderson.

It seems we are at an impasse.

Saddletramp
05-02-2016, 10:44 PM
YOU are the only one complaining about it. :)

And it seems most others have pulled an Ariza: just threw their hands up and shook their head, why waste the words. (Also, I'm not the only one still complaining, just the only one in here :) ).

Scoots
05-02-2016, 10:52 PM
And it seems most others have pulled an Ariza: just threw their hands up and shook their head, why waste the words. (Also, I'm not the only one still complaining, just the only one in here :) ).

Varejao is a flopper no doubt, as is Speights, and on occasion Bogut. What surprised me was how much flopping the Blazers do.

Oh, and who brought up Varejao being dirty in this thread? Do you have a post of someone else doing it in another thread?

Saddletramp
05-02-2016, 11:01 PM
Varejao is a flopper no doubt, as is Speights, and on occasion Bogut. What surprised me was how much flopping the Blazers do.

Oh, and who brought up Varejao being dirty in this thread? Do you have a post of someone else doing it in another thread?

I was gonna let it go, but a few snippy posts by Truefan and lol got me to throw in my thoughts. Those comments and some Lonestars.

TrueFan420
05-03-2016, 10:42 AM
It seems we are at an impasse.

Fair enough and we leave it at that.

TrueFan420
05-03-2016, 10:44 AM

Agreed and one of the reason big men have had to go that route is they can't be as physical anymore.

TrueFan420
05-03-2016, 10:14 PM
Can't wait for the game. Big time implications. With a win I think curry sits game 3 and they don't rush him back with a loss he plays game 3 even if he isn't quite ready.

MygirlhatesCod
05-03-2016, 11:03 PM
portland looks like a different team on d. really good start for them. bring in mo buckets!!

MygirlhatesCod
05-03-2016, 11:14 PM
starting to chip away.

numba1CHANGsta
05-03-2016, 11:17 PM
Can we finally put all that talk of how the Warriors blowout teams without Curry which hurts his MVP case to rest? Yeah the Warriors will get a blowout here and there but in a 7 game series you need Curry. BTW did the Warriors decide to not play defense tonight? even my grandma could score on them right now LOL

TrueFan420
05-03-2016, 11:19 PM
They need to wake up

MygirlhatesCod
05-03-2016, 11:21 PM
Can we finally put all that talk of how the Warriors blowout teams without Curry which hurts his MVP case to rest? Yeah the Warriors will get a blowout here and there but in a 7 game series you need Curry. BTW did the Warriors decide to not play defense tonight? even my grandma could score on them right now LOL

i was thinking the same. their defense is lazy. everyone is getting way too much space.

TrueFan420
05-03-2016, 11:23 PM
Can't buy a shot right now

TrueFan420
05-03-2016, 11:24 PM
Lego wake em up Barnes

MygirlhatesCod
05-03-2016, 11:24 PM
hmm..nevermind about mo buckets

MygirlhatesCod
05-03-2016, 11:29 PM
portland hitting at over 60% is way to high. dubs need to tighten up

TrueFan420
05-03-2016, 11:32 PM
Roaricle is awake now... Good run. Need to kick it up another notch though.

TrueFan420
05-03-2016, 11:38 PM
Finally Barnes idk where you have been but I'm glad you finally showed up

MygirlhatesCod
05-03-2016, 11:39 PM
barnes!! thats what we have been waiting on. his game is way to strong not to play like that more

bgdreton
05-03-2016, 11:48 PM
Why haven't they posted up Livingston on these small guards did we forget about that?

MygirlhatesCod
05-03-2016, 11:51 PM
Why haven't they posted up Livingston on these small guards did we forget about that?

they also forgot about defense.

TrueFan420
05-03-2016, 11:55 PM

Lilard and McCullom have played him well in the post.

lol, please
05-04-2016, 12:10 AM
Klay wasn't selling anything. I've never seen anyone fouled so hard in my life!

nastynice
05-04-2016, 12:12 AM
Klay flop, haha

lol, please
05-04-2016, 12:17 AM
What a rejection by Bogut!!!! :faint:

nastynice
05-04-2016, 12:18 AM
Ok, now I have to admit the Warriors are dirty. That switch up that Livingston did on plumlee was absolutely ****in dirty!! lol

TrueFan420
05-04-2016, 12:18 AM
Can't buy a damn 3 right now

lol, please
05-04-2016, 12:22 AM
I wonder if valade16 is somewhere right now getting LOUD!!!!

lol, please
05-04-2016, 12:22 AM
Ok, now I have to admit the Warriors are dirty. That switch up that Livingston did on plumlee was absolutely ****in dirty!! lol

Saddletramp is that you?

:laugh2:

ewing
05-04-2016, 12:25 AM
i think this is really good for Klay. I am a big fan of his and think he needs this type of adversity to grow.

TrueFan420
05-04-2016, 12:25 AM
Seriously every damn 3 is bouncing out

lol, please
05-04-2016, 12:27 AM
i think this is really good for Klay. I am a big fan of his and think he needs this type of adversity to grow.

x2.

Klay has been my favorite Warrior since we lost DLee and Nedovic.

TrueFan420
05-04-2016, 12:29 AM
Finally please let that be the start of an onslaught of 3's for the dubs

lol, please
05-04-2016, 12:31 AM
King Klay Thompson!!!!! On one leg!!!

Let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

nastynice
05-04-2016, 12:32 AM
Lillard is ****in nasty!

MygirlhatesCod
05-04-2016, 12:34 AM
damn portland cant miss

lol, please
05-04-2016, 12:36 AM
Wow. Great defense by Ezeli, but what a shot by Lillard. He is having a night.

It's alright though. In Klay I Trust.

numba1CHANGsta
05-04-2016, 12:36 AM
All the NBA cares about are ratings, so the more playoffs games the more ratings the more revenue for the NBA. So, the refs are told to make sure these playoff series go as far as they can whatever it takes.

nastynice
05-04-2016, 12:37 AM
No doubt the blazers are lit right now but we got this now

MygirlhatesCod
Lillard is ****in nasty!

yup!

Vee-Rex
Draymond running his mouth at Dame woke him up. Lillard is wet!!!!11

lol, please
05-04-2016, 12:42 AM
Green to Ezeli!!!!!!!!

TrueFan420
05-04-2016, 12:42 AM
Lego 5 point game

Vee-Rex
05-04-2016, 12:43 AM
Blazers offense doesn't look sustainable, whereas the Dubs do.

Saddletramp
05-04-2016, 12:43 AM
Saddletramp is that you?

:laugh2:

Nah, that's nastynice

lol, please
05-04-2016, 12:45 AM
Nah, that's nastynice

haha, just teasing man.

MygirlhatesCod
05-04-2016, 12:45 AM
festus coming alive

TrueFan420
05-04-2016, 12:46 AM
Defense!!!!

Saddletramp
haha, just teasing man.

I know, just messin'

TrueFan420
Damn

MygirlhatesCod
05-04-2016, 12:47 AM
dubs need to make a run with dame on the bench

lol, please
05-04-2016, 12:48 AM
Ezeli can't be stopped. He's doing his best prime SHAQ ATTAQ impression.

lol, please
05-04-2016, 12:49 AM
Can't lie, to me Green deserves an offensive foul there, but i'll take it. Lord knows the Warriors have gotten shafted enough by the refs over the years.

numba1CHANGsta
05-04-2016, 12:51 AM
The way this game is going now way the Warriors don't start Curry Game 3

TrueFan420
05-04-2016, 12:51 AM
Yas!

lol, please
05-04-2016, 12:52 AM
King Klay ties the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet's goooooooooooooooooooooooooooo waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarriors!!!!

TrueFan420
05-04-2016, 12:53 AM
This next possession is freaking huge. Have to get another stop.

TrueFan420
05-04-2016, 12:55 AM
Defense with the stop

TrueFan420
05-04-2016, 12:55 AM
Ref you suck

Saddletramp
05-04-2016, 12:56 AM
Offensive foul on Ezeli? Thought they didn't call those blatant offensive fouls? :)

TrueFan420
Klay!

lol, please
Klay is wet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jumpy:

our first lead of the game!

MygirlhatesCod
sweet *** d

MygirlhatesCod
05-04-2016, 12:58 AM
klay dumping

TrueFan420
05-04-2016, 12:58 AM
Another big possession here coming out the timeout... Have to score here.

Saddletramp
05-04-2016, 12:59 AM
Man, this sucks. I never watch games live. Commercials kill my enjoyment momentum.

TrueFan420
05-04-2016, 12:59 AM
sweet *** d

Normally she says its salty

TrueFan420
05-04-2016, 01:00 AM
Man, this sucks. I never watch games live. Commercials kill my enjoyment momentum.

Yea they do

nastynice
05-04-2016, 01:00 AM
haha, just teasing man.

Haha, by dirty I meant Livingston ****in schooled plumlee!

lol, please
05-04-2016, 01:01 AM
Klay setting records AGAIN! 3 7 3point games in a row in the playoffs. Never been done in history.

lol, please
05-04-2016, 01:02 AM
Haha, by dirty I meant Livingston ****in schooled plumlee!

I know, I realized that right after I quoted you and re-read it. He did him dirty. :laugh2:

nastynice
05-04-2016, 01:02 AM
Offensive foul on Ezeli? Thought they didn't call those blatant offensive fouls? :)

U know he was fully braced tho, right?

MygirlhatesCod
05-04-2016, 01:03 AM
nice swat!!

nastynice
05-04-2016, 01:03 AM
Get BIG baby, **** yea!!!

lol, please
05-04-2016, 01:04 AM
Green! What a game he's having my goodness!!!!!!!!!!!

TrueFan420
05-04-2016, 01:05 AM
Lego!!!

lol, please
05-04-2016, 01:05 AM
Livingston!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :faint:

MygirlhatesCod
05-04-2016, 01:06 AM
dray day!

TrueFan420
05-04-2016, 01:06 AM
Bgdreton you ask and you shall receive Livingston rocking his post game

bgdreton
05-04-2016, 01:07 AM
I'm sorry but draymond is so nasty on D man he is just a monster no matter whoever he guards. His will to win and motor is impressive.

MygirlhatesCod
05-04-2016, 01:08 AM
dubs offense woke up. if they hold this is gonna damage portland mentally especially if curry comes back

nastynice
05-04-2016, 01:08 AM
We gotta go. We gotta goooo.

It's check out time!

HandsOnTheWheel
05-04-2016, 01:09 AM
Count on the Blazers to **** it up.

TrueFan420
05-04-2016, 01:10 AM
Green needs to add at least one post move tho. He gets switched on to guards all the time and all he can do it try to bully them.

bgdreton
05-04-2016, 01:11 AM
Bgdreton you ask and you shall receive Livingston rocking his post game

Lol I have been waiting this the whole game for that I'll take it tho in crunch time

nastynice
05-04-2016, 01:12 AM
Come on smokeland u know what time it isss!

Beautiful finish. Just what we needed

TrueFan420
05-04-2016, 01:13 AM
Count on the Blazers to **** it up.

That's harsh. Their young and inexperienced but have a very bright future.

MygirlhatesCod
05-04-2016, 01:13 AM
dubs all day. mean comeback this series is way done!

Saddletramp
05-04-2016, 01:14 AM
I complain about some screens here and some dirty plays there but this is just a well-oiled machine. I don't see them losing to many without Curry and I don't see them losing to anyone with him.

Dade County
I dont understand why portland couldnt have called better offensive plays throughout this 4th qtr.

TrueFan420
Damn that was a nerve wrecker

lol, please
LMAO! How do the Trailblazers just let Green penetrate like that and slam it at the end. Hilarious.

TrueFan420
05-04-2016, 01:16 AM
Ezeil was huge defensively down the stretch. Could move laterally much quicker then Bogut and AV while still providing length to be pesty in the pick en role with dame.

nastynice
05-04-2016, 01:17 AM
I dont understand why portland couldnt have called better offensive plays throughout this 4th qtr.

Tbh, that's what they did in the third. They just kept drilling tough and contested shots. Didn't hold for the 4th

TrueFan420
Curry sits game 3

lol, please
Trailblazers gave it their all, they threw everything but the kitcken sink at the Warriors and the Warriors still took control and took this game late when it mattered. If that doesn't mindphuck them and deflate their morale, nothing will.

valade16 must be beside himself right now.

More-Than-Most
without curry this team doesnt miss a beat.... The Blazers are in no way a bad team either.... The warriors are just so ****ing stacked man.

TrueFan420
05-04-2016, 01:19 AM
without curry this team doesnt miss a beat.... The Blazers are in no way a bad team either.... The warriors are just so ****ing stacked man.

We skipped a beat or two but the heart didn't stop

nastynice
05-04-2016, 01:20 AM
LMAO! How do the Trailblazers just let Green penetrate like that and slam it at the end. Hilarious.

Haha, that dude was kinda askin for it. Was playin HELLA hard defense on him, I think it annoyed draymond n so he just stuffed that **** haha

MygirlhatesCod
05-04-2016, 01:21 AM
so weird that portland is an LMA away from being a legit contender.

Scoots
05-04-2016, 01:28 AM
Normally she says its salty

Eat more pineapple

TrueFan420
05-04-2016, 01:31 AM
Eat more pineapple

lol

Scoots
05-04-2016, 01:33 AM

The Warriors when locked in on D can take the first and second option away from an offense for stretches and that tends to make the offense look bad and disjointed. They did it a lot more last year, but they can still do it.

likemystylez
05-04-2016, 02:11 AM
just got back from the game.... oh my lord that was uncomfortable. I dont know if the warriors can get through this series (IE sweep) without curry.

No need to be too cocky and sit him "because they dont need him to win". if your sitting him cuz he isnt able to play thats one thing. .... but that isnt the narrative im hearing.

also warriors need to learn to run players off the 3 point line

likemystylez
05-04-2016, 02:14 AM
Curry sits game 3

I think itd be safer if they brought him back- dont ice him for a full month before the spurs series. he will lose rhythm. also this game wasnt as safe as you might think. being at the game, i was very scared.

sf-fanatic
05-04-2016, 06:35 AM
Some notes from the game...

1) The Warriors cant take stupid shots and/or shoot a low percentage against the Blazers. The Blazers have an explosive backcourt as well and long shots means long rebounds which fuel the fast break as seen in the first 3 quarters. The Warriors shot a higher percentage in the 4th and the Blazers had to work for their shots.

2) I think Terry Stotts coached a great game and managed his timeouts perfectly. As a Warrior fan, I dont remember anyone doing as great of a job but Popovich. Seemed like every time the Warriors were gaining momentum, he used timeouts at the perfect time and his team responded out of the timeout.

3) Does the refs not call traveling anymore ? There were multiple failed jump stops and extra steps by both teams (but more on the Blazers) that werent called and some were obvious.

4) I'm gonna say I dont think I've seen anyone with a will to win as much as Draymond Green (outside of the obvious Jordan, Kobe, Lebron). He might be borderline dirty (or a smart player that knows how much he can get away with), but hes a player that elevates a team when it really matters. Hate him or what, but you gotta respect how he worked his way into the league into a superstar

5) Kerr's rotation has me a little confused right now, but I'm sure he has a plan.

TrueFan420
05-04-2016, 09:53 AM
I think itd be safer if they brought him back- dont ice him for a full month before the spurs series. he will lose rhythm. also this game wasnt as safe as you might think. being at the game, i was very scared.

I never said it was safe. In fact I referred to it as nerve wrecking. It's a valid point about not wanting him to lose rhythm and a serious concern. However, for me if he's not fully healthy I'd rather not risk him making it worse vs rhythm. He's most likely out of sync either way. And as nerve wrecking as game two was it my book it bought him time for game 3 cause we can't beat the Spurs with him hurt.

TrueFan420
05-04-2016, 10:31 AM
SF-Fantic

His rotation is most likely a little off with Curry out the team has to adjust. Add in that we struggled this game and he was just looking for something/anything to click and wake us up in the first half.

Vee-Rex
05-04-2016, 10:37 AM

He really shouldn't have sat out at all. Don't want the opponent to think he's soft or weak.

Scoots
05-04-2016, 10:53 AM
He really shouldn't have sat out at all. Don't want the opponent to think he's soft or weak.

hehe ... nice :)

Scoots
05-04-2016, 10:56 AM
I think the whole sit curry don't sit curry thing is overblown. He'll come back when he can play without significant risk of aggravating his injury.

TrueFan420
05-04-2016, 12:54 PM
I think the whole sit curry don't sit curry thing is overblown. He'll come back when he can play without significant risk of aggravating his injury.

True but I'm will to wager he'd risk coming back sooner if the playoffs were on the line. Thankfully that shouldn't be an issue. As we should be able to close out the Blazers without him. The biggest issue will be the Spurs and if we want to get him game time before the series starts or just rest him as much as possible so he doesn't aggravate his injury.

Scoots
05-04-2016, 01:12 PM
I like Dame's line after the game "The Warriors are a different kind of monster"

Scoots
05-04-2016, 03:57 PM
Curry expected to "practice" tomorrow. "A coach" said if he's better than 80% and isn't going to hurt himself, he'll play.

likemystylez
05-04-2016, 04:20 PM
Curry expected to "practice" tomorrow. "A coach" said if he's better than 80% and isn't going to hurt himself, he'll play.

always wondered how they decided if he was 80%? should be a more absolute measurement like "if he has a pulse hes ballin"- this I the playoffs afterall

MygirlhatesCod
05-04-2016, 04:22 PM

really good news that he is going to be at practice! the statement "if he is 80% and isn't going to hurt himself" is odd. how would you not have a higher probability to hurt yourself at 80% when you have to give 100% when covering one of the blazers guards or making lateral cuts to get free especially in the playoffs.

Scoots
05-04-2016, 06:41 PM
always wondered how they decided if he was 80%? should be a more absolute measurement like "if he has a pulse hes ballin"- this I the playoffs afterall

It's the same as when a nurse asks you for your pain from 1 to 10. It's all subjective.

Scoots
05-04-2016, 06:48 PM
really good news that he is going to be at practice! the statement "if he is 80% and isn't going to hurt himself" is odd. how would you not have a higher probability to hurt yourself at 80% when you have to give 100% when covering one of the blazers guards or making lateral cuts to get free especially in the playoffs.

I think it's essentially if the player is not pain free but the doctor says his joint is stable and the pain is in a place and of a kind that is not causing the player to change their motions or increase stresses on that or other joints.

Like when they say "the doctor says I won't make it worse by playing, it just hurts".

likemystylez
05-04-2016, 07:23 PM

your injury can be healed to the point where it will hold up, but you may not be in condition or have the strength in that injured area to perform at an acceptable leel to be productive in an nba game.

it is possible- but id make the argument, its really hard to know until you are out on the floor during a game

lol, please
05-04-2016, 08:23 PM
What the opponent thinks literally has no bearing on how the warriors will perform with or without Curry.

Peeps will always call him weak and fragile, just like the warriors will always be called a jump shooting soft team. It hasnt affected them yet, at least not in the way opponents might hope.

sent from my Note 5 on Tapatalk

lol, please
05-04-2016, 08:26 PM
your injury can be healed to the point where it will hold up, but you may not be in condition or have the strength in that injured area to perform at an acceptable leel to be productive in an nba game.

it is possible- but id make the argument, its really hard to know until you are out on the floor during a game
I disagree with your last point, you can find that out in practice / scrimmages. You don't have to go full speed and strength for the entirety of practice but you should be for parts of it or it isn't really preparing you for much from a physical standpoint.

Scoots
05-04-2016, 11:27 PM
What the opponent thinks literally has no bearing on how the warriors will perform with or without Curry.

Peeps will always call him weak and fragile, just like the warriors will always be called a jump shooting soft team. It hasnt affected them yet, at least not in the way opponents might hope.

I think Vee's point was tongue-in-cheek.

Scoots
05-05-2016, 03:48 PM
Kerr said Curry probably won't play game 3.

jason
05-05-2016, 04:27 PM
Sounds like we're repeating it the same way as last round lol

Scoots
05-05-2016, 04:59 PM
Sounds like we're repeating it the same way as last round lol

Maybe ... if game 3 is a loss he plays game 4 ... and hopefully doesn't get hurt again. <loudly knocking on wood>

likemystylez
05-05-2016, 05:42 PM

either curry is not progressing very well or kerr is very confident that curry wont show any signs of rust

TrueFan420
05-05-2016, 06:24 PM
either curry is not progressing very well or kerr is very confident that curry wont show any signs of rust

Or they'd rather risk him being a little rusty and insure he's as close to 100% or 100% vs bringing him back sooner and risking he aggravates the injury.

Scoots
05-05-2016, 10:58 PM
Regardless of how game 3 goes they still have 1 game to get the rust off. If they are holding him out it's because he's not 100%. We'll see.

likemystylez
05-06-2016, 08:18 AM
Or they'd rather risk him being a little rusty and insure he's as close to 100% or 100% vs bringing him back sooner and risking he aggravates the injury.

ummm 3 or 4 days is a little bit rusty. curry hasnt played a full game of basketball since the season ended on april 14th. hes gonna be insanely rusty considering hes gonna come into a playoff game.

likemystylez
05-06-2016, 08:19 AM

also its not risking him being rusty- its basically a gaurantee he will be rusty when he comes back. the question is whether it lasts 1 half or 2 or 3 games.

its nowhre near a gaurantee that he will reactivate his injury. theres definitely a chance... but then theres a chance that he could get tripped and fall and break his wrist too. (and thats even if he sits out until preseason)

Scoots
05-06-2016, 12:14 PM
also its not risking him being rusty- its basically a gaurantee he will be rusty when he comes back. the question is whether it lasts 1 half or 2 or 3 games.

its nowhre near a gaurantee that he will reactivate his injury. theres definitely a chance... but then theres a chance that he could get tripped and fall and break his wrist too. (and thats even if he sits out until preseason)

I think it's the concern for rust that will almost certainly get him in one game this round ... but it's concern for rushing him back where his risk is higher that is keeping him out of the next game. It's a tough balancing act for sure.

TrueFan420
05-06-2016, 01:46 PM
I think it's the concern for rust that will almost certainly get him in one game this round ... but it's concern for rushing him back where his risk is higher that is keeping him out of the next game. It's a tough balancing act for sure.

Agreed... Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

likemystylez
05-07-2016, 06:27 PM
must win game for the warriors!

Scoots
05-07-2016, 07:15 PM

Meh. It would be nice to win. Certainly should try hard to win. If they lose they shouldn't quit on the season though.

lol, please
05-07-2016, 07:57 PM
Sadly I will miss most of the game since it's fight night, but hopefully we can get this win and go up 3-0!

Yup. Klay said so himself.

lol, please
05-07-2016, 08:48 PM
Klay is wet!!!! sloppy start but we start out on top.

Let's do this!

Scoots
05-07-2016, 08:53 PM
4 turnovers already and getting pushed around on the boards. Clean it up a little and should control the game.

jason
05-07-2016, 09:20 PM
Sadly I will miss most of the game since it's fight night,

Shame! Not a good excuse!..

lol, please
05-07-2016, 09:24 PM
Shame! Not a good excuse!..
Boxing is my favorite sport and it isn't close, besides, boxing cards are only a few a year, there are over 100 warriors games and a playoff series is 4-7 games.

I hate schedule conflicts but I will always choosing boxing over another event if I have too, especially when it comes to basketball and baseball because they are series and not one game. The only exception would be if the 49ers were in the super bowl, but it's unlikely a major fight card would be so early on a Sunday so I'm safe there as well.

:)

Either way, go Dubs!

kdspurman
05-07-2016, 09:31 PM
Boxing is my favorite sport and it isn't close, besides, boxing cards are only a few a year, there are over 100 warriors games and a playoff series is 4-7 games.

I hate schedule conflicts but I will always choosing boxing over another event if I have too, especially when it comes to basketball and baseball because they are series and not one game. The only exception would be if the 49ers were in the super bowl, but it's unlikely a major fight card would be so early on a Sunday so I'm safe there as well.

:)

Either way, go Dubs!

Dubs game 7 WCF, or a big boxing match. What do you do?

lol, please
05-07-2016, 09:32 PM
Dubs game 7 WCF, or a big boxing match. What do you do?
I still watch the fights at home, hide from game updates, and watch the game DVR'd right after.

#Loyalty

nastynice
05-07-2016, 09:37 PM
I'm eatin peanut butter, homie!

nastynice
05-07-2016, 09:39 PM
Lillard is. so. filthy

I'm absolutely falling in love with his game

jason
05-07-2016, 09:39 PM
I still watch the fights at home, hide from game updates, and watch the game DVR'd right after.

#Loyalty

Would be the opposite for me.. Big fights are such a disappointment most of the time..

#loyatly #Dubs!