PDA

View Full Version : Deron Williams Value

Rivera
04-29-2016, 06:56 PM
Many of you probably saw Deron Williams announce that he will opt out of his contract and become an FA

I'm wondering what is his actual worth? What is a fair number for Williams even with the cap rising.

To me it's a tough call I don't know how much I would pay him. He has one of the most fascinating falling from grace stories ever. Arguably the best PG in the game at one point completely lost his game. He did have a decent rebound season but nothing that WOWs you

What would you pay him on the open market ? How much do you think he will get?

5ass
04-29-2016, 07:03 PM
How much i would pay him would depend on how much i need a PG. I think he's going to try to be a starter, so i think he'll sign with the Knicks for 10-12 mill/yr for 3 years.

kingsdelez24
04-29-2016, 07:29 PM
How much i would pay him would depend on how much i need a PG. I think he's going to try to be a starter, so i think he'll sign with the Knicks for 10-12 mill/yr for 3 years.

He said NY media was too much for him. 8-9 mil a year for 3 years is his value

eDush
04-29-2016, 07:32 PM
How much i would pay him would depend on how much i need a PG. I think he's going to try to be a starter, so i think he'll sign with the Knicks for 10-12 mill/yr for 3 years.He can't handle the pressure of the Big Apple so that's the last place he'll sign....just ask the Truth or KG.

Chronz
04-29-2016, 08:01 PM
Getting Tmac vibes from him in that the decline is never ending. He can hang around awhile off reputation alone but his worth as a player has capped . he's doing this as a last ditch hail Mary to squeeze Cuban for any extra Million

NYKnickFanatic
04-29-2016, 08:03 PM

:yawn:

Chronz
04-29-2016, 08:49 PM
:yawn:
Don't act like it's so far fetched. Is Phil Jackson Trying to compete yet or is he still the type to think Tyson for Calderon is a good move? Deron would immediately be the best pg you've had in decades.

Chronz
04-29-2016, 08:51 PM
He can't handle the pressure of the Big Apple so that's the last place he'll sign....just ask the Truth or KG.
No pressure in a situation where Melo is expected to lead imo but yeah he might not have the stones

DboneG
04-29-2016, 09:36 PM
He's a head case...can't handle pressure well. It's obvious something is going on with him.

NYKnickFanatic
04-29-2016, 10:21 PM
Don't act like it's so far fetched. Is Phil Jackson Trying to compete yet or is he still the type to think Tyson for Calderon is a good move? Deron would immediately be the best pg you've had in decades.

DWill is not getting 10-12 mil a year. So yes, it is far fetched.

NetsPaint
04-30-2016, 12:50 AM
I don't know if he could do what Jason Kidd did in 2012-2013.

naps
04-30-2016, 02:13 AM
How much is a backup PG worth? That's what his value is at this point. This will be his last contract in NBA. I have not seen such a steep fall from the grace in this league. Deron and Dwight both kicked their great coaches out just to get themselves traded a little later and their careers became jokes from there on. They wanted to team up years ago in Brooklyn and now they can do it again. Be best friends.

TheMightyHumph
04-30-2016, 03:02 AM

Damn, I would love that.

JasonJohnHorn
04-30-2016, 09:33 AM
MLE. He should look to sign with a team like the Spurs of OKC, or MIA, or CLE or LAC where he either won't be a regular starter, or won't be the center or the team's offense. Take the pressure off him and put him in a situation where veteran experience is an asset.

MonroeFAN
04-30-2016, 09:36 AM
DWill is not getting 10-12 mil a year. So yes, it is far fetched.

What do you see him getting?

Scoots
04-30-2016, 11:26 AM
He needs to be on a veteran team, and $12M a year is too much.

Who would you rather have, Williams or Shaun Livingston?

eDush
04-30-2016, 11:43 AM

You don't actually read what players say and why they leave but just assume things huh Chronz? DWill NOT want that kind of pressure and has stated it that he was miserable in Brooklyn. If he goes back to NY, it be like that all over again.

eDush
04-30-2016, 11:50 AM
He can't handle the pressure of the Big Apple so that's the last place he'll sign....just ask the Truth or KG.

No pressure in a situation where Melo is expected to lead imo but yeah he might not have the stones

:laugh2: The Nets traded for KG and PP to take over as leaders and the pressure since they had already won the championship already and have said that Deron cannot handle the pressure and wanted to be left alone. I guess that's why he took a buyout leaving millions on the table to he can go back home to Dallas. Yet now you think he will go back to the biggest mecca in the nation cause none of this makes sense to you? And saying Melo is a leader show you are clueless...gosh :facepalm:

I delete my PSD account if he sign with the Knicks. If he doesn't, you ban yourself for the first month of the season Chronz. Though so... :)

BKLYNpigeon
04-30-2016, 12:08 PM
Deron was playing through many injures in Brooklyn that cost him his career.

beasted86
04-30-2016, 12:22 PM
Williams is and always has been a system player. And now he's injury prone on top of that fact.

He's a fringe starter so 8-9 million just like other fringe players got: Cory Joseph, Iman Shumpert, etc. He's best suited for a team that drafts a PG and needs a transitional starter.

nycericanguy
04-30-2016, 12:29 PM
Yea DWill HATED NY, there is 0% chance he goes back there. he couldnt wait to get out of NY and left millions on the table to do so. and basically publicly admitted it.

even if he were the #3 option in NY there would be tons of pressure still as the starting PG.

I think he'll stay in DAL for something around 3/21m.

beasted86
04-30-2016, 12:29 PM
I could see Milwaukee hitting the rest button on the PG spot by trading away MCW, signing Williams and then drafting Dunn or Murray

Chronz
04-30-2016, 01:39 PM
You don't actually read what players say and why they leave but just assume things huh Chronz? DWill NOT want that kind of pressure and has stated it that he was miserable in Brooklyn. If he goes back to NY, it be like that all over again.

Or maybe I've seen the same movie too often. Players likes/hates big/small city, doesn't find a contract/role he likes so he runs to the money regardless. His first choice is obviously to stay in Dallas, why wouldn't it be but lets not act like he opted out for any other reason but to cash in.

Hes clarified whatever comments you are making here, which could be obvious PR play but lets not forget hes spurned Dallas to stay in Brooklyn already for the money, why would it be so surprising for you to see him do it again? Especially since the load wouldn't be on him, IMO anyways.

eDush
04-30-2016, 01:50 PM

Or maybe I've seen the same movie too often. Players likes/hates big/small city, doesn't find a contract/role he likes so he runs to the money regardless. His first choice is obviously to stay in Dallas, why wouldn't it be but lets not act like he opted out for any other reason but to cash in.

Hes clarified whatever comments you are making here, which could be obvious PR play but lets not forget hes spurned Dallas to stay in Brooklyn already for the money, why would it be so surprising for you to see him do it again?Then why don't you put your guts where your mouth is with my bet. I delete psd account if he signs with the Knicks or Nets again otherwise you can't post for a month....deal or just chicken cause you know I'm right?

Chronz
04-30-2016, 02:56 PM
Yeah no. Essentially you're asking me to take a single team while you get his hometown+the field? Lol do you even know how gambling works? If you want a bet, i stand by what i said. Dallas is option number1 and if he doesn't find a role or contact that he likes, it wouldn't surprise me inn the least to go to NY. He's done it before

How would you work a bet around that?

Chronz
04-30-2016, 02:59 PM
I could see Milwaukee hitting the rest button on the PG spot by trading away MCW, signing Williams and then drafting Dunn or Murray
They are one of the few teams that desperately need a starting pg and are in a win soon situation with most of their core prospects already in place. They need some vets but i can't see them unloading mcw or moose on anyone

Chronz
04-30-2016, 03:06 PM
Yea DWill HATED NY, there is 0% chance he goes back there. he couldnt wait to get out of NY and left millions on the table to do so. and basically publicly admitted it.

even if he were the #3 option in NY there would be tons of pressure still as the starting PG.

How many millions. I guess you guys are right but not even as it being a last resort?

Crackadalic
04-30-2016, 03:20 PM
I want him nowhere near my team. IDC if he be our most talented guard since marbury.

I rather groom grant to be our starting pg who showed a lot of promise the last 20 games then give D-Will the gig to sometimes do his job.

So what you want about melo selfish playing style but at least he wants to win badly. I don't see that in his guy and I watch a **** ton of nets games. Pass

Crackadalic
04-30-2016, 03:25 PM
You guys might think we shouldn't pass on talent but we tried the melo/amare starbury/Francis etc. We just want Guys who has class and come to work everyday.

Yes we need talant but not at the expense of more drama and more ego. Even tho we won 32 games with less talented we match a lot of pass ****** Knicks teams who had more talant because guys played hard.

Chronz
04-30-2016, 03:49 PM
He would be stupid to leave Dallas and Dirk. Next year he gets to finally play with Dwight and Parsons plus a better Matthew's

Scoots
04-30-2016, 04:00 PM

Hes clarified whatever comments you are making here, which could be obvious PR play but lets not forget hes spurned Dallas to stay in Brooklyn already for the money, why would it be so surprising for you to see him do it again? Especially since the load wouldn't be on him, IMO anyways.

He left money behind so it doesn't seem likely that now it's all about the money.

Bostonjorge
04-30-2016, 04:14 PM
Whatever Jeremy Lin gets.

Chronz
04-30-2016, 04:19 PM
He left money behind so it doesn't seem likely that now it's all about the money.
It's alil bit about money if he's opting out but no doubt he would take less to stay. What if he and Cuban are far off like he's been with Chandler over the years?

NYKnickFanatic
04-30-2016, 05:14 PM
What do you see him getting?

7-8 seems fair.

TheNumber37
04-30-2016, 05:39 PM
I see him getting 3 years 25 mil with a third year opt out on a contender.

I think he wants to be starter. But, I assume he wants to win.
I seem him signing with the Bucks to play for Kidd.

nycericanguy
04-30-2016, 05:46 PM
How many millions. I guess you guys are right but not even as it being a last resort?

too much cap space out there this summer for him not to find a team he likes. Heck even the MLE will be close to $7m and I'm sure he can at least get that in a backup role.

But my bet is he stays with DAL at 3/21m or so.

eDush
04-30-2016, 06:40 PM
Yeah no. Essentially you're asking me to take a single team while you get his hometown+the field? Lol do you even know how gambling works? If you want a bet, i stand by what i said. Dallas is option number1 and if he doesn't find a role or contact that he likes, it wouldn't surprise me inn the least to go to NY. He's done it before

How would you work a bet around that?That's smart cause if you had taken the bet...it means you don't understand the percentages. How about 2 weeks of not posting on the main forum but you can continue to post on any team board or for other sports. I delete and will never post on this site ever again...that'd how likely your suggestion is :laugh:

eDush
04-30-2016, 06:43 PM

How many millions. I guess you guys are right but not even as it being a last resort?We are right and the fact that you think we goes where the money is at this point in his career show you are out of touch with reality. The guy is rich unlike you where all you think about is money so you think everyone does too:laugh:

eDush
04-30-2016, 06:48 PM
It's alil bit about money if he's opting out but no doubt he would take less to stay. What if he and Cuban are far off like he's been with Chandler over the years?There you go again still thinking bout $$$ is their key decision. He mega right now and not working at Micky Dees like you. Trust me, last place he does is any big metro teams where the pressure to win is great so I can see him going to the Bucks :nod:

eDush
04-30-2016, 07:09 PM
How much i would pay him would depend on how much i need a PG. I think he's going to try to be a starter, so i think he'll sign with the Knicks for 10-12 mill/yr for 3 years.Another fan whose not living in reality. Even Phil wouldn't want this guy after what he did to Jerry.

Sadds The Gr8
04-30-2016, 07:19 PM

Doubt Knicks sign him but I agree with that price. I see him getting 10-12 mill per, 2-3 years.

Chronz
04-30-2016, 09:48 PM
There you go again still thinking bout $$$ is their key decision. He mega right now and not working at Micky Dees like you. Trust me, last place he does is any big metro teams where the pressure to win is great so I can see him going to the Bucks :nod:
Dude he's opting out. unless he's doing it to take a paycut, it's most definitely money driven to some degree

Chronz
04-30-2016, 09:50 PM
too much cap space out there this summer for him not to find a team he likes. Heck even the MLE will be close to $7m and I'm sure he can at least get that in a backup role.

But my bet is he stays with DAL at 3/21m or so.

You think dwill sees himself as a reserve already?

Rivera
04-30-2016, 09:52 PM
I love how this turned into will deron Williams join the Knicks Lmaoo

I would be comfortable as a franchise offering 3-21 like one poster suggested but I could see a team offering 10mil for 2/3 years

FYI I think he stays in Dallas

Scoots
04-30-2016, 10:20 PM
It's alil bit about money if he's opting out but no doubt he would take less to stay. What if he and Cuban are far off like he's been with Chandler over the years?

It's more about personal control than anything else I think. I don't know where he wants to go, but after opting out he can find out what all the other teams are thinking (he can't talk to them at all until he opts out) and then make the decision he feels best about then work out the money.

Or he could be all about the money as long as it's not in NY.

TheMightyHumph
05-01-2016, 12:25 PM

How would you work a bet around that?

Deron couldn't take the pressure in Brooklyn. Manhattan might make him burst.

nycericanguy
05-01-2016, 12:43 PM

not at all, but i think in a worst case scenario he would rather take a 6th man role somewhere out in the midwest over coming to the NYC mecca to start.

eDush
05-01-2016, 05:58 PM

not at all, but i think in a worst case scenario he would rather take a 6th man role somewhere out in the midwest over coming to the NYC mecca to start.
Exactly. He doesn't want to be reminded by Nets fans who would swarm to all the Knicks home games to jeer at home for bailing out cause he can't take the pressure. Yet still fans of his think he will sign with NY if they give him the big money and when I bet it will never happen...they go cricket :laugh:

eDush
05-01-2016, 06:05 PM
There you go again still thinking bout $$$ is their key decision. He mega right now and not working at Micky Dees like you. Trust me, last place he does is any big metro teams where the pressure to win is great so I can see him going to the Bucks :nod:
Dude he's opting out. unless he's doing it to take a paycut, it's most definitely money driven to some degreeHe took a payout to play in Dallas but maybe it's still too much pressure to play at home so h will take a pay cut again to play at a tiny isolated area like the Bucks. I think that's what Monroe did too as the Knicks offered him the full max to join from what i read. Pressure is 200x greater in Madison Garden then in Milwaukee :nod:

Chronz
05-01-2016, 08:39 PM
Milwaukee is a serious leverage play for him. And i hear this allot about his inability to handle pressure but he's also clarified he wishes he was healthy in Brooklyn. Which sounds like an excuse but i seriously doubt he feels pressure at this point.

TheMightyHumph
05-02-2016, 01:22 PM
Milwaukee is a serious leverage play for him. And i hear this allot about his inability to handle pressure but he's also clarified he wishes he was healthy in Brooklyn. Which sounds like an excuse but i seriously doubt he feels pressure at this point.

Does he wish he was healthy in Dallas?

kingsdelez24
05-02-2016, 01:46 PM
I don't know if he could do what Jason Kidd did in 2012-2013.

What? Play SG next to Raymond Felton and only shoot threes? I'm pretty sure DWill was doing that all season with the mavs...

Chronz
05-02-2016, 02:01 PM
OK,, hes not going back to NY.