PDA

View Full Version : "CY" Rich Hill

Bo Sox Fan
04-28-2016, 11:44 PM
ERA - 2.42
IP - 26
K's - 37

Long story short, the end of last season was no fluke. Seems like a more realistic mid season trade target on the cheap instead of gutting the farm for a big name.

P.S. ( I had no idea where to put this since there is a thread for every time a guy gets a nose bleed or has something different for dinner )

RedSoxtober
04-29-2016, 10:01 AM
P.S. ( I had no idea where to put this since there is a thread for every time a guy gets a nose bleed or has something different for dinner )

You know what? I'm pretty much done trying to make this a place worth spending time for having a discussion about anything. Do whatever the **** you want.

Pittz
05-06-2016, 10:25 AM
ERA - 2.42
IP - 26
K's - 37

Long story short, the end of last season was no fluke. Seems like a more realistic mid season trade target on the cheap instead of gutting the farm for a big name.

You know what? I'm pretty much done trying to make this a place worth spending time for having a discussion about anything. Do whatever the **** you want.

BSF, I hope you're happy that your constant negativity has chased away the last person making this forum worthwhile. Well done, the Red Sox forum is officially dead!

Bo Sox Fan
05-06-2016, 02:26 PM
BSF, I hope you're happy that your constant negativity has chased away the last person making this forum worthwhile. Well done, the Red Sox forum is officially dead!

Or grow a set and don't take everything to heart.

tiger_ted
05-07-2016, 01:46 PM

Please don't let this happen. I follow the Sox from the UK and rely on this place to keep me up to date!

bruins>habs
05-07-2016, 02:45 PM
Can i ask what was negative about the thread and post?

MG956
05-07-2016, 04:35 PM
Can i ask what was negative about the thread and post?

RedSoxtober has been the glue that has kept this site going when there has been very little to like about this team. The OP had criticized his work and RedSoxtober had enough and bailed.

It's not just this OP, (opening poster on the thread), several people have felt it necessary to tell RedSoxtober how they would like things.

Well, RedSoxtober pretty much said kiss off.

MG956
05-07-2016, 04:38 PM
Please don't let this happen. I follow the Sox from the UK and rely on this place to keep me up to date!

I have an evil plan to get RedSoxtober back. I will post more stupit stuff. He can hold out for awhile but sooner or later he's going to have to come back and dopeslap me.

ruckus16969
05-08-2016, 06:20 AM
1st I want to say that NO 1 person could ever make or break this forum.

2nd Bosox has always been a lil play prick who try to bully people even though he is wrong more often then not, how is anyone shocked by his immature statements.

Lastly why would anyone want to follow a leader who is going to quit cause of a little boys immaturity.

Anyone can make game threads or run an offseason sim.

Please don't take this the wrong way. RedSoxtober is super smart and extremely dedicated. He has changed my thoughts on certain topics repeatedly over the past 5 or 6 years.

Not really like this forum is even half what it was like 3 or 4 years ago. To many bullies chasing new people away. If someone new who don't really understand how things work in real life in a front office there are 5 or 6 people that will tear them right up. Or if some who only has 100 Posts says so.ethi g so.e of these guys who have 10k plus posts will tear thwm for speaking or making a thread.

This site used to be my favorite site to came read and talk about baseball on. I used to check it 3 to 5 times a day more if stuff was going on like the TD or WM. Now I browse it once or twice a week.

The Mods need to stop allowing bullies to push new people out.

*end rant* not that it really matters lol

Shaiza
05-08-2016, 09:06 PM
RST was the best thing about this forum, hope he comes back soon.

AI
05-09-2016, 12:55 AM
Fact is that most of the good posters on this forum don't even post here anymore. Most have left due to the same reason RST did. This forum has gone to absolute crap and posters like BSF have everything to do with it. It's not that one can't handle his immaturity and that of other posters just like him, it's that dealing with it on an everyday basis and the lack of thought behind the posts gets pretty annoying. After a while, you just stop coming here because there are no baseball conversations worth to be had, just non-stop complaining and temper tantrums from chicken-little posters whenever things don't go the teams way.

RST, Frank, Bags, Lav, Pittz, Melo, Pittz, Lav, FNY, Towelie, ManRam, AVR, j-bay (who grew on me) and quite a few others made this forum a great place to come talk baseball for a really long time. Unfortunately, it's not the same anymore.

Green_Monster
05-09-2016, 10:56 AM
Fact is that most of the good posters on this forum don't even post here anymore. Most have left due to the same reason RST did. This forum has gone to absolute crap and posters like BSF have everything to do with it. It's not that one can't handle his immaturity and that of other posters just like him, it's that dealing with it on an everyday basis and the lack of thought behind the posts gets pretty annoying. After a while, you just stop coming here because there are no baseball conversations worth to be had, just non-stop complaining and temper tantrums from chicken-little posters whenever things don't go the teams way.

RST, Frank, Bags, Lav, Pittz, Melo, Pittz, Lav, FNY, Towelie, ManRam, AVR, j-bay (who grew on me) and quite a few others made this forum a great place to come talk baseball for a really long time. Unfortunately, it's not the same anymore.

Man, there's some great names in there. The good old days.

AI
05-09-2016, 11:21 AM
I love Pittz so much I mentioned him twice. #Bae :love:

Pittz
05-09-2016, 11:39 AM
I love Pittz so much I mentioned him twice. #Bae :love:

Lav too. You made a Lav-Pittz-Melo sandwich. I don't hate the sound of that :o

RedSoxtober
05-09-2016, 11:42 AM
Or grow a set and don't take everything to heart.

Several years ago I went to a community event. I was really busy and got there late, grabbing McD's because I was going to be too late to eat the meal that was available. While I was eating, the three year old child sitting across from me kept saying, "Yup, I SURE DO like french fries." It was a pretty obvious, annoying, childish, passive way to ask for something without actually asking. Your passive-aggressive whines don't take more fortitude to endure than their three year old equivalent.

Surviving some epic week long (or longer) battle royales with Bags over now-forgotten topics, in which the arguments were often as personal as they were analytical, took some resiliency. It may not have been good form, but it was an exciting and engaging exchange of perspectives. I actually enjoyed being challenged and learned a lot from his perspective even when we didn't agree. But that was almost a decade ago.

The problem is that BSF represents the new poster here. The typical, new poster has the attention span of a gnat and is likely to rail against a player one day and then sing his praises the next. There are no thoughts or convictions, only feelings and whims of the moment. It's about feeling good about publicly feeling bad and looking for opportunities to say, "I told you so" (even if you said the opposite three days before). The most frustrating part for those of us who care for a reasonable discussion is that there is never anything more than the little micro-rant. When engaged on a point or two that is clearly wrong on fact, the new poster is already on some topic du jour with equal angst and "internet truth" without looking back -- Twittah as a way of life. If the average poster wants to go this route, then great for them. They need to have someone with a similar mindset leading the charge.

With so little in return for the effort of reading, collecting, and sharing, I just don't care any more. I'm sure I'll post from time to time... but I won't anticipate a response.

Bo Sox Fan
05-09-2016, 04:17 PM
Several years ago I went to a community event. I was really busy and got there late, grabbing McD's because I was going to be too late to eat the meal that was available. While I was eating, the three year old child sitting across from me kept saying, "Yup, I SURE DO like french fries." It was a pretty obvious, annoying, childish, passive way to ask for something without actually asking. Your passive-aggressive whines don't take more fortitude to endure than their three year old equivalent.

Surviving some epic week long (or longer) battle royales with Bags over now-forgotten topics, in which the arguments were often as personal as they were analytical, took some resiliency. It may not have been good form, but it was an exciting and engaging exchange of perspectives. I actually enjoyed being challenged and learned a lot from his perspective even when we didn't agree. But that was almost a decade ago.

The problem is that BSF represents the new poster here. The typical, new poster has the attention span of a gnat and is likely to rail against a player one day and then sing his praises the next. There are no thoughts or convictions, only feelings and whims of the moment. It's about feeling good about publicly feeling bad and looking for opportunities to say, "I told you so" (even if you said the opposite three days before). The most frustrating part for those of us who care for a reasonable discussion is that there is never anything more than the little micro-rant. When engaged on a point or two that is clearly wrong on fact, the new poster is already on some topic du jour with equal angst and "internet truth" without looking back -- Twittah as a way of life. If the average poster wants to go this route, then great for them. They need to have someone with a similar mindset leading the charge.

With so little in return for the effort of reading, collecting, and sharing, I just don't care any more. I'm sure I'll post from time to time... but I won't anticipate a response.

First of all, where did I single you out in the first post of this thread? Or did you just assume I was aiming at you? Last time I checked, every user has started a new thread at some point and sometimes repeatedly.

Is it that you are just, perhaps, trying to start a verbal war because you don't like me? If so that's completely fine because everyone is entitled to there own opinions and beliefs, but in turn, don't quit your day job at ESPN where they like to butt heads with Boston sports fans like myself.

Secondly, as a moderator you sure don't set a good example at all, especially in this thread. You've chipped in absolutely nothing towards the topic at hand. Instead you took your ball while having a hissy fit and went home.

I'm sorry if this is a difficult time for you in life or whatever's up your *** but get a grip man.

ThomasTomasz
05-11-2016, 10:17 AM
This site used to be my favorite site to came read and talk about baseball on. I used to check it 3 to 5 times a day more if stuff was going on like the TD or WM. Now I browse it once or twice a week.

The Mods need to stop allowing bullies to push new people out.

*end rant* not that it really matters lol

Your opinion does matter. It seems that your opinion (and that of others) is that moderators are allowing bullies to push new people out. The problem with that is that I have no one reporting any of these posts for the moderators to take action on. If this has really been an issue, then it seems we are just dealing with it internally in the Red Sox forum, instead of reporting posts.

Perhaps it is because there isn't a technical "moderator" in here, just a TM, who doesn't have the ability to do any disciplinary action. I plan to PM Redsoxtober and see what's up, but if anyone is interested in helping the Red Sox forum, you can also shoot me a PM.