PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Wade was fouled at the end of the game?

Ty Fast
04-27-2016, 10:42 PM
It looked like he was fouled too me and should have shot 2 free throws. What do you think?

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-27-2016, 10:43 PM
This did not require the creation of a thread.

FlashBolt
04-27-2016, 10:46 PM
Is there a snippet of this? They only replayed it once and I'm not sure what I saw exactly.

AidanR4_
04-27-2016, 11:10 PM
Do you think Lee's missed layup should have been ruled goaltending?

ewing
04-27-2016, 11:13 PM
Do you think Cody Zeller set a lot of screens in the final 5? I did :nod:

ewing
04-27-2016, 11:14 PM
honestly i don't know if he was fouled. It was hectic, in traffic, and they only showed one replay. I think Zeller was clean he might have gotten hit from the backside. I couldn't tell.

archdevil84
04-27-2016, 11:14 PM
oh boy, here we go

FOXHOUND
04-27-2016, 11:16 PM
I think that after the 2006 Finals there are no calls against Wade's favor that I'll ever feel sorry about.

ewing
04-27-2016, 11:24 PM
Do you think Lee's missed layup should have been ruled goaltending?

IDK, it sure looked funny but on replay i couldn't tell if he got the ball. He might have just blew the layup. He should have dunked it

More-Than-Most
04-27-2016, 11:28 PM
I expected the heat to give the cavs a run for their money and instead they are about to be ousted by the hornets in the first friggin round :pity:

HandsOnTheWheel
04-27-2016, 11:32 PM
10 times out of 10, that's a called foul. Playing at home, home team's superstar going up in traffic and seemingly getting hacked warrants a call most of the time. Heat were down by 2 as well, it's not as if it would have decided the game..

ewing
04-27-2016, 11:37 PM
10 times out of 10, that's a called foul. Playing at home, home team's superstar going up in traffic and seemingly getting hacked warrants a call most of the time. Heat were down by 2 as well, it's not as if it would have decided the game..

it was a terrible possession, he was in traffic, and out of control. It might have been a foul but its not one you get all the time

CHANGO
04-27-2016, 11:40 PM

;)

HandsOnTheWheel
04-27-2016, 11:44 PM
it was a terrible possession, he was in traffic, and out of control. It might have been a foul but its not one you get all the time

Considering the circumstances it usually is a call one would get nowadays. Yes its unfair but its just the nature of today's game. God forbid this happened to the Cavs or Warriors with Lebron or Curry playing at home in the same situation without a foul drawn, people would be calling for heads.

sjbirds
04-27-2016, 11:47 PM
Guess it's 9 out of 10..haha

Bostonjorge
04-27-2016, 11:49 PM
Either way Hornets are the better team.

Monta is beast
04-27-2016, 11:49 PM
Did harden push off? Can rely on the refs in those situations close thread

ewing
04-27-2016, 11:55 PM
Considering the circumstances it usually is a call one would get nowadays. Yes its unfair but its just the nature of today's game. God forbid this happened to the Cavs or Warriors with Lebron or Curry playing at home in the same situation without a foul drawn, people would be calling for heads.

it wasn't curry or LeBron. It might have been a foul. I am not sure. I think i would be sure it was if i was a heat fan. That said context matters. If your offensive is hectic and out of control as is the shooter. it is a lot for the ref to follow and you are less likely to get the call. Yeah they may assume contact sometimes even if they didn't see it clear and do that more for MVP level players but Wade isn't one anymore and it was wild play finished by a wild pray.

aman_13
04-28-2016, 12:07 AM

HandsOnTheWheel
04-28-2016, 12:19 AM
it wasn't curry or LeBron. It might have been a foul. I am not sure. I think i would be sure it was if i was a heat fan. That said context matters. If your offensive is hectic and out of control as is the shooter. it is a lot for the ref to follow and you are less likely to get the call. Yeah they may assume contact sometimes even if they didn't see it clear and do that more for MVP level players but Wade isn't one anymore and it was wild play finished by a wild pray.
He wasn't out of control on the last drive, watch it again. The play itself was a disaster and he was lucky to have even gotten the ball back, but it wasn't as if he was in the process of losing the ball. I've seen that foul called on much pettier **** in similar situations before, but what can ya do.

HandsOnTheWheel
04-28-2016, 12:20 AM
Guess it's 9 out of 10..haha

:eyebrow:

ewing
04-28-2016, 12:36 AM
He wasn't out of control on the last drive, watch it again. The play itself was a disaster and he was lucky to have even gotten the ball back, but it wasn't as if he was in the process of losing the ball. I've seen that foul called on much pettier **** in similar situations before, but what can ya do.

it was a pray.

NYKnickFanatic
04-28-2016, 12:42 AM
I expected the heat to give the cavs a run for their money and instead they are about to be ousted by the hornets in the first friggin round :pity:

To be fair, the Hornets were one of the best teams in the second half of the season.

prodigy
04-28-2016, 12:53 AM
Wade's out of Miami, they trash

Ball_Out
04-28-2016, 01:00 AM
Clearly a foul. The NBA will issue an apology in the morning

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

naps
04-28-2016, 01:31 AM
Wtf does nba correcting calls the next morning suppose to do? This means ****. Cant change anything anymore.

WaDe03
04-28-2016, 01:32 AM
100% a foul. Refs have completely taken over this series, nothing we can do about that.

naps
04-28-2016, 01:34 AM
Wade's out of Miami, they trash

I think you are mixing him up with LeBron. Wade doesnt leave when the getting gets tough or doesnt fire his coach to make someone else a scapegoat instead of taking responsibilities himself.

Munkeysuit
04-28-2016, 01:46 AM
Yes he was fouled, but so what? they lost the game to a team they are way more superior to, that is no excuse.

Vee-Rex
04-28-2016, 01:52 AM
Nope, don't think he was fouled. He lost control of the ball (Courtney Lee actually deflected it) before there was any contact whatsoever. That still-frame picture posted in this thread is actually AFTER Lee has slapped the ball. Contact after the ball has been cleanly swiped is usually never called.

Would've been very questionable to give the Heat that call, especially in the waning moments of the game.

Not speaking for the rest of the game, but that last play looks fine to me.

WaDe03
04-28-2016, 01:56 AM
In order for there to be verticality you have to land in the same spot you jumped from Zeller did not and he was bent over. 100% a foul that should be called every time.

beasted86
04-28-2016, 02:21 AM
Yes he was fouled, but so what? they lost the game to a team they are way more superior to, that is no excuse.

Have to agree with the troll.

Even without Bosh and with 2 rookies playing a huge amount of minutes, the HEAT should be executing better with the veterans they have and be able to get stops defensively.

Wade was fouls though and that's always a 50/50 situation. You can't rely on the refs to make that call. The game should have been won in the first 3.5 quarters.

prodigy
04-28-2016, 02:42 AM
I think you are mixing him up with LeBron. Wade doesnt leave when the getting gets tough or doesnt fire his coach to make someone else a scapegoat instead of taking responsibilities himself.

true. But its towards the end of his career if he wants to win another ring he will need to leave or beg LeBron/ another superstar to come there again.

prodigy
04-28-2016, 02:46 AM
Have to agree with the troll.

Even without Bosh and with 2 rookies playing a huge amount of minutes, the HEAT should be executing better with the veterans they have and be able to get stops defensively.

Wade was fouls though and that's always a 50/50 situation. You can't rely on the refs to make that call. The game should have been won in the first 3.5 quarters.

LeBron's not getting calls either. Maybe refs are making more of a stance this playoffs and not letting superstars go to the line 10-15 times? IDK but refs been pretty bad so far threw out the playoffs.

ghettosean
04-28-2016, 07:47 AM
I think everyone knows I'm not much of a heat fan but Wade was 100% fouled on that play there was no missing that. I feel for the OP because I feel the same garbage has been going on in another series but what can you do your team just has to be that much better to win I guess and can't look towards to officials to bail them out.

SteBO
04-28-2016, 08:04 AM
Wade was fouled, but the game was lost on two plays...the rebound we failed to corale that led to the painful Courtney Lee 3 at the end....and a possession or two prior where J-Rich took that 40-footer after Wade pounded the ball for Lord knows how long. And anyway, both teams have been playing by a different set of officiating rules all series. I saw it since Game 1, even when we were shooting 58% from the floor and seemingly couldn't miss a shot. Gotta hand it to Clifford man, he played the #s and it's worked magically for them.

JasonJohnHorn
04-28-2016, 09:51 AM
I think that after the 2006 Finals there are no calls against Wade's favor that I'll ever feel sorry about.

+1

DboneG
04-28-2016, 09:52 AM
Yes, Wade clearly got fouled. This is how the refs are calling the games down the stretch of the 4th period. What can you do? Be super strong going to the basket from here on out, or work for a open un contested shot. Bron Bron isn't getting any calls... so, you adjust your game.

Well, Wade should have known already the refs weren't giving him those type of calls all game. So, he's to blame here. He's been playing this game for years! When the refs aren't making certain calls you adjust your game. Or go super strong to the basket.

Also, I didn't see the coach Erik Spoelstra getting on the refs at no time during the game.
Why do Erik Spoelstra still has a job in Miami is beyond me!!

JasonJohnHorn
04-28-2016, 09:54 AM
I don't know. Should Wade have got called for a flagarant here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlTIFCPxqgw

Please... the officials coddle Wade and the Heat all the time.

One call doesn't go his way and people are questioning this?

RowBTrice
04-28-2016, 10:06 AM
No, he did not.

pebloemer
04-28-2016, 10:07 AM
It absolutely was a foul by the rules. But you can find a foul on virtually every NBA play. You can't expect a whistle on something like that in the dying seconds. If the refs are relied on the call a foul on a final play, more often than not whistles are buried unless it is something pretty blatant and egregious. I don't think this was either.

ewing
04-28-2016, 10:49 AM
two questionable calls in the final min. Both 50/50 calls i guess. Heat got one and Hornets got one

Tony_Starks
04-28-2016, 10:54 AM
Technically not a foul because of verticality but at home and under those circumstances he absolutely should've got that call.

cmellofan15
04-28-2016, 10:58 AM
100% a foul. Refs have completely taken over this series, nothing we can do about that.

LMAO are the refs the ones in heat uniforms letting courtney lee grab offensive rebounds and shoot uncontested 3's?

JesusNYY_Savior
04-28-2016, 11:00 AM
Yes it was a foul, wade did not initiate the contact. But he flopped his way out of a call, if he didn't act like he is fouled every time he touched the ball he would have gotten that call.

Scoots
04-28-2016, 11:07 AM
When Harden fouled before his last second shot to win game 3 fans said that there should be no fouls called late in the game.

I think EVERY foul should be called in every situation. We need to add a ref up top because there just are not enough eyes to watch everything going on at a reasonable level.

Hawkeye15
04-28-2016, 11:28 AM
Do you think Cody Zeller set a lot of screens in the final 5? I did :nod:

yeah but they were man screens

Hawkeye15
04-28-2016, 11:29 AM
Gabrielle Union for sure thinks he was

Scoots
04-28-2016, 11:42 AM
Gabrielle Union for sure thinks he was

I wonder if she feels the same about all the times Wade fouls someone and doesn't get called for it?

Slug3
04-28-2016, 11:51 AM
I don't know. Should Wade have got called for a flagarant here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlTIFCPxqgw

I mean yeah he probably should have and also should have when he shoved someone else on a fast break (Cant remember but think it was a Bull player as well).

But those have zero to do with this play. People here saying Wade should never get a foul again cause of 06 and stuff like this is just admitting that he got fouled.

It is not going to be Wades fault when the refs make the call. Any player is going to take advantage of getting to the line. Should I blame Lin for the refs making all these calls for him? No, he is doing what the flow of the game is letting him do and the refs are calling it.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-28-2016, 12:00 PM
doesnt really matter, Wade stinks at the FT line

Hawkeye15
04-28-2016, 12:06 PM
I wonder if she feels the same about all the times Wade fouls someone and doesn't get called for it?

I wonder what her butt feels like

RCarlson85
04-28-2016, 12:15 PM
Technically not a foul because of verticality but at home and under those circumstances he absolutely should've got that call.

No way, you need to watch a replay again if you think he was vertical. He may have had his arms up to give that impression, but he clearly jumped into Wade. In no way, shape, or form did he go straight up.

HandsOnTheWheel
04-28-2016, 12:17 PM

Lol a video from 4 years ago? Times have changed brother.

While I credit the Hornets for being the more aggressive team, the foul discrepancy has been downright ridiculous in this series. Heat can't look at Hornets players without getting a foul called seemingly, and that's the fine line between a team being more aggressive and a team getting all the calls.

RCarlson85
04-28-2016, 12:19 PM
When Harden fouled before his last second shot to win game 3 fans said that there should be no fouls called late in the game.

I think EVERY foul should be called in every situation. We need to add a ref up top because there just are not enough eyes to watch everything going on at a reasonable level.

I absolutely think that should have been a foul on Harden, it was so blatant. I also agree that a foul should be called no matter the situation. A foul is a foul whether it happens in the 1st quarter or the last 5 seconds.

The Hornets got rewarded over and over again in the series for driving to the hoop. Some of the drives were legitimate fouls and others didn't deserve to be called. Wade drives to the hoop, gets hammered, and gets nothing.

aman_13
04-28-2016, 12:22 PM
He was definitely fouled.

Scoots
04-28-2016, 12:25 PM
I wonder what her butt tastes like

Fixed it for you :)

FlashBolt
04-28-2016, 12:44 PM
Maybe Wade would have gotten the call if he didn't decide to flop. I know the refs probably thought Wade was overreacting and thus, couldn't accurately assess if it was a foul.

DR_1
04-28-2016, 12:46 PM
oh boy, here we go
:laugh:

D-Leethal
04-28-2016, 12:54 PM
Probably should have gotten a call there. Probably should have gotten a goaltend against C. Lee. Blaming the refs is such a tired exercise.

WaDe03
04-28-2016, 01:07 PM
LMAO are the refs the ones in heat uniforms letting courtney lee grab offensive rebounds and shoot uncontested 3's?

We shouldn't be playing against both the Hornets and refs though. People don't understand this for some reason.

ewing
04-28-2016, 01:08 PM
We shouldn't be playing against both the Hornets and refs though. People don't understand this for some reason.

your not. there were two 50/50 calls at the end of the game. you got one, they got one

TO Rapz
04-28-2016, 01:13 PM
lol this happens 10x a game to derozan

WaDe03
04-28-2016, 01:15 PM
your not. there were two 50/50 calls at the end of the game. you got one, they got one

I'm not talking about one or 2 plays I'm talking about for the whole game. Games 1-5 officiating has been on their side if you don't believe it check the numbers and I posted multiple stats and videos in the series thread. All of those calls/non-calls I posted were from game 4 alone. We've been ****ed.

ewing
04-28-2016, 01:25 PM
I'm not talking about one or 2 plays I'm talking about for the whole game. Games 1-5 officiating has been on their side if you don't believe it check the numbers and I posted multiple stats and videos in the series thread. All of those calls/non-calls I posted were from game 4 alone. We've been ****ed.

i have a feeling there is a laundry list of things in your life that are someone else's fault

WaDe03
04-28-2016, 01:32 PM
i have a feeling there is a laundry list of things in your life that are someone else's fault

Nope not at all but this has all been clear as day if you've been watching.

likemystylez
04-28-2016, 01:33 PM
looked like kamienski made an attempt to jump straight up.... but go ahead and give wade that call and also give lee the goaltended basket and the foul cuz he got hit on the head. same outcome, so im not sure why Miami fans are concerned about this.

the goal tend on lee was even more black and white than the non call foul.

likemystylez
04-28-2016, 01:34 PM

dude, they allow the heat to goaltend without calling anything. if they allowed any other team to goaltend whenever they wanted- they could completely lock teams up

WaDe03
04-28-2016, 01:39 PM
One play lmao. If you watched the series you would see how much **** they hornets have gotten away with. If you're questioning why I'm *****ing about refs go to the series thread and look at all the stats and videos I've posted. That will show you why.

likemystylez
04-28-2016, 01:41 PM
One play lmao. If you watched the series you would see how much **** they hornets have gotten away with. If you're questioning why I'm *****ing about refs go to the series thread and look at all the stats and videos I've posted. That will show you why.

ummm d wade through out his career has gotten a ton of questionable calls and your concerned about 1 series???

Vee-Rex
04-28-2016, 01:43 PM
Even if they gave Wade the call there's no guarantee he would've hit both free throws.

Hornets are up 3-2, and that's the bottom line. I certainly hope the Miami players aren't hanging their heads about the refs or they're toast tomorrow night.

ewing
04-28-2016, 02:03 PM
i'm actually conflicted on this series the Hornets are fun to watch but i feel the Heat have a better shot against Clev. I still think Whiteside is the big X factor for them. If he can be a monster they are tough for anyone. Its not the refs they are just very average without Bosh unless Whiteside is huge

Sofnr
04-28-2016, 02:03 PM
I find it a little funny that Heat fans seem to be the one's constantly whining about the refs now. It has to be because of the Lebron years. At that time they got more favorable calls then anybody in the league. Now they are treated like every other team in the league. But a couple heat fans around here,(not all), seem to think every ref is against them. It's not the refs. This is normal. Calls get missed. Some go your way. Some don't. The heat are losing this series because they've been outplayed.

ewing
04-28-2016, 02:05 PM
I find it a little funny that Heat fans seem to be the one's constantly whining about the refs now. It has to be because of the Lebron years. At that time they got more favorable calls then anybody in the league. Now they are treated like every other team in the league. But a couple heat fans around here,(not all), seem to think every ref is against them. It's not the refs. This is normal. Calls get missed. Some go your way. Some don't. The heat are losing this series because they've been outplayed.

makes sense :laugh2:

WaDe03
04-28-2016, 02:06 PM
Wades the 3rd clutchest player in the league statistically. I'm confident he would've hit those.

Ball_Out
04-28-2016, 02:20 PM

So Wade doesn't deserve to get crucial calls because of this?

R. Johnson#3
04-28-2016, 02:31 PM
You can argue that Zeller didn't jump straight up but it wasn't like he went charging into Wade. There was the tiniest bit of contact. In today's NBA that call can go either way but when there's 2 seconds left in a one posession game a foul should be clear as day for a player to go to the line and that is not nearly enough contact to send a player to the line with the game in the balance.

HandsOnTheWheel
04-28-2016, 02:34 PM
Probably a Bulls fan.

WaDe03
04-28-2016, 02:34 PM
If that was Lin or Kemba based on this series they go to the line.

canzano55
04-28-2016, 02:37 PM
I find it a little funny that Heat fans seem to be the one's constantly whining about the refs now. It has to be because of the Lebron years. At that time they got more favorable calls then anybody in the league. Now they are treated like every other team in the league. But a couple heat fans around here,(not all), seem to think every ref is against them. It's not the refs. This is normal. Calls get missed. Some go your way. Some don't. The heat are losing this series because they've been outplayed.Why are you assuming that the Heat would advance past Toronto or Indianapolis?

I could understand if Chris Bosh was healthy but he's not so I fail to see why the Heat would be a lock for the ECF.

Sofnr
04-28-2016, 03:12 PM
Why are you assuming that the Heat would advance past Toronto or Indianapolis?

I could understand if Chris Bosh was healthy but he's not so I fail to see why the Heat would be a lock for the ECF.

Was that a miquote? I did think the Heat would beat Charlotte. I never expected them to get past Toronto.

Vee-Rex
04-28-2016, 03:19 PM
You can argue that Zeller didn't jump straight up but it wasn't like he went charging into Wade. There was the tiniest bit of contact. In today's NBA that call can go either way but when there's 2 seconds left in a one posession game a foul should be clear as day for a player to go to the line and that is not nearly enough contact to send a player to the line with the game in the balance.

Not only that, but they changed the rules of verticality this year. No longer do you have to land where you jumped, and your arms can come down now.

Tyler Zeller absolutely did not foul Wade, and Courtney Lee got ALL BALL before the contact on Wade's arm. I just don't see the foul. I see tough, hard defense with a bit of contact at the end of the game but that's not typically a call you make.

View the video (instead of just the image) and you'll see.

numba1CHANGsta
04-28-2016, 03:26 PM
If LeBron were still with the Heat, Wade gets that call

Hawkeye15
04-28-2016, 03:35 PM
I actually thought the help defender fouled his shooting arm, forget Zeller

Vee-Rex
04-28-2016, 03:44 PM
I actually thought the help defender fouled his shooting arm, forget Zeller

Really? Even watching the video?

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/playoffs/eastseries3/2016/04/27/0041500125-cha-mia-recap.nba/

At approximately the 3:01-3:05 minute mark it goes to a closeup. You'll see Lee's hand deflect all ball BEFORE the contact on the arm. Generally when the defender gets all ball first, any contact afterwards is disregarded (unless it's incredibly egregious). Let me know what you think?

Hawkeye15
04-28-2016, 04:00 PM
Really? Even watching the video?

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/playoffs/eastseries3/2016/04/27/0041500125-cha-mia-recap.nba/

At approximately the 3:01-3:05 minute mark it goes to a closeup. You'll see Lee's hand deflect all ball BEFORE the contact on the arm. Generally when the defender gets all ball first, any contact afterwards is disregarded (unless it's incredibly egregious). Let me know what you think?

I couldn't see that. But if he knocked the ball loose than it's not a foul, you are correct.

JasonJohnHorn
04-28-2016, 04:00 PM
I mean yeah he probably should have and also should have when he shoved someone else on a fast break (Cant remember but think it was a Bull player as well).

But those have zero to do with this play. People here saying Wade should never get a foul again cause of 06 and stuff like this is just admitting that he got fouled.

It is not going to be Wades fault when the refs make the call. Any player is going to take advantage of getting to the line. Should I blame Lin for the refs making all these calls for him? No, he is doing what the flow of the game is letting him do and the refs are calling it.

I'm not suggesting he shouldn't get calls. But when one gets blown, he's got not call to complain. He has been coddled by officials for over a decade. A couple calls don't go his way and people start acting like it's news.

Try being a Spurs fan, or a Raptors fan. See how officials screw teams like that over all the time, and small market team like the T-Wolves, Bucks, and Blazers.

There are bad calls every night in every game. Why is this one a big deal? I mean, the Rockets series went to 5 games because of a bad call, and nobody seems to care.

JasonJohnHorn
04-28-2016, 04:02 PM
If LeBron were still with the Heat, Wade gets that call

If LeBron was with the Heat, he wouldn't need that call.

Kush McDaniels
04-28-2016, 05:43 PM
I only saw the play once, but it looked like the help defender was almost straight up. His arms were forward, but he didn't make contact with the arms. This is tough enough of a call that I wouldn't be too upset about the refs not calling it.

Kush McDaniels
04-28-2016, 05:45 PM
I'm not suggesting he shouldn't get calls. But when one gets blown, he's got not call to complain. He has been coddled by officials for over a decade. A couple calls don't go his way and people start acting like it's news.

Try being a Spurs fan, or a Raptors fan. See how officials screw teams like that over all the time, and small market team like the T-Wolves, Bucks, and Blazers.

There are bad calls every night in every game. Why is this one a big deal? I mean, the Rockets series went to 5 games because of a bad call, and nobody seems to care.

Precisely why I'd rather see the Raps v Hornets next round. Raptors were against the refs and the Nets 2 years ago. I don't think the Hornets would get preferential calls vs the Raps next round

Big Zo
04-28-2016, 06:04 PM
Whether you think it was a foul or not, I think we can all agree that Adam Silver looks like he's about to hand Snow White an apple.

WaDe03
04-28-2016, 06:44 PM
Whether you think it was a foul or not, I think we can all agree that Adam Silver looks like he's about to hand Snow White an apple.

Hell yea lol. Rigged *** series.

ghettosean
04-28-2016, 07:01 PM
If LeBron was with the Heat, he wouldn't need that call.

What if he had cramps?

JasonJohnHorn
04-28-2016, 07:12 PM
What if he had cramps?

Good question! ;-) lol

JasonJohnHorn
04-28-2016, 07:14 PM
So Wade doesn't deserve to get crucial calls because of this?

Is that what I said? Because I don't remember saying that.

JasonJohnHorn
04-28-2016, 07:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRUpaMFq73s

You watch the video slowed down to 0.25.... the player in front of Wade jumps up and down. Any contact with that player is inconsequential (not that any is made that would constitute a foul) because the player behind Wade knocked the ball loose cleanly.

I find it funny that certain people get so used to be coddled by the officials, that when a non-foul is not called, there are coaches and wives calling for officials to be held accountable for doing their job properly. It's like: "We are used to getting calls, even when they aren't legit. Why didn't we get one of those today?"

If you want to beat a team, beat them. Don't wait for officials to bail you out.

The Spurs have NEVER had the officials making calls for them the way they did for Jordan and Kobe and Shaq and Wade and LBJ, yet they have been a 50-win team for nearly two decades and have five rings. I hear supers stars and coaches and wives and fans complain about a guy not getting a call when he gets tons of calls going his way, I just roll my eyes. I don't recall any Heat fans in 06 saying: Man, the Mavs got a rough deal with the officials. Or saying the same thing of the Pacers the last couple years LBJ was there.

Super stars get calls, and Wade has benefited as much as nearly anybody in his generation. There has never been a questioned as to whether refs are hard him: they are not. There is no need to question this. The Heat lost the game on their own. They should hold their heads high that they are doing so well with one of their All-Star players on the sidelines right now.

gaughan333
04-28-2016, 07:56 PM
why are there 7 pages of responses to a heat fan crying? Sucks when you're on the other end of the spectrum, doesn't it?

D-Leethal
04-28-2016, 09:07 PM
LOL, yea I'm sure Adam Silver and the NBA illuminati are just dying for the Charlotte Hornets and all of their allure to advance to the next round over Miami, passing up on an ECF matchup vs Cleveland and the only blockbuster series the EC is capable of producing these playoffs. Gimme a break...

beasted86
04-28-2016, 09:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRUpaMFq73s

You watch the video slowed down to 0.25.... the player in front of Wade jumps up and down. Any contact with that player is inconsequential (not that any is made that would constitute a foul) because the player behind Wade knocked the ball loose cleanly.

The player behind Wade knocked the ball loose cleanly? Really?

;)

And before you make up any more stories, it's best you check my opinion on this topic which I already posted earlier here:
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?908510-Do-you-think-Wade-was-fouled-at-the-end-of-the-game&p=30876753#post30876753

I never made it a habit to listen to Colin Cowherd gas bag on the radio, but I remember something he said while he was with ESPN. There are generally 2 types of fans. Ones that knows what they know and you can't tell them otherwise and the fans who think they know but are open to all the information and facts and are willing to find the truth.

You're so caught up telling us what you know about "star calls" and Wades history of getting them it seems you're willing to ignore the facts because you know what you know and you know it well.

Wade was clearly fouled on the play. Significantly by Lee, and secondarily because the vertical contest doesn't apply is your arms are extended forward. The only part we agree on here is the HEAT lost the game on their own.

R. Johnson#3
04-28-2016, 10:12 PM
^lol

Scoots
04-28-2016, 10:13 PM
NBA came back and said it was called correctly.

I think a lot of the perception of officiating has to do with the announcers being idiots. A lot of contact where the announcers say "that was a clear foul" are not fouls by the current rules. What people call moving screens are often not moving screens ... screeners can move while screening, they can't be moving when they set the screen, but they can move mid-screen. Heck I've seen announcers say a player traveled because they took multiple steps between dribbles when the ball was not in their hands, sorry you can't travel WITHOUT THE BALL. The announcers have to talk all the time so I understand how it happens, but I honestly think they are a big part of the perception problem with officials.

likemystylez
04-28-2016, 11:08 PM
Wades the 3rd clutchest player in the league statistically. I'm confident he would've hit those.

and im confident that courtney lee would have made the lay up that wade goaltended, but then again whther he would have made it or not is kind of irreverent considering

likemystylez
04-28-2016, 11:09 PM
NBA came back and said it was called correctly.

I think a lot of the perception of officiating has to do with the announcers being idiots. A lot of contact where the announcers say "that was a clear foul" are not fouls by the current rules. What people call moving screens are often not moving screens ... screeners can move while screening, they can't be moving when they set the screen, but they can move mid-screen. Heck I've seen announcers say a player traveled because they took multiple steps between dribbles when the ball was not in their hands, sorry you can't travel WITHOUT THE BALL. The announcers have to talk all the time so I understand how it happens, but I honestly think they are a big part of the perception problem with officials.

did they say whether or not it was a goaltend on courtney lee a few seconds earlier?

WaDe03
04-29-2016, 12:26 AM
They said it wasn't a goaltend. Wades was definitely a foul though. You think they were going to admit it was a foul after Gabrielle ripped them? They just so happened to have a long random delay they apologized with on the report today before they released it. And I find it funny as hell that warriors fans are in here throwing shade at heat fans because we used to get all the calls whenever they now get every call and cheated their way to the record. Don't get me wrong it was impressive but realistically they would've been about 66-16 had there been a fair whistle. Moving screens out of this world. I watch 2 or 3 games they won by the benefit of the refs in late game situations and then I watched the celtics game they lost at home where the refs tried so hard to get the Warriors to win. Draymond was literally out there tackling people and didn't get called for a foul so if you're a warriors fan I don't want to hear it.

WaDe03
04-29-2016, 12:28 AM
Also if you haven't watched every minute of these games your opinion isn't necessary. They've cheated the Heat something serious this series. Two of Wade Dragic and Whiteside are always in foul trouble. What are we supposed to do with that? We're not stacked 15 deep like the Warriors or Spurs.

WaDe03
04-29-2016, 12:33 AM

This isn't including Marvin Williams slide tackle on Deng when he was going for a loose ball and it was a no call.

End of discussion. If you're still trying to argue this hasn't been one sided officiating idk what to tell you.

This was all in game 4 alone. Rigged!

WaDe03
04-29-2016, 12:36 AM

Just testing this post out, will post multiple here soon. d

cmellofan15
04-29-2016, 11:16 AM

they aren't. you're whining, being over dramatic, and speaking in hyperbole.

Scoots
04-29-2016, 11:23 AM
they aren't. You're whining, being over dramatic, and speaking in hyperbole.

what!?!?! Never!!!!

ewing
04-29-2016, 11:29 AM
come on based on Wade03's screen shots of Heat players actually being touched by Hornet players i think its oblivious that this series is rigged. right?

Hawkeye15
04-29-2016, 12:32 PM
LOL, yea I'm sure Adam Silver and the NBA illuminati are just dying for the Charlotte Hornets and all of their allure to advance to the next round over Miami, passing up on an ECF matchup vs Cleveland and the only blockbuster series the EC is capable of producing these playoffs. Gimme a break...

exactly

WaDe03
04-29-2016, 12:51 PM
come on based on Wade03's screen shots of Heat players actually being touched by Hornet players i think its oblivious that this series is rigged. right?

You're dumb as hell if you can't see those are fouls lol. I know you're a Knicks fan but come on.

ewing
04-29-2016, 01:10 PM
You're dumb as hell if you can't see those are fouls lol. I know you're a Knicks fan but come on.

yep everyone but you and the most bias of Heat fans are in on the conspiracy.

Sofnr
04-29-2016, 01:34 PM

:laugh:

WaDe03
04-29-2016, 01:57 PM
yep everyone but you and the most bias of Heat fans are in on the conspiracy.

Which one isn't a foul? The Kemba Walker accords the arm of Dragic? The Lin tackle on Deng? I'm confused.

mrblisterdundee
04-29-2016, 02:00 PM
It looked like he was fouled too me and should have shot 2 free throws. What do you think?

Possibly, although Wade also got away with a goaltend just before that possible foul, so it evened out. The Hornets won that game fair and square.

Sofnr
04-29-2016, 02:27 PM
Possibly, although Wade also got away with a goaltend just before that possible foul, so it evened out. The Hornets won that game fair and square.

That's the key here. If someone wanted to go through all the games and pick every time they think a foul could have been called on a Heat player we'd have a ton of videos. I don't care enough. There are missed calls in every series. This isn't something new. That's the NBA. The Hornets are outplaying the Heat. Certain fans need to get over the conspiracy theories. There is no benefit to the league to try to make Charlotte win this series. It's hillarious.

nastynice
04-29-2016, 03:36 PM
EASY no call, IMO. too late in the game to call a foul that soft. In the first 47 min that coulda been a foul, but not in the last min

nastynice
04-29-2016, 04:09 PM
They said it wasn't a goaltend. Wades was definitely a foul though. You think they were going to admit it was a foul after Gabrielle ripped them? They just so happened to have a long random delay they apologized with on the report today before they released it. And I find it funny as hell that warriors fans are in here throwing shade at heat fans because we used to get all the calls whenever they now get every call and cheated their way to the record. Don't get me wrong it was impressive but realistically they would've been about 66-16 had there been a fair whistle. Moving screens out of this world. I watch 2 or 3 games they won by the benefit of the refs in late game situations and then I watched the celtics game they lost at home where the refs tried so hard to get the Warriors to win. Draymond was literally out there tackling people and didn't get called for a foul so if you're a warriors fan I don't want to hear it.

Actually I thought as a warriors fan, WE'D be able to weigh in, given the same thing happened to us the other night. I feel the same about this the way I feel about the harden shot, technically maybe it's a foul, but given time and situation, good no call

Redrum187
04-29-2016, 04:10 PM
It's just hilarious to me that "HEAT" fans think there is a conspiracy in 2016, but not in 2006... Jesus Christ... lol

D-Leethal
04-29-2016, 04:11 PM
Which one isn't a foul? The Kemba Walker accords the arm of Dragic? The Lin tackle on Deng? I'm confused.

You can put together one sided screenshots of any game in NBA history and try to point out multiple plays that should have been fouls. You could do the same thing for Charlotte in the same game. Get over it, you are crying like an infant.

WaDe03
04-29-2016, 07:56 PM
You can put together one sided screenshots of any game in NBA history and try to point out multiple plays that should have been fouls. You could do the same thing for Charlotte in the same game. Get over it, you are crying like an infant.

Pull up.

WaDe03
04-29-2016, 08:01 PM
It's just hilarious to me that "HEAT" fans think there is a conspiracy in 2016, but not in 2006... Jesus Christ... lol

Nobody has mentioned 2006 but you. Stop living in the past.

JasonJohnHorn
04-30-2016, 09:27 AM
I think the Heat fans are so used to get so many calls, that when non-fouls don't get called, they actually think they've been screwed over.

Look Heat fan, your team has benefited from officiating leaning their way for the better part of a decade. WTF are you complaining about now? I don't recall you complaining when the officials screwed over the Pistons in 06 against the Heat, and then screwed over the Mavs? Or how the officials screwed over the Pacers in 13 and 14, and screwed over the Spurs in 13?

If you are only going to complain when the officials miss a call for you, but collect 3 rings while the officials are helping you the whole way and you take no issue with it then, don't take issue with it now.

Bottom line is this series is meaningless anyways. Neither team is likely to be going to be going to the NBA finals, and certainly neither team will be winning a championship. And it's not like the NBA is pushing for Charlotte. Hell... Silver just announced they won't have the All-Star game in NC if that anti-gay law is still on the books.

Jesus. Take your rings and shut up already. T-Wolves got hammered by the officials when they played the Lakers on 04, and the Spurs have been abused any number of times, as have Pacer fans, and Raptors fans, and Kings fans, and they put up with god awful officiating all the time and NOBODY complains like this about one single call.

Redrum187
04-30-2016, 12:50 PM
I think the Heat fans are so used to get so many calls, that when non-fouls don't get called, they actually think they've been screwed over.

Look Heat fan, your team has benefited from officiating leaning their way for the better part of a decade. WTF are you complaining about now? I don't recall you complaining when the officials screwed over the Pistons in 06 against the Heat, and then screwed over the Mavs? Or how the officials screwed over the Pacers in 13 and 14, and screwed over the Spurs in 13?

If you are only going to complain when the officials miss a call for you, but collect 3 rings while the officials are helping you the whole way and you take no issue with it then, don't take issue with it now.

Bottom line is this series is meaningless anyways. Neither team is likely to be going to be going to the NBA finals, and certainly neither team will be winning a championship. And it's not like the NBA is pushing for Charlotte. Hell... Silver just announced they won't have the All-Star game in NC if that anti-gay law is still on the books.

Jesus. Take your rings and shut up already. T-Wolves got hammered by the officials when they played the Lakers on 04, and the Spurs have been abused any number of times, as have Pacer fans, and Raptors fans, and Kings fans, and they put up with god awful officiating all the time and NOBODY complains like this about one single call.

Pretty much agree with this.

Redrum187
04-30-2016, 12:52 PM

I thought we were discussing instances where refs "screw" players. No one but "HEAT" fans are talking about the refs screwing the Heat/Hornets series...

It's sad because it's turned into a great series and you can't even appreciate it due to thinking the refs are out to get the "HEAT".

Chronz
04-30-2016, 01:59 PM
How were all those incidents of screw jobs?

likemystylez
04-30-2016, 02:22 PM

haha- I love how you say that 2 days after the foul and after the heat have evened the series up heading back to miami for what should be an amazing game.

Way to take charge and decipher what the past is in a thread thats clearly run its course and actually become basically a moot point. (Not that it was ever legitimately worth its own thread)

CHANGO
04-30-2016, 03:31 PM

:facepalm: LMAO

S & B Bleeder
05-01-2016, 07:47 PM
Do you think wade was fouled? It looked like he was fouled too me and should have shot 2 free throws. What do you think?

No. Those types of calls are reserved for true 'Superstar' players.

Fringe All-stars like overWaded who arent tough dont get those. Sorry.

Wade n Fade
05-01-2016, 08:11 PM
Wade was fouled, but it doesn't matter now since the Heat dismantled the Hornets during Game 7.

Scoots
05-01-2016, 08:39 PM
Wade wasn't fouled, but it doesn't matter now since the Heat dismantled the Hornets during Game 7.

Fixed it.

blahblahyoutoo
05-01-2016, 08:49 PM
Fixed it.

is u blind homes?
that hornets guy jumped at him and mauled him.

Scoots
05-01-2016, 09:26 PM
is u blind homes?
that hornets guy jumped at him and mauled him.

1. It doesn't matter.
2. the NBA reviewed it and said it wasn't a foul.
3. It doesn't matter.
4. Anybody still complaining is a homer with no purpose.
5. It doesn't matter.
6. It wasn't a foul.
7. It doesn't matter.

Wade n Fade
05-02-2016, 01:42 AM
Fixed it.

You broke it. Nice job, Mr/Ms. Home Depot.